67%

Total votes: 12
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 2]

Post by Elohcin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Elohcin wrote: And did we lynch sprit? And if so, was he bad? If not, who did we lynch? Were they bad? Who was killed Night 1? Was it more than one person? There are two baddie teams, I believe. And...it's now Day 2, right?
Yes. No. N/A. N/A. Scotty. No.
Thank you for being so kind to answer my questions.

I am now wondering why Sprit is still on the poll. Sub in?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 408

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:I don't know what this means.
Yeah, I was hoping he'd clarify right away.

Gun to Head, I think he's saying you're too simple to come up with those ideas on your own, and implying that you have BTSC.

I'd really rather Epi explain further.
Quite the opposite.

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:I didn't do much anyway, but now I'll definitely be phone posting while we do Christmas things.

I voted for DDL. I think he's bad.
Spoiler: show
Snow Dog wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And with that, I'm gonna vote LC in order to attempt to put another option in the table.
Despite voting for you first time round I have good feelings about you. I won't be voting for you this time.
Snow Dog wrote:
Golden wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:What's the advantage of random voting at all?

If you're not the determiner, you might as well not vote.

If you are the determiner....you want to determine who should die randomly?
Not voting as any kind of deliberate choice is very much frowned upon in our history.

Having said that, I generally agree that any slight read is better than randomising.

I'm not convinced it was entirely random, though. Perhaps random within a pool, or perhaps not random at all.

linki - what kind of cookie?
It wasn't entirely random i confess. It was a straight choice between DDL and Jack. The two guys who wanted me lynched. I chose DDL because I read somewhere that he was more likely bad.
I was tired, I needed to go to bed and I had to vote. Plus I wanted to give a nod to Vompatti's playstyle as I had done DrWilgy earlier.
And if he's bad, Snow Dog is his teammate.
This business is too obvious for Quin's sophistication.

I don't know what this means.
It means those two posts you pulled linking Snow Dog to DDL are what we might expect from two people who are brand new to mafia, tried to distance Day 1, and really suck at it (i.e., obvious). I would not call Snow Dog bad just because DDL is or vice versa.

I think a civilian Quin would be looking deeper than that.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I'm behind. Whatever.
Snow Dog wrote:
Golden wrote:

Not voting as any kind of deliberate choice is very much frowned upon in our history.

Having said that, I generally agree that any slight read is better than randomising.

I'm not convinced it was entirely random, though. Perhaps random within a pool, or perhaps not random at all.

It wasn't entirely random i confess. It was a straight choice between DDL and Jack. The two guys who wanted me lynched. I chose DDL because I read somewhere that he was more likely bad.
I was tired, I needed to go to bed and I had to vote. Plus I wanted to give a nod to Vompatti's playstyle as I had done DrWilgy earlier.
Man, I hate this post. Like OMGUS at best. Something worse, more likely.

And by "hate" I mean "live" cause it justifies my town read on DDL.

Feeling I should have been harsher on Snow.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Not sure why DDL saying that Golden is a civ sets off your buddying sense for him and not others, especially when others have managed to be more persistent, loud, colorful, or kissassy with their civ reads.
I like this post, even though I disagree. Liking Nacho in general. We can kill the whale and escape together.
Epignosis wrote:To those who voted Sprityo last time around: Why did you vote for him instead of soup?
Time was running out. There were ~4 players lynchable strictly for low participation. Scotty and LC were on Spirityo. DDL had gathered some votes but I disagreed with his lynch. Sonji had one or two and I disagreed with his lynch but not strongly. So I had decided a low poster was best to go and Spirityo was about the only one available. I didn't like getting lead by Scotty and LC so I threw out a random nonparticipany as an alternative and was okay with how Scotty reacted, though I guess the bar was pretty low.

So at the end, I voted Spirityo.

Quin wrote:I didn't do much anyway, but now I'll definitely be phone posting while we do Christmas things.

Snow Dog wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And with that, I'm gonna vote LC in order to attempt to put another option in the table.
Despite voting for you first time round I have good feelings about you. I won't be voting for you this time.
Snow Dog wrote:
Golden wrote:

I don't get it. And this is supposedly too obvious for a great player like Quin, yeah?

Feeling stupid/drunk.

Halp.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Not to be a special snowflake, but to rehash some things for players who I haven't played with really, my name is spelled S P R I T Y O. But feel free to say Sprit for short (sorry I had just noticed an increased number of the instance of spirit which is NOT the correct root word
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Elohcin wrote: And did we lynch sprit? And if so, was he bad? If not, who did we lynch? Were they bad? Who was killed Night 1? Was it more than one person? There are two baddie teams, I believe. And...it's now Day 2, right?
Yes. No. N/A. N/A. Scotty. No.
Thank you for being so kind to answer my questions.

I am now wondering why Sprit is still on the poll. Sub in?
God help us.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:...yhw nosaer eht no regnif ym tup t'nac I dna mih ot semoc ti nehw eiddab gnimaercs si tug ym tub ,ko sdnuos syas CL gnihtyreve taht tcaf eht htiw gnilggurts m'I ,yldnoceS

.uoy gnitlusni ton ,niuQ eveileb I uoy gnitnemilpmoc saw eH .suoivbo taht si eno on ,noitacidni etammaet laer a eb ot suoivbo ot s'tI .noitasucca fo dnik suoivbo na hcus ot ecnederc evig ot doog oot si niuQ vic gniyas saw eh em ot raelc demees tI .gnitlusni ylbidercni os kool dias ipE tahw gnikam rof lla uoy no emahs ,ffo tsriF
I definitely didn't take offence to it :haha: I figured it was some meta analysis of some kind. Although, I thought meta was bullshit, Epi? :slick:

That aside, I disagree with him. I don't think I should be described as some sophisticated person who ignores the obvious in favour of the subtleties. I just call them as I see them. :shrug: I just so happen to think those posts are potential teammate interactions.
Calling someone a smart or good player isn't "meta." I'm saying I believe you are disingenuous in your findings.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:I don't know what this means.
Yeah, I was hoping he'd clarify right away.

Gun to Head, I think he's saying you're too simple to come up with those ideas on your own, and implying that you have BTSC.

I'd really rather Epi explain further.
Quite the opposite.

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Snow Dog wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Golden wrote:

This business is too obvious for Quin's sophistication.

I don't know what this means.
It means those two posts you pulled linking Snow Dog to DDL are what we might expect from two people who are brand new to mafia, tried to distance Day 1, and really suck at it (i.e., obvious). I would not call Snow Dog bad just because DDL is or vice versa.

I think a civilian Quin would be looking deeper than that.
A civilian Quin was being dragged off for Christmas celebrations and wanted to bring attention to something he picked up on before he did. I may have been too conclusive in my opinion for your liking, it was just a matter of not having the time to give the typical spiel. Not that it means much to you now, but I'd change my conclusion to 'I think Snow Dog is a potential candidate for being Luffy's teammate if he flips bad.

Whether someone is new to mafia or not doesn't really factor in for me. A bad Snow Dog could very well have made those posts without considering their later implications. It happens. I've done it.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It's just that, rather than make an allowance for Snow Dog being a civilian who, you know, changed his mind about someone, he became a lock for DDL's team. That's a bit much.

I understand the hastiness with which you may have made that post given the holiday season, but that's still a post I have to make a judgment call about, and bad guys celebrating Christmas may more easily make bad posts that expose them. :dark:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:It's just that, rather than make an allowance for Snow Dog being a civilian who, you know, changed his mind about someone, he became a lock for DDL's team. That's a bit much.

I understand the hastiness with which you may have made that post given the holiday season, but that's still a post I have to make a judgment call about, and bad guys celebrating Christmas may more easily make bad posts that expose them. :dark:
Fair enough. Good thing I'm agnostic :grin:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:And by "hate" I mean "live" cause it justifies my town read on DDL.
How does that work? :confused:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I like that it's Day 2 and I already have a decent number of people on the Nice list.

I need to work on my Naughty list.

Long Con, your name is on one of these lists.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:And by "hate" I mean "live" cause it justifies my town read on DDL.
And I realize that you probably meant "love" and not "live", that's fine... I mean how does Snow Dog's vote reasoning justify your town read of DDL?

Do you mean that Snow Dog is so obviously wrong in his assessment that DDL must be the opposite of what he said? :ponder:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:I like that it's Day 2 and I already have a decent number of people on the Nice list.

It's nice to be remembered on the holidays. :hugs:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The only person with more than one vote I'm even entertaining voting for right now is sprityo. I am considering a vote for Quin, or any of the four people voting sig or Long Con.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Roughly 5 hours left in the lynch.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And with that in mind, I'm voting DDL. I don't see me changing my mind before the lynch is up.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Now there are two people with two votes I am considering.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I should put my vote-style where my mouth is:

*votes Dragon D Luffy*
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:I like that it's Day 2 and I already have a decent number of people on the Nice list.

Do you mind sharing your naughty and nice lists?

@LC, why do you think DDL is bad?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:

Do you mind sharing your naughty and nice lists?

@LC, why do you think DDL is bad?
I'm not saying right now. The last time I told everybody who the civilians were, nobody listened and lynched or killed them all.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:
And I realize that you probably meant "love" and not "live", that's fine... I mean how does Snow Dog's vote reasoning justify your town read of DDL?

Do you mean that Snow Dog is so obviously wrong in his assessment that DDL must be the opposite of what he said? :ponder:
More like Snow Dog's posts seem scummy. Willful OMGUS or uncooperativeness.

If Snow Dog is a wolf and is against DDL, my town read of DDL based on other things looks better.

But Quin says DDL and Snow Dog are mafia together?

Do you agree with that assessment, LC? Assume DDL flips town. What's your gut read of Snow. What if DDL flips mafia?

I get your argument against DDL and I also get the defense of "but DDL isn't in LC's head and wastnt trying to misrepresent." My general thought is not to vote for either of you because neither argument against the other is that convincing but I'm willing to listen to a restatement/rebuke of arguments if you want to be more convincing. :p

Thoughts on all open trains in a bit after I put the little one to bed.

Presumably nice cause why else bring it up without voting for LC?

Why the nice list?

Having more trouble than I expected with meta. Sig/Spiritwo and LC/DDL and even Snow/Zebra/Son/DDL/Golden are all things I feel I could evaluate better knowing the meta better.

I think Sig is reaching with the replacement scum tell thing. Once does not a pattern make. That said, teaching isn't inherently wrong or scummy if you're not misreported.

Chaos Marmot is awfully passive for his nickname. Not more than everyone else. I just see more chaos out of Snow Dog.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*reaching not teaching

Eaap or whatever
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*misrepresenting not misreported

Good God.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Post by sig »

Glorf has only been mafia three times, once he replaced out (Star Wars) once was Mad Max (refused to lie/claim alignment) third time is UEM, this one, (where he refused to claim alignment and subbed out)

I might be wrong, but I doubt it.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also this is to my knowledge he might have been mafia once or twice on another site that neither of us played on, but I never recall that happening or him mentioning it.
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:

If Snow Dog is a wolf and is against DDL, my town read of DDL based on other things looks better.

In those two posts, I see a situation where Snow Dog intended to start a wagon on a teammate but didn't anticipate that they'd receive so many votes. The later post just felt like damage control.
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by Snow Dog »

Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:

This is all utter bollocks.

In those two posts, I see a situation where Snow Dog intended to start a wagon on a teammate but didn't anticipate that they'd receive so many votes. The later post just felt like damage control.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

damn that went wroing
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Quin your theory is bullshit,
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Snow Dog wrote:
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Tell me why it is bullocks.
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

anyway its klate im tirewd and a bir ddrunk who tovote for?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Quin wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Tell me why it is bullocks.
Because I am not DDl's team mate
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sig wrote:Glorf has only been mafia three times, once he replaced out (Star Wars) once was Mad Max (refused to lie/claim alignment) third time is UEM, this one, (where he refused to claim alignment and subbed out)

Glorf made a point in Mad Max that he won't be claiming alignment in future games, so it's not a matter of meta anymore. There are a hundred reasons as to why Glorf might have subbed out, I don't think him being bad and unable to handle the pressure is one of them.
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Anyway trhat wont convince you and I will not defend myselffurther
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I will not claim alignment eirher
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Good old Glorfindel.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

can my claimk be checjked? Do so.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

ok i need to bed so i need to vote,
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

fuck knows where
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Quin wrote:
sig wrote:Glorf has only been mafia three times, once he replaced out (Star Wars) once was Mad Max (refused to lie/claim alignment) third time is UEM, this one, (where he refused to claim alignment and subbed out)

Glorf made a point in Mad Max that he won't be claiming alignment in future games, so it's not a matter of meta anymore. There are a hundred reasons as to why Glorf might have subbed out, I don't think him being bad and unable to handle the pressure is one of them.
No he wouldn't be pressured it is that he doesn't like to lie. But, fine my wagon isn't seeming to work. Lets lynch someone else like Dom. :llama:
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I do think LC might be bad.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Snow Dog wrote:Because I am not DDl's team mate
So it's not that my theory is 'bullshit'. It's that my theory is incorrect? There's a difference.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sig wrote:
Quin wrote:

No he wouldn't be pressured it is that he doesn't like to lie. But, fine my wagon isn't seeming to work. Lets lynch someone else like Dom. :llama:
Why do you want to lynch Dom?
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Quin wrote:
So it's not that my theory is 'bullshit'. It's that my theory is incorrect? There's a difference.
No there isnt
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok Im not voting
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Suuuuuper unconvinced by Snow's defense.

"Your accusation is bullshit cause it's not true and btw, I'm not gonna defend myself."

Lol okay.

Are we even allowed to alignment claim?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Presumably nice cause why else bring it up without voting for LC?

Why the nice list?
Long Con has never fooled anyone.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Snow Dog wrote:
Quin wrote:
No there isnt
Yes there is. One is saying that my thought process is invalid and should be discredited, while the other is saying that it is not applicable.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Yay! Drunk Snowy at Christmastime. Things keep getting better and better.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Suuuuuper unconvinced by Snow's defense.

"Your accusation is bullshit cause it's not true and btw, I'm not gonna defend myself."

Lol okay.

Are we even allowed to alignment claim?
You aint getting one from me sucker
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”