Total votes: 12
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 63

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [NIGHT 3]

Post by Sorsha »

Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:DDL, I've noticed a trend of you being obscure and do think you need to be lynched soon.

Snow Dog same thing, but it's only been a single post that directly rubbed me the wrong way. Overall I don't think this is the same civvy Snow Dog I saw in monkey Island. @LC I'd like your opinion on this.
Definitely not the same Snow Dog that we saw in Monkey Island. I have already given an opinion on his play:
Long Con wrote:I am suspicious of Snow Dog because of his drastically different playstyle. He wants to go fast and loose this game, carefree and a bit chaotic. It's a fine choice, and one that a Civ might make to survive longer (because who wants to nightkill the court jester? He's no threat...), but my other feeling is a bit stronger, that he is a baddie that wants to avoid a lynch by acting that way. It's really hard to separate truly suspicious behaviour from fun chaos behaviour. Which would be the point. It's not nearly enough for me to advocate Snow Dog's lynch though... and anyway, I owe him for our last game together, and I want to follow through on that.
A question to everyone: do you think Dom lie-detected Quin as bad, or was he just upset about his lynch and lashing out at the stand-out vote? I can understand the idea that a baddie Quin would vote off the main wagon under normal circumstances (as in: a lynch that had some voting variety), but I'm not sure that Quin's DDL vote warranted that accusation from Dom.
If you have the time, I'd recommend you go through my posts and see if you can pick out anything that Dom could have checked that would incriminate me. I don't think you'd be able to. As for my voting off the main wagons - that's just me. As a civ, I did it in Red vs Blue, and as a baddie, I did it in Mad Max. It's as 3J calls it 'a convenient meta'. :p
I did go through your posts looking for a detectable statement. There was at least once where you said "I'm a civ" but it was in a longer sentence which could have possibly made it a non-detectable. One thing I did notice was you pointing out a statement Epi made for Josephine to detect... if you were concerned about her getting a detectable statement I wonder why you didn't make a clear one for her.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 547

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 2]

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:FYI: I have not read since the point where our Internet was disconnected, and I don't intend to until my office is set up. My desk is awful and my chair is oozing the black blood of naughty orphans' souls, so no way is that going on carpet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for a while still, DLL,
Spoiler: show
I will be doing nothing. :slick:
Noting this here to see if ddl wants to vig epi...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm still reading Day 1 and I already want to punch Golden in the face. That's a good sign, he's probably a civ.
You seemed to have a read on me fine back then. Why does me being away a day make me hard to read?
You mean, away a week.

And the answer is: because I don't want to freeze my reads? What if you pulled a perfect civ look on day 1 and after you saw it worked you decided to coast for the rest of the game? And if you did that, how can we be sure other than making you post again? And what better way to make you post again than pressuring you with the thread of in-game death?

It's not complicated. I'm not trying to implement some personal policy for killing people. It's just pressure, at the most basic level. It's what I do every game. Threaten to remove players from the game if they not provide a reason for why I should think they are civ.

If vote changing were allowed, I'd be throwing votes like candy. I change votes all the time, because that's a great way of pressuring people. Since that doesn't work here, I have to rely on verbal threats.

You think I did something similar that warrants voting? Then go ahead, vote for me. Point out the scummy stuff I said. Pressure me. If we all do that to each, we'll get to the baddies eventually.

What won't work is waiting until we get a perfect case on someone, while giving people the benefit of doubt. This isn't real life, this is mafia. The best way to produce evidence here is with blood.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And feel free to call me an hypocrite if you want. I won't deny.

I feel like saying what I think people are doing wrong is more productive than sataying silent for the sake of not being an hypocrite.
Half a peanut on its deathbed could call out people for being inactive.

Either you're right, in which case they never read your post and you make no difference, or you're wrong, but you claim some moral victory like you just did with me.

I don't trust your motives.
I don't care about a moral victory with you.

I'm not here to look like a civ.

I'm here to lynch people.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Quin »

Sorsha wrote:
Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:DDL, I've noticed a trend of you being obscure and do think you need to be lynched soon.

Snow Dog same thing, but it's only been a single post that directly rubbed me the wrong way. Overall I don't think this is the same civvy Snow Dog I saw in monkey Island. @LC I'd like your opinion on this.
Definitely not the same Snow Dog that we saw in Monkey Island. I have already given an opinion on his play:
Long Con wrote:I am suspicious of Snow Dog because of his drastically different playstyle. He wants to go fast and loose this game, carefree and a bit chaotic. It's a fine choice, and one that a Civ might make to survive longer (because who wants to nightkill the court jester? He's no threat...), but my other feeling is a bit stronger, that he is a baddie that wants to avoid a lynch by acting that way. It's really hard to separate truly suspicious behaviour from fun chaos behaviour. Which would be the point. It's not nearly enough for me to advocate Snow Dog's lynch though... and anyway, I owe him for our last game together, and I want to follow through on that.
A question to everyone: do you think Dom lie-detected Quin as bad, or was he just upset about his lynch and lashing out at the stand-out vote? I can understand the idea that a baddie Quin would vote off the main wagon under normal circumstances (as in: a lynch that had some voting variety), but I'm not sure that Quin's DDL vote warranted that accusation from Dom.
If you have the time, I'd recommend you go through my posts and see if you can pick out anything that Dom could have checked that would incriminate me. I don't think you'd be able to. As for my voting off the main wagons - that's just me. As a civ, I did it in Red vs Blue, and as a baddie, I did it in Mad Max. It's as 3J calls it 'a convenient meta'. :p
I did go through your posts looking for a detectable statement. There was at least once where you said "I'm a civ" but it was in a longer sentence which could have possibly made it a non-detectable. One thing I did notice was you pointing out a statement Epi made for Josephine to detect... if you were concerned about her getting a detectable statement I wonder why you didn't make a clear one for her.
Just going off my experience with the role, 'I'm a civ' wouldn't have been detectable.

I assume that this is the post that you're referring to about Epi:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Additionally, if "scum is passive" then I'm terrible when I'm Mafia. If you really believe that DDL, then you would be eager to lynch someone who hadn't posted at all at that point (like me or Eloh), but you went for Snow Dog. Why?
They are. It's the basic nature of the game. Multi-faction games kind of damp that, but generally, mafias are passive.

The game thread is about finding scum. It's what everyone is either doing, or pretending to be doing. The side that is not doing it is the passive one.

Mafias can do things (like manipulate players to act their way and such), but most of them are just smokescreen so civs don't realize they are not actually doing jack shit. Mafias want the day to end already so they can kill players faster and get to LyLo.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also when I say "passive", it's not about number of posts. A player can make 100 posts a day and still not do anything. The scariest baddies are the ones who can do exactly that and still be hard to read, imo.
So, really, "passive baddies" equals people whose cases DDL doesn't agree with?

This just feels very subjective, and not warranting grand statements like calling it the "basic nature of the game."

DDL, when you are bad, do you not try to play as closely to your civ game as possible? Thinking that "aggressive" = civ, and "passive" = scum, wouldn't you try to be as aggressive as possible regardless of alignment?

It feels like a system where you'll always be townread, regardless of actual alignment.
The first statement is putting things in my mouth. I didn't say that.

My baddie game is a work in progress since I'm usually pretty terrible at it and I've only recently played my first game where I lived until the end as bad. So I can't really say much about how I play as baddie, I change it every game. What I can say is, if someone is bad, they will try to look like they are scumhunting, but other than those games with two or more factions, baddies can't scumhunt. So they have to pretend they are doing it. Since that's the number one thing the game thread is for, baddies are passive in the game thread by nature. They have to pretend they are doing the one thing everyone is doing.

And yes, my opinion are subjective. Problem? I refuse to change them because some people think having them makes me a baddie.
You underestimate good mafia. When I'm bad, I can do nothing and still make you think I'm your only hope.
I think Josephine needs to fact check this. :grin:
Which was referencing the part I coloured blue - it was a joke. Making a lie detectable statement wasn't a concern for me.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I recall DF saing he wouldn't be allowed stuff like "I'm a civ" to be detected.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And feel free to call me an hypocrite if you want. I won't deny.

I feel like saying what I think people are doing wrong is more productive than sataying silent for the sake of not being an hypocrite.

Either you're right, in which case they never read your post and you make no difference, or you're wrong, but you claim some moral victory like you just did with me.

Ok, I like those last two posts. I just don't think half of what you have been saying beforehand meshes with it.

Like, take the post where you analyse the Dom votes and reach no conclusions at all. What's the point except to make yourself look civ?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:

Ok, I like those last two posts. I just don't think half of what you have been saying beforehand meshes with it.

Like, take the post where you analyse the Dom votes and reach no conclusions at all. What's the point except to make yourself look civ?
Because I'm lazy.

And even if I reach no conclusions myself, I want to provide material for other people to do.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I recall DF saing he wouldn't be allowed stuff like "I'm a civ" to be detected.
I reckon there would be meaty stuff in our convo for a lie detector. LDs should always start by clarifying how a particular statement would be answered by the host if the player is good, and if they are bad, however. To make sure you know what you are getting.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:

Because I'm lazy.

And even if I reach no conclusions myself, I want to provide material for other people to do.
I've seen you say that before when town.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

As for the thing about calling you arrogant, it isn't really about a moral victory.

It's just that I've been keeping that inside me since that accursed MP/Daisy game. That game, and the argument I had with you in it, affected me so hard it made me retire from this site for months. I almost considered never coming back. And I still have trouble reading your posts without feeling a sudden outburst of rage. I needed to let that all out.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

@Quin- fwiw looking through your posts and Doms posts it doesn't look like you were on his radar before his dying words last night. I don't think he checked you.
Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I recall DF saing he wouldn't be allowed stuff like "I'm a civ" to be detected.
I reckon there would be meaty stuff in our convo for a lie detector. LDs should always start by clarifying how a particular statement would be answered by the host if the player is good, and if they are bad, however. To make sure you know what you are getting.
Golden knows the consequences of choosing a poorly worded statement to check ;)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:As for the thing about calling you arrogant, it isn't really about a moral victory.

It's just that I've been keeping that inside me since that accursed MP/Daisy game. That game, and the argument I had with you in it, affected me so hard it made me retire from this site for months. I almost considered never coming back. And I still have trouble reading your posts without feeling a sudden outburst of rage. I needed to let that all out.
Well that's encouraging.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorsha wrote:@Quin- fwiw looking through your posts and Doms posts it doesn't look like you were on his radar before his dying words last night. I don't think he checked you.
Golden wrote:
Golden knows the consequences of choosing a poorly worded statement to check ;)
You win? :p
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey gang,

Mafia can be a volatile game and emotions run high. I ask though that we all make our best effort to keep the dialogue relevant to the game, and to maintain a consciousness of gamesmanship and good competition.

It's been fun to follow along.
:)
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

One thing that surprises me in the catch up - sig is pretty clear that he was reading glorf as bad well before he subbed out.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 408

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Wilgy, Golden, Marco, MP, Zebra, Sorsha

Imo, the vig should target those people first. In whatever order they prefer.

Nothing personal guys, but I doubt more than two of you will manage to catch up before the game is over.
No offence, but piss off with all the policy stuff. How long have you known me ddl? What could possibly lead you to believe I won't catch up? I'm being entirely contributory and there is plenty of content to read me on at face value.

On the other hand, there are some players you didn't list (epi for instance) who has acknowledged there is a large chunk of the game he didn't read. Why don't you include him? Because he meets your arbitrary definition of contribution? Guess what - I haven't missed a vote. You can't say the same of many people you didn't list.

Your policy reasons for having people die will cost the civs the game. No vig should follow your arbitrary list.
What?

That was ages ago.
Epignosis wrote:My work station is fully operational. :feb:

Alas I have nine pages to read. I'll read in gentle sips throughout the day. :beer:
Epignosis wrote:I changed my mind. I'm not reading all that. I am going to pretend I just replaced in.

Hi.
Epignosis wrote:Okay, I have to read. I can't make sense of anything people are posting. Off I go...
Epignosis wrote:Everything's read.

I won't be voting for sig. sig is exuding confidence. He voted early without concern for the consequences, and oh hey look, two quick votes for sig. Neither MM nor Dom have expressed strong suspicion of anyone, so they voted for the one guy who did.
Snow Dog wrote:My only problem with, well one of the problems with lynching spirtyo is that the poor chap has already been lynched once and lynching him again appears unduly harsh.
This is common thinking for people who replaced in, but sig is still set on lynching Glorfindel's role, which did not change when the latter got replaced.

So no, sig won't be getting my vote. Yes, I'm aware he could be bad and believes he caught somebody from the other team, but that doesn't concern me at this stage.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Thanks for the catch up epi. Any other things you want to catch me up on?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Cool, I just got called out by a MoD.

I guess that's enough mafia for me for today.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:As for the thing about calling you arrogant, it isn't really about a moral victory.

Well that's encouraging.
Isn't the lie detector (dom) dead.
Also why does that surprise you golden?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Post by sig »

I quoted the wrong posts, but you should still be able to understand the question.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:
Golden wrote:

Well that's encouraging.
Isn't the lie detector (dom) dead.
Also why does that surprise you golden?
Because when I asked others if the only case was him subbing, they said yes.

I didn't notice Dom was lie detector. Bugger.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:It doesn't matter. My quietness is all the evidence he should need that I am not bad.
That's silly.

I'm not going to accept a behavior you describe yourself with as a reason that you are not bad. I hope Epignosis doesn't either.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
sig wrote:
Quin wrote:This game is giving me flash backs to Turf Wars.
We're still doing better then that game. :shrug:

I mean technically we're only two civs down, one mafia member, then another three unknowns. So I'd say we're doing pretty good. Also who knows maybe I'll have another god like meta/gut read I can talk about next phase. :p

If not? Then I've got no idea who we should lynch. :(
I was more-so referring to the atomic bomb of suspicion I'm anticipating coming into the next day phase :haha:
I don't think you're all that suspicious. Why do you think you're suspicious? Guilty conscience?
When the lie detector goes down screaming that I'm bad, one has to wonder about the implication that that's going to have one people's read of me. :shrug:
I didn't put those two things together until after I asked you this question.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Cool, I just got called out by a MoD.

I guess that's enough mafia for me for today.
Take care there chap. I'll give you a hug since Glorfindel is dead. :bighug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:It doesn't matter. My quietness is all the evidence he should need that I am not bad.
That's silly.

I'm not going to accept a behavior you describe yourself with as a reason that you are not bad. I hope Epignosis doesn't either.
Is it? Search your feelings marmot, you know it to be true.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
That's silly.

VOTE GOLDEN

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
That's silly.

VOTE GOLDEN
Whatevs.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

There is becoming a very high number of people I need to knock on the head with a shell.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
That's silly.

VOTE GOLDEN
Whatevs.
Did you miss the joke? It's night time, thus a vote for can't possibly do anything. ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'll be gone until Saturday. About to leave to go on a camping/climbing trip. I may be around tomorrow night, but likely not until Saturday.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:Thanks for the catch up epi. Any other things you want to catch me up on?
Not really.

If you genuinely hadn't caught up, why do you have to blast people who suspect you?

Why not say, "Hey, I haven't read anything. I intend to, and will when I am able."

Instead you lose your shit. Why?

Nobody is lynching you Day 4. Everybody is lynching Quin.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

However, I would offer this:

Count Olaf – He is obsessed with the Baudelaire fortune, and will stop at nothing to get it. Olaf is a master of digsuise, so if role checked he will come back as a random civvie. SECRET

The secret that makes the most sense in this context of "master of disguise" is a seemer. Olaf looks good when he's checked- why not look good when you get lynched?

Although is does say "master of digsuise," so maybe the spelling is disguised too. :mafia:

I'm going to comb through Dom's posts and and see how he treated Quin or anyone else at each juncture.

Digsuise me. I'm going in.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well that was brief and unhelpful.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:Nobody is lynching you Day 4. Everybody is lynching Quin.
oh
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Nobody is lynching you Day 4. Everybody is lynching Quin.
oh
Your turn.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:...yhw nosaer eht no regnif ym tup t'nac I dna mih ot semoc ti nehw eiddab gnimaercs si tug ym tub ,ko sdnuos syas CL gnihtyreve taht tcaf eht htiw gnilggurts m'I ,yldnoceS

.uoy gnitlusni ton ,niuQ eveileb I uoy gnitnemilpmoc saw eH .suoivbo taht si eno on ,noitacidni etammaet laer a eb ot suoivbo ot s'tI .noitasucca fo dnik suoivbo na hcus ot ecnederc evig ot doog oot si niuQ vic gniyas saw eh em ot raelc demees tI .gnitlusni ylbidercni os kool dias ipE tahw gnikam rof lla uoy no emahs ,ffo tsriF
First off, shame on you all for making what Epi said look so incredibly insulting. It seemed clear to me he was saying civ Quin is too good to give credence to such an obvious kind of accusation. It's to obvious to be a real teammate indication, no one is that obvious. He was complimenting you I believe Quin, not insulting you.
I don't think we deserve to be shamed. That's how I interpreted his post, it's not my fault that it was so cryptic. :shrug: When Epi explains it, and it's not an insult, then there will be no insult to be shamed for. And this is Epi we're talking about here, is it really that far-fetched that he'd throw an insult out there? :haha:

Secondly, I'm struggling with the fact that everything LC says sounds ok, but my gut is screaming baddie when it comes to him and I can't put my finger on the reason why...
Daisy, don't worry about it, it's very much everyone's first instinct to suspect me. It's hilarious. I think I chose the wrong username for playing Mafia.
Quin wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:...yhw nosaer eht no regnif ym tup t'nac I dna mih ot semoc ti nehw eiddab gnimaercs si tug ym tub ,ko sdnuos syas CL gnihtyreve taht tcaf eht htiw gnilggurts m'I ,yldnoceS

.uoy gnitlusni ton ,niuQ eveileb I uoy gnitnemilpmoc saw eH .suoivbo taht si eno on ,noitacidni etammaet laer a eb ot suoivbo ot s'tI .noitasucca fo dnik suoivbo na hcus ot ecnederc evig ot doog oot si niuQ vic gniyas saw eh em ot raelc demees tI .gnitlusni ylbidercni os kool dias ipE tahw gnikam rof lla uoy no emahs ,ffo tsriF
I definitely didn't take offence to it :haha: I figured it was some meta analysis of some kind. Although, I thought meta was bullshit, Epi? :slick:

That aside, I disagree with him. I don't think I should be described as some sophisticated person who ignores the obvious in favour of the subtleties. I just call them as I see them. :shrug: I just so happen to think those posts are potential teammate interactions.
I quoted the green text for context, but the huge text could have been checked.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

That post was phrased from my own perspective, so unless Dom has the ability peer into my mind and read my thoughts, he couldn't check that. And even if he could, it'd come back as the truth considering there's nobody who doesn't have a reason to scum-hunt in this game.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:That post was phrased from my own perspective, so unless Dom has the ability peer into my mind and read my thoughts, he couldn't check that. And even if he could, it'd come back as the truth considering there's nobody who doesn't have a reason to scum-hunt in this game.
Not true. That statement had antecedents. If one of the authors of those posts had no teammates, and the other was yours, then boom. You're caught, because that couldn't have been a thing you "just so happen" to think.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't know what half of that means, but my latter point stands, unless you're inferring that either DDL or Snow Dog is my teammate.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Frankly, I think the whole thing stands. If I took anything from the kerfuffle in The Office its that lie detectors can only check things phrased as a statement, rather than a thought or assumption. I'm assuming it follows the same thing here.

Want to chime in, DF?
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:Frankly, I think the whole thing stands. If I took anything from the kerfuffle in The Office its that lie detectors can only check things phrased as a statement, rather than a thought or assumption. I'm assuming it follows the same thing here.

Want to chime in, DF?
In a one mafia game:

"I think (not-my-teammate) is bad."

That's a lie.

Because you don't really think that.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:Frankly, I think the whole thing stands. If I took anything from the kerfuffle in The Office its that lie detectors can only check things phrased as a statement, rather than a thought or assumption. I'm assuming it follows the same thing here.

Want to chime in, DF?
In a one mafia game:

That's a lie.

Explain how that logic applies here.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Want to chime in, DF?
In a one mafia game:

That's a lie.

I think xxx and yyy are teammates.

If xxx is YOUR teammate, then the lie detector can know you are lying, because you don't really think that.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

DFaraday wrote:After the former beachgoers dumped Dom's body in a watery grave, they decided a change of scenery was in order. Having heard of a town called Paltryville from some locals, they decided that such a place sounded like the perfect retreat from gloom and misery. Upon taking the first bus into Paltryville, the party noticed that two buildings stood out as being most alarming: A decrepit (a word here meaning "rundown") factory titled "Lucky Smells Lumbermill" and a sinister eye-shaped (a word here meaning "shaped like an eye") optometrist's office.

The eerie eye establishment held some appeal for the company, as perhaps some answers could finally be found within. But some passing lumber workers offered their own advice.

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you, Dr. Orwell is a hypnotist."
"Yeah, everyone around here tries to stay clear of her. Who knows what she'd do to a bunch of strangers?"
"But looking on the bright side, she did prescribe pretty good glasses for my pet turtle."

Anyone who wishes to risk searching Dr. Orwell's office must post that they are doing so in the thread by the end of Night 3. Anyone who does not post on it will not visit the office.
I will be visiting Dr Orwell's office
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What if I said I wanted to lynch Eloh instead?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Want to chime in, DF?
In a one mafia game:

That's a lie.

I think xxx and yyy are teammates.

If xxx is YOUR teammate, then the lie detector can know you are lying, because you don't really think that.
Is DDL or Snow Dog my teammate, Epi? Show your working.

And, I do really think that. Not that the lie detector would actually be able to confirm it.

linki: I'd support it. Both her previous votes have lacked any actual reasoning or suspicion.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
linki: I'd support it. Both her previous votes have lacked any actual reasoning or suspicion.
Well of course you would. The lie detector just called you bad. I wasn't really asking you, slick. :grin:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:Thanks for the catch up epi. Any other things you want to catch me up on?
Not really.

If you genuinely hadn't caught up, why do you have to blast people who suspect you?

Why not say, "Hey, I haven't read anything. I intend to, and will when I am able."

Instead you lose your shit. Why?

Nobody is lynching you Day 4. Everybody is lynching Quin.
Why shouldn't I blast people? It might wake them up.

I don't think I'm being lynched. I do think putting people on blast soon sorts out those who are thinking from those that aren't.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Well of course you would. The lie detector just called you bad. I wasn't really asking you, slick. :grin:
I don't care. Elohcin is a good lynch. And if you want to act like Dom detected one of my posts and caught me out, show me which one he checked, because that last one doesn't do anything for anyone.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”