Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 7]

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I want to duel Quinn because I think he is bad and I would love to be the one to beat him in a duel. I figured he felt the same. I don't see why he would decline my challenge unless he his scared he will flip bad in that case who wants a civ around you isn't welling to put their money where their mouth is.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I want to duel Quinn because I think he is bad and I would love to be the one to beat him in a duel. I figured he felt the same. I don't see why he would decline my challenge unless he his scared he will flip bad in that case who wants a civ around you isn't welling to put their money where their mouth is.
Why would a civ want to risk being lynched and become dead? How does that further the civ cause?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Well there is the treasure... Duh. I think it will give the civs as a whole a lot of info if Quinn dueled.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I want to duel Quinn because I think he is bad and I would love to be the one to beat him in a duel. I figured he felt the same. I don't see why he would decline my challenge unless he his scared he will flip bad in that case who wants a civ around you isn't welling to put their money where their mouth is.
I declined your challenge because I'm not going to voluntarily duel my top scum read for the sake of my pride. What would that do for anybody?

Want a shovel for the hole you're digging, Bass? Or are you okay using your hands?

linki: Good Lorab. :nicenod:

double linki: I don't want treasure if it means risking being lynched. I'm more of an asset alive than dead. :|
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I am sorry Bass, but none lf this makes sense to me. Suppose both of you are town. What does anyone have to gain by the two of you dueling? As of right now you've supplied us with 0 reason as to why you suspect Quin, and nothing about your wording suggests you have any special information. Perhaps you do. I don't know. But as of right now you have not even begun to convince me to vote for Quin, and I have no reason to vote for either of you. I also don't understand why you think anyone, town or scum, should invite votes right now. What if we send you to duel Quin and you lose? If you are town that's a completely unnecessary risk.
Who is your second suspect behind Quin?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

DDL duh. I'm going to be keeping my votes the same.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oh right, there's treasure involved.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:DDL duh. I'm going to be keeping my votes the same.
Are you able to explain either of these suspicions?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Sloonei wrote:
I am sorry Bass, but none lf this makes sense to me. Suppose both of you are town. What does anyone have to gain by the two of you dueling? As of right now you've supplied us with 0 reason as to why you suspect Quin, and nothing about your wording suggests you have any special information. Perhaps you do. I don't know. But as of right now you have not even begun to convince me to vote for Quin, and I have no reason to vote for either of you. I also don't understand why you think anyone, town or scum, should invite votes right now. What if we send you to duel Quin and you lose? If you are town that's a completely unnecessary risk.
But be honest what will anyone learn from my lynch? Nothing , that's what. People accuse me of being in cahoots with DDL but then says I just drove by and tried to start to bandwagons last vote. If that's the case why would I start a bandwagon on a team mate if I was mafia?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
But be honest what will anyone learn from my lynch? Nothing , that's what. People accuse me of being in cahoots with DDL but then says I just drove by and tried to start to bandwagons last vote. If that's the case why would I start a bandwagon on a team mate if I was mafia?
I'll learn whether there's potential in you, DDL and nutella being teammates if you're lynched. But that's not why I'm going to vote for you. It's just an added benefit.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
You're your own most vocal opponent right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am town-reading Bass right now. I just don't get some of his thinking in these matters.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

The best way to describe why I want those two lynched is because I try and play with my gut and looking at every angle. I try to put myself in the mafia teams shoes. The way the mafia has played so far leads me to believe that they would want to kill both of those two before anyone else right now because Quinn has be acting super town and DDL has been one of , if not the top poster for sometime. They fit the pattern of who the mafia have been killing and yet they aren't dead. So that makes me think it's because they are the ones doing the killing. There is no sure fire way to find scum but that's the way I'm playing this game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:The best way to describe why I want those two lynched is because I try and play with my gut and looking at every angle. I try to put myself in the mafia teams shoes. The way the mafia has played so far leads me to believe that they would want to kill both of those two before anyone else right now because Quinn has be acting super town and DDL has been one of , if not the top poster for sometime. They fit the pattern of who the mafia have been killing and yet they aren't dead. So that makes me think it's because they are the ones doing the killing. There is no sure fire way to find scum but that's the way I'm playing this game.
This makes more sense. Before it appeared that you were just singling Quin out. I do not know what kind of suspicion he has drawn in the thread throughout the game, but in the case of DDL I can assume that he would be left alone by either scum team because he's drawn a fair amount of attention himself.

What makes you go with DDL and Quin over Nutella? Or Scotty, who was near the top in terms of activity before his two days of silence?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:The best way to describe why I want those two lynched is because I try and play with my gut and looking at every angle. I try to put myself in the mafia teams shoes. The way the mafia has played so far leads me to believe that they would want to kill both of those two before anyone else right now because Quinn has be acting super town and DDL has been one of , if not the top poster for sometime. They fit the pattern of who the mafia have been killing and yet they aren't dead. So that makes me think it's because they are the ones doing the killing. There is no sure fire way to find scum but that's the way I'm playing this game.
You think I'd establish a routine of killing high posters even though I'd wind up being the only one left?
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Sloonei wrote:
This makes more sense. Before it appeared that you were just singling Quin out. I do not know what kind of suspicion he has drawn in the thread throughout the game, but in the case of DDL I can assume that he would be left alone by either scum team because he's drawn a fair amount of attention himself.

What makes you go with DDL and Quin over Nutella? Or Scotty, who was near the top in terms of activity before his two days of silence?
I've been on the fence about Scotty at first he fit the pattern that was catching us baddies at the beginning all the joking and silliness but him quieting down makes me think he it town trying to avoid getting lynched for talking to much. Nutella on the other hand hasn't even been on my radar if I'm being honest and that might be because I don't remember anything she has said really. That could be my fault because I might have skimmed over her stuff or she is just saying enough to look civvies enough to keep flying low.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Quin wrote:
You think I'd establish a routine of killing high posters even though I'd wind up being the only one left?

Why not? It's wifom .
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Quin wrote:

Why not? It's wifom .
No, Bass. :disappoint:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

I've been on the fence about Scotty at first he fit the pattern that was catching us baddies at the beginning all the joking and silliness but him quieting down makes me think he it town trying to avoid getting lynched for talking to much. Nutella on the other hand hasn't even been on my radar if I'm being honest and that might be because I don't remember anything she has said really. That could be my fault because I might have skimmed over her stuff or she is just saying enough to look civvies enough to keep flying low.
Scotty claims to have been silenced for two days straight. Does this affect the way you see him at all?
And Nutella has definitely been one of the strongest presences in this game, IMO. There's plenty of content there to go over.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@Quin: I had a question a while ago but was on my phone and didn't feel like formatting the post.
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:People who find Bass suspicious for volunteering to duel: Why? What do you suppose is his baddie motivation?
I've answered this :nicenod:.
Your explanation:
Quin wrote:3) You expressed interest in duelling. My initial reaction to this is that it's a 'Let me prove how town I am by volunteering to be lynched' scum tactic. I see no reason to abandon that train of thought.
To which I repllied:
Sloonei wrote:We've had a number of people express such in interest in this game. I do not know how they have all turned out. MP flipped bad. CapsFan was not. But there have been others, I think.
My point: Volunteering for a duel has not always been a scum tactic in this game. What about the way Bass is doing it makes you think he is doing it for town cred?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do think there is merit to Bass's line of suspicion. It's fair to speculate that a vocal player alive this late in the game might be left alive this long because they're the ones doing the killing. BUT we also have two scum teams, and it's also never a surefire thing that scums will just pick off the most vocal players one-by-one. There is more strategy to the game than that. That said, I understand where he is coming from and, based on the tone of his posts, I feel like it is coming from a genuine place.

That said, I also am still town-reading Quin, based on tone and content of his posts throughout the game. I am not inclined to vote for either of them right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab, how have your thoughts developed on these things?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I feel like they're (I say plural because I'm not singling out Bass with this - I'm suspicious of the act and therefore the person) jumping on the much earlier debate that pitting scum reads up against warriors is a good idea in an attempt to build civ cred. Considering the entirety of a baddie team is filled with warriors I see no reason to give them that.

Now, I don't understand why he's trying to personally face off against me like we're in some kind of wild west movie.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What are your non-Bass thoughts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:What are your non-Bass thoughts?
More people should post.

MacDougall is most definitely not a turban, and not likely to be a nanman.

nutella needs to respond to my earlier question.

I have no other strong thoughts right now.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
More people should post.

I still have not looked at Mac. What can you tell me about him?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Why are the people not posting getting a pass in the lynches ?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
More people should post.

I still have not looked at Mac. What can you tell me about him?
When he accused MP of buddying on Day 1, MP's reaction wasn't something I could feasibly expect to be premeditated in BTSC. It was too emotional. He has a history of pursuing a lot of 'sideliners' - people who are under the radar right now.

He claims to have been silenced on Day 5 which hasn't been contested - this is an observation, not part of my reason to not-scum read him.

Tell me what you think after/if you read into him more.

linki: Who said they were?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Why are the people not posting getting a pass in the lynches ?
Because we have no substantial reason to suspect them. It's natural, and wise, for us to dissect the content that is in the thread, so it's only natural that we focus on the people who are making posts. I agree that it's annoying to have so many inactives in a game. But they're all complete shots in the dark, if we want to pursue them. That might not be a terrible idea. I think we've already done it a few times.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Sloonei wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Why are the people not posting getting a pass in the lynches ?
Because we have no substantial reason to suspect them. It's natural, and wise, for us to dissect the content that is in the thread, so it's only natural that we focus on the people who are making posts. I agree that it's annoying to have so many inactives in a game. But they're all complete shots in the dark, if we want to pursue them. That might not be a terrible idea. I think we've already done it a few times.
The thing about voting to people who are scum reads is one is going to walk away with treasure. If it's an inactive who gets it we don't have to worry as much about it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I had totally forgotten about the treasures until tonight.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

There are fewer treasures than players who started the game, so not everyone will have one, meaning not every lynch will result in a treasure being passed alone. Still, it seems more than half the players would have treasures, so it is something that will be a factor. I probably will not let this affect the way I approach the game. Voting out baddies is still the top priority.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 6]

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote:

Apologies for not highlighting or it or anything, I'm phone posting - but why do you not expect bass to be a yellow turban?
Sorry, didn't see this until you mentioned you had asked me something. I posted that a while ago so I don't remember my exact thought process, but it just didn't make sense to me for bass to be a YT. Maybe because of the killing low posters thing, and maybe because I can't see him being MP's teammate.

Also just saw you say something about wondering if I am DDL and Bass's teammate. What the heck is up with that?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote:I do think there is merit to Bass's line of suspicion. It's fair to speculate that a vocal player alive this late in the game might be left alive this long because they're the ones doing the killing. BUT we also have two scum teams, and it's also never a surefire thing that scums will just pick off the most vocal players one-by-one. There is more strategy to the game than that. That said, I understand where he is coming from and, based on the tone of his posts, I feel like it is coming from a genuine place.

That said, I also am still town-reading Quin, based on tone and content of his posts throughout the game. I am not inclined to vote for either of them right now.
I mostly agree with this post, but I am significantly more suspicious of Bass now than I was earlier today. His responses have been unsatisfying especially in regards to why he singled out Quin and not DDL -- he has now said DDL is his other vote as if it was obvious, now that I have brought it up multiple times, yet he has never directly responded to any of my multiple questions to him.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 6]

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote:
Quin wrote:

Apologies for not highlighting or it or anything, I'm phone posting - but why do you not expect bass to be a yellow turban?
Sorry, didn't see this until you mentioned you had asked me something. I posted that a while ago so I don't remember my exact thought process, but it just didn't make sense to me for bass to be a YT. Maybe because of the killing low posters thing, and maybe because I can't see him being MP's teammate.

Also just saw you say something about wondering if I am DDL and Bass's teammate. What the heck is up with that?
I wondered based on my need to ask you this in the first place. I took the 'I just don't see it' part of your ISO as a soft-defence for him. I think some of your more recent posts toward him are making me doubt myself. Nothing comes to mind right now that would make me think you and Luffy are teammates, though.
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

nutella wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I do think there is merit to Bass's line of suspicion. It's fair to speculate that a vocal player alive this late in the game might be left alive this long because they're the ones doing the killing. BUT we also have two scum teams, and it's also never a surefire thing that scums will just pick off the most vocal players one-by-one. There is more strategy to the game than that. That said, I understand where he is coming from and, based on the tone of his posts, I feel like it is coming from a genuine place.

I mostly agree with this post, but I am significantly more suspicious of Bass now than I was earlier today. His responses have been unsatisfying especially in regards to why he singled out Quin and not DDL -- he has now said DDL is his other vote as if it was obvious, now that I have brought it up multiple times, yet he has never directly responded to any of my multiple questions to him.
Who did I vote for last lynch? The reason I'm not pushing the same thing on DSL IS because I understand why he isn't being killed. If I were bad I would keep him around because he is drawing heat and will probably end up dueling.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

EPI what happens to a treasure if someone is night killed or loses A duel?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Scotty claims to have been silenced for two days straight. Does this affect the way you see him at all?
And Nutella has definitely been one of the strongest presences in this game, IMO. There's plenty of content there to go over.
No, I didn't say that. Days 4 and 6. Mac claims to have been silenced day 5. It just so happens my day 5 was incapacitated IRL.

I don't think volunteering to duel is innately suspicious. Anyone jumping on that as a main suspicion is more suspicious. MP did it, true. But so did timmer and Caps, and look how that turned out.

I think it does point more towards their roles as warriors however...again, regardless of alignment.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I will be T work all day until right up before EoD but my potential vote is for nutella and INH. I'll wait to vote until I get out of work

And someone said I was quieter because I was scared of being killed- nah, when have I let that stop me? I'm just a gabber, and gabbers gonna gab :ike:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:
Elohcin wrote:@Golden....I am not sure about this time with so many players, but I don't think Epi ever randomizes his roles like many hosts do. I think that is part of the fun as being a host.
I'm certain he never fully randomises, but does that mean he would never make Simon bad or Simon would never want to be bad? Do you think it very likely that Simon would roll town in an Epi game?
I can see if it were a theme that Simon was interested in, he would want to pick his role and it may be a bad role. But I don't see that happening here.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Scotty, have you stated why you're considering voting for me? I'm curious.

Starting today my activity is probably going to drop a bit until Tuesday (I'm going to San Francisco for a big linguistic/speech-processing-studies conference where I'll be presenting a research paper from my internship :scared: and I think I'll be pretty occupied for most of the time). Due to my flight this afternoon I'll have to vote a couple hours before the deadline; at this point it seems likely to go to DDL and quite possibly Bass.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Argh, sorry to Caps. That should've gone better. Meanwhile, I'm in the middle of hell week for the musical I'm playing in (woo, Hair!), so my abilities to process are limited at best. Continuing to vote DDL until we can actually lynch him... I think a Bass lynch would be illuminating, but I'm not confident that he'll actually flip bad. So voting leetic to trim some of this dead weight.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:EPI what happens to a treasure if someone is night killed or loses A duel?
This.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I don't want to duel DSL. The treasure stuff scares me.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Well someone has to take him out and I guess that someone will be me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote:

Why did no one tell me how sloppy my writing was last night? Rereading this post just now was painful.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I want to fill the thread with questions and discussion, but I need new people to show up before I can start doing that. Gimme Mac or INH or LoRab. Or any of the inactives.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

At airport. voting DDL and Bass.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

I'm townreading bass too. I won't be voting that way.

Scotty said he would get back to responding to my points, but he never did.

Elo's points about simon have led me to drop my simon suspicion.

I'm voting for scotty and DDL.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Golden wrote:I'm townreading bass too. I won't be voting that way.

Scotty said he would get back to responding to my points, but he never did.

Elo's points about simon have led me to drop my simon suspicion.

I'm voting for scotty and DDL.
No vote me against DDL.

Return to “Previous Jobs”