Total votes: 0
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: MAD MAX: Day 3

Post by Tangrowth »

Bah, sorry folks, I'm really caught up with this. I'll be back when I can.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Elohcin »

MacDougall wrote:I am interested to see what Elo has to say.

I am placing a vote for spirityo.
Why are you placing a vote for Sprit? Just curious.

Also, in my defense, why would I kill Epi Night 1. Sure, this is a game and I keep my RL separate for purposes of the game. I am not going to stand by my love through thick and thin, Day and Night, teammates or not. I am not nuts. I can keep the game separate from my undying love for him in RL :D. But within my memory of games (which I admit isn't awesome) I've maybe killed Epi once, and I think it was late in the game when we were about to win. I think I have tried getting him lynched maybe once when I really thought he was bad, even though he wasn't. If there are other options available, I tend to try and let Epi live. Unless he is a real threat, I am not going to kill him. And in this game, he admitted that he had nothing on me. I wasn't worried about him. But...I guess I should have been. B/c apparently him voting for me made everyone squeemish. "Oh wow, Epi always reads Elo so well. He must know she is bad." yada yada yada. Makes me wonder if he had never voted me if anyone would be looking my way.

I like Sloonei's new take on the whole matter. Not only b/c it is better for me personally, but because it make sense. And I do think Lorab has been a sneaky sneak this game. I said as much yesterday or sometime.

I am not sure who I will vote yet. But I have to get my head out of mafia for a few hours.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Elohcin wrote:

Also, in my defense, why would I kill Epi Night 1. Sure, this is a game and I keep my RL separate for purposes of the game. I am not going to stand by my love through thick and thin, Day and Night, teammates or not. I am not nuts. I can keep the game separate from my undying love for him in RL :D. But within my memory of games (which I admit isn't awesome) I've maybe killed Epi once, and I think it was late in the game when we were about to win. I think I have tried getting him lynched maybe once when I really thought he was bad, even though he wasn't. If there are other options available, I tend to try and let Epi live. Unless he is a real threat, I am not going to kill him. And in this game, he admitted that he had nothing on me. I wasn't worried about him. But...I guess I should have been. B/c apparently him voting for me made everyone squeemish. "Oh wow, Epi always reads Elo so well. He must know she is bad." yada yada yada. Makes me wonder if he had never voted me if anyone would be looking my way.

I like Sloonei's new take on the whole matter. Not only b/c it is better for me personally, but because it make sense. And I do think Lorab has been a sneaky sneak this game. I said as much yesterday or sometime.

I am not sure who I will vote yet. But I have to get my head out of mafia for a few hours.
You would kill Epi night 1 because he can read you. Also, "Unless he is a real threat, I am not going to kill him. And in this game, he admitted that he had nothing on me. I wasn't worried about him." sounds like there is something on you that he could have had. Why would you be worried about him having something on you if you're civ? Also, why does it matter if you weren't worried about him if you don't have a kill? This whole post makes me more suspicious of you.

Also, You did not say yesterday that I've been a sneaky sneak this game--only that you always read me as being sneaky and that you can't decide if you always read me this way or if you think I'm bad this game. I am not.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DrWilgy wrote:Back from camping. What did I miss?
You missed giving any reason why you think I'm bad. Nor have you responded to any thing I've said in defense of myself. Nor did you post when you voted. Fly by votes did not become a thing that are appreciated while you were camping--but hope you had fun. Also, I'm not bad.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

LoRab wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

You would kill Epi night 1 because he can read you. Also, "Unless he is a real threat, I am not going to kill him. And in this game, he admitted that he had nothing on me. I wasn't worried about him." sounds like there is something on you that he could have had. Why would you be worried about him having something on you if you're civ? Also, why does it matter if you weren't worried about him if you don't have a kill? This whole post makes me more suspicious of you.

Also, You did not say yesterday that I've been a sneaky sneak this game--only that you always read me as being sneaky and that you can't decide if you always read me this way or if you think I'm bad this game. I am not.
1. Who are you to tell me what I would do? I would not kill Epi Night 1 even if he could read me as well as he thinks he can. He is my husband. I know he enjoys mafia. I would never just kick him out b/c I am afraid he will read me one way or the other. That is just as absurd as keeping him around if I truly think he is bad.

2. There is ALWAYS something for someone to have on someone else in a game of Mafia. Whether that thing is true or not is another story. When Epi said he was going to vote me, I honestly took it as a joke. So much that I didn't even bother to go click on "view results" b/c I didn't think he actually did it.

3. It matters that I wasn't worried about him b/c... if I WERE bad and if I WERE worried about him, then I would have killed him. But, when neither of those things are in play....his kill cannot be blamed on me. So, I am telling you, you cannot blame ME for Epi's kill. That is why it matters.

4. Do I have to use the exact same word each time I talk? Am I an old robot? No, I can say sneak one day and sneaky-sneak another and it means the same thing.

I think your reaction post to mine sounds like a scared Lorab who has been found out.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfy's recent few posts are so clearly waffling I am considering switching.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I'm here now but I'm not really here.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I see LoRab has decided that Elohcin killed SVS to silence her. What convinced you of this, LoRab?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

Im here but have Monday morning catchups and meetings and shit
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Heyyy the famous quin from PWYW is here
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:When I pressed you for thoughts on him, this was your response:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll leave others to comment. Between the two, I think INH is more suspicious than Zebra. His eulogy thing was unnecessary at least.
When his wagon remained a viable lynch option, you said he was a town read but, to my knowledge, never gave much reason why. I remember that you felt he and zebra looked good for their interactions with Epi on Night 1, but what is there beyond that?
Your suspicion of him in many ways looks familiar to my own incorrect suspicion of him in The Office, and Golden's incorrect suspicion of him in Red vs. Blue. He has a particular way of playing, and of conveying his defenses of himself, that at face value appear deflective and discrediting of his accusers. I don't think he's the type to acknowledge the soundness of a point made against him even if a majority of others feel it is sound.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MacDougall wrote:Let me elaborate on the Jimmy INH thing.

JJJ had civ reads of both INH and Rico. He vociferously defended Rico but only passively defended INH. Perhaps he as Mafia had the safe zone of knowing he was right about Rico but also had concerns about so blatantly defending INH for fear of an INH flip looking bad for him if he did defend him.
Is there any other reason you think I'm scum other than 3J passively defending me?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 125

Post by DrWilgy »

LoRab wrote:
You missed giving any reason why you think I'm bad. Nor have you responded to any thing I've said in defense of myself. Nor did you post when you voted. Fly by votes did not become a thing that are appreciated while you were camping--but hope you had fun. Also, I'm not bad.
yo yo yo

I totally said "Back from camping. What did I miss?" when I voted, don't spread false info.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote:
LoRab wrote:
yo yo yo

I totally said "Back from camping. What did I miss?" when I voted, don't spread false info.
I like your vote well enough, but I'd also like to know why you did it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

At this point, I'd be more likely to vote Lorab than Elo. I don't necessarily think that SVS was killed for some elaborate Elochin frame job, but Lorab's opportunistic bandwagon hoppery with him jumping on both my case and Elo's out of nowhere gets my goat to a larger degree than the case against Elo, which has gotten pretty stale over the days with less and less new evidence coming out against her.

Lorab is someone on my list of people I had planned to ISO, that I haven't gotten around to yet. Idk, maybe I'm just biased because he went after me for, in my subjective opinion, less than reasonable reasons.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

voting Lorab for now.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Football is done and we have an hour and a half til the deadline. Let's get busy.

nice vote inh.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Lorab
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, I'm here. /exhausted

Gonna try catching up now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: MAD MAX: Night 2

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The graduate school application process is going to drive Neil Hartley to drinking.
Oh my god, it's the worst. I empathize.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: MAD MAX: Night 2

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Except I'm also having doubts about MP now, as a few of my catch-up posts indicated. I am not sure his behavior at the end of Day 2 was totally consistent.

I think there were a few good points made against sprityo too, but that's like ancient history now.
Can you elaborate? What other concerns can I address? This is the second time now someone is calling my behavior inconsistent; first, I am not sure how that is the case, and second, I am not sure how, pending showing me that it is the case, that would make me mafia-aligned.
The two posts you addressed. And you addressed them fine. The latter was my bad, as I got on you for it before I finished my catch up, but I still wanted to see how you'd respond so I stuck to my guns.
Okay, cool, thanks. Let me know if there's anything else we can chat about.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

It's simple my dear Sloon!
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Glad Epi is dead. I was gut feeling him as bad and this makes my life easier.

Someone tl;dr me for day/night 1.
So, a civ is very likely dead and you are glad about it? Hrm.
First LoRab draws attention to me and does nothing with it. Especially when the LoRab ignores my questioning of the attention draw as seen below:
DrWilgy wrote:@Sloonei I gut read you as bad from me due to a feeling of dancing around the pizza last night. A forced non-grasping of the Rico situation. This is heavily dependent upon other's alignements though.

@Sprityo I gut read you due to your request of wishing to team with Mac following mine.

@Lorab, yes that is what I stated. Your point?
After this, LoRab jumps at the fact that She called me out for expressing happiness at a successful kill (see below)
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Omoshiroi desu ne?
Is LoRab still bad?
Yes. Rico's alignment in my head was more based on Lorab. Lorab is still bad tho.
Except that I'm not. If you care to say why you think I'm bad, please do. Thus far, your reasoning for suspecting me was based on my voting not for Ricoh to swing the pendulum away from him--we now know that he was neutral and didn't have a team. So....why do you think I'm bad?

Is it because I called you out for expressing happiness that the mafia had a successful kill?
The above still wasn't responded to. What was the point of calling it out? was it alignment telling? and how so? The questions still stands "Your point?"
LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Glad Epi is dead. I was gut feeling him as bad and this makes my life easier.

Someone tl;dr me for day/night 1.
So, a civ is very likely dead and you are glad about it? Hrm.
His post caught my attention as well. Did I make a mistake letting it go based on the fact that it came from Wilgy? I don't think so.

Sloonei mentioned in a post that you were pinged by 3J's roleplay earlier, LoRab. Can you elaborate on why? Was there a reason to suspect him for it in this specific case, or is it based on principle?
Based on principle. That's a behavior that always pings my suspiciometer. However, he's had high content and has broken character enough at this point and I don't suspect him. At least not currently.
And then... Finally points out the subject of me being bad, while still not acknowledging my question. Only brought it back up to attention because Quin did. Why ignore my question if you really thought I was bad LoRab?

And that's it for what LoRab has stated to highten my suspicions. Below is what LoRab has done, and LoRabs response to my vote yesterday.
LoRab wrote:Thanks for birthday wishes!!
DrWilgy wrote:Why Rico and Lorab are most likely bad together: Rico had the lead for way too long without another vote dropping on him. Lorabs vote had way too much momentum swinging the other way as well.

Time for me to catch up now.

Linki: there it is.
Except not. Also, it may be because I had several drinks, but I'm not even sure I get what you're saying. Regardless, I'm not bad. Also, now knowing the lynch result, not rico'a teammate
I still stand by the fact LoRab's vote held too much momentum, for someone who didn't seem to know who they wanted to vote for fully at the time especially. The icing on the cake is the colored. Why did that need to be mentioned? If LoRab was truly civ I don't think the thought of "I don't know Rico's outcome" would've been broadcasted, as it's a background natural thought of a civ.

And that's why I think LoRab is bad. If you have no more questions please take a pamphlet on your way out :D
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:I initially accused JJJ of seeming like he was trying too hard with his roleplaying. But that was to see his reaction. I was trying to feel him out as I was not sure about him. But...I later said that even though his role playing confuses me and that I don't like it, I still think he is civ. So...not sure what you are talking about when you bring up the word suspicion.
I don't buy this. You seemed plenty sincere in your accusation.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I initially accused JJJ of seeming like he was trying too hard with his roleplaying. But that was to see his reaction. I was trying to feel him out as I was not sure about him. But...I later said that even though his role playing confuses me and that I don't like it, I still think he is civ. So...not sure what you are talking about when you bring up the word suspicion.
MP can you link me to the accusation?
Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

Sloonei, Mac quoted my condensed case. I don't recall seeing you comment on it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MP can you link me to the accusation?
Sure, give me just a second to dig into her ISO.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Jimmy you keep making really dickless inference to me being bad but ain't said shit yet. You just tryna discredit me because I am fucking legit and you can't touch me and want to be me.
When you talk like this you're usually bad, so cool.
Can you back this up? I am not inclined to believe it is true, but I haven't played many games with Mac in the last... three years or so.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Here are the relevant bits of Elo talking about JJJ / Neil Hartley chronologically from d1-d2:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It pains me to disparage a lady, but I do believe Elohcin's response to that random vote from her husband was a bit lifeless. Considering she is here to see Neil Hartley live and in the flesh, I know she isn't that bored. The look on her face, it's giving Neil the wrong impression.
:ponder:
So yeah, it was like after midnight when I posted that response to Epi. Maybe that's why it seems lifeless. Last night was my monthly ladies night out and I didn't come home until I had my fill of caramel apple sangria.

I cannot even remember what emoji I used. Wait....I do remember. Was it was "I'm wacko" one :omg: ...I think so. That emoji makes me think of someone being crazy and silly with their post/vote. I actually didn't even look to see he ACTUALLY voted for me. I thought he was kidding at the time. Maybe I ought to vote him back :p But probably not as I might be voting to save myself with it being so close and all.

I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

I'll hold off on voting for now.
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

I'll hold off on voting for now.
The "trying too hard" argument bothers me, but I'm not sure I find you suspicious for it. I just don't agree. Also, Neil Hartley has nothing to do with Mad Max.
Then I'm even more confused. Posting on my phone and have no clue how to so multiple quotes
..so posting this now and will most likely post again.
Elohcin wrote:I honestly don't know what to say in defence. There is nothing to defend against. Your role playing or lack thereof confuses me.
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I honestly don't know what to say in defence. There is nothing to defend against. Your role playing or lack thereof confuses me.
I'll take a break to state it clearly:

There is nothing inherently suspicious about roleplay. Sometimes people just want to goof around and have a little fun in Mafia games. There are always people who cast suspicion for it though, and some of those are smearers. Your suspicion of me looked fake, like you had to squeeze your brain really hard to generate something bad to say about the roleplay.
I don't ever squeeze my brain very hard this early in a game. I honestly thought it was weird behavior on your part. :shrug:
Elohcin wrote:
LoRab wrote:Epi expressed suspicion of Elo earlier, which interests me because they read each other well. Would love for him to elaborate on his thoughts.
I seriously thought his actions were a joke or trying to get a rise out of me or something. I think my reaction was what would determine his thoughts of me. Too bad I had to react after midnight after several drinks (when I don't drink often at all). It probably is what started me off on the wrong track for this game.

Now, as for my vote today (Day 1 :ike: ) I can see where scotty can be bad. I am moving my vote there. I don't want to vote BWT if I don't have to. Hate to lose a possible civ position even if it's a quiet one.
Elohcin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Elohcin's response to Neil Hartley early in the game is something I've been getting hung up on. Something about it strikes me as a feigned effort to appear confused for the sake of casting speculation. I am wary of people who latch onto roleplay as a basis for suspicion early on. LoRab did the same thing, if I remember correctly. I suppose those are the two that I'm thinking about most at the moment, but it's been a slow start for me and I'm still not out of the preliminary reads stage of the process.
Funny thing is...I'm still confused by the whole Neil Hartley thing.

@ Zebra - No offense taken. I was confused. Someone mentioned he was roleplaying. So I said I knew nothing of MadMax and then someone else said it had nothing to do with MadMax. THAT is confusing to me.

This is as far as I am getting at the moment. I still have almost two pages to read. I'll be back in a while.
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:However, I don't agree with JJJ and his vote for me. Epi said it himself that he had no reason for voting/suspecting me.
One of the reasons you've gotten the attention of Neil Hartley for the wrong reasons is that you keep attributing my suspicion of you to Epignosis. Don't get me wrong, Epi is a top gentleman. He knows his stuff. You're talking to Neil though. You know, the main event? The man under the spotlight with the microphone who's been crooning the evening away so divinely? You're talking to me, not Epignosis.
It's weird. I don't know what it is. But your role-playing makes me cringe. (I'm not trying to be mean, just honest.) I think there are multiple reasons for this. First, you have always been such a logical, reasonable player. And this act seems to be the opposite to that. The second reason is difficult for me to explain. I am a very matter-of-fact person. Black and white. The role playing unnerves me for some reason and I think its b/c it seems like you are hiding behind it. Like you don;t have to be real or talk about real issues of the game b/c you are roleplaying. Maybe I am the one being weird, or who IS weird. Maybe I am bringing my own personality issues into this and shouldn't be. FWIW, I think you are civ.
In none of this do I see any compelling reason to believe Elohcin was manufacturing her suspicion of JJJ to "get a reaction". Other perspectives would be appreciated.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Help I can't open my chip bag

linki - Oh ty boss
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm...

Can we get a 3 way tie going?
Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Seems Sloonei already covered this as well.

This is why I should catch up first before posting probably.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Quin, how caught up are you? Would you feel comfortable giving us any sort of list of reads or general thoughts at this point?
I don't have a list just yet, but one of the biggest thoughts in my mind right now is that I need to suck it up and actually scrutinise the shit storms that went on over the past few days, specifically involving Mac, zebra, MP and 3J (forgive me if I left anyone out). The content of those conversations were slightly repulsive and turned me off reading them, and in hindsight I'm wondering if that was intentional.
I was involved in a shit storm? Lol.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

no takers on the three way??? I'll put my vote back on LoRab if not ;__;
Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LoRab wrote:Svs strikes me as an off target for a kill. She didn't have a lot of posts (for her). And didn't seem to have any extraordinary opinions that would warrant a kill. She did have some points against mac (particularly that either rico or him was likely mafia) and points against elo. The question is if there is framing going on or if one of them is bad. This definitely makes elo look more suspish in my book. The question I have is if she's being framed; but would mafia use their first two kills in order to frame someone? I'm undecided on that question.
S~V~S was being generally town read by folks here, yours truly included, so that's something.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:SVS was killed early in Romance after not doing a whole lot. I wonder if the same person or persons made the call. That would make MP the guy ironically lol.

Glorfindel's most recent post is bang on his scum meta.
I killed S~V~S in ROT3K? I don't think I even made that kill.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

DrWilgy wrote:no takers on the three way??? I'll put my vote back on LoRab if not ;__;
This is my contribution
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

WOO!!!
Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:Catching Up.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:However, I don't agree with JJJ and his vote for me. Epi said it himself that he had no reason for voting/suspecting me.
One of the reasons you've gotten the attention of Neil Hartley for the wrong reasons is that you keep attributing my suspicion of you to Epignosis. Don't get me wrong, Epi is a top gentleman. He knows his stuff. You're talking to Neil though. You know, the main event? The man under the spotlight with the microphone who's been crooning the evening away so divinely? You're talking to me, not Epignosis.
It's weird. I don't know what it is. But your role-playing makes me cringe. (I'm not trying to be mean, just honest.) I think there are multiple reasons for this. First, you have always been such a logical, reasonable player. And this act seems to be the opposite to that. The second reason is difficult for me to explain. I am a very matter-of-fact person. Black and white. The role playing unnerves me for some reason and I think its b/c it seems like you are hiding behind it. Like you don;t have to be real or talk about real issues of the game b/c you are roleplaying. Maybe I am the one being weird, or who IS weird. Maybe I am bringing my own personality issues into this and shouldn't be. FWIW, I think you are civ.
Irony much?

This is the same kind of shit people gave Dom for in roleplaying his Donald Trump impression in a recent game. He contributed more original content while roleplaying than nearly everyone else playing that game. I believe JJJ is doing the same here.

You say you find him civilian now, but JJJ has been providing content even while roleplaying since the start of the game. What has changed? How did you come to a different conclusion?
Citation needed.
Citation needed? Pretty sure I observed the same thing in that game. I can find it I guess though if you want.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote:I may be odd, but I'm not bad. I came out with a theory that was just a theory. I was throwing out an idea. Of course I wasn't sure if it. I did think the svs kill strange and I didn't perceive her as a "consensus civ." I personally wasn't sure of her until she was killed. So yes, I thought her an odd choice. I often add caveats of u sureness to theories because they are just theories and I tend to question my own ideas. And my conclusion, if you read my post, is that Eli is suspicious. That it could have been a frame thing I mentioned as a possibility, but one less likely than her being bad.

I can't help being strange. It won't be the first or last time it has gotten me a vote. But I strut you that I am not bad. And if theorizing about what the baddies were thinking when they made a kill, then I'm not sure I understand how other people think about this game. That's what I do as a civ. I try to figure out the baddies. When I saw the kill, I immediately looked up svs's posts. Eli's was a name I had noticed, -'d was a player I already had suspicion of. I thought it worthy to mention, and shared my thought process. That's really what that post was.

I don't really know what else to say other than reiterate that I am. It bad.

Also, I have another more than 12 hour work day coming up, and I'm not sure how much I'll be on. So voting now. Voting elo.
My objection was not that you were speculating about SVS's kill, but that your speculation went to a peculiar place right away. I've been stressing all day long that "SVS was killed to by/to frame Elohcin" is nowhere near the first theory I would entertain, but it does seem to be the first place your mind went.

You also claim (highlighted) that Elohcin is a player you had previous suspicion of, but your post history absolutely does not back this up. I pointed out last night that the closest you came to suspecting Elohcin before SVS's death was to say that she "isn't sitting right", with no substantial reason to back this thought up. The way you came out of the gate today trying to pass the nightkill off as anything involving Elohcin at all just looks out of place and opportunistic, and for you to try to shrug it off now as "odd" is not helping me feel better about it.

linki out the wazoo
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
LoRab wrote:Svs strikes me as an off target for a kill. She didn't have a lot of posts (for her). And didn't seem to have any extraordinary opinions that would warrant a kill. She did have some points against mac (particularly that either rico or him was likely mafia) and points against elo. The question is if there is framing going on or if one of them is bad. This definitely makes elo look more suspish in my book. The question I have is if she's being framed; but would mafia use their first two kills in order to frame someone? I'm undecided on that question.
Except MP killed pretty much in the same spot in the game in 3 Romance.

MP buddies me.
MP buddies teh roleplayer
MP kills SVS

Hmmm....
What is your deal? I'm not buddying you or anyone else in this game. I didn't kill S~V~S here and I don't even recall killing her in ROT3K; frankly, my "participation" in that game was abysmal. We missed most of our kills.

You're making seemingly no effort to comprehend a perspective where my actions in this game could be coming from a town perspective. You're making seemingly no effort to judge me based on the content or behavior of me this game independent of ROT3K. And you keep talking about me as if I'm not even in the same room as you here. Please let me know what I can do to address your concerns.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And, that said, let me make it clear that despite agreeing with Jay extensively this phase (which I didn't really feel so much during d1), I still disagree with him on the level of confidence in my town read of Rico, among other things. I have him as a slight town read for a reason; he's certainly not my most confident read.
This looks like you're setting up to not be a primary target after the baddie Rico flip.
If that was what I am doing, which I am not, then surely I'm not doing a good job of it, precisely due to your post right here. If that's how you interpret my behavior, so be it. I don't know Rico's alignment. I'm defending him for clearly stated reasons and my perspective. I have no knowledge of anyone's alignment but my own.
Why don't you drink both glasses of wine in front of us?
Sloonei wrote:I just got home and I have two immediate thoughts:
1. Hi Quin
2. What's up with Dom?
You rang?
MacDougall wrote:Quin you seem good so far.

So all my leads are pretty dead. Reassess time.
I agree.

You should vote MP.

Except MP killed pretty much in the same spot in the game in 3 Romance.

MP buddies me.
MP buddies teh roleplayer
MP kills SVS

Hmmm....
I am quite compelled by this.
What's so compelling about it?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:in front of us?
Sloonei wrote:I just got home and I have two immediate thoughts:
1. Hi Quin
2. What's up with Dom?
You rang?
Yes. You've made lots of short, 1-2 word answers and cast a total outlier vote yesterday. Now you've come in today with the same approach, directing all your attention on MP. But I'm not convinced. Because you're not really saying anything about him. Convince me.
Lol here we go again. I am finding Dom's MP argument very compelling and you are not. Maybe you aren't actually trying to. Because you don't really want to find bad guys.
So because Sloonei doesn't agree with you, he maybe isn't trying? Walk me through this logic.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Anyone wanna vote MP or Zebra and make this a 4 way? :grin:
Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What are all our thoughts on Dom?
I still think he looks town. I don't really think his attacks on MP appear manipulative. I see a person who is perceiving a strong parallel to RoTTK and is pursuing that angle diligently. The worst I could say is that he had a quiet Day 2. That's not a big issue to me. I'm not a fan of his isolated vote either I guess. Some people do that.
Why do you think they don't appear manipulative? It's becoming increasingly difficult for me to judge this fairly, I feel, given that I am the continued target of his accusations and I don't feel like he is even giving me a chance.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:Anyone wanna vote MP or Zebra and make this a 4 way? :grin:
Do you suspect either of us?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:Anyway, I believe MP is trying to employ his RoTK gameplay without his meltdown(s) to try and win this game. i think he would have been more successful in that game without his meltdown(s).

He buddied me in that game. I was also role playing early in that game. He defended me against those claims. This is not something I see civ MP doing because he wouldn't see roleplaying as a sign of civilian play or baddie play. He would read it as a neutral write off. Therefore, I see MP employing the exact same strategy he used in the previous game where he was bad. Also he killed SVS in an almost identical part of the game.
You're speaking as if my meltdowns in ROT3K, or any other game for that matter, are faked. The only time I ever faked a meltdown was in Roger Rabbit.

Furthermore, your logic is dubious, and it is based on an incorrect assessment. I never said that roleplaying itself is a sign of civilian or baddie play. Show me where I said that. I said that players can operate in a civilian fashion, offering genuine content all the while roleplaying, in contrast to the accusation that people use roleplay to "hide" from providing content. JJJ has provided plenty of content in this game despite roleplaying. You did the same in ROT3K. Those are both facts, independent of my alignment in either game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:Anyway, I believe MP is trying to employ his RoTK gameplay without his meltdown(s) to try and win this game. i think he would have been more successful in that game without his meltdown(s).

He buddied me in that game. I was also role playing early in that game. He defended me against those claims. This is not something I see civ MP doing because he wouldn't see roleplaying as a sign of civilian play or baddie play. He would read it as a neutral write off. Therefore, I see MP employing the exact same strategy he used in the previous game where he was bad. Also he killed SVS in an almost identical part of the game.
I suppose what I want most is actual evidence that he's buddying you. It's possible I missed something, but all I can recall is that you accused him of buddying for listing you as a town read on his initial rainbow. That's inconclusive. You made a few points early about his "inconsistent voice", I think, but I haven't seen much development since then. Got anything new to add? He made a lot of posts at the end of the day yesterday.
TBH I would have to reread his posts. I am very tired and caught up on ~10 pages pretty quick.
This would be appreciated by me. I'd like to try and engage you on this because I don't feel like you're fairly considering anything I'm saying and instead fitting every bit of behavior in this game to a preconceived perspective (me being bad).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:Spirityo, Glorfindel, MP, Sloonei profile as possible team imo.
Why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, I see I have an ISO of me to read and respond to. I'll look at it later; in the interest of time, I'd prefer to keep reading. This post is to keep me accountable. Someone keep me accountable if I don't do this.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:I may be odd, but I'm not bad. I came out with a theory that was just a theory. I was throwing out an idea. Of course I wasn't sure if it. I did think the svs kill strange and I didn't perceive her as a "consensus civ." I personally wasn't sure of her until she was killed. So yes, I thought her an odd choice. I often add caveats of u sureness to theories because they are just theories and I tend to question my own ideas. And my conclusion, if you read my post, is that Eli is suspicious. That it could have been a frame thing I mentioned as a possibility, but one less likely than her being bad.

I can't help being strange. It won't be the first or last time it has gotten me a vote. But I strut you that I am not bad. And if theorizing about what the baddies were thinking when they made a kill, then I'm not sure I understand how other people think about this game. That's what I do as a civ. I try to figure out the baddies. When I saw the kill, I immediately looked up svs's posts. Eli's was a name I had noticed, -'d was a player I already had suspicion of. I thought it worthy to mention, and shared my thought process. That's really what that post was.

I don't really know what else to say other than reiterate that I am. It bad.

Also, I have another more than 12 hour work day coming up, and I'm not sure how much I'll be on. So voting now. Voting elo.
The highlighted portion resonates with me some. I do this pretty much every time a player is night killed. Judging what motivated a baddie team to choose a specific kill is always a shaky thing, but it's also quite wasteful to not bother at all. To check the post history of the deceased for any meaningful leads and then bring them into the thread for discussion is fine with me.

I also reiterate that I think opportunist baddies who have delivered a frame kill are usually not the ones who bring it up publicly. They don't literally promote their frame job in the thread, because that's extremely transparent. The point of a frame kill is to be subtle, and to move the townies toward a false suspicion. They almost always get there without being nudged. That nudging itself would be the most obvious way of assuring a frame kill doesn't have its intended consequence for the baddies.

Some players might do it anyway, those who favor playing with their WIFOM in your face. I don't think LoRab is that person.
Of course the highlighted strategy is a beneficial way to play the game. But do you think LoRab is being genuine here? This post seems primarily focused on things that aren't really relevant to the case I made against her, and this concerns me. I make no objections to the notion that LoRab was proposing an explanation for the nightkill. I had previously asked for people's thoughts on the matter. I am objecting to the specific theory that she laid out. Do you agree or disagree that "The mafia killed SVS to either save or frame Elohcin" is an odd assumption to make about that kill?

And to your second paragraph I would say that I do not think last night's kill was a frame job. Rather, it looks to me like LoRab is just jumping on it as an opportunity to push for Elohcin's lynch. Eloh was a good, easy lynch target entering the day; she's exactly the type of player a baddie would be inclined to push a bandwagon against. And LoRab came out pushing that wagon right off the bat today after having remarkably little to say about Eloh on Days 1 & 2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”