7%

Total votes: 15
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 2 - Of Jugulars and Carnage

Post by Sloonei »

Silver Lantern wrote:What is your read on JJJ Sloonei?
Overlooked this question.

I feel good about him so far and had a town read before I even entered the game. Everything seems like standard JJJ and I don't see him doing anything that doesn't make sense for him to do. The one caveat that I have to give when reading him now is that it's been about 2 years since I saw a bad Jay, so I don't have a reliable scum meta for him. But this still all looks normal for him.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Do we have any votes yet today?
I don't believe so. Go crazy.
vote Golden
:omg: :omg: :omg:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

Yeeesh...about 2 pages in I found my mind and then lost it.

Also I'd like to point out that I didn't blow up because I was pressured I blew up because of a misunderstanding about something I felt strayed personal. At the time I wasn't overly pressured I was just challenging someone about the pressure.

I'm sorry if I'm not multi-quoting, but I don't have the patience Silver has atm.

2. The likely hood of a vig having a janitored kill seems slim, so do you guys have Neutral killers? Seems likely that was who killed Wilgy...though it doesn't read right as a vig kill because Wilgy was pinging a lot of people, so perhaps some misdirection shenanigans. I guess it could be the mafia kill and the Nacho kill could be some sort of Vig hit...but I don't know why the vig would choose Nacho.

3. As to the 11th vote, I was also on and decided not to vote. Sig still hadn't responded and there was a chance for a 11th hour save and closing the phase early didn't seem right. It would have taken a lot of effort to get 6 votes off of him, but amusingly because of his role, he could have taken someone with him. I know this question was asked of Silver, but i thought I would preemptively answer it in case this will become a common line of questioning.

4. If I missed this JJJ, but Golden made a comment about this being Nacho's 3rd game here, 2nd as town, does this change your view on the players you listed, in regards to specifically to Nacho's death? I have a hard time seeing that in a game this large that there wouldn't at least be one Syndicate "familiar" on the mafia.

5. Yes, this is SOP for Silver...though I will admit this "feud" seems less useful and more circular then his Soneji one. I won't say it's not "Showing" or theatrical but I also don't view it as a scumtell.

I may have more, trying to remember 4 pages right now after just getting into mafia mode is a task.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Elohcin, you said you were following the pack. I am pretty sure I have seen you do this exact thing before in a game where you didn't keep up, though I can't remember which one or what your alignment was. I'll try to find it.
I looked into this. For reference, I am referring to her last post in this game:
Elohcin wrote:I'm going to vote before I forget. I'm trusting the people...Dyslexicon.
I thought the parallel was more recent, but I traced it back to Turf Wars from April 2016.

Turf Wars Elohcin

She was mafia in that game. The important contextual qualifier is that she subbed in quite late and showed no intention of catching up. Nonetheless the parallel is close and that's not ideal.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

I'm sorry.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm cutting out a few posts that are long/too long for their sentiment. I do mention them. This is big enough already. Would appreciate thoughts: I am prone to tunnel when I do this. Looking at Marmot next, probably will not do this again.
Scotty wrote:I'm here, and ready to party.
Also voting for JJJ to receive the Map. He hasn't been bad in forever so what are the odds he's bad now? :grin:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:North-east because I like a little of

everything. :smile:
Lynch: Scotty
His support of me in the map business looked fake. Also I appreciate those who entrusted the map to me, I will do my best to live up the appropriate standard.
I'm sorry it looked fake.
It's because it was.
I voted for INH to receive the map :meany:
Then a filler post.
Pretty much just RVS stuff. Maybe something of note when either JJJ or Scotty flip. Mostly inconsequential.
Scotty wrote:Lynch: Soneji
He hasn't checked in yet. He's probably out to get us.
Oh, I have an interesting role with a power that is only as useful as I keep talking. I'm questioning whether or not I'll ever use it, since my Chatty Cathy days might be numbered soon
"Magic bagging", or hinting at a role. Not a fan of the Soneji lynch, as I like Soneji. Still early in the game, so that'll pass, but I also don't like the role stuff and the defeatest attitude, even in

joking. It's too much trying to ward off any lynch votes before they happen, without being overt.

News flash: Lots of people have power roles.
Scotty wrote:Good catch!
Now watch that just be an arbitrary number and there's actually 4. :meany:
Lynch: Dyslexicon
Jump on the biggest lynch train up to this point, while joking about it being false to keep an out handy. Sirengif or whatever goes here. Do not like.
Scotty wrote:I see I missed a lot in being gone from the thread. I'm real busy y'all, Donny participation is highly dragging on all fronts going forward.
I'm caught up, and realize that this is why I prefer to vote no-shows on day 1. I'm not sure who's bad. I thought Nutella was playing the fences early on with her first few posts, but I like her recent

posts. The golden thing seems like a pretty good place to continue down I guess.
Not liking Wilgy's entrance. Any time he plays the WIFOM card my eyebrow twitches. Both he and MM.
I see the slip as what it was: a slip. Going to continue to defend me voting Dys. Could be difference in culture, but I don't like the bait tactics and choose to believe it were really that easy to bait a

response out of someone with an "obvious" fakeslip, it's just as easy to scumslip.
Scotty wrote:What I'm not used to is this type of soft lynch style. Makes me nervous either we won't get there, or there'll be a runoff/CFD last second.
In any case, I'm quite lacking on a place to start this game except what's given to me. I've also never had a role like this one and I'm literally doing the opposite of what I should be doing to make my role

fully effective.
-
I can't open the [Dizzy proof] link right now.
More talk about his role that can't matter to us because we can't and shouldn't probably know about it. Keeps on the Dizzy thing, but gets out next post.
Okay reads, but pretty non-committal. This is gonna be a theme.
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Here's a more direct link for everyone else
A screencap:
And for a little extra fun, a few posts later:
Thoughts immediately, Scotty.
Yeah that looks identical to this one.
:ponder:
Unvote Dyslexicon
There's that jump off. Not a "good catch" anymore, huh?
(Technically, I can't dislike this as much as the way he voted. Proof was presented, and Scotty left. Whatever.)
Scotty wrote:I'm voting Wilgy. Don't know who hasn't checked in yet, if anyone. Nor can I currently find the vote totals.
Vote Wilgy
The beginning of some Wilgy stuff. A pity we don't know Wilgy's alignment. He explains later, so I'll assume that voting like this was for the peaking of interest. Null post.
Scotty wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:Response to Dyslexicon:
1. I flagged you but didn't vote for the same reason Jay did: to wait for your response. I did mention this, but kind of in the second degree because I was advising someone not to pile votes on you until you

responded.
2. Unless the marmot has actual reason to suspect me, I wouldn't read into his vote for me too deeply. He and I have history: in the Talking Heads game I tunneled him hard out of desperation and game-

fatigue. He owes me many, many lynch votes. That is, unless he has actual reasons to vote for me pertaining to this game.
3. Mentioning my paranoia was a fluff post, and not at all sincere. I haven't played Mafia in...like, a year? More? That was just me saying it was good to be back.
4. Brusquely saying, 'No,' to my posts without explanation felt almost like you were trying to alienate me or something, because I've played only one game here before. I was taking it personally, I'm

disregarding it now, never mind.
5. Most importantly: your response to the 'slip'. Your initial responses read as aloof, as if to laughingly blame us for misreading an obvious and dumb mistake. You insisted that you weren't dumb enough to

make such a mistake--something backed up by Jay, who said that not even most beginners would slip such information.
But as Jay also said, even vets mistakes. Egregious ones. I've done it. Jay's done it. Most vets I've played with have done it. I think that the true mistake is not so much in your original slip but the

manner in which you responded to it. First aloofness, and then explaining yourself.
Also, citing other games and saying, 'But look at my meta! See? I've done this before!' is a classic scum move.
Vote Dyslexicon
Did you read the link Dys posted where he made this exact "slip" not 2 weeks ago?
A very safe, but helpful, correction. Doesn't really narrow the field for mafia or require opinion/commitment. (I'm not complaining about what he does here, just pointing out that it doesn't break theme.)
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think the value of changeable votes is in late-phase maneuvering, not in pressure. Townies lose a lot of their ability to cooperate if they're stuck with just one

vote all day. That's just Mafia theory though, don't mind me. :grin:
You should vote Wilgy with me
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think the value of changeable votes is in late-phase maneuvering, not in pressure.

Townies lose a lot of their ability to cooperate if they're stuck with just one vote all day. That's just Mafia theory though, don't mind me. :grin:
You should vote Wilgy with me
Okay.
Unvote
Vote DrWilgy

Now tell me why we're doing this.
Tell me that any of Wilgy's 6 posts have a desire to do anything to sell Wilgy as civ?
Anytime he invites WIFOM in early, and not talk about anything else in particular, I'm very wary.
Mafia theory stuff. Not UN-helpful, but same as previous post. Not towny either.
Reason for Wilgy vote: Not horrible. Somewhere between "Wilgy doesn't care to help town" and "Wilgy is an easy target". Not going to read too much into it either way.

Next post is a post pointing out that someone left Scotty out of a rainbow. Not lay-low activity, but not scum-hunting either. Light town post?
Scotty wrote:anyway, is 5 an appropriate number anyway for 21 people in a cluster fuck game?
Does it matter at this point in the game?
Scotty wrote:I'm on page 15 but checking in to say I won't be around today per request of the girl. So if something was said of me after page 15, my apologies!
Fair excuse. Also, Scotty is in more than one game. Low content may be a part of that.
Scotty wrote:I've been gone a while and see that we're down 2 civs and a ???. Hopefully that was a vigikill and a bullseye. I think wilgy was bad.
But then I haven't really read the last 8 or so pages I don't think.
Why was sig lynched again?
Oh, and I have info but I'm not sure how to use it.
More possible role hinting, then obviously throwing cluelessness out there. Egh.
Scotty wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Or it might be his role to hide it. I'm saying that -------- is not his role/alignment. :P
That would make sense if this was a vig. Wilgy does not seem like a good mafia kill target.
Oh well yea that would be a lousy role.
Gotta really :shifty:
Read between the lines
:grin:
Sloonei wrote:Replacement kill: Sorsha
Wuttup?
I am at work right now. I'll vomit some posts into the thread when I'm home. Someone tell me about important events please.
Hi Sloonei! I about as lost as you
Meh. Waiting for the vomit.
Scotty wrote:Am I to believe that we're now in a new part of the grid, and this night poll means we're moving again in those same directions?
Fair question, I guess. I probably need to read the flavor and the OP.

Another filler post, then this:
Scotty wrote:I have a feeling Silver is doing a lot of showing and could be putting on a show. I don't read him/her as town right now.
I wanted to suspect Golden or JJJ or something for talking a bunch, since it's always a nightmare of mine in trying to ISO them. I ain't nailing them on anything since I'm rather indisposed in Canada right

now with limited wifi, but I feel as though some of the big talkers are circumventing. If my dad talked all the time about his beliefs when I was a child, I'd probably be in Juvie by 13 for doing something

dangerous. I wouldn't know better.
Don't worry, my parents got divorced early on so I rarely see him now.
But hey, ya know? I think the most suspicious person here is Elo. reasons easily assumable.
Lynch: Elohcin
Last post, so I'll break it apart:

"I have a feeling Silver is doing a lot of showing and could be putting on a show. I don't read him/her as town right now." "feeling, 'showing', could, not town..." Lots of vague shade throwing words with

weak commits. Do you read them as mafia? Why are they 'showing?' Could they be showing or are they?

"I wanted to suspect Golden or JJJ or something for talking a bunch" I guess this is similar to what I said a few minutes ago. It's okay. Rest of the paragraph made me feel sad, but that's unfortunately

neither here nor there in this look.

What reasons are we to assume for the Elo lynch? Please tell us?
Or is it for the same reason we lynched sig? That didn't turn out great.

Not gonna vote until I look at the other people I wanted to look at, but I'd appreciate:
Stronger reads
Content that isn't black/white (stuff not about directions/number of mafia)
Commitment
Less role-hinting and excuses about being lost. Even if you just want to read the last page out of context and give meaningful thoughts. That would be helpful.

That kind of stuff.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Do we have any votes yet today?
I don't believe so. Go crazy.
vote Golden
:omg: :omg: :omg:
I think Jack voted Elochin, but yeah not a lot of votes yet this phase.

Oh one more thing, I wanted to address SIlver's ISO....I do agree that INH's vot on Dys was very odd to me at the time, but it was late in the phase and I was tired for the day so, I kind of let it be at that point, but I did make a little comment about it. That coupled with him jumping on the Golden's map flip flop, which I think is currently the strongest case for Golden's Townishnesh, was weak.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fredwood wrote:2. The likely hood of a vig having a janitored kill seems slim, so do you guys have Neutral killers? Seems likely that was who killed Wilgy...though it doesn't read right as a vig kill because Wilgy was pinging a lot of people, so perhaps some misdirection shenanigans. I guess it could be the mafia kill and the Nacho kill could be some sort of Vig hit...but I don't know why the vig would choose Nacho.
I think an independent role is the most likely cause of Wilgy's disappearance. There's not much way to discern that right now though that I can see other than to speculate. I'm not sure what pro-civilian utility there'd be to kidnapping a player, so I lean toward it being some another origin -- and the Nacho kill looks more standard for a mafia team.
Fredwood wrote:4. If I missed this JJJ, but Golden made a comment about this being Nacho's 3rd game here, 2nd as town, does this change your view on the players you listed, in regards to specifically to Nacho's death? I have a hard time seeing that in a game this large that there wouldn't at least be one Syndicate "familiar" on the mafia.
Yes, that breaks down the idea that Nacho would have been killed on Night 1 of his first civilian game here, which changes the dynamic of what I was thinking about. To clarify my prior view though: I didn't suggest there'd be no Syndicate regulars on the team, but that it'd be a good look for those Syndicate regulars who played with him last time and are likely to be vocal contributors behind the scenes. That matters a lot less now though that I am aware Nacho played in Monkey Island.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Fredwood wrote:2. The likely hood of a vig having a janitored kill seems slim, so do you guys have Neutral killers? Seems likely that was who killed Wilgy...though it doesn't read right as a vig kill because Wilgy was pinging a lot of people, so perhaps some misdirection shenanigans. I guess it could be the mafia kill and the Nacho kill could be some sort of Vig hit...but I don't know why the vig would choose Nacho.
I think an independent role is the most likely cause of Wilgy's disappearance. There's not much way to discern that right now though that I can see other than to speculate. I'm not sure what pro-civilian utility there'd be to kidnapping a player, so I lean toward it being some another origin -- and the Nacho kill looks more standard for a mafia team.
Fredwood wrote:4. If I missed this JJJ, but Golden made a comment about this being Nacho's 3rd game here, 2nd as town, does this change your view on the players you listed, in regards to specifically to Nacho's death? I have a hard time seeing that in a game this large that there wouldn't at least be one Syndicate "familiar" on the mafia.
Yes, that breaks down the idea that Nacho would have been killed on Night 1 of his first civilian game here, which changes the dynamic of what I was thinking about. To clarify my prior view though: I didn't suggest there'd be no Syndicate regulars on the team, but that it'd be a good look for those Syndicate regulars who played with him last time and are likely to be vocal contributors behind the scenes. That matters a lot less now though that I am aware Nacho played in Monkey Island.
OK cool, thanks for the clarification.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I could lynch Scotty.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I owe Scotty an ISO. He's a very popular target for suspicion all the time on the Syndicate, and he's also a player I feel like I have consistent success reading relative to others. I'll do that at some point today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

A note: When I've caught Scotty as scum before, it's been for contradictions and inconsistencies in his behavior. I don't typically view him doing weird things with his vote and playing loose as bad things. That is just Scotty being Scotty.

I don't know what the case against him is in this game right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Sloonei wrote:I owe Scotty an ISO. He's a very popular target for suspicion all the time on the Syndicate, and he's also a player I feel like I have consistent success reading relative to others. I'll do that at some point today.

I don't think it would be a particularly lengthy ISO.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:I don't know what the case against him is in this game right now.
speedchuck just posted a large one.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Question for the HCR folks:

What are your reads on each other?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Look at me being a post count snob.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Look at me being a post count snob.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:JOH:

I don't interpret Nacho's reception of my POE reads to be a joke at all. Indeed he is accustomed to playing in an environment where that kind of methodology is very typical. I think he and I were on a similar wavelength in that regard. I didn't only want to present his suspects, I wanted to present a larger framework for his theory of the game. I think that's more likely to have driven his being killed.

Where you're correct is that Nacho did not state a confident scum read on you; I don't believe he stated one at all. It was his mindset of POE that I was working with, not his specific declared suspects. You were highlighted because of the overlap with my assessment of the sig votes. Based upon those two angles combined I see reason to suspect you, and I grant still that it's speculative work. I intend to do more.

Golden:

I didn't realize Nacho played in Monkey Island, so that's an important detail that changes a lot of what I had been thinking. However, this might help you to understand where my mind was at: do you believe I intentionally omitted that? I certainly didn't. And regarding the notion of a contradiction in my assessment of kill meta: I said it depends on the person; it also depends on the circumstance. What I was describing was a circumstance that'd be likely to influence the mindset of a vocal Syndicate regular on the mafia team.

One more point that I think you'll be more likely to resonate with than most: I would never kill Nacho on Night 1 in this game. I was really looking forward to playing with him, because in our only other game together (the MU hydra game) our GJJ hydra was vig-shot on N1. That's why I groaned to see him get offed so early in this one. He plays a lot like I do and I wanted to see more this time.
I agree you didn't omit intentionally, and I also agree this pushes your needle back towards town for me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden I want to know all about the reads you have in this game right now please.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote:I owe Scotty an ISO. He's a very popular target for suspicion all the time on the Syndicate, and he's also a player I feel like I have consistent success reading relative to others. I'll do that at some point today.
I did quote 97% of his non-fluff posts in mine. Would be interested in seeing a meta-read on what I came up with. Feel free to use my post for convenience.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Question for the HCR folks:

If someone were writing a book about how Silver plays as town, they would use this game as the primary case study. However, Silver is astute enough to know what his "meta" and could be playing it up. However I don't see how that really would benefit him here as there's only 2 people that have played him regularly.

Jack, not really sure what to make of him, he's kind of all over the spectrum for me. This might be some of the bias from experience with him as he and Rokk are probably the two best players we have on the realms, so I tend to be wary of them. Some of it maybe early game with a large post count where he's not dominating the conversation and none of his arguments and reads have hit me as "Oh, that makes sense let me look into that". It may be just the volume of this game, but I just don't feel threatened by him, which in turn makes me feel threatened by him.
TL;DR - I'm never going to have a solid read on Jack.

As for Fred, Fuck that guy.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote:An idea, or a question, really:
JOH, JJJ, Strawhenge, and Golden: Who is most likely to be scum out of the other three in this group?
You're the ones that have been debating/disputing a bit, so your opinions probably matter to me.
Jay most, straw second most. I get good vibes from jack.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:I get good vibes from jack.
I'd like to hear more about that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote:
I did quote 97% of his non-fluff posts in mine. Would be interested in seeing a meta-read on what I came up with. Feel free to use my post for convenience.
Yeah, your post was what inspired me to say it. I did look over it and I don't feel like I want to lynch Scotty immediately, but I'm also missing a bit of context still, and I've been doing mafia stuff since I woke up this morning and need to take a break.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fredwood wrote:Jack, not really sure what to make of him, he's kind of all over the spectrum for me. This might be some of the bias from experience with him as he and Rokk are probably the two best players we have on the realms, so I tend to be wary of them. Some of it maybe early game with a large post count where he's not dominating the conversation and none of his arguments and reads have hit me as "Oh, that makes sense let me look into that". It may be just the volume of this game, but I just don't feel threatened by him, which in turn makes me feel threatened by him.
The highlighted portion largely reflects my perspective. I need to determine via ISO whether that's an unfair standard to set or if a closer look might yield a different view.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

speedchuck wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
speedchuck wrote:There's probably at least one scum between JOH, JJJ, Strawhenge, and Golden, but I'm gonna wait until I have a little more info to try to ferret that out. The amount of anti-alignment in these is palpable, in my eyes. I will also be looking at this later in the day.
Is there a particular reason you place these names together in this group?
1. It is my experience that, in most mafia games (esp. when town is struggling to get strong scumreads), at least one Mafioso will be very engaged. Others try to stay out of his way a bit more, or directly engage him. Either way, these selected are active players, strawhenge on the slightly lesser side because of his disappearance and sudden reversal on the fakeslip.
2. I have seen a lot of argument between JOH/JJJ, JJJ/Strawhenge, Golden/JJJ, and some other pairs. Basically, these all look to be engaged players, and none of them look particularly aligned.
3. The arguments that I've seen look very anti-aligned, but they still weasel out into being differences in gameplay style, and apologies go around. The defensive twists that turn everything on end like that worry me. It would surprise me to have THAT MUCH of this type of conflict among town. More of a correlation thing for me then causation, but enough for me to want to look at it today.
4. (Biggest reason) Gut. I do have decent townreads on these four. That probably needs to change, for me at least. That's how I feel. I'm going to try to find out what my gut is telling me before calling for lynch wagons or anything.

An idea, or a question, really:
JOH, JJJ, Strawhenge, and Golden: Who is most likely to be scum out of the other three in this group?
You're the ones that have been debating/disputing a bit, so your opinions probably matter to me.
If I made a rainbow list of just these three it would look
Golden
Straw
JJJ

Golden generally reads exactly as he did when we played together and he was town. He's a smart chap wth a lot of content. Maybe I missed something. Maybe he fooled me. Generally, I like him, though, and feel he is likely town.

Straw, I had as low on my rainbow yesterday because I didn't like the way he reacted to Dizzy. Felt like distancing from his partner cause Dizzy wasn't gonna swing and Straw doubled down on the real slip multiple times. I now think Dizzy is town due to his mid/late day performance so a lot of negative Straw vibe goes out the window. He was attacking someone at the end of yesterday and I was nodding along. LC?

JJJ is generating content, which is good. I didn't like his defense of Dizzy yesterday (or yours). Felt like he was presented with a WIFOM type scenario (fake slip vs fake fake slip) and he argued heavily in favor of fake slip for reasons I disagree with. Felt like buddying Dizzy or throwing shade at others. (I think yours is worse cause you kept additionally backpedalling from saying Dizzy was town. Like you wanted to throw shade and still keep your options open). I really dislike his convoluted and inaccurate Nacho theory to argue I am scum. Feels weak at best. Dishonest, more likely.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:Golden I want to know all about the reads you have in this game right now please.
I'll do a full reads list when I get to work.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Image
Based on her one post, Eloh is probably mafia.
JOH, did you receive a night PM of some sort that led you to this post? Answer however the rules allow. I ask because of Epi's avatar.
This was a joke post.

Cause people expect Epi to be able to read Eloh.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Silver Lantern »

I feel Fred is town.

I am purposely abstaining from analyzing JoH atm, because him and I tend to feud a lot. And I don't want preconceived meta to affect the game, because I always think he's evil or highly suspect, at best. I find it very interesting that you find him suspicious though. I need to go back and analyze those posts at some point.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Fredwood wrote:Look at me being a post count snob.
Once more with feeling!
Insert Siren Gif. :grin:
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:I get good vibes from jack.
I'd like to hear more about that.
He reads the same as the guy I came to trust in unfortunate events. His interactions with me have felt like a genuine attempt to figure me out.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:JJJ is generating content, which is good. I didn't like his defense of Dizzy yesterday (or yours). Felt like he was presented with a WIFOM type scenario (fake slip vs fake fake slip) and he argued heavily in favor of fake slip for reasons I disagree with.
To be quite frank:

I think the notion of a "fake fake slip" in the context of Dizzy's action in this game is a hot mess. I don't believe that because I think it's silly.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Once more with feeling!
Insert Siren Gif. :grin:

I almost double posted with the 3 previous posts, I'm not very careful, so 1 out of 4 posts is actually a pretty good ratio I think.

Not sure if it's just the way the forum does the linki stuff, but sometimes when I post it appears as if I was interrupted for linki reasons.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:(I think yours is worse cause you kept additionally backpedalling from saying Dizzy was town. Like you wanted to throw shade and still keep your options open.)
I can address that, I guess. Might be helpful. Or you might think I'm being too defensive.

There were a lot of people that hated or were okay with Dizzy at the time. The point I kept trying to make is that it didn't matter. Thinking the slip was real: that was a logic flaw, not a read flaw. I kept trying to separate the two.
But I got way too into that, clearly.

Anyway, thanks for the reads. I'm going over Marmot right now.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Fredwood wrote:

Jack, not really sure what to make of him, he's kind of all over the spectrum for me. This might be some of the bias from experience with him as he and Rokk are probably the two best players we have on the realms, so I tend to be wary of them. Some of it maybe early game with a large post count where he's not dominating the conversation and none of his arguments and reads have hit me as "Oh, that makes sense let me look into that". It may be just the volume of this game, but I just don't feel threatened by him, which in turn makes me feel threatened by him.
TL;DR - I'm never going to have a solid read on Jack.
I totally understand where you're coming from with "Jack seems just sort of middle of the road as a bit of a red flag". He's usually as aggressive as I am as town, and he doesn't seem so aggressive here.

He, Cbob, & I are probably the most aggressive players on our home site. Speaking of which, someone get Cbob over here.
Fredwood wrote:As for Fred, Fuck that guy.
QFT! :fishslap:
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Also, Silver, if we go South west, won't we return to the starting area? I guess that's more a question for Spirit if the starting area is still travelable.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey JOH, please tell me about your perspective of Quin.
Town. I like his observations. I like his reactions.

My one hesitation is he's much calmer and less tunnely than last game. This is better town play, it just doesn't 100% match his last pro town performance.

Still put him near the top of my rainbow list.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 78#p335178

This post is interesting because it contradicts itself? It, at the beginning of the post, says that logic points to Dizzy doing an on-purpose fakeslip.
Then says later in the thread that it is an accident.
Then I think they ended the day on Dizzy, despite saying they felt good about Diz in the same post.

Maybe Marmot just didn't want to be on SIG?

I don't know. Most of what bothers me about marmot's posts probably have to do with their playstyle/his low activity thanks to other games. Nothing particularly useful, I think. Would lynch scotty over marmot. Unless contradicting themselves in order to seem agreeable and unsure is a Meta-Marmot-Metal-Marsh-Mafia-Move.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think Dyslexicon's fake slip was genuine (as in, I think he deliberately "fake slipped"). But I do not think it's impossible for a scum player to do this. I am currently leaning town on him, but that's without doing all my homework.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Fredwood wrote:Also, Silver, if we go South west, won't we return to the starting area? I guess that's more a question for Spirit if the starting area is still travelable.
Hmm... That is a good point. I have a reason I voted to go SW, but it's purely speculative in nature.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm going to VOTE SCOTTY until I find a good reason not to do so.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Sloonei wrote:I think Dyslexicon's fake slip was genuine (as in, I think he deliberately "fake slipped"). But I do not think it's impossible for a scum player to do this. I am currently leaning town on him, but that's without doing all my homework.
This is what I felt yesterday too. That it's a great alibi wherein a saavy scummer could use it to seem to be town in retrospect. However, his responses to pressure were pretty on point for a town read IMO. Of course from what I understand no here has played with him before, so he may just be really good at seeming town even when he's not.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

speedchuck wrote:I'm going to VOTE SCOTTY until I find a good reason not to do so.
I can support this vote. I found the ISO on him to be pretty solidly not in his favor.

Plus, I may have another reason to vote for him that I do not want to reveal atm.

Or I may not... :ninja:

Vote: Scotty.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Dyslexicon »

So much to catch up on. o.o
I'm overwhelmed and need a nap. But will come back after that and brain fart some.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm sitting here staring at JOH's ISO and am genuinely struggling to find things to say, good or bad. I'll just make a few notes/assertions that you can respond to as you please, Jack:

~ Early in Day 1 when you spoke of the other HCR players, you seemed to waffle around a bit, granting some town validity in their play without stating such a read clearly. There were often caveats.

~ In your treatment of Dizzy's controversy, you focused on possible mafia motives quite a lot without seeming to consider likelihood. While you were critical of Dizzy, you seemed intent to promote only the bad image for what he did -- an image that I think is psychologically improbable. You eventually changed your perspective, but only once it had become trendy.

~ Your read of me on Day 1 followed a similar-but-opposite pattern. You gave me strong town credibility early (something that reminded me of your attempt to buddy me in the Christmas game on HCR), and then once "I've lost confidence in JJJ" became a trendy read you joined in on that.

~ One thing I did like was what I believe was your last rainbow, where you granted that your orange-colored suspects may not all work together but still viewed them as ideal targets for Day 1. I know I have approached a suspect list that way before and taken some ill-advised flak for it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Dry Flood »

I'm out for a while.
Golden
Marmot
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My other account is going to be better than last place in post count.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My other account is going to be better than last place in post count.
Don't get cocky kid!

I will try to analyze the Sig votes tonight, cause the discussion re: it has been pretty lackluster so far, aside from 3Js reads and reactions to same.

BTW, anyone else see this as :smoky: the poop emoji but on someone's head?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

I don't have time until this evening to catch up, but just wanted to check in and:

1. Let everyone know I'm still active in the game.
2. Say the GFDI about sig that I customarily would've said after the reveal in an open night scenario.
3. Say the GFDI about Nacho and (maybe?) Wilgy (if he wasn't scum?).
4. Say what up to Sloondawg Killionaire; it has been too dang long, my dude.
5. Jokingly drop a sirengif on the Marmot for saying the '5 scum' thing.

Ahem.
Literally just some fucking guy.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

GFDI?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”