I'm the Host
3%

Total votes: 36
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 185

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 4]

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:I still think Eloh subbed in for Mafia. Sorry dear- nothing you can say will change my mind. It's circumstantial.
I certainly have my suspicions there as well, but the sticking point for me is her stated preference for voting Wilgy, followed through with a vote, albeit a late one. It's possible tha she would have done this as his teammate, but I think it's less likely than the other candidates.

Let me ask you this, Epi. If Eloh indeed is bad, who would you suspect of being her last teammate?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 97

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Night 3]

Post by insertnamehere »

Long Con wrote:Yeah, it's pretty new. I caught up to the lynch on my phone as soon as I got off work tonight. S
aw the result, was pleased. When I got home, I went back and looked over the lynch again quickly with the result in mind, looking for Wilgy teammates. You two came out looking pretty bad. Then some other posts happened that discussed you guys in relation to Wilgy, and I was like, " *nod* yeah, that's what I'm saying."

Yeah, so it's apres-Wilgy new.
This is your explanation of your suspicion of me, LC.

Would you care to quote specific posts that feel like teammate interactions?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 290
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Having been on a mafia team with Elohcin twice (The Syndicate Mafia, Transistor), I get the impression that she would prefer to avoid throwing her teammates under the bus (and to be thrown under herself). In each of my own examples our team ended up bussing her begrudgingly, because we felt circumstance demanded it and it was agreed within the group.

If Elohcin 2.0 bussed Wilgy in this game, I think that would suggest that Wilgy himself requested or recommended it. To merely vote for Wilgy at the last second in a [at that point] runaway wagon isn't really even a "bus", because it looks just as bad as any counterwagon vote would. Baddies are generally aware of that. That's why I view her "Wilgy is my #1 suspect" moment is the moment of interest. It is well within the realm of possibility that Wilgy made such a request, as he has proven to be the type to enjoy gambits, distancing, WIFOM, and all those other strategic goodies that drive some of the braver baddies out there. Perhaps once I removed myself from the equation (and Quin was removed from the poll), Wilgy realized he was the odds-on lynch and made moves to prepare.

It's all quite speculative. Before I make a final decision on this one I'd like to hear what Elohcin has to say. Her extension has begun. :noble:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 165
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

RIP marmot.

And thanks for that, Denim suit. 10-4 ole buddy.

I'm very confused on who to vote for today. It might be Elo.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Hey @Mongoose!

When you say Mom Jeans "protect" a player, does that exclusively mean protect from a kill attempt, or does it also protect from a non-killing action affecting them as well?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

No one is off the poll today.

Makes me think MM was the target of that. Or else they were blocked. The poll removal role hasn't missed a PM yet.

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Scotty wrote:Hey @Mongoose!

When you say Mom Jeans "protect" a player, does that exclusively mean protect from a kill attempt, or does it also protect from a non-killing action affecting them as well?
Protect from mortal wounds only.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Mongoose wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hey @Mongoose!

Protect from mortal wounds only.

For a second, I thought those avocados were covered in flies. It was a rather disturbing second.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hey, what was your HorseCrimes image all about? I loved it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 253

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I still think Eloh subbed in for Mafia. Sorry dear- nothing you can say will change my mind. It's circumstantial.
I certainly have my suspicions there as well, but the sticking point for me is her stated preference for voting Wilgy, followed through with a vote, albeit a late one. It's possible tha she would have done this as his teammate, but I think it's less likely than the other candidates.

Let me ask you this, Epi. If Eloh indeed is bad, who would you suspect of being her last teammate?
I don't know. I'm too busy in the political thread trying to save the world.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Mongoose wrote:Hey, what was your HorseCrimes image all about? I loved it.
it's a random image from my favorite tumblr of all time: LiarTownUSA, which specializes in bizarre photoshops that both astound and slightly disturb me.

Here are some examples:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Some of the images are NSFW, (though none that I've posted here are) so I'm not going to directly link to the blog, but it's only a google away and is probably the Internet at its apex.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Here's an image that describes the current state of the game:

WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

You;re right, it does feel a lot like June 1960 in here.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The best argument that Boomslang is bad:

~ He and his team sought to make him look like a golden god. To achieve this he slaughtered two of his teammates, each time placing timely votes to help ensure their destruction.
~ To augment the stellar voting record, they deliberately targeted him with a night kill and then blocked it, knowing beforehand that his name would appear in the host post as having survived.
~ Quin has information implicating Boomslang.

How compelling is this argument? Not at all

~~~

The best argument that Elohcin 2.0 is bad:

~ She returned to the game immediately after death, potentially having been an informed roleblocker before, and this indicates she isn't a civilian again.
~ She threw Wilgy under the bus either at his request or her own whims, and she made sure to make it look good by calling him her top suspect before his wagon got started.

How compelling is this argument? Mildly

~~~

The best argument that Epignosis is bad:

~ DDL and Epi have a unique understanding in BTSC, and they agree that Epi should destroy DDL publicly for the credit. DDL is too busy to play anyway.
~ Despite enjoying more civilian credibility than he has in many past games, he has remained somewhat detached from a few significant ongoing discussions (JJJ/LC, Quin/llama, etc...)

How compelling is this argument? Barely

~~~

The best argument that insertnamehere is bad:

~ On Day 1 he took advantage of llama's aggression by whipping up a case on an easy target and assuming a perspective of confidence -- one unlike him in experience.
~ He voted too quickly on Day 1 to be relevant when the DDL wagon appeared, and his Day 3 vote made me an early counterwagon to Wilgy.
~ He abandoned his case against llama after DDL flipped mafia in an ill-advised knee-jerk reaction, thinking llama would draw a lot of civilian credibility as the DDL counterwagon.

~~~

The best argument that Long Con is bad:

~ He also viewed llama as a lynchable target on Day 1 because of his brashness and tried to take advantage.
~ He responded to my severe suspicion by reflecting it upon me to discredit my case and reduce public trust I might field.
~ He voted too quickly on Day 3 to be relevant when the Wilgy wagon appeared, and his suspicion that I was lying about my lynch immunity was a lie to allow him to remain steadfast and consistent.

How compelling is this argument? Considerably, though my biases must be acknowledged.

~~~

The best argument that Made is bad:

~ He has sidelined himself while numerous louder players devour each other.
~ He realized on Day 3 that if he voted for me and forced a tie, it could look really terrible. He voted Wilgy because he had to.

~~~

The best argument that nijuukyugou is bad:

~ She has adopted a cannibalistic mindset as a baddie in this game and has voted for her teammates when possible without regard for the consequences.
~ She knows that her less frequent posting rate will allow her to blend even into a late game scenario when trust in her might fade.

How compelling is this argument? It isn't

~~~

The best argument that Quin is bad:

~ He is a brave enough bad guy to vote in defense of his teammates, knowing that he is capable of putting on the right face afterword to evade the noose.
~ He acknowledged in the sign-up thread that he has a tinfoil reputation, and when he drew a mafia role he decided to play heavily into that meta. His read on Boomslang is extremely against the grain on purpose.

~~~

The best argument that Scotty is bad:

~ He hasn't been a major voice in a few ongoing thread dialogues, and he has blended more effectively than any other player.
~ His vote for Wilgy represents an agreed bus, and since it came first he could still hold out hope that some other wagon would take off.
~ His emphasis on mechanical exploration and questioning reflects his mafia-inclined need to sort out threatening roles.

~~~

The best argument that Sorsha is bad:

~ She placed more bussing votes than any other player on The Syndicate in 2016 according to my statistical compilation (5 - accounts for most but not all games).
~ She has coasted on her civilian credit and is confident that she can recover from the loss of teammates because she's done it before.

~~~

The best argument that Spacedaisy is bad:

~ Process of elimination, it has to be somebody and there are a lot of civilian-looking players left.
~ MovingPictures tried to stick around as long as he could for his mafia team's sake but eventually bailed once his wife agreed to step in (recalls Epi/Eloh in Turf Wars)

~~~

The best argument that thellama73 is bad:

~ His Day 1 behavior was a show designed to make him appear carefree and fearless.
~ His aggression against Wilgy was also for show, and his motions against me before Wilgy flipped were the precursors to a setup.

How compelling is this argument? Barely.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm voting JaggedJimmyJay.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*prolonged fart noise*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:*prolonged fart noise*
No, my thinking is twofold.

Your votes are shit.

However, your effort is good.

Now, before anyone says that "JJJ's effort is always good," let me clarify: I think your effort is genuine. Some (not all) of what you have said fits my mindset to a degree that makes me comfortable.

Why did you vote the way you did? I know you have a phone, so why not wait until later to see what happens?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Thanks for the tip, INH! Bound to become my new obsession. The Slurries cookbook just slays me, especially since I use that word a lot to to define the stuff I eat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Your votes are shit.
No argument.
Epignosis wrote:Why did you vote the way you did? I know you have a phone, so why not wait until later to see what happens?
I can't stand to vote early, so I don't do it unless I am not sure I'll be able to vote later. I've had family from out-of-state in town this week, and I've spent a lot of time doing things with them. I don't want to be the guy staring at my damned phone the whole time. When I've left the computer to engage in that stuff, I have placed my votes and for the most part left the Mafia well enough alone.

On Day 1 I voted for MM because at the time he was one of my top four suspects. I had just finished stating a case against him and it's what I felt was the best material available. The DDL wagon didn't occur until well after that. Had I been around in the end with my vote in hand I would have favored a DDL lynch over a llama lynch. That can be believed or not, whatever.

On Day 2, I voted in self-preservation. I was underwhelmed with a Quin lynch.

On Day 3, I was deciding between Made and Wilgy. The latter had already been receiving plenty of negative attention and I was fine with his destruction. The former had been all-but forgotten by seemingly everyone (even in discussions of low posters his name hardly appeared). I wanted to remedy that. I stated some suspicion I had of him, discussed it a bit with MM and Quin, and decided that's where I wanted to vote.

I understand they look shitty and that's just life.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm eliminating Eloh and SD from my "willing to lynch" list today, and here's why.

INH, LC, and Quin all have terrible voting records and other reasons to suspect them. They have all voted with each other on every lynch. I do not believe that the two remaining baddies would have voted together on every lynch, so I believe that one, but not more than one, of them is bad.

If we find the bad one, I would be willing to eliminate the other two from my suspicions and look elsewhere. That would be enormously helpful information. Now the question is, which one?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Your votes are shit.
No argument.
Epignosis wrote:Why did you vote the way you did? I know you have a phone, so why not wait until later to see what happens?
I can't stand to vote early, so I don't do it unless I am not sure I'll be able to vote later. I've had family from out-of-state in town this week, and I've spent a lot of time doing things with them. I don't want to be the guy staring at my damned phone the whole time. When I've left the computer to engage in that stuff, I have placed my votes and for the most part left the Mafia well enough alone.

On Day 1 I voted for MM because at the time he was one of my top four suspects. I had just finished stating a case against him and it's what I felt was the best material available. The DDL wagon didn't occur until well after that. Had I been around in the end with my vote in hand I would have favored a DDL lynch over a llama lynch. That can be believed or not, whatever.

On Day 2, I voted in self-preservation. I was underwhelmed with a Quin lynch.

On Day 3, I was deciding between Made and Wilgy. The latter had already been receiving plenty of negative attention and I was fine with his destruction. The former had been all-but forgotten by seemingly everyone (even in discussions of low posters his name hardly appeared). I wanted to remedy that. I stated some suspicion I had of him, discussed it a bit with MM and Quin, and decided that's where I wanted to vote.

I understand they look shitty and that's just life.
All right. That all works for me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 266

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:~ He acknowledged in the sign-up thread that he has a tinfoil reputation,
This is news to me.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

The 'Eloh subbed in after being an informed role blocker therefore she's not likely to be civ this time' thing isn't actually a thing. We all know what the deal was with Eloh 1.0 and to pretend otherwise is foolhardy. We're on an even playing field in relation to whatever information she had.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:~ He acknowledged in the sign-up thread that he has a tinfoil reputation,
This is news to me.
I might be remembering incorrectly, because I can't find it now. I thought I recalled you saying something like "I never tinfoil. :grin:" in response to someone else's light-hearted poke in some recent thread somewhere.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:The 'Eloh subbed in after being an informed role blocker therefore she's not likely to be civ this time' thing isn't actually a thing. We all know what the deal was with Eloh 1.0 and to pretend otherwise is foolhardy. We're on an even playing field in relation to whatever information she had.
How do you feel about her independent of that point?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
This is news to me.
I might be remembering incorrectly, because I can't find it now. I thought I recalled you saying something like "I never tinfoil. :grin:" in response to someone else's light-hearted poke in some recent thread somewhere.
I know what your referring to. DDL was talking about that huge ass game on another site and mentioned that all he needed was a Quin in tinfoil mode and the thread would explode.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I feel like I've said it once already, but since people are bringing it up again I'm gonna have to repeat myself.

The whole 'mafia killed one of their own to frame me' theory, which is what is being defined as the tinfoil part of my game so far, wasn't an accusation. It was a reason to believe that we shouldn't be giving Boomslang unwarranted trust because he was the night kill target.

I suspect Boomslang for actual reasons. ISO, fam.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:The 'Eloh subbed in after being an informed role blocker therefore she's not likely to be civ this time' thing isn't actually a thing. We all know what the deal was with Eloh 1.0 and to pretend otherwise is foolhardy. We're on an even playing field in relation to whatever information she had.
How do you feel about her independent of that point?
I'd still lean bad. Her vote was in the realm of insignificance, and I could see it as a bus attempt.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I suspect Boomslang for actual reasons. ISO, fam.
I ISO'd, fam.

These are the posts I found in your history in which you cast suspicion upon Boomslang for reasons unrelated to his survival:
Quin wrote:Boomslang, did you read the entire discourse between me and LC? I struggle to see how you can be on board with the 'boosting my post count' idea if you had done so.

I also disagree with your stance on 3J. I'd ideally have done the same thing, because it allows Sorsha to confirm or deny whether she was watching the thread without realising it.
Quin wrote:You're expecting me to come out guns blazing at the onset of suspicion, Boomslang. He used the wrong word to describe my posts, and I told him I thought he was wrong. He elaborated, so I elaborated in turn. It's not 'deflecting' if I address the point, either, so there's another instance of people using buzz words that don't fit. I think to say now that you think LC's point had merit shows that you didn't really evaluate what you read, because whatever point he made was quickly refuted, and even he didn't pursue it. Unless, of course, you want to tell me that my three posts were insistent, even with my elaboration of their contexts.

about Sorsha - Maybe I can rephrase, because I was painting it a bit too cut and dry. If Sorsha is being legitimate about not being around, she'd say so. That doesn't really say anything about whether she's good or bad, just that she wasn't around. If she didn't bring it up, it heavily points to the idea that she was around, and it adds value to 3J's thought process.
Quin wrote:I feel like I should elaborate on my Boomslang read.

He's come across as disingenuous twice in his cases against me.

The first time, he jumped on LC's theory that I was being insistent by pushing my argument against 3J. This was after I discussed it with LC and even he moved on from that specific element of his argument. He still assures me that he read the dialogue to the end, which clearly isn't true.

The second time, he accused me of backtracking in my theory as to why he survived, even though nobody had expressed suspicion at me for it at the time. Backtracking isn't a thing in that context.

He's not voting me either. He wants to bring attention to 3J, so he's not voting me. Even though he's suspected me more than anybody else in this game. Nah.

I'd call a baddie team of llama, 3J and Boomslang.
It appears all of this suspicion you have of Boomslang (these posts are all Day 2 or earlier) stems from the direct interaction between you and him. A couple questions:

1. What worries do you have, if any, about being influenced by bias?

2. Do Boomslang's voting record or his survival mean anything to you or no?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Night 3]

Post by Marmot »

Mongoose wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:The poll ended in a tie, so we get no night post. :(
And no nightkill! :cloud9:
Uhhh....

Here's a felted marmot.

Thanks Mongoose! :hugs:

Thanks for the game too! What a pleasure it's been to finally play one of your games again. I love your new avatar too.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 3]

Post by Long Con »

insertnamehere wrote:I still think our triple lettered friend is bluffing.

Even if he won a one-time lynch immunity, I doubt he'd use it today.

I can definitely see him using it tomorrow, though. That's partly why I want him out today.

I also don't understand the Wilgy case.
INH, this is really the post that was marking you as "There - there's the way a teammate would try to salvage this for his teammate without outright defending him."
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The best argument that Long Con is bad:
I don't really think that I need to respond to this at this stage of the game. I haven't decided whether or not you're just suspecting me in order to keep me from getting nightkilled, or if it's really real... and it doesn't matter anymore, because dead Civs win. This just reveals what may be my greatest Mafia weakness: I can't resist talking about myself. :haha: So, I shall rebut:
~ He also viewed llama as a lynchable target on Day 1 because of his brashness and tried to take advantage.
What kind of biased crap is this? "Tried to take advantage"? Son, you best be clarifying what you mean by that. I had a suspicion of Llama. I said why. What the @^#$ does this mean exactly, since you're trying to throw shade at me for it?
~ He responded to my severe suspicion by reflecting it upon me to discredit my case and reduce public trust I might field.
Um, ok, this goes down the garden path quite a bit. I *did* respond to your severe suspicion, that much is something we can agree on.

What exactly makes it "reflecting" on you? Can you imagine a situation where person A can suspect person B legitimately, despite person B suspecting person A first? Is this automatically "reflecting" the suspicion?

And now you have concrete reasons about my intentions when "reflecting" your suspicion: I wanted to "discredit your case" and I wanted to "reduce public trust you might field". Can you back that up with anything? What portions of your case did I discredit, specifically? Is it discrediting when I take your accusations and explain my point of view about them? Was an attempt to discredit you central to my suspicion of you? I don't remember discrediting you.

And if you want to talk more about "reduce public trust I might field", I'm interested to know what you mean by that. I just don't feel like that's an accurate reflection of our interactions.
~ He voted too quickly on Day 3 to be relevant when the Wilgy wagon appeared
Yeah, I voted early. It wasn't about Wilgy. And I supported the Wilgy lynch all the way, it's pretty clear from my posts. I was like "Wilgy or JJJ"... and let's be frank, I didn't exactly expect everyone to grow massive balls and vote for you despite your claim of unlynchability.
, and his suspicion that I was lying about my lynch immunity was a lie to allow him to remain steadfast and consistent.
How does that keep me "steadfast and consistent"? :confused: That accusation was pretty much out of left field. It wasn't in any way (and was not presented as such) connected to any other suspicion I had had of you prior. It was solely about me thinking you would try to smart-play the immunity for greater advantage. Hell, I wasn't even saying it made you bad.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The best argument that Long Con is bad:
I don't really think that I need to respond to this at this stage of the game. I haven't decided whether or not you're just suspecting me in order to keep me from getting nightkilled, or if it's really real... and it doesn't matter anymore, because dead Civs win. This just reveals what may be my greatest Mafia weakness: I can't resist talking about myself. :haha: So, I shall rebut:
Based on the language of your response, you seem to misunderstand the purpose of that post -- I am crafting arguments that every remaining player is bad, and then I am deciding whether those arguments inspire me. It's an exercise, and it by nature demands that I assign a negative motivation to the content of the player being assessed -- even if that's not the only possible motivation. You're likely to see me repeat this a few times as I respond to the remainder of what you've said here.

Indeed so I don't have repeat the entire paragraph, I am going to use a code phrase: pumpkin pie

If you see the code phrase, please refer back to the above paragraph.
Long Con wrote:What kind of biased crap is this? "Tried to take advantage"? Son, you best be clarifying what you mean by that. I had a suspicion of Llama. I said why. What the @^#$ does this mean exactly, since you're trying to throw shade at me for it?
The post presumes you are bad (as it did with every other player). In a scenario where you are bad, your Day 1 suspicion of llama was opportunistic. This is not the only possibility, but possibilities that aren't negative are irrelevant to the post.

Pumpkin pie.
Long Con wrote:What exactly makes it "reflecting" on you? Can you imagine a situation where person A can suspect person B legitimately, despite person B suspecting person A first? Is this automatically "reflecting" the suspicion?
The post presumes you are bad (as it did with every other player). In a scenario where you are bad, your suspicion of me was a strategic response to my suspicion of you and not sincere. This is not the only possibility, but possibilities that aren't negative are irrelevant to the post.

Pumpkin pie.
Long Con wrote:And now you have concrete reasons about my intentions when "reflecting" your suspicion: I wanted to "discredit your case" and I wanted to "reduce public trust you might field". Can you back that up with anything? What portions of your case did I discredit, specifically? Is it discrediting when I take your accusations and explain my point of view about them? Was an attempt to discredit you central to my suspicion of you? I don't remember discrediting you.

And if you want to talk more about "reduce public trust I might field", I'm interested to know what you mean by that. I just don't feel like that's an accurate reflection of our interactions.
The post presumes you are bad (as it did with every other player). In a scenario where you are bad, that is how I would describe my theory about what motivated you to behave as you did. When I was accusing you of the straw man fallacy earlier in the game, I felt your intention was to discredit me by making me look like a doofus (the misquotes that I was so bothered by, and when you told me I thought everyone else is an idiot). This is not the only possibility, but possibilities that aren't negative are irrelevant to the post.

Pumpkin pie.
Long Con wrote:How does that keep me "steadfast and consistent"? :confused: That accusation was pretty much out of left field. It wasn't in any way (and was not presented as such) connected to any other suspicion I had had of you prior. It was solely about me thinking you would try to smart-play the immunity for greater advantage. Hell, I wasn't even saying it made you bad.
The post presumes you are bad (as it did with every other player). In a scenario where you are bad, I would describe your accusation that I was lying about my immunity (or when I used it) was in truth an effort by you to remain consistent in your anti-JJJ posture regardless of the changing circumstances in the game -- because people tend to view consistency as a civilian trait and that is the show being put on. I could say the same about Quin in his continuing aggression against Boomslang. I consider hard consistency to often be a trait of the mafia faction instead. This is not the only possibility, but possibilities that aren't negative are irrelevant to the post.

Pumpkin pie.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con: I am no longer the only player in the game who suspects you. What does that mean to you? What do you think of the misgivings about you presented by other players on the game roster?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd like to go through the same exercise again, this time arguing that everyone alive is good. Inconsistencies or overlap might lead me to a narrow pool of vote options.

Tomorrow though if so. It's too damned late.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 3]

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:I still think our triple lettered friend is bluffing.

Even if he won a one-time lynch immunity, I doubt he'd use it today.

I can definitely see him using it tomorrow, though. That's partly why I want him out today.

I also don't understand the Wilgy case.
INH, this is really the post that was marking you as "There - there's the way a teammate would try to salvage this for his teammate without outright defending him."
I agree that this post does make INH look pretty bad. How could he not understand the Wilgy case, as it was based mainly on his late vote on a counterwagon that would have saved a baddie's life if it had succeeded?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con: I am no longer the only player in the game who suspects you. What does that mean to you?
It means I have less chance of getting nightkilled.
What do you think of the misgivings about you presented by other players on the game roster?
Voting records, interpretations of Wilgy interactions... nothing that really blows my skirt up. I do think it's weird that INH, Quin and I have been like a voting block. I think the idea that there's a baddie in there feels right... and it's funny how the order in which our votes came in rotates across the three days: INH, LC, Quin... then Quin, INH, LC.... then LC, INH, Quin. Almost perfect rotation, but Quin was never second, and INH was never last. I took a turn in all three positions, and each of us got a turn at going first.

And sorry about rebutting your exercise old chum - get a few drinks in me, and I just want to argue. :haha:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Having been on a mafia team with Elohcin twice (The Syndicate Mafia, Transistor), I get the impression that she would prefer to avoid throwing her teammates under the bus (and to be thrown under herself). In each of my own examples our team ended up bussing her begrudgingly, because we felt circumstance demanded it and it was agreed within the group.

If Elohcin 2.0 bussed Wilgy in this game, I think that would suggest that Wilgy himself requested or recommended it. To merely vote for Wilgy at the last second in a [at that point] runaway wagon isn't really even a "bus", because it looks just as bad as any counterwagon vote would. Baddies are generally aware of that. That's why I view her "Wilgy is my #1 suspect" moment is the moment of interest. It is well within the realm of possibility that Wilgy made such a request, as he has proven to be the type to enjoy gambits, distancing, WIFOM, and all those other strategic goodies that drive some of the braver baddies out there. Perhaps once I removed myself from the equation (and Quin was removed from the poll), Wilgy realized he was the odds-on lynch and made moves to prepare.

It's all quite speculative. Before I make a final decision on this one I'd like to hear what Elohcin has to say. Her extension has begun. :noble:
Yes. If I were bad, I wouldn't have waited to vote wilgy until later. I would have said something like....These are my top three suspects and I'm going to go ahead and choose one now...Wilgy. that's what I would have done. I would not have waited to read more of what others had to say about my thoughts and votes him last second. I am aware that voting him last second makes me look bad. If I were bad, I would have willfully avoided that.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm serious about my suggestion that you lynch me today, for the record. All keeping me alive is doing right now is giving the baddies an opportunity to keep me alive until LYLO and then get rid of me then. I look too shitty for redemption. I'm already seeing counter wagons being set up for EoD.

If you are going to vote away from me, I'd endorse votes among llama or 3J. I'm excluded Boomslang just because I think if one of llama or 3J flip bad, there's a high probability of them being teammates.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
What do you think of the misgivings about you presented by other players on the game roster?
Voting records, interpretations of Wilgy interactions... nothing that really blows my skirt up. I do think it's weird that INH, Quin and I have been like a voting block. I think the idea that there's a baddie in there feels right... and it's funny how the order in which our votes came in rotates across the three days: INH, LC, Quin... then Quin, INH, LC.... then LC, INH, Quin. Almost perfect rotation, but Quin was never second, and INH was never last. I took a turn in all three positions, and each of us got a turn at going first.

And sorry about rebutting your exercise old chum - get a few drinks in me, and I just want to argue. :haha:
If you agree that there's probably a baddie in the voting bloc, do you think it's more likely to be INH or Quin?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:

If you agree that there's probably a baddie in the voting bloc, do you think it's more likely to be INH or Quin?
Quin, I guess.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Was anyone silenced yesterday?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

What could it possibly mean for the overalls' strap to come undone? To be attached? And what would that do for their lynchability?

It would seem to me like the mechanic of straps coming undone haven't come into effect yet. The killing has been happening every day, so unless the strap just happens to switch places every kill, I doubt it's doing the killing. If it's not doing the killing, that must mean that there must exist a mechanic to balance that, because if there's 2 kills on mafia, that's gonna be a bitch.
There surely must be a mechanic in the *Secret* Denim Mini that can combat this, like a big shit or something.

There's so many possibilities of unstrapping the overalls that I see here without any context:
-one time lynch immunity: doing so unstraps to a side.
Now the problem with this is...if it is unstrapped to one side and they start killing every other night, what determines the switch? Another attempted lynch/kill on overalls, and they are immune again? Naw. They must have the ability to switch in fair play. Two lynch immunities is bullshit with 4 mafia members.
-an item that they receive.
The problem with this is...it's too variable. Hell, who knows when items will become available during this game. Afaik there's only been one item giveaway. But even then, what "item" unstraps overalls? "HANDS"? Naw.
-the death of x number of mafia teammates
This one could make sense...with 2 down, maybe overalls are slightly hampered.
-a timing thing
Since we have lynch immunity for a civ role until the end of the 5th cycle, mayyyybe this also activates the Overalls as an SK? Or maybe the Jean Genie becomes the SK? The game is already 12 civs + 4 mafia + 1 Jean Genie. We don't know shit about the Jean Genie...
-the player controlling the Jean Genie votes for Overalls.
Thus granting some sort of hillbilly wish. I dunno. We were told the sock couldn't vote in the poll, but there are definitely more players than there are roles, so who knows.

------------------
How bout this tinfoil tho:
The Jean Genie is actually the Denim Mini's secret, and the Overalls are split into 2 people. Those 2 people are essentially blind in the mafia and don't have BTSC, but are searching for each other all game. If they find each other, they'll be essentially merged into their own team with btSC. And if one member dies, the other gains ability to kill every other night. And Vis versa. 12 v 3 v 2 seems relatively balanced, right?

I come to this tinfoil because the Jean Genie hasn't utilized the sock to give us any information or provide a use for civs. It essentially looks like a role mechanic that can talk to the thread in general privacy instead of making the host post on its behalf. It just has nothing to say because it doesn't know shit.

I think the extra player is not on our side, and so you if think a player looks like a hanging chad indie in the civ voting bloc, then maybe that player should be lynched instead.

That's my tinfoil for the day. Now time to go do a shit ton of interviews. Kill me.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:There surely must be a mechanic in the *Secret* Denim Mini that can combat this, like a big shit or something.
That should read "vig shot"
:ninja:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Scotty wrote:What could it possibly mean for the overalls' strap to come undone? To be attached? And what would that do for their lynchability?

It would seem to me like the mechanic of straps coming undone haven't come into effect yet. The killing has been happening every day, so unless the strap just happens to switch places every kill, I doubt it's doing the killing. If it's not doing the killing, that must mean that there must exist a mechanic to balance that, because if there's 2 kills on mafia, that's gonna be a bitch.
There surely must be a mechanic in the *Secret* Denim Mini that can combat this, like a big shit or something.

There's so many possibilities of unstrapping the overalls that I see here without any context:
Now the problem with this is...if it is unstrapped to one side and they start killing every other night, what determines the switch? Another attempted lynch/kill on overalls, and they are immune again? Naw. They must have the ability to switch in fair play. Two lynch immunities is bullshit with 4 mafia members.
The problem with this is...it's too variable. Hell, who knows when items will become available during this game. Afaik there's only been one item giveaway. But even then, what "item" unstraps overalls? "HANDS"? Naw.
-a timing thing
Since we have lynch immunity for a civ role until the end of the 5th cycle, mayyyybe this also activates the Overalls as an SK? Or maybe the Jean Genie becomes the SK? The game is already 12 civs + 4 mafia + 1 Jean Genie. We don't know shit about the Jean Genie...
Thus granting some sort of hillbilly wish. I dunno. We were told the sock couldn't vote in the poll, but there are definitely more players than there are roles, so who knows.

------------------
The Jean Genie is actually the Denim Mini's secret, and the Overalls are split into 2 people. Those 2 people are essentially blind in the mafia and don't have BTSC, but are searching for each other all game. If they find each other, they'll be essentially merged into their own team with btSC. And if one member dies, the other gains ability to kill every other night. And Vis versa. 12 v 3 v 2 seems relatively balanced, right?

I come to this tinfoil because the Jean Genie hasn't utilized the sock to give us any information or provide a use for civs. It essentially looks like a role mechanic that can talk to the thread in general privacy instead of making the host post on its behalf. It just has nothing to say because it doesn't know shit.

I think the extra player is not on our side, and so you if think a player looks like a hanging chad indie in the civ voting bloc, then maybe that player should be lynched instead.

That's my tinfoil for the day. Now time to go do a shit ton of interviews. Kill me.
I considered that maybe the first time we try to lynch the overalls, a strap would come undone (meaning we'd have to lynch them three times) but that seems overpowered, and thre have been consecutive night kills, so it wouldn't explain Quin's survival.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:Was anyone silenced yesterday?
I just checked and unless it was Made or SD, I think everyone posted yesterday. I doubt those 2 were silenced.

All we assume is INH was silenced day 2, and that's it right?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

@llama yes that's what spurned me to wondering the overalls wanted to be lynched, but it seems too far fetched. There would have to be another mechanic in the civ list

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Scotty wrote:
I just checked and unless it was Made or SD, I think everyone posted yesterday. I doubt those 2 were silenced.

And why would a silencer waste their power on Daisy, anyway?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thellama73 wrote:
Scotty wrote:

And why would a silencer waste their power on Daisy, anyway?
Yeah. I think either they were blocked or missed their Pm. Or don't like silencing. Which is incredibly unhelpful.

I'm still unsure of what Elo 1.0 was supposed to be, and Quin's play around that whole thing is still having me scratch my head.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dude.
Scotty wrote:What could it possibly mean for the overalls' strap to come undone? To be attached? And what would that do for their lynchability?

-a timing thing

------------------

Oooooooooooooooor...it's just a cute way of saying the Overalls kill every Night.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”