67%

Total votes: 12
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 5]

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Well jack, I think you are civ. So your open and honest opinion means something to me. So thank you for that post. I don't remember reading Somewhere 1.0 as crazy, but I could look back. Who are you thinking of voting?

Linking golden...And what do you have to say for your crazy this game?
Appreciated, I suppose.

Probably Epi. Getting to be about that time.

Who're you going to vote?
quin, golden, ad dom are my top suspects. But I might be voting to save myself. I just hate the lynch is so late.

linki - MM, you are voting me b/c I'm active, BS!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 408

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
sig wrote: I'll read him over first.
Excellent idea.

Anyone want to propose a reason to lynch Eloh over Epi or Epi over Eloh?

I feel Epi has been more intellectually dishonest and obvious about defending/distancing from Eloh and of course there's the Snow Dog lynch (that I don't entirely blame Epi for cause Snow wasn't helping his own case much) while Eloh has generally contributed less and feels more like attempting to buddy certain players.

My general feeling is that it is more likely that Epi is scum and Eloh is town than vice versa but I could be convinced otherwise.
If Eloh is bad, I'll no longer consider you good.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Elohcin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Well jack, I think you are civ. So your open and honest opinion means something to me. So thank you for that post. I don't remember reading Somewhere 1.0 as crazy, but I could look back. Who are you thinking of voting?

Linking golden...And what do you have to say for your crazy this game?
Appreciated, I suppose.

Probably Epi. Getting to be about that time.

Who're you going to vote?
quin, golden, ad dom are my top suspects. But I might be voting to save myself. I just hate the lynch is so late.

linki - MM, you are voting me b/c I'm active, BS!
Three players I think are town (though I'm less convinced about Dom 2 due to Golden's meta popup. Wish more people would way in on that kinda stuff for my benefit but hey, I'm not the only guy in the game)

Sorry, Eloh. Don't think there's much chance for us to get along.

Thoughts on the Marmot, Zebra or Sock?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

mm seems busy lately. zebra seems like she could be a laying low baddie, not sure. sock scares me a little. I thought he was civ, but I am easily wary of posts like he came in and made today. He very well could be quiet in teh thread by active in his BTSC/night actions.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Excellent idea.

I feel Epi has been more intellectually dishonest and obvious about defending/distancing from Eloh and of course there's the Snow Dog lynch (that I don't entirely blame Epi for cause Snow wasn't helping his own case much) while Eloh has generally contributed less and feels more like attempting to buddy certain players.

My general feeling is that it is more likely that Epi is scum and Eloh is town than vice versa but I could be convinced otherwise.
Since when do you think I'm good? I thought you were the one defending Eloh from me (and others). Now, if Eloh is scum, I'm the bad guy? :evileye:

Is this supposed to make me want to lynch Eloh? I may have mentioned before I don't like people telling me what to do. I especially don't like people trying to make me do things by implying I'm fuzzy pals with one of my scum reads.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

^Sock IRL
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Voted Epi. Expect Eloh to swing and flip scum. Will be rather annoyed if Eloh swings and flips town. Not gonna worry about it, though.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Sorsha »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Excellent idea.

I don't really know how to chose one over the other either. I'll probably stick with Eloh since that's how I've voted the past couple days. I was leaning civ on Epi until he back pedaled on Eloh the other day, it raised a flag to me. For both of them.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Quin »

Voted Eloh. I've already said why.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sorsha wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Excellent idea.

I don't really know how to chose one over the other either. I'll probably stick with Eloh since that's how I've voted the past couple days. I was leaning civ on Epi until he back pedaled on Eloh the other day, it raised a flag to me. For both of them.
Agreed.

Golden's case definitely made me consider the other ways Epi has played anti town, even when I was reading him as a townie.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sorry I can't stay till the lynch ends, gotta go to bed. I voted Epi to keep it interesting. They're both bad, so either way is good. Would have absolutely gone for a Dom train as well. Good night.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 547

Post by Golden »

Having said that, I set out my case but I am also leaning back towards epi as a townie right now. If I had my vote back, I'd probably vote eloh today.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Voted Epi. Expect Eloh to swing and flip scum. Will be rather annoyed if Eloh swings and flips town. Not gonna worry about it, though.
Will also be annoyed if Eloh flips cult, though I will be significantly less surprised.

Not trying to lynch cult but Sig/Epi/Eloh exchanges could be easily explained by Eloh and then Epi getting cult recruited by Sig.

Would much prefer a game where Epi and Eloh are wolves and Sig is town.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

What happens when baddies are recruited? Was that covered yet and I missed it?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorsha wrote:What happens when baddies are recruited? Was that covered yet and I missed it?
They only win with the independent win condition but they could help their baddie team to win still as well.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sorsha wrote:What happens when baddies are recruited? Was that covered yet and I missed it?
I don't remember if they (or other players) get vanillaized.

I do remember that when the member of a mafia is cultified, the mafia loses their kill.

So other than the ability of the cult to manipulate a partially recruited mafia into killing (or lynching) townies instead of cultists, the cult isn't much of a threat and can in fact eliminate mafias.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Post by sig »

MM is mafia! If eloh is mafia he is on the opposite team. If I had to make a bet I'd say if Eloh is mafia she is a Guardian and MM is a Troupe member.

If Epi is mafia he isn't on Eloh team, and would only be mafia if there is a recruiting role. Which in theory Esme could have, but I find it doubtful.

The biggest thing I see agaisnt Jack is his day 2 vote and day 1 activity against Zebra, I'd note that Zebra voted for MM day 1, who I believe is mafia.

Also we need to keep in mind mafia could have been on LC wagon with Sprityo, since he was lynch proof. Therefore I'd say one of sprityo's teammates is on LC's wagon. DDL, INH, or Jack. I'm confident DDL is civ, INH is dead, plus I believe I know his role, and that leaves Jack. So the question is would a teammate attempt to save someone if the vote was tied?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:And by "hate" I mean "live" cause it justifies my town read on DDL.
How does that work? :confused:
And I realize that you probably meant "love" and not "live", that's fine... I mean how does Snow Dog's vote reasoning justify your town read of DDL?

Do you mean that Snow Dog is so obviously wrong in his assessment that DDL must be the opposite of what he said? :ponder:
More like Snow Dog's posts seem scummy. Willful OMGUS or uncooperativeness.

If Snow Dog is a wolf and is against DDL, my town read of DDL based on other things looks better.

But Quin says DDL and Snow Dog are mafia together?

Do you agree with that assessment, LC? Assume DDL flips town. What's your gut read of Snow. What if DDL flips mafia?

I get your argument against DDL and I also get the defense of "but DDL isn't in LC's head and wastnt trying to misrepresent." My general thought is not to vote for either of you because neither argument against the other is that convincing but I'm willing to listen to a restatement/rebuke of arguments if you want to be more convincing. :p

Thoughts on all open trains in a bit after I put the little one to bed.
Epignosis wrote:I like that it's Day 2 and I already have a decent number of people on the Nice list.

I need to work on my Naughty list.

Long Con, your name is on one of these lists.
Presumably nice cause why else bring it up without voting for LC?

Why the nice list?

Having more trouble than I expected with meta. Sig/Spiritwo and LC/DDL and even Snow/Zebra/Son/DDL/Golden are all things I feel I could evaluate better knowing the meta better.

I think Sig is reaching with the replacement scum tell thing. Once does not a pattern make. That said, teaching isn't inherently wrong or scummy if you're not misreported.

Chaos Marmot is awfully passive for his nickname. Not more than everyone else. I just see more chaos out of Snow Dog.
He thinks I'm reaching on Glorf. :eye:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Finding INH to be more convincing than LC. Confused by the accusations of "no conviction" in INH. Seems to have some conviction from where I'm standing. I'm more worried about accuracy than conviction. Completely agree that LC's focus has been on discrediting DDL in general than addressing accusations of noncommitalness/blending, which I think was the most important point brought up. (I do agree with LC on the specifics of the Glor statement. But that goes back to attacking the accuser, not the accusation.)

Finding Epi's vague/wavering defense of LC to be utterly unconvincing. Then again, I'm used to an investigator being able to come out and say "I copped LC town" (or whatever). Not sure if this is normal Epi beating around the bush about night results. INH's discussion of a previous game and rock song titles leads me to believe it is not.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Voted LC.

If you're a townie, sorry.

If you're scum, Merry Christmas. :beer:

I find his vote for LC interesting, it is almost like he is pinning it on Epi. I also don't recall Jack mentioning LC after this or pursing him. Could this have been the attempt to save Sprityo?

So these are two posts about Jack which do rub me the wrong way, which is probably why I had him leaning mafia on my spreadsheet thingy. However, besides this and some of his day 1 actions he seems solid.

I never said I was the cult leader, but if I was wouldn't it be fun if my knowledge and suspicions of player wasn't awesome meta reads, buuuuuuut I had a plant within a team. :feb:

That would be really cool if I do say so. Not that I'm saying I have that role, someone from the mafia team working for me, or that I'm not just naturally awesome. :p

:beer:

I
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I don't believe Epi is mafia so I'll probably end up lynching Eloh.
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Golden wrote:
They only win with the independent win condition but they could help their baddie team to win still as well.
Gotcha

I'm sticking with the Eloh vote today.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Sig

I can refute each of those points later if I feel I need to defend myself. For now, I'm content to let you dig and think. Seek and ye shall find.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Going to bed and I have to vote epi.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I don't think epi and I have ever been in a situation like this in our years of mafia together.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Excellent idea.

Since when do you think I'm good? I thought you were the one defending Eloh from me (and others). Now, if Eloh is scum, I'm the bad guy? :evileye:

Is this supposed to make me want to lynch Eloh? I may have mentioned before I don't like people telling me what to do. I especially don't like people trying to make me do things by implying I'm fuzzy pals with one of my scum reads.
I said I thought you were good from the outset. Now you will die.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Every single last one of you are morons.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote:I don't think epi and I have ever been in a situation like this in our years of mafia together.
That's actually quite impressive!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:Every single last one of you are morons.
So, you no longer think that Eloh is bad?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Excellent idea.

So dramatic.

I like you, even though you're bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
I voted her. I was the first person to bring her up. I still don't like the way this day went. It's all, "Eloh and Epi are teammates."

That's stupid.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Excellent idea.

So dramatic.

I like you, even though you're bad.
And I like you, even though you're a fool.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Eloh's role:
Kit Snicket - SECRET You are masoned with Epi. If you are lynched, Lemony refuses to narrate the game any longer. Everyone loses.

Shoot. Guess we are all morons. :shrug2:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Eloh's role:
Kit Snicket - SECRET You are masoned with Epi. If you are lynched, Lemony refuses to narrate the game any longer. Everyone loses.

Like I said, I do like you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
I voted her. I was the first person to bring her up. I still don't like the way this day went. It's all, "Eloh and Epi are teammates."

That's stupid.
You would have voted her anyway. Self-defence.

I don't think you are teammates. Any more.

I understand how it feels to dislike how a day went down. I've felt like that a couple of times this game.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Eloh's role:

I can see another role that could make a call on night 5 because they felt the town was morons.

It isn't necessarily epi, but it isn't out of the question that it could be.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@epi - I didn't like the way sprit 2.0 went down, but it nailed a baddie. Hopefully we get one here. We can salvage this tomorrow. I'm ready to go into the trenches as to why you and eloh are not on a team together... if eloh flips bad.

I still would feel safer if two of the four missing votes came in and voted eloh, though. For Esme purposes.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JoH would look bad if Eloh is Esme, I'll give you that.

Outside of that, I see no good reason for Jack to do what he did if he is an Eloh teamie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:@epi - I didn't like the way sprit 2.0 went down, but it nailed a baddie. Hopefully we get one here. We can salvage this tomorrow. I'm ready to go into the trenches as to why you and eloh are not on a team together... if eloh flips bad.

I still would feel safer if two of the four missing votes came in and voted eloh, though. For Esme purposes.
You're a gentleman and an asshole.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:@epi - I didn't like the way sprit 2.0 went down, but it nailed a baddie. Hopefully we get one here. We can salvage this tomorrow. I'm ready to go into the trenches as to why you and eloh are not on a team together... if eloh flips bad.

It takes one-of-both to know one-of-both :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

It takes one-of-both to know one-of-both :p
And I can't argue with that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Note to self:

Self, split no further trains between baddies you think are on a team together.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Elohcin wrote:I can be seen as inconsistent because I don't always explain my thought processes well. And players tend to think I say things that sound baddie all the time even when I am civ. I've learned not to get my panties in a wod about it because then they think even worse of me.
this isn't why you're bad
eloh-- why do you suspect me?
pls answer me so i don't have to eat liver.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by DFaraday »

Day 5 - The Vaporous Vivisection

As anyone who makes a living out of creating signposts can tell you, the world is full of cities, each more unique than the last. Perhaps no city is more unique than the city which concerns our story. This city needs no introduction, for its name is known throughout the land. The city in question has never been confused with any other, for it is unquestionably memorable and distinct in every way.

I am, of course, talking about The City.

As the beachgoers left the concert at Prufrock Preparatory, they realized that the reason for the incessant (a word here meaning "once a day and one or more times at night") killings which plagued the group was that they were out in the open. The secluded estate of Dr. Montgomery, the small town of Paltryville, the bathroom of a prep school. These were all places one would expect murder to happen. Where one would not expect it was in The City.

Taking the first taxis they could find, the group returned to The City in late afternoon, eager to find somewhere to relax amid the hustle and possibly bustle of urban life.

The group entered the most expensive restaurant on Dark Avenue and enjoyed a 13-course dinner, the contents of which are too delicious to describe. As they leaned back to let dinner settle, Elohcin pulled out celebratory cigar to replace the one already in her mouth, which she gave to Epi. A waiter came over and addressed the pair.

"I didn't know this was a sad occasion," he said. "Cigars are a sign of mourning in my country."

"We're probably not in Canada," said Eloh.

"Then I must ask you to put the cigars out," the waiter said. "Smoking is bad for your health."

"I know it's bad for my health! I'm not an idiot!" exclaimed Eloh.

The group, enraged that Epi and Eloh would endanger them with secondhand smoke, got up and circled the pair. Epi immediately threw his cigar out a conveniently open window, but Elohcin refused to budge. The group descended upon the cloud of smoke surrounding her face and shoved the cigar down her throat. Eloh choked for several seconds before falling face first into her plate of roasted Armenian truffles.

Elohcin has been lynched. She was Sir.

It is now Night 5. You have 24 hours to get your PMs in.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

YES TAKE THAT MAFIA!

NEXTTTTTTTT UP IS MM??????
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well played, eloh, well played indeed. By the end, I had a feeling that was your role. "Sir epi" indeed. :haha: :haha:
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events Polls

Post by DFaraday »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I do not believe dom or quin are on the guardians. Eloh picked a set of three suspects and stuck with it. No movement at all. I think that means she was limiting her pool so as not to bus anyone. However, of both of them, dom is the one who is by far least likely to be on her team. I'd go so far as to say there is no chance.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Feeling triumphant at their enforcement of smoking bans earlier in the day, the group decided to spend their evening at an auction in Dark Avenue's most luxurious locale, Veblen Hall. Various items went up to auction, including my own jewel encrusted hearing aid; thankfully, my friend the Duchess of Winnipeg purchased it and returned it to me for Hanukkah.

One item in particular caught the attention of the beachgoers; a mysterious Sugar Bowl, the contents of which had long been rumored to be a treasure beyond comprehension. Some of the beachgoers decided that they must have the bowl, regardless of the needs of the group.

Throughout the night phase any player may bid on the Sugar Bowl. The winner of the Bowl will be immune to all night actions for the next three night phases. Bids are measured in the number of additional votes the bidder is willing to begin Day 6 with. Only send bids to the host; any bids in thread will be disregarded.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Starting bid is 25 from Sig. :mafia:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Starting bid is 25 from Sig. :mafia:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Opps double post sorry, I also suggest we lynch MM, he either threw Eloh under the bus to get civ points, or like I suspect he is on the other team.
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

sig wrote:Starting bid is 25 from Sig. :mafia:
any bids in thread will be disregarded. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage