Geddup Noise (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 1]

Post by Snow Dog »

I volunteered my receiving info because I am civ and wanted to help the civvy cause as much as possible.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by timmer »

Sorry everyone, I've got friends visiting and I'm out of the loop in the game. I'll try to tune back in soon!
My siggie.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:I highly doubt anyone will come forward. Especially not baddies at this point.
I figured it was worth a shot. :D
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

OK I read MOST of the posts, some I just had to skim.

I received info on the poll.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

juliets wrote:I don't under stand! Why have you lost interest , we're only on day 1 and its been a more active day 1 than I've seen in most games.
From a personal standpoint, a game that's too active loses my interest rather quick. When stuff dies down my interest picks back up eventually though.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
juliets wrote:I don't under stand! Why have you lost interest , we're only on day 1 and its been a more active day 1 than I've seen in most games.
From a personal standpoint, a game that's too active loses my interest rather quick. When stuff dies down my interest picks back up eventually though.
So you find nothing more interesting than something? That strikes me as an odd perspective.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Can you explain this a bit more? This read very :huh: to me for some reason.

As for the info stuff, I'm actually glad Daisy offered that clarification. Even though she probably didn't want to. And that clarification helps me feel a bit more comfortable about MP. For now anyway.

The problem now being that I feel like I'm back to square one. And more likely than not, I will have to place my vote tonight. I'm going out to celebrate a friend's birthday with some Italian food mmmmmmmmm, so I will be here until I leave in about an hour and a half, and I will spend a few hours mulling it over who I will be voting for.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

So I just found out my grandmother has died and I'm not feeling up to mafia at the moment, so I haven't caught up, sorry. I'll see if I feel up to it later tonight or something so I don't miss the vote, but I don't know yet. I guess this should be in OT green, but given it relates to my activity this game, I guess I'm keeping it normal color.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:So I just found out my grandmother has died and I'm not feeling up to mafia at the moment, so I haven't caught up, sorry. I'll see if I feel up to it later tonight or something so I don't miss the vote, but I don't know yet. I guess this should be in OT green, but given it relates to my activity this game, I guess I'm keeping it normal color.
That's so terrible, MP. Do what you gotta do.

BWT - I found DP's commentary there awfully odd too, but I took it to mean he likes it when the pace is less frenetic, not when there is no activity at all.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

MovingPictures07 wrote:So I just found out my grandmother has died and I'm not feeling up to mafia at the moment, so I haven't caught up, sorry. I'll see if I feel up to it later tonight or something so I don't miss the vote, but I don't know yet. I guess this should be in OT green, but given it relates to my activity this game, I guess I'm keeping it normal color.
:( I'm so sorry.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

Many condolences, Alex. :(
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Elohcin »

So sorry, Alex. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Epignosis »

Never a good feeling. You have my sympathy.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

:rip:

I agree 100% with DP and don't find his statement odd at all. If there's so much text that I have to make a special effort to read all of it, I'm likely to lose interest until I get a chance to catch up.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

Sorry to hear that, Alex :(
Vompatti wrote::rip:

I agree 100% with DP and don't find his statement odd at all. If there's so much text that I have to make a special effort to read all of it, I'm likely to lose interest until I get a chance to catch up.
ture, it often means a small number of players are posting a lot rather than lots of people posting a little, and it can get tedious to sit and read it all, especially when you don't have much of an opinion on the subjected being discussed/debated.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Oh no! So sorry man! Do what you have to do then. That definitely comes before mafia.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Because when I come back to a game and have so much to read, it almost begins to feel like a chore. That's one of the most common causes of me disappearing in games. :p

Aw man, so sorry to hear Alex! :(
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

That being said, I'm trying my hardest to be active in games this summer since I'm not doing much of anything.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by agleaminranks »

Sincerest condolences, Alex. Thoughts and best wishes to your family.

You guys put up one hell of a discussion. I spent half my afternoon trying to catch up.

I would like to have more time to stir on this, but I leave for third shift tonight and have to be up early tomorrow for family matters and won't have another opportunity to vote.

What most concerns me is the behind-the-scenes information regarding the first poll. Frankly, given the small number of allegiances, I find it unlikely that there would have been anyone who would not have received some sort of information regarding a possible additional result from the Day 1 poll, either beneficial or detrimental, as some people have indicated. I myself also received information on a certain location. It feels to me like the small number of locales available would have to have some sort of impact on every faction involved.

I'm of the suspicion that Alex received background information, and had a similar deduction to this, putting out feelers just to see who responded and who didn't with that sort of information. Anyone who answered truthfully given my suspicions are correct don't really raise any red flags in my eye, as all that confirms for me is that they are indeed possibly good or bad. Anonymous as they started out. I'm more suspicious of the people who claimed to have no background information whatsoever, for the reasons I've mentioned above. Hence, I must cast an early vote for the one I noticed being most adamant about their ignorance: Vomps.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Draconus »

This, amongst other reasons.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

agleaminranks wrote:Sincerest condolences, Alex. Thoughts and best wishes to your family.

You guys put up one hell of a discussion. I spent half my afternoon trying to catch up.

I would like to have more time to stir on this, but I leave for third shift tonight and have to be up early tomorrow for family matters and won't have another opportunity to vote.

What most concerns me is the behind-the-scenes information regarding the first poll. Frankly, given the small number of allegiances, I find it unlikely that there would have been anyone who would not have received some sort of information regarding a possible additional result from the Day 1 poll, either beneficial or detrimental, as some people have indicated. I myself also received information on a certain location. It feels to me like the small number of locales available would have to have some sort of impact on every faction involved.

I'm of the suspicion that Alex received background information, and had a similar deduction to this, putting out feelers just to see who responded and who didn't with that sort of information. Anyone who answered truthfully given my suspicions are correct don't really raise any red flags in my eye, as all that confirms for me is that they are indeed possibly good or bad. Anonymous as they started out. I'm more suspicious of the people who claimed to have no background information whatsoever, for the reasons I've mentioned above. Hence, I must cast an early vote for the one I noticed being most adamant about their ignorance: Vomps.
What?! I wasn't good enough for you? :p

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Because when I come back to a game and have so much to read, it almost begins to feel like a chore. That's one of the most common causes of me disappearing in games. :p

I figured that's what you meant. I just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth is all.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

I figured that's what you meant. I just wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth is all.
But he's a porcupine :|

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Devin the Omniscient wrote: But he's a porcupine :|
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

:haha:

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by DFaraday »

My prayers are with you, Alex.

And I don't think I'll be voting for MP, I don't think he was as flip-floppy as some are saying. I think this would just be another "MP gets lynched for being too talkative" mishap.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DFaraday wrote:My prayers are with you, Alex.

And I don't think I'll be voting for MP, I don't think he was as flip-floppy as some are saying. I think this would just be another "MP gets lynched for being too talkative" mishap.
^This.

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Matt »

I'm sorry about your grandma, MP. :(
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

So sorry for your loss MP
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Alex, condolences to you and your family. I'm sorry for your loss.
agleaminranks wrote:

agleam, I'm wondering if you might be new to mafia?

In games where info is given out before the day 0 poll it is most often given to just a few baddies, maybe only 1 from each team, a few civvies, an indy and the serial killer. If there are other factions they would get info in the same way. The key here is just a few people get information - not everybody. Maybe someone here has played a game where everybody got info before the poll but in my years of playing mafia I've never seen it. The baddies wouldnt need it to go to every player, they can just find out from the one on their team that got it and the civvs just don't all know. This is why Daisy says the day 0 polls are designed to facilitate discussion. There would be no discussion if everyone knew where to vote to get something, a prize or information. And thats another thing, you don't want to give away prizes or info to everyone.

For this reason I find your logic illogical for being suspicious of anyone who came forward and said they did not get information. In fact, there are a lot of people that didn't get info - more than did get info. All this is based on Daisy's statement that this would be an uncomplicated game which in my mind means some of these game mechanisms we always use will be "normal" and the unconventional unique stuff would be like giving us cartoon clips to start a day.

So the reason I ask if you are new is that if you are, I can see that you wouldn't know what the normal way is of doing things. If you're not new to the game I am a little pinged by your comments here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Hedgeowl »

Really sorry to hear about your Grandmother Alex. :(
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Popping in again to say I will not be voting agleaminranks. He gets killed early a lot for weird reasons (I can relate to this big time).

BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Post by BigDamnHero »

I'm still of the opinion that movingpictures is not to be trusted, and to keep things short for those who are finding it difficult to read through everything (I'm sincerely sorry for my part in all these lengthy diatribes, but I tend to get long-winded sometimes), I feel as though he was trying to steer conversations as a way to ingratiate himself amongst the civilian ranks. Because of this, I feel he has warranted my vote.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Popping in again to say I will not be voting agleaminranks. He gets killed early a lot for weird reasons (I can relate to this big time).
so he's not new to mafia?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

juliets wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Popping in again to say I will not be voting agleaminranks. He gets killed early a lot for weird reasons (I can relate to this big time).
He's played like two other games that I know of and died early in both.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bullzeye wrote:
juliets wrote:
He's played like two other games that I know of and died early in both.
Thanks you bullz - that qualifies him as "new" in my mind.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Ditto. That mixed with the fact day 1 suspicions are wrong literally 100% of the time I don't like trusting anyone's word first day and will just end up randomizing as usual. :p
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DP I wouldn't say it's literally 100%. Probably 99% though, but you do get the odd baddie lynched on day one for good reasons when civs get lucky.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Yeah those were hyperbole italics. Yes those are a thing now. I invented them. :D
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

That's a good idea. In fact it's the single greatest idea I've ever heard!!! (am I doing it right? :p )
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I didn't see any need for them there but you're on the right track. Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm not finding anyone thats pinging me which means I may go to my default day 1 vote and vote for a low poster. I hate to have to do that but it feels better than randoming amongst all voters. Maybe something will break here soon though and I don't have to do that

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

We still have 15 hours to vote right? I might leave mine til tomorrow afternoon and see what happens in that time.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Jc I don't want to be a low poster. You know I'm not and won't be. It's extre,ely odd that I'm away for a weekend. It's my first anniversary (and I got a pretty new ring ! ). Any hoo I had a shit crap day :(. And I decided to drown my sorrows on raspberry vodka.

Hurray for auto correct!
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Kate wrote:Jc I don't want to be a low poster. You know I'm not and won't be. It's extre,ely odd that I'm away for a weekend. It's my first anniversary (and I got a pretty new ring ! ). Any hoo I had a shit crap day :(. And I decided to drown my sorrows on raspberry vodka.

Hurray for auto correct!
:martini: Sorry you had a shit crap day Kate! You enjoy that delicious raspberry vodka!

And in case I didn't say it before: Happy Anniversary!!!

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ditto. That mixed with the fact day 1 suspicions are wrong literally 100% of the time I don't like trusting anyone's word first day and will just end up randomizing as usual. :p
Thank you!!! I like you DP! I was killed extremely early my first 3 games. Not fun. I may end up randomizing, too :p

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:I'm not finding anyone thats pinging me which means I may go to my default day 1 vote and vote for a low poster. I hate to have to do that but it feels better than randoming amongst all voters. Maybe something will break here soon though and I don't have to do that
DON'T YOU DARE VOTE FOR TIMMER!!! :haha:

(anyone not playing Into the Woods won't get this...move along...)
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks everyone. I hate bringing in bad news like that to the game arena, but it really caught me by surprise and I am sure will unfortunately prove to be relevant to my future level of participation (as will work and studying, which keep me much busier during the week than on the weekend, just a heads up). I’ll try to keep up as much as possible, assuming my mood and schedule both permitting, but I apologize to our host and all of you in advance if I fall behind or vanish for a while, which may be quite likely. With the funeral and other things planned this week (such as my Kansas concert), I don't know how much I'll be around this week/weekend... but considering I'm a mafia addict, I'm sure even my schedule and even this news won't keep me away entirely. Just a warning nonetheless.

First off, I’ll try to keep this as short as possible yet address everything I want to... which means it probably won’t end up being short by most of players’ standards, but I am trying my best! I had this game on the back of my mind at work today, so despite coming home to what I did, I still feel at least some desire to continue playing this game.

It is a very interesting development that Daisy has now confirmed what she has regarding the poll. Never before have I been more pleased to see a theory of mine to be debunked. I suppose we can chalk that up to the crazy paranoid category for my record book, though now I might just have an idea for a future game I host. :feb:

But back on topic, I agree then that there’s no harm in discussing information on Day 0 any further, so we should go forward with it if it is deemed beneficial. And sorry for derailing the thread, if anyone perceived it that way, but I was really getting into the discussion, and honestly that’s the most fun I’ve had picking apart possibilities for a Day 0 poll in quite a long time, which says quite a bit.

I agree that, now that we know the poll was more of a typical alignment poll (I suppose I shouldn’t have bet my life again, correct? Bummer), I do think there must be players lying, and I could see civvies lying as well in addition to baddies, even though that seems less likely to me. That being said, even though it might be difficult to discern who is lying about it, I want to stress I no longer see too much particular harm in discussing all of it.

I realize I overreacted to mentions of my name, but what can I say, I pretty much always become very attached to games I become invested in, and sometimes I become really intense (other players who’ve played with me even only a few times, but especially over the years, can vouch for this). It’s also pretty much in character for me in general; what I do really get into, I certainly attempt to give my absolute all. Consequently, it can be frustrating for me to get a ton of suspicion early on in games, so my reaction is far from out of character. It’s rare for me to advance to games beyond even the midpoint anymore, let alone to endgame; out of the many games I’ve played since '10, I'm pretty sure can count the number I've won on one hand. Again, I don’t play to win, but given how much I’ve been enjoying this game so far, I was upset to feel that no one seemed to be believing me and that I’d be gone so soon, especially since I love the theme as well. So hopefully that explains my train of thought if it wasn’t already clear.

On that note, Devin and others, regarding the discussion whether a mafia game is enjoyable or feels like a chore – I understand this. Even though I personally prefer when games get intense, if I am low on time and fall way behind in posts, especially the first few day periods, it can feel more like a chore to me at that time than not, and sometimes leads to me being replaced, which I hate doing. That said, I hope no one becomes discouraged this game just as a result of my incredibly long or intense posts nor anyone else’s; I hope everyone has fun because that is the point of the game. A mafia game can be like a roller coaster, so even if you don’t feel quite invested at the moment, don’t let it go, keep playing.

Gleam’s comments are interesting, though I entirely disagree in that I personally think most of us likely do not have information (except, by extension, all of the baddies). I have a question for you; do you think some players who said they did not have information were lying then?

Devin, you were not the one person to which I was referring as suspicious. I threw out suspicions of you earlier to bait payers (because I love doing this) and wanted to see if anyone would latch onto a suspicion of you and run with it, despite the risk that I have no idea which alignment you are. Interestingly, no one really did. What does this tell me about your alignment? Nothing, for now, but it was an interesting experiment, designed more so to attempt to incriminate or bait others more so than you, but didn’t quite work out that way.

Llama, I appreciate your clarification, so thank you. I understand and agree with your sentiment; I will not be voting for a major poster today because I don’t have a particularly BADDIE screaming read on any of them (I don’t have that on any of the players, but I agree it’s better to let the feelers do their thing for a day or two at least). Also, for what it’s worth, I try to model my baddie game off of my civvie game as much as possible, so I suppose your comment elucidating that my posts read similar to my baddie game is telling to my success in that regard (though I'm sure I have unintentional tells one way or the other, but no one will ever know!), but it additionally can be a bit frustrating as a civvie, and especially when I have my record of as many baddie roles as I seem to receive. The first 8 or 9 out of 10 games I ever played I was baddie, and lately (since starting this site or so) it seems I’m having somewhat of a similar track record.

Mongoose, you described my behavior perfectly as a ‘light bulb’ moment. I just wanted to point out that perhaps you put it more eloquently in those two words than I had in my previous posts attempting to explain my behavior at that particular instance.

Leamiteo, you mentioned you had thought of a few other suspects; mind to voice more regarding that? Also, I realize you hadn’t yet voted for me, but considering you only mentioned me and your suspicion was seemingly substantial, you can understand my response. Mind to actually voice how my behavior makes me baddie? Because so far your thoughts seem rather vague (which is not intended as an insult, I just want to understand your train of thought better and see your suspicions become more concrete, assuming they are able to).

Juliets, Gleam has played less than a handful of games, I believe, and he was lynched on Day 1 in Mario and killed Night 1 in Bioshock. Before that... he briefly played my Classic Rock game over on TP and the two games over at ProgArchives (but the first of those was very simplistic and the second was very unconventional). I saw this was already addressed, but thought I'd add in the context. Gleam can correct me if I'm wrong here.

BDH, I understand I have firmly attracted your suspicion, but you’re wrong about me. If you want me to defend against any thoughts you have against me, I’d be more than glad to, but I’m afraid there’s nothing else I have to say than I have already, given you didn’t bring anything else to the table.

As to the one person I thought might be suspicious... it hasn’t really panned out, but I'm keeping my eye on them and if I have any reason to believe their intentions are nefarious I will certainly vocalize those (as with all the other players, as I am watching all of you :eye:). I’m not really sure where to put my vote, but I should do it now, as I’m unsure when I’ll even be back here again.

Odd as it may seem, I think I am going to follow Gleam and vote Vompatti myself because I want to see what happens thereafter. I don’t necessarily endorse a bandwagon nor anyone else necessarily voting for him because I personally can't tell whether he's baddie or civvie at this point, but my vote has to go somewhere, and I refuse to randomize and have nothing even close to anything remotely solid on anyone currently. So in the lack of any real substantial candidates, I’d much rather gain some information by my vote (yay baiting!). Vompatti, if you are a civvie, I apologize in advance if this ends up getting you sacrificed, but hopefully and presumably that won’t happen – it should be interesting to see if anyone else does indeed actually vote for you or not and if so, who does so.

votes Vompatti
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

BigDamnHero wrote:I'm still of the opinion that movingpictures is not to be trusted, and to keep things short for those who are finding it difficult to read through everything (I'm sincerely sorry for my part in all these lengthy diatribes, but I tend to get long-winded sometimes), I feel as though he was trying to steer conversations as a way to ingratiate himself amongst the civilian ranks. Because of this, I feel he has warranted my vote.
BDH, I like you, too! Keep posting your long-winded posts. Yours are the only recent ones I've actually enjoyed reading! I like your logic, and I like your witty banter.

That being said, I will not be voting for MP on this Day 1 vote either. I know Alex in person so I can read him pretty well. Obviously so far there's no telling who anyone is, save for a few people. But I just think he was excited to get info and was trying to help the discussion along up until he realized what that info might do to the people coming forward. That is where I expect his sudden change of mind came from.

That also said, you are right. It is too early for anything to be certain. And I will definitely be keeping my eye on everyone for now.

Linki.... I don't think you tried to keep that short at all.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

On that note, Devin and others, regarding the discussion whether a mafia game is enjoyable or feels like a chore – I understand this. Even though I personally prefer when games get intense, if I am low on time and fall way behind in posts, especially the first few day periods, it can feel more like a chore to me at that time than not, and sometimes leads to me being replaced, which I hate doing. That said, I hope no one becomes discouraged this game just as a result of my incredibly long or intense posts nor anyone else’s; I hope everyone has fun because that is the point of the game. A mafia game can be like a roller coaster, so even if you don’t feel quite invested at the moment, don’t let it go, keep playing.
There are other reasons I did not mention. I will keep these to myself, but I see your point about this reason.
Devin, you were not the one person to which I was referring as suspicious. I threw out suspicions of you earlier to bait payers (because I love doing this) and wanted to see if anyone would latch onto a suspicion of you and run with it, despite the risk that I have no idea which alignment you are.
F*#@ you :p

Return to “Previous Jobs”