Total votes: 0
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: MAD MAX: Night 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sprityo, could you expand on this assertion you made relative to Epignosis on Night 1?
sprityo wrote:I mean, hopping off/on a wagon at best last moment is always fishy
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:MP, you've yet to set a coherent voice this game. You are doing whatever is convenient in the moment. You are buddying to me. I am suspciious of this.
I do not like the way Dom has asserted that MP is buddying him just because he's shaded in green on his rainbow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If MacDougall can't kill you, then he can't kill you. And if he can kill you, all he has to do is...refrain from doing so. If you were good, you've opened yourself up to being killed to set up MacDougall.

Not helpful.
This.

Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

It seems like such a categorically poor move for Rico that it essentially leaves me with two options. A. He has some sort of secret info or an ulterior motive for voting Mac Day 1. B. He knows for sure that the target on his back won't hurt him because he's scum.
Uhhh

Free lunch!
This was from yesterday, on my phone on the train. Epi had the most concise cut-down of the rico\mac bickering and this bloke appeared to piggyback off it, but with an odd confident "two option" stance which I was not a fan of.
Care to elaborate on why you aren't a fan?
Just like, the vibe. Mabo.
Welp. :sigh:
Maybe I can try, because I think I also saw what motel room was picking up here. Your post did not really bring anything new to what Epi said, so it came off as a long-winded piggybacking of somebody else's theory. Echoing his thoughts back at him, disguised as new content.

I'm also not liking the lack of effort you put into responding here. I don't think this was too difficult a thing to figure out, but your two posts here indicate a near-refusal to engage in a discussion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote:The two people who came out of Day 1 looking worse for me are Elo and Epi, those two lovebirds.

Elo's Scotty vote and "self-preservation" was weird to me. Same thing with Epi's ultimately useless last second switcheroo where he jumped off of the Scotty train mere seconds before it crashed into a wall. I'd really like to see his explanation for his vote because right now it just rings as hollowly opportunistic.
Seconding Epi's response to this:
Epignosis wrote:What's the opportunity?
sprityo tried to help:
sprityo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:The two people who came out of Day 1 looking worse for me are Elo and Epi, those two lovebirds.

Elo's Scotty vote and "self-preservation" was weird to me. Same thing with Epi's ultimately useless last second switcheroo where he jumped off of the Scotty train mere seconds before it crashed into a wall. I'd really like to see his explanation for his vote because right now it just rings as hollowly opportunistic.
What's the opportunity?
I think "opportunity" was the wrong word to use. I think a better word to describe it is, suspicious, or, coincidental.
sprityo wrote:I mean, hopping off/on a wagon at best last moment is always fishy
But I fail to see how Epi's "hopping off the bandwagon" is really fishy at all. He's moving his vote from the inevitable lynch wagon onto a player with no votes near the end of the day. That could be cause for suspicion in a completely different context, but this does not look anything like a player trying to distance themselves from the responsibility of a mislynch. There's no way to do that, and if this is Epi's attempt at such a maneuver (which I doubt is something he would do here anyway) then he did it in the least subtle way imaginable. This suspicion of Epi is what feels opportunistic to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

a2thezebra wrote:I thought I would have more to offer but most of that territory that I caught up with is well-covered. The only update for me as far as reads go (besides Scotty of course) is Epignosis. I don't read him as a baddie yet but removing his vote from Scotty near the end bumped him down from my civ reads.
I thought you would have more to say and am a bit disappointed that the most substantial new thought you could come up with is that Epi's vote change looked bad. I do not think it did, and his death last night bears that out.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I concur with your misgivings about sprityo, Sloonei. I am less bothered by INH for the simple fact that Epignosis is dead. INH made it his primary point of focus on Night 1 to engage Epi on his vote switch (whether it was actually suspicious or not). For him to do that and then kill Epignosis would seem to require similar mental gymnastics to what we're seeing people do with Ricochet in my opinion.

sprityo didn't quite do that. He touched on the matter once in an isolated appearance.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

a2thezebra wrote:You can deconstruct any suspicion or accusation by saying that you don't see why it's suspicious even after the person elaborates on it infinitely. I don't have time for it.
"Let's not analyze the things that I'm saying and just move on."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote:Epi, blink twice if your vote was forced. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to agree with Zebra that your pithy evasive non-answers are only making this one small thing into something more and more fishy.
INH in this game is just a hype man for other people's suspicions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:You can deconstruct any suspicion or accusation by saying that you don't see why it's suspicious even after the person elaborates on it infinitely. I don't have time for it.
I agreed with Zebra on that particular point. While I never thought his vote switch was something suspicious, I did think he was failing to provide quality answers to the accusation for the reason Zebra alluded to. He focused on refuting that it was suspicious instead of explaining why he did it. Obviously he was killed so the suspicion is no longer relevant, but I think that's a good look for Zebra. Mind meld.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Also, :biggrin: @ Rico showing up in the thread, after ignoring my criticism of his Mac-centered hurlyburly, to criticize me for not making sense.
Do the two topics need to be related? Is pointing out something in real time not admissable, unless I've covered everything in the past?

As for your reply pointed out, given its lateness in my time zone, I might have very well missed it indeed. Do you still want rebuttals on it?
Yes, I would.

Epignosis went out like he played: frustratingly. RIP, and I wish you elected to answer a single question before you left this mortal coil. Guess it doesn't particularly matter now.
What was the purpose of this eulogy? Is it a thing you usually do?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I agreed with Zebra on that particular point. While I never thought his vote switch was something suspicious, I did think he was failing to provide quality answers to the accusation for the reason Zebra alluded to. He focused on refuting that it was suspicious instead of explaining why he did it. Obviously he was killed so the suspicion is no longer relevant, but I think that's a good look for Zebra. Mind meld.
I agreed with Epi that it was not suspicious and did not care why he did it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote:
LoRab wrote:Curious to see what Zebra and INH have to say now that Epi was killed by mafia. And highly unlikely, in a speed game, that mafia would kill one of their own night 1. So....wanting responses there.
I don't believe either me or Zebra called Epi mafia. We just wanted some kind of explanation for his D1 vote, and his pussyfooting around it was aggravating.
"Never called Epi mafia."
The two people who came out of Day looking [worst] are Elo and Epi.[/quote]Uh.

Plus, I already responded to his death here:
insertnamehere wrote:Epignosis went out like he played: frustratingly. RIP, and I wish you elected to answer a single question before you left this mortal coil. Guess it doesn't particularly matter now.
There ya go.

Now onto Rico's text wall.
Oh, so that eulogy was your way of addressing Epi's death, so now you don't have to analyze it at all, because you already addressed it, in a way that says nothing about the game.

I'm voting insertnamehere.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote:You didn't explicitly accuse him, true. But you implied suspicion. And to say, yeah--i didn't really suspect him, and he was just frustrating, quite honestly, doesn't make you look all that good.
If I hadn't been so busy accusing LoRab last night I could have agreed with this post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am unamused by MacDougall's current vote. He joined the early Rico pile to give it a big lead in the tally, and that alone has the potential to drive the eventual lynch. Late arrivals and unmotivated townies tend to just join the heap later in the day, and as it stands right now Rico is a high probability victim of that trend.

Mac's reasoning is weak, in my opinion. It's less about trying to figure out Rico's behavior and more about condemning him for it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei looks way town right now even though I disagree with him on a couple people.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:You didn't explicitly accuse him, true. But you implied suspicion. And to say, yeah--i didn't really suspect him, and he was just frustrating, quite honestly, doesn't make you look all that good.
So you believe they spent Night 1 accusing Epignosis and then killed him? What's the objective?
They didn't spend the whole night accusing him, and the original accusation (from INH) came very shortly after the Day 1 deadline, presumably before a kill would have been decided upon. When Epi continually responded (much to their frustration), what choice would they have had but to continue engaging him? If they went silent it would have looked like hollow accusations. Plus, they get standard townie points.

That's not to say I believe and INH are both scum. I am just presenting a hypothetical alternative in which one or both of them could be bad.

If one is bad I think it is INH. My recent posts should show why I feel that way. He's playing a very safe game, making sure not to ruffle any feathers that he doesn't want to ruffle and trying to hide behind other players. It's shifty as hell, let's get him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sloonei looks way town right now even though I disagree with him on a couple people.
Which people and why? I assume zebra and INH are in there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:They didn't spend the whole night accusing him, and the original accusation (from INH) came very shortly after the Day 1 deadline, presumably before a kill would have been decided upon. When Epi continually responded (much to their frustration), what choice would they have had but to continue engaging him? If they went silent it would have looked like hollow accusations. Plus, they get standard townie points.
This is where I see mental gymnastics. I think you're making a logical leap to assume Zebra and INH didn't want Epignosis to respond to them at all, and when his responses were curt it sort of left them with no choice but to press the issue (if they're townies).

Even if you believe Epignosis did nothing suspicious, would you at least agree that his answers to those two weren't substantive?

link: those are the people. Them peeps.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Neil Hartley
SVS

motel room
Ricochet
MovingPictures
DrWilgy
MacDougall

zebra
Glorfindel
Dom
sprityo

Elohcin
LoRab
Insertnamehere

Leaving sanmateo and birdwithteeth out until they make posts. Everyone is loosely in order, but the ordering was mostly drawn straight from my gut.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:They didn't spend the whole night accusing him, and the original accusation (from INH) came very shortly after the Day 1 deadline, presumably before a kill would have been decided upon. When Epi continually responded (much to their frustration), what choice would they have had but to continue engaging him? If they went silent it would have looked like hollow accusations. Plus, they get standard townie points.
This is where I see mental gymnastics. I think you're making a logical leap to assume Zebra and INH didn't want Epignosis to respond to them at all, and when his responses were curt it sort of left them with no choice but to press the issue (if they're townies).

Even if you believe Epignosis did nothing suspicious, would you at least agree that his answers to those two weren't substantive?

link: those are the people. Them peeps.
I do not think they did not want Epi to respond to them. I just think that it's not safe to assume they're town because they carried on a conversation with him during the night. Once INH had accused Epi, the discussion about it would carry on as long as Epi was engaging them. And it did. They lost interest when they weren't getting the answers they wanted out of him. His answers were not substantive, no, but I don't see that as being out of the ordinary for Epi. He saw it as a ridiculous accusation and responded ridiculously.

But anyway, the content of their (INH & zebra's) responses to Epi isn't a concern to me. I am only trying to refute the claim that they get a town lean for accusing Epi during the night that he was killed. I don't think the actual events of the night are substantive enough to do that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What do you think of all my other posts about INH?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll leave others to comment. Between the two, I think INH is more suspicious than Zebra. His eulogy thing was unnecessary at least.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm just going to say this: Ricochet might be my top town read. I don't understand the suspicion of him at all. It's a square circle.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This is the exchange regarding INH I'm most interested in right now:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If MacDougall can't kill you, then he can't kill you. And if he can kill you, all he has to do is...refrain from doing so. If you were good, you've opened yourself up to being killed to set up MacDougall.

Not helpful.
This.

Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

It seems like such a categorically poor move for Rico that it essentially leaves me with two options. A. He has some sort of secret info or an ulterior motive for voting Mac Day 1. B. He knows for sure that the target on his back won't hurt him because he's scum.
Uhhh

Free lunch!
This was from yesterday, on my phone on the train. Epi had the most concise cut-down of the rico\mac bickering and this bloke appeared to piggyback off it, but with an odd confident "two option" stance which I was not a fan of.
He doesn't appear the least bit interested in actually addressing motel room's concerns and is just paying lip service until he can move on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey ladies and gents, sorry for the momentary absence. You gotta know that Neil can't appear for you without looking good. My dressing room here is great by the way; I'd like to thank the staff. Neil Hartley remembers these things when it comes time to schedule a new slate of events.

I hope Jay has been keeping you all entertained. He can be kind of a snore I know, what with all of his blah blah blah, but he's a friend. He means well.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hiya Neil!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei, my biggest fan. Nobody buys more Neil Hartley t-shirts than this guy.

Why don't you tell me something, you rascal. MacDougall's here. Wow, what a blast from the past! The whole gang! Anyway, why don't you tell me what kind of guy you think he is. Maybe let me in on some of the gossip that makes you feel that way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm just going to say this: Ricochet might be my top town read. I don't understand the suspicion of him at all. It's a square circle.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Image
You know what Neil wants? He wants some of this right here, baby.
Ricochet wrote:I don't have other "online activities" anymore, so I may well work on picking up some leads.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sloonei, my biggest fan. Nobody buys more Neil Hartley t-shirts than this guy.

Why don't you tell me something, you rascal. MacDougall's here. Wow, what a blast from the past! The whole gang! Anyway, why don't you tell me what kind of guy you think he is. Maybe let me in on some of the gossip that makes you feel that way.
I've not gotten a strong read on Mac yet. I leaned town initially, but that was more a response to the ridiculous heat he got at the start of the game by way of Rico's policy. I thought he deflected it well enough, but it wasn't a particularly challenging thing to deflect and he hasn't done anything that convinces me he's good or bad. Like Jay's analysis of MP, things that would earn other players townie points don't work for Mac because I think he blends his metas well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Hey all! Sorry I haven't been around! I'm just super slammed lately (no off days from work this week for example), but I will try to get involved in the next 24-48 hours or so.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DrWilgy wrote:Glad Epi is dead. I was gut feeling him as bad and this makes my life easier.

Someone tl;dr me for day/night 1.
So, a civ is very likely dead and you are glad about it? Hrm.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
So you believe they spent Night 1 accusing Epignosis and then killed him? What's the objective?
Shits and giggles? So that we'll all wonder why Epi? WIFOM? Quite honestly, I brought it up as a question to see what their current thoughts were and how they had changed with Epi's death. INH's response seemed defensive, when I hadn't raised suspicion. And to say that Epi was just frustrating in life and in death didn't ring true.
Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:Curious to see what Zebra and INH have to say now that Epi was killed by mafia. And highly unlikely, in a speed game, that mafia would kill one of their own night 1. So....wanting responses there.
I am still curious what you have to say about all of the proceedings from Day 1. What's your take on things? You asked a few questions during the latter half of the day, but never gave any indication as to where you were leaning, then missed the vote. What were your thoughts as Day 1 was unfolding?
I still read the Rico/Mac thing as neutral on both sides. I neither suspect nor think eithe civ as a result. I did think Scotty was civ, but wasn't around to post about it. Quite honestly, I'm not sure where I would have voted. My brain was also in a fog at the time, so I need to reread day 1 in order to have more thoughts on it.
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:DrWilgy, do you have any other gut and/or vibe-based reads you would like to share?
The only other player that I have thought about is Sprityo, whom I gut read as bad.

I like your analysis of Rico. I'd like an answer from Rico as to why he thought to interject here. Not sure if this has been explained yet or not, but I'm not willing to go back and check.

Zebra, how would you respond to me voting Rico right now?

Sloonei, mind telling me the exchange that interested you most?
Elohcin's response to Neil Hartley early in the game is something I've been getting hung up on. Something about it strikes me as a feigned effort to appear confused for the sake of casting speculation. I am wary of people who latch onto roleplay as a basis for suspicion early on. LoRab did the same thing, if I remember correctly. I suppose those are the two that I'm thinking about most at the moment, but it's been a slow start for me and I'm still not out of the preliminary reads stage of the process.
Role playing in games always pings me. I wasn't latching onto it, merely mentioning it as a ping. I realize that it doesn't ping everyone, but it does me and always has. It's an easy thing to hide behind. We all read into posts differently and find different things suspicious. That's something that sets off my suspiciometer. Not sure how that makes me suspicious, but I'm not going to change my game because things I do make people suspect me. If that were my nature, I'd play entirely differently, lol (but it wouldn't be me and it wouldn't be fun). Would you rather I not mention things that I notice in the thread? And, for the record, I'm not suspecting JJJ at the moment, as his posts have demonstrated him to be more than a facade.
Sloonei wrote:Throwing a vote LoRab's way and bumping this post.
Sloonei wrote:
I am still curious what you have to say about all of the proceedings from Day 1. What's your take on things? You asked a few questions during the latter half of the day, but never gave any indication as to where you were leaning, then missed the vote. What were your thoughts as Day 1 was unfolding?
Yeah, sorry. I was sleeping. Also, you made the first post at 1:04 am and bumped it at 2:33 am. Why did you feel the need to bump a post that was only an hour and a half old?
Sloonei wrote:
If I hadn't been so busy accusing LoRab last night I could have agreed with this post.
Since your suspicion of me is leading you to incorrect conclusions, you can still agree with that post.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I only bumped that post at 2:30 as a way of refreshing the reason why I voted for you in case anyone looked at it and wanted to ask "why?"

The rest of your responses there are fair. I look forward to your thoughts once you have caught up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote:I only bumped that post at 2:30 as a way of refreshing the reason why I voted for you in case anyone looked at it and wanted to ask "why?"

The rest of your responses there are fair. I look forward to your thoughts once you have caught up.
That makes sense! And thank you for reading my responses.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I had a look through MP's posts and saw he lists INH as an orange read at the bottom of his rainbow, but I've not seen a reason why. I am interested in a reason why.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Rainbow #2

a2thezebra
Dom
MacDougall
motel room
Sloonei
S~V~S

LoRab
Neil Hartley

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

Ricochet
Scotty

Elohcin
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
sprityo
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:sprityo, could you expand on this assertion you made relative to Epignosis on Night 1?
Sloonei wrote:

Seconding Epi's response to this:
Epignosis wrote:What's the opportunity?
sprityo tried to help:
sprityo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

What's the opportunity?
I think "opportunity" was the wrong word to use. I think a better word to describe it is, suspicious, or, coincidental.
But I fail to see how Epi's "hopping off the bandwagon" is really fishy at all. He's moving his vote from the inevitable lynch wagon onto a player with no votes near the end of the day. That could be cause for suspicion in a completely different context, but this does not look anything like a player trying to distance themselves from the responsibility of a mislynch. There's no way to do that, and if this is Epi's attempt at such a maneuver (which I doubt is something he would do here anyway) then he did it in the least subtle way imaginable. This suspicion of Epi is what feels opportunistic to me.
So the thing JJJ quoted, it was more a comment I made, it really looks more of A stepping stone I was using to try and get prompts to talk more (which look where we are). But in the actual sense of things with what I was talking about. I was more talking about how if you jump on a wagon at the last second, you're either contributing to lynching a townie or in the case of lynching scum, possibly bussing your partner. So either output is not favorable and would draw suspicion. It's like wifom, where you never win.

"Hopping off" the wagon has a similar effect. You jump off a town lynch and it looks like you were trying to not look like you contributed to the lynch and were not in favor of it. And if you jump off a scum lynch it looks like you were trying to possibly save your buddy.

It's all hypothetical, but of course, possible situations. Perspectives.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125

Post by DrWilgy »

@Sloonei I gut read you as bad from me due to a feeling of dancing around the pizza last night. A forced non-grasping of the Rico situation. This is heavily dependent upon other's alignements though.

@Sprityo I gut read you due to your request of wishing to team with Mac following mine.

@Lorab, yes that is what I stated. Your point?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

So as I had said, it looks "fishy" with fishy being synonymous to suspicious or any other word that would not be favorable to the person of question
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei, mind telling me the exchange that interested you most?
Elohcin's response to Neil Hartley early in the game is something I've been getting hung up on. Something about it strikes me as a feigned effort to appear confused for the sake of casting speculation. I am wary of people who latch onto roleplay as a basis for suspicion early on. LoRab did the same thing, if I remember correctly. I suppose those are the two that I'm thinking about most at the moment, but it's been a slow start for me and I'm still not out of the preliminary reads stage of the process.[/quote]

Funny thing is...I'm still confused by the whole Neil Hartley thing.

@ Zebra - No offense taken. I was confused. Someone mentioned he was roleplaying. So I said I knew nothing of MadMax and then someone else said it had nothing to do with MadMax. THAT is confusing to me.

This is as far as I am getting at the moment. I still have almost two pages to read. I'll be back in a while.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DrWilgy wrote:@Sloonei I gut read you as bad from me due to a feeling of dancing around the pizza last night. A forced non-grasping of the Rico situation. This is heavily dependent upon other's alignements though.

@Sprityo I gut read you due to your request of wishing to team with Mac following mine.

It was purely for jokes. I don't make teams in mafia. That's not how I roll. If someone wants to say they believe me to be town, so be it. But intentionally putting that comment out I would've assumed everyone would think as a joke. I mean, You meant it as a joke as well, right?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote:@Sloonei I gut read you as bad from me due to a feeling of dancing around the pizza last night. A forced non-grasping of the Rico situation. This is heavily dependent upon other's alignements though.
I'm not even sure what this means. Forced non-grasping of the Rico situation? Huh?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote:

It was purely for jokes. I don't make teams in mafia. That's not how I roll. If someone wants to say they believe me to be town, so be it. But intentionally putting that comment out I would've assumed everyone would think as a joke. I mean, You meant it as a joke as well, right?
What do you think of Insertnamehere?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:This.

Uhhh

Free lunch!
Maybe I can try, because I think I also saw what motel room was picking up here. Your post did not really bring anything new to what Epi said, so it came off as a long-winded piggybacking of somebody else's theory. Echoing his thoughts back at him, disguised as new content.

I'm also not liking the lack of effort you put into responding here. I don't think this was too difficult a thing to figure out, but your two posts here indicate a near-refusal to engage in a discussion.
Maybe I'm just an imbecile, but I didn't get any of that first paragraph from Motel Room's interactions with me. I asked him why he didn't like what I said, and he gave me "bad vibes." There's not really anything I can do with that. I can't say "NO, YOUR SUBJECTIVE FEELINGS ARE WRONG!" So my first reaction was to just sigh and move on, hoping that my future posts would not bring down even more bad vibes.

Once again, maybe I'm just mentally challenged, but I see a clear difference between Epi's post:

Not helpful.
(Pointing out the inherent contradiction in Rico's "policy lynch" and seeing how it could easily backfire, making the entire thing irrelevant to the civ cause.)

And mine:
insertnamehere wrote:Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

(I state that Rico knows the contradiction and is choosing to ignore it. I then state that Rico either must have a second reason for ignoring it and endangering himself, or he must know he isn't in any danger because he's scum. I imply that I'm leaning towards the latter.)

Epi's post points out a contradiction and observes how it makes Rico's entire enterprise pointless. My post says that Rico must be aware of this contradiction, and is likely scum for it.

Those are two different points of view. Yes, parts of the first paragraph of my post are repeating what Epi said, but it's all in service of a wider point that Epi himself didn't state at all: Rico is most likely scum.

Please illustrate to me how my own posts are pointless, Sloonei, because I don't see it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Epi, blink twice if your vote was forced. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to agree with Zebra that your pithy evasive non-answers are only making this one small thing into something more and more fishy.
INH in this game is just a hype man for other people's suspicions.
Shame on me for fucking agreeing with other people.

Awful play, I know.

But I still don't see how you can discredit my entire case against Rico as just me parroting what smarter people have said. You're just so eager to make everything I say meaningless that you're disregarding the actual content of most of my posts.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm just going to say this: Ricochet might be my top town read. I don't understand the suspicion of him at all. It's a square circle.
I have to agree with JJJ here. I don;t see the Rico suspicion's value.

However, I don't agree with JJJ and his vote for me. Epi said it himself that he had no reason for voting/suspecting me.

Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Epignosis went out like he played: frustratingly. RIP, and I wish you elected to answer a single question before you left this mortal coil. Guess it doesn't particularly matter now.
What was the purpose of this eulogy? Is it a thing you usually do?
This was immediately after the Night post, and it was my response to Epi's death, which was something I thought was slightly warranted. Seeing how Lorab immediately posted after this:
I suppose it was warranted.

A person (no, not that A Person) made a weird vote D1. I wanted an explanation for this weird vote. The person refused to give one, and was crazily evasive and almost mocking to anyone trying to get an answer. I continued pressing that person for a type of explanation. That person was then nightkilled. I said, "oh well, guess it wasn't important anyway, now back to my big current suspicion."

Would you kindly explain what I did wrong?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Ricochet »

Mkay, time is proving sadly very limited, since I have classes in the morning, and tomorrow's schedule will be even harder, so let me see what I can dig up for the next hour or so.

Scotty - the voters

a2thezebra - threw an early vote on Scotty for his pingy comment on Glorfindel; refuses the elaborate to Sloonei, calls the vote obvious; reiterates Scotty as "lesser extent" bad read (compared to me); final vote on Scotty (switched from me) including in the reasoning not just the Glorvote, but the "shenanigans with Epignosis"; chooses Scotty over me due to scaling the suspicion "very confident Scotty is bad"; post-lynch apologetics, although still criticizing how Scotty handled the defending process.
==============
Pingvote for Glorfindel remarks sounds like something zebra would do, even the refusal to elaborate doesn't surprise me, however far less to be content about the interaction with Epignosis simply popping up in her final vote reasoning. If Zebra would have been as pinged by Scotty-Epig "shenanigans" as others, I'd have expected to see at least a few lines of inquiry/pressuring/suss'ing.

As for Epig connection, she read him civ at the end of D1, but then things got sour (arguably the more Epig deflected rebuting) during the Night convo, with him becoming a suspect for his vote switch. Her argumentation around why would baddie Epig even bother to move his vote, knowing others would jump on him for it, seems to resemble the routine "you'd do this to smokescreen / mislead town" interpretation that my behaviour also received. But I'm reading all this null or at least with slight incredulity in light of Epig's death i.e. not picking any signs why zebra would have felt the need to both engage Epignosis and need him killed right away.

So her final Scotty vote is a bit FoS-worthy, the rest... not so much.

==============

Elohcin - 1 x "I can see where scotty can be bad", upon switching from BWT to him. Kewl.

As for Epig interactions: post-D1-lynch, half-banter-ish comment on her having become a suspect simply for Epig having called her out; questions his vote switch; elaborates her feel that Epig's poke at her was easy to be followed by others and that he should have had more on her than mere fluff comments

Going deeper: her BWT 'self-preservation" vote was attributed to thinking Day would end after 24h. Mkay, but one thing I noticed is that she acknowledged that she could have voted either BWT or Mac... so why was her choice BWT - Incidentally, I'm not sure I have to a perfect spreadsheet of the vote evolution, but from what I have, Mac had two votes, she had two votes and she bumped BWT to having two votes as well (oh wait, she claimed later that BWT had already two votes, which I'm missing from my sheet tbh, whose vote was the second one?); so if this is correct, how is tying yourself with two others self-preservation effecient?

Her input on JJJ's roleplay thingy comes off indeed a bit wordy and thought rummaging, but I'm not sure it's an element that could dissociate very well between tryhard inputmaker baddie Elohcin and topic-grasping regular Elohcin.

FoS for sheer bandwagoning on Scotty. It's only deserving for such a move to receive ping marks.

==============

JaggedJimmyJay - first mention of Scotty is him straight up two spots away from bottom rainbow; ok. how so?

The rest was pretty much picking up Epig's issues and elaborating to the pointof bringing up meta and possible dungooferry from baddie Scotty all over again. I got no vibe from this atm, argumentation seems as elaborate as one would expect from the Jay. Meta charges would be a tad dubious, as they would be an easy tool to dig the victim further and make the case seem more consistent, but in this case the pattern really seemed to strike resemblance, it seems.

As for Epig interacti- oh look at that it's 1am, I'm not going through 83 Jay posts. Tomorro, if necessary.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
I don't believe either me or Zebra called Epi mafia. We just wanted some kind of explanation for his D1 vote, and his pussyfooting around it was aggravating.
The two people who came out of Day looking [worst] are Elo and Epi. Uh.

Don't misquote me, Sloonei. Here's the original post, I'll repeat it again for your benefit:
Worse. A different word than worst, with different meanings and connotations. Here's a helpful WikiHow article to teach you the difference: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Worse-and-Worst

Cliffnotes:
Use worse to describe something in a state of deterioration. Although this situation commonly only lists one thing, technically speaking, you are still comparing two things - one state of being to another. Often, one of these states is implied instead of mentioned outright.

This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
I think my handwriting is worse [than it was before].
I am feeling worse [than I was before]

Use worst to state that one thing is inferior to multiple other things. Worst is a superlative adjective. A superlative adjective is one which is used to denote the extreme highest or lowest out of a group of nouns.[6] This is used when comparing three or more things.

Unlike worse, you can’t use worst when only comparing two things.
Dirty diapers smell worse than rotten milk, but week-old fish is the worst of all.
Math is the worst of all my classes.

The lynch train against Scotty being one that was perpetrated against a civ, made me reconsider my assumptions about two people, Epi and Elo. I didn't imply that they were my two top suspects, but that my view of both of them was altered by the Day 1 results. And I never called Epi mafia.

Hopefully, you now understand.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Please illustrate to me how my own posts are pointless, Sloonei, because I don't see it.
Just one post, actually. This one:
insertnamehere wrote:

Not helpful.
This.

But you know this. What I am saying, and what I think motel room was suggesting, is that you were just piggybacking on Epi's theory. Using his words to support your own case and adding a bit of fluff to it. Your analysis strikes me as being contrived and just there for the sake of appearing to work things out. I don't think the "conclusions" you draw are sincere. There's a lot more than those two possible explanations for Rico's behavior.

This is your own explanation of the two posts and the great differences between them:
(I state that Rico knows the contradiction and is choosing to ignore it. I then state that Rico either must have a second reason for ignoring it and endangering himself, or he must know he isn't in any danger because he's scum. I imply that I'm leaning towards the latter.)

Epi's post points out a contradiction and observes how it makes Rico's entire enterprise pointless. My post says that Rico must be aware of this contradiction, and is likely scum for it.
And again, I don't think that analysis is genuine, conclusive, convincing, or anything, really. It's just there. It's words. Like motel room said, Epi summed it up pretty succinctly. You tried adding to something that didn't need addition.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
The two people who came out of Day looking [worst] are Elo and Epi. Uh.

Don't misquote me, Sloonei. Here's the original post, I'll repeat it again for your benefit:
Worse. A different word than worst, with different meanings and connotations. Here's a helpful WikiHow article to teach you the difference: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Worse-and-Worst

Cliffnotes:
Use worse to describe something in a state of deterioration. Although this situation commonly only lists one thing, technically speaking, you are still comparing two things - one state of being to another. Often, one of these states is implied instead of mentioned outright.

This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
I think my handwriting is worse [than it was before].
I am feeling worse [than I was before]

Use worst to state that one thing is inferior to multiple other things. Worst is a superlative adjective. A superlative adjective is one which is used to denote the extreme highest or lowest out of a group of nouns.[6] This is used when comparing three or more things.

Unlike worse, you can’t use worst when only comparing two things.
Dirty diapers smell worse than rotten milk, but week-old fish is the worst of all.
Math is the worst of all my classes.

The lynch train against Scotty being one that was perpetrated against a civ, made me reconsider my assumptions about two people, Epi and Elo. I didn't imply that they were my two top suspects, but that my view of both of them was altered by the Day 1 results. And I never called Epi mafia.

Hopefully, you now understand.
Hey thanks bud, I'd never come across this piece of information before! Please explain to me the very dramatic difference between your use of "worse" in this context and my interpretation of it as the word "worst". Why is it so crucial that that E not be changed to a T?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”