JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: MAD MAX: Day 9

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't struggle to see a reality where Quin is the last baddie and over the last two day phases he's been trying to force the win by mislynching Dom. I'm open to talking about that.
I have been voting for Dom since before we were in Lylo, so that's not it.
You don't have information either, so I'm forced to ask myself these questions. You never voted for Glorfindel and you haven't given Epignosis much of your attention. You've actively campaigned to lynch someone else.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

Hey 3J.

I'm going to make up riddles to satisfy my intrinsic desire to give you clues as to who my teammate could be. :feb:

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Go for it. I make no promise to put any weight in anything you say. :p
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Go for it. I make no promise to put any weight in anything you say. :p
Aw, never mind then. I'm tired.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Me too. I wish y'all would have released me from this homework ages ago.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei must be plotting his approach to the final day in the baddie chat.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't struggle to see a reality where Quin is the last baddie and over the last two day phases he's been trying to force the win by mislynching Dom. I'm open to talking about that.
You don't have information either, so I'm forced to ask myself these questions. You never voted for Glorfindel and you haven't given Epignosis much of your attention. You've actively campaigned to lynch someone else.
I'm actively campaigning to lynch someone who is bad. Information or not, pretty much the only thing I have felt confident in since Day 6 is this read. I intend to keep voting this way. Even with Epi now doing the thing he is doing.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I intend to keep voting this way. Even with Epi now doing the thing he is doing.
What if there are unseen shenanigans that might affect the tally and disrupt the lynch because it is too close? What do you hope to gain from your voting behavior?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I intend to keep voting this way. Even with Epi now doing the thing he is doing.
What if there are unseen shenanigans that might affect the tally and disrupt the lynch because it is too close? What do you hope to gain from your voting behavior?
What if I'm not bad and I'm just throwing the game?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I know you enjoy your neener neeners, but I don't think that's something you'd do. You're a lot of things as a Mafia player, but one of those things is not petulant.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I hope to gain a dead baddie. The same question applies to you, but I imagine you'll have the same answer.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I know you enjoy your neener neeners, but I don't think that's something you'd do. You're a lot of things as a Mafia player, but one of those things is not petulant.
That's true. You all have fun. I promise not to interfere anymore. Too much on my plate.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I hope to gain a dead baddie. The same question applies to you, but I imagine you'll have the same answer.
Do you think that, as of right this moment, Dom is more likely to be a baddie than Epignosis?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Do you think that, as of right this moment, Dom is more likely to be a baddie than Epignosis?
Yes.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Yes.
That's hard to understand in a game where no roles have information.

We have:

1. Dom, a player for whom you have built a substantial case (and I understand your suspicion).

2. Epignosis, a player who has only barely come short of saying "yes, I'm bad".

?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Yes.
That's hard to understand in a game where no roles have information.

We have:

1. Dom, a player for whom you have built a substantial case (and I understand your suspicion).

2. Epignosis, a player who has only barely come short of saying "yes, I'm bad".

?
What's good enough for you is not good enough for me. Every time I look at Dom's post I see absolutely nothing but 'I am bad'. When I look at Epignosis I see 'I am suspicious'. I made my choice, and the thought of changing my mind feels like I'm hacking at my brain with a cheese grater.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:What's good enough for you is not good enough for me. Every time I look at Dom's post I see absolutely nothing but 'I am bad'. When I look at Epignosis I see 'I am suspicious'. I made my choice, and the thought of changing my mind feels like I'm hacking at my brain with a cheese grater.
I mean, I'm not even saying Epignosis is "suspicious". I'm not saying he "looks bad".

I'm saying he's conceded his lynch.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:What's good enough for you is not good enough for me. Every time I look at Dom's post I see absolutely nothing but 'I am bad'. When I look at Epignosis I see 'I am suspicious'. I made my choice, and the thought of changing my mind feels like I'm hacking at my brain with a cheese grater.
I mean, I'm not even saying Epignosis is "suspicious". I'm not saying he "looks bad".

I'm saying he's conceded his lynch.
Is that good enough for you to prioritise over the time that's been spent developing numerous cases on Dom, one which you and almost everyone else has entertained? I think you're choosing to lynch someone who's playing for the shits and giggles over someone who's every post is indicative of him being bad.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Is that good enough for you to prioritise over the time that's been spent developing numerous cases on Dom, one which you and almost everyone else has entertained? I think you're choosing to lynch someone who's playing for the shits and giggles over someone who's every post is indicative of him being bad.
No, I'm choosing the lynch the person who has admitted their guilt. It isn't a "read" anymore. He's a confirmed baddie. I don't understand what you mean.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The case against Dom could be the most riveting, compelling case to ever exist in a Mafia game and he still wouldn't be confirmed as Epi is. This is my confusion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:idk how else to tell you i'm not bad.
A good first step would be to stop trying. Defending yourself is less useful than finding the last baddie. That should be our only concern.
please tell me how to do that when i've been the lynch alternative in many lynches.
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
I'm actively campaigning to lynch someone who is bad. Information or not, pretty much the only thing I have felt confident in since Day 6 is this read. I intend to keep voting this way. Even with Epi now doing the thing he is doing.
LOL LISTENING TO MY REPSONSES MY ASS
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The case against Dom could be the most riveting, compelling case to ever exist in a Mafia game and he still wouldn't be confirmed as Epi is. This is my confusion.
Like Epi with Glorf, he just wants the game to end. ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The case against Dom could be the most riveting, compelling case to ever exist in a Mafia game and he still wouldn't be confirmed as Epi is. This is my confusion.
Like Epi with Glorf, he just wants the game to end. ;)
Why not do that after the Epi lynch when he wouldn't have to answer these obvious questions?

Y'all make no sense. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
A good first step would be to stop trying. Defending yourself is less useful than finding the last baddie. That should be our only concern.
please tell me how to do that when i've been the lynch alternative in many lynches.
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
LOL LISTENING TO MY REPSONSES MY ASS
I am listening. Your responses aren't cutting it. For a period you flat out refused to talk to me, which did not help.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin, you have given me zero evidence that you care about Sloonei. Show me that you care about Sloonei.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

He is not confirmed until there is a flip. Him conceding the lynch is just another piece of evidence to consider, and Dom still looks worse to me.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Quin, you have given me zero evidence that you care about Sloonei. Show me that you care about Sloonei.
I don't care about Sloonei. What investigation I have done on him hasn't put him anywhere near the same level as Dom.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
He is not confirmed until there is a flip. Him conceding the lynch is just another piece of evidence to consider, and Dom still looks worse to me.
In what universe is Epignosis ever town right now?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:What investigation I have done on him
This is a thing?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I don't know why that matters. We have to lynch a baddie or we lose. If it's not you, show us who it is. Make a case and sell the other townies. You're probably not going to be capable of clearing yourself in this situation. It's just reality.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
The universe that he's completely screwing with us. The universe that Dom's teammate is someone else. I still haven't looked into LoRab or Sloonei for that possibility.

In what universe is Dom ever town right now?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:What investigation I have done on him
This is a thing?
Sure. I don't know whether it's public or not, but I have read the posts of every single person in this game at least once.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
The universe that he's completely screwing with us.
That universe doesn't exist for a town Epignosis. He even said as much. He is a proud and competitive player who isn't going to throw a game away because of his own boredom. That's well beneath him and nearly anyone else. Would you ever do that?
Quin wrote:In what universe is Dom ever town right now?
The universe where you're bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
The universe that he's completely screwing with us.
That universe doesn't exist for a town Epignosis. He even said as much. He is a proud and competitive player who isn't going to throw a game away because of his own boredom. That's well beneath him and nearly anyone else. Would you ever do that?
Quin wrote:In what universe is Dom ever town right now?
The universe where you're bad.
That is not a universe that exists.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyway Quin: what do you think of Sloonei seldom poking around here lately without doing much?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Anyway Quin: what do you think of Sloonei seldom poking around here lately without doing much?
I have absolutely no opinion. He is not the type to shy the thread when he's bad, and I do not think that choosing not to post is something that should be considered suspicious.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In the Quin vs. Dom war of Day 9, here's the score:

Quin 1
Dom 0

1 point awarded to Quin for making and promoting a substantive case.
0 points awarded to Dom for playing defense and sort of/kind of giving an omgus against Quin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I might have given Quin 2 points, but I reduced it to 1 because I'm paranoid that he is deliberately ignoring the obviousness of Epi's alignment so he can continue pushing fruitlessly for his Dom mislynch. Even if he carries it into true LyLo he has the advantage of looking like he's invested.

I think it's illogical behavior. Logic and townies don't always mix though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sloonei must be plotting his approach to the final day in the baddie chat.
Got any pointers?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sloonei must be plotting his approach to the final day in the baddie chat.
Got any pointers?
You gonna WIFOM me on Day 9? You gonna WIFOM me at LyLo? How dare you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I might have given Quin 2 points, but I reduced it to 1 because I'm paranoid that he is deliberately ignoring the obviousness of Epi's alignment so he can continue pushing fruitlessly for his Dom mislynch. Even if he carries it into true LyLo he has the advantage of looking like he's invested.

I think it's illogical behavior. Logic and townies don't always mix though.
I'm not ignoring anything. There is a good chance Epi is bad, but there is a better chance that Dom is. If we're wrong we won't get another shot. So I'm not going to put my faith in a case that isn't as strong as the persons I've been pushing since Day 6 and have absolutely no reason to doubt.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

The Syndicate is giving me shit again, hopefully it sorts itself out soon. I'll be back when it has.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I was having issues too, but it's letting me in now. Hopefully that was a brief hiccup.

How would you feel if I refuse to vote for Dom today, Quin?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I was having issues too, but it's letting me in now. Hopefully that was a brief hiccup.

Anxious and upset. Do you refuse to vote for Dom?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Anyway Quin: what do you think of Sloonei seldom poking around here lately without doing much?
If it helps, I have not had a full day off in a week. That all changes tomorrow, I'm very excited.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I was having issues too, but it's letting me in now. Hopefully that was a brief hiccup.

Do you have an opinion on Epi?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:

It's fun because I think we're most likely arguing about the two baddies.

I'd be hard to convince though that the case against Dom is stronger than Epignosis resigning gracefully today.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:Do you have an opinion on Epi?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:

His sudden 180 is suspicious, but it is not the most suspicious thing and not something I am going to place a vote for at Lylo.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Do you have an opinion on Epi?
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”