ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 2]

Post by Matt »

Vompatti wrote:Lizzy hasn't posted since she went to the Mayor's hut. I hope the Mayor isn't keeping her as a prisoner.
:haha:

I'm still reading, got a few more posts to go, but this had me cracking up.

Vomps, in this and the other game we played together (despite you being a baddie bad!), you seriously have me laughing all the time.

I think I may have a man crush (unless Vomps is a female?! :omg: )
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

Matt F wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Lizzy hasn't posted since she went to the Mayor's hut. I hope the Mayor isn't keeping her as a prisoner.

I'm still reading, got a few more posts to go, but this had me cracking up.

Vomps, in this and the other game we played together (despite you being a baddie bad!), you seriously have me laughing all the time.

Sadly I'm a male. :sigh:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

juliets wrote:MP I'm having a small ping about you using Vomps to see what would happen - maybe i just didn't understand - and trying to get us to go down that path of 6 civvies. You've played and hosted enough to know how unbalanced that would be. With all that said though I know you are going through a lot right now and really this is the last thing you should be concerned with so I don't think I'm going to consider you until things are back to normal.
I'm going to try and be as delicate with this as possible. I worry once I say what I say, I may be seen as the biggest d*ck in all the world, but...

MP said not to give him sympathy. At least, concerning the game.

In fact, that long post I had addressing MP, I nearly didn't even post it, because I felt bad theorizing on MP after what he has gone through.

However, this is still Mafia, and if MP is playing, then we are allowed to have pings on him and vote for him if we so wish.
Image Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

Matt F wrote:Vomps, in this and the other game we played together (despite you being a baddie bad!), you seriously have me laughing all the time.

That's why we love our voopy <3
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

At the same time, however, and by golly, me even thinking about stuff like this probably makes me evil...

I almost don't even think MP is a baddie at all because of what he is going through. He has been pretty vocal about the pain he is going through right now, and I don't think he would express so much of that in thread if he were a baddie.

What I'm getting at, is that outside of Mafia, MP has always struck me as a way cool dude, and I don't see him using his situation to help win us over, if he were a baddie.

My god, after all this, I feel like I should wash my mouth out with soap.

Didn't mean to offend with any of those comments, MP, just what I'm thinking at the moment.
Image Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

You make good points Matt. Honestly, I almost wish people wouldn't talk about their personal lives at all in the mafia threads, because I invariably end up feeling guilty for voting for someone because of their RL circumstances, which I hate. I felt really bad about my vote for Captain Bunny Killer yesterday after she posted, for example.

To be clear, I am absolutely NOT saying that people use personal stories to gain sympathy on purpose. I know that no one here does that. But it's hard to make yourself vote for someone you believe to be bad when you've just found out that they have gone through a personal tragedy.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Oh, wow. For the love! I have been reading and reading, but this thing is so convoluted I am really unsure (I know everyone says that, right?)

Here's the thing. I am not convinced we can rule out the 3 mentioned: Mongoose, llama, and MP. I already mentioned before that I suspected Mongoose and llama from the beginning, though I felt the evidence was still unconfirmed. Honestly, as a still-newbie, I am not able to buy anyone's "he always acts that way" or "she never posts that way" because that'd just be going on trust (and experienced players seem to disagree anyway). And it would be easy to change the way you post or continue the way you post as it serves you. And since there are a lot of accusations going around based on that, I would guess there's intentional patterning of posting.

I know this is not necessarily a stroke of genius, but I'm willing to bet one of those three is bad. It may be triggered by my tendency toward the overly-talkative, but there has just been too much confused connections between these three points to me.
I don't necessarily buy Mongoose's just nervous about the rules part of her argument, since that never came up in the thread itself and no one would have a reason to hide that sort of concern. My original suspicion was just due to Mongoose's jumpiness in wild suggestions, but I guess now it's more the conversation which seems to be conveniently balancing them all out.

For example, when Mongoose came under suspicion.... (Ok, side note, I forgot how to quote on this thing, since my special settings to read the computer makes buttons invisible / sorry for the janky quoting method)...
...llama came in with a redirect to begin the accusations against Hedgeowl.
"I have been a little suspicious of Mongoose ever since Day One with her crazy, distracting theories. I am looking at a Hedgeowl vote today because I believe she was trying to save Elo with her vote timing, but I would not oppose people voting for Mongoose as well."
It could be a nice redirect plus a bit of token suspicion to make no connections obvious. Then it would be easier to make that stronger once there were good arguments in her favor.

Plus, I know what llama is getting at with claiming to not be consistent on purpose, but I also don't buy this part of his defense:
"To be honest, I'm having a bit of analysis paralysis. There are so many roles with so many powers, I'm having a hard time coming up with plausible explanations of what is going on without descending into baseless speculation. I am trying to keep it simple, hence my intention to vote for Hedgeowl."
It seems to not make sense with how aggressive he seems to me. Although, again, I am not experienced with observing anyone's behavior here.

Anyway, I feel like this is kind of garbled, because my thoughts are still incomplete. I'm just concerned about giving all three a you're-probably-ok pass right now, and I really had to just jump into discussion.

linki: Matt F - I do have to say that I felt the same way about MP's openness. That's probably why I hesitate the most about him.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I am going to now talk about my personal life.

So you know how I got that paper that printed directly from my printer that said "Give directly to Alison"?

Well apparently the other pages didn't print. It was just city code addenda that they wanted me to add into the codes. Nothing exciting at all. In fact, the most banal thing ever.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:I am going to now talk about my personal life.

So you know how I got that paper that printed directly from my printer that said "Give directly to Alison"?

Well apparently the other pages didn't print. It was just city code addenda that they wanted me to add into the codes. Nothing exciting at all. In fact, the most banal thing ever.
:(
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

^ Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww! :(
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:
It may be triggered by my tendency toward the overly-talkative
Ouch.

RE: me not spelling out why I was scared that other players were going to say too much. I just didn't think I needed to spell it out for everyone. These were much more veteran players than myself, so if they aren't nervous about what they are saying, it's hardly my job to police them. But that doesn't mean the whole business didn't make me rather squirrelly. So you state (rather diplomatically, admittedly) I talk too much, but then because I didn't spell something out, you also suspect me? Eep.

I'll be chilling here in my bungalow between a rock and a hard place if anyone needs me. :biggrin:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I always talk too much as well. I have often heard the view expressed that civs shouldn't talk much in night periods, for fear of being NKed, but I always ignore that and carry right on. I tend to get lynched a lot more often than NKed anyway.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

thellama73 wrote:I always talk too much as well. I have often heard the view expressed that civs shouldn't talk much in night periods, for fear of being NKed, but I always ignore that and carry right on. I tend to get lynched a lot more often than NKed anyway.
Agreed that it's silly that you shouldn't take during a night period. Many times in games, players will say "I'm going to save my comments until the day period", which always catches my eye. Why wait? What if you're NK'd and then you can't say anything anyway?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

shouldn't talk* during a night period...
Image Image Image Image
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

:( Sorry, I meant no offense. I definitely talk too little, since I have such a hard time decidiing/keeping track of everything.

That said, it's not necessarily contradictory. If you bring out a defense you never explained before you were questioned, it is easily seen as suspicious, even if you do tend to express yourself more fully.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote::( Sorry, I meant no offense. I definitely talk too little, since I have such a hard time deciding/keeping track of everything.
Ha, no worries; everyone knows it's true.

That said, back to baddie hunting -- so if Hedge, Llama and I are all going to be safe on the animal sanctuary, where does that leave us in terms of suspects?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Lizzy »

I did some catching up and I have nothing. :sigh:

However, because I am feeling extremely generous today, I'll try to spice things up a bit (ifyouknowwhatimean): I've been trying to fly below the radar, but got bored in the mean time. Discuss. :mafia:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote::( Sorry, I meant no offense. I definitely talk too little, since I have such a hard time deciding/keeping track of everything.
Ha, no worries; everyone knows it's true.

That said, back to baddie hunting -- so if Hedge, Llama and I are all going to be safe on the animal sanctuary, where does that leave us in terms of suspects?
I think I'm leaning towards Lizzy at this point. She is playing radically different than both other games I've had with her (and I know she is around because she signed up for Sherlock.)

linki Lizzy: thanks for proving my point. :)

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

NOOOOOOOOO DON'T VOTE FOR LIZZY!111 :overreact:

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Hedgeowl »

I go back and forth on night talking. If I am worried about being killed I have waited to post my thoughts until right before the Night ends, so that my last, potentially super helpful (or totally incorrect) thoughts are not lost. I think it depends on what decisions baddies have to make at night. Russtifinko said it was hard in Mario to decide what to buy because the civs were not talking much at Night. Does kinda make the game boring for a while though if no one is talking. Mostly, I don't worry about it and just post whenever.

Linki- we do have quite the menagerie dont we?
Lizzy! Glad to see your back to shenanigans as usual.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:NOOOOOOOOO DON'T VOTE FOR LIZZY!111 :overreact:
I won't k :)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Glad to be of service. ;airguitar:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy, do you feel you are unfairly a target in your post Thomas mafia games? Also, are you bad?

I left MP out of the animal sanctuary, but I am not considering a vote for him today either.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 104

Post by borokkuei »

I might vote for Lizzy
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Sailor Mercury is cutie :3
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:Sailor Mercury is cutie :3
I was always partial to Sailor Jupiter.

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

borokkuei wrote:I might vote for Lizzy
why do you hate me? :(

Image Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Mongoose wrote:Lizzy, do you feel you are unfairly a target in your post Thomas mafia games? Also, are you bad?
Of course not! I also targeted myself because I looked extremely suspicious. :smile: Also, I might be... or not. :coffee:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Well now I'm on some kind of watch list for looking up who Sailor Jupiter is on a public library computer.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Well now I'm on some kind of watch list for looking up who Sailor Jupiter is on a public library computer.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

thellama73 wrote:
So was I, and I have no idea why.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

borokkuei wrote:Man, I am so behind. I wish I had the time to read over all of the pages of posts so I can figure out who I hate. I guess the safest option now is to hate everyone and vote at random, eh?
:ponder:

I see you only have seven posts total at the forum, five in the game. In one of your posts, you agreed with me about looking at new players on day 1, are you new at mafia?

Looking through your posts...you haven't really said anything.

What are your thoughts in the game, so far?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lizzy wrote:I did some catching up and I have nothing. :sigh:

However, because I am feeling extremely generous today, I'll try to spice things up a bit (ifyouknowwhatimean): I've been trying to fly below the radar, but got bored in the mean time. Discuss. :mafia:
I've never played with LIzzy. Is she (dare I assume she?) usually funny like this?

In past games where I was a baddie, I have joked about being a baddie to avoid suspicion, so I'm wondering where people who are familiar with her land on her comments here.
Image Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

This is very standard Lizzy. You can't tell her alignment one way or the other from her usual sayings.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Mongoose wrote:This is very standard Lizzy. You can't tell her alignment one way or the other from her usual sayings.
Ah, so a female Vomps, essentially. :p
Image Image Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Matt F wrote:

I've never played with LIzzy. Is she (dare I assume she?) usually funny like this?

In past games where I was a baddie, I have joked about being a baddie to avoid suspicion, so I'm wondering where people who are familiar with her land on her comments here.
Thus far this kind of behaviour coincided with my being a civ. But then again, I might have decided to use the same strategy for the reasons you mentioned above, since people might have gotten used to it by now and are not really expecting it. :mafia:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lizzy wrote:
Matt F wrote:

Thus far this kind of behaviour coincided with my being a civ. But then again, I might have decided to use the same strategy for the reasons you mentioned above, since people might have gotten used to it by now and are not really expecting it. :mafia:
Fair enough. Since you don't have any suspicions, and you are alluding to being bad, what is the downside to lynching you today?

As for other susps I have right now...

Looking forward to Borok's reply to me. If she is new, then I have a hard time deciding if she just doesn't know who to look at for lack of experience, or if she's flying under the radar as a mafia. If she does play at other forums... :eye: for sure.

Also, and boy, I admit, Hedge's defense regarding her vote for Vomps sounded genuine. Lordy knows, I cannot stand it when late voters purposely vote for a player who won't be lynched in fear of being linked to anyone who will be lynched, so I appreciate Hedge actually weighing in between those who were going to be lynched...

Still, letting go of my susps for da Goose and MP at the moment, Hedge is my number 1 susps still. It just doesn't feel right that she tried to tie up the vote between Elo and Vomps, considering Elo turned bad.

Btw MP, you asked this awhile ago and I never answered...I haven't had a chance to look over Llama's posts individually, but at the moment, I have no feel for him either way.

Aaaand...bye bye Rey. You will be missed. :(
Image Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Alan is a guy btw
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

A Person wrote:Alan is a guy btw
Alan?
Image Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Matt F wrote:
A Person wrote:Alan is a guy btw
Alan?
He means Borok.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Looking over my posts, I'm guessing Borok.

:WTF: :WTF: :WTF:

From here on out, for my benefit, I would appreciate it if everyone would put "Male" or "Female" before they post. :p
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

25 m finland

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright, this is where I currently stand with my suspects.

Hedgeowl's defense definitely strikes as genuine to me about Vomps. However, the whole thing with Elo still makes me unsure. Either you're telling the truth, or you're doing a very good job as a baddie. And it's making me question you.

Llama and MP I already expressed my feelings on. And those haven't changed yet. Mongoose I'm not sure about at all, but I would be most likely to lean civvie with her for now. I think that's more a gut feeling however, because I haven't seen anything from her that reads "this is a baddie over here".

So in order, my top suspects would be:
1) Hedge
2) MP, Llama
3) Mongoose

The sad part being I don't feel incredibly strongly about any of them right now. And I will end up having to vote either later tonight or very early tomorrow morning if I don't get enough time at lunch tomorrow. So I will continue to think on those 4 people.

Linki: Omg 19 f u horny q.m. ;)
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Linki: Omg 19 f u horny q.m. ;)
not particularly plus i suspect this is a trap. :srsnod:

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:
What the heck is q.m. that I see y'all write everywhere?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Vompatti wrote:
Ture. I'm actually 23 and m. :sigh:

And Mongoose, 'q.m.' is another way to type '?'
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
What the heck is q.m. that I see y'all write everywhere?
it's short for question mark. it dates back to the time when the question mark key ("?") didn't work on tinychat.

what is linki short for bwt?

Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

* (btw, not bwt)

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Vomps pls still haev my babuies k :hugs:

And it means 'by the way' k

Return to “Previous Jobs”