Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 2]

Post by Mongoose »

Matt F wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I thought bea might have been removed because her email to Strongbad was picked for today's program and removal was her reward.
:ponder:

So that was Bea's e-mail?
I have no idea, but that seems to be an intuitive guess.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Matt »

I was going through some posts of certain players, and then checked the front page to see if there was any civ btsc (haven't looked far enough yet, because...)

FYI, I was not aware that there was a civ, Strongsad, who posts poetry in the thread each day. Strongsad, if you are out there, I was not trying to hint at being you! Just so you know, sir!

Anyway, back to see if there is any civ btsc, and then a mighty long post with quotes following that, if I don't see any...
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

Matt F wrote:FYI, I was not aware that there was a civ, Strongsad, who posts poetry in the thread each day. Strongsad, if you are out there, I was not trying to hint at being you! Just so you know, sir!
Yet I don't think I've seen any poetry in the thread so far apart from the Blake one (and it's day 2 already). :ponder:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:ponder:

Daisy - You said there were 7 missing PMs earlier, therefore you extended the night period. Were there any missing PMs after your extension?

I also just noticed that the civ ninja didn't make a kill. Of course, it says in the description that the civ ninja doesn't have to make a kill, but I'm just curious to see if there were still missing PMs.

Also, no civ btsc that I can see, will be back with quotes in a bit...

Linki - If the baddies want to believe I am a vanilla civ that posts poetry, fine with me, Vomps! XD
Image Image Image Image
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Post by BigDamnHero »

@ vompatti- Stringsad had a poem right after strongbad's email in the post daisy made
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

And I don't think Coach Z imprisoned anybody, so that could be (but is not necessarily) the result of a missing PM.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

There was a strongsad poem in the post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

BigDamnHero wrote:@ vompatti- Stringsad had a poem right after strongbad's email in the post daisy made
Ah. The way I read it in the description, it sounded like they would actually do it in the thread. Derp.
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Draconus »

Wow! :rip: Yo. I still think Bullzeye was a civ. I didn't have a read on Kate yet. But sorry to see you both go so soon!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

It is very strange to see that bea was removed from the poll today. I think I will vote for her today! ... Oh, wait :|

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Wow! :rip: Yo. I still think Bullzeye was a civ. I didn't have a read on Kate yet. But sorry to see you both go so soon!
I'm not positive, according to Strongsad's poem today.

Here it is:
All this talk
Who is who
What is what
Where are bad
I think in the target
Could Strongsad be suggesting Bullzeye is bad with his/her target rhetoric?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

When asking Mongoose if it was Bea's e-mail that was picked by Strongbad, I noticed Snowdog jumped right in and responded "well nobody knows that besides Bea and the host. unless Bea is bad" and yes, that was exactly what I was thinking!

Though Snowdog did mention that Bea could be bad, the post seemed more of a defensive one. Maybe it wasn't, I can see that, but that's just the way I took it. So I did some looking through of Bea, Mongoose and Snowdog's posts...

I couldn't find much of a link between Bea and the other two, although I do find it interesting that she called out Mata for suspecting Elo.

As for the other two...
Mongoose wrote:linki - I think it would be weird if only civs had poll information. It ties up too nicely too. It doesn't auto make Snowy bad though. I feel like Snowy is just being careful in what he says so he doesn't rule break. There's probably only so much he can say.
Fair enough.
Mongoose wrote:I didn't really see anything problematic with what Snowy said. At worst, it seemed like it was just a communication calamity.
Okey dokey...
Mongoose wrote:Wow! Good job, guys. Especially good job, Snowy. Your vote may have saved a civ soul.
Especially Snowy! Nice civ cred there, Snowy!

And then...
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:ATTENTION: This is not an MP Quote, but Matt F talking. This was a big muddled mess of a quote, but essentially MP lectures Llama over theorizing that Elo or Mongoose could be bad. If you want to see the full quote, just look back through the thread.
Agreed. And I will not be following any of these theories. I dismiss them now.
Soooo...

Mongoose doesn't think Snowy is bad, even gives him special props for saving Bullz. And on the flipside, Snowy disregards Mongoose being suspicious cuz MP said so.

In addition, Mongoose makes several posts looking like he is suspicious of new players (easy targets?)...
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Alex, do you find it odd that BDH is encouraging people to talk about their info, while you are discouraging them?
It makes me rather nervous too.
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm voting for Captain Bunny Killer. I hate non-participants and I want to give the more talkative players a couple of days to see if I get a better read on them. I can't get a read on someone who doesn't post.
Has she even posted once in this game?
Then again, looking at these posts, I can also possibly see a Mongoose/Llama correlation.

Eventually Mongoose votes...
Mongoose wrote:I am going to vote for Lizzy to spread the vote around and buy us some time. It's not a random vote; I don't think anyone else will vote her and tie the game up 4 ways.
So you intentionally threw a non-random vote at someone so you could avoid the tie breaker, is what I'm seeing?

I dunno, it's only Day 2, but I have a bad feeling about Mr Goose, I just can't decide who his teammate is! :srsnod:

*whew*

Anyway, gotta go. Be back later!
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Well, I still haven't really learned anything about anyone. But from reading Strongbad's email I think I know who Strongbad is :D

Linki: That's a good observation, Mongoose! I'm not really sure anymore. :(

Linki: HFS, Matt!!! :overreact:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Matt, Mongoose is a female...

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

But! All good points. Potential Mongoose vote from me, although, I am also not sure yet. I would definitely like to hear from Mongoose about this one. :srsnod:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mongoose wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Wow! :rip: Yo. I still think Bullzeye was a civ. I didn't have a read on Kate yet. But sorry to see you both go so soon!

Here it is:
All this talk
Who is who
What is what
Where are bad
I think in the target
Mongoose, are you saying Bullz instead of kate because Bullz was a target inside the hut? Or is there some other reason you speak just of him being the point of the poem?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

I have been a little suspicious of Mongoose ever since Day One with her crazy, distracting theories. I am looking at a Hedgeowl vote today because I believe she was trying to save Elo with her vote timing, but I would not oppose people voting for Mongoose as well.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:It is very strange to see that bea was removed from the poll today. I think I will vote for her today! ... Oh, wait :|
you are only a little bit funny. :p
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Matt, Mongoose is a female...
I already know tha-oh, nvm

RIP killed people
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

RIPIYWG Bullzeye and Kate. Definitely had a civvie read on Bullzeye, had no idea about Kate.

I'm pretty sure I also know exactly who Strong Bad is.

I feel like there was at least a post or two for me to address, but sorry, things have been pretty crazy for me as of late, and I can't be bothered to go back looking. So if someone did want my opinion on something or asked me something and I didn't respond, just ask me again. I honestly can't remember.

As to who I'm looking at today... I'm actually feeling a bit wary of llama, as much as I hate to say it. My gut is screaming baddie on him for some reason half the time I read his posts. They just don't read like civvie llama to me. Sorry, llama, I know that's hard to defend against, and it's far from saying I'll even vote for you today, but my gut feels most strongly about you independent of evidence.

As to Mongoose, I'm not leaning strongly on her one way or the other; she can be kind of hard to read. That said, I think I might lean just 1% civvie, but am very unsure. I think I find it a bit hard to believe she would act the way she did with Elohcin in thread if they were teammates; it seems too buddy buddy and obvious. I don't think they would have interacted like that and drawn so much attention to both of them, especially throwing out the wacky theories. I could be wrong, but I doubt I'll be giving her my vote.

I agree that Hedgeowl's vote yesterday makes her look bad, definitively. I don't understand why anyone would have gone on and voted Vompatti after I specifically made that speech in my vote about wanting to bait players and see if anyone else would vote for him, despite the fact that I had no idea as to his alignment. It makes no sense. But just because it makes no sense doesn't mean Hedgeowl is baddie...

Again, it comes back to the question of whether we think Elohcin's teammates would have tried to have saved her or not. Did they even think she would be the one to go? She did receive three of those votes sort of out of nowhere. Perhaps one of those three is even her teammate. Or her teammates avoided her altogether. I think the latter is probably the most likely... for at least two of the three teammates. Maybe one went out there specifically and tried to save her or throw her under the bus. But I would bet that most of her teammates avoided to comment on her altogether because it would be harder for us to pick out and it would honestly probably have been the smartest move to make.

I could see voting for Hedgeowl... but I don't want to railroad a civvie. I can definitely see a scenario that would make her bad, but I'm naturally hesitant.

I might vote for a low poster like rey or someone else, especially if that low poster also randomized on Day 1. I at least went out on a limb and tried to learn something by way of my vote and it got me attention (from Mata and Kate most notably). Those who randomize receive no attention. Also, turns out Elohcin randomized and she was entirely insincere in her intentions. We could find someone else who was the same.

I also have to say I find Devin suspicious again now. Why, you ask? Just because I know he loves it. :p

No, but seriously, I can't put my finger on it. I am still mostly unsure of him, but I find it interesting how my little stunt to try to subtly draw attention to him in one of my previous posts didn't get a response from anyone. That and a few of his posts have struck an odd chord with me... not sure if they're sinister at all, just odd.

Definitely keeping my eye on a few others as well... they will remain nameless just in case they make me feel better about them and because my feelings are pretty low on the suspici-o-meter.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I want to hear from as many players as possible as to what they are currently are thinking -- what they think of what Elohcin's teammates would do, where they are looking today (if anywhere), and what they think looking over players' behavior and especially their Day 1 votes. I know it's still early, but it doesn't hurt to talk everything out as much as possible. Besides, that's how you can catch insincerity...

Not sure when I'll be back in the thread again, might be a while... but it'll be before the vote ends, at least.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: As to who I'm looking at today... I'm actually feeling a bit wary of llama, as much as I hate to say it. My gut is screaming baddie on him for some reason half the time I read his posts. They just don't read like civvie llama to me. Sorry, llama, I know that's hard to defend against, and it's far from saying I'll even vote for you today, but my gut feels most strongly about you independent of evidence.
:feb:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Mongoose wrote:

Here it is:
All this talk
Who is who
What is what
Where are bad
I think in the target
I read this as not really having any solid leads on anything/anyone but that maybe strong sad feels HE is being targeted ("Ithink IM the target'...the word "in" being an easy typo).
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Well this is going to take a while, so you might as well put on some comfy pants. I am going to quote a few of y'all and then respond underneath. Also, I am going to reply to all of Matt's concerns, but in a different post since he has asked/posited forth a lot of fodder.
A Person wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Matt, Mongoose is a female...
I already know tha-oh, nvm
Ha, yeah, the other Matt :D
thellama73 wrote:I have been a little suspicious of Mongoose ever since Day One with her crazy, distracting theories. I am looking at a Hedgeowl vote today because I believe she was trying to save Elo with her vote timing, but I would not oppose people voting for Mongoose as well.
Yes, I was indeed distracting the thread from all the other Putlizer-Prize winning posts for incredible analysis and synthesis. I'm not going to apologize for so-called illogical or crazy theories. Sometimes the most abstract ideas turn into the most solvent. Leave no stone unturned, I say.
juliets wrote:Mongoose, are you saying Bullz instead of kate because Bullz was a target inside the hut? Or is there some other reason you speak just of him being the point of the poem?
Hi Juliet. I just noticed that the word "target" was in Strongsad's poem. And a bullseye is part of a target. That's literally all I was drawing upon. Strongsad is a civ and thus wouldn't know that Bullz was going to die. I think it's possible that Strongsad was warning us that s/he thought Bullz was a baddie. I'm not convinced he is or that Strongsad was implying this, but throwing it out there because I caught the use of the word "target" in the poem.
MovingPictures07 wrote:As to Mongoose, I'm not leaning strongly on her one way or the other; she can be kind of hard to read. That said, I think I might lean just 1% civvie, but am very unsure. I think I find it a bit hard to believe she would act the way she did with Elohcin in thread if they were teammates; it seems too buddy buddy and obvious. I don't think they would have interacted like that and drawn so much attention to both of them, especially throwing out the wacky theories. I could be wrong, but I doubt I'll be giving her my vote.
Righto, plus I don't have teammates, but I wish I did! I would definitely be more subtle than to actively defend my teammate that openly. I'm much more slippery and sinister when I was bad. I get myself in trouble for defending people, but in my head I don't always even consider it "defending." I read it a lot as "Devil's Advocate." I don't like it when players are continually lynched for doing the same things they always do (Llama and Snowy for example), so I want to present another side to it. I'm aaaalways defending other people, so you can't read baddie allegiance just from that.

Now onto Matt's post. Going to do it in a separate post since there's a lot to reply to. Feel free to ask for clarification or elucidation about all this. My husband is playing The Inbetweeners very loudly so it's a little hard to ascertain if my words are as cogent to you as they are to me.

linki MP - I'm a little worried about llama too. He knows I am acting the way I normally do and he knows better than anyone what I'm like as a baddie (I'm referencing the game he hosted).

linki - BDH Maybe! I wonder if there's a way we can get an answer if there's a typo in there.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

I just read the poll title "Who burninated Bullzeye?" and the answer is clearly TROGDOR...so now if Trogdor could please step forward I'm sure we would all rest easier tonight...
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Got it Mongoose - bullz,target. Just went right over my head the first time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

Mongoose wrote:

Here it is:
All this talk
Who is who
What is what
Where are bad
I think in the target
Why are you so sure that StrongSad would be right? It's not like StrongSad has any info.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I think it will be easiest for all if I reply in a different color instead of messing around with quote tags.
Matt F wrote:
Mongoose wrote:linki - I think it would be weird if only civs had poll information. It ties up too nicely too. It doesn't auto make Snowy bad though. I feel like Snowy is just being careful in what he says so he doesn't rule break. There's probably only so much he can say.
Fair enough.
I get very nervous about rule breaking, and I was afraid it was headed that way. Not that Snowy would rule break, but in the inquisition of Snowy that someone else would. That whole line of questioning was making very uncomfortable as I was unsure what exactly the info-receivers were allowed to share with us.
Mongoose wrote:I didn't really see anything problematic with what Snowy said. At worst, it seemed like it was just a communication calamity.
Okey dokey...
Mongoose wrote:Wow! Good job, guys. Especially good job, Snowy. Your vote may have saved a civ soul.
Especially Snowy! Nice civ cred there, Snowy!

And then...

He voted in a way I wasn't willing to do. He was brave and was willing to attempt to break the tie. He had a feeling B&V were civ or at least civ-ish, so he went with his gut.
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:ATTENTION: This is not an MP Quote, but Matt F talking. This was a big muddled mess of a quote, but essentially MP lectures Llama over theorizing that Elo or Mongoose could be bad. If you want to see the full quote, just look back through the thread.
Agreed. And I will not be following any of these theories. I dismiss them now.
I've been reading this as Snowy was dismissing my crazy theories. He doesn't really do silliness.

Soooo...

Mongoose doesn't think Snowy is bad, even gives him special props for saving Bullz. And on the flipside, Snowy disregards Mongoose being suspicious cuz MP said so.

In addition, Mongoose makes several posts looking like he is suspicious of new players (easy targets?)...
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Alex, do you find it odd that BDH is encouraging people to talk about their info, while you are discouraging them?
It makes me rather nervous too.
tThis is due to my stance on rule-following (see my treatise on that above, in the same post). Anyone that's hosted me in a game knows that I will be constantly PM'ing the host to ask for clarifications on the rules rather than making assumptions. "Is it okay if I say this?" "What does this rule mean because I don't like breaking it." I just felt we were on very shaky territory with delving into the line of questioning we were in, and I thought we should drop it. Daisy doesn't seem like the type of host to abide nonsense and I didn't want anyone to get mod-killed or penalized for saying more than s/he should. Being a rule follower doesn't prove my civ allegiance in this game, but it should help corroborate my apprehension about the topic of discussion that day.
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm voting for Captain Bunny Killer. I hate non-participants and I want to give the more talkative players a couple of days to see if I get a better read on them. I can't get a read on someone who doesn't post.
Has she even posted once in this game?

Here I was inquiring about a player's involvement. The mod was kind enough to fill us in on some things that made us feel a lot better, and I'm glad she did. Staying under the radar is a good baddie tactic, and we are all often concerned about that. CBK isn't in that camp though and I'm happy to play a game with her.

Then again, looking at these posts, I can also possibly see a Mongoose/Llama correlation.
Only in the sense that we like it when you are all here playing with us; come let's party together! The more the merrier, etc.

Eventually Mongoose votes...
Mongoose wrote:I am going to vote for Lizzy to spread the vote around and buy us some time. It's not a random vote; I don't think anyone else will vote her and tie the game up 4 ways.
So you intentionally threw a non-random vote at someone so you could avoid the tie breaker, is what I'm seeing?

Seriously? One billion people randomized this game. I took the more safe option of picking someone that didn't have any votes instead of randomizing (and thus coming across a player who already had several votes. I intentionally picked Lizzy because it was later into the vote and I didn't think it was likely for anyone to intentionally vote for her. I couldn't be sure that V or B was civ, and I didn't want to erroneously vote one civ to save another. For all I knew, they could have all three been civ. With the numbers we have in his game, it could have happened.

I dunno, it's only Day 2, but I have a bad feeling about Mr Goose, I just can't decide who his teammate is! :srsnod:

No teammates for me. I'm a lonely lonely mongoose. Not a bad one though.

*whew*

Anyway, gotta go. Be back later!

I want to conclude with saying that I in no way have animosity toward new players. I'm no vet myself, so that would be extremely duplicitous. Thanks for reading all this and don't hesitate to ask for clarifications, etc.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Dom wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Here it is:
All this talk
Who is who
What is what
Where are bad
I think in the target
Why are you so sure that StrongSad would be right? It's not like StrongSad has any info.
Good question, but we don't know that Strongsad doesn't have any info either. I feel like if SS wants to put that in his/her poem, that s/he feels pretty strongly about it. S/he could have told us anything and that is what s/he thought would be the most useful. I'm not trying to say that I am taking it as gospel, because I'm not. I just know I like to take them to heart when we have in-thread msessages from civs. They've been very useful in other games (Mario is the one that immediately comes to mind), so take them with a grain of salt, but just still take them in.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Hedgeowl »

I just spent all day posting in another game, so I am burning out a bit, apologies.

Everyone who is suspicious of me because of my vote for Vomps, I understand. Please see my previous post on this matter:

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:llama, have you already explained why you will be looking at gleam in another post somewhere (tbh, there has been so much posting I've lost track of some of the smaller things)? If not, could you give me some help on why you are looking there tomorrow?
I don't remember saying that. :huh: Perhaps you have me confused with someone else.

Right now, I am a little wary of Hedgeowl, for voting to tie Vompatti with Elohcin, and you for saying "I don't understand why Elo is getting votes" although to be honest, I doubt you would be that obvious if you were on her team.
1. You suspect me in every game we've played together. Usually on Day 1. I was surprised you didn't mention me yesterday. This susicion does not surprise me at all.

2. That being said this is actually the best reason you have had to suspect me so far. Shoot, I'd suspect me.

3. My thoughts were, I dont suspect Elo, Vomps or Bullz, but I dont want to throw my vote away. So I thought what would happen in a tie vote? I don't know what daisy does in ties. In Epi's game no one dies, so maybe no one will die. I assume we now know that daisy randoms between ties.

As for huts, I would assume Trogdor has to pick before we all vote, otherwise what's the point. The logic to all be in one then makes sense. If we all split he is guaranteed a kill. So Medicine man it is.
Nothing more to say than this really. I highly suggest you do not lynch me, but that's what anyone would say.

Linki- mongoose- not that color! :overreact: it does not show well on the black for me. K, thanks. :D
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: linki MP - I'm a little worried about llama too. He knows I am acting the way I normally do and he knows better than anyone what I'm like as a baddie (I'm referencing the game he hosted).
You weren't a baddie in the game I hosted! There were no baddies in that game. :)

I do know your personality and the way you usually act, yes, but I don't know. Something seems a little different this time. Like you are more aggressive than usual. Anyway, you don't have to worry about a vote from me yet. I am voting for Hedgeowl.

Oh, and regarding suspicions about me, they are all very vague so I'm not sure how to respond to them besides saying I have no BTSC or info this game and I think I have provided helpful analysis and you would all be worse off without me :p

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Here's my few thoughts for the evening. And this will be a long one, so grab a cup of coffee if you need it.

First off, RIPIYWG Bullz and Kate. I was iffy with Bullz, and I didn't have a read on Kate yet.

Secondly, I'm not sure why Bea was removed from the poll. I would be curious to know if she knows how she was. Because right now, the only thing I can think of is secrets. I can understand it possibly being that Strong Bad picked her email, but somehow I doubt that's actually what it is.

Next, I'm not going to spend too much time trying to figure anything out about the secret event. I would assume the people who are involved with it are already aware of it. Unfortunately, I am not one of them.

I think Strong Sad made a typo in his poem, and meant to put 'I'm' instead of 'in'. Maybe he thinks Bullz was being set up by someone? Idk. But then again, Strong Sad doesn't have info as far as I'm aware, so I'll take it with a grain of salt unless I find more evidence to back that up.

I can see where Matt F. is coming from with Mongoose. It definitely seems ironic that she would be hesitant about new players, when she herself isn't really much of a veteran yet. Something to keep an eye on for sure.

Llama, for some reason I feel a lot of your posts are lacking the kind of substance I am used to seeing. I feel like you normally try to be fairly helpful, but I feel like your posts aren't saying as much as they normally do. Maybe it's just a gut feeling for now, but it's how I feel about you.

Not sure I see what the case on Hedgeowl is. Would someone care to elaborate?

I know MP has a lot of stuff going on IRL, but does anyone else feel like he's just throwing a lot of names and theories out there to see if anything sticks? I guess I'm used to him making lots of giant quote pyramids and finding lots of evidence to back up his claims. So idk if it's because of his RL stuff that he isn't doing that or if it's a more nefarious reason. I'll give him a bit of time for now with it though, given what he's been dealing with this week, but I'm hoping that picks up again soon.

I think that's about it for now. You may sit back and exhale. :phew:

Linki
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: linki MP - I'm a little worried about llama too. He knows I am acting the way I normally do and he knows better than anyone what I'm like as a baddie (I'm referencing the game he hosted).
You weren't a baddie in the game I hosted! There were no baddies in that game. :)

I do know your personality and the way you usually act, yes, but I don't know. Something seems a little different this time. Like you are more aggressive than usual.
Hmm, could be I am more aggressive this game. I hope no one feels like I am being aggressive with them though. IRL I've been trying to be more assertive (tired of being a doormat!) and I wonder if this self-forced empowerment is bleeding over into the game.

Hedgie et al - I am so sorry! It was such a lovely bright olive on my computer! I thought it would contrast nicely. I'll use something different next time.

linki BWT - I am not sure what the Hedgie Theory is either. Guys, is it mostly the timing of her vote? That doesn't seem like a super strong foundation.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Llama, for some reason I feel a lot of your posts are lacking the kind of substance I am used to seeing. I feel like you normally try to be fairly helpful, but I feel like your posts aren't saying as much as they normally do. Maybe it's just a gut feeling for now, but it's how I feel about you.

Not sure I see what the case on Hedgeowl is. Would someone care to elaborate?
To be honest, I'm having a bit of analysis paralysis. There are so many roles with so many powers, I'm having a hard time coming up with plausible explanations of what is going on without descending into baseless speculation. I am trying to keep it simple, hence my intention to vote for Hedgeowl.

The case against her is the following: Vompatti had two votes, Elohcin had three. Then Hedgeowl voted late for Vompatti, tying the vote. Then Elohcin flipped baddie. I never saw a strong case against vomps, so I think her vote was an effort to protect a teammate.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

@Mongoose: I will keep it in mind. I'm just saying that given our lack of any other evidence, I'm not willing to run with Strong Sad's idea yet. I need something else to corroborate it.

@Llama: Fair enough for now. :P I know my suspicion is fairly vague as well. Hence why you probably won't be getting a vote from me today unless something changes.

@Hedgeowl: I can see how you have drawn suspicion now with your vote's timing. I will add your name to the list of people I am paying attention to for now. And honestly, I think it's mostly because of statement #3 from you. It just reads as...off to me.

Linki w/ Mongoose: I can see that happening. Sometimes, how I feel IRL can translate into how my posts come across in mafia. I also agree the font color was very hard for me to read. I normally like to stick with a light (but not too light) blue for instances like that. It's much easier on the eyes. ;)

Linki w/ Llama: I don't blame you. A game with this many different powers can be a lot to swallow this early. And thanks for the more in-depth explanation as well!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: linki BWT - I am not sure what the Hedgie Theory is either. Guys, is it mostly the timing of her vote? That doesn't seem like a super strong foundation.
I think it is a stronger foundation than anything else anyone has come up with at this point. It is based on data rather than interpretation of tone, which a notoriously difficult thing to do in this game. Tone is affected by everything from sleepiness, mood, real life events, hunger, r a myriad of other things. I realize that sometimes I am more terse than I would like to be when I am not feeling well or generally annoyed about something unrelated to mafia. I have ended up lynching a lot of civs based on misreading of tone, and I want to try to avoid that this game.

Linki: BWT. Exactly my point about real life affecting your posts. Thanks for the confirmation :)

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ok... Just going to post and then catch up. Mongoose, I'm not going to vote for you today. I dropped my ping somewhere in your rain forest post. I didn't even make it all the way through.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I also have to say I find Devin suspicious again now. Why, you ask? Just because I know he loves it. :p

No, but seriously, I can't put my finger on it. I am still mostly unsure of him, but I find it interesting how my little stunt to try to subtly draw attention to him in one of my previous posts didn't get a response from anyone. That and a few of his posts have struck an odd chord with me... not sure if they're sinister at all, just odd.
What can I say... I'm an odd balll :bounce:

By the way I hate you :noble:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

bea wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:It is very strange to see that bea was removed from the poll today. I think I will vote for her today! ... Oh, wait :|
you are only a little bit funny. :p
XD

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hey, if I thought any of y'all were baddie badpants, I'd cross-examine you, so I expect the same treatment.

Also, why did I randomly italicize the word "aggressive" in my post? That's so weird. I'm watching Dark Shadows now (the TV show) and it makes me internet stupid. I think I wanted to italicize "with" instead.

Vompers isn't proven to be civ (although I will easily concede I am not super suspecting him right now), so I don't think voting for Hedge is something I will do tomorrow. It's too Minority Report for me. We don't even know if it was a future crime because we don't know Vompers' allegiance for sure. It seems predicated on a lot of assumptions and contingencies and I'm not willing to risk that yet when I think there are potentially more defined cases out there.

I know that a lot of you are having mild pings on me, so I hope you don't think I'm being too defensive or anything. I feel like I've laid down and died on some games, so I want to be a bit more proactive in defending myself while the game is fresh and it makes more sense.

Now I'm going to go play in the OT forums before I bore you all into voting me for that! ;)

linki - Welcome to the jungle, Dev :biggrin:

linki Llama Lo - Let's all make sure to eat right before the vote. I know improper nourishments always makes me a cranky bear too.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:Hey, if I thought any of y'all were baddie badpants, I'd cross-examine you, so I expect the same treatment.

Also, why did I randomly italicize the word "aggressive" in my post? That's so weird. I'm watching Dark Shadows now (the TV show) and it makes me internet stupid. I think I wanted to italicize "with" instead.

Vompers isn't proven to be civ (although I will easily concede I am not super suspecting him right now), so I don't think voting for Hedge is something I will do tomorrow. It's too Minority Report for me. We don't even know if it was a future crime because we don't know Vompers' allegiance for sure. It seems predicated on a lot of assumptions and contingencies and I'm not willing to risk that yet when I think there are potentially more defined cases out there.

I know that a lot of you are having mild pings on me, so I hope you don't think I'm being too defensive or anything. I feel like I've laid down and died on some games, so I want to be a bit more proactive in defending myself while the game is fresh and it makes more sense.

Now I'm going to go play in the OT forums before I bore you all into voting me for that! ;)

linki - Welcome to the jungle, Dev :biggrin:

linki Llama Lo - Let's all make sure to eat right before the vote. I know improper nourishments always makes me a cranky bear too.
I watched a few episodes of Dark Shadows, but I couldn't get through it. Too Soap Opera for me, I'm afraid.

Vompatti's alignment is not really relevant to Hedgeowl's guilt. If she is a member of the teen girl squad, as I suspect, she would vote for Vomps to save her teammate if he was any alignment other than a member of teen girl squad. She would be just as likely to vote for a blue laser or an indie as a civvie.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Mongoose wrote:I know that a lot of you are having mild pings on me, so I hope you don't think I'm being too defensive or anything. I feel like I've laid down and died on some games, so I want to be a bit more proactive in defending myself while the game is fresh and it makes more sense.
I don't think you're being too defensive. After reading your response to me, I feel a lot better about you. I've only played one game with you so far, I think, and I wasn't aware that you defend other players the way that you do.

I still think your day 1 vote was odd, but not enough of a reason to vote for you...yet. :p

Oh, and apologies for calling you a man, lady goose!

What is the case on Hedge now? He voted Vomps last minute, and some people think it was an attempt to save Elo?
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Hedge is also a female... But you have the reason down :p

I do see a decent case in this and will probably end up voting for Hedge today if nothing better comes along. I haven't really seen anything else to go on,though.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Hedge is also a female... But you have the reason down :p
:sigh:
Image Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

For the record, I also think Mongoose is doing an admirable job of defending herself without sounding defensive, something I tend to be bad at.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:For the record, I also think Mongoose is doing an admirable job of defending herself without sounding defensive, something I tend to be bad at.
I agree. Alignment aside, she is playing incredible game so far and I applaud her for her defenses! :)

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

EBWOP: *an* incredible game...

Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Leamiteo »

Mongoose wrote:I think it was probably triggered by the number of deaths (3) and/or that each type of villain (the teen girl killer, the blue laser kill and Trogdor) was able to secure a kill. But I learned my lesson about speculating in this game!
This is plausible. You're allowed to speculate, don't stop. Because if you become quiet you'll become a target for being quiet. XD
Matt F wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:@ vompatti- Stringsad had a poem right after strongbad's email in the post daisy made
Ah. The way I read it in the description, it sounded like they would actually do it in the thread. Derp.
I thought the same thing initially. Guess not! That would be waaay to easy to identify him. Hmm, maybe Strongsad is the one who speaks in prose. :biggrin:
I voted for Bullz and therefore immediately associated "target" with him, but perhaps that's just because in my own mind I was already thinking "baddie". I don't know though and I guess we'll find out in time.

I find it interesting that BWT and BDH both posited that "in" was in fact a typo in Strongsad's poem. :ponder: Don't you think Strongsad, who has the opportunity to submitted something for the thread would proof read? And if it were a typo, wouldn't it make sense that there would have been an apostrophe? However, as was mentioned before, we don't know that Strongsad has any information, so perhaps it is just a person who suspected Bullz and vocalized it in the thread?

I guess I am confused about why you feel that it was a typo? Do either of you, BWT or BDH, care to give any more insight on that?

I hope you weren't civvies Bullz and Kate! What does it mean that the SK chose the Warrior Hut? There were only three people in it...the SK works alone right? So Trogdor wouldn't know the alignment of anyone else. What is the goal of the SK? Kill everyone off? I'm kind of stumbling along as I go, thanks for bearing with me, all.

OK, that's all for now. :offtobed:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I agree that Hedgeowl's vote yesterday makes her look bad, definitively. I don't understand why anyone would have gone on and voted Vompatti after I specifically made that speech in my vote about wanting to bait players and see if anyone else would vote for him, despite the fact that I had no idea as to his alignment. It makes no sense. But just because it makes no sense doesn't mean Hedgeowl is baddie...

I could see voting for Hedgeowl... but I don't want to railroad a civvie. I can definitely see a scenario that would make her bad, but I'm naturally hesitant.
So...what does this mean, concerning your thoughts on Owl? Good or bad?

Also, as an Elo voter, I'm most interested in you elaborating on your thoughts on how you think an Elo teammate would throw her under the bus. You also said all three of her votes came out of nowhere, but I had a small ping on her rather early, when she used the line "We civs gotta stick together" when talking to you in the thread. When it came time to vote, I felt better about voting her then randoming someone I didn't have any suspicion on, as weak as a suspicion as it may have been.

Looking back through your posts, I also notice that at one point, you told Llama that you didn't believe Mongoose or Elo would be so obvious buddy buddy in the thread with their theories. Once Elo was lynched, you later say (very recently) that you still don't believe da Goose is a baddie.

Now, don't get me wrong, after Goose's response to me, I feel a lot better about her. However, given that you were already telling people to not look their way, I would think upon learning that Elo WAS a baddie, that you would be a bit more hesitant yourself when it comes to Goose.

Seeing as you're not suspicious of her all that much, even tipping her with a 1% civvie vibe, it makes me wonder if you know Goose isn't on the cheerleader team. And then I wonder how you would know such a thing?

Furthermore, considering you went out of your way to vote for Vomps all the while saying you were hoping to catch a baddie for voting Vomps as well (which is a bit weird to announce in the thread, btw). Now Hedge votes Vomps, all the while putting Vomps and Elo (baddie Elo) in a tie, and it seems like you don't want to vote for Hedge, but rather, a low poster. Or possibly even an Elo voter???

Maybe I'm just not understanding your motivations in this game, MP.
Image Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
thellama73 wrote:For the record, I also think Mongoose is doing an admirable job of defending herself without sounding defensive, something I tend to be bad at.
I agree. Alignment aside, she is playing incredible game so far and I applaud her for her defenses! :)
Well shucks guys. Honestly, after my slopping playing in Mario, I wanted to bring my game up a notch.

Also my cat says: pi[t[pit[piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii0t[[[[[[[p0[pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkn

I wish there a special color for cats walking on keyboards.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”