Endgame (dead/host/non/mod)
No votes

Total votes: 0
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:Voting Ricochet. If anyone's here, ask me questions and I'll ask you questions back. Let's generate some content. Deal?
Where do you read me zeebs?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 247

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Voting Ricochet. If anyone's here, ask me questions and I'll ask you questions back. Let's generate some content. Deal?
Null, but GTH good because with what content you have, you haven't given me a reason to think otherwise. Where do you read me?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Null, but GTH good because with what content you have, you haven't given me a reason to think otherwise. Where do you read me?
GTH good.

I have barely read the thread though. What do you think of Mac Declining my invite to team up?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
GTH good.

I have barely read the thread though. What do you think of Mac Declining my invite to team up?
I think it's a good look for him and it contributes to him being one of my strongest civ reads.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

What is your strongest read at the moment, considering that you haven't fully caught up?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:What is your strongest read at the moment, considering that you haven't fully caught up?
Baddie Rico with potential as Mac temmie.

I don't think Rico is the type to lose sight of what would gain him advantage in the game for a policy lynch.

What do you think was the most interesting exchange so far?
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Do you usually take an "innocent until proven guilty" approach to players?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:What is your strongest read at the moment, considering that you haven't fully caught up?

I don't think Rico is the type to lose sight of what would gain him advantage in the game for a policy lynch.

Interesting might not be the most optimal word but this exchange between MP and Rico is pretty damning of the latter IMO:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:As an expert in the subject of Macdougall. Ricochet reads me well anyway so why he needs to lynch me before he can read me I do not know. I fancy he is just making content.
At this point I'd agree with that assessment.
At this point you are clearly just throwing out sentences. There is no solid history evidence to back up that assessment.

linki: except I wasn't an arbitrary target. You've profiled me quite specifically. And it was that very specificity, not the kill itself nor anything else, that "hurt my feelings", if anything.

It is exactly this that lead me to the current policy lynch. Not my fault you've accidentally locked yourself into it.
Explain this please. I'm entitled to my perspective.
Well you should also back it up, since it's based on something the player has implied to be accurate from past games.
Eh? I don't think we're seeing eye to eye here. I was merely expressing agreement that it seemed like you were trying to generate content.

Yes, that's the hypothesis. Based on the implication that all I'd need to do to hunt Mac is just that, given a good history of "reading him well". But that implication is false.

So how can you merely express agreement at something not backed up by its logic?
Notice how the quotebox begins with Mac and MP agreeing that Rico is just generating content, with the implication being that they perceive him as a wild card town. That isn't good enough for Rico, so he challenges MP. You can see here that he is in fact not focused on generating content at all but rather generating distractions from genuine scum-hunting efforts, and hogging all the attention by making the thread about his personal beef with Mac that he talks as if it were shared universally by everyone else.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote:

I want to get behind the idea of Rico as a baddie, but I just fail to see the baddie motivation behind his Day 1 play. Why did scum Rico do all that stuff?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy, do you have any other gut and/or vibe-based reads you would like to share?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Sloonei wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
With players with as few posts as DrWilgy currently does, yes. On the other hand, with players generating nothing but unproductive WIFOM, I tend to take the opposite approach, guilty until proven innocent. Which brings me to your question for Wilgy which I can answer:
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

I want to get behind the idea of Rico as a baddie, but I just fail to see the baddie motivation behind his Day 1 play. Why did scum Rico do all that stuff?
To prevent town from focusing on finding baddies. To excuse irrational behavior and lack of reads/content. To flood the thread with nonsense so the less active players will be overwhelmed and won't be able to contribute. There are tons of reasons for the kind of behavior Rico exhibited on Day 1 and continues to exhibit still.

What are some of your current reads, Sloonei?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote:Curious to see what Zebra and INH have to say now that Epi was killed by mafia. And highly unlikely, in a speed game, that mafia would kill one of their own night 1. So....wanting responses there.
I am still curious what you have to say about all of the proceedings from Day 1. What's your take on things? You asked a few questions during the latter half of the day, but never gave any indication as to where you were leaning, then missed the vote. What were your thoughts as Day 1 was unfolding?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:DrWilgy, do you have any other gut and/or vibe-based reads you would like to share?
The only other player that I have thought about is Sprityo, whom I gut read as bad.

I like your analysis of Rico. I'd like an answer from Rico as to why he thought to interject here. Not sure if this has been explained yet or not, but I'm not willing to go back and check.

Zebra, how would you respond to me voting Rico right now?

Sloonei, mind telling me the exchange that interested you most?
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:DrWilgy, do you have any other gut and/or vibe-based reads you would like to share?
The only other player that I have thought about is Sprityo, whom I gut read as bad.

I like your analysis of Rico. I'd like an answer from Rico as to why he thought to interject here. Not sure if this has been explained yet or not, but I'm not willing to go back and check.

I would support it and encourage others to do the same until a better suspect comes up, assuming that happens before the day phase ends.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Also, Rico's interjection with MP is consistent with the attitude he's applied throughout the game's entirety so far.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

I would support it and encourage others to do the same until a better suspect comes up, assuming that happens before the day phase ends.
I suppose that means votes are changeable?

Zebra what are your thoughts on Elochin and JJJ?
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

a2thezebra wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
With players with as few posts as DrWilgy currently does, yes. On the other hand, with players generating nothing but unproductive WIFOM, I tend to take the opposite approach, guilty until proven innocent. Which brings me to your question for Wilgy which I can answer:
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

To prevent town from focusing on finding baddies. To excuse irrational behavior and lack of reads/content. To flood the thread with nonsense so the less active players will be overwhelmed and won't be able to contribute. There are tons of reasons for the kind of behavior Rico exhibited on Day 1 and continues to exhibit still.

But wouldn't the target he's painting on his back right now greatly outweigh the supposed "distraction" from scum hunting? You said yourself about his exchange with MP that he seemed to be pulling the attention from a serious conversation and placing it on himself. If he is scum, that is the opposite of distracting attention away from scum. He is telling people to talk about him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote:

Elohcin's response to Neil Hartley early in the game is something I've been getting hung up on. Something about it strikes me as a feigned effort to appear confused for the sake of casting speculation. I am wary of people who latch onto roleplay as a basis for suspicion early on. LoRab did the same thing, if I remember correctly. I suppose those are the two that I'm thinking about most at the moment, but it's been a slow start for me and I'm still not out of the preliminary reads stage of the process.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

I suppose that means votes are changeable?

Zebra what are your thoughts on Elochin and JJJ?
Haha yes, votes are changeable.

I think Elohcin is good, and for most of the same reasons why others expressed suspicion of her. She cast a self-preservation vote 24 hours before the day's deadline thinking the day was a day shorter, and just in general she's seemed kind of lost and unsure of what to do. Which to me is her civ game. (no offense Eloh, all approaches to Mafia are equal)

I also think JJJ is good. He's asked a lot of questions and none of them have come across as opportunistic or disingenuous to me. I think he's contributed more than anyone else so far, and nearly all of it in-character as Neil Hartley.

What are your thoughts on MP and Sloonei?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

GTH MP good, Sloonei bad. Keep in mimd the only MP post I read was the one in the exchange you examined.

Thank you both for the exchanges tonight. Going to sleep now. Stay beautiful you two.
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Sloonei wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

But wouldn't the target he's painting on his back right now greatly outweigh the supposed "distraction" from scum hunting? You said yourself about his exchange with MP that he seemed to be pulling the attention from a serious conversation and placing it on himself. If he is scum, that is the opposite of distracting attention away from scum. He is telling people to talk about him.
Seizing all the attention isn't the same thing as putting a target on your back. Rico didn't get lynched Day 1, did he? It's absurd to suggest that he's doing the opposite of distracting attention away from scum if he himself is scum because it's the scumhunting that he's distracting everyone from. That way he himself can stay in the spotlight and no one will lynch him because too often WIFOM is a bored or adventurous civ, making it an easy and relatively safe disguise.

But let's say you're right and he would be painting the target on his back by hogging the attention. Perhaps he's taking one for the team. If he's one of the less significant baddies it would be a fine strategy for him to take all the focus away from town until there's nothing left but confusion.

linki - G'nite mate!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote:GTH MP good, Sloonei bad. Keep in mimd the only MP post I read was the one in the exchange you examined.

Thank you both for the exchanges tonight. Going to sleep now. Stay beautiful you two.
I'll have to ask why I'm bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Sloonei, what are some of your current reads besides Eloh and LoRab?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I can't remember ever seeing a baddie Ricochet in his own skin. Something tells me that WIFOM salad wouldn't be his most likely approach to tricking a roster full of high effort players (in his first baddie game in a long while as far as I know), most of whom are likely town. He'd be more likely to wear his Long Winded Analyst hat and try to appear as one of the team.

If this is what a bad Rico looks like, that's pretty lame. I actually think he looks rather similar to Red vs. Blue, when he basically did whatever the hell he wanted as a townie and didn't give a damn what anyone else said about it.

I think it's harder to explain his behavior from a scum perspective than from a town perspective. For the moment I favor Occam's Razor.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think Zebra and INH both look a bit better emerging from Night 1. To spend the night phase discussing suspicion of Epignosis with him, in a conversation that was never threatening to them, and then kill him seems rather pointless. To smear a townie that you're not interested in trying to mislynch would be a goofy decision.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I asked myself a question about each living player: is there anything about this person that I can say is distinctly town-inclined?

a2thezebra - sure
birdwithteeth11 - whatever
Dom - sure
DrWilgy - sure
Elohcin - no
Glorfindel - no
insertnamehere - sure
LoRab - no
MacDougall - sure
motel room - sure
MovingPictures - no
Ricochet - sure
S~V~S - sure
sanmateo - whatever
Sloonei - sure
sprityo - no

Extracting my "no" people: Elohcin, Glorfindel, LoRab, MovingPictures07, sprityo

The whatever people are wild cards until they post: birdwithteeth11, sanmateo

It's likely I'm wrong about at least one person with a "sure", but this is a starting point for my reads. The "sure" for motel room may be surprising, I'll expand shortly. Any other questions, go for it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

a2thezebra wrote:Sloonei, what are some of your current reads besides Eloh and LoRab?
I do not have many others. I had some early doubts about MP but haven't read his later posts in much detail. You and Wilgy both feel good after tonight's little burst of activity. I am leaning town on Jay, but a Day 1 metafake isn't difficult for him to pull off, and I'm in agreement with the couple of people who gave SVS an early nod of approval. There's a whole lot of null beyond that and the two slight scum leans you noted. I'll have much more to say tomorrow once I've actually caught up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I asked myself a question about each living player: is there anything about this person that I can say is distinctly town-inclined?

a2thezebra - sure
birdwithteeth11 - whatever
Dom - sure
DrWilgy - sure
Elohcin - no
Glorfindel - no
insertnamehere - sure
LoRab - no
MacDougall - sure
motel room - sure
MovingPictures - no
Ricochet - sure
S~V~S - sure
sanmateo - whatever
Sloonei - sure
sprityo - no

Extracting my "no" people: Elohcin, Glorfindel, LoRab, MovingPictures07, sprityo

The whatever people are wild cards until they post: birdwithteeth11, sanmateo

It's likely I'm wrong about at least one person with a "sure", but this is a starting point for my reads. The "sure" for motel room may be surprising, I'll expand shortly. Any other questions, go for it.
What are some of your standards for being "town-inclined"? The most notable thing I can take out of this is the "No" next to MP. With all the posts he's made, you couldn't find anything that inclined you toward a town read?
Glorfindel is tough to read at the moment because it's never easy to judge a player who has real life matters that greatly outweigh the importance of a game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Throwing a vote LoRab's way and bumping this post.
Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:Curious to see what Zebra and INH have to say now that Epi was killed by mafia. And highly unlikely, in a speed game, that mafia would kill one of their own night 1. So....wanting responses there.
I am still curious what you have to say about all of the proceedings from Day 1. What's your take on things? You asked a few questions during the latter half of the day, but never gave any indication as to where you were leaning, then missed the vote. What were your thoughts as Day 1 was unfolding?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Regarding motel room:

This isn't a strong read, but it's something that make me think more highly of him than the average participant might. In our RYM days, motel room was always one to heavily scrutinize the details of my posts, I think stemming from a confrontation we had in a game in which I was bad and got him mislynched. He knows that when I am bad I have the ability to generate "objective information" to incriminate people even though they're innocent, and I think he is showing his wariness of that in this post:
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Actually now that I think of it, this incident is rather similar to what happened in Red vs. Blue -- Scotty made a misstep on Day 1 by providing an inconsistent read relative to Epignosis (either his own votes or someone's votes for him, I can't recall exactly), and Epignosis (his partner) helped lynch him for it. I'm not saying this is necessarily a bus job, but rather that there's a recent precedent for a baddie Scotty to do something like this.
Expanding on this parallel:

The following post is from Red vs. Blue, not Mad Max:
Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:Epi? He's Epi. I don't see anything out of the ordinary with Epi. Yet. Why does he have 2 votes?

MM- wow this guy I actually read...as good this game. I don't know what it is honestly. He's not as zany, he's more direct in his accusations. It's just atypical Mm day 1 behavior, and I'm liking it I think. Not that I don't like silly Mm behavior, but that I also like this guy as well. Enough so that I'm not gonn vote him today.
You don't know why I have two votes. MM is one of those votes, and you say he was direct in his accusations. Can you explain why MM voted for me?
Scotty goofed in that game by putting two reads together that weren't very compatible (he liked Metalmarsh, but not the votes on Epignosis, one of which was Metalmarsh). In this game he seems to have done something similar: he doesn't like Elohcin or Rico as much, but thinks Epignosis is steering the thread the wrong direction for suspecting the same two people. Incompatible.
This is so early for Facts.
I think what he was implying here is that on Day 1, seeing this kind of material from me made him feel like he had to prod me about it. "This is so early for facts" evidences a mindset in which part of him worried I was putting semi-relevant "objective evidence" into the thread to promote a mislynch.

And that's me saying a whole lot about six words. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:What are some of your standards for being "town-inclined"?
That's a very difficult question to answer because it is dependent upon a bunch of circumstantial contexts and who is being assessed. For example, the Day 0 good vibes some of us had about S~V~S weren't really the result of a concrete, game-independent concept. The specific circumstance of her timing in the game and Epi's Day 0 voting behavior made it possible for her to show herself in a way she otherwise wouldn't be able to. If we're right about her, that is.
Sloonei wrote:The most notable thing I can take out of this is the "No" next to MP. With all the posts he's made, you couldn't find anything that inclined you toward a town read?
MP's an interesting case, because my "no" on him is the result of watching him dismantle my own prior perspectives of him. He killed it in the M12 scrimmage by outposting everyone else by a mile (as a baddie) and for the most part looking himself. He did again in the early stages of Transistor. I give MP zero credit for the quantity of his content. Instead, I have to view his posts one-by-one and constantly ask myself:

"Is this distinctly a town MP post, or can this exist for a baddie MP?" So far in this game I'm getting the latter. That doesn't mean he has to be bad, but it does mean I think he blends his meta between alignments effectively. He has a lot of content and has been involved, but there have been no S~V~S-like moments or other details like that to sway me toward a town read.
Sloonei wrote:Glorfindel is tough to read at the moment because it's never easy to judge a player who has real life matters that greatly outweigh the importance of a game.
The same goes for LoRab. One wants to give them a break, but there's really nothing about this game to make that happen that I can readily identify.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Ricochet »

Good morning. What we're up to, wanting to lynch another townie, I see?
DrWilgy wrote:I don't think Rico is the type to lose sight of what would gain him advantage in the game for a policy lynch.
What would gain me advantage in the game? Making omelettes?

Oh, you must mean that thingy with lists and lots of words and sometimes use of skittles, right? Well, perhaps I've started to feel that's futile, given how quickly and often I've found myself at the bottom of the lake for it (psst, the "perhaps" is just for talk, I have sure stats on that). Including recent confirmation that some baddie players would do that for who I am. Not how I played, or how much I was on to them. Who I am.
a2thezebra wrote:Notice how the quotebox begins with Mac and MP agreeing that Rico is just generating content, with the implication being that they perceive him as a wild card town. That isn't good enough for Rico, so he challenges MP. You can see here that he is in fact not focused on generating content at all but rather generating distractions from genuine scum-hunting efforts, and hogging all the attention by making the thread about his personal beef with Mac that he talks as if it were shared universally by everyone else.
Must have missed the implication. The fact that Mac at one point comment "oh Rico, he so whacky on D1; moving on" does not necessarily imply that he read me town. For all we know, he might have easily deflect my whole barking at him with that one simple line.

Back to that multi-quote with MP, I'd argue that challenging MP there was, ironically, an attempt of generating content, because I felt him jumping easily on Mac's premise that I read Mac well, therefore should resort to doing that. I focused on believing MP to agree with that part, not the generating content part.
Sloonei wrote:I want to get behind the idea of Rico as a baddie, but I just fail to see the baddie motivation behind his Day 1 play. Why did scum Rico do all that stuff?
See, this fella gets it. Must have asked this same question about a dozen times already.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I can't remember ever seeing a baddie Ricochet in his own skin. Something tells me that WIFOM salad wouldn't be his most likely approach to tricking a roster full of high effort players (in his first baddie game in a long while as far as I know), most of whom are likely town. He'd be more likely to wear his Long Winded Analyst hat and try to appear as one of the team.

If this is what a bad Rico looks like, that's pretty lame. I actually think he looks rather similar to Red vs. Blue, when he basically did whatever the hell he wanted as a townie and didn't give a damn what anyone else said about it.

I think it's harder to explain his behavior from a scum perspective than from a town perspective. For the moment I favor Occam's Razor.
See, this fella gets it.

I don't have other "online activities" anymore, so I may well work on picking up some leads. Assuming two out of every three new posts of mine won't need to be further defending, for an opportunity that was entirely wasted on D1, supported by nobody except one other person, "distracting" nobody except two voters from pursuing and locking on their own leads for that Day. Much manipulation. Clever baddie, I must be.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

If you are planning on pushing my policy lynch again I am going to vote for you. The game has progressed beyond day 1. Policy lynches are stupid now and choosing to pursue mine would be indicative of no intention to contribute as a town and on day 2 making no effort to find baddies is the best reason we will find to lynch anyone.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Did I say I am?

You've got nothing to fret about anymore, you can kill whomever you like now, nobody gives a damn.

What a hollow finger-waggy statement to make, right after the very post in which I clearly stated I would focus on proper leads.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:Did I say I am?

You've got nothing to fret about anymore, you can kill whomever you like now, nobody gives a damn.

What a hollow finger-waggy statement to make, right after the very post in which I clearly stated I would focus on proper leads.
You are being so antagonistic I find it hard to believe it isn't an act. I can't believe a genuine you would be so hostile.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:

You are being so antagonistic I find it hard to believe it isn't an act. I can't believe a genuine you would be so hostile.
Oh, that's it? Took you one pokey post to switch from "If you are planning on pushing my policy lynch again I am going to vote for you". Noice.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Huh. Lol you are whack man. Get some sleep.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 41

Post by S~V~S »

So you DO think he's bad? Since you think he's killing people.

Epi was an odd choice for an NK with the end of the lynch going down as it did. Time to reread him.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

P.s. Rico~ I think ANY baddie team EXCEPT one that included you or Mac would have killed you for the lulz as well as the chance to frame Mac. To me the NK of someone other than you implies a team with either you or Mac on it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I know what he said. My point was that he implied that he thinks Mac is killing.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I know what he said. My point was that he implied that he thinks Mac is killing.
That wasn't a reference to your post. It's a joke related to something Ricochet did in another game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:

So you DO think he's bad? Since you think he's killing people.

Epi was an odd choice for an NK with the end of the lynch going down as it did. Time to reread him.
No. Should I have inserted a "in case you are bad" in there? Guess I should have.
S~V~S wrote:P.s. Rico~ I think ANY baddie team EXCEPT one that included you or Mac would have killed you for the lulz as well as the chance to frame Mac. To me the NK of someone other than you implies a team with either you or Mac on it.
It doesn't imply, it could imply. I'm not bad, so you can consider Mac, if that's your angle.

Or you can consider the mafia not touching this to plant this exact impression you've written above.

Or you can consider the mafia now considers me (maybe Mac as well) an apple unhealthy enough not to let dangle in front of town. Wouldn't surprise me. Yes, framing kill on either of us could create context, but a free mislynch/town washing their hands with town opportunity would be just as convenient.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
My name is Ricochet and I approve this joke and reference. Well done. :clap:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The fact that Ricochet is already sitting on 3 votes is probably a good reason he wasn't killed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That is possible, but if they had killed him, he would be gone & Mac would be sitting on those votes. PLUS THE LULZ. That is just as valid a reason for NKing someone as irrational paranoia is for wanting to lynch them :shrug:

I am not sure if I am tunnelling though, so I plan to go over Epis post with a fine tooth to see what got him killed. Does he read anyone particularly well? Eloh, who do you think may have wanted to kill Epi on Day One?

But seriously when you're evil killing for the lulz is the best. Unless your name is Metalmarsh & you're killing me mid afternoon. Then not so much :hugs:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

He reads Elohcin herself particularly well, or so the reputation goes. He had her on his hypothetical baddie team. :dark:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

DrWilgy wrote:

Explain if you would kindly
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If Ricochet was night killed I would have zero votes from anyone sane. His survival is far more indicative of me being bad than his death would have been. Obviously I am not but it's such a meh point.

Epi being killed makes me think he was barking up the right tree with his team speculation.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

RIP Epi. That's a bizarre kill.

I have a busy day; I'll have to properly catch up and respond to individual posts later. Maybe later this morning, but probably later this evening; I'm working on some other things at the moment.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”