Total votes: 15
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 2 - Of Jugulars and Carnage

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Jay said this, but remembered about Monkey Island later. I'll put the tinfoil away for once and say that I don't believe he was lying about misremembering. With that in mind, I don't think 3J would support a kill on who he considered a visitor. It's a nice look.
Agreed.

I want to be devil's advocate and say he's making up a reason he wouldn't kill Nacho when he'd really have no problem doing it but...I believe he wanted to play with Nacho, perhaps more than I believe he misremembered the game.

I guess I need to look at the flavor again. I wasn't pinpointing Nacho as for sure mafia killed, though from a threat perspective, he'd be a better target than Wigly, who was a lynch candidate and was not scumhunting.

Still not really certain of the Syndicate kill meta (though I get that it differs from player to player). Could anyone walk me through kill target discussions/ choices in recent mafia games? Why did you kill who you did, especially on Day 1-3?
Nightkill analysis isn't a common strategy here. But that's mainly because nightkilled targets are janitored.

Is it a thing where you come from?[/quote]
Not as much as it should be. There is an HCRealms nk meta.

I'm just perplexed enough by kill targets, I want to know why they are different here. Maybe I get something useful. Maybe I get a scum theory that gives me a read on someone. Maybe it's really a bunch of useless conjecture.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Add jackofhearts to the list of suspicions.

I don't like this post. I don't see how he can conclude that I "benefited" from suspecting Dizzy. He also has Elohcin's meta wrong (which I described above). I get that he hasn't played here long, but I can only recall one game recently from Elohcin, and it's the same one I described in a previous post, it was one of the most active games I've ever seen from her.

Additionally, there's the nightkill analysis. But that is very minor ping, dependent on his answer to my question.
You mean that game where Epi tried to lynch her day 1 because she didn't want to play and talked about how she might not have an info or BTCC role cause she wasn't invested at all? Yeah, her day 1 here and there look pretty similar.

Re:question

How did you benefit? Meant you looked better in my eyes. Or are you looking for how it did that?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Oh poo. I'm mafiaing alone.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote:I believe I was asked to ISO INH, Scotty, and Mr Marmot. Apologies if I missed any other requests, but these three tasks should keep me well occupied and help me get caught up to speed.

I'll probably end up lagging behind the actual lynch today but I'll do my best to place an informed vote. Tomorrow is a totally free day for me.
YOU'LL NEVER CATCH UP WITH ME!

I like quin better today than yesterday, Golden. Even though I disagree on everything with them.

Scotty, I'll get to what you said in a couple hours.

Not hating the INH train.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Guys, I'm not going to have any time to mafia until Monday, and this makes me sad.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Silver Lantern »

Okay I've sat on this long enough that we've seen people comment on Wigly and others avoid doing so, despite my request.

I killed Wigly, and unfortunately he was town. Sorry Wigly, but there was really nothing constructive at all from you on D1 when I ISOed you and i figured after Sig turned up town that taking out another suspicious D1 player would give us the most info on the reads of others towards you D1 as I was really hoping I was right about you being scum.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 1 - And Into the Fire

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote:
Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Is magic bagging common here? (being like "Have info" or "have power role" and stuff)
I would say no, mostly that would be against the rules, since most of the games here have historically been 'no infodropping, no roleclaiming' games.
Really? I've never seen the like of that.
I mean, massclaims are always forbidden, yes. But I'm honestly quite surprised by this rule.

In witchhunt-like setups, claiming has always been discouraged by people that can chain kills if they match you to your role.
In closed setups like this, giving away who you are is dangerous because nobody has to believe you.

Anyway, weird. I'll have to reread the mafia rules should I stick around for more games after this.
I, for one, am happy to see games now here that have roleclaiming and such as a legal thing. You are finding us, in my opinion, at a time where things are changing. I am hosting a series of games... the first two are done, and I'm thinking the third one will take some elements I'm enjoying from here - no janitored nightkills, roleclaiming allowed, etc. If you stick around, you could help us transition.

Maybe you could even try a no-claiming game in turn... different challenges for that, and very fun as well.

Golden wrote:Lc I see you lurking and posting in the thread. Get in here birthday boy. I want your reads.

I may be slightly drunk. I nearly called juliets a guy in the other thread.
I had gone to bed by the time you posted this... I did post in the Champs game thread last night - it's a lot less catching up there, so I got to the point where I was up to date and ready to post sooner. The posts in this thread are much more prolific, and I'm still trying to get a foothold in this game. I'm still behind, but I'm not absent - I will try to post thoughts as I see thoughts to post.

I see INH is taking some heat, but I need to reread a little bit to get it. Catching up last night while drinking leaves some gaps in the memory. I do recall that the 'rigidity' was INH's and not mine, so that was something. I would still vote him over most other lynch candidates, if the other votes are there to make it matter.

JJJ is actually one of my more scumreads now as well. Though I agreed with the sentiment about not killing new players on Night 1, it felt like across-the-board buddying to me. If he's bad, then he would know who Civs likely are... well, scratch that, he would know who is NOT on his baddie team at least, and I wouldn't put it past him to make a list of names like that so that everyone on it nods and approves how right he is.

The Golden quote is where I'm at in the thread at this time.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Jay said this, but remembered about Monkey Island later. I'll put the tinfoil away for once and say that I don't believe he was lying about misremembering. With that in mind, I don't think 3J would support a kill on who he considered a visitor. It's a nice look.
Agreed.

I want to be devil's advocate and say he's making up a reason he wouldn't kill Nacho when he'd really have no problem doing it but...I believe he wanted to play with Nacho, perhaps more than I believe he misremembered the game.

I guess I need to look at the flavor again. I wasn't pinpointing Nacho as for sure mafia killed, though from a threat perspective, he'd be a better target than Wigly, who was a lynch candidate and was not scumhunting.

Still not really certain of the Syndicate kill meta (though I get that it differs from player to player). Could anyone walk me through kill target discussions/ choices in recent mafia games? Why did you kill who you did, especially on Day 1-3?
Nightkill analysis isn't a common strategy here. But that's mainly because nightkilled targets are janitored.

Is it a thing where you come from?
Not as much as it should be. There is an HCRealms nk meta.

I'm just perplexed enough by kill targets, I want to know why they are different here. Maybe I get something useful. Maybe I get a scum theory that gives me a read on someone. Maybe it's really a bunch of useless conjecture.[/quote]
I can't really speak to a predictable nightkill meta here... when I'm bad I usually either kill someone to frame someone else, or I kill someone who is giving me too much trouble. People seem to think that doesn't happen, like it would lead back to the killer too obviously... but that's pretty rare in my experience.

I would love to see more advanced nightkill analysis happening. Sometimes I kill someone with a beautiful framejob setup, and no one even notices. Then I'm tempted to "notice" it myself, but I get scared it will look too obvious, so I just sigh. :sigh:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Silver Lantern wrote:Okay I've sat on this long enough that we've seen people comment on Wigly and others avoid doing so, despite my request.

I killed Wigly, and unfortunately he was town. Sorry Wigly, but there was really nothing constructive at all from you on D1 when I ISOed you and i figured after Sig turned up town that taking out another suspicious D1 player would give us the most info on the reads of others towards you D1 as I was really hoping I was right about you being scum.
There goes the pants.

I don't know exactly what you are claiming, but would you please clarify:
Did you get Wigly's entire role, or just alignment?

I would ask, if this is a one-shot ability (a question on its own), why did you use it on day one? But I feel like any answer to that question would provide more value to mafia than town. I say this as a person used to power-claims. Please don't answer these latter questions unless you have a very good reason for doing so.

For the record, I tentatively believe Silver Lantern on this one.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Silver Lantern wrote:Okay I've sat on this long enough that we've seen people comment on Wigly and others avoid doing so, despite my request.

How do you know he was town? Since you're being so forthcoming... what is your role exactly?

This is a very intriguing reveal. Not sure if it's true, or a strategy of some sort.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote:Please don't answer these latter questions unless you have a very good reason for doing so.
Yeah, this was on my mind as well - ignore any questions if the answers will hurt the Civilian cause, or whatever.

I'm going to work now.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: I would love to see more advanced nightkill analysis happening. Sometimes I kill someone with a beautiful framejob setup, and no one even notices. Then I'm tempted to "notice" it myself, but I get scared it will look too obvious, so I just sigh. :sigh:
One time, I was on a mafia team, and we killed someone that we had ZERO reason to kill compared to others.

I remember one guy saying "This isn't Death Note. Mafia kills for a reason."

It was Death Note, though. It was us being fishy. We won that game, though Sprityo almost single-handedly killed all of us.

Here it is: http://forum.chocolatepi.net/showthread ... 81&page=10
Post 459.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote:

There goes the pants.

I would ask, if this is a one-shot ability (a question on its own), why did you use it on day one? But I feel like any answer to that question would provide more value to mafia than town. I say this as a person used to power-claims. Please don't answer these latter questions unless you have a very good reason for doing so.

If you believe Silver, why are you fishing for more info about his role?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

I don't like this post. I don't see how he can conclude that I "benefited" from suspecting Dizzy. He also has Elohcin's meta wrong (which I described above). I get that he hasn't played here long, but I can only recall one game recently from Elohcin, and it's the same one I described in a previous post, it was one of the most active games I've ever seen from her.

Additionally, there's the nightkill analysis. But that is very minor ping, dependent on his answer to my question.
You mean that game where Epi tried to lynch her day 1 because she didn't want to play and talked about how she might not have an info or BTCC role cause she wasn't invested at all? Yeah, her day 1 here and there look pretty similar.

How did you benefit? Meant you looked better in my eyes. Or are you looking for how it did that?
I'm having trouble finding this game. There was Mafia of Unfortunate Events where she was my mafia teammate. She was lynched Day 5 and had 87 posts while alive. Then there was Monkey Island where she subbed out Day 1 (or 2, sometime early). But she was a civilian in that game. You were in both of these games, which is why I mention them.

That makes more sense. I don't get how I would personally benefit from suspecting a person, but I get that it impacts other players' reads. But I tend to play better under suspicion, so :shrug2:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Let's just say that I've shared what I deem worthy of sharing at this time.

My intent in doing so was not to shift the game into a discussion of my power, or what info I have, or even me in particular. My intent was to share some info I had with the town as I believe that knowing the alignments of now 3 dead townies may be beneficial in regards to what other's reads on them were to this point.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

There goes the pants.

I'm fishing for Wilgy's role. You know, the dead guy. I feel like that much info would be valuable to town, should it be provided.
I feel like info related to the one-shottedness of SL's role or role-related reasons for killing D1 (which I wouldn't do as a vig) would be of negative value to town. This is the conclusion I came to, based on my time playing. I can further explain my reasoning, should it be required, but I don't think that's your point.

If you disagree, please say so before he replies, and explain why. And if SL disagrees (having more information than I do), then he can ignore me. Edit before posting: As he (apparently) did.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:I want Sloonei to say more about how I should be familiar with info-dumping setups.
You've played in games and in a community which encourages info dumping before, even if it was a while ago.

Do you deny this?
I mean, so did I. It's been ~6-7 years since that time. After playing consistently here for the past 3 years, my info-dumping skills are pretty out of practice.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

What is "info-dumping?"
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Silver Lantern wrote:What is "info-dumping?"
What you just did.

Some game setups apparently don't allow it on this forum, but this one does. Same with Role-claiming.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

speedchuck wrote:
What you just did.

Some game setups apparently don't allow it on this forum, but this one does. Same with Role-claiming.
There are set ups that prohibit you from sharing the info you have gathered?

Consider me shocked. How counter productive...
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Role Outing and Info Dumping: Role Outing is when a player announces to the thread which role they have been assigned. Info Dumping is when a player announces in thread, either directly or in thinly veiled terms, information they obtained from their role's ability. For example if a Cop were to announce they "know" that so and so is bad, this would be considered info dumping. These two actions are generally considered bad form, but they are not strictly forbidden as some game setups would allow it or encourage it. Each host decides whether role outing and info dumping are forbidden for their game or not, refer to their rules to ascertain if it is allowed or not.

In this one, it's fine. This isn't even a general rule where I come from, but I do sort of get it. It allows for more power roles by limiting them, puts more focus on inferring player motives rather than analyzing truths and lies, stuff like that. Same as not having roles flip on death at all. It's a style.

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to be an ignored cop, though.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

I'm having trouble finding this game. There was Mafia of Unfortunate Events where she was my mafia teammate. She was lynched Day 5 and had 87 posts while alive. Then there was Monkey Island where she subbed out Day 1 (or 2, sometime early). But she was a civilian in that game. You were in both of these games, which is why I mention them.

That makes more sense. I don't get how I would personally benefit from suspecting a person, but I get that it impacts other players' reads. But I tend to play better under suspicion, so :shrug2:
I wasn't playing in Monkey Island. I think you're confusing me with Nacho.

I'm talking about Unfortunate Events. I guess in fairness, Eloh was sick.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... oh#p321624
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Silver Lantern wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
What you just did.

They're a lot of fun and I encourage you guys to try a game that restricts info-dumping while you're here. :nicenod:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Sloonei wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
What you just did.

They're a lot of fun and I encourage you guys to try a game that restricts info-dumping while you're here. :nicenod:
Imagine if you were to play in a game where you could not ask questions.

That is how I feel about playing in a game where you cannot share info. :omg:
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

This place is ridiculously quiet. I can only imagine that the proboards must be blowing up...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

There goes the pants.

I'm fishing for Wilgy's role. You know, the dead guy. I feel like that much info would be valuable to town, should it be provided.
I feel like info related to the one-shottedness of SL's role or role-related reasons for killing D1 (which I wouldn't do as a vig) would be of negative value to town. This is the conclusion I came to, based on my time playing. I can further explain my reasoning, should it be required, but I don't think that's your point.

If you disagree, please say so before he replies, and explain why. And if SL disagrees (having more information than I do), then he can ignore me. Edit before posting: As he (apparently) did.
I disagree a lot.

Knowing Wigly was the cop or the doctor would be SUPER healpful to the mafia and do about jack and squat to help the town. I mean, if Wigly was going after someone and we learned, he was the cop, great. But he wasn't. I can't see the advantage.

Similarly, learning if Silver has another kill up his sleeve would help the mafia. The town wants the mafia to waste time blocking or misdirecting a one shot vig. We want them to leave alone a multishot vig. It helps to keep the mafia in the dark. It doesn't help the town to know.

There are lots of mixed or negative value town roles. Jailkeepers, princesses, millers, crazy cops. Leroys. Your worry about this does not trump the advantage of keeping the details of Silver's powers secret.

I find your line of questioning highly suspicious. If you suspected Silver was bad, maybe I'd be okay with you fishing for his role. There is no excuse to fish for Wigly and your support of Silver and statement you are fishing for Wigly's role instead of Silver's eliminates your excuses there as well.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

There goes the pants.

I disagree a lot.

Knowing Wigly was the cop or the doctor would be SUPER healpful to the mafia and do about jack and squat to help the town. I mean, if Wigly was going after someone and we learned, he was the cop, great. But he wasn't. I can't see the advantage.

Similarly, learning if Silver has another kill up his sleeve would help the mafia. The town wants the mafia to waste time blocking or misdirecting a one shot vig. We want them to leave alone a multishot vig. It helps to keep the mafia in the dark. It doesn't help the town to know.

There are lots of mixed or negative value town roles. Jailkeepers, princesses, millers, crazy cops. Leroys. Your worry about this does not trump the advantage of keeping the details of Silver's powers secret.

I find your line of questioning highly suspicious. If you suspected Silver was bad, maybe I'd be okay with you fishing for his role. There is no excuse to fish for Wigly and your support of Silver and statement you are fishing for Wigly's role instead of Silver's eliminates your excuses there as well.
I didn't think of the two cases as similar. This being a CF setup, the roles that are in play are valuable to the mafia, yes. I wouldn't have considered a role out of play to be that helpful to the mafia (Who the heck knows what else is in play, double-roles, similar roles), and in a way, I was trying to make the claim falsifiable. After all, if mafia did kill Wigly, then they know he's town. A claim like this (I DO buy that SL killed Wigly, and I currently read him as town, but regardless) is the safest thing for a scum person to make.
Especially since a role that hides alignment on the kill is NOT town-sided, though, as you pointed out, CF.

I do disagree with you, but Silver gets to make the choice, not us. Also, I laugh at your "the cop or the doctor" wording. As if we have any idea whether those exist or are singular/limited/detriments to town.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 83

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 1 - And Into the Fire

Post by insertnamehere »

err...
I think the ISO I'm currently in the middle of writing is so good that it broke the site.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Epignosis »

INH, you have a problem with your spoiler tags. Check those.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Huh. Interesting. Strange that (if Silver is telling the truth) he would receive more info about Wilgy's role/alignment than the thread did. At least I think that's strange. :shrug2:

I'm tending to agree with Jack (good points in his most recent posts) re: Speed's questions. If you believe Silver is telling the truth I don't think we need any more information at this time -- there are some things that would be nice to know but I think Jack is right that they'd be more helpful to the mafia.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Soneji »

@Jay in regards to the sig lynch: I would say Syndicate regulars with their familiarity with sig mislynches come off looking the worst in general, yourself and Golden in particular as starters of that wagon. I can't really agree that "Are there any good reasons not to lynch sig" is a good approach, "Are there any good reasons we should lynch sig over Wilgy, Sorcha, Dfaraday, Eloh" would be a considerably better one.

@Sloonei on Golden : I would say that talking about ones scum meta as a response to suspicion is generally something mafia do more than town. Especially when one is touting themselves as too careful/skilled to scumslip in certain ways, it's a method of intimidation. Golden going into his scum meta there just felt straight unnecessary.

Later Golden gives his opinion on whose more likely to have killed Nacho then dismisses that info as something he doesn't believe as worthwhile. Why even remark on it if you don't think it is a viable method of scumhunting? Since he agreed with both Jay and Jack on their NK analysis, then dismissed the info as useful, it comes off as buddying mixed with fence-sitting.

Still reading up on phone.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Honestly not sure what sort of information to get out of Wigly's alignment reveal. SL, did you gain anything from your secret knowledge while it was secret?

While Wigly was a good vig target, they weren't a great target for generating reads. I could see town or scum reacting to townWigly in the same way.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote:Honestly not sure what sort of information to get out of Wigly's alignment reveal. SL, did you gain anything from your secret knowledge while it was secret?

While Wigly was a good vig target, they weren't a great target for generating reads. I could see town or scum reacting to townWigly in the same way.
I forget, so remind me if this is the case: are you a member of the community sprityo has adapted this game from? If so, what can you tell us about a role like the one SL is claiming? Is it something we should accept as a town/civ roleclaim?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Gimme a read, Speedy. Or better yet, a rainbow. You've been fence sitting a lot lately and I don't like the way that goes with your fishing.

You want Silver to claim more but you "tentatively" think he's town. You want to know about Wigly but you think he's town. You "didn't hate" INH for a lynch. You picked out me, JJJ, Golden and Straw but didn't take a stance. You asked us to evaluate each other and didn't weigh in. You supported Dizzy while holding your hands up like "but he could be scum." You have no opinion on Marmot. You had "no issues" with punching Sig, Wigly, Eloh or Sorsha but opposed switching to anyone else.

You did an okay ISO on Scotty yesterday and have expressed some confidence in Quin, LC and Silver (yesterday).

I'd also like to know what you would gain from Wigly's power, standard or wacky. His alignment is far more useful to the town, imo, and you don't have much of an opinion on that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Punching? ISO hates the word "lynching" I think.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*facepalm*

IOS.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DYSLEXICON'S EXTENSIVE LEXICON
an ISO in two parts
PART 1: EVERYTHING BUT THE 'SLIP'
Dyslexicon wrote:
Quin wrote:
I already know that there's a difference between our perceptions of what Sorsha was saying, but I'll explain anyway.

1. I think Sorsha's post about giving the map to a woman was entirely fluff. Not serious. A gimmick that is only saying 'We are women, so give it to us.' Not 'these girls and I are civ, so give it to us.'
2. Confirming civ-reads doesn't fit, because the post itself was a gimmick.
I agree with this. JJJ's way of making it a thing is: :workit:

---

There's too many players to keep track of. Please hurry up and die. I don't really have reads cause aintnobodygottimeforethat.
But:

Lynch: JJJ
Dys' first "REAL" post of the game comes via an agreement with Quin that 3J's suspicion of Sorsha's girl power support of woman receiving the map is, itself, suspicious. He casually throws a vote his way, in the manner reserved for a early day lark or mayhaps a distancing attempt.

After this comes the whole "slip" fracas, which I'll analyze in a separate post.
Dyslexicon wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Five scum lolslip. I see people are really jumping on it, "great catch" :p. I'm surprised so many seems to take it seriously, but then I'm used to players being used to play with me. Hopefully some reactions stands out. I'm not dumb enough to slip for real in that way. It's a rather classic way of fake slipping. Did the same thing in one of my recent town games on my home site, same number even (HOW CONVENIENT).
I would absolutely love to see a link to this recent town game, ideally the same post. Please, please, please give me that before you depart for the night.
Dyslexicon wrote:I didn't have three scum reads. I have none. Hopefully this changes with me reading the game. \o/
Golden isn't a scum read?
Bah. Let me get my computer then. Y ppl be so serious :omg:

But since it's you <3

No, haven't really formed reads yet. Dunno. No more hard questions plz. o.o
Now he has no reads at all. Funny how he abandons the 3J suspicion once the slip clustermug occurs.
Dyslexicon wrote:Somewhat casual observations

- Quin posts 2min after slip. Don't see much wrong with the response.

- Golden doesn't think I'm very good at mafia. XD

- Strawhenge flags it, but doesn't vote me.

- Nutella is impressed and joins the vote. Nothing wrong with this it feels like.

- Scotty joins vote, say "watch this just being an arbitrary number". I find this curious.

- Quin seems pleased with himself. :p

- JJJ warns that I shouldn't be hammered (that would've been lol though). Still not calling me outright mafia.

- Silver indicates that it's "suspicious enough for a vote".

- Fredwood is the first one to suggest the post doesn't make sense. Unsure of mafia motive for doing this.

Some players comments later, but I'm unsure how much can be read into that as it's not as immediate.
I was going to ask why JJJ did not declare me scum or town, but didn't contest anyone who declared me sure or almost sure scum. But it was answered later with his long post. The fact that he held on to it is probably town indicative. Which is a shame, cause I really wanted to scum read JJJ for some reason. Also, the last time I played here the player I was suspicious towards in the start, but then grew to be everyone's top town read turned out to be scum, and I felt like crying. Fact is, the early JJJ stuff did not make me confident in him being town, but the later is better, I think. It would be very helpful if players who has meta on JJJ can tell me if this is very typical of his town play (as I understand nobody really knows what his scum play is like (?)).
Interesting how he differentiates between Quin and Nutella, whose Dys votes he finds normal and unsuspicious, and Scotty, whose Dys vote is "curious." Also, a full-scale switcheroo-nie on 3J, as you can see in his next post.
Dyslexicon wrote:Actually, meta in general would help a bunch. But I don't have that, so let's just get on with the (early) impressions I have so far:

Townish:

Quin seems town enough to me. A bit stubborn, but that may just be a general thing (?).

I guess I should trust JJJ as I find no real reason to scum read him even if I want to for unknown raisins.

I think nutella seems alright. Has a rather innocent way of posting, and the need to understand reads town to me. Also think JJJ mentioned meta to back this up.

Slight towny:

I remember liking Long Con's post, but I can't really remember why. I think it was something about suspecting INH for having an unchronological reason to suspect someone (suspecting them before they do what could be potentially suspicious). This just seemed like a good level of thinking, so it's at least not lazy at least. I'm keeping in mind though that I thiiink he comes off a bit different than the last game I played here and iirc he was town in that? This is a long time ago, so don't remember it well. Still more town than not.

I don't know SilverLantern, but his attitude reads more town than scum to me. Also his awareness of being defensive and the "oh no, now I'll be seen as suspicious" read more like annoyed at maybe having to deal with that as town, cause he'd rather just be town read (?). Making guesses, or call it a gut read.

Um, I could mention Fred and Nacho as slight town leans, but there's really not much basis to it other than feels. Also pretty sure Sig's tone is a bit different from last game (again, ages ago), where he was scum.

Suspect:

I don't trust Marmot. I don't like the way he's emphasizing claiming map, as it reads more like trying to "be out there" or gain town cred for (possibly) faking that after other more present players had done the same. Doesn't really seem to care about my slip too much, seems uninterested.

I don't get good feels from Strawhenge. If someone has meta arguments here, I'd like to hear it, cause I saw people reading him town. He also flagged my post without voting me (but kept on shading me), without giving a reason for not voting. I also didn't like his first posts pointing out his own paranoia, and possible buddying of JJJ D0.

I agree that Sorsha read somewhat distant and not wanting to engage, which is possibly suspicious.

Scotty is a name I remember I was suspicious of, but I don't remember why.

---

I make gut reads/feels/impressions that is somewhat hard to explain. Especially when not knowing players well. Deal with it and take it for what it's worth. \o/
Now, 3J is one of his top town reads. (Wonder how much of that is tied to 3J's reaction to the "slip" kerfuffle.) Scum reads include Marmot, (for claiming?!? wat? he town-reads others for claiming, but I guess because Marmot ain't SUPATOWN, he's less trustworthy when HE does it.) Strawhenge, (who Dys kept replying to with blunt, one word 'no' answers, seemingly to antagonize the dude.) Sorsha, (with whom Dys agrees with 3J's case on.) and Scotty. ("curious Dys vote.")
Dyslexicon wrote:Lynch: Marmot

I do not feel the warm fuzzies, MM. =/
Why do you feel so distant? Why do you feel so cold?
Now we have Dys' second D1 vote, which is based on even less than his first. Apparently, Marmot feels cold and distant, like an estranged lover or Antarctica. Nothing about this vote gives me the warm fuzzies.
Dyslexicon wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Lynch: Marmot

I do not feel the warm fuzzies, MM. =/
Why do you feel so distant? Why do you feel so cold?
This is the sort of feeling you get when you say things like "There are five (5) scum to lynch, etc."

My question to you is: Why have you been so cold? Why have you been so distant?
Right. So my suspicion was articulated in a ditzy way, but it was serious.
My point was not that I was getting any type of feeling from you, rather that you seemed to not be very involved or interested in the slip.
Apparently not having an opinion on Dys' slip, and sitting back to observe other people's reactions is suspicious in Dys' eyes. Probably explains why his vote is currently on me.

These are, to put it frank, not great reasons to suspect people.
Dyslexicon wrote:@Speed, I want you to explain your read on me. You're tip-toeing around it. You comment a lot on logic, strategy and meta discussions, but you don't give very much in terms of reads. You've stated several times that I'm null-ish to you and that I'm nok exactly looking good and that it's understanable that players want to lynch me etc. But at the same time you're arguing against what these players are saying. So in your own words, what is your read on me and why?

I'm very suspicious of you.
This where Dys' playstyle in this game becomes apparent. Aggrandizing flashy statements meant to provoke "discussion," and suspecting people who don't take the bait. MM, Speed, and myself all expressed neutrality about Dys, which quickly attracted heat from the man himself.

Dyslexicon doesn't want to lynch people who townread him, but doesn't want the heat that comes with going after people who scumread. So, he goes after the neutrals. Best case scenario, they then townread him and Dys can post that they "are making more sense now." Worst case scenario, he can frame their suspicions as a NO U, OMGUS.

It's a thing people do when they want to look like they're hunting and an extremely active player without doing any actual hunting.
Dyslexicon wrote:I'm sure I had other things I wanted to comment on. Don't know when day ends, so going to throw out some cold reads:

Townish:
Nut, Straw, Fred

Slight town:
Silver, Quin. Golden, Jack

On the townier side of null:
Soneji, Scotty, Wilgy

Null:
Nacho

On the scummier side of null or sligh scum:
Sig, Dfray, JJJ

Scummish/suspects:
Marmot, INH, Speed, LC
Now 3J is "on the scummier side of null," while me, MM, Speed, and LC are the top suspects.

Jeez, Dys' 3J read is like a roller-coaster. This is the fourth or fifth change that's occurred over a single day!

Also interesting how Nacho is the only one listed as "null." Would be a good way to seperate yourself from an NK target.
Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Sig could have voted me though, or another counter wagon. Although that would've looked scum as hell.
Actually this only serves to emphasise the disparity between his words and the actual level of lynch threat he felt.
True.

Lynch Sig

Because I want to do what's in vogue.
Fish gonna swim, SUPATOWN gonna mislynch Sig. Well timed train jump on Dys' part, that allows him to continue his buddying up to the SUPATOWN coalition.
Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Sometimes I feel that Golden acts like I'm confirmed town.
Not sure exactly what you're seeing or how you mean this, but I tend to act like everyone is town. Even when I suspect someone on one hand, I don't want to ignore their perspective on things on the other, in case I'm wrong. I think I'm much better at figuring out who is town than who is bad, so this also aids my hunting approach.
It's not for how you interact with me (actually thinking about it, I don't think we've interacted much? Hi.), but more so in your analysis of votes and wagons and how people are treating me, it seems like you assume that I'm town. Both with the reactions to my fakeslip and in regards to the wagon on me. I don't know what this means, it's just a feeling I had and I wrote it out.
*COUGH*buddying*COUGH*
Dyslexicon wrote:I find that I have disagreed with a lot of the reasons for Quin's suspicions, but I'm still inclined to read them as town. Is this weird?

If I were to go on a limb, which I will, I'd say town:
Nut, Silver, Fred, JJJ, Golden, Quin and Scotty (very gut on the last one).

I did have town feels of JOH and Straw, but I feel these should be up for reviewing after this day (mostly by virtue of second hand info).

Would vote Marmot, INH and LC atm. Eloh, sure, but can be vigged. If she's town, another lurker lynch would suck.

Lynch INH

Wagon wagon.
And then there's this. Another example of booking a ticket on the SUPATOWN mislynch express.

IN SUMMATION:

Dys has been flakier than a rotten biscuit, and has been buddying up to the SUPATOWN group and following them on mislynch trains.

He attacks people who express neutral opinions on him and seemingly dislikes the concept of objectivity.

He hasn't really posted a concrete suspicion yet, and I fail to see any real genuine hunting attempts from him.

To put it in metaphorical terms, Dyslexicon is the equivalent of those little party poppers that you have to awkwardly pull a string to set off, which launch a bit of colored graffiti in an underwhelming spectacle, leaving everyone else to sweep up what remains.

Good taste in TV, but that's really all I can say to his credit.

WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

VOTE LYNCH DYSLEXICON
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

Just popping in to say that's it from me, see you next phase. Let's get a scum!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:OK, its time I need to make a vote, so:

vote insertnamehere

If Eloh is lynched, so be it. The most persuasive reason I have against is she is an attractive vig target, and based on the flavour text around the Wilgy death I can see there being a vig in the game, so I'm willing to give that a chance to happen instead of wasting a lynch on someone who has no content to read.

INH, on the other hand, I'm used to him having strong views and declaring them, and I'm not seeing that. What's more, I don't feel as though he's engaged with criticisms, or where he has he's been simply dismissive, and I don't like the feel it gives me.
*WANTS STRONG OPINIONS*

*I POST A MASSIVE ACCUSATORY ISO*
Golden wrote:Just popping in to say that's it from me, see you next phase. Let's get a scum!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

Didn't see your iso, haven't read the thread.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:Didn't see your iso, haven't read the thread.
But I'm still where you're vote's going. :sigh:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Dyslexicon »

insertnamehere wrote:VOTE LYNCH DYSLEXICON
I appreciate this. :p

Such RAWR.
Was probably not going to stick with my vote anyway, and I think this comes off more genuine than not.
One question though: Did you go through my whole ISO, as in, did you read every post?

Lynch LC

^If I'm to stick with early meta gut similar to my Sig gut.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

insertnamehere wrote:
Golden wrote:Didn't see your iso, haven't read the thread.
But I'm still where your vote's going. :sigh:
*EBWOP
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Liking playing with Dizzy. Hope they stick around. Reminds me of a realmser named ABF only if ABF gave a shit about actually playing the game.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dyslexicon wrote:

Such RAWR.
Was probably not going to stick with my vote anyway, and I think this comes off more genuine than not.
One question though: Did you go through my whole ISO, as in, did you read every post?

Lynch LC

I went through your ISO, yes, but I focused on the posts that weren't about the "slip" in order to assess you more accurately as a player instead of focusing on a single event.

Also, nice dodge.

Also, wasn't your Sig gut dead wrong?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Liking playing with Dizzy. Hope they stick around. Reminds me of a realmser named ABF only if ABF gave a shit about actually playing the game.
I like playing with Dizzy too. I think I'll enjoy playing with him even more when he's town.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Liking playing with Dizzy. Hope they stick around. Reminds me of a realmser named ABF only if ABF gave a shit about actually playing the game.
Buddying! :omg:

But for real, thanks a lot! That's encouraging and a very nice thing of you to say out loud.
I definitely enjoy playing here - respectful, entertaining and it seem skilled players.^^
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote:

Such RAWR.

Lynch LC

And you can look forward to similar results. Perhaps the Sig results pleased you?

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dizzy, you aren't even considering responding to my ISO, are you?

Maybe you think if you ignore it, I'll just go away. Or maybe I'll be lynched because of my irritating flashing avatar, or some other equally idiotic reason.

The latter may happen, but the former sure isn't going to.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”