Endgame (dead/host/non/mod)
No votes

Total votes: 0
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by MacDougall »

This is turning into Captain America Civil War I think lol.

I would like you to ask yourself to what end does Ricochet's post such as the below serve from a civilian perspective?

[quote="Ricochet"]Did I say I am?

You've got nothing to fret about anymore, you can kill whomever you like now, nobody gives a damn.

What a hollow finger-waggy statement to make, right after the very post in which I clearly stated I would

Further to that, Ricochet proceeded to read two players I have a Mafia read of and appeared to give them a Mafia read. Spirityo and Glorfindel.

All thought process that Ricochet has made outside of anything to do with me on day 2 are almost concurrence with my own, aside from his OMGUS reaction to Zebra. So why is he clinging to a Mafia read of me. His logical progression should be rendering a civilian read of me. But he is clinging to it. I consider this reflective of an extreme level of insincerity.

It would not surprise me to find that he has made those two reads of wilgy, lorab, spirityo and glorfindel as legacy in case of his death because one of them, or both, are on his team. In fact it makes a lot of sense that he seemingly randomly chose some players to do that with. I would say he has done that rather intentionally.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What do you mean why wait? This line of questioning makes no sense to me and strikes me as unproductive, especially at 1 hour before EoD. Anyone could ask anyone else why wait so long to accuse whomever, right?

I think Jay has made it clear he has suspected Elohcin longer than anyone else, so what's your point? I just am lost here.
Do you know anything about my play style at all? This is what I do. I'm baffled that people are just now taking issue with it. Whether or not there's a substantial theory or premise behind my questioning, I'm still going to do it to see what reactions it produces in both the person I'm questioning as well as people outside the conversation. Do I need to put all that in my signature as well?
No need to be harsh with the response (though I doubt it was intentional because I know you better than that), I'm just trying to understand, that's all.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

We all seem to have a low read of LoRab?
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:This is turning into Captain America Civil War I think lol.

I would like you to ask yourself to what end does Ricochet's post such as the below serve from a civilian perspective?
Ricochet wrote:Did I say I am?

You've got nothing to fret about anymore, you can kill whomever you like now, nobody gives a damn.

What a hollow finger-waggy statement to make, right after the very post in which I clearly stated I would

Further to that, Ricochet proceeded to read two players I have a Mafia read of and appeared to give them a Mafia read. Spirityo and Glorfindel.

All thought process that Ricochet has made outside of anything to do with me on day 2 are almost concurrence with my own, aside from his OMGUS reaction to Zebra. So why is he clinging to a Mafia read of me. His logical progression should be rendering a civilian read of me. But he is clinging to it. I consider this reflective of an extreme level of insincerity.

It would not surprise me to find that he has made those two reads of wilgy, lorab, spirityo and glorfindel as legacy in case of his death because one of them, or both, are on his team. In fact it makes a lot of sense that he seemingly randomly chose some players to do that with. I would say he has done that rather intentionally.
I also have mafia reads of sprityo and Glorfindel though, and I know I'm not the only one. And why would Rico's congruence with you naturally indicate that he should evaluate you as a civilian? I think it's possible to agree with someone on suspects and yet still find that person a suspect, as a civilian, right?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:We all seem to have a low read of LoRab?
She's moderate town for me; I don't want to lynch her.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

I have a meeting, be back in 30
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Voting for Rico, not only to save myself, but also because nothing said after Day 1 stopped him from being my top scum read. No misquoted, misinterpreted quote that Sloonei slaps in my face like a dead, rotting horse carcass is going to change that.

The case against me is poppycock. There, I said it.

People I'd like to ISO if, in fact, I survive the Day:

Lorab
Dom
motel room

Lorab and Dom I feel are falling into the trap of focusing so much on criticizing the way other people play that they are forgetting to actually provide anything of value themselves. I want to see if they can, in addition to giving it, also take it. Motel Room I feel has been townread by people for not a lot of reasons.
Hey INH, do you have any reads of anyone you didn't list here yet? Just curious. Sorry if you've stated them elsewhere; I don't recall them though.

READZZZ:

Zebra
Mac
MovingPictures

S~V~S
3J
DrWilgy
Glorf
spirityo
sanmateo
BWT
Sloonei

Elochin
motel room
Lorab
Dom

Ricochet
Thanks for this, INH! It helps get a better idea of where your mind's at.

Can you elaborate on your Macdougall, Elohcin, Glorfindel, and sprityo reads by chance?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 247

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think the INH and Rico wagons are undesirable, if it wasn't clear. Is everyone voting for either one of these people really voting for the player they most think should be lynched?
My vote is absolutely for the player I most think should be lynched. I'd like to throw the question back at you. Ask yourself: what is the mafia motivation for much of what you attribute to be red flags for Elohcin's alignment?

linki @ JJJ - You're confusing negativity for continued interrogation. Do I need to put that disclaimer I used to have back in my signature?
I don't care about your signature. Don't dance around my question.

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT?
If you can't talk to me without freaking out every time for no reason then I'm just going to ignore you for the rest of the game. It's getting old.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:linki - LMAO I'm too baked for these coincidences.
I think it's quite obvious that there are groups forming here. You, me, and Mac against the world.

Also, MP, you third party voter you. What do I have to do to convince you to break this tie by voting for Rico?
Give me your best case against Rico. Why is his behavior best explained with a mafia motivation?
Either Rico deliberately decided to self-sabotage himself for purely petty infantile salty-ass reasons, or Rico is intentionally trying to put forth an "emotion-based" "policy lynch" that no one can really argue with, meaning that most of the thread can just ignore him while he pursues his little invented grudge. If Mac's lynched and flips civ, Rico can just put his hands up and say "Look at the people who jumped on board the bandwagon. From the start, my beef with Mac was personal, and I didn't even try to pretend it wasn't."

Rico can just screw around talking about Mac Day in and Day out, distracting people from catching baddies and attracting no suspicion himself. He also has an emotion based alibi he can trot out when Mac flips civ.

All Rico has to do is just not shut up about Mac and linger around in the thread while not actually putting forth any analysis, and he's made in the shade.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think the INH and Rico wagons are undesirable, if it wasn't clear. Is everyone voting for either one of these people really voting for the player they most think should be lynched?
My vote is absolutely for the player I most think should be lynched. I'd like to throw the question back at you. Ask yourself: what is the mafia motivation for much of what you attribute to be red flags for Elohcin's alignment?

linki @ JJJ - You're confusing negativity for continued interrogation. Do I need to put that disclaimer I used to have back in my signature?
That's a fair question, and like I noted, I admittedly have difficulty understanding Elohcin's in-thread mafia behavior in games regardless of alignment. But I would argue that her behavior is the most objectively (or objectively as possible, since you know, everything's subjective tosome degree) anti-town of any contributor in the thread right now.

What am I missing about Rico?
If you would argue that her behavior is the most anti-town, then please...argue it. Because I'm not convinced at all. If she's anti-town in this game then she's anti-town in most of the games that she's played, and that would neither be nice nor accurate.

I don't think you missed anything about Rico, it just gave you a headache so you didn't process any of it.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Ricochet
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
I think it's quite obvious that there are groups forming here. You, me, and Mac against the world.

Also, MP, you third party voter you. What do I have to do to convince you to break this tie by voting for Rico?
That seems to be the case. I wouldn't forget about who was in which group as the game goes on and more is revealed.

linki - Town. It's been town for a while.
Fair enough, I just was trying to get an assessment of how weak or strong of a read that is.
One of my strongest.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have to leave. I might be back before the deadline. Don't no lynch.
This is one thing where JJJ and I strongly agree.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Give me your best case against Rico. Why is his behavior best explained with a mafia motivation?
Either Rico deliberately decided to self-sabotage himself for purely petty infantile salty-ass reasons, or Rico is intentionally trying to put forth an "emotion-based" "policy lynch" that no one can really argue with, meaning that most of the thread can just ignore him while he pursues his little invented grudge. If Mac's lynched and flips civ, Rico can just put his hands up and say "Look at the people who jumped on board the bandwagon. From the start, my beef with Mac was personal, and I didn't even try to pretend it wasn't."

Rico can just screw around talking about Mac Day in and Day out, distracting people from catching baddies and attracting no suspicion himself. He also has an emotion based alibi he can trot out when Mac flips civ.

All Rico has to do is just not shut up about Mac and linger around in the thread while not actually putting forth any analysis, and he's made in the shade.
What about his ISOs today though, and the fact that he started out the day saying he would be looking elsewhere for mafia? I think he has shown genuine hunting in an attempt to uncover mafia aside from Mac as well.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Voting for Rico, not only to save myself, but also because nothing said after Day 1 stopped him from being my top scum read. No misquoted, misinterpreted quote that Sloonei slaps in my face like a dead, rotting horse carcass is going to change that.

Lorab
Dom
motel room

Lorab and Dom I feel are falling into the trap of focusing so much on criticizing the way other people play that they are forgetting to actually provide anything of value themselves. I want to see if they can, in addition to giving it, also take it. Motel Room I feel has been townread by people for not a lot of reasons.
Hey INH, do you have any reads of anyone you didn't list here yet? Just curious. Sorry if you've stated them elsewhere; I don't recall them though.

READZZZ:

Zebra
Mac
MovingPictures

S~V~S
3J
DrWilgy
Glorf
spirityo
sanmateo
BWT
Sloonei

Elochin
motel room
Lorab
Dom

Ricochet

Can you elaborate on your Macdougall, Elohcin, Glorfindel, and sprityo reads by chance?
Nothing Mac's done has made me read scum on him, and it feels like he's one of only two other people whose heads are at the same place as mine. Elohcin's acted weird, but it's harder for me to see a baddie reason for her oddness than it is for me with Rico. Glorf is someone I've barely played with and am still feeling out. So far he's done nothing to cause me to lean one way or the other. He's contributed tho, which makes me rank him above the inacts. Spirityo is someone who hasn't really made a big impression on me, although I'm not a fan of how he's contributed to the dogpile against me. But then again, I am pretty biased when it comes to that.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What do you mean why wait? This line of questioning makes no sense to me and strikes me as unproductive, especially at 1 hour before EoD. Anyone could ask anyone else why wait so long to accuse whomever, right?

I think Jay has made it clear he has suspected Elohcin longer than anyone else, so what's your point? I just am lost here.
Do you know anything about my play style at all? This is what I do. I'm baffled that people are just now taking issue with it. Whether or not there's a substantial theory or premise behind my questioning, I'm still going to do it to see what reactions it produces in both the person I'm questioning as well as people outside the conversation. Do I need to put all that in my signature as well?
No need to be harsh with the response (though I doubt it was intentional because I know you better than that), I'm just trying to understand, that's all.
Apologies, my main pet peeve is when people antagonize me for my play style and I just got asked why I even ask questions in this game, which might as well be asking why I even play it. So I'm a little pissed.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

motel room wrote:We all seem to have a low read of LoRab?
I read her as town.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hold on, I'll be back in 15 minutes or so. Hopefully.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That was faster than expected.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Spot fucking on.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:Apologies, my main pet peeve is when people antagonize me for my play style and I just got asked why I even ask questions in this game, which might as well be asking why I even play it. So I'm a little pissed.
Sorry, it was a shitty comment for me to make. I am experiencing lingering "pissed" from last night's silliness too. Maybe we should both cut it out. I apologize for that. Truce?

Also, the caps lock before was meant for effect, not freakout.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

What about his ISOs today though, and the fact that he started out the day saying he would be looking elsewhere for mafia? I think he has shown genuine hunting in an attempt to uncover mafia aside from Mac as well.
Yes, Rico's tossed out a couple of customary "Hey look guys, I'm contributing too!" during DAY 2, after he attracted a hell of a lot of heat from me, Zebra, and others in Day 1.

It feels like he decided to back away from his initial "FUCK MAC" stance only after others called him out on it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

I already covered that territory well over with JJJ, and it's only truer now that more time has passed. He has only said that he's going to be looking elsewhere but he hasn't contributed anything of substance and the day is nearly over.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:Rico can just screw around talking about Mac Day in and Day out, distracting people from catching baddies and attracting no suspicion himself. He also has an emotion based alibi he can trot out when Mac flips civ.

This is where you lose me. This is not Rico's post history. Rico has given as much effort on Day 2 to assess non-Mac people as anyone else -- probably more than the mean even.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:It feels like he decided to back away from his initial "FUCK MAC" stance only after others called him out on it.
I feel like we're reading different threads.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:It feels like he decided to back away from his initial "FUCK MAC" stance only after others called him out on it.
The feeling's mutual, man. The one I'm reading has Neil Hartley in it.

BRING BACK NEIL HARTLEY 2016
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Lorab
Dom
motel room

Nothing Mac's done has made me read scum on him, and it feels like he's one of only two other people whose heads are at the same place as mine. Elohcin's acted weird, but it's harder for me to see a baddie reason for her oddness than it is for me with Rico. Glorf is someone I've barely played with and am still feeling out. So far he's done nothing to cause me to lean one way or the other. He's contributed tho, which makes me rank him above the inacts. Spirityo is someone who hasn't really made a big impression on me, although I'm not a fan of how he's contributed to the dogpile against me. But then again, I am pretty biased when it comes to that.
This is another post where I agree with every word.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Looks like Rico's getting lynched, so here's to hoping I'm an idiot.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Apologies, my main pet peeve is when people antagonize me for my play style and I just got asked why I even ask questions in this game, which might as well be asking why I even play it. So I'm a little pissed.
Sorry, it was a shitty comment for me to make. I am experiencing lingering "pissed" from last night's silliness too. Maybe we should both cut it out. I apologize for that. Truce?

Also, the caps lock before was meant for effect, not freakout.
Truce. And sure it was. :P
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

insertnamehere wrote: Yes, Rico's tossed out a couple of customary "Hey look guys, I'm contributing too!" during DAY 2, after he attracted a hell of a lot of heat from me, Zebra, and others in Day 1.

It feels like he decided to back away from his initial "FUCK MAC" stance only after others called him out on it.
Yup, this. This too.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
The feeling's mutual, man. The one I'm reading has Neil Hartley in it.

BRING BACK NEIL HARTLEY 2016
You know I like to have a good time baby, but it can be hard for Neil Hartley to keep up with you kats. I gotta let Jay take over sometimes, he talks much faster than I do.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 41

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Who hasn't voted, anyone know?
Me for one. I got wrapped up in politics last night, and just got home from work, so I did not have the chance to read back on Epi as I would have liked.

For now I am going to dropmy vote on Eloh and try to read back for at least a bit. So it might change. But at this point I could not find where she addressed this:
S~V~S wrote:That is possible, but if they had killed him, he would be gone & Mac would be sitting on those votes. PLUS THE LULZ. That is just as valid a reason for NKing someone as irrational paranoia is for wanting to lynch them :shrug:

I am not sure if I am tunnelling though, so I plan to go over Epis post with a fine tooth to see what got him killed. Does he read anyone particularly well? Eloh, who do you think may have wanted to kill Epi on Day One?

But seriously when you're evil killing for the lulz is the best. Unless your name is Metalmarsh & you're killing me mid afternoon. Then not so much :hugs:
I am still up in the air about Rico & Sloonei.

Linki @INH,I kinda feel like that too. The people who I would expect to see the same things I see re Rico aren't seeing those things, so i am not sure if it is becasue I am out of practice, or becasue they are protecting him. So that could be why I am shying away from Rico vote. The people actively protecting him hard are making me second guess my gut.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Rico can just screw around talking about Mac Day in and Day out, distracting people from catching baddies and attracting no suspicion himself. He also has an emotion based alibi he can trot out when Mac flips civ.

This is where you lose me. This is not Rico's post history. Rico has given as much effort on Day 2 to APPEAR TO assess non-Mac people as anyone else -- probably more than the mean even.
Fixed.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 41

Post by S~V~S »

And looking at the poll, why is INH taking all of those votes? Can I get a Cliffs notes?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

It feels like the only major thing Zebra and I disagree with is that Persona is clearly the best Ingmar Bergman film. Fanny and Alexander's great, don't get me wrong, but Persona's in my top five movies of all time.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/CinemaZe ... r_bergman/

And you ranked it number 10?

Shameful.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:Fixed.
Cool. :shrug2:

If he's bad we'll have bonus material to data mine.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote:And looking at the poll, why is INH taking all of those votes? Can I get a Cliffs notes?
People think I'm parroting others opinions and avoiding having actual thoughts on the game.

Here's an actual thought and opinion: Those people are dum dums.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

insertnamehere wrote:It feels like the only major thing Zebra and I disagree with is that Persona is clearly the best Ingmar Bergman film. Fanny and Alexander's great, don't get me wrong, but Persona's in my top five movies of all time.

Shameful.
lol I need to update that, but yeah Persona is still the worst Bergman film I've seen. :D
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

a2thezebra wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:It feels like the only major thing Zebra and I disagree with is that Persona is clearly the best Ingmar Bergman film. Fanny and Alexander's great, don't get me wrong, but Persona's in my top five movies of all time.

Shameful.
lol I need to update that, but yeah Persona is still the worst Bergman film I've seen. :D
*votes Zebra*
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:And looking at the poll, why is INH taking all of those votes? Can I get a Cliffs notes?
I'll try to summarize for Sloonei while he isn't here (I might not have a full grasp).

He felt INH was being disingenuous in his treatment of Ricochet and his interactions with motel room and Sloonei himself. LoRab seemed to agree, I don't quite remember exactly her reasoning though. Rico's vote is self-pres.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Fixed.
Cool. :shrug2:

If he's bad we'll have bonus material to data mine.
All I'm saying is that the group of which I am a part that is disparaging Rico's content isn't unaware of his non-Mac posts as you seem to think is the case.

linki @ INH :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

INH and zebra (and Mac for that matter as well), thanks for trying to elaborate further on your views regarding Rico and others, even though I know you've spoken on this stuff to some degree earlier too. It's helpful that you all seem committed to hunting and engaging with me and others on your perceptions of the thread. I think we have some really good baddie hunting going around this thread, even if there's a lot of disagreement going around. There's a lot to be proud of with respect to effort too.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Yeah, same here. I guess I can see that perspective, but I don't even remotely agree with it, and I think Rico's done plenty that is easily compatible with a town-minded outlook, even if initially a very salty one.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

insertnamehere wrote:
People think I'm parroting others opinions and avoiding having actual thoughts on the game.

Yeah I've parroted you more in the past hour than you've parroted anyone else in the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

That's a fair question, and like I noted, I admittedly have difficulty understanding Elohcin's in-thread mafia behavior in games regardless of alignment. But I would argue that her behavior is the most objectively (or objectively as possible, since you know, everything's subjective tosome degree) anti-town of any contributor in the thread right now.

What am I missing about Rico?
If you would argue that her behavior is the most anti-town, then please...argue it. Because I'm not convinced at all. If she's anti-town in this game then she's anti-town in most of the games that she's played, and that would neither be nice nor accurate.

I don't think you missed anything about Rico, it just gave you a headache so you didn't process any of it.
Well, I don't disagree that she is completely off meta, but she is still somewhat off meta from my standpoint. Her post content is just completely devoid of any interest in hunting baddies, and what she has contributed comes across as very compatible with a contrived, manufactured perspective. Is there any post or set of posts in particular that ring genuine to you, perhaps? Maybe that'll assist our dissonance here, since it appears our difference in perspective is really just a different interpretation of her behavior. I can recognize yours, with that said.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Yeah, same here. I guess I can see that perspective, but I don't even remotely agree with it, and I think Rico's done plenty that is easily compatible with a town-minded outlook, even if initially a very salty one.
This is some Mandela Effect Berenstein/Berenstain Bears type shit. I'm definitely reading the thread INH is reading.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Looks like Rico's getting lynched, so here's to hoping I'm an idiot.
Same. I've been frequently wrong before though, so it won't surprise me, even if I just cannot fathom Rico's behavior as mafia in this game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S, thanks. I'd be curious to hear more from you once you've finished reading back too. :D
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

So it is Thursday. AND added to my already busy Thursday (homeschool group day), we had band practice tonight instead of last night. So, I haven't been on here all day. I just got home and have no time to catch up. I will vote Rico. I don't know if he is bad or not. But I know I am not. And well....better save a civ over someone you aren't 100% sure is a civ.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

This is where you lose me. This is not Rico's post history. Rico has given as much effort on Day 2 to APPEAR TO assess non-Mac people as anyone else -- probably more than the mean even.
Fixed.
That's precisely where our dissonance is coming from. I think it appears genuine.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:

Even though I disagree with you on various people, I agree that perception / accusation is either misguided or nefarious. Hell, I'm mindmelding pretty insanely with Jay right now, so someone could accuse me of the same thing, and I feel like there are small groups of us doing that right now. So to accuse you of it just seems inappropriate, especially given your d2 content. I could maybe see it holding water for d1, but you've contributed plenty this phase. Thanks for that.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”