Moderator: Community Team

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 150

Re: Day 3- BLUE vs. RED

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I feel like there is zero rational thought taking place in this thread right now. Zero.
That makes you wrong again. Stop being wrong Epi.
That's my feeling. Feelings aren't wrong.
Mark it as such. Feeling and rational are too very different things.

Can you not rationalize Marmots suspicion of you? Seemed pretty clear to me.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I feel like there is zero rational thought taking place in this thread right now. Zero.
That makes you wrong again. Stop being wrong Epi.
That's my feeling. Feelings aren't wrong.
Mark it as such. Feeling and rational are too very different things.

Can you not rationalize Marmots suspicion of you? Seemed pretty clear to me.
Nvm, I'm an idiot
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 179

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
notsawyer540 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't know. I'm not counting.
I wish I had been. It's quite a few, and iirc it hasn't been the confirmed baddie at all.
So moving my vote around a lot means I'm bad. Got it. :rolleyes:
I quite like that you're moving you vote a lot. If nothing else, it has increased discussion. Sawyer is bad and just looking for flimsy things to pin on you.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 329

Post by Epignosis »

So people think I would kill Eloh Night 1, and now MM thinks that when I'm bad, I'm more likely to forget things.

Mad house up in here.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis had a civilian read of Quin here.
Epignosis wrote:Quin raised the idea that I was partners with FZ. for defending her. I don't think Quin would do that and then kill FZ. For that and other reasons, I think Quin is a civilian.
Then had a lengthy interaction with him spoiled below.
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Also, my team is Epi, LC, Marmot and Quin.
One of these 4 are bad.
This is why we needed to lynch Jack yesterday. People are reading into the WIFOM of the confirmed baddie. Its different to reading into suspects.
All it takes is the presence of mind to

FUCKING IGNORE HIM
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Quin raised the idea that I was partners with FZ. for defending her. I don't think Quin would do that and then kill FZ. For that and other reasons, I think Quin is a civilian.
But would Epignosis kill the potential teammate I pointed out to get me off his back? :ponder:
Would he?
He would. Did he though?
I would? What evidence do you have to suggest I would ever recommend murdering my own teammate?
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
But would Epignosis kill the potential teammate I pointed out to get me off his back? :ponder:
Would he?
He would. Did he though?
I would? What evidence do you have to suggest I would ever recommend murdering my own teammate?
Not your actual teammate :sigh:

My point is, FZ. was town, and if you're bad, I don't think it's unrealistic that you'd kill her to put me at ease after I considered you two might have BTSC.
Oh.

I would have killed FZ. except for the fact that I was the one vouching for her. Nobody else was, so I might've left her alone and tried to get her lynched (tough to do, by the way, but I like the challenge). But yeah, I would've killed her, sure.

But none of that would be to try to put you at ease. I fear you not.
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote: Not even once I've put on my big boy pants?
You need a better avatar. Look at mine.
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:That was a serious question, by the way. I don't think you'd strategise your mafia game around how to appease me. I don't have much influence and I might be the only one who saw what I saw.
So it was a serious question?
And suddenly forgot Quin is in the game.
Epignosis wrote:I took my vote off of Wilgy and placed it on MM.

And I forgot Quin was even in this.

There's only 13 players left in the game, so I find it hard to believe you forgot that Quin was in it, considering your interactions with him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

llama, what do you make of MM naming me his top suspect for forgetting about Quin?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm moving my vote to Metalmarsh89 for no reason.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Back to the question though, can you non-feeling, rationalize Marmot's suspicion?

What about Sawyer? Is his suspicion and though process have rational thought behind it?

Epi, how long have you been playing mafia with Eloh?
Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:llama, what do you make of MM naming me his top suspect for forgetting about Quin?
I personally find it hard to believe anyone really suspects you. Of all the people in the game, I think I suspect you least. Doesn't make Metalmarsh89 bad, but I think he's wrong.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:So people think I would kill Eloh Night 1, and now MM thinks that when I'm bad, I'm more likely to forget things.

Mad house up in here.
Hardly.

I've made such comments like that before when I'm mafia, the one where you said "Oh, I forgot Quin was playing".

You were jonesing hard for a mafia game to get going, and you've been a driving force for discussion in this game. I don't believe that you forgot that Quin was in this game. I believe you felt like naming a player without offering a stance on him, a stance you had determined in the previous day phase already.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

And I think a lot of people in here are using the word "rational" when what they really mean is "logical."

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:llama, what do you make of MM naming me his top suspect for forgetting about Quin?
I personally find it hard to believe anyone really suspects you. Of all the people in the game, I think I suspect you least. Doesn't make Metalmarsh89 bad, but I think he's wrong.
Does it make me bad?
Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Does it make me bad?
Only the role handed out to you by the host makes you bad.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote:And I think a lot of people in here are using the word "rational" when what they really mean is "logical."
aren't they synonymous?
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Do you find my case hard to believe, or Epignosis being mafia hard to believe?

Linki: noooooo

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Marmot wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Do you find my case hard to believe, or Epignosis being mafia hard to believe?

Linki: noooooo
I find your case unconvincing, not hard to believe.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Does it make me bad?
You know what I meant you sassy Llama. You stated that MM's suspicion on Epi doesn't make him bad (meaning it's not a baddie tell). Is my suspicion on Epi a baddie tell?

linki - a shame the stupid is seeping out of me today then...
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote:
Epignosis wrote:So people think I would kill Eloh Night 1, and now MM thinks that when I'm bad, I'm more likely to forget things.

Mad house up in here.
Hardly.

I've made such comments like that before when I'm mafia, the one where you said "Oh, I forgot Quin was playing".

You were jonesing hard for a mafia game to get going, and you've been a driving force for discussion in this game. I don't believe that you forgot that Quin was in this game. I believe you felt like naming a player without offering a stance on him, a stance you had determined in the previous day phase already.
I have also been reading Phenom, the GoC, and Survivor on top of this. Quin is involved in all of those. The quote you pulled was something I said ages ago. Quin hasn't said anything here for a while. I forgot he was in this until I started looking for some place else to park my vote.

When you get into your 30s, have children, and teach high school, let me know how your memory is.

In the meantime, ask yourself what purpose a bad Epignosis would have in mentioning that he forgot Quin was even in this. I could have easily not said anything at all about him. Mafia tend to be more careful about what they say in the thread, no? If I already offered a stance on Quin, what have I to gain by acting like I don't have a stance on him (although I don't agree that forgetting Quin was involved equates to not having a stance on him)?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Does it make me bad?
You know what I meant you sassy Llama. You stated that MM's suspicion on Epi doesn't make him bad (meaning it's not a baddie tell). Is my suspicion on Epi a baddie tell?

linki - a shame the stupid is seeping out of me today then...
I meant it's not necessarily a baddie tell, but to answer your question, I think you are bad, but not because you suspect Epi. I have other reasons, which I have previously cited.
I think Jack's teammates are you, Sawyer, and maybe one other who I haven't pinned down yet.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Another note.

One of the factors for Epignosis's vote for SVS yesterday stemmed from her vote for Quin on Day 1. Epignosis read through their interactions, and deduced that her vote was based on a pretty minor tiff.

More evidence of Epignosis reading Quin interactions, and that it's unlikely he actually forgot Quin was in the game.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote:Another note.

One of the factors for Epignosis's vote for SVS yesterday stemmed from her vote for Quin on Day 1. Epignosis read through their interactions, and deduced that her vote was based on a pretty minor tiff.

More evidence of Epignosis reading Quin interactions, and that it's unlikely he actually forgot Quin was in the game.
You astound me.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Marmot wrote:

Mad house up in here.
Hardly.

I have also been reading Phenom, the GoC, and Survivor on top of this. Quin is involved in all of those. The quote you pulled was something I said ages ago. Quin hasn't said anything here for a while. I forgot he was in this until I started looking for some place else to park my vote.

When you get into your 30s, have children, and teach high school, let me know how your memory is.

In the meantime, ask yourself what purpose a bad Epignosis would have in mentioning that he forgot Quin was even in this. I could have easily not said anything at all about him. Mafia tend to be more careful about what they say in the thread, no? If I already offered a stance on Quin, what have I to gain by acting like I don't have a stance on him (although I don't agree that forgetting Quin was involved equates to not having a stance on him)?
As mafia, you've put a name up for discussion, even if subtly. I agree Quin hasn't been around, and as such no one has talked about him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:

You astound me.
Your response to my case is to write this game off as lacking rational thought and snarky remarks like this one.

I don't like these responses.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by notsawyer540 »

Things are really heating up in here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

You astound me.
Your response to my case is to write this game off as lacking rational thought and snarky remarks like this one.

I don't like these responses.
I don't care if you don't like them. I'm not trying to win your approval. You voted for me before I even said anything about forgetting Quin.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MM: Do you believe I would have killed Eloh Night 1?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:MM: Do you believe I would have killed Eloh Night 1?
I'm choosing not to factor this into my read.

I'll tell you when I'm in my 30s, have children, teach high school, and have a wife who plays mafia. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I don't think it's odd that Epi forgot Quin was in. I understand.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I do think it's odd that Epignosis wants to keep jack around to find his teammates, but he has only produced one read as a result of it: Floyd.

I'm voting for jack today. The longer he sticks around, the more he becomes a discussion point that would distract from more productive discussions. There has been a ton of chatter about whether to lynch him or not, but the points put out for not lynching him are not being taken advantage of.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote:I do think it's odd that Epignosis wants to keep jack around to find his teammates, but he has only produced one read as a result of it: Floyd.

I'm voting for jack today. The longer he sticks around, the more he becomes a discussion point that would distract from more productive discussions. There has been a ton of chatter about whether to lynch him or not, but the points put out for not lynching him are not being taken advantage of.
And what was my "read" on Floyd, dear MM?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Marmot wrote:I do think it's odd that Epignosis wants to keep jack around to find his teammates, but he has only produced one read as a result of it: Floyd.

And what was my "read" on Floyd, dear MM?
I don't know, I didn't produce a read in that post.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

If your point is that you didn't post a read there, you're right. You didn't.

My point is, that's the most productive thing I've found that's come from keeping Floyd around.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EBWOP: keeping jack around.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nobody's been bloody talking until now.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I do find this post from notsawyer suspicious.
notsawyer540 wrote:Things are really heating up in here.
Despite notsawyer being suspicious of Epignosis, this is the only thing had to say after I posted my case and while I've been accusing you.

I'd expect him to have more input on this whole thing if he was sincere.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ok, switched to Jack.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Nobody's been bloody talking until now.
Better late than never.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 102

Post by MacDougall »

Smartmot
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:If Jack were not on the poll, where would you vote and why?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
We've been over this Epi. You, Sawyer or DF.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
We've been over this Epi. You, Sawyer or DF.
If you've answered, then I'm not addressing you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 102

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
Where my vote is currently. Jack has enough votes now so I cbf moving it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Where my vote is currently. Jack has enough votes now so I cbf moving it.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 109

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Marmot wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I took my vote off of Wilgy and placed it on MM.

And I forgot Quin was even in this.
How did you forget Quin was in this game, you had a lengthy back-and-forth with him about whether or not you would murder FZ, and also called him a civilian.
Because I'm getting old and forget things, and Quin hasn't posted recently.
I'm backseating :keys:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't really care that Epi forgot about me. I'm not surprised because I haven't been around in this game as much as I usually am. I'd rather pay attention to this gross post centered around overconfidence and bad logic.
notsawyer540 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Rip Eloh.

Everyone lets refrain from voting from Jack immediately.
Is this what you're talking about? If so, there is a difference between it and this:
DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Given that data, I think it is reasonable to assume the entire mafia is powerless beyond a kill.

I don't mind lynching Jackie O, but I would only do so as a last resort. Lynching exposed mafia only keeps his teammates out of discussion and pressure.
This.

Scotty basically hog tied and handed us a hostage.
You go from essentially saying, "let's take our time and discuss things" to "I agree with Epi. We should keep him around."

You see the inconsistency? You waited until someone else floated the idea of keeping him around and jumped right on board. Then a civ got lynched. My facts aren't and weren't wrong.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Almost forgot to get back before the day ended. Moving my vote back to Jack because obviously.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I just realised I'm awake in time for EoD. Neat.

That's the reason I'm taking a backseat in this game, if you were trying to read into it for anything. Most of the action tends to happen in the 8~ hours before EoD, so I'm not here for that stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Now that Phenon has ended I can say that my accusation of Sawyer for discrediting his own take on an argument is a tried and tested baddie tell. Follow me (tomorrow)
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:Now that Phenon has ended I can say that my accusation of Sawyer for discrediting his own take on an argument is a tried and tested baddie tell. Follow me (tomorrow)
I'm already there. :noble:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:Now that Phenon has ended I can say that my accusation of Sawyer for discrediting his own take on an argument is a tried and tested baddie tell. Follow me (tomorrow)
I'm already there. :noble:
You're early.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”