65%

Total votes: 17
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 2]

Post by Matt »

Dom wrote:
Matt F wrote:Just an observation, I'm not saying this is true at all...

It would be very clever if DP or Borok were Trogdor, and picked their own hut.
To be fair, you could say that about anyone who picks a hut that is the one Trogdor chooses.
From here on out, though, the hut picking will be done my PM. I dunno, just a thought.
Image Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

Would it be collectively advantageous if none of us sent in PMs so we all end up in one hut? That way it lowers the likelihood of any one person dying, but at the price of risking death. I'm not sure if anyone is told anything in regards to which hut Trogdor will pick, so it seems like a possibly good idea to pool together to reduce the risk for all players.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

That sounds good in theory, but all the baddies have BTS and can just pick a cabin and hope it's not the one Trog picks (I don't think the baddie teams are en communicado with him/her). There's a suspension of trust required for that, so while it's a good idea, I'm not sure if I trust some of these players of dubious alignment.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

ture, if trogdor can communicate with others it is probably a bad idea, but if not it seems like it would be beneficial to help everyone regardless of alignment. If people with BTSC chose a hut of their own and that hut got picked one of them would definitely die, but if they defaulted to trogdor's a civ might die, which is good for them. It's also flawed because people are going to do what they want especially when it's in secret.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

actually, they wouldn't definitely die and it would just end up the same as it would be if they chose to default.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Hedgeowl »

Matt F wrote:
S~V~S wrote:It's disconcerting finding yourself being laughed at in threads you are not even playing in, lol.
:(

If it makes you feel better, based off what hasn't happened yet in this game, based on Rey's absence...

I do not believe you are a baddie.
Oh, I wasn't laughing at you! Just thought the situation was funny and played along. :hugs:

rey was playing this game? But seriously, I don't even think he's been mentioned as a suspect in the 26 pages we have so far.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

After thinking about it, I'm not sure there is much advantage in choosing anything in particular.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

I already picked my hut and I'm not changing my mind. I'll be planting vegetables in the backyard if you need me.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

I've been ill but will try and catch up.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 110

Post by S~V~S »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Matt F wrote:
S~V~S wrote:It's disconcerting finding yourself being laughed at in threads you are not even playing in, lol.

If it makes you feel better, based off what hasn't happened yet in this game, based on Rey's absence...

Oh, I wasn't laughing at you! Just thought the situation was funny and played along. :hugs:

rey was playing this game? But seriously, I don't even think he's been mentioned as a suspect in the 26 pages we have so far.
LOL, it's OK if you were ha ha. I was just really engrossed in reading the thread, and that was so weird, finding that.

And yeah, it also surprised me, whenever I would see a post of his, to recall it was ME.

Also in reading the roles, I apparently missed something, we have to pick our own huts? I am not up to that in the thread, I assume?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

We select them via PMing the hostess. I can't remember the names of all 5 huts, but the polls section for this game should list them all for you.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Matt F wrote:

LOL, it's OK if you were ha ha. I was just really engrossed in reading the thread, and that was so weird, finding that.

And yeah, it also surprised me, whenever I would see a post of his, to recall it was ME.

Also in reading the roles, I apparently missed something, we have to pick our own huts? I am not up to that in the thread, I assume?
Just pick a number from 1-5 and PM it in.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Draconus »

My 2 cents for SVS's catch-up: I believed 100% that Bullzeye was a civ. And don't forget to vote for me! I have death wish, I want to be elected Mayor of Zombieland, and I must be bad because I'm posting like an insane lunatic :D

I was going to address something else, but I've already forgotten what it was and I don't care to go back and look.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:We select them via PMing the hostess. I can't remember the names of all 5 huts, but the polls section for this game should list them all for you.
OH, Thank You :daisy: I was planning to take an order Day One

I did not realize there was a poll thread, so the Day One post should explain how this hut business works? Thank You~

And Devin, from my read of Bullz so far, yeah, I have to agree. And people who want to be lynched make me very nervous, I try in general to not gratify them with a vote, but I will keep you in mind :)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Lizzy »

Welcome, SVS! :dance:

Like Snowy, I too have been ill and out of town as well. I will try to focus as much as possible, but for now I feel like I've been hit by a train.
Also, I think it may be a bit too late for me to become a pro fencer. :sigh:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

S~V~S wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:We select them via PMing the hostess. I can't remember the names of all 5 huts, but the polls section for this game should list them all for you.
OH, Thank You :daisy: I was planning to take an order Day One

I did not realize there was a poll thread, so the Day One post should explain how this hut business works? Thank You~

And Devin, from my read of Bullz so far, yeah, I have to agree. And people who want to be lynched make me very nervous, I try in general to not gratify them with a vote, but I will keep you in mind :)
As an addendum, you actually pick one by selecting a number between 1 and 5.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay... way too many posts. Thank god this period was extended. I am amazed that this game has over 1,000 posts and we're only at Night 2. I realize I was a part of this, so it's sort of ironic that now I'm feeling overwhelmed and behind.

Just a warning, I have no idea when I'll be able to pop back in and read all of this. I have a busy day today and then it's Monday tomorrow, which means it'll be back to work all day and then attempting to study when I get home for the week. I'll try to utilize lunch periods at work, so hopefully I'll be back then.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Matt »

A Person wrote:Would it be collectively advantageous if none of us sent in PMs so we all end up in one hut? That way it lowers the likelihood of any one person dying, but at the price of risking death. I'm not sure if anyone is told anything in regards to which hut Trogdor will pick, so it seems like a possibly good idea to pool together to reduce the risk for all players.
:huh:
A Person wrote:After thinking about it, I'm not sure there is much advantage in choosing anything in particular.
:ponder:

Have to work all day, be back later to expand on this if I am alive.
Image Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Spacedaisy »

One hour until Night PMs and Hut choices must be in. I have most of them but am still missing one night PM and some hut choices. I am stepping out to go buy new pants for work and will post the Nit post when I get home.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

Matt F wrote:
A Person wrote:Would it be collectively advantageous if none of us sent in PMs so we all end up in one hut? That way it lowers the likelihood of any one person dying, but at the price of risking death. I'm not sure if anyone is told anything in regards to which hut Trogdor will pick, so it seems like a possibly good idea to pool together to reduce the risk for all players.
A Person wrote:After thinking about it, I'm not sure there is much advantage in choosing anything in particular.

A Person has not studied his game theory. The incentive to cheat in the scenario he suggests would be overwhelming. Consider the individuals decision tree:

I have two options, send in a hut PM (Option A), or don't (Option B).

If I expect most other people to choose Option B, then it is in my best interest to choose Option A, since I have a 3/4 chance of not being in the hut Trogdor chooses, and even if I do pick that hut, everyone else will be in there with me.

If I expect most people to choose Option A, Option A is still my best option, since if I pick Option B I will definitely be in the hut Trogdor chooses, most likely with very few other people, so my chances of dying are high. Option A gives me AT LEAST a 3/4 chance of surviving.

No matter what the rest of the group does, then, my best strategy is to choose Option A, so sending in a hut PM is the dominant strategy.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lizzy wrote:Welcome, SVS! :dance:

Like Snowy, I too have been ill and out of town as well. I will try to focus as much as possible, but for now I feel like I've been hit by a train.
Thank You~

I fenced in college, it is hard work. I could never imagine being a pro fencer, it would conflict with my laziness, lol

OK, Day One:
Vompatti wrote:I have to say I don't quite understand or agree with any of the votes against me. :sigh:
This ^^

It is also interesting that you took NO votes Day Two :ponder: It always makes me scratch my head when people drop their suspicions. I also found the Day One results interesting in that Snows vote for Elo was #19, there were like 8 more votes after that, and only one was made for a person that could be construed as a potential save vote, Hedgies vote for you at # 25. So I am gonna guess that, with the potential exception of Hedgie, who I have mixed feelings about, Elos other teammates voted before Snow did.
Bullzeye wrote:
Dom wrote: So, you're argument that you're not bad is that your team didn't vote your option? Right. Because every team ever votes their option every time. And, as for "how it makes me look", see the reply I made to MP above.

and YAY for lynching a baddie! :)
Maybe the entire team wouldn't have voted it but are you seriously suggesting a baddie team with info would have only one of their members vote the option that benefits them and then make no attempt whatsoever to push their own option?
Didn't you play GTA? An entire baddie team (which included Bea) all voted for our option Day One, got the prize, then all went down one by one via association when one of us, *kicks dirt*, got herself lynched early. I think that scared some people off of taking that risk. I realize you are dead, but figured I'd throw that out anyhow~

eidt~ I see Timmer brought this game up as well.
Matahari wrote:
bea wrote:
Dom wrote:
bea wrote:linki - so dom - are you assuming then that one of them is likely bad because they admitted to having info? How would admitting it before anyone ever said "only a civ would admit to it" make them bad? Also why bullz over snowy if you admit that one of them is likely bad? What made you pick bullz? TBH - that smells a bit like "B is for baddie"
Are you seriously comparing me thinking that, on day one, a baddie might admit they had info on the poll to gain some civvie creed, especially when several players throw out the idea that those players are likely civv, Especially when the player in question then say, "Ah now we won't find baddies by looking at who had info, shucks!", are you really comparing that to a theory that pretty much boiled down to "B 4 Bad"? Is that really what you're doing? It's a day one vote. This is what I have to go on.

Now, I do feel that one of the two may be bad. However, better options may present themselves in the future.

Basically Bea, I think that it's weird that bullz immediately said "oh now baddies won't be coming out with info lolz".
Yes, dom. I was seriously comparing it to that because in your vote post - you basicly said - one of the two of them may be bad and voted bullz with no stated reason to why he was more suspish to you than snowy. I was boiling it down to the same theory that happened in bioshock as "b = bad" That it was something tangent people could cling to - but no proof was being offered as to why one person was more guilty than the other. It was just "one of them must be bad. Here's my vote" - do you remember Bea 1.0 died as a vanilla civ on the "b= bad theory?" Do you see how your post felt like random picking of one of the two when you made it?

Yes - it's a day 1 vote. And I would think that all of the stuff you just said - would have been in your actual vote post. You know, not when I called you out on it.

And mata too for that matter.

With the both of you - it's not that I don't understand your votes *upon explanation* - it's that you made posts and votes w/o these more thought out explanations. And I would think, that with both of you - you would very much talk about why you are voting your minor pings on day 1 without me calling you out. But yet - here you are ....defending when you voted because it was the best time for you to vote.

Neither of you were as detailed in your votes till I asked for more detail.

can't you see why I would find that ping worthy on Day 1 too?
It always seems a bit off to me when someone claims I haven't explained something, when I've actually explained it three times. My original post might have been missed by Bea because it wasn't a huge case against someone. I merely thought it odd and noteworthy that elohcin mentions a slightly weird theory about voting the sixth player in the poll, gets called out for it a little, and then mongoose says that her and elohcin were just sort of shooting the breeze- nothing serious. I wondered how mongoose knew what elohcin's motives were. It struck me as something that needed questioning.

So I assumed when Bea thought I voted elohcin because elohcin randomized, that Bea had missed my earlier post, and I responded and explained it.

Then Bea posts again and says I only explained because she called me out? Bea did you not understand that I said I posted earlier in the game, so you could go and look at the post? Did you not see where I said I randomized between my pings?

When people try to paint things in a different light than what it actually was, I always take notice. For tomorrow, I'll have my eye on Bea and mongoose, as well as mp and gleam.
I look forward to seeing the reply to this, becasue I kinda read it the same way.
Mongoose wrote:Both sets of baddies have a member with *secrets*

This is probably going out on a limb, but I wonder if those secrets involve being able to communicate with Trogdor.

Vompers & AP -- What the heck, guys?
Why would the baddies want the SK to know who they are? Or vice versa? If I were on one of the teams or Trogdor, i would be horrified by that concept, lol.
Mongoose wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Wow! :rip: Yo. I still think Bullzeye was a civ. I didn't have a read on Kate yet. But sorry to see you both go so soon!
I'm not positive, according to Strongsad's poem today.

Here it is:
All this talk
Who is who
What is what
Where are bad
I think in the target
Could Strongsad be suggesting Bullzeye is bad with his/her target rhetoric?
Strongsad does not have info, the poem is his opinion. This poem seems more about how Stongsad is annoyed by so much posting, lol. And I think he sends his message before he knows who was targeted.
Hedgeowl wrote:Interesting theories being tossed around on Strongsad's poetry. I tend to agree that maybe it meant Bullz, although as BDH mentioned why not be more direct? I am not sure Strongsad has any more info than the rest of us. Unless his role says secret. I'll have to check.

I never want to vote Mongoose and she sounds like Mongoose so far, but I doubt I'll be the one to figure it out if she is bad. I don't have any more than I did last vote.

As for the suspicions around me. I understand my vote for Vomps is suspicious based on looking like a teammate protection and the timing. I almost always wait to last minute if I can. This has helped lynch a few baddies before I've found. I don't see anyway to defend against this. Think about it, all the civs considering a vote for me. If you were in my position how would you defend against a vote that looks suspicious, but is really as innocent as most Day 1 votes? I urge any of you thinking of voting for me to reconsider. It is a vote that all civs will greatly regret.
Again, Strongsad sent in his poem before the Night post, how would he know who died?

Has anyone been totally silent? It does not say in here that the Host announces it when Coach Z arrests someone?

So far, I have just gotten to the point where Llama is taking suspicion, and tbh I am more suspicious of those casting stones than of Llama, and now it appears that those people did not even vote for him...

Coffee break, bbl :coffee2:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Great Jorb!

Strongsad's Poetry:

Today 4 U
Tomorrow 4 me
or you, preferably you.

Llama is likely bad
Dom is likely not
Time will tell for Jul'et

Today 4 U
Tomorrow 4 me
or you, preferably you.

Strongbad's Email:

In West Strongbadia, born and raised, answerin’ emails iz how I spend most of my days….

Hey Strongbad, which would you rather be, a zombie or a vampire?
- Lenny B.

Whoa! Are you parchance da lesser known cousin of de famous adult contemporary artist Kenny G mayhaps? If so, I have a few suggestions on what you two can do wit dat smooth jazz sax of his…

Anyway Lenny, one of my many purposes in life is actually to NOT become either of dose things! In fact, I’ve got a whole arsenal hidden under da couch to stop the insurmountable rising threat of da Vampombie Ragnolpysegeddon. It comes complete with a set of dose flaming nonchalk twirling batons, a garlic loaded shotgun and a suit of wooden armor. And in a pinch, da poop smith’s poop shovel has been known to be quite useful in bunny killing so we have that at our disposal as well…so long as the zombires or vampombies are not bigger than the bunny-sized variety.

But don’t think you can run over here when you and your sax playing permy-haired cousin need your asses saved! You should’ve thought of dat before taking the saxamophone lessons rather than the ass-kicking monster survivalist training!

<paper scroll>

Borokkuei was killed by Trogdor.
Timmer has been removed from the poll.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: Homestar Runner Polls

Post by Spacedaisy »

Day 2 poll

A Person
A Person (22) 5%
agleaminranks
juliets (16) 5%
BigDamnHero
No votes
birdwithteeth11
No votes
borokkuei
Leamiteo (8), timmer (15) 9%
Captain Bunny Killer
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
DFaraday (10), thellama73 (11), Vompatti (12), Mongoose (13), agleaminranks (17) 23%
DFaraday
No votes
DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes
Dom
Hedgeowl (20) 5%
Hedgeowl
No votes
Juliets
No votes
Leamiteo
No votes
Lizzy
No votes
Matahari
No votes
Matt F
No votes
Mongoose
No votes
MovingPictures07
BigDamnHero (5), Lizzy (14), Matahari (19) 14%
Reywas
No votes
Snow Dog
No votes
Thellama73
MovingPictures07 (4), Matt F (6), birdwithteeth11 (7), Devin the Omniscient (9), Snow Dog (18), Captain Bunny Killer (21) 27%
Timmer
No votes
Vompatti
No votes
Onion Bubs (Host, Non, Dead)
Spacedaisy (1), S~V~S (2), >SpaghettiEverywhere (3) 14%
Total votes : 22
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 3]

Post by thellama73 »

Now even Strongsad is against me! Uncool, Strongsad.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Bullzeye has been rezzed!

He will not be in today's poll, nor will SVS since she just joined us, we will give her this day period to get her bearings.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:
Matt F wrote:

A Person has not studied his game theory. The incentive to cheat in the scenario he suggests would be overwhelming. Consider the individuals decision tree:

If I expect most other people to choose Option B, then it is in my best interest to choose Option A, since I have a 3/4 chance of not being in the hut Trogdor chooses, and even if I do pick that hut, everyone else will be in there with me.

If I expect most people to choose Option A, Option A is still my best option, since if I pick Option B I will definitely be in the hut Trogdor chooses, most likely with very few other people, so my chances of dying are high. Option A gives me AT LEAST a 3/4 chance of surviving.

No matter what the rest of the group does, then, my best strategy is to choose Option A, so sending in a hut PM is the dominant strategy.
How can you be sure any option is the better option q.m.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

YAY! Thanks whoever had a rezz, I love you (a little)! :D Okay so I've been following along but only barely so I might need to reread the past day or so but I'm pretty much ready to slaughter some baddies. Trogdor too. You'd better believe I'm gonna kill him right in the face.

@SVS: I did not play GTA. My general tactic with baddie info though is to push it while also pushing the option I think is most likely to be civ (see Pokemon on HV) so if it flies back in my face I can claim I was only really pushing the civ option and just accidentally believed a baddie option was good. But I'm a civ and voted for a civ option so it doesn't matter anyway.

@Strong Sad: You seem to think I'm bad judging from your poem the night I was senselessly murdered by that brutish dragon. I hope you've realised the error in your judgment and if not I hope I can convince you to do so :)
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

RIPIYWG Borokkuei - I was looking forward to getting to know you in this game.

Yayay Bullzeye you're back! Great to have your insights back in the game.

I was looking through the roles and couldn't find anyone who takes names off the polls. Did I just miss it? And yes, this time I was looking at the right roles in the right game! :D
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Lizzy wrote:Welcome, SVS! :dance:

Awwwwwwwwww! Butt I'm sure you could become a very good amateur. :)
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Hedgeowl »

RIPiywg Borok!

WB Bullz! So there are rezzes in this game? I didnt miss a role did I?

SVS- i think the speculation on strongsads poetry was that he might be saying Bullz was bad, before he died. Cause you are right, he wouldnt have known Bullz was going to die. No one did. This came from him and Snow admitting they had info. Didnt a few more people admit it too after daisy explained the poll? Will have to check.

Also, feel better Snowy and Lizzy! :daisy:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote:RIPiywg Borok!

SVS- i think the speculation on strongsads poetry was that he might be saying Bullz was bad, before he died. Cause you are right, he wouldnt have known Bullz was going to die. No one did. This came from him and Snow admitting they had info. Didnt a few more people admit it too after daisy explained the poll? Will have to check.

When I died I looked to see if anyone has a rezz and didn't notice a role with one so I'm guessing it's a secret from either a role or event. I have no idea why I'm back tbh, I hope whoever rezzed me either has another for themselves or was told they could only use it on someone else.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hedgeowl wrote:RIPiywg Borok!

No mention of rezzes in the roles, but in addition to the two baddie secrets, the "Vanilla" civ role has a secret, there is a store, and there have been secret events. Any of these may account for a rezz. Or perhaps tonights Strongbad question was Bullz, and this was his prize (although he is saying he does not know how he came back, so this is less likely, imo).

Why would people potentially having info allow Strongsad to know Bullz was targeted with an NK? That is the "target" correlation, right? The fact that two people separately came up with this interpretation makes me a bit tense, tbh. Am I missing another interpretation of the word "target"?

I am glad Bullz is back; while I cannot always read him, I saw nothing to make me think he was bad, and I completely disagreed with the reasons people have put forth for thinking so. I look forward to hearing what he has to say when he catches back up.

It seems to me that a push to make someone seem bad after they die can be a way to discredit what they said when alive. It is also a way to lull people into a false sense of security, thinking there may be one less baddie.

I will finsih reading tonight, but as of right now, I see no reason to vote for llama.

I see the Teen girls did not kill last night~

@Daisy~ were there still missing PMs? Also, are fail kills written into the post?

Also, RIP iywg Borok, I have no real read on you whatsoever.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Matt F wrote:

How can you be sure any option is the better option q.m.
Because math?

I just explained why.

Welcome back Bullz!

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote: Why would people potentially having info allow Strongsad to know Bullz was targeted with an NK? That is the "target" correlation, right? The fact that two people separately came up with this interpretation makes me a bit tense, tbh. Am I missing another interpretation of the word "target"?
My name. Spell it like an adult and not the 12 year old I was when I first used this username (Gosh, I've had this name almost 10 years now!) and you get bull's eye. The thing you throw darts and shoot arrows at, though hopefully not on the same target ;) . That's why I and probably others think Strong Sad was saying I'm bad.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ohhhh....but on Night Two, he clearly said peoples names. So...?

I still think it's a stretch, but thanks, I hate it when i don't get something obvious :blush:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Okay, for the education of A Person, since my last response was sarcastic and dismissive (sorry.)

There are huts 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. I don't know which hut Trogdor will choose. Suppose I expect everyone to adopt your plan, which means they will all be sorted into the hut Trogdor ends up choosing. For the sake of argument, let's say he chooses Hut 1. Now, everyone is in Hut 1, which is going to be incinerated. If I choose a hut at random, I have a 4/5 chance of guaranteed survival. Even if I pick Hut 1, I have a 1 in however many players(P) chance of death. My chance of survival is 4/5+(1 - 1/P). If, instead, I do as the rest of the group does and not send in a PM, I automatically have a 1 in P chance of death, without the additional benefit of the possibility being in a different hut. My chance of survival is (1 - 1/P). Sending in a PM is obviously the better option here.

Next, if I assume everyone sends in their PMs and that the sorting is more or less random, there will be P/5 players in each hut. If I send in a PM picking a hut at random, I again have a 4/5 change that Trogdor will pick a different hut and I will indeed survive. If I pick the same hut as Trogdor, I have a 5/P chance of death. My odds of survival are therefore 4/5 + (1 - 5/P). If I don't send in a PM, I am guaranteed to be in Trogdor's hut, making my odds of survival 1 - 5/P. Sending in the PM is my better option.

So, no matter what the other players do, sending in a PM increases my chances for survival.

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I'm not a mathematician, but what llama said does seem very logical indeed. Is there no emoticon that applauds?

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Either way, I missed the deadline and didn't send in a PM and am still alive.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:I'm not a mathematician, but what llama said does seem very logical indeed. Is there no emoticon that applauds?
ture, i had already corrected myself last night. You could use PA's k
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'm not a mathematician, but what llama said does seem very logical indeed. Is there no emoticon that applauds?
ture butt it might result in other players searching for that particular emoticon and feeling frustrated not finding it.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
ture butt it might result in other players searching for that particular emoticon and feeling frustrated not finding it.
tue, I for one would be all for importing all of PA's smileys.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
I wonder if they're copyritghted

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
i dujno k
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:ture, i had already corrected myself last night. You could use PA's k
i dujno k
mwe nentnehr k

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I've thought about the hut problem some more. The best strategy is not merely to send in a PM. The best strategy is to convince everyone else not to send in a PM, and then send in one yourself. This drastically increases the chance of survival.

For this reason, I may consider a vote for A Person today.

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:I've thought about the hut problem some more. The best strategy is not merely to send in a PM. The best strategy is to convince everyone else not to send in a PM, and then send in one yourself. This drastically increases the chance of survival.

That would be a good idea, but since it's done in secret I'd have no way of knowing if people actually do it.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I've thought about the hut problem some more. The best strategy is not merely to send in a PM. The best strategy is to convince everyone else not to send in a PM, and then send in one yourself. This drastically increases the chance of survival.

That would be a good idea, but since it's done in secret I'd have no way of knowing if people actually do it.
It doesn't matter. Every person who doesn't send in a PM increases the survival chances of those who do. So even if only a few people followed your advice, it would still benefit you.

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

An A Person vote might not be the worst of ideas, but I'm still strongly leaning towards Devin for reasons that became apparent during last lynch.

Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by timmer »

I'm atill on spotty wifi so can't look back but did a person realky suggest not sending in a hut? that's an odd suggestion.
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Jobs”