Total votes: 0
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by insertnamehere »

Ricochet wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
A baddie Rico going after Mac seems way more likely to me. Manufacturing outrage over a previous game, while starting a bus against a civ in a way that'd be hard to backfire. Purely emotional plays are hard for civilians to dispute, even when they lynch a civ.
I didn't express any "outrage" at first. I expressed a policy lynch. Of course, I had to explain context, when inquired afterwards. :shrug:
And how can this so-called "outrage" be manufactured, if it's certified to stem from a past game?

Further down your phrase:
a) how would this lynch be against a civ? Do you know Mac to be a civ? Do you think that, at any point, I said lynch Mac no matter what he is?
b) how can one "bus" a civilian?
c) how would this be "hard" to backfire? Isn't it already backfiring?
Maybe my definition of a "policy lynch" is different than yours, but just voting Mac because "Fuck Mac" is less of a policy and more cattiness.

a) Mac has done absolutely nothing to form any impression one way or the other in my mind. To me, a Mac vote would be as productive as a BWT vote. Just throwing a dart and hoping it lands. Seeing as you started your case against Mac before you could even possibly get an actual legitimate read on him, I took that to mean that you wanted to lynch Mac just on the 4/19 chance that he's a baddie which automatically means that he'll NK you, because you know Mac well enough to predict his exact baddie game in every single instance. Apparently.
b) Maybe "bus" was the wrong term; sometimes all the insider lingo and jargon of mafia gets a bit screwy in my head. I meant starting a lynch train/wagon/party/turducken against a person you know is a civilian, but doing so in a way where it won't backfire against you once his alignment is revealed.
c) By backfire, I mean that in the scenario in which Rico = Bad, and Mac = Civ, after Rico lynches Mac, Rico can point to his personal motive for targeting him and shift the blame on other more ostensibly opportunistic parties. Making completely "personal" game moves is a good smokescreen and a nice way to avoid culpability.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:You might also recall I tried a different day 1 strategy last time in Red v Blue that had me voting off of tone day 1 and I was ultimately bad.

I'm fine with sticking to the script if non/low-posters even if you don't agree with it
I do recall. I'm not willing to give you that meta though.

"Scotty votes for lurkers as a townie. Scotty votes for other people as a baddie."

If I grant that, then you have the easiest job as a baddie in the history of planet Earth.
I see you are gone now so I might as well be putting the Chinese finger trap on my other finger here and stress that it would be a stupid idea on my part to behave the same way as my last baddie game in which I was lynched day 1 if I were a baddie.

:shrug2:

That's my best defense on that matter. The show starts in 4 minutes so I'll be out until right before deadline.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:Elohcin-Ricochet-Dom-???

I'm operating on that theory right now.
But why....
MacDougall wrote:I already said Sloonei was bad.
To use your phrase... go on.
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I already said Sloonei was bad.
Why
He pinged me. I called him bad. He ignored it.
Go on....

This will be a few posts to create coherent posts.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:Sorry folks, I forgot this game had started! :D
Glorf, I hope your mum feels better soon. :)
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, Glorfindel. Wishing the best!

I'll hop on the MacDougall policy lynch. Why not? :slick:
Let's start with "why". What's the policy behind your vote to lynch Mac?
Shits and giggles. :nicenod:
You are bad.
Reason?
You have no logical or rational inner gameplay personality here. You are doing what you believe will get people to stop suspecting you, not what you think will catch baddies.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Eh? I don't think we're seeing eye to eye here. I was merely expressing agreement that it seemed like you were trying to generate content.

Yes, that's the hypothesis. Based on the implication that all I'd need to do to hunt Mac is just that, given a good history of "reading him well". But that implication is false.

So how can you merely express agreement at something not backed up by its logic?
Rico, this isn't some kind of in-depth investigation. You were correct about Mac in the most recent game you two played together. You seemed to be, to me anyway, inevitably fixating on him to an unhealthy degree. It appeared very possible to me that you were generating content for the sake of it. I now believe that explanation to be less likely given your hyperfocus on this.

This is mafia. I appreciate hard evidence, but I don't need to go back and visit other games to see whether the premise is true or not. I just made a gut assessment on what I thought was happening in the moment.
....who tf is this guy????

I doubt that you are sincerely formulating an opinion based around someone's ability to read someone with a data set of 1 game. This is not logical, rational MP talking.
You're right, it isn't logical, rational MP. I killed him.
Joke MP. Zero logic. Not taking allegations seriously.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:going for self preservation here...
We have 24 hours (or had as of the time of your post) in this game. Why self-preservation so early?
Logical MP. Out to take an easy target out.

No coherent personality, doing whatever is most expedient in the moment.
MovingPictures07 wrote:a2thezebra
Dom
MacDougall
LoRab
Neil Hartley
Ricochet
Sloonei
S~V~S

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

Elohcin
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
motel room
Scotty
sprityo
Straight out of his Romance Playbook-- buddying up to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Catching up now, but I have to teach shortly so it probably won't be complete until later.

Scotty wrote:What dingbat planned a show with a 6:30p curtain? I have 5 min before we start, but I appreciate Rico': approach.

I also get a tonal read of Mp as a "non-offensive poser with a capital P.
SVS, while I appreciate her soft defending of me, comes off as too nice right now.

I'd still be down to vote someone like bwt though... :grin: unless he posts more

and I'm sorry to hear that Glorf!! :hug:
Poser? What is this, 1990s mafia? :p

I don't understand your statements regarding me and S~V~S. Does that mean you suspect us? Why?
Yea dude. Totally.

I think you are buttering up the biscuit that is this thread. Your "content" is missing...some amount of substance and grit, I feel.
I suppose that's fair.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:You're right, it isn't logical, rational MP. I killed him.
Why don't you just tell Neil why you've done that. Let me understand. It sounds heart-wrenching, like something my writers would give me when I ask for something melancholy.
I'm trying not to overanalyze myself into oblivion and get worked up, that's all.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Elohcin-Ricochet-Dom-???

I'm operating on that theory right now.
How does MP look?
Forced. But that isn't enough for me. He always looks forced to me.
Really? What do you mean exactly?
You always look like you are trying too hard (posting eighteen times in a row fuels that perception).
It's called generating content. :noble:

And I like posting. :p
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

I severely overestimated the time I would have for this.
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:I severely overestimated the time I would have for this.
Well, it has been a relatively talkative game. Where are you at in the thread?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote:Having said that, I'm moving my vote back to Elohcin for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I'm off to work now, so I won't be posting much at all, but i'll try to glance at my phone when I can to stay loosely caught up. Don't be surprised if I cast a sudden and silent vote near the end of the day. I do that sometimes at work and people always freak out about it.
You said if it was true that I thought it was a 24 hour Day 1 that you wouldn't look at me as bad. Then you say you're moving your vote back to me. What gives?
S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:birdwithteeth has not posted in this game yet. That is the entirety of the case against him. Scotty always votes a no-show or low poster on Day 1. Elohcin voted purely out of self-preservation.
But MacDougall had more votes than BWT when Eloh voted, yes?

I only skimmed this AM, I will read back to when I told Rico I was going to step back when I get home in about 1.5 hours.
No, they both had two votes. And I thought it was like 3 minutes til EoD!
LoRab wrote:Epi expressed suspicion of Elo earlier, which interests me because they read each other well. Would love for him to elaborate on his thoughts.
I seriously thought his actions were a joke or trying to get a rise out of me or something. I think my reaction was what would determine his thoughts of me. Too bad I had to react after midnight after several drinks (when I don't drink often at all). It probably is what started me off on the wrong track for this game.

Now, as for my vote today (Day 1 :ike: ) I can see where scotty can be bad. I am moving my vote there. I don't want to vote BWT if I don't have to. Hate to lose a possible civ position even if it's a quiet one.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
No, I don't. That's not the point of a policy lynch. That's not the point of my policy lynch. That's not the point of self-preservation.

I don't know what to say about your bussing theory. It's certainly the third perspective that can be developed. It's the third perspective that can be developed about any hissing between players. The questions here would be: Do you think I'd do something as aggressive as this on Day One (or even Zero, if you will)? Do you think I'd gain something / expect to attain a goal by doing something as aggressive as this? Do you think I'd choose a policy lynch to craft a bus? Bussing usually require more skill, time and finesse than any of this, I'd argue.

Besides, my distress is virtually townesque. I don't know what Mac is. I don't know if he's mafia. I fear he could be. And I'd like to prevent the chance of him being mafia and getting to pull again his own declared policy of nightkilling me.
GTH reaction: What do people think of this bolded/underlined set of statements?
As someone who everyone always thinks is Mafia when I am not, I hate it. Plus "virtually" townesque? Doesn't virtually mean "almost"?
This is an excellent point. It also reminds me of my behavior in past games when I'm bad where I appear hyperfocused on how my behavior seems and making assertions regarding it (calling it town-esque or my behavior 'obviously town' over and over). I think that displays a mafia perspective more than a town one. I'd say this is a bad look for Rico.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If MacDougall can't kill you, then he can't kill you. And if he can kill you, all he has to do is...refrain from doing so. If you were good, you've opened yourself up to being killed to set up MacDougall.

Not helpful.
This.

Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

It seems like such a categorically poor move for Rico that it essentially leaves me with two options. A. He has some sort of secret info or an ulterior motive for voting Mac Day 1. B. He knows for sure that the target on his back won't hurt him because he's scum.
Uhhh

Free lunch!
This was from yesterday, on my phone on the train. Epi had the most concise cut-down of the rico\mac bickering and this bloke appeared to piggyback off it, but with an odd confident "two option" stance which I was not a fan of.
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Procrastination is like 10x worse in mafia here as opposed to elsewhere. Especially in these bigger games because we can have upwards of 5+ pages per 24 hours to read and maybe analyze. (You guys are really active as a community in general)
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Actually now that I think of it, this incident is rather similar to what happened in Red vs. Blue -- Scotty made a misstep on Day 1 by providing an inconsistent read relative to Epignosis (either his own votes or someone's votes for him, I can't recall exactly), and Epignosis (his partner) helped lynch him for it. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bus job, but rather that there's a recent precedent for a baddie Scotty to do something like this.
Expanding on this parallel:

The following post is from Red vs. Blue, not Mad Max:
Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:Epi? He's Epi. I don't see anything out of the ordinary with Epi. Yet. Why does he have 2 votes?

MM- wow this guy I actually read...as good this game. I don't know what it is honestly. He's not as zany, he's more direct in his accusations. It's just atypical Mm day 1 behavior, and I'm liking it I think. Not that I don't like silly Mm behavior, but that I also like this guy as well. Enough so that I'm not gonn vote him today.
You don't know why I have two votes. MM is one of those votes, and you say he was direct in his accusations. Can you explain why MM voted for me?
Scotty goofed in that game by putting two reads together that weren't very compatible (he liked Metalmarsh, but not the votes on Epignosis, one of which was Metalmarsh). In this game he seems to have done something similar: he doesn't like Elohcin or Rico as much, but thinks Epignosis is steering the thread the wrong direction for suspecting the same two people. Incompatible.
Thanks for bringing this perspective into light. I'm still mulling over the Scotty-related content here; I'm having trouble differentiating between his transparency which seems genuine and his lack of explaining his train of thought regarding his Epi observations which is a bad look.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:sup
S~V~S wrote:Not even a ping?
Dunno. From my experience, mafia can punch a free lunch ticket on cray Rico; not all of them, but some could. Of my current voters, I feel better about the logic brought by INH in his questioning than with zebra's. Of the other players I'm tied (or nearly tied) with right now, not named MacDougall, I've been swamped with classes today and another online activity to follow up properly. BWT is having half a policy lynch of his own, right? Not going to flip a coin on what the inactive might prove, tbh. What's the summary on Elohcin and Scotty?
You know what? You sound just like bad me here. Identical. Had to look out the window to make sure I am not in Nauru.
What specifically about this post mirrors what you perceive of your own mafia behavior?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

I put a vote down for insertname cos is there 2 mins to go?

Otherwise this scotty thing looks interesting
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
I seriously thought his actions were a joke or trying to get a rise out of me or something. I think my reaction was what would determine his thoughts of me. Too bad I had to react after midnight after several drinks (when I don't drink often at all). It probably is what started me off on the wrong track for this game.

Now, as for my vote today (Day 1 :ike: ) I can see where scotty can be bad. I am moving my vote there. I don't want to vote BWT if I don't have to. Hate to lose a possible civ position even if it's a quiet one.
You can see it? What about the Scotty case is convincing to you?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:I put a vote down for insertname cos is there 2 mins to go?

I'm showing another hour.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If MacDougall can't kill you, then he can't kill you. And if he can kill you, all he has to do is...refrain from doing so. If you were good, you've opened yourself up to being killed to set up MacDougall.

Not helpful.
This.

Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

It seems like such a categorically poor move for Rico that it essentially leaves me with two options. A. He has some sort of secret info or an ulterior motive for voting Mac Day 1. B. He knows for sure that the target on his back won't hurt him because he's scum.
Uhhh

Free lunch!
This was from yesterday, on my phone on the train. Epi had the most concise cut-down of the rico\mac bickering and this bloke appeared to piggyback off it, but with an odd confident "two option" stance which I was not a fan of.
I'm curious what you think of INH given his subsequent discussion on this topic.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sprityo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Procrastination is like 10x worse in mafia here as opposed to elsewhere. Especially in these bigger games because we can have upwards of 5+ pages per 24 hours to read and maybe analyze. (You guys are really active as a community in general)
Threads can bury you if you get behind, that's for sure; it's happened to me too many times. Are you current or behind?

And games here can be active, depending on one's barometer of activity. It does depend on the game and player composition though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think lynching BWT because he has no posts is a bad move. Lynching people on Day 1 purely for not being here is already generally a bad move, but it's especially bad with BWT in particular. He isn't always the most active player, but he still usually finds a way to get involved eventually. He isn't the guy that spends the entire game at 0-4 posts. Let him figure out there's a game being played. This thread hasn't gotten that big, so catching up shouldn't be that hard.
I agree. I also know he's been working a lot lately.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
motel room wrote:I put a vote down for insertname cos is there 2 mins to go?

I'm showing another hour.
ahh daylight savings. Cool.
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Scotty's responses to this recent criticism leaves me torn. On one hand, what he actually said remains unjustified: he specifically elected to cast some amount of suspicion on Epi for his proposed Elohcin/Rico/Dom/??? baddie team. Scotty himself also viewed two of the three named players with some amount of suspicion, so it's hard to understand why he'd feel that way about Epignosis.

On the other hand, he is being rather transparent at least about how it makes no sense, and he just crammed his own make-shift logic into the thread to justify a gut read. Townies are capable of that, irrational as it is.

Actually now that I think of it, this incident is rather similar to what happened in Red vs. Blue -- Scotty made a misstep on Day 1 by providing an inconsistent read relative to Epignosis (either his own votes or someone's votes for him, I can't recall exactly), and Epignosis (his partner) helped lynch him for it. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bus job, but rather that there's a recent precedent for a baddie Scotty to do something like this.

I'd say he's still more suspicious than not.
WIFOM ALERT

I change up my baddie games. At least enough that I wouldn't make that same mistake again in back to back appearances. I think it would be a bad idea to spar with either a) my partner baddie Epi or b) a civ Epi and I as mafia on day 1. I dunno what Epi is, but at this point I have nothing to lose in calling him out when I feel, cause I be civ this game.

I would also expect that maybe a baddie Epi would steer clear from the day 1 bussing if we were both bad. I'm still not deadest that Epi is bad either, so I'd like to move on from him for now.

He isn't getting lynched today, and I'm not currently planning to vote for him [today]
One could say however that your statement regarding Epi, in conjunction with statements on other players, did not necessarily fit the scenarios you present.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote:As much as I don't wanna die I'd even be willing to vote myself if it at least results in a not-tie. That way maybe we can learn Something from my death
GTH reactions to this sentiment?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:I would also expect that maybe a baddie Epi would steer clear from the day 1 bussing if we were both bad. I'm still not deadest that Epi is bad either, so I'd like to move on from him for now.
These sentences confuse me. Could you restate? I'm not sure why you're even thinking about the potential for Epignosis bussing you -- that requires you to be bad to even reach the first stage of thought.
I'm putting it through the magical Neil perspective.

I dunno man. I kinda just talk off the cuff and sometimes I don't really defend myself with my thoughts. I've been nothing but honest this game.
Maybe I'm a sucker, but this reads genuine to me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:I would also expect that maybe a baddie Epi would steer clear from the day 1 bussing if we were both bad. I'm still not deadest that Epi is bad either, so I'd like to move on from him for now.
These sentences confuse me. Could you restate? I'm not sure why you're even thinking about the potential for Epignosis bussing you -- that requires you to be bad to even reach the first stage of thought.
I'm putting it through the magical Neil perspective.

I dunno man. I kinda just talk off the cuff and sometimes I don't really defend myself with my thoughts. I've been nothing but honest this game.
Regarding your other question -- no I'm not interested in lynching sanmateo either. It'd be ideal if he were here obviously, but I'd prefer to give him more time. He hasn't played here in a while, and nothing would encourage a person to stop coming here than to lynch them before they make a post.

In Red vs. Blue you snuggled up to me and made me look like a doofus at the end of Day 1. I am cold to your warmth! I do not feel your emotion! Neil Hartley is less easily moved than his agent!

Explain yourself in a meaningful way. Not just "I don't know what I'm talking about."
Neil, you don't seem particularly open-minded here. You demand explanations from Scotty when it is evident that he's been transparent in his thinking (per your words), despite what you imply here. What's the deal? I have to admit I'm a bit confused.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@ JimmyNeil~ I know you read Sloonei well. What is your opinion of him so far this game?
It took a little longer than usual, but now Sloonei is showing the unbridled enthusiasm for a Neil Hartley night that I've always known I can count on. He's engaged, he's having a good time, and he's keeping the other members of the audience attentive to the main event. I should hire him to my crew.
I know this is not at me but I also like Sloonei he seems hungry.
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:Sorry folks, I forgot this game had started! :D
Glorf, I hope your mum feels better soon. :)
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, Glorfindel. Wishing the best!

I'll hop on the MacDougall policy lynch. Why not? :slick:
Let's start with "why". What's the policy behind your vote to lynch Mac?
Shits and giggles. :nicenod:
You are bad.
Reason?
You have no logical or rational inner gameplay personality here. You are doing what you believe will get people to stop suspecting you, not what you think will catch baddies.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Eh? I don't think we're seeing eye to eye here. I was merely expressing agreement that it seemed like you were trying to generate content.

Yes, that's the hypothesis. Based on the implication that all I'd need to do to hunt Mac is just that, given a good history of "reading him well". But that implication is false.

So how can you merely express agreement at something not backed up by its logic?
Rico, this isn't some kind of in-depth investigation. You were correct about Mac in the most recent game you two played together. You seemed to be, to me anyway, inevitably fixating on him to an unhealthy degree. It appeared very possible to me that you were generating content for the sake of it. I now believe that explanation to be less likely given your hyperfocus on this.

This is mafia. I appreciate hard evidence, but I don't need to go back and visit other games to see whether the premise is true or not. I just made a gut assessment on what I thought was happening in the moment.
....who tf is this guy????

I doubt that you are sincerely formulating an opinion based around someone's ability to read someone with a data set of 1 game. This is not logical, rational MP talking.
You're right, it isn't logical, rational MP. I killed him.
Joke MP. Zero logic. Not taking allegations seriously.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:going for self preservation here...
We have 24 hours (or had as of the time of your post) in this game. Why self-preservation so early?
Logical MP. Out to take an easy target out.

No coherent personality, doing whatever is most expedient in the moment.
MovingPictures07 wrote:a2thezebra
Dom
MacDougall
LoRab
Neil Hartley
Ricochet
Sloonei
S~V~S

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

Elohcin
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
motel room
Scotty
sprityo
Straight out of his Romance Playbook-- buddying up to me.
I don't understand. First and second you say I'm not logical, and imply that makes me bad, then in the third post you say I'm logical, and in the fourth you say I'm buddying. But I've found you bad when I'm bad more often than buddied you. You're using one recent example of something just like I did earlier, which you criticized me for. Help me understand.

I'm not taking things hyper-seriously because I don't want to get my blood pressure up over a game like I nearly always do. I have other things to get my blood pressure up about. I don't need this too. I think I'm taking the accusations lodged at me with the appropriate amount of seriousness in my responses. I feel like you are writing your own narrative for my posts rather than trying to understand me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@ JimmyNeil~ I know you read Sloonei well. What is your opinion of him so far this game?
It took a little longer than usual, but now Sloonei is showing the unbridled enthusiasm for a Neil Hartley night that I've always known I can count on. He's engaged, he's having a good time, and he's keeping the other members of the audience attentive to the main event. I should hire him to my crew.
I know this is not at me but I also like Sloonei he seems hungry.
I echo this, FWIW; I'm also town-reading Sloonei per my past rainbow and my about-to-be updated rainbow.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm digging what you're throwing down, motel room.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Rainbow #2

a2thezebra
Dom
MacDougall
motel room
Sloonei
S~V~S

LoRab
Neil Hartley

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

Ricochet
Scotty

Elohcin
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
sprityo
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Not helpful.
This.

Uhhh

Free lunch!
Care to elaborate on why you aren't a fan?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm digging what you're throwing down, motel room.
Im really not throwing down shit but ok
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Rainbow #2

a2thezebra
Dom
MacDougall
motel room
Sloonei
S~V~S

LoRab
Neil Hartley

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

Ricochet
Scotty

Elohcin
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
sprityo
I created "slight" town and "slight" mafia reads and expanded my rainbow to five categories (moderate town, slight town, neutral, slight mafia, moderate mafia), given the increase in content by which to assess this stuff.

To preemptively elaborate on a few of these:

- I moved LoRab down to slight town from moderate town just because I want to see more from her.

- I moved Neil Hartley down to slight town from moderate town because his recent in-thread behavior concerns me just a bit. I feel like #TOWNJaggedJimmyJay would have displayed more effort to understand where Scotty was coming from (although he did display some of this) and less judging where Scotty was coming from. It was almost as if, once he pulled the Red vs. Blue example, JJJ didn't give Scotty's subsequent responses enough transparent consideration for my liking. Just a minor concern that I'd like to see him address.

- I moved Ricochet down to slight mafia from moderate town because I am becoming increasingly bothered by his lack of baddie hunting and non-Mac focus and, after noting an excellent observation by S~V~S, I find his fixation on the fact that his behavior is "virtually townesque" as a bad look.

- I moved Scotty up from moderate mafia to slight mafia because, although he hasn't been able to really dig himself out of his hole due to not being able to adequately explain what he meant with his prior logic re: Epi, because I just cannot help but find some of his recent statements especially genuine.

- The five remaining names in my moderate mafia list are not particularly crazy suspicious, but I am not inspired to believe any of them are town at this time based on what they have posted.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:
You expressed your overestimation of available time; instead of letting that, and the fact that you are significantly behind in the thread, overwhelm you, you immediately dug into thread content and started providing reads on players and posts, even if few in number and not particularly substantial. I think it looks like you organically are baddie hunting (and mirrors your town game from what I've seen) and it is inspiring enough for me to move you up to a town read. Your behavior over the past half an hour or so is the perfect example, IMO anyway, of how someone a town player can jump into a thread even though he or she is behind and yet still inspire even with little quantity but some solid starting quality.

For those who watched or played MM's Trees game, your thread entry tonight reminds me of Quin 2.0's entry after he subbed in.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm not sure I want to lynch Scotty, but simultaneously I don't see any of my orange options that have enough votes and I don't feel confident in any of those players to really push for a hail mary CPD deal. And I don't want to vote MacDougall. I want to vote Rico about the same amount I want to vote Scotty. And I don't want a tie.

I don't think this is ideal. The "tie = no lynch" rule potentially leads to this kind of situation, for better or worse.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Not helpful.
This.

Uhhh

Free lunch!
Just like, the vibe. Mabo.
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Moving my vote to Elohcin.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Actually now that I think of it, this incident is rather similar to what happened in Red vs. Blue -- Scotty made a misstep on Day 1 by providing an inconsistent read relative to Epignosis (either his own votes or someone's votes for him, I can't recall exactly), and Epignosis (his partner) helped lynch him for it. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bus job, but rather that there's a recent precedent for a baddie Scotty to do something like this.
Expanding on this parallel:

The following post is from Red vs. Blue, not Mad Max:
Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:Epi? He's Epi. I don't see anything out of the ordinary with Epi. Yet. Why does he have 2 votes?

MM- wow this guy I actually read...as good this game. I don't know what it is honestly. He's not as zany, he's more direct in his accusations. It's just atypical Mm day 1 behavior, and I'm liking it I think. Not that I don't like silly Mm behavior, but that I also like this guy as well. Enough so that I'm not gonn vote him today.
You don't know why I have two votes. MM is one of those votes, and you say he was direct in his accusations. Can you explain why MM voted for me?
Scotty goofed in that game by putting two reads together that weren't very compatible (he liked Metalmarsh, but not the votes on Epignosis, one of which was Metalmarsh). In this game he seems to have done something similar: he doesn't like Elohcin or Rico as much, but thinks Epignosis is steering the thread the wrong direction for suspecting the same two people. Incompatible.
This is so early for Facts.
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote:As much as I don't wanna die I'd even be willing to vote myself if it at least results in a not-tie. That way maybe we can learn Something from my death
GTH reactions to this sentiment?
Does anyone think a Mafia Scotty would say this so close to EoD?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Moving my vote to Elohcin.
What was your beef with spirityo before? Or placeholder?
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Moving my vote to Elohcin.
What was your beef with spirityo before? Or placeholder?
No specific beef, just prodding him for more thoughts. I'm still not inspired to call him town, but I don't have any glaring reason to call for his lynch either.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
motel room wrote:
You expressed your overestimation of available time; instead of letting that, and the fact that you are significantly behind in the thread, overwhelm you, you immediately dug into thread content and started providing reads on players and posts, even if few in number and not particularly substantial. I think it looks like you organically are baddie hunting (and mirrors your town game from what I've seen) and it is inspiring enough for me to move you up to a town read. Your behavior over the past half an hour or so is the perfect example, IMO anyway, of how someone a town player can jump into a thread even though he or she is behind and yet still inspire even with little quantity but some solid starting quality.

For those who watched or played MM's Trees game, your thread entry tonight reminds me of Quin 2.0's entry after he subbed in.
I.. ok
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
motel room wrote:

I.. ok
Your continued lofty ascent, however, is pending more content. ;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, this is a rather boring EoD.

Scotty, you have further thoughts? Legacy rainbow? Anything?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MP, you've yet to set a coherent voice this game. You are doing whatever is convenient in the moment. You are buddying to me. I am suspciious of this.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Not helpful.
This.

Uhhh

Free lunch!
Just like, the vibe. Mabo.
Welp. :sigh:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Oh yeah, I like Dom too.
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:MP, you've yet to set a coherent voice this game. You are doing whatever is convenient in the moment. You are buddying to me. I am suspciious of this.
I really don't understand what you're talking about. Please help me. I'm not doing what is convenient. I'm trying to solve the game, but I'm also trying not to get worked up. That's it.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:MP, you've yet to set a coherent voice this game. You are doing whatever is convenient in the moment. You are buddying to me. I am suspciious of this.
I really don't understand what you're talking about. Please help me. I'm not doing what is convenient. I'm trying to solve the game, but I'm also trying not to get worked up. That's it.
So...if anybody suspects you, you're going to get worked up?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Side Missions”