Roberto (host/dead/non)
67%

Total votes: 12
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 128

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 2]

Post by insertnamehere »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm voting for sig because I 100% disagree.
how does that make him bad?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Let me go over what glorf had said yesterday to see what youre talking about sig, cause i dont remember much outside of he was having a bad_time.jpg
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 408

Post by Epignosis »

FYI: I have not read since the point where our Internet was disconnected, and I don't intend to until my office is set up. My desk is awful and my chair is oozing the black blood of naughty orphans' souls, so no way is that going on carpet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for a while still, DLL,
I will be doing nothing. :slick:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Post by sig »

That is kinda scummy? Also why do you disagree? How many times have you played with glorf? I have never been wrong about a Glorf mafia read, now there is a first time for everything but I doubt this will be that time.
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

@Sig Glorf didnt do much yesterday, he had some side comments, but never really had a full interaction with anyone, the closest being with you over how he "always town reads Zebra." So aside from that, he didnt vote for anyone, but in which case, he didnt help the problem or enforce it. So it leaves you at a mute point. Or simply someone who didnt want to vote do to personal reasons. ay?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 1]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

a2thezebra wrote:I'll fully catch up tomorrow.

I'll say for now I don't suspect Soneji, I do believe his suspicion of me is completely disingenuous but I think it's more likely because he wants revenge on me for failing him as a teammate in the previous game than him being an opportunistic baddie. As for Golden, thanks for defending me but no I most definitely did suspect both Jack and DDL for their opportunistic jumping on Snow Dog and made that clear from the start. Jack's recent claim that it was likely from the beginning that Snow Dog was joking speaks wonders considering neither he nor I brought up that possibility in our original back and forth. DDL looks better to me now, I was going to reply to his dropping out in Haiku Mafia that it wasn't his fault he got a mafia rolecard in two games but I can't say that now since I no longer view him as disingenuous, moreso confused. As far as the Snow Dog jumpers are concerned, it's actually MM who looks the worst to me in hindsight, considering he avoided the discussion altogether but afterwards continued to express unwarranted suspicion of Snow Dog. That's everyone regarding me and Snow Dog, as for everyone else I'll need a more in-depth catch up before I deliver more reads. I'm voting MM.

linki - mother of god
You don't know Soneji very well.

He is a lot of things, but he isn't petty. He doesn't do votes for revenge.

Also let's please avoid talking about Haiku, I shouldn't have done that here because it breaks the game boundaries. I dropped it because I'm bad at playing two games at once, just that. I've dropped games in that situation for all the four possible civ/bad combinations.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

a2thezebra wrote:If it is, I call bullshit. If you didn't suspect him at all you should have and would have made that abundantly clear.
- Marmot
- Abundantly clear

Pick one.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 0]

insertnamehere wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm still reading Day 1 and I already want to punch Golden in the face. That's a good sign, he's probably a civ.
Not sure that I feel the same way about this.
Noted.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Oh also, MM I laughed really hard at your response to my offer of giving you my vote. :haha:
:D

I'm going with a low/non poster to vote today. Who should I pick?
I may just join you. I have no real suspicions right now, I'm just lame. Nothing about any of the main arguments today struck me as particularly bad. I didn't even read the latest one between Golden and Jack. Total tl;dr. Sorry guys!
You keep repeating that. Why the need to make it clear you have no opinion?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sprityo wrote:Let me go over what glorf had said yesterday to see what youre talking about sig, cause i dont remember much outside of he was having a bad_time.jpg
It's more of a lack of reads and his meta, and my opinion won't be changed on it, since your a better scum player. This vote is all meta based and it would have happened if Glorf was alive. I suggest people follow me, but like I said it is meta based.

linki: Yeah that is my point he didn't do anything, that is a clear scum tell for Glorf. If he was a civ he'd have been reading people and doing things. He also would have voted or at least said he wasn't going to vote.
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by Snow Dog »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Oh also, MM I laughed really hard at your response to my offer of giving you my vote. :haha:

I may just join you. I have no real suspicions right now, I'm just lame. Nothing about any of the main arguments today struck me as particularly bad. I didn't even read the latest one between Golden and Jack. Total tl;dr. Sorry guys!
Because he is bad. Possibly.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

sig wrote:
sprityo wrote:Let me go over what glorf had said yesterday to see what youre talking about sig, cause i dont remember much outside of he was having a bad_time.jpg
It's more of a lack of reads and his meta, and my opinion won't be changed on it, since your a better scum player. This vote is all meta based and it would have happened if Glorf was alive. I suggest people follow me, but like I said it is meta based.

linki: Yeah that is my point he didn't do anything, that is a clear scum tell for Glorf. If he was a civ he'd have been reading people and doing things. He also would have voted or at least said he wasn't going to vote.
I am tempted to follow your lead and put my trust in you as I know nothing of the elf.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote:That's not a vote I'd oppose.
Engaging Epi mode for a while here: that's a pretty elaborate language you used to say you might vote someone but not commit to it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Snow Dog wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Don't spoil it.

Also I finally finished reading day 1. Gonna read the rest later. One question though: why is spirtyo stiill in the poll and why are there people voting for him?
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Nachomamma8 »

He replaced back in for Glorf.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I won't be voting DDL, Long Con, or Snow Dog today.

DDL because of that one post, and arguing game theory shouldn't get you lynched (unless of course I disagree ;) )
Snow Dog because I think he's having fun and messing with us, the first part an important part of mafia, and the second part I can sympathize with.
Long Con because, well, he's Long Con. It's too early for me to form a read on him yet, because that would read would likely lean mafia.
This is a pretty weird trio of townreads.
Why should the reasons that other people are voting for DDL have anything to do with your read on him?
Snow Dog is someone who looks completely different from last game when he was town, and I don't see him as the type to dial down his play in fear of being nightkilled so that he would have a higher chance of winning.
Wanting to give Long Con space is fine, but I'm interested in Golden's read there because I don't think space is needed, but wouldn't mind reaffirmation from a certified Long Con reader.

Do you not have any real town reads yet?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Don't spoil it.

Also I finally finished reading day 1. Gonna read the rest later. One question though: why is spirtyo stiill in the poll and why are there people voting for him?
My read of Glorf based on meta, you can look at Glorf's past games and his general style and see it here to. I highly doubt he would have replaced out just because he was busy, which was suggested by LC.
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

My only problem with, well one of the problems with lynching spirtyo is that the poor chap has already been lynched once and lynching him again appears unduly harsh.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nachomamma8 wrote:

DDL because of that one post, and arguing game theory shouldn't get you lynched (unless of course I disagree ;) )
Snow Dog because I think he's having fun and messing with us, the first part an important part of mafia, and the second part I can sympathize with.
Long Con because, well, he's Long Con. It's too early for me to form a read on him yet, because that would read would likely lean mafia.
Why should the reasons that other people are voting for DDL have anything to do with your read on him?
Snow Dog is someone who looks completely different from last game when he was town, and I don't see him as the type to dial down his play in fear of being nightkilled so that he would have a higher chance of winning.
Wanting to give Long Con space is fine, but I'm interested in Golden's read there because I don't think space is needed, but wouldn't mind reaffirmation from a certified Long Con reader.

As I explained earlier I am having difficulty pre Christmas to find the time to read all these posts and engage. Plus I like to change things up a bit from game to game.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:
That is kinda scummy? Also why do you disagree? How many times have you played with glorf? I have never been wrong about a Glorf mafia read, now there is a first time for everything but I doubt this will be that time.
I'll explain later meeting my dad and brother for lunch now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Glorfindel wrote:Aaahh, welcome back my friends to the 'Glorfindel Hour' :D

I've read the recent posts in this game and refuse any longer to be exploited as a potential distraction any further this game by certain players for their own ends. I will deal with this matter right here, right now!

By way of background (for those of you who were not involved) in my last game here (Mad Max) I was asked by Jay to directly and explicitly respond to a series of questions that he put to me that amounted to a declaration of my alignment in that game. His questions were prompted by statements that I'd made in previous games to the effect that I would not lie if asked a direct question as to my alignment in any Mafia game. I have included both his questions and my response to them here for your information.
Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Glorfindel, I still need answers to these questions:

1. Are you bad?

2. Are you a member of a team that killed anyone in this group: MovingPictures07, MacDougall, motel room?
I'm going to adjust the first question.

1. Are you a member of the team in this Mafia game called the Skags?

Please still answer both.
Thank you Jay for your patience in awaiting my reply to your questions. I now ask your indulgence one more time - to grant me the courtesy of reading my response carefully and thoughtfully before jumping to any conclusions. I thank you sincerely in advance for your courtesy in this regard.

It's been six days and nights now and things look grim for us and it's in this context that you ask me these questions. Though you may deny it, the truth is that these questions are NOT about my role in this game, they speak directly and unequivocally to my personal character.

In posts I've made in earlier games on this site (and others) I have (somewhat naively) traded on my personal integrity and honesty in never having lied about my alignment in any Mafia game I've ever played. My protestations however have been to no avail and have gone almost completely unheeded. And now, as this game draws to a bitter end, you (someone whose respect I genuinely cherish) come to me asking me to confirm my alignment.

If I recall correctly, my approach (as referred to above) was a topic of discussion between the two of us and Epi in the Town BTSC Chat last game (The Garden of Peaches). In our conversation, you or Epi (I can't recall now who) asked me to consider what that might mean in future games I play for the other members of a non-Town team (and specifically Mafia teams I suppose) of which I may find myself a part. The two of you challenged me to consider the price of my approach with respect to the enjoyment of others who play these games and whose experience of them may be seriously diminished by the selfishness of my approach. I did consider your points carefully and find myself left in a dilemma in respect of my playing Mafia games in the future.

It is for this reason, that I am not going to avoid or dance around your questions. I simply categorically refuse to answer them because to do so, would continue to perpetuate what I now fear is a bad approach to these games on my behalf. When I say that I refuse to answer them, let me be absolutely explicit here, I mean not now and not ever again. I trust you will understand what I've tried to explain here in all sincerity. I accept that some more cynical minds will question why I've taken this stance right now, in this game and whether it wouldn't be easier for me to simply answer your questions and adopt my new approach next game. To me, this is a moral question. If I am unable to stand by my principles in a time when (it appears) it counts the most, then when can I?

As for this game, I'd ask you, my friend to apply the same measure to me that you would to everyone else. Consider my actions and my comments throughout this game and if you find them wanting, then by all means, you should vote for me. If however you find they are reasonable under what you believe to have been my circumstances and ability, then you should look elsewhere.
Whilst (as I indicated in the post above) my decision to adopt this approach was made independent of my alignment in that game, I'm pretty sure only Jay actually understood what I meant there and every other player interpreted my response as simply a feeble and expedient means of dodging Jay's questions for that game.

As I said in the coloured section of that post, I will no longer declare my alignment in any game I play on this site irrespective of my alignment then, now or in the future. Let me be crystal clear about this - if you are uncomfortable with me taking this approach or unwilling to accept my adopting it, then you should vote to remove me from this game, AND the next game AND the one after that because this is a matter of deeply held principle to me upon which I will not compromise.
This was the major pingy post, he quotes a post from a game where he was bad correct? In which he refused to say whether he was good or not since he was bad and didn't want to lie? Plus he replaced out! Glorf wouldn't do this unless there was an emergency or he was mafia.

Him not voting was also slightly out of place, but not unusually for Glorf regardless of alignment.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:
I'll explain later meeting my dad and brother for lunch now.
:beer:
ImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Soneji »

I'll be voting spirityo this phase. Glorf's fence-sitting, lack of contributions and straight avoidance of accusing anyone put her high up on my scum scale.

Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

sig wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:hm Glorf replaced out, that is interesting.
What do you make of it?
:
I think it could mean Sprityo is mafia, in fact I'd be willing to lynch on it. Glorf was alreayd a suspect of mine, for not giving reads not talking much and a general gut read. Two things to know about Glorf is he hates lying, even in a game he won't do it and he hates being mafia. His refusal to answer the good/bad question was a tip off, he wouldn't lie about it, he'd just not say it either way. I'm thinking his BTSC mates told him that. He went with it, but hated it and asked to be replaced. Since even if he was bad, he wouldn't want to let his team down. So he replaced out since he couldn't be a mafia member and he did this soon enough that most people wouldn't consider it.

He attempted to do the same thing in Star wars mafia when he was bad as well.

So I'm voting there and I'll be voting there now, since I am 80% sure Sprityo 2.0/Glorf are mafia and that is why Glorf acted the way he did day 1 and was replaced.

I'm feeling good about the SDs and Golden. I won't be lynching Jack today since he is a civ lean, or Epi/LC since I need time to read them.
I never saw the case on MM so he won't get my vote either.
So Glorf replacing out is closely correlated with him being a baddie?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

sig wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Aaahh, welcome back my friends to the 'Glorfindel Hour' :D

I've read the recent posts in this game and refuse any longer to be exploited as a potential distraction any further this game by certain players for their own ends. I will deal with this matter right here, right now!

By way of background (for those of you who were not involved) in my last game here (Mad Max) I was asked by Jay to directly and explicitly respond to a series of questions that he put to me that amounted to a declaration of my alignment in that game. His questions were prompted by statements that I'd made in previous games to the effect that I would not lie if asked a direct question as to my alignment in any Mafia game. I have included both his questions and my response to them here for your information.
Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Glorfindel, I still need answers to these questions:

1. Are you bad?

2. Are you a member of a team that killed anyone in this group: MovingPictures07, MacDougall, motel room?
I'm going to adjust the first question.

1. Are you a member of the team in this Mafia game called the Skags?

Please still answer both.
Thank you Jay for your patience in awaiting my reply to your questions. I now ask your indulgence one more time - to grant me the courtesy of reading my response carefully and thoughtfully before jumping to any conclusions. I thank you sincerely in advance for your courtesy in this regard.

It's been six days and nights now and things look grim for us and it's in this context that you ask me these questions. Though you may deny it, the truth is that these questions are NOT about my role in this game, they speak directly and unequivocally to my personal character.

In posts I've made in earlier games on this site (and others) I have (somewhat naively) traded on my personal integrity and honesty in never having lied about my alignment in any Mafia game I've ever played. My protestations however have been to no avail and have gone almost completely unheeded. And now, as this game draws to a bitter end, you (someone whose respect I genuinely cherish) come to me asking me to confirm my alignment.

If I recall correctly, my approach (as referred to above) was a topic of discussion between the two of us and Epi in the Town BTSC Chat last game (The Garden of Peaches). In our conversation, you or Epi (I can't recall now who) asked me to consider what that might mean in future games I play for the other members of a non-Town team (and specifically Mafia teams I suppose) of which I may find myself a part. The two of you challenged me to consider the price of my approach with respect to the enjoyment of others who play these games and whose experience of them may be seriously diminished by the selfishness of my approach. I did consider your points carefully and find myself left in a dilemma in respect of my playing Mafia games in the future.

It is for this reason, that I am not going to avoid or dance around your questions. I simply categorically refuse to answer them because to do so, would continue to perpetuate what I now fear is a bad approach to these games on my behalf. When I say that I refuse to answer them, let me be absolutely explicit here, I mean not now and not ever again. I trust you will understand what I've tried to explain here in all sincerity. I accept that some more cynical minds will question why I've taken this stance right now, in this game and whether it wouldn't be easier for me to simply answer your questions and adopt my new approach next game. To me, this is a moral question. If I am unable to stand by my principles in a time when (it appears) it counts the most, then when can I?

As for this game, I'd ask you, my friend to apply the same measure to me that you would to everyone else. Consider my actions and my comments throughout this game and if you find them wanting, then by all means, you should vote for me. If however you find they are reasonable under what you believe to have been my circumstances and ability, then you should look elsewhere.
Whilst (as I indicated in the post above) my decision to adopt this approach was made independent of my alignment in that game, I'm pretty sure only Jay actually understood what I meant there and every other player interpreted my response as simply a feeble and expedient means of dodging Jay's questions for that game.

As I said in the coloured section of that post, I will no longer declare my alignment in any game I play on this site irrespective of my alignment then, now or in the future. Let me be crystal clear about this - if you are uncomfortable with me taking this approach or unwilling to accept my adopting it, then you should vote to remove me from this game, AND the next game AND the one after that because this is a matter of deeply held principle to me upon which I will not compromise.
This was the major pingy post, he quotes a post from a game where he was bad correct? In which he refused to say whether he was good or not since he was bad and didn't want to lie? Plus he replaced out! Glorf wouldn't do this unless there was an emergency or he was mafia.

Him not voting was also slightly out of place, but not unusually for Glorf regardless of alignment.
The point that Glorf made was that regardless of alignment, Glorf didn't want to answer that question because it's unfair to game integrity for him to answer it as town and ignore it as scum since it's extremely annoying to be partnered with a baddie who can be caught by the "are you town?" question.

He brought up his last game as a baddie because he wanted to reiterate that he was telling the truth there and it's something that he believed regardless of his alignment.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Snow Dog wrote:My only problem with, well one of the problems with lynching spirtyo is that the poor chap has already been lynched once and lynching him again appears unduly harsh.
There is no such thing as harsh in mafia. If you find a person suspicious, nothing in their personal life or game situation should stop you from voting them. The whole purpose of the replacement "tactic" is to play on emotion fueled leniency like you are displaying here.

Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Soneji wrote:I'll be voting spirityo this phase. Glorf's fence-sitting, lack of contributions and straight avoidance of accusing anyone put her high up on my scum scale.
Who are your other reads?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Snow Dog wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Who's asking you anything? No, I haven't stated that I have no opinion because I'm bad.

I said it because it was crunch time, time to vote, and I just had no suspicions yet. :shrug: The poll was like "Yo Long Con, it's time to say who you suspect and why, and then cast a vote!" and I was like "Dude... I don't have that."

Have I really repeated it so much that it earned a comment? I didn't think I had been that repetitive.

And go to hell, Snow Dog my friend! :grin:
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

As I explained earlier I am having difficulty pre Christmas to find the time to read all these posts and engage. Plus I like to change things up a bit from game to game.
Difficulty pre Christmas makes sense.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Sprityo, what is your opinion of Glorfindel. Good or bad?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Soneji wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:My only problem with, well one of the problems with lynching spirtyo is that the poor chap has already been lynched once and lynching him again appears unduly harsh.
There is no such thing as harsh in mafia. If you find a person suspicious, nothing in their personal life or game situation should stop you from voting them. The whole purpose of the replacement "tactic" is to play on emotion fueled leniency like you are displaying here.
So shoot me.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Soneji wrote:
There's still harsh. It's just called "harsh, but fair". :srsnod:
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Soneji wrote:I'll be voting spirityo this phase. Glorf's fence-sitting, lack of contributions and straight avoidance of accusing anyone put her high up on my scum scale.
I don't think holding lack of contributions against a player who replaced out shortly after is fair. I don't think that "fence-sitting" and "avoidance of accusing anyone" AR really strong accusation either; he didn't agree with the two wagons and then replaced out shortly after, but you're making it seem like he was avoiding contributing during a time when everyone had awesome fleshed out scumreads and refusing to give a position on a bunch of people.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Who's asking you anything? No, I haven't stated that I have no opinion because I'm bad.

I said it because it was crunch time, time to vote, and I just had no suspicions yet. :shrug: The poll was like "Yo Long Con, it's time to say who you suspect and why, and then cast a vote!" and I was like "Dude... I don't have that."

Have I really repeated it so much that it earned a comment? I didn't think I had been that repetitive.

And go to hell, Snow Dog my friend! :grin:
I'm just helping you out. You said you didn't want to be town read. Make your mind up! :p
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

:confused2:
I don't really care about your defense of Glorf; I care far more about your reads.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
sig wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:hm Glorf replaced out, that is interesting.
What do you make of it?
:
I think it could mean Sprityo is mafia, in fact I'd be willing to lynch on it. Glorf was alreayd a suspect of mine, for not giving reads not talking much and a general gut read. Two things to know about Glorf is he hates lying, even in a game he won't do it and he hates being mafia. His refusal to answer the good/bad question was a tip off, he wouldn't lie about it, he'd just not say it either way. I'm thinking his BTSC mates told him that. He went with it, but hated it and asked to be replaced. Since even if he was bad, he wouldn't want to let his team down. So he replaced out since he couldn't be a mafia member and he did this soon enough that most people wouldn't consider it.

He attempted to do the same thing in Star wars mafia when he was bad as well.

So I'm voting there and I'll be voting there now, since I am 80% sure Sprityo 2.0/Glorf are mafia and that is why Glorf acted the way he did day 1 and was replaced.

I'm feeling good about the SDs and Golden. I won't be lynching Jack today since he is a civ lean, or Epi/LC since I need time to read them.
I never saw the case on MM so he won't get my vote either.
So Glorf replacing out is closely correlated with him being a baddie?
I would say yes there is a correlation.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... ?f=2&t=769

Take a look at Star Wars mafia, Glorfs first game here, he subbed out after awhile as mafia there as well. Though I will admit that was in part due to being mafia and being completely overwhelmed, while I don't think i've ever seen a civ Glorf sub out, not even when he is being harassed and bothered.

Finally I'd say im being replaced just assured me of my read, I'd say I can gut read some players rather well, Glorf being one of them and he was pinging me from his first post. Furthermore when he wouldn't give me reads, something he does often regardless of alignment, but much more as mafia.
ImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I like DDL's catch-up posts. Snow Dog's Long Con centric snark makes me feel a little better about the slot. Epi still feels okay. I don't understand any of the early votes unless Glorf replacing out is a baddie thing in which case gross.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Finally I'd say him being replaced just assured my read.*

I have no idea how that came out so jumbled. :rip
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Nachomamma8 wrote:I like DDL's catch-up posts. Snow Dog's Long Con centric snark makes me feel a little better about the slot. Epi still feels okay. I don't understand any of the early votes unless Glorf replacing out is a baddie thing in which case gross.
I mean in theory, if I hadn't jumped on it, then there wouldn't be a problem. Since nobody else suspected Glorf. However, like I said I'd have been pursuing this tomorrow regardless it'll just be harder now since Glorf is easier to expose as mafia. :beer:
ImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And what makes you think he replaced out of that game because he was bad as opposed to because he was busy? Has he replaced out of other games?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

sig wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:I like DDL's catch-up posts. Snow Dog's Long Con centric snark makes me feel a little better about the slot. Epi still feels okay. I don't understand any of the early votes unless Glorf replacing out is a baddie thing in which case gross.
I mean in theory, if I hadn't jumped on it, then there wouldn't be a problem. Since nobody else suspected Glorf. However, like I said I'd have been pursuing this tomorrow regardless it'll just be harder now since Glorf is easier to expose as mafia. :beer:
That's understandable.
With the replace out thing, I just want to establish if the majority of your read on him is the other stuff that you pointed out as opposed to the replace out thing; lots of people have the "lurks as scum, does things as town" or worse "replaces out as scum, plays as town" type of meta; if he has a very cut and dry meta than obviously I'm joining the wagon but if you're voting him for not delivering yet then I'm more likely to demonstrate a bit more caution since the replace out could just mean that he didn't really have time.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Snow Dog wrote:Sprityo, what is your opinion of Glorfindel. Good or bad?
my opinion of him? inherently, yes he doesnt look good. But i personally dont know how glorf plays so ill just dismiss it as day 0/day 1 fluff.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

You are correct though sig, in that replacing out under suspicion equals mafia a lot of the times, but it also can mean just a player is under stress inbetween game and real life and just cant find the time or energy to commit to a game. (that's what happened to me in Mad max)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
I don't think holding lack of contributions against a player who replaced out shortly after is fair. I don't think that "fence-sitting" and "avoidance of accusing anyone" AR really strong accusation either; he didn't agree with the two wagons and then replaced out shortly after, but you're making it seem like he was avoiding contributing during a time when everyone had awesome fleshed out scumreads and refusing to give a position on a bunch of people.
Fence sitting and avoiding direct accusations rank very high on my scumdar. Strong opinions draw more attention, directly accusing people can get you backlash from them.

I never asked for Glorf to give me fleshed out reads or tons of positions, only to give me anything other then vague "I don't like the look of this.". As I told her, if she didn't like either lynch she should have assessed why that is, posted that and maybe give some reads on people on those wagons as if she doesn't like them, there might be scum movement among them.

As for other reads, I'll save those for later when there is more to work with and I'm on my laptop. One thing I'll be looking into for sure is DDL's case on Quin.

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Nachomamma8 wrote:And what makes you think he replaced out of that game because he was bad as opposed to because he was busy? Has he replaced out of other games?
He did replace out in Star Wars when he was bad, which I linked above, but besides that I see no other cases of him replacing out. I know he was a baddie in Mad Max and stuck with it. Besides those two games I can't actually recall him being bad, on any site we've played on, he only seems to roll mafia here. :P

If we think it was personal attacks or people complaining about how he plays, I'd argue agaisnt that tooth and nail. You can look at his civ games here he wouldn't just ask to be replaced if people were being mean to him or he was in for a hard time. That is way outside his meta and he wasn't really being pressured that much.

For my logic I'd say I'm 50 meta 30 gut an 20 game. The 20% from my game reads comes from him not giving any reads day 1.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I dont really have such thing as a "case" on Quin. More like a series of suspicious posts I'm pointing out as they show up.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

@Sig is it typical of him to give reads day 1? i only recall seeing like a couple people posting reads day 1 tbh
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sprityo wrote:You are correct though sig, in that replacing out under suspicion equals mafia a lot of the times, but it also can mean just a player is under stress inbetween game and real life and just cant find the time or energy to commit to a game. (that's what happened to me in Mad max)
No though see the thing is he wasn't under that much suspicion, I poked him a bit, but didn't call him bad. There was discussions around him refusing to say if he was bad or good, but not much pressure. Which is why he'd have replaced out. If he was already under pressure I think he'd have stuck around and tried to defend himself since it would've been very obvious, however a replacement day 1 wouldn't be that odd. Also I suspect that Glorf would have said if he was busy and apologized for replacing out. Assuming he was a civ, which he wasn't. I also don't think he'd have done this if he was third party/independent, since he basically civ aligns himself as third party even if it isn't within his best interest.

Also look at say this, a post taken from Arkham Mafia.
Glorfindel wrote:
Bubbles wrote:i agree with golden don't think glorfindel is bad, seems genuine to me. voting S~V~S on his behalf

on a side note what is your username based upon glorfindel? it reminds me of lord of the rings :p
Thank you, Bubbles. It's nice to see that there are some players here that can see the truth.

Yes, Glorfindel is a Tolkein creation https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorfindel He is a great and noble character and one to which I seek to aspire (Mafia game-wise).
This basically summarizes Glorf's Meta, he is a huge sweetheart both in and out of game, and he can't/won't lie to people in context of a game and hates to kill them. Think, for people who remember them, Ike and Silverwolf and how they would read each other and would freak out if there team killed the other one to the point they wanted to out themselves. Glorf is the same, but with being mafia at all.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And this is true no matter how often we argue with each other over how to play outside of actually playing mafia games, I don't get it I never will, but it has allowed me to read Glorf properly. In fact I don't think I've ever misread Glorf on this site. I've lied to try and get him lynched or to make him seem less credible when he catches onto me, but I've always been able to tell his alignment. The only time I ever really struggled was Star Wars and that was because I never saw his baddie meta and couldn't tell if it was him being a baddie or being at a new more competitive site.
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Spacedaisy »

.ssa eht ni niap a si siht ,esahp siht em fo tuo hcum oot tcepxe t'noD .heM .si eh ekil kool ot ti stnaw eh fi ro yas ot evah I tahw dna em fo diarfa si eh esuaceb si ti fi ediced t'nac I .ylisae tsop ot em tnaw ton did oreN ylraelc lleW
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”