GAME OVER: BLUE vs. RED

Moderator: Community Team

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 150

Re: Day 3- BLUE vs. RED

Post by DrWilgy »

I can see a scenario where Epi was attempting to distance from DF, but wasn't expecting for more votes to go that way last cycle.

I'd like to lynch DF still.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 329

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:I can see a scenario where Epi was attempting to distance from DF, but wasn't expecting for more votes to go that way last cycle.

A scenario that would require a few things to be true:

1. I'm bad.
2. I would kill Eloh Night 1.
3. I don't know how to distance from a teammate well.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I can see a scenario where Epi was attempting to distance from DF, but wasn't expecting for more votes to go that way last cycle.

A scenario that would require a few things to be true:

1. I'm bad.
2. I would kill Eloh Night 1.
3. I don't know how to distance from a teammate well.
1. That's easy, all you'd have to do is be a teammate of JoH and receive a card stating "You're bad!"
2. That's also easy, all you'd have to do is send a message to the host.
3. Everyone makes mistakes.

In my head, we've hit a point where you not being bad is harder to believe due to the ammount of "hey look I'm so civvy because of these simple reasons!!"

Why were you killed instead of FZ Epi?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

*weren't

That was supposed to say weren't.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:Why were you killed instead of FZ Epi?
wut
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't know. Ask Jack.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:In my head, we've hit a point where you not being bad is harder to believe due to the ammount of "hey look I'm so civvy because of these simple reasons!!"
I don't believe you genuinely believe this.

DrWilgy
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
wut
If you are so confirmed civvy, why did FZ die? Several were still suspect of her.

And what leads you to that? Why is that hard to believe?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

He said he was killing me. :pout: I waited all night for it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:In my head, we've hit a point where you not being bad is harder to believe due to the ammount of "hey look I'm so civvy because of these simple reasons!!"

DrWilgy
I am on board with that. I've been looking back over things, and I get more bad vibes than good from Wilgy's "all the jokes" playstyle.

DrWilgy
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

DrWilgy
I am on board with that. I've been looking back over things, and I get more bad vibes than good from Wilgy's "all the jokes" playstyle.

DrWilgy
Boo! Weeeaaaak!!
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
wut
If you are so confirmed civvy, why did FZ die? Several were still suspect of her.

I am confirmed. Some people just don't agree. :grin:

I don't think the mafia knew that by killing Eloh Night 1, they would create that circumstance, and I didn't harp on it until this Day.

Killing FZ. is textbook Mafia strategy 101: Nobody was going to lynch FZ, were they?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

DrWilgy

DrWilgy
Boo! Weeeaaaak!!
:shrug: We can't all be Brian Shaw.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:

DrWilgy
Remember Vocaroo where you killed me when I was rightly suspicious of you? I'm noticing a trend :grin:
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
wut

I don't think the mafia knew that by killing Eloh Night 1, they would create that circumstance, and I didn't harp on it until this Day.

Killing FZ. is textbook Mafia strategy 101: Nobody was going to lynch FZ, were they?
1. Clearly
2. Why harp on it then? You acknowledge it is solely WIFOM yes?
3. Was anyone going to lynch you? SVS, a civ, pointed out "someone was trying to frame Epi" meaning the thought of you being civ was already there if the mafia had been watching the interaction.
Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

DrWilgy

DrWilgy
Boo! Weeeaaaak!!
:shrug: We can't all be Brian Shaw.
What my point is LC, I have moved well past joking around and if you can't take that into analysis while voting for me, it's a weak vote.

Baddie comp at the moment is JoH, DF, Sawyer, Epi/LC
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Day 1- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Epignosis »

Opinions on these Day 1 MacPosts® pretty please:
MacDougall wrote:Lynch jackofhearts team and we will be sitting pretty.
MacDougall wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I don't think I'v played with Jack of Hearts before, but I'm finding him annoying. He apologized for not being "entertaining" enough. Entertainment is not the goal of the game, boyo. Finding baddies is. Take the snark down a notch, why don't you, and answer me this:

Who are looking at voting today and why?
I know this post was accidentally aimed at me but I'll answer anyway.

We were in Unfortunate Events together but you got lynched on Day 1.

If I had a day kill that I had to use this second, I'd shoot Mac. Three seconds in and he's sure I'm scum? Never played with him before so his certainty is either a bluff or a lie (depending on his alignment and if he's bad, how many scum he thinks exist outside his group). Plenty of townies are jokingly certain of scum on Day 1 but with two posts about it, I get the impression he isn't joking. Some townies can act really certain on Day 1 when they actually just have a hunch. Don't know Mac's meta to know if he plays that type of a townie game or if he's just looking for a mislynch or to look like he's contributing.

I'm not actually planning on voting for Mac, though. I'm planning on voting for whoever pings me enough that I want to lead a lynch or my top suspect that is getting enough votes to make them lynchable. (I don't vote third party very often cause I want my vote to matter.) I don't know who that is, yet, but I'll let you know.
Why you seem so bad then?
MacDougall wrote:Who said I was certain? I am more confident in my little read on you than anyone else seems to be on anything and you aren't gonna lynch yourself so might as well get a wagon cooking on someone. Why not Pingy McStrangepost himself?

A fool would be certain given such little evidence.
n.b. the colored text.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

1. Clearly
2. Why harp on it then? You acknowledge it is solely WIFOM yes?
3. Was anyone going to lynch you? SVS, a civ, pointed out "someone was trying to frame Epi" meaning the thought of you being civ was already there if the mafia had been watching the interaction.
[/quote][/quote]

2. Because. Nope.
3. I came into Day 3 taking two votes right out of the gate. I ain't having none of that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Damn stray tags.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Marmot, what is your current read on me?

Regarding Mac, there's only one time I've seen him go super hard on a teammate and that was Monkey Island. I don't think his day 1 w/Jack was teammate indicative.

Now, I have damn near stopped paying attention to him due to this recently and I may need to double take. I do know that we may have similar thoughts.

Linki-
2. Well you are wrong
3. So is the scenario that both players that voted for you are bad and missed that framing interaction with you?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: 3. So is the scenario that both players that voted for you are bad and missed that framing interaction with you?
3. Not necessarily.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Actually, I guess Mac did bus LC in talking heads, but LC wanted out of that game. It also wasn't right out of the gate.

Linki - 3. So you want me to see the following -
"It's not wierd that Epi is more alive than FZ right now even though he's a 'confirmed' civvie. It's not wierd that Epi wouldn't have been killed after Eloh because a confirmed civvie (SVS) stated that it was a frame (which implies civvynes). It's not wierd that the players voting for Epi now, missed that interaction, which was a decent bit of what the person we lynched yesterday said."
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:Actually, I guess Mac did bus LC in talking heads, but LC wanted out of that game. It also wasn't right out of the gate.

"It's not wierd that Epi is more alive than FZ right now even though he's a 'confirmed' civvie. It's not wierd that Epi wouldn't have been killed after Eloh because a confirmed civvie (SVS) stated that it was a frame (which implies civvynes). It's not wierd that the players voting for Epi now, missed that interaction, which was a decent bit of what the person we lynched yesterday said."
I don't care about something being weird.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

You should when wierd can translate to baddie indicative. Are you toing to not care about that?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:You should when wierd can translate to baddie indicative. Are you toing to not care about that?
No.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:You should when wierd can translate to baddie indicative. Are you toing to not care about that?
No.
M'kay then.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

"Toing"?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:"Toing"?
going
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote:Lynch jackofhearts team and we will be sitting pretty.
True. Overconfident.
MacDougall wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I don't think I'v played with Jack of Hearts before, but I'm finding him annoying. He apologized for not being "entertaining" enough. Entertainment is not the goal of the game, boyo. Finding baddies is. Take the snark down a notch, why don't you, and answer me this:

Who are looking at voting today and why?
I know this post was accidentally aimed at me but I'll answer anyway.

We were in Unfortunate Events together but you got lynched on Day 1.

If I had a day kill that I had to use this second, I'd shoot Mac. Three seconds in and he's sure I'm scum? Never played with him before so his certainty is either a bluff or a lie (depending on his alignment and if he's bad, how many scum he thinks exist outside his group). Plenty of townies are jokingly certain of scum on Day 1 but with two posts about it, I get the impression he isn't joking. Some townies can act really certain on Day 1 when they actually just have a hunch. Don't know Mac's meta to know if he plays that type of a townie game or if he's just looking for a mislynch or to look like he's contributing.

I'm not actually planning on voting for Mac, though. I'm planning on voting for whoever pings me enough that I want to lead a lynch or my top suspect that is getting enough votes to make them lynchable. (I don't vote third party very often cause I want my vote to matter.) I don't know who that is, yet, but I'll let you know.
Why you seem so bad then?
If he's good: The coloured parts make sense, because it's a baddie talking about a Civvie. Jack knows Mac is Civ so doesn't want to lead the lynch that way with a big OMGUS vote.

If he's bad: Jack is distancing as much as he can without actually voting Mac to put him in danger.

Mac's response sentence feels more scripted than natural.
MacDougall wrote:Who said I was certain? I am more confident in my little read on you than anyone else seems to be on anything and you aren't gonna lynch yourself so might as well get a wagon cooking on someone. Why not Pingy McStrangepost himself?

If he's good: This looks pretty legit

If he's bad: He accuses while simultaneously suggesting it's foolish to believe it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
going
Thanks... I couldn't lose the 't'. "Toying"? "Towing"? "Toting"? "Totalling"??
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:Actually, I guess Mac did bus LC in talking heads, but LC wanted out of that game. It also wasn't right out of the gate.

I just needed to be reminded of certain truths.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
going
Thanks... I couldn't lose the 't'. "Toying"? "Towing"? "Toting"? "Totalling"??
Totes.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:

If he's bad: He accuses while simultaneously suggesting it's foolish to believe it.
In that last post, it seems like MacDougall is throwing in the towel trying to get his biggest suspect lynched...before he's actually done anything in earnest to get people to vote Jack.

Am I reading that incorrectly?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Have you ever expected Mac to do anything earnestly?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:Have you ever expected Mac to do anything earnestly?
Good point.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Night 1- BLUE vs. RED

Post by Epignosis »

I turn my attention now to Floyd.
TheFloyd73 wrote:I'll bear the blame for missing the poll, I don't really have much of an excuse apart from being too engaged in my education.

Great voting guys. Man, Scotty's pic of a putrid, mutated creature makes me squeamish. It's not usually moral to lynch someone for posting an image, but this time it's justified.
notsawyer540 wrote:So is Ted Cruz dead or do we have to lynch him day 2? It says "he is" in the post where it says "he was" for Assange. So I'm assuming he have to lynch Jack next.
:nicenod:
Note the nod. What is he nodding at? I can only conclude it is in response to "So I'm assuming he have to lynch Jack next."
TheFloyd73 wrote:I know any excuse for low posting is going to be held against me, so I won't bother exclaiming one.

From my brief reads, I can take this:
As already stated, Wilgy lost his usual cherpiness when Jack's role was revealed. That's a subtle detail that's well-pointed out. I don't feel implied to label him as scum at this stage, but I'm open to any change.
With Jack's role revealed, I can understand the benefits of lynching and not lynching him. When I have the time, I might investigate his associations and statements before Night 1.
Heck, Long Con holds a strong stance of being the interrogator. It makes it difficult to assume his alliance. I've seen it in other games as well. I know I'm probably stating the obvious, but doesn't anyone else think likewise with me?
In his next post (his fifth), the underlined occurs.

Floyd appeared enthusiastic about voting for Jack Day 2, but then said he could see benefit of leaving him alone. Then Floyd said he might do some work, but didn't deliver (hell, didn't even vote).

A minor thing, sure, but I'm combing for whatever I can find.

I also note that Floyd's only other interaction with anybody was with Eloh.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Have MacDougall and jack played together before?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote:Have MacDougall and jack played together before?
:shrug:

You ignoring me Marmot?
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:
:shrug:

You ignoring me Marmot?
Nope, I must have missed your question. :mafia:

I'm neutral on you. I tend to associate concerted effort from you with your civilian playstyle, but I also know that can't always be the case.

At this moment, I would not vote for you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I believe they have not played together.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I don't like the cut of this jackofhearts character's jib. Voting there.
Well I don't like that your avatar is what you'd get if Diablo fucked a sharptooth.

But I don't vote for stupid reason. :keys:
My question about Jack and Mac playing together.

This is their first interaction in this game, and possibly even ever. Jack doesn't strike me as particularly brash (his posts after his reveal aside), yet he responded to a player who is with a flippant post like this.

Smells fishy to me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

After reviewing MacDougall's posts and checking some time stamps, I'm not going to vote for him today.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:After reviewing MacDougall's posts and checking some time stamps, I'm not going to vote for him today.
Why time stamps?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote:
Epignosis wrote:After reviewing MacDougall's posts and checking some time stamps, I'm not going to vote for him today.
Why time stamps?
The timing of posts in relation to other posts can provide clues. Circumstantial clues, but clues nonetheless.

See how long it took me to respond to you? I might have had to think about what to say. :dark:
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 36

Post by FZ. »

Well, so much for my great com back game :rolleyes:

Apparently, I'm such a civ, that no one would lynch me :noble:

SVS, sorry for voting you out. Like I said, I hate it when I lynch a civ. Makes me feel more bad than getting NK
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 62

Post by S~V~S »

:hugs:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 102

Post by MacDougall »

Cash me outside how bow dah.

Stop voting for Wilgy he is gud.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:

In that last post, it seems like MacDougall is throwing in the towel trying to get his biggest suspect lynched...before he's actually done anything in earnest to get people to vote Jack.

It sounds like you guys are just struggling to believe I am this good at Mafia.
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Going to place a vote on Jack for now.

Mac's also in my sights as potential scum. Although Swayer's perspectives on him could have been dictated more coherently (but heck, this is coming from me), I believe they extrude a real point.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TheFloyd73 wrote:Going to place a vote on Jack for now.

Mac's also in my sights as potential scum. Although Swayer's perspectives on him could have been dictated more coherently (but heck, this is coming from me), I believe they extrude a real point.
:rolleyes:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:

It sounds like you guys are just struggling to believe I am this good at Mafia.
If you can't persuade others to vote for your man, then no, you're not that good.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote:I don't know. Ask Jack.
Cause I like playing mafia with Epi. :grin:

We were never gonna kill LC, btw. I got drunk and forgot we were scummates.

I wanted to kill DF just to screw with the town but mafia 101, we had to kill DZ.

Return to “Previous Heists”