Geddup Noise (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 2]

Post by Vompatti »

no i meant what does "linki" mean? i think i know when to use it but it doesn't seem like an actual word.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Line In: Never Knowing It
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

oih
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

linki is when you post essentially at the same time someone else is posting - you can see that their post beat yours on preview - or you were writing your post and several people posted in the mean time.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

I figured that's why people did it but I couldn't figure out the meaning of the word itself.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Leamiteo »

Matt F wrote:From here on out, for my benefit, I would appreciate it if everyone would put "Male" or "Female" before they post. :p
Dude, keep the first page open in another tab. :p Or here, I'll just put it out there for your review. :D I totally feel your pain though, I have to refer back to this list. It's hard with not knowing people from having played to keep all names, nicknames, acronyms, acronyms of nicknames and random use of real names all strait.

A Person (m)
agleaminranks (m)
BigDamnHero (m)
birdwithteeth11 (m)
Bullzeye (m) - killed Night 1 by Trogdor
borokkuei (m)
Devin the Omniscient (m)
DFaraday (m)
DisgruntledPorcupine (m)
Dom (m)
Matt F (m)
MovingPictures07 (m)
Reywas (m)
Snow Dog (m)
Thellama73 (m)
Timmer (m)
Vompatti (m)

Bea (f)
Captain Bunny Killer (f)
Elohcin (f) - Lynched Day 1, What's Her Face
Hedgeowl (f)
Juliets (f)
Kate (f) - Killed Night 1 by Blue Laser
Leamiteo (f)
Lizzy (f)
Matahari (f)
Mongoose (f)
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Draconus »

QUIT POSTING SO I CAN CATCH UP!!! :WTF:

Short burst of rage aside: Huh... The only one I wasn't sure of was you leam. Thanks for clearing that up :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Lizzy wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Lizzy, do you feel you are unfairly a target in your post Thomas mafia games? Also, are you bad?
Of course not! I also targeted myself because I looked extremely suspicious. :smile: Also, I might be... or not. :coffee:
I totally forgot Lizzy was playing :huh:

That being said, here is where I stand at the moment:
Not voting for Mongoose, MP, or Hedgeowl (I, too, feel that her defense was genuine. Thank you very much to Hedge for coming back and making that explanation.)

I have upgraded llama to 60% baddie, and 40% civvie. Still not terrible odds, however, I remain skeptical.

Since Lizzy says we should suspect her... I suspect her.

Not sure who I will vote for in the end, though.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Matt F wrote:
A Person wrote:Alan is a guy btw
Alan?
I also suspect the guy whose name is Alan. :eye:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Matt F wrote:
borokkuei wrote:Man, I am so behind. I wish I had the time to read over all of the pages of posts so I can figure out who I hate. I guess the safest option now is to hate everyone and vote at random, eh?
:ponder:

I see you only have seven posts total at the forum, five in the game. In one of your posts, you agreed with me about looking at new players on day 1, are you new at mafia?

Looking through your posts...you haven't really said anything.

What are your thoughts in the game, so far?
Moving backwards here. I am also surprised by the lack of posts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but borokkuei is an active mafia player elsewhere, correct?
This really does ping me if it is true.

Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

borokkuei wrote:Man, I am so behind. I wish I had the time to read over all of the pages of posts so I can figure out who I hate. I guess the safest option now is to hate everyone and vote at random, eh?
This seems really flippant to me and it may earn you my vote. There are a few people who after some time will eventually post and I think to myself, "Wait, where did they come from?" I don't know who I'm voting for at this point, but be warned! :eye:

I am wary of all the llama, MP, Mongoose, vompy, Hedgeowl talk. It has my head spinning and makes me feel as if there are baddies that are latching onto the suspicions, trying to blend in with civvies in by defending themselves and others, meanwhile supporting theories that would divert the attention from themselves.

That being said, I have some reading to do in order to decide where my vote should go. I have been hesitant to post my thoughts on players others than those listed above because honestly, I'm really bad at keeping things strait/navigating the forum. I'm getting better as I familiarize myself, and if I am able to build an founded argument against anyone I will. I'm with CBK on the not trusting all the veteran jargon about who is playing what kind of game. In a way I feel handicapped as it has tended to silence me when I want to contradict something but feel like I don't have the same kind of insight.

I'm off to read through the thread in effort to get my bearings. Tonight is bowling night! Depending on what time I get home I may not post again tonight since I don't have internet at my house.
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 104

Post by borokkuei »

Leamiteo wrote:
This seems really flippant to me and it may earn you my vote. There are a few people who after some time will eventually post and I think to myself, "Wait, where did they come from?" I don't know who I'm voting for at this point, but be warned! :eye:
I'm just a flippant person :sigh:
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Matt F wrote:

I see you only have seven posts total at the forum, five in the game. In one of your posts, you agreed with me about looking at new players on day 1, are you new at mafia?

Moving backwards here. I am also surprised by the lack of posts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but borokkuei is an active mafia player elsewhere, correct?
Unture; I played one game on the old mafia site then disappeared due to school stuff. Right now I'm just not very active because I'm busy with gf chores and whatever, then school starts up again in a week or two.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:One question before I go: What do players (besides Mongoose and BWT) think of llama this game?

Answers much appreciated.
Unfortunately, I have felt 50/50 on him all game. :/ This makes me nervous...

Although... I feel slightly better about him than Hedge because Hedge sounded very sincere while Llama sounded very coached-ish.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Linki: Omg 19 f u horny q.m. ;)
not particularly plus i suspect this is a trap. :srsnod:
Ture. I'm actually 23 and m. :sigh:

And Mongoose, 'q.m.' is another way to type '?'
22 m ontario

u horny?
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

A Person wrote:Sailor Mercury is cutie :3
no u :hugs:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

borok who do you suspect?
My siggie.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

borokkuei wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Linki: Omg 19 f u horny q.m. ;)
not particularly plus i suspect this is a trap. :srsnod:
Ture. I'm actually 23 and m. :sigh:

And Mongoose, 'q.m.' is another way to type '?'
22 m ontario

u horny?
Omg yes :omg:

Seriously though, is there anyone you suspect and/or are suspicious of?
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon

Post by borokkuei »

Right now I suspect mostly Devin because he seems intent on suspecting me, but that might just be me being sensitive. Other than that, I don't have a good read on anyone really. I'm still pretty new to mafia, so I'm mostly seeing how things unravel for the next few nights, unless I actually start to suspect someone for a good reason.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:One question before I go: What do players (besides Mongoose and BWT) think of llama this game?

Although... I feel slightly better about him than Hedge because Hedge sounded very sincere while Llama sounded very coached-ish.
Can you explain this a bit more? I've been teammates with llama a few times before, and I've NEVER known him to be coached in mafia. I know he's still relatively new, but he's picked up on this game really quickly IMO. And I haven't seen any instances of this from him.

I mean, if there's a specific quote somewhere, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

borokkuei wrote:Right now I suspect mostly Devin because he seems intent on suspecting me, but that might just be me being sensitive. Other than that, I don't have a good read on anyone really. I'm still pretty new to mafia, so I'm mostly seeing how things unravel for the next few nights, unless I actually start to suspect someone for a good reason.
Fair enough then. Devin, did you say you suspect him because he's been quiet, or was it something else too?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sorry for the triple post, but I found the quote here. So nevermind.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Matt F wrote:

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Dom wrote:

Can you explain this a bit more? I've been teammates with llama a few times before, and I've NEVER known him to be coached in mafia. I know he's still relatively new, but he's picked up on this game really quickly IMO. And I haven't seen any instances of this from him.

I mean, if there's a specific quote somewhere, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.
I don't know... his posts just don't feel genuine. To be honest, I'm having a hard time with this game in general. :/
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Understandable. I've been going back and forth on him myself.

Unfortunately, it's around bedtime for me. So I will check in to vote either tomorrow morning very early, or sometime on my lunch break. Hopefully I have a clearer picture in my mind then. Because right now, I have no clue who I'm going to be voting for.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote: Unfortunately, I have felt 50/50 on him all game. :/ This makes me nervous...

Coached? Coached? You think I need coaching to be an effective baddie?

Now I'm insulted.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote: Unfortunately, I have felt 50/50 on him all game. :/ This makes me nervous...

Coached? Coached? You think I need coaching to be an effective baddie?

Now I'm insulted.
This is what someone accused Bullz of in Bioshock. He was also quite offended as the rest of us on his baddie team had not provided any coaching. :p

However, at this point I do not get a baddie read from llama. He has been lynched early in several games recently, so I find I give him the botd a bit.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

You people are determined to leave me with an 0 for 0 suspect list aren't you! :sigh:

Just popping in to do a quick catch up before bed! I will try not to pull yet another quad post :p

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

borokkuei wrote:Right now I suspect mostly Devin because he seems intent on suspecting me, but that might just be me being sensitive. Other than that, I don't have a good read on anyone really. I'm still pretty new to mafia, so I'm mostly seeing how things unravel for the next few nights, unless I actually start to suspect someone for a good reason.
Hopefully you're just being sensitive :p I was merely trying to find another place to look and got excited when Matt F brought you up. (I think it was Matt F). Anyway, since you answered my question, I've got nothing on you :sigh:

Regarding llama: I'm still 60:40 with him. And I know I've said this about other players before, but, I will probably end up voting for him if nothing better comes up. If I actually start getting more of a civvie vibe from him before I vote, (I will go ahead and announce this now so no one freaks out on me tomorrow.) I will probably just vote for myself. BECAUSE, I REFUSE to place my vote on another civ.

:offtobed:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok it's late, and I know I should never mafia late. Plus, I've had my limit of two glasses of wine. But, I have to vote tomorrow in the morning so I have to try and understand what is happening tonight. I haven't been suspicious of llama because he seems like the normal sarcastic kinda guy I've seen in other games. But I see many of you - or it feels like many - who have issues with him. Other than MP's post, is there a post that details all of the reasons llama is suspicious?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

Trust your instincts, Juliets. There's legitimate suspicion and then there's baddie railroading. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe this is an example of the latter, given the persistence and vagueness of the complaints against me. Nobody has given any specific reason to suspect me, and yet my name keeps getting brought up, sowing the seeds of doubt and suspicion among honest, hard working civvies like yourself (for I do believe you to be civvie at this point).

Every time MP posts he brings up my name, I answer his concerns, he says he thinks my response is reasonable, he disappears for a while, and then he comes back with another post suspecting me. I'm really beginning to feel like is trying to do me in because he knows I am civvie.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

has antone gere pkated with borok before? he claims newby card andt offers a perfect no u in tgat his onkt suspect is the guy who suspect ed him? is this just normal newb gane to others?

also I'm not feeling vaddie llama this game. now to wait for a bar to show up so I can post this...
My siggie.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by DFaraday »

I never can read Llama. I don't think I'm going for anyone in all of the MP/Hedge/Mongoose/Llama stuff, unless something more incriminating comes out before the lynch. I would like to do a bit of general rereading in the morning to see if anything stands out.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Post by BigDamnHero »

After reading about other possible lynch candidates during today's discussions, I still can't shake my distrust of MovingPictures. I'm sort of like a pitbull with a child's leg in that regard: once I sink with teeth into something meaty, I don't tend to let go until I shake it about a while longer. I think my vote still has to go to him again.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

I grew up in a small town in Iowa. Everybody basically knew everybody else, if not by name then most definitely by reputation as gossip travels faster than email in a small town like Belle Plaine. So it came as quite a surprise to me when Jonesy came to town one sunny summer afternoon. He was about the same age as I was, a precocious youth of about 7 or so, but I think the strangest thing about Jonesy was that nobody besides me knew who he was! Believe me, I asked around, yet nobody seemed to have the foggiest notion who in tarnation I was talking about.

Finally one day, I worked up the courage to head right to the source! Strolling past my house under the shade of the Green Ash trees which lined the town’s sidewalks, Jonesy was whistling an indiscriminate tune which drew my attention almost immediately as I lazily stared out from behind our picture window facing towards the front yard. Not having any more pressing matters forthcoming on that particular afternoon and for reasons I’m not sure I’m even aware of to this day, I ran out the front porch door and began to shout as I gave chase. Three houses down, I finally caught up with him and we had our very first conversation. The specific words and topics aren’t as easy for me to recall as they once were, but what began that day was a long and lasting childhood kinship between two boys who would come spend every summer day for many years to come enjoying the simplicities of their youthful misadventures.

As the years passed on, Jonesy and I began to slowly drift apart, as most young friendships do once the harsh realities of the modern world begin to eat away at the frivolities of youth. By the time I went away to college, though, I ended up losing all contact with him, and barely gave you boyhood friendship a second thought. It wasn’t until my wedding that my memory of him seemed to surface once again. As I compiled my half of the guest list, Jonesy’s name popped into my head, again for no reason that I can begin to comprehend. Having lost contact with him, I talked to my parents about him since they still lived in the same house in the same small town. Surprisingly, they had no recollection of him whatsoever.

Determined to find his current whereabouts, I took to the internets where I came across a very revealing article posted in the Belle Plaine Gazette:
TOWN MOURNS DROWNING AT LOCAL POOL
Right smack-dab in the middle of an article was a picture with the caption: Casper Jones, age 7, drowned after being left unattended at the public pool. I never believed in ghosts until that day, but I’ve been a believer ever since. And I realized that Casper wasn’t just my bestest childhood friend, but he was the friendliest ghost anyone could ever have the pleasure of knowing!
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Sorry for all the sequential posts, but my mind seems to be rambling a bit. It does that sometimes. You know what I mean, right birdwithteeth11? ;)
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Matt »

As Casper's older brother, Indiana, I am highly offended by BDH's post.

Also, huh?
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Has Snow Dog posted anything lately? He's usually very active.

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Ok - so Yea. My head's spinning again. I agree Hedgey's post sounded very genuine. I've done the oposite of what she has more than once (I believe others call it 'throwing your vote away') but it made the most sense to me at the time as I didn't want to vote for people I had civ feelings about just because they were collecting the most votes. Because I can relate to the sort of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation Hedgey is in, she read as very genuine to me.

@ CBK and Leam - please don't feel left out by any of the "well they usually play like this talk" with enough games, you'll be doing it too...unfortunately. I actually quite enjoy reading your perspective (as well as BDH's) because here's the down side to "well...this always happens blah blah blah) 1) While everyone does have tells, anyone who wants to keep playing usually changes them as soon as they find out what they are. and 2) People are wrong. All the time. And they don't see it because they have that knowlege in their heads. I've been lynched as a civ more than once because of the "well, x person knows how to read Bea really well." and they are convinced I'm bad. I may have just had a bad night at work, I may have just had 2 too many glasses of :wine: before I pulled myself off the computer. Their heads could have been in a different place. They could have been baddies using my playstyle against me. Lots of things go wrong by relying too much on what a people have done in the past. New ideas and new perspectives help us who play across several forums with the same group of people over and over again in our place. Keep thinking and keep posting!

Ok - so, now we've come to Llama and MP.

This is a thing that I'm not quite sure where I stand on yet. They both seem to have bad feelings about each other, but most of it that is actually defendable seems to be pretty minor. A lot of it (that I can remember) seems to be "gut feelings" And they fall into that "dude I know you so well" category so it's hard to filter out stuff that doesn't just come down to trusting either llama about MP or MP about llama.

As far as I can see from MP - the most suspish thing that has me keeping an eye on him is the Vomp vote. Yes he voted civ, but I have to agree with Vomp, I don't think it did him any favors. Vomp easily could have been lynched Day 1 instead of Elo, but MP's 2nd place vote is easy to gloss over if regardless of whether or not Vomp got lynched and flipped civ. Had he got lynched, he could have just as easily fell back on "I was following someone else's lead as I had no real suspicion" (which is pretty much what he said in his vote post if I recall correctly) as he has fallen to "I was baddie baiting." this time around. MP's been in enough games to know that statistically we tend to lynch a civ more often on day 1 than we do a baddie. And if he wasn't suspish of Vompie, he had to know that placing a vote on him Day 1 put him in danger. It's day 1. LOTS of people randomize. The spread is often huge on Day 1 votes and he could have easily been lynched with as little as 3 votes. Seems like a big risk to take with someone else's life on Day 1. Is the part I can't shake.

llama - I believe someone up there said he sounded "coached." I don't agree with coached either, but maybe "rehearsed" is a better word? Everything he says makes sense. But it's almost like it makes too much sense. Like that feeling you get when someone tries to sell you something "too good to be ture." I could be just miss reading his tone atm as I slammed another zillion pages in one sitting.

And because this game doesn't have ENOUGH wacky theories floating around, part of me wonders if llama and MP aren't doing this to throw some distance on each other. They are both cunning enough players to be able to sound suspish of a teammate but never quite suspish enough to get them lynched. Ya know? (That one there, I admit is kinda a streach, but I know baddie MP can play a pretty ballzy game when he wants to.)

In the end, I'm not sure where my vote will go tomorrow. I want to re-read a few things and I'm getting ready to hit the hay for the night. I work the late shift tomorrow so Imma setting the alarm earlyish and will have some time while I have coffee to try to put my head together for the vote.

Oh also - I am a crazy lady and have replaced into Dom's game. I still work a wonky schedule of swing shifts sometimes day shift sometimes night shift (even a turnaround at the end of the week) and will be keeping up with all three games so I'm giving this as fair warning if I seem quiet, it's because ZOMG!!! I'M A CRAZY LADY!!!

Speaking of crazy.....I've got no idea what to make of BDH's post. :shrug:

also also - I think this is the longest mafia post I've ever made. What is it about this game that makes everyone so talky???!!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

So I have to vote now-ish and I don't really have anyone I want to vote. I'm still a little overloaded from the games I'm playing now. My fault I guess.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dom wrote:

I don't get it.

You have felt 50/50 on Llama all game...this makes you nervous...although you feel slightly better about him (Llama, I'm guessing?) than Hedge...and this is where I get lost...

Because Hedge sounds very sincere while Llama sounds coached-ish?

So, in that scenario, how does that make you feel better about Llama than Hedge? Did you mean it the other way around?

Btw Dom, I would like to thank you. For thirty years of my life, when writing/typing something like "I think Barry Sanders is better than Emmit Smith", I would always use "then" instead of "than". I actually learned something today! Hurrah!
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Inglish spelinn rools arr mosely arbitrerry.

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I always had problems with "them" and "those" when I was a teenager. I is a local usage that I had until a teacher yelled at me for it saying "When you go to college, you don't want to sound like you are from T-county."

That said - post college, I've learned vompi is mostly correct. Spelling is pretty much what is agreed as correct as being correct. Example: Look at all the different ways of communicating on the interwebs. Mafia alone with it's no u and it's WIFOM and such....

Also - language itself is always growing and evolving.

also also - spelling was the last bit of language to be standardized. :D /nerd
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

After reading several thousand posts in the last hour, I have concluded that Dom, Llama, and Juliets are on a baddie team together.

You're welcome, town.

Goin' with my boy MP and voting Llama today.

If ya all really need an explanation, and it's probably best I give one, gimme an hour or so and a post will be up.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ah man, I can tell this is gonna take forever and will indeed suck. Hopefully it's not in vain.

Anywho, it all started with this...
Dom wrote:

I couldn't get my head around this. How does Dom feel better about Llama than Hedge if Hedge sounds sincere and Llama sounds coached? I don't get it! The only possible answer I could see, is if Dom messed up and accidentally switched the names around. However, when asked why he thinks Llama is coached, Dom answers...
Dom wrote:I don't know... his posts just don't feel genuine. To be honest, I'm having a hard time with this game in general. :/
So here, Dom sticks with his story, says Llama doesn't sound genuine.

Now, before I go any further, I do realize that maybe Dom meant he felt better about Llama being a BADDIE...maybe that's what he meant?

Not uh! Not uh I say! Cuz Dom said "I feel 50/50 on Llama, makes me nervous, ALTHOUGH..." In this case, although means he's about to say why he's not so nervous. Do you all agree? Following me so far? Goody goody gumdrops! So if he's about to say why he's not so nervous about Llama, why does Dom end up calling Llama a baddie again?

So from here, I gotta go searching through posts by Dom and Llama...

First, Dom makes his vote in the Day 0 poll, apparently from his phone...
Dom wrote:Knowing nothign about the subject... I'm randomizing :D

*strong sad it is!*

YAY GAME
After this, I imagine Llama and Juliets in chat, say "Duuuuuude, why didn't you vote for the obvious civvie Castle option?" Dom says "oh snap, what did I do?! Gaaah". Llama replies "Don't worry dude, just ask in the thread why everyone is voting castle, I'll tell you it's cuz the video, then say you didn't see the video! Got you covered, bro!"
thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:why is everyone voting king's castle?
Did you watch the video? That's where the cheat was.
Dom wrote:Oh.. I didn't notice the video when I voted from my phone. :3
Later on in the game, Llama mentions how Rey and Mata have been posting over at RM but not here. I imagine after this, Dom says to Llama in chat "DUDE! I haven't been posting much either, they're totally gonna figure us out!!! Don't worry though, bro, I got you covered since you covered me on that other thing! We're totally gonna trick them! I'm going to mention how you didn't mention me, then you say it's cuz you know I've been hosting! *high five*"
thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote: Yes, these are all good points. Thing I've noticed is that reywaS and Matahari have been participating quite a lot in the game over at RM, yet are quiet here. Could be that they only have time to focus on one game right now, could be a difference in tactics.
To be fair, SFU games are much further along, there's more to talk about, etc. For example, I'm in SFU and that game is in Day 8 (I believe) and its end momentum is seeming to start to build. It's easier to talk about a game where there's more information.

I'm among those who have been posting more at RM. You didn't mention me, which I find slightly interesting.

I was referring to Into the Woods, not 6FU, since I am not in that game and have not been following it. Mata and rey have both been active there even though it just started. You have ben hosting, which as I well know takes up a lot of time, so I was not surprised to see a low level of posts from you. :)
Also, somewhere in those posts, Llama agrees with MP on something, and Dom says "You've been with MP quite a lot this game." I'm guessing he said this so if/when Llama gets lynched, now Dom can go back and say "he sure was agreeing with MP a lot!". Anywho, I couldn't be bothered to actually show you the quotes, if you wanna see 'em, stop bein' lazy, players!

Anywho...Dom only has 14 posts, so that's all I really had to go on between those two. Considering, however, that Dom has been all up in MP's bizness (who, btw, has been looking at Llama for awhile now), take that with Dom's very, very strange post concerning who he trusts between Hedge/Llama, and then the above quotes I've shown you, I really don't think I'm wrong here.

After that, I felt the need to go over Llama's posts. And wowsa, 89 posts, man?! You crazy?

Looking through Llama's posts, I see a quote he makes of Juliets, where Juliet is asking Llama about something he said, and Llama replies "I never said that." I imagine in the chat, Llama says "Juliets? It's bad enough that me and Dom are messing up so bad, but now you? You're a professional! People are going to know we're partners talking in chat cuz you said my name when I never had anything to do with that! Don't worry, though, we got this. Oh, and while we're doing this, I might as well clear you of any wrongdoing, you asking why Elo was getting votes."
juliets wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:llama, have you already explained why you will be looking at gleam in another post somewhere (tbh, there has been so much posting I've lost track of some of the smaller things)? If not, could you give me some help on why you are looking there tomorrow?
I don't remember saying that. :huh: Perhaps you have me confused with someone else.

Right now, I am a little wary of Hedgeowl, for voting to tie Vompatti with Elohcin, and you for saying "I don't understand why Elo is getting votes" although to be honest, I doubt you would be that obvious if you were on her team.
Yes you are right I wouldnt have been that obvious. I was expressing i didn't know what people were voting on. In fact I still have to go back and look and see if the reason people voted for her applies to anyone else.

This next quote, happened before the quotes I just shared, and I find it interesting since Llama is against thinking that Juliet would be on Elo's team.
thellama73 wrote:Wow, great result! I am amazed we got a baddie with such a spread out vote. I'll have to reread today and see if anyone was trying to protect Elo. Maybe we can find another girl tomorrow.
The following quotes are after Llama is getting some heat, and I figure the chatroom went something like this... Juliet says "Boy Llama, they are sure onto you. We need to raise some suspicion on somebody else and FAST!" Llama replies "Okay, I know. We'll pick on Lizzy! She's acting weird in the thread as it is, so easy target. Yes! Just go in the thread, clear my name along with Hedgie and Mongoose, best put my name in the middle btw, and then ask who we should look at." Juliet replies "Cool beans!"
thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote: So, not Hedgeowl and not llama and not Mongoose. Who then? Anyone have anything else that they've noticed that could lead to a baddie?
I don't know. It's a tough one. Lizzy has been uncharcteristically subdued this game, don't you think?
juliets wrote:Compared to the last game I was in with her yes! Is the style I saw in that last game indicative of her normal style? She was all over the place talking about mafia tradition and god I can't remember what else.
Then after this, I imagine Llama says in the chat "Okay we really need to clear my name. Juliet, ask peeps why they think I'm suspicious, and then I'm going to get in that thread and defend my honor!"
juliets wrote:Ok it's late, and I know I should never mafia late. Plus, I've had my limit of two glasses of wine. But, I have to vote tomorrow in the morning so I have to try and understand what is happening tonight. I haven't been suspicious of llama because he seems like the normal sarcastic kinda guy I've seen in other games. But I see many of you - or it feels like many - who have issues with him. Other than MP's post, is there a post that details all of the reasons llama is suspicious?
thellama73 wrote:Trust your instincts, Juliets. There's legitimate suspicion and then there's baddie railroading. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe this is an example of the latter, given the persistence and vagueness of the complaints against me. Nobody has given any specific reason to suspect me, and yet my name keeps getting brought up, sowing the seeds of doubt and suspicion among honest, hard working civvies like yourself (for I do believe you to be civvie at this point).

Every time MP posts he brings up my name, I answer his concerns, he says he thinks my response is reasonable, he disappears for a while, and then he comes back with another post suspecting me. I'm really beginning to feel like is trying to do me in because he knows I am civvie.
Per the bold, I hope that helps both of you out!

And just in case I am completely wrong about Dom or Llama, there's this interesting couple of posts from Juliet at the beginning of the game, making me think she's extra bad. Surprised nobody caught this...
juliets wrote:So excited about the game!

I am going to vote at the Kings Castle.
followed by
juliets wrote:Since the video seems to make it obvious that the castle is the place to go it would seem to be unfair for the baddies and indys to have that be the civv option.
But...but...you voted Castle? And you don't think it was the civ option?

*whew*

That took FOREVER!

I will await my applause, I don't think I've ever been so spot on in a game.
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I read the above post in its entirety and am thoroughly impressed by it. :srsnod:

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

First off I've been experiencing ghosts since I was young. The first time I ever encountered an experience with a ghost is when I was 9 years old.

I was at home lying down in bed about to go to bed when all of a sudden I looked over to my left and floating right next to my bed was a white figure. I couldn't really make out what it was but it was next to me floating in the air but it didn't say anything. I didn't believe what I was seeing at first until I closed my eyes and opened them back up and it was still there and it didn't go away until finally a couple minutes later it vanished.

The next time I saw a ghost was when I was 13. I was riding my 4-wheeler in the woods next to my house during the night time by myself when all of a sudden I heard someone say my name in my right ear in the strangest voice. I started freaking out and drove out of the woods and when I got onto the road I looked back and I saw a white figure come out of the woods and right before it got to the road it vanished back into the woods. I couldn't make out what it looked like but all I know was that it was floating in the air and it was white.

When I was 15 I had moved to North Carolina with my mom and sister. We already had a vacation house their so we were living in the vacation house. One night I was standing in the hallway looking into my mom's room and talking to her when I suddenly turned and looked down the hallway and saw a woman in a white dress/robe type thing walk by the hallway. I do know that nobody died in that house either because the people that we bought the house from told us that they had built the house and that nobody else has lived in it except them.

Another experience I've had is just the other night. I live in the woods with nobody close by. I was lying down to go to bed. Around 12am I heard a blood curling scream that was a woman and then the very next day in the morning I was in my living room. I looked towards the stairs and saw a black figure that appeared to be running down my stairs and then vanished. Then just this morning as I walked by the window in my kitchen I saw this black dog figure standing in my yard but it disappeared as soon as I saw it. However I'm 18 now and ever since a couple months ago I have been dating my boyfriend he has experienced black figures in his house and he says the reason is because a guy had died in his house before he lived in it. One time I actually saw a black figure of a guy in his house by his parent's bedroom. Since I have been with him I have been seeing black figures instead of white figures now and hearing that blood curling scream that one night makes me think whatever I'm experiencing now isn't good but I'm not sure.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

Matt F....great post.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I don't have time to figure out how do to these quotes so my responses are in blue.

Mr F are you ever not going to suspect me in a game? I'd think you would be used to my style by now.

But anyway, I don't have bts with anyone in this game, I'm not baddie or indy, I'm a civv. There were no conversations in a chat room that included me and frankly, I've never been in a chat room where the conversation went anything like what you depict. I have not been trying to help anyone in the thread, I've just been minding my own business commenting on what I see. llama could very well be bad but I can't see the evidence - I asked if someone would point it out but your answer Mr. F seems to be that you can't. As everyone knows about me I sift and sift through whatever evidence there is and if there's not any there's nothing for me to sift.

So, your made up story is just that - a piece of fiction at least where it concerns me. I'm just playing my normal civv game.

Specifically:
Matt F wrote:After this, I imagine Llama and Juliets in chat, say "Duuuuuude, why didn't you vote for the obvious civvie Castle option?" Dom says "oh snap, what did I do?! Gaaah". Llama replies "Don't worry dude, just ask in the thread why everyone is voting castle, I'll tell you it's cuz the video, then say you didn't see the video! Got you covered, bro!"
This is the first time you mention me and you just throw me in to this imagined conversation that never took place with me anyway.
Matt F wrote:Looking through Llama's posts, I see a quote he makes of Juliets, where Juliet is asking Llama about something he said, and Llama replies "I never said that." I imagine in the chat, Llama says "Juliets? It's bad enough that me and Dom are messing up so bad, but now you? You're a professional! People are going to know we're partners talking in chat cuz you said my name when I never had anything to do with that! Don't worry, though, we got this. Oh, and while we're doing this, I might as well clear you of any wrongdoing, you asking why Elo was getting votes."
juliets wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:llama, have you already explained why you will be looking at gleam in another post somewhere (tbh, there has been so much posting I've lost track of some of the smaller things)? If not, could you give me some help on why you are looking there tomorrow?
I don't remember saying that. :huh: Perhaps you have me confused with someone else.

Right now, I am a little wary of Hedgeowl, for voting to tie Vompatti with Elohcin, and you for saying "I don't understand why Elo is getting votes" although to be honest, I doubt you would be that obvious if you were on her team.
Yes you are right I wouldnt have been that obvious. I was expressing i didn't know what people were voting on. In fact I still have to go back and look and see if the reason people voted for her applies to anyone else.

I thought llama had made a post about gleam but it turns out it was someone else. Just after this quote I corrected myself saying llama had not made the post. This is just a mistake I made given the number of people and amount of posting in the game. I also was not sure why Elo was taking on votes. I was able to eventually read back and discover it was because of her vote and it's timing.
Matt F wrote:The following quotes are after Llama is getting some heat, and I figure the chatroom went something like this... Juliet says "Boy Llama, they are sure onto you. We need to raise some suspicion on somebody else and FAST!" Llama replies "Okay, I know. We'll pick on Lizzy! She's acting weird in the thread as it is, so easy target. Yes! Just go in the thread, clear my name along with Hedgie and Mongoose, best put my name in the middle btw, and then ask who we should look at." Juliet replies "Cool beans!"
thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote: So, not Hedgeowl and not llama and not Mongoose. Who then? Anyone have anything else that they've noticed that could lead to a baddie?
I don't know. It's a tough one. Lizzy has been uncharcteristically subdued this game, don't you think?
juliets wrote:Compared to the last game I was in with her yes! Is the style I saw in that last game indicative of her normal style? She was all over the place talking about mafia tradition and god I can't remember what else.
First there was no conversation in a chatroom between me and llama. At this point in time i had decided I was not going to vote Hedgeowl, llama, or Mongoose and that of course left me without a suspicion. I don't know why llama mentioned Lizzy but I agreed she was not acting the way I experienced her in that other game we played (the name escapes me) where she was all over the thread arguing with mafia conventions and covering other subjects. Realizing this I agreed with llama.
It has occurred to me Mr F that maybe this entire story you made up is to try and get your teammate Lizzy off the hot seat. She admitted she was laying low and some might see this as her kidding, others may see it as her putting in plain site what she's been doing knowing that much later when she's found bad she can say "I told you I layed low". I can hear you in the chatroom now "Duuuuuuuude Lizzy what are you doing, get in there and post. Say you've been laying low, no one will believe you and you'll be off the hook. Meanwhile I'll get the off of you by linking Dom and llama and juliets. They'll take the votes, not you".

Back to my comments.
Matt F wrote: Then after this, I imagine Llama says in the chat "Okay we really need to clear my name. Juliet, ask peeps why they think I'm suspicious, and then I'm going to get in that thread and defend my honor!"
juliets wrote:Ok it's late, and I know I should never mafia late. Plus, I've had my limit of two glasses of wine. But, I have to vote tomorrow in the morning so I have to try and understand what is happening tonight. I haven't been suspicious of llama because he seems like the normal sarcastic kinda guy I've seen in other games. But I see many of you - or it feels like many - who have issues with him. Other than MP's post, is there a post that details all of the reasons llama is suspicious?
thellama73 wrote:Trust your instincts, Juliets. There's legitimate suspicion and then there's baddie railroading. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe this is an example of the latter, given the persistence and vagueness of the complaints against me. Nobody has given any specific reason to suspect me, and yet my name keeps getting brought up, sowing the seeds of doubt and suspicion among honest, hard working civvies like yourself (for I do believe you to be civvie at this point).
Prior to this post which is very late I had spent the whole night at a preseason football game, Bucs vs. Ravens. There was no chat room conversation because there is no chat room. Knowing I would have to vote this morning though i wanted to ask about the suspicions of llama. It's not because I'm on llama's team. So I asked the question - thats what I do - I ask questions, collect thoughts, sift through the evidence. I wanted responses from people who are voting for llama, what are the reasons?

There is more but i dont have time to address it because I have to vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sorry for the hurried post I thought the time for votes to be in was 10:30 this morning. It's not until this afternoon so there is time for me to answer questions or address whatever you want me to address.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”