Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 4]

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Speaking of Mongoose, I look forward to her current thoughts.
DP - Flying too low, even for him. His attempts at being Under the Radar (if that's what he is doing) are becoming conspicuous. Ive played several games with him and even he isn't usually this vacant. I hope that with 6FU being over, he will return to us a bit.

I don't think lizzy is Trogdor as that is a big mistake to make. (i.e. announcing your respite and then not PM'ing in your hut choice). Daisy said there were missing PMs plural, so I don't think it's a solid case.

I'm still a bit leery on both BDH and Borok (but less so on Timmer).

I'm usually around a bit more during the day and for MP's lunch break but I was working curating all day and I only have access to intranet. I also taught the Excel class and was prepping for that.

Did you have any specific questions, MP?

linki w/Birdpants -- that's actually a really good theory about DP.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

I guess i should have let you answer for yourself MP. I was just trying to move the discussion along and I thought I had given the correct answer. I didn't actually check .
Whatever I did it doesn't make me bad anyway. What would I have gained? I thought I was just giving info that was already out there. The fact I was wrong and so easily proved to be wrong is the result of human frailty.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

I didn't read the above posts but all I can say is poealassllel idodnodntdno ndniniwnovnvntone ZLZoiziziiiyi ii ; i idnid nd in n kwn tihin k I ccldl dllca cacrrr rrr ror nowithotu ehahhrer :%/*:/.'755555 ö'ä:*(
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

Matt F wrote:
A Person wrote:I think she just means that she is suspicious of him but has nothing concrete like the lynch with Llama to prove/disprove her suspicions. I could be wrong but I am the resident Lizzy expert and can usually understand what she means. :srsnod:

This post is suspicious too. :eye:

Also, I will answer that huge post today at some point.
Yup, it is suspicious, how you keep answering for Lizzy.

Also, what's concrete about her case on Llama? Mere speculation, IMO.

Looking forward to your rebuttal, good sir! :jedi:
I think she's good and feel her posts are being misunderstood/twisted to mean something else. Also she's my friend. :smile:

It's concrete in that it's a specific event that can be examined and interpreted and tested and not a "MP's posts seem weird this game so I'll keep an eye on him" kind of thing. It could mean anything, but if he survives, I would assume that it's no mistake or coincidence. I like that is an idea based on something that happened in the game that still has no explanation.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Matt »

A Person wrote:I think she just means that she is suspicious of him but has nothing concrete like the lynch with Llama to prove/disprove her suspicions.
Actually, I just got this. You mean concrete based on Llama surviving the lynch.

So you agree that it's in the threads best interest to waste a lynch on an unlynchable baddie or a civvie?

Also, if you believe Llama is bad, then that means you must not trust MP or myself, who keeps saying that lynching Llama is a bad idea.

Simple if, then scenario. And if that's the case, I look forward to you voting for Llama, MP, or myself today, instead of doing your neutral.

If nothing else in this game, I am convinced Llama is a civvie. I will, as MP says, eat a hat if I'm wrong.

Linki times 10,000
Image Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:I didn't read the above posts but all I can say is poealassllel idodnodntdno ndniniwnovnvntone ZLZoiziziiiyi ii ; i idnid nd in n kwn tihin k I ccldl dllca cacrrr rrr ror nowithotu ehahhrer :%/*:/.'755555 ö'ä:*(
And you annihilate me in tennis regularly. :evileye:

linki - Yes, let's give the old chap a rest.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Some more of my thoughts and comments. Mine will be the ones in blue.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Crap, Snow Dog, I totally forgot to respond to your post. Sorry. I was reminded when I saw Matt F's posts asking my opinion of you.

Also, regarding llama, it makes no sense. I already went over how there were MANY options to explain why llama survived that lynch. Most are not nefarious, a fact I was stupid enough to ignore while I was continuing to run with my suspicion, but later realized.

This is why I think llama is most likely civvie. There are more civvie possibilities than baddie possibilities as to how he survived that lynch.

Interesting responses from Lizzy. Not out of character. I do think she could be Trogdor or a baddie, frankly.

Already commented on this. Moving on...

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Anyone find it interesting that perhaps my biggest defender, Devin, who is largely believed to be civvie (for good reason, if you don't believe me, re-read his posts), was killed last night, and NOW there's this huge movement against me?

Think about it.
If you are civ why are you pinged by my "defending" you.....if that was what it was. It wasn't but whatever.
I suppose the way you went about it set off my alarm bells, as if you were stepping in and trying to appease me, in a false sort of way. It's like keep your friends close and your enemies closer, if that makes sense. Also, I even admitted in thread that I should have thrown off to BDH; I didn't have to save myself. It pinged me in the same way Mongoose's post pinged me last day period when I thought she was just trying to tell me exactly what I wanted to hear.

Speaking of Mongoose, I look forward to her current thoughts.

No read yet on Snow Dog or Mongoose. I do think it was odd the way they responded to you in that incident. But nothing more than that with them. I tend to read both of them as civ every time they play.

Matt F wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Why are you feeling less certain of me, any reason?
Well, let me ask you...

What are your thoughts on Snowdog? I am pinged out of my mind based on his defense of you, and the only reason I let my susp of him die earlier, is because Devin claimed in the thread that "Yes, Snowdog is Civ :srsnod: " . Considering you believe Devin to be civ, and Llama believed Devin to be civ, and even I, myself, had a certain civ role for him if true...I took Devin at his word about Snowdog.

Then I think about way early in the game. You asking about info, Snowdog and Bullz saying "yup i got info", you saying "you guys must be civvie!".

Then I think about Bullz being rezzed. Apparently by Devin. And why? I dunno, no offense Bullz you're my bro from another mo, but I had no read on you before you died, I don't think anyone did really (did anyone?)...in fact, there was even a conversation about the poem player thinking you were bad...then presto chango Bullz was rezzed.

So here we are, all these names keep coming around together in different combinations...Bullz, Snowdog, Devin, MP.

Let me ask you, were you 100% certain that Devin was civvie? You can say without going into details if you were certain...were you?

Linki - I listened to her defense, Vomps, and didn't buy it personally. Speaking of which, gotta go quote another MP post about Lizzy right now...
As I've said previously, I will eat a friggin' hat if Devin was not a civvie. I am sure he was. I have no reason not to believe him; his behavior indicated civvieness to me and I know him quite well. The bandwagon against him and especially his subsequent untimely death absolutely confirmed it to me.

Now, as to why he supposedly rezzed Bullzeye, I keep wondering about that myself. It's the only thing about Devin's behavior that I haven't been able to figure out yet. It doesn't shake my confidence in my assessment though.

I have my eye on Bullzeye, but he hasn't given me too much of a reason to think he's baddie yet. He is a fantastic player all around though, so it's tough to tell. I have to say I had a pretty civvie read on him before he died; since then, it's more up in the air, but still probably leaning civvie.

As to Snow Dog, I really don't know. Snow Dog is one of those few players I have an extremely hard time reading (up there with BWT and S~V~S for me IMO) where they always read just "Snow Dog" (or just "BWT") to me. The difference between Snow Dog and BWT and S~V~S is that for some reason I always seem to be reading BWT and S~V~S as baddies and Snow Dog as a civvie. A few posts/votes Snow Dog has made have pinged me, and I keep going back and forth with him. I did think Snow Dog was civvie at the time he gave out info, you're correct, but my entire assessment of all of that has changed after I found out the Day 0 poll was an alignment-driven poll, thus making my early confidence in Snow Dog and Bullz's alignments moot.

In summary, I really have absolutely no idea on Snow Dog. I'm not sure I've been given much reason to distrust him yet, that said, and I don't think I'd feel comfortable voting for him today.

But he's hoodwinked me before and I've accidentally lynched him when he was civvie before, so it makes me a bit cautious in my reads one way or the other.

Lol we both read Snowy and SVS the same way every time. :P

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: You say you're feeling most strongly about Gleam. Take a look at the player list; are there any names that pop out to you as you having absolutely no read on them one way or the other and they haven't really been discussed?
Borrokuei and Leamiteo spring to mind. I haven't played with them before and I can't pronounce their names. I haven't too much discusion from/about them and I don't have any sense of their style or personality. DP has been flying under my radar this game too.
I've played with borrokuei and his style was pretty similar before. I've never played with Leamiteo but it seems pretty indicative of what interaction I have had with her. So nothing out of the ordinary for either of them.

However, they both could be baddies for all I know. Borrokuei has been really blendy, but I'm not sure if that means he has teammates or not. I do agree with Matt F that it's strange he keeps latching onto the general tide of the thread. I don't like that. Leamiteo is right in the category of I just have no idea. I'd guess Borrokuei to be bad before Leamiteo, but thanks for bringing both of them up. I'll be curious to see if anyone else has a read on either of these players (who hasn't said so already).

And I agree, DP is flying waaaaaaay low. Too much for my taste. I mean, I realize this game has been absolutely INSANE, but still, it's Day 4 now. At least a post containing at least something would be nice.
Borrok I have no clue on. I would certainly like to hear some of his own thoughts soon. Leamiteo I have no clue on, probably because she's new. I have a really hard time reading new players occasionally. And I know DP said he would be more active once SFU over on RM ended, but he was MUCH more active than I've ever seen him in any other game there. He said that he had a very light schedule over the next few months, so he would be around more. So it strikes me as really odd that we've heard practically NOTHING AT ALL from him over here. I will give him a bit more time to post some and catch up, but idk how much more. I've seen him go through multiple days in games simply because he doesn't post at all and people forget about him.

DP, if you see this, what are your current thoughts and suspicions?

Plenty more linki

Linki2: Matt, you son of a... :WTF:

Linki3: MONGOOSE WHAT THE?!?! :WTF:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Nice timing! Especially considering I just mentioned both of you specifically. Lol. I should go study, but I'll do that after I respond to both of you.

I'm starting to wonder if there is something to the AP case. I don't know. I still keep reading his posts as regular old Matt/AP. I honestly can't tell one way or the other. You know him just as well as I do, BWT; what's the thing that most seals it for you?

DP could definitely be Trogdor, that's true. It might even be more likely than Lizzy. I've seen DP be this quiet and every type of alignment though, so that alone can be difficult to tell.

Mongoose, what do you think about Lizzy being a baddie instead of Trogdor? I'm not totally sold on the case either, and I agree it would be silly, but I could see Lizzy doing it, and the fact that Trogdor didn't kill last night only leaves us with a few possibilities (as I went over earlier). I think what makes Lizzy look bad is that I could honestly see her being on either baddie team OR Trogdor. I'm not sold on that, but it seems likely nonetheless based on her behavior and voting record.

I have to admit I'm still leery on BDH as well. Borok is climbing up my suspicion ladder but I won't vote for him today (unless it's out of self-defense, but I doubt that scenario). I definitely want to hear from timmer.

What did you think of llama's evaluation of Gleam?

And no worries about not being around!

OH MY GOD THE LINKITIS!
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

A Person wrote:I think she's good and feel her posts are being misunderstood/twisted to mean something else. Also she's my friend. :smile:
Yes, but why do you think she's good? And don't forget to reply to my big post quoting you, I think BWT, among others, are awaiting your response before the lynch today.

Jeez louise linki
Image Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I didn't read the above posts but all I can say is poealassllel idodnodntdno ndniniwnovnvntone ZLZoiziziiiyi ii ; i idnid nd in n kwn tihin k I ccldl dllca cacrrr rrr ror nowithotu ehahhrer :%/*:/.'755555 ö'ä:*(
And you annihilate me in tennis regularly. :evileye:

linki - Yes, let's give the old chap a rest.
I have a feeling you'd win me at any game that required physical movement. :wine:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:I guess i should have let you answer for yourself MP. I was just trying to move the discussion along and I thought I had given the correct answer. I didn't actually check .
Whatever I did it doesn't make me bad anyway. What would I have gained? I thought I was just giving info that was already out there. The fact I was wrong and so easily proved to be wrong is the result of human frailty.
Don't worry about it, Snowie. I am far from crusading you as baddie, just keeping an eye on you is all.

Best post in a mafia game ever?

Alright, NOW I have to stop procrastinating. I'll be back later tonight to possibly vote (it's either tonight or at like 5:00AM tomorrow, ugh).
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

A Person wrote:
Matt F wrote:
A Person wrote:I think she just means that she is suspicious of him but has nothing concrete like the lynch with Llama to prove/disprove her suspicions. I could be wrong but I am the resident Lizzy expert and can usually understand what she means. :srsnod:

This post is suspicious too. :eye:

Also, I will answer that huge post today at some point.
Yup, it is suspicious, how you keep answering for Lizzy.

Also, what's concrete about her case on Llama? Mere speculation, IMO.

Looking forward to your rebuttal, good sir! :jedi:
I think she's good and feel her posts are being misunderstood/twisted to mean something else. Also she's my friend. :smile:

It's concrete in that it's a specific event that can be examined and interpreted and tested and not a "MP's posts seem weird this game so I'll keep an eye on him" kind of thing. It could mean anything, but if he survives, I would assume that it's no mistake or coincidence. I like that is an idea based on something that happened in the game that still has no explanation.
And you "think[ing] she's good and feel her posts are being misunderstood/twisted to mean something else" is certainly very concrete, isn't it?

Lizzy could be pulling the wool over your eyes, so the "she's my friend" defense never sits well with me. I remember trying to use that in one of my first games of mafia ever with MP. I figured since I knew him IRL, I would know fairly well if he was civvie or baddie. As many pointed out then, it's a very weak defense.

Unless I start to feel stronger about DP or Lizzy, you are fairly likely to get my vote today.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Matt F wrote:
A Person wrote:I think she's good and feel her posts are being misunderstood/twisted to mean something else. Also she's my friend. :smile:
Yes, but why do you think she's good? And don't forget to reply to my big post quoting you, I think BWT, among others, are awaiting your response before the lynch today.

Jeez louise linki
Because I don't think she's bad. I've forgot but that's a lot of typing and I'm slightly burnt out now.

also, vomps is drunk.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I think it's dangerous to presume that trogdeer didn't send a PM. There may be other reasons as MP pointed out. We don't know for certain how Daisy would present it. She wouldn't want to give evidence would she?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

A Person wrote:
Matt F wrote:

Jeez louise linki
Because I don't think she's bad. I've forgot but that's a lot of typing and I'm slightly burnt out now.
So no response to my post with quotes? Okey dokey.
Image Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Who didn't send in their hut PM last night?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Matt F wrote:So no response to my post with quotes? Okey dokey.
I will but it's really long and would take a long time to respond to.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Snow Dog wrote:Who didn't send in their hut PM last night?
I've not voted for a hut since I picked the town drunk's hut.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I didn't.

If I were targetted, surely Daisy would've said "Trogdor tried to kill Matt, but Matt's such a cool and sophisticated guy, it was a no go".

Anyway, I no longer believe Lizzy is Trogdor. DP could very well possibly be, since he wasn't around either when Trogdor didn't kill.

I believe Lizzy is on a team with A Person.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

A Person wrote:
Not really. I asked a few questions, all you gotta do is give a few answers. But I get it. Take some time with your team, formulate a plan, and get back to me. ;)
Image Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Ehhh?

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose, what do you think about Lizzy being a baddie instead of Trogdor? I'm not totally sold on the case either, and I agree it would be silly, but I could see Lizzy doing it, and the fact that Trogdor didn't kill last night only leaves us with a few possibilities (as I went over earlier). I think what makes Lizzy look bad is that I could honestly see her being on either baddie team OR Trogdor. I'm not sold on that, but it seems likely nonetheless based on her behavior and voting record.
Why Lizzy instead of DP for Trogdor? As for if I think she is a Teen Girl or Blue Laser, I only re-read her with Trogdor in mind, and that character has way different M.O.s. I can read even Vompers better than her (The Shining, whatwhat), but I am not sure. Only that we are always going to over-scrutinize her in a post-Thomas world.

I'm doing a lot to get the library (the haunted one) ready for Monday, so even though it looks like I am lurking, I won't be around 100% of the time. I'll respond to any questions though as soon as I can.

Linki - Mother of pearl y'all.

I totally mean chess, Vompers. I just had a big scare here at the library and it's got me rattled ha.

Linki Matt F - I think the chances of Other Matt and Lizzy being on a team would be as likely as Lizzy and Vomp being on a team. Statistically, I mean. Well obviously that would be true mathwise. Mathhurt. Why you guys want my opinion escapes me. Hippopotamus
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Matt F wrote:
I didn't.

If I were targetted, surely Daisy would've said "Trogdor tried to kill Matt, but Matt's such a cool and sophisticated guy, it was a no go".

Anyway, I no longer believe Lizzy is Trogdor. DP could very well possibly be, since he wasn't around either when Trogdor didn't kill.

I believe Lizzy is on a team with A Person.
I don't think she would. It would give away too much.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Have you and MP ever been on a team together?

I'm going somewhere with this...probably.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Matt F wrote:
A Person wrote:
Not really. I asked a few questions, all you gotta do is give a few answers. But I get it. Take some time with your team, formulate a plan, and get back to me. ;)
They're currently drafting something up right now, I've never been good with words :(
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Mongoose wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

They have. With me too, once.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

A Person, it would be so much better if you would let Lizzie respond instead of responding for her. By responding for her you are leading me to think you are in bts and talking about what she means by what she's written. To me, it makes it look like Lizzie is too weak to respond for herself so someone has to do it for her.

I understand that you are friends but you have to separate friendship from the game. SVS is a very dear friend and so are Kate and LT but I would never answer a question for them in the game thread. They would be horrified.

I'm just worried about your actions right now, and worried about Lizzie not being civv either.

linki: I do know you're joking in your post...I think
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Mongoose wrote:Linki Matt F - I think the chances of Other Matt and Lizzy being on a team would be as likely as Lizzy and Vomp being on a team. Statistically, I mean. Well obviously that would be true mathwise. Mathhurt. Why you guys want my opinion escapes me. Hippopotamus
How so? What's the difference, statistically, between Other Matt and Lizzy being on a team and say, you and I being on a team?

Linki - Hahaha A Person. When your team kills me, be sure to make it quick and painless, k?

Linki holy moley!!!
Image Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Mongoose wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Ehhh?
That was just in response to me getting linkitis 3 times before I could post. :P
Mongoose wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

We have before, yes. How come? And was there supposed to be a quote from me in there?

Lots of lovely, laughable linky.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: I don't understand any of the talk about Lizzie and Thomas
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote:EBWOP: I don't understand any of the talk about Lizzie and Thomas
Lizzy totally steamrolled us with her baddiness in the Thomas game. It was pretty much a surprise to everyone but Simon, who is the world's most astute 6-year-old.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mongoose wrote:
juliets wrote:EBWOP: I don't understand any of the talk about Lizzie and Thomas
Lizzy totally steamrolled us with her baddiness in the Thomas game. It was pretty much a surprise to everyone but Simon, who is the world's most astute 6-year-old.
ohhhh now I understand ty

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:

We have before, yes. How come? And was there supposed to be a quote from me in there?
There may have been a quote from you? There didn't need to be though.

BWT & Snowy:

You know how you have this epiphany but then when you start explaining it to someone, you realize you sound like a total dumba**? That's all that just happened to me.

I was going to make this big groundbreaking poignant statement about how uncommon it would be for any of our sets of IRL friends to be on a BTS team together, but then after a redoubled math check, I realized that was completely bogus.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Mongoose and MP

Thoughts on A Person's refusal to comment on my quoted post?

Gotta get ready for work soon, will still be around for about 30.
Image Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Matt F wrote:It occurs to me that since A Person keeps voting himself, he could be an unlynchable civvie or unlynchable baddie. It also occurs to me by constantly voting for himself, and voicing no opinions, he can't be tied back with anyone who has been lynched/NK/whatever.
Generally, I like to keep quiet, I tried the helpful civ thing this time though. Usually for me a self vote means I'm throwing my vote away, but I can't prove that so I guess it's pointless to defend it.
First, I'm going to jump ahead to the other day after Hedge was lynched...
A Person wrote:RIP Hedge, I personally never doubted your civness :(
Looking through your posts, there is not one post you made saying this before the lynch. Not one. So, if this is true, why didn't you defend Hedge in thread? And if it's not true, then why did you say this after Hedge was lynched?
I didn't say anything because I didn't think there was anything to say. I also didn't vote for her but that doesn't prove I'm good either. I generally don't acknowledge people dying in the game but I tried to that time.
Day 1, when Elo was in the running to get lynched...
A Person wrote:I decided to vote for myself because many people are tied with 3 votes and i don't want to accidentally pick one randomly and kill them.
I notice there was one person who voted after you, and I believe some missed the vote Day 1, right? Seeing as how there was a chance Elo could get more votes, I see why you wouldn't want to get involved.
I guess that would make sense, but as I said before, I self/random vote when I don't want my vote to count towards anything.
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:NOOOOOOOOO DON'T VOTE FOR LIZZY!111 :overreact:
I won't k :)
A Person wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:A Person, what are your thoughts?
As far as current discussion goes, I'm not getting a baddie vibe from Lizzy. I would agree she seems different lately, but she seems slightly different every game. I assume part of it because she has been sick/away lately and hasn't had the time/energy to devote to the game like she has in previous ones, but otherwise I don't feel like her style is any different. I also don't think she'd play the same card twice and be purposely transparent again so soon.
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
juliets wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Stop this madness at once! :overreact:
What are you referring to Vomps?
The Lizzy bandwagon k
ture :'(
So, first you tell Vomps you won't vote Lizzy, that was about a week ago.

Then you defend Lizzy to MP. Saying she's different but she's different all the time, then giving a reason why she might be different this game. Well if she's different in every game, why give a reason for her being different this game?
No particular reason, really, other than seeing people misinterpret something I know is wrong, but that proves nothing either way.
Then agree with Vomps on "bandwagoning" Lizzy.

And now defending her honor to me, as well.

So, you have no opinions this game, A Person, you've said several times, but you must think Lizzy is civvie? What makes you think so? Specifically?
I don't have any reason to other than the fact that I think she's not bad, if she is she's doing a good job.
On top of all that, there was your Trogdor idea about a 1000 pages back, which Llama pounced on you for. Now suddenly, you agree with Lizzy that Llama is someone good to look at? I'm glad you finally found your voice this game, A Person!
I don't personally think he's bad, but I do think it's one of the better ideas in the game.
Snowdog, if you don't mind, I'm going to move my Smiley War over to A Person and Lizzy. :)

Btw, not to say I think A Person should get lynched this time around. I don't think that would help at all. But Lizzy's a good bet IMO.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Matt F wrote:Mongoose and MP

Thoughts on A Person's refusal to comment on my quoted post?

Gotta get ready for work soon, will still be around for about 30.
That seems like an awfully big slipup for him to make. I'm guessing he was being sardonic, but I don't know for certain what that was about.

linki - Oop, yeah there he is.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

It's not uncommon for sure. I'm surprised that MP and I have only had BTSC together once. But it's happened. I don't have BTSC with him in this game however. I'm just leaning civvie on him for now is all.

Unless of course he's duped me completely. In which case, congrats MP!

Linki

Linki again with Mongoose and A Person. Will read AP's response after I get this post through.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

juliets wrote:A Person, it would be so much better if you would let Lizzie respond instead of responding for her. By responding for her you are leading me to think you are in bts and talking about what she means by what she's written. To me, it makes it look like Lizzie is too weak to respond for herself so someone has to do it for her.

I understand that you are friends but you have to separate friendship from the game. SVS is a very dear friend and so are Kate and LT but I would never answer a question for them in the game thread. They would be horrified.

I'm just worried about your actions right now, and worried about Lizzie not being civv either.

linki: I do know you're joking in your post...I think
That's probably ture, I generally don't stop to think about how my posts will be interpreted. I'm just trying this posting a lot thing.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

AP, I still don't see much that's concrete in there.

I appreciate you explaining why you prefer to self-vote. That makes sense to me. But you keep throwing things out like "No particular reason, BUT I see people misinterpreting..." or "I don't have a reason to..." or "I don't personally think he's bad, BUT..."

It's continued statements like that that don't make me think you have civvie interests in mind.

Linki: You might want to start taking that into account (if you are civvie).
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

EBWOP: What I'm implying is that, in the last post I quoted you in, you mentioned feeling a certain way about llama because of"something concrete" that happened in the game. But your feelings on Lizzy are entirely based on your own interpretations and the fact that she's your friend. And that seems like a double standard to me.

Heck, look at what MP said earlier. We're best friends IRL and he almost always reads me as a baddie in every game we play. Hence why I'm calling bull on you.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

AP in dead red

Generally, I like to keep quiet, I tried the helpful civ thing this time though. Usually for me a self vote means I'm throwing my vote away, but I can't prove that so I guess it's pointless to defend it.

How is it helpful to avoid all lynches thus far, and not have any opinions on anyone...except for Lizzy, of course.

I didn't say anything because I didn't think there was anything to say. I also didn't vote for her but that doesn't prove I'm good either. I generally don't acknowledge people dying in the game but I tried to that time.

So, you say you never doubted Hedge's civvieness, but you couldn't be bothered with saying so in the thread? As you put it, there was nothing for you to say.

I guess that would make sense, but as I said before, I self/random vote when I don't want my vote to count towards anything.

So you guess it makes sense, avoiding the Elo vote? It almost seems like you've given up here.

No particular reason, really, other than seeing people misinterpret something I know is wrong, but that proves nothing either way.

What are people misinterpreting? Feel free to elaborate, though I admit right now I have the tunnel vision, surely others might believe you if you elaborate.

I don't have any reason to other than the fact that I think she's not bad, if she is she's doing a good job.

No reason? Just "Lizzy aint bad". K

I don't personally think he's bad, but I do think it's one of the better ideas in the game.

:huh:

This is contradictory. You don't think Llama is bad, but you think Lizzy's idea to lynch Llama is one of the better ideas of the game.

?

Linki
Image Image Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

Has anyone considered Timmer as a prospect for Trogdor? He's been out of town, possible missing pm? No, I don't believe in the missing pm theory.

I think that whoever was supposed to die, had a protection of some kind, or trogdor was blocked.

But I still think timmer, dp, or dfaraday could fit the bill for a lone killer.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

AP Matt, if you are good, pleeeease defend yourself. I know you don't being an aggressive player, but it's not going to help the civs if we lose you (assuming you are good). Give 'em the old Dog & Pony Show and throw up some jazz hands at the end. If you are bad, then just continue ;)

I just hate to see you get lynched a civ again when/cause your playstyle is so unique.

Linki w/ Matahari: I think Timmer and DP are better candidates than Lizzy. I hadn't thought about DFaraday. He's been dropping in just enough so that we won't super notice his absence, but I don't know how active he usually is in other games.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I think both DP and Timmer are good ideas for Trogdor.

FYI, I do not believe Lizzy is Trogdor, not anymore and despite that being the reason I voted for her.
Image Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I had completely forgotten that DFaraday was playing (now the second time I've done that). I could see a possibility of him being Trogdor for sure.

Timmer I'm less sure about. I know he's out of town, but he's still posting a bit ever now and then (nowhere near as much as I'd like). I've noticed sometimes that baddie Timmer tends to be a bit quieter and can use RL as a way to hide his baddiness. So I would lean more toward him possibly being bad or a civvie that is too busy to post for now. I'd prefer to wait until he gets back home and can post a bit more regularly before I get too critical with him however.

Linki: Is there a reason you do not believe Lizzy is Trogdor anymore, Matt? Or did you already explain why and I just missed it?
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Matt F wrote:AP in dead red

How is it helpful to avoid all lynches thus far, and not have any opinions on anyone...except for Lizzy, of course.
It's probably not.

So, you say you never doubted Hedge's civvieness, but you couldn't be bothered with saying so in the thread? As you put it, there was nothing for you to say.
ture

So you guess it makes sense, avoiding the Elo vote? It almost seems like you've given up here.
Your argument would make sense if I were bad, I just don't think I'm going to change your belief by stating differently.

What are people misinterpreting? Feel free to elaborate, though I admit right now I have the tunnel vision, surely others might believe you if you elaborate.
IIRC she already posted about how she felt misinterpreted/ignored, but that post didn't seem to get much attention I think.

No reason? Just "Lizzy aint bad". K
basically

:huh:

This is contradictory. You don't think Llama is bad, but you think Lizzy's idea to lynch Llama is one of the better ideas of the game.

?
yes, I'd like to find out if he dies or not. It's certainly a mystery how he survived.
Linki
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Linki: Is there a reason you do not believe Lizzy is Trogdor anymore, Matt? Or did you already explain why and I just missed it?
I believe she and A Person are on a baddie team together.

Linki - Okey dokey A Person. I already made my vote.

Anywho, gotta get ready for work. Peace!
Image Image Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

Mongoose wrote:AP Matt, if you are good, pleeeease defend yourself. I know you don't being an aggressive player, but it's not going to help the civs if we lose you (assuming you are good). Give 'em the old Dog & Pony Show and throw up some jazz hands at the end. If you are bad, then just continue ;)

I just hate to see you get lynched a civ again when/cause your playstyle is so unique.

Linki w/ Matahari: I think Timmer and DP are better candidates than Lizzy. I hadn't thought about DFaraday. He's been dropping in just enough so that we won't super notice his absence, but I don't know how active he usually is in other games.
Mongoose, I know comparisons to other games are not foolproof, but I think it's helpful to know and combine with other thread stuff. So I look at that too. I've noticed that dfaraday does most of his posting later in the evening, and I won't swear to this, but he keeps it simple as a civ. If he gets mentioned earlier in the day, and he shows up soon after, I worry.

But again, that is just the experience I've had in games with him, and I'm sure other players with more experience, might be able to tell me a thing or two. And either way, I would want more to go on before I would consider a vote there. I hope other players will give their two cents on whether they think he would be a possible option for Trog.

BWT- interesting point on timmer. I'm thinking he said his vacation was over in four days, and that was a couple days back, so maybe he'll be more active soon.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by timmer »

I just got home from holidays about an hour ago. Let me get everyone settled and the kids to bed and later tonight Operation Readback will commence!
My siggie.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sounds good, timmer! I look forward to seeing what you come up with in your re-read!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I look forward to seeing what timmer and any other players have to contribute. I have to be awake at 4AM tomorrow so that I can drive with some co-workers up to Columbus for an all-day conference, so it's going to be a long day. For that reason, I'm going to have to vote before I leave (won't have my work laptop or anything, and even if I did, I'm sure I'd be too busy), but I decided I'm going to wait until the morning to pop in here because I want to see what other discussion takes place first, and I want to mull over the options. I still don't feel there's that particularly strong of an option swaying me strongly towards any one or even two players over others...

AP, one question for you though. Consider all the different possibilities as to how llama survived the lynch. Do you truly believe it to be in the civvies' best interest to give llama the most votes?

Return to “Previous Jobs”