Total votes: 15
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 4 - Too Slow

Post by juliets »

I haven't voted yet so I think that means there are only two on Quin?? I'm not sure, I haven't kept count.

Moving Pictures -

We need to know if Elo targeted Fredwood on night 1 (it was night 1 right gang?)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

Fredwood wrote:
juliets wrote:
Quin is saying that because of your stance that there can be no redundancies, and Quin autopsies as the town odd night doctor, that then you must lynch the town odd night doctor that you are claiming to know the existence of, because the same argument would hold true for them.
Oh ok, thanks for the explanation. Actually, my stance isn't that there can be no redundancies. I think Soneji and Golden said in a CF game anything is possible including overlap that screws with claiming. So, that looks like it's possible.

Soneji, I have been more concerned with whether or not Quin is falsifying his claim because the Golden stuff just came up this afternoon and I've not had a chance to read over Golden's posts. The Quin information has been with me since yesterday when I clarified a point with the hosts.

If people for the most part feel like Quin is genuine then I think it's safest to assume there is redundancy or there's an alternative I'm not thinking of because of my lack of experience with this. I don't want someone to be lynched based on my lack of experience.

No, I meant if the deciding factor in your reason to lynch Quin...I wasn't agreeing with what was said, was explaining it. There are other reasons to suspect Quin then the claim, but the claim makes them hard to ignore.

Also, I don't know if anyone else thinks quin is genuine, I'm the only one really having a hard time connecting the cognitive dots for a reason for the claim.

Right now I think we have what 4 votes on Soneji (Sloonei, Speed, JJJ Scotty)

and 3 on quin? (Straw, Golden, and you? Did you vote)

2 on Golden (Soneji, Quin)...

I hope more people don't just jump on Soenji like Scotty did with hard lynch being only 7.[/quote]

I will likely vote Soneji to save myself. But with so many other protective roles maybe not. Depends on whether I anticipate everyone wasting more of their time talking about me.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What immediate concerns or questions can I address?
Who did Eloh target night one. Fredwood, Jay, or other?
Technically other.

I would be happy to elaborate, I think, but I need to see what the answers to these are first:

1) Did Elo give information about her/my role in thread?
2) Would sharing my role information via just vomiting everything I know be helpful to the town cause?
3) How many people have role claimed versus not?
4) If the answer to 3 is at least 1, can someone post a listing of these role claims?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Strawhenge wrote:
1. Are you scum? If so, who are your friends?

2. Do you have any comment as to the political unrest in Fuck Mountain during your absence, your majesty?
1. No. Thank goodness.

2. No. :mafia:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Technically other.

I would be happy to elaborate, I think, but I need to see what the answers to these are first:

2) Would sharing my role information via just vomiting everything I know be helpful to the town cause?
4) If the answer to 3 is at least 1, can someone post a listing of these role claims?
Eloh was not the redirector, I guess.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sprityo wrote:MP07 will be filling in for Eloh. He is of course very busy and is mostly going to just submit night actions
Sup folks?

So I really shouldn't be playing any mafia right now, but this game looks amazing and sprityo badly needed a replacement for Elo. Tried to help him find one to no avail.

Slank cover: Obviously I'm preoccupied with RL stuff and on mafia break. So I'm around to at least make sure this role doesn't go to waste. I will try to contribute however I can, but it's going to be at like less than 1% normal MP levels. Sorry, but it is what it is. I still figure that's better than the 0% that was being put forth without a replacement.

There's no way I'll be able to read this thing. So please be patient with me regarding my familiarity with in-thread content, even days out. I've popped in occasionally and I've read maybe 1/20-1/15 of the thread overall, but I really don't know what's going on, and I have no intention of reading backwards since I won't even be able to keep caught up I'm sure. So some quick summaries on major events would be appreciated.

I won't really be able to do anything until d5, assuming I'm still alive, but I may cast a vote if I can quickly become acclimated enough to feel comfortable doing so. I'll be around for a little bit off and on until d4 EoD while I continue working.

What immediate concerns or questions can I address?
Please say you didn't place a Bomb on me

Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

@MP

I asked because I saw Eloh visiting Fredwood on night one (as a watcher). I did not target Fredwood, so why I ended up watching him is a mystery to me at this stage.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I think speedchuck posted a list of said claims, actually.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Technically other.

Eloh was not the redirector, I guess.
Well, not exactly.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Fredwood wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sprityo wrote:MP07 will be filling in for Eloh. He is of course very busy and is mostly going to just submit night actions
Sup folks?

So I really shouldn't be playing any mafia right now, but this game looks amazing and sprityo badly needed a replacement for Elo. Tried to help him find one to no avail.

Slank cover: Obviously I'm preoccupied with RL stuff and on mafia break. So I'm around to at least make sure this role doesn't go to waste. I will try to contribute however I can, but it's going to be at like less than 1% normal MP levels. Sorry, but it is what it is. I still figure that's better than the 0% that was being put forth without a replacement.

There's no way I'll be able to read this thing. So please be patient with me regarding my familiarity with in-thread content, even days out. I've popped in occasionally and I've read maybe 1/20-1/15 of the thread overall, but I really don't know what's going on, and I have no intention of reading backwards since I won't even be able to keep caught up I'm sure. So some quick summaries on major events would be appreciated.

I won't really be able to do anything until d5, assuming I'm still alive, but I may cast a vote if I can quickly become acclimated enough to feel comfortable doing so. I'll be around for a little bit off and on until d4 EoD while I continue working.

What immediate concerns or questions can I address?
Please say you didn't place a Bomb on me

Why would I have done that? And how?

And hello. :beer:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, interesting that MP said 'technically' other. This fits with my instinct that Eloh would not have targeted Fredwood. But, in my theory, I would have expected Eloh to have targeted Jay. Odd that two people targeting separate targets would both be drawn to Fred.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:@MP

I asked because I saw Eloh visiting Fredwood on night one (as a watcher). I did not target Fredwood, so why I ended up watching him is a mystery to me at this stage.
Oh, I see.

One of her targets that night was Fredwood, but she has a power that must target more than one person. So that's why I wasn't sure how to quite answer your question.

Based on that, your result seems accurate. Right?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, I get what's going on.

Should I just role claim?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:@MP

Oh, I see.

One of her targets that night was Fredwood, but she has a power that must target more than one person. So that's why I wasn't sure how to quite answer your question.

Based on that, your result seems accurate. Right?
Yes. Especially if the other target is me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Fuck it, might as well.

I'm the Town Busdriver, which apparently is a role that targets two people and actions affecting those two people are switched.

Night 1, Elo targeted Golden and Fredwood. So that explains your result perfectly, Golden, right?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't see how claiming would be harmful, so hopefully it doesn't matter. I figured it could probably be surmised anyway based on what I already had said.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright now what's going on with votes and stuff. Clue me in. Should I vote for someone, even though I'm pretty much uninformed? If so, whom?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Fuck it, might as well.

I'm the Town Busdriver, which apparently is a role that targets two people and actions affecting those two people are switched.

Night 1, Elo targeted Golden and Fredwood. So that explains your result perfectly, Golden, right?
Possibly. I targeted Jay, so it would have made more sense if she targeted Jay and Fredwood. I thought maybe she misdirected me to fred. But I find the busdriver mechanic complicated to begin with.

I tend to believe your town claim because wtf would mafia have two busdrivers.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Golden said he was trying to target JJJ, it explains why he saw you targeting me, but not how he ended up targeting, me, him, me?
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright now what's going on with votes and stuff. Clue me in. Should I vote for someone, even though I'm pretty much uninformed? If so, whom?
3J is a confirmed civ, so preferably not him.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

On that note, a legacy post:

Only cowards kill a confirmed town JaggedJimmyJay.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:

Possibly. I targeted Jay, so it would have made more sense if she targeted Jay and Fredwood. I thought maybe she misdirected me to fred. But I find the busdriver mechanic complicated to begin with.

I tend to believe your town claim because wtf would mafia have two busdrivers.
Yeah, the busdriver mechanic is a bit confusing, but I think I get the gist of it.

LOL, well that worked out well then. :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright now what's going on with votes and stuff. Clue me in. Should I vote for someone, even though I'm pretty much uninformed? If so, whom?
3J is a confirmed civ, so preferably not him.
Got it. Thought I picked up on that earlier but wasn't sure. That makes my rainbow list development easier. :slick:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

This phase ends at 10:00PM Central, 11:00PM Eastern, correct?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Soneji »

Quin wrote:On that note, a legacy post:

I can say that I dealt with a confirmed JJJ for over seven cycles in Turf Wars as scum and won. Worship me :slick:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Right now Soneji would be lynched at the end of the day, he has a few lynches left before hammer

Quin has a few votes on him and is generating a lot of attention

Golden has two on him as well as a result of his recent argument with Quin

Also, earlier today Sloonei shot Jack with a gun and he turned out to be a de-marker. Which is where the demolition man/arsonist theory came up, which is why I asked about the bomb, it was all very exciting.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Soneji wrote:

I can say that I dealt with a confirmed JJJ for over seven cycles in Turf Wars as scum and won. Worship me :slick:
That was pretty majestic.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Would any of the current destinations put us back at starting point?

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Juliets, Does your qualms with Quin has anything to do with Wilgy?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Fredwood wrote:
Right now Soneji would be lynched at the end of the day, he has a few lynches left before hammer

Quin has a few votes on him and is generating a lot of attention

Golden has two on him as well as a result of his recent argument with Quin

Also, earlier today Sloonei shot Jack with a gun and he turned out to be a de-marker. Which is where the demolition man/arsonist theory came up, which is why I asked about the bomb, it was all very exciting.
OK, cool, thanks.

Anyone got some rainbows they want to link me to as a starting point? Gotta start figuring out how you all feel about each other and why.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MP is here! Kill him, kill him!

Lynch MP

:omg:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:MP is here! Kill him, kill him!

Lynch MP

Good to see you too. :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote:@Juliets, Does your qualms with Quin has anything to do with Wilgy?
No, it doesn't Dys.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Holy shit, this game almost has as many posts as the GoC.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Soneji wrote:

Your cleared 3J was obviously a pro-town independent with a win condition :pout:

My cleared 3J was a bona fide townie doctor. :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:This phase ends at 10:00PM Central, 11:00PM Eastern, correct?
5PM NZ time, sucker.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Lynch MP

You should probably die though, in all earnesty.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I also survived phases of townie Jay in Economics.

I did kill him in the end, though :p it secured my end game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:This phase ends at 10:00PM Central, 11:00PM Eastern, correct?
5PM NZ time, sucker.
I've always wondered how many hours you are ahead of us here in Texas. 19, I guess?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Lynch MP

NO U

Seriously, why?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Lynch MP

Why?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

My rl work load got crazy, and I'm pretty overwhelmed with/behind on this game right now.

I want to hear from Juliets.
Or else just going to sheep JJJ.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:I also survived phases of townie Jay in Economics.

RULE NUMBER #1

YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT ECONOMICS
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Because I feel like it. Scum, the lot of you. Shooh!
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I killed him in the end too. I could not deal with supatown Sloonei and 3J at the same time.
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Quin wrote:
Soneji wrote:

Your cleared 3J was obviously a pro-town independent with a win condition :pout:

My cleared 3J was a bona fide townie doctor. :grin:
Mine didn't count towards town numbers so even though I wanted him dead it would be a waste of a kill.

Both him and Sloonei had over 1,000 posts in that game and I couldn't get rid of either. I come from a community with 24 hour day phase and no night posting....I nearly lost my mind that game

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

RULE NUMBER #1

TALK ABOUT ECONOMICS
Fixed that for you.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:Because I feel like it. Scum, the lot of you. Shooh!
:ponder:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

RULE NUMBER #1

TALK ABOUT ECONOMICS
Fixed that for you.
:overreact:
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

So....

Just to clarify for people-

I havent felt the need to activate yet because of my time constraints. If I activate and it's me, 2 other civs and 2 mafia left, town loses.

Oh, and I'm tempted to believe Mp on his claim. Welcome Mp!

I feel like Golden could very well be bad too, but I'm voting for Soneji because I think his popping in right before Sloonei said he was about to pull the trigger is a ponderface.

Still not feeling great about juliets yet either
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”