Total votes: 17
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 5]

Post by Tangrowth »

Only here to post once (I know, technically breaking my proclamation, sorry), and then will be back at lunch tomorrow to post once and vote.

Matt F, don’t sweat it. We all make mistakes from time to time. It happens. It’s mafia. I hope you don’t continue to be too hard on yourself and please come back to play with us. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I know I’ve really enjoyed playing with you this game, as always.

I don’t know about anyone else, but even though my life has been pretty crazy, I have enjoyed the hell out of this game. As someone who has hosted multiple times, I know how insanely time consuming and difficult it is to host a mafia game, and sometimes it can be easy to feel unappreciated, so I just want to say I’ve been enjoying this game SO much, and I want to give a thanks to Daisy for hosting it. I try to express this sentiment every time I play a game because I know just how much effort goes into hosting a game, but sometimes it’s very easy to let it go unsaid. Considering things have seemed a bit frustrating given Matt F’s post and the lack of PMs, and just how insanely intense this game has been from a posting standpoint (I take most of the blame for this), I just wanted to put this out there, because in the end this is a game, designed to be fun, and nothing to be taken way too seriously so as to impede that. I know stepping back for a day or so has really helped me realize that I was perhaps seeming a bit too intense, so I thought this was worth noting. Likewise to everyone else who is playing, thanks for playing, because it’s been really great getting to play with all of you!

And thanks, timmer, I didn’t intend on sounding frazzled or anything, it’s just been a bit hectic as of late, lol. Nothing I can’t handle though! And still mostly pretty good, so no complaints on my end.

BWT, I don’t think looking at AP so strongly because he is being illogical equates to him being a baddie. This still seems like normal AP behavior to me. I realize it’s not what you or I or most people would do, but I’m afraid I’m still not getting the suspicion on him at all. Can you elaborate as to how it makes him different than normal and/or baddie?

CBK, very good question. I do think it’s interesting Teen Girl Squad didn’t kill, but there are many variables that could have caused that situation. It’s possible the killer was blocked or that the person who was supposed to die was either protected or is non-NKable (see: Blue Laser, or even The Cheat). Part of the problem in analyzing this is that it seems Daisy isn’t providing evidence on failed kills in her night posts, so we don’t know if they failed to send in a PM or if someone survived a kill, and if someone did survive, we don’t know who that person is. What are you thinking? And if you feel unsure about going after lower participants, do you feel we have any other leads that are more worthwhile in your eyes? As to how you're being blendy, I can elaborate on that in a future period (trying to keep my presence low on the intensity level this cycle), but for now I'm giving you the BOTD since I understand your condition and I know you're really trying to get into this game.

AP, same question to you. I can’t remember the last post you had regarding anyone as suspicious; what are your current thoughts? And what do you particularly think about the fact that the kill failed last night; what’s your take on that?

Dom, any reason why Snow Dog and Vomps?

As to gleam or DP or whoever else, those are all interesting considerations. I’ll stop here and get to studying and mull on this for the next 24 hours.

And naturally as to Dom, timmer, myself, etc., I’ll get back to you guys on this. But I still think I should just leave this thoughts here and get out of here until it is time to vote. We can continue whatever we feel we need to regarding me or whatever the following cycle. I understand if you feel you still want to vote for me and I've said what I need to on the matter, more than I need to for that matter.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Well, I totally understand the MP break. After that last burst of frustration (which I understand could be frustrating), I get it.

I'm a little unsure about just picking absent posters without further evidence. BWT, I'm not sure how that would "get us on the right track" beyond the lucky chance that we do get Troggy. It would certainly be safer around here, but finding the serial killer gets us no closer otherwise to finding the other baddies. And, with the number of people who have appeared to have reasons for low posting (I would emphasize appeared), it seems more dangerous to just attack low posters willy nilly.

So, why are we not asking questions about why the Teen Girls didn't make a kill? Was it two missing PMs, or is it possible their kill was stopped somehow? It just seems unlikely that a whole team would miss the PM. So, someone here is sneaking back into the discussion.
CBK who are you looking at today?

Also, I haven't asked about the Teens because I assumed it was a block or protect that made them not kill. I don't think a whole team could forget a pm. Maybe a bad assumption on my part. What do you think happened?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm home but I'm really worn out after today. We had around 3400 guests on campus and about 150 staff altogether (including student helpers like me) to help them out. Busy day!

Juliets: I really doubt an entire team would miss the PM so I assume they were prevented from killing in some way. If there's an entire baddie team that inactive I'd be shocked.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bullzeye wrote:I'm home but I'm really worn out after today. We had around 3400 guests on campus and about 150 staff altogether (including student helpers like me) to help them out. Busy day!

Juliets: I really doubt an entire team would miss the PM so I assume they were prevented from killing in some way. If there's an entire baddie team that inactive I'd be shocked.
Yes, i agree Bullzeye.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I don’t know about anyone else, but even though my life has been pretty crazy, I have enjoyed the hell out of this game. As someone who has hosted multiple times, I know how insanely time consuming and difficult it is to host a mafia game, and sometimes it can be easy to feel unappreciated, so I just want to say I’ve been enjoying this game SO much, and I want to give a thanks to Daisy for hosting it. I try to express this sentiment every time I play a game because I know just how much effort goes into hosting a game, but sometimes it’s very easy to let it go unsaid. Considering things have seemed a bit frustrating given Matt F’s post and the lack of PMs, and just how insanely intense this game has been from a posting standpoint (I take most of the blame for this), I just wanted to put this out there, because in the end this is a game, designed to be fun, and nothing to be taken way too seriously so as to impede that. I know stepping back for a day or so has really helped me realize that I was perhaps seeming a bit too intense, so I thought this was worth noting. Likewise to everyone else who is playing, thanks for playing, because it’s been really great getting to play with all of you!
I completely agree that this game has been awesome! Thanks so much Daisy, you are doing a great job!

I really wish I had seen Matt's post. I hate being left in the dark. :(
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

MP and Juliets, I really feel like I need to review a little bit, in light of stepping back from MP. I have some old, standing suspicions, but they need reconsideration.

And don't get me wrong. I am all for attempting to figure out who Trogdor might be, especially based on who's missing. But I just think missing people are the starting point, not the conclusion. We need more evidence before we go out with pitchforks after potential civvies. Plus, my susggestion is that, since the Teen Girls were probably stopped by someone, somebody knows something. And I would guess that a baddie team has at least one posting member, someone who's regular. So, I'm just careful about jumping on a bandwagon with little to no evidence, when it could be another misdirection.

I will come back with a specific suggestion or two, based on what there is. I just need time.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

Also agree it's been a great game, Daisy.

@Llama - Not convinced about your Gleam suspicions but you seem fairly confident he is bad. How is that gut working? I could get on board with a gleam vote but I'd need a bit more.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

llama, I'm struggling a little on the suspicion that gleam, as the third person to admit he had info, is a baddie because of that. The whole day 0 poll makes me scratch my head because there are 6 choices but only 4 factions that I see: civvs, blue lasers, teen girls, serial killer. So what does that mean? Were two of the choices not matched to any group? Were two groups civv groups (but if so, that would still only bring us to 5 factions total). Am I totally missing two other groups? I need to make some sense out of the poll before I can conclusively say it is logical that gleam is bad. Also, using the idea that 1 of the three are bad, why does is have to be glean? (I know there is an answer to this last one I've just lost it in all the other detail).

Also, I agree great game Daisy. I missed whatever Matt said but yes, great game.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

@juliets: it was more the "I think all the factions got info" part that pinged me. If gleam is a civ and believed Snow and Bullz, it seems an odd assumption to make. If Gleam is bad, he would then know that at least two factions had info.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: BWT, I don’t think looking at AP so strongly because he is being illogical equates to him being a baddie. This still seems like normal AP behavior to me. I realize it’s not what you or I or most people would do, but I’m afraid I’m still not getting the suspicion on him at all. Can you elaborate as to how it makes him different than normal and/or baddie?
Honestly, my main reason is because of the fact he continues to be illogical. Even though, for example, llama pointed out the mathematics behind why not selecting a hut option every night would only work in your best interests if nobody did it.

I'm open to looking at other options for today as well. And it very well could be normal AP behavior. But I still want to, at the very least, keep a close eye on him.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:@juliets: it was more the "I think all the factions got info" part that pinged me. If gleam is a civ and believed Snow and Bullz, it seems an odd assumption to make. If Gleam is bad, he would then know that at least two factions had info.
I see. I would have said the same just based on my experience playing with day 0 polls but I guess you are thinking glean is not experienced enough to know that's generally how they go (correct me if my assumption is wrong).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:@juliets: it was more the "I think all the factions got info" part that pinged me. If gleam is a civ and believed Snow and Bullz, it seems an odd assumption to make. If Gleam is bad, he would then know that at least two factions had info.
This is pretty much my logic behind it as well.
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Well, I totally understand the MP break. After that last burst of frustration (which I understand could be frustrating), I get it.

I'm a little unsure about just picking absent posters without further evidence. BWT, I'm not sure how that would "get us on the right track" beyond the lucky chance that we do get Troggy. It would certainly be safer around here, but finding the serial killer gets us no closer otherwise to finding the other baddies. And, with the number of people who have appeared to have reasons for low posting (I would emphasize appeared), it seems more dangerous to just attack low posters willy nilly.

So, why are we not asking questions about why the Teen Girls didn't make a kill? Was it two missing PMs, or is it possible their kill was stopped somehow? It just seems unlikely that a whole team would miss the PM. So, someone here is sneaking back into the discussion.
I certainly don't want to go after ALL low posters. Like I said though, I think out of all of them, DP and DFaraday are the main two I would look at in that group. SFU over on RM has been over for a bit, and I remember DP posting a lot more in that game than he ever has before. He said he hasn't had a very busy schedule lately, so unless something came up and that changed, I think he's odd that he's been almost completely absent from this game. Not to mention almost-completely-silent DP worries me.

I agree that going after low posters "willy nilly" would result in several civvie deaths. And I mentioned a few other people I wouldn't mind looking at today. But of the low posters, those are the two I could see most likely as being bad. I would love to start hearing a bit more from some of the low(er) posters today.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I am a little relunctant to vote low posters out of fear we will kill Poopsmith. But yes, great game Daisy. We needed some levity. I think the events sound particularly fun.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Post by BigDamnHero »

thellama73 wrote:It's gleamers, I'm telling you. Vote gleamers.
thellama73 wrote:I'll tell you what, I usually don't do this, but I am so sure that Gleam is bad that I am going to vote for him SUPER EARLY. Everybody follow me and bandwagon onto Gleam, and great rewards will follow.
Hmmmm....those are a couple interesting posts you made, llama. I'm thinking over scenarios on how you calling for a bandwagon on Gleam would play out:

Option 1: You are a civilian who may have found out somehow or just has a solid reason to believe that Gleam is a bad guy and wants to rally everyone to eliminate the evil threat.

Option 2: Something has happened and you are under some sort of posting restriction (your posts this round have had an unusually odd quality about them...though, I don't believe I saw a post from Daisy about any sort of secret event being triggered again).

Option 3: You through though posts out there to see who would react to it and, more specifically, HOW people would react to a public call for a bandwagoning. The problem with this scenario is that it's a risky move to take...in the event that Gleam is NOT a bad guy, you run the risk of lynching 2 possible civilians (Gleam today and most likely Llama the next day for leading the attack against a civilian).

Option 4: You are a bad guy who has discovered the identity of someone on the opposite bad guy team and want to ear yourself some brownie points for exposing him.

Option 5: You are a bad guy who feels threatened by Gleam for whatever reason and feels his immediate elimination from the game would best serve your interests.

There's probably other scenarios that could play out that I haven't fully processed yet, but I think those are the basics. Most of them either end badly or don't serve the best interests of the civilians in general. So let me posit you this:
IF we were to follow your lead (and by no means is this an endorsement or suggestion that we should follow you), would you be willing to let yourself be lynched next should the results of a Gleam lynch be less than favorable?

Also, I don't know if you missed it or just wanted to avoid my earlier question to you all together, but what was your opinion of Devin before Lizzy was revealed to be King of town and did her role reveal change any opinion you had of Devin?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Mongoose wrote:I am a little relunctant to vote low posters out of fear we will kill Poopsmith. But yes, great game Daisy. We needed some levity. I think the events sound particularly fun.
Why is that? Does the Poopsmith have a posting restriction?

Linki
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

BigDamnHero wrote: There's probably other scenarios that could play out that I haven't fully processed yet, but I think those are the basics. Most of them either end badly or don't serve the best interests of the civilians in general. So let me posit you this:
IF we were to follow your lead (and by no means is this an endorsement or suggestion that we should follow you), would you be willing to let yourself be lynched next should the results of a Gleam lynch be less than favorable?

Also, I don't know if you missed it or just wanted to avoid my earlier question to you all together, but what was your opinion of Devin before Lizzy was revealed to be King of town and did her role reveal change any opinion you had of Devin?
I meant to answer that but I must have forgotten, sorry. I remain confident that Devin was civ, but I never had a specific role picked out for him, so Lizzy's lynch didn't change that.

Regarding your other question, no of course I will not allow myself to be lynched if I can possibly help it. Why would I agree to that?
I don't know for sure that Gleam is bad, but I strongly believe it and there comes a time when I man has to trust his intuition.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Something is squirrely here.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote:Something is squirrely here.
What is?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I am a little relunctant to vote low posters out of fear we will kill Poopsmith. But yes, great game Daisy. We needed some levity. I think the events sound particularly fun.

Linki
Birdy - I read it that way - it sounds like maybe he can get extra votes, but at the cost of having to be silent for the following day. Does anyone else read his role description differently?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mongoose wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Linki
Birdy - I read it that way - it sounds like maybe he can get extra votes, but at the cost of having to be silent for the following day. Does anyone else read his role description differently?
Mongoose, I don't see anything about him having to be silent the day after. He does have a secret though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

juliets wrote:llama, I'm struggling a little on the suspicion that gleam, as the third person to admit he had info, is a baddie because of that. The whole day 0 poll makes me scratch my head because there are 6 choices but only 4 factions that I see: civvs, blue lasers, teen girls, serial killer. So what does that mean? Were two of the choices not matched to any group? Were two groups civv groups (but if so, that would still only bring us to 5 factions total). Am I totally missing two other groups? I need to make some sense out of the poll before I can conclusively say it is logical that gleam is bad. Also, using the idea that 1 of the three are bad, why does is have to be glean? (I know there is an answer to this last one I've just lost it in all the other detail).

Also, I agree great game Daisy. I missed whatever Matt said but yes, great game.
I would expect that all groups did get info, my thinking is there may have been more than one civ option though. My vote option benefited me specifically and no other player would've seen an effect as far as I'm aware so I do wonder if it was more connected to specific roles. I have also toyed with the idea of Castle being Elo's team's option. However I'm not in any way suspicious of Snow so that kinda holds me back. The day 0 stuff confuses the hell out of me as well, I've basically given up thinking about it because I don't even know what conclusions I can come to with the knowledge we all have.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Does anyone have anybody else they think is bad? I've got glean and DP and MP (except people are hanging back on him today to give the thread a rest). I am not seeing any standout baddie actions or conversations from others and I am wary of gleam because I think there is something squirrely going on and I don't really feel I have enough for DP. ( Oh, speaking of which, one piece of info to pass on from 6Ft.Under - DP talked more than normal in that game but still not a lot and he slipped by as a baddie until the very end when we (the civvs) killed him. The part I'm pointing to though is he posted more than he usually posts and was bad. Don't know if that means how much he talks is a good predictor or whether it's just coincidence.)

So I am up in the air about who to vote for today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Linki
Mongoose, I don't see anything about him having to be silent the day after. He does have a secret though.
JC - I thought he may have to self-silence due to the clause that says he has taken a vow of silence. It may not be meant literally of course, but possibly?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mongoose wrote:
juliets wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Linki
JC - I thought he may have to self-silence due to the clause that says he has taken a vow of silence. It may not be meant literally of course, but possibly?
Ah, yes, possibly. I thought it was referring to his "silent vote"

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I can say categorically that I am not under any posting restriction or voting requirement today, since people seem to be worried about that.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

llama is there anyone else you think we should consider today?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:llama is there anyone else you think we should consider today?
Yes!
I'm still mighty distrustful of A Person, and pretty much everything CBK says strikes me as inconsistent and ping-worthy.

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

It's not that I'm not around. It's just that I've had so little reading time and you guys are so loud I have literally nothing of value to contribute. :p I've honestly never been so lost at this stage save for like maybe one or two other games.

If you want to lynch me, I won't do much to stop you. I'm so confused right now I doubt I'll be of any help to anyone for a while. :p And considering me not being around is the reason I'm being looked at I can't do anything to change anyone's minds.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ugh, I know I said I would try to stay back a lot this period, but I am taking a really short break from studying and want to really emphasize one thing -- I think a lynch of AP would be really unwise. I still don't get the suspicion at all; his behavior doesn't make sense if he was a baddie at all. It's just normal AP. I have a hard time believing he'll come up baddie or Trogdor. My two cents on the matter.

Carry on.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Ugh, I know I said I would try to stay back a lot this period, but I am taking a really short break from studying and want to really emphasize one thing -- I think a lynch of AP would be really unwise. I still don't get the suspicion at all; his behavior doesn't make sense if he was a baddie at all. It's just normal AP. I have a hard time believing he'll come up baddie or Trogdor. My two cents on the matter.

Carry on.
If this is normal AP, what is baddie AP like?

A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

I've not been a baddie yet.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Ugh, I know I said I would try to stay back a lot this period, but I am taking a really short break from studying and want to really emphasize one thing -- I think a lynch of AP would be really unwise. I still don't get the suspicion at all; his behavior doesn't make sense if he was a baddie at all. It's just normal AP. I have a hard time believing he'll come up baddie or Trogdor. My two cents on the matter.

Carry on.
I think I agree with you. His behavioiur is pretty normal BUT.....how do we know he is not bad and acting exactly the same as AP always does.

idk.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:

Carry on.
If this is normal AP, what is baddie AP like?
I have no idea, but I have a very hard time believing this is it. There's no way he'd put himself out there like this and say many of the things he did; his teammates would have warned against it. Also, the way votes and suspicion have followed him... I'm just not buying it to be as a result of him being nefarious.

I don't think I'm wrong on the issue, but again, just my evaluation of his actions. They may seem illogical to you or me, but I've interacted with AP for a long time, and I just can't see how this is his baddie game.

I'm still far from sure where I'll be voting, but it definitely won't be for AP.

What did people think of what DP had to say?

Leaving now to study more, then spend time with my brother, and then watch Breaking Bad. Will be around tomorrow. Sorry for breaking my rule TWICE, but I couldn't help expressing at least some of my current thoughts. I'm trying to play less of a controlling/domineering role, but at the same time I really don't want to see us lynch another civvie, and I think AP seems more likely to be one than nearly everyone else at this point.

Linki with Snowie: Point well taken. We don't know that, BUT I really do think it would be strange for him to be a baddie here with the way everything has gone down. I don't understand that logic; by that logic, you could argue anyone is baddie because they're acting like themselves. I truly believe AP has done nothing that would lead me to believe he is baddie. I really think all of the major vote receivers this game have been civvies; I have firm reason to believe this to be true. The only two I'm really unsure of in that regard are BDH and Vomps, I'm really unsure of them.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

A Person wrote:I've not been a baddie yet.
Also, what did you think of my question earlier regarding the failed kill and who you might suspect, if anyone? I'd really appreciate an answer.

Gotta go.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:It's not that I'm not around. It's just that I've had so little reading time and you guys are so loud I have literally nothing of value to contribute. :p I've honestly never been so lost at this stage save for like maybe one or two other games.

If you want to lynch me, I won't do much to stop you. I'm so confused right now I doubt I'll be of any help to anyone for a while. :p And considering me not being around is the reason I'm being looked at I can't do anything to change anyone's minds.
DP, I guess the thing I have to question is you said you'd have plenty of time once six ft under was over and now it has been for a few days. Why can't you use the time you have now, freed up by that game, to do the reading you say you don't have time to do?

Your post sounds a lot like "lynch me and get me out of this"...is that what you are saying? Are you civv or no? If not we'll be happy to lynch you.

*also DP, i dont mean to sound harsh I'm just a little frustrated by your post

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

juliets wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:It's not that I'm not around. It's just that I've had so little reading time and you guys are so loud I have literally nothing of value to contribute. :p I've honestly never been so lost at this stage save for like maybe one or two other games.

DP, I guess the thing I have to question is you said you'd have plenty of time once six ft under was over and now it has been for a few days. Why can't you use the time you have now, freed up by that game, to do the reading you say you don't have time to do?

Your post sounds a lot like "lynch me and get me out of this"...is that what you are saying? Are you civv or no? If not we'll be happy to lynch you.

*also DP, i dont mean to sound harsh I'm just a little frustrated by your post
Because I've had to do work at agility trials every day since Six Feet Under ended, today was my last day. And this game has so much that has gone on at this point I barely have the patience to get a comprehensive read.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

And yes, I am civ. :p
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Agility trials are not a real thing. I call shenanigans.

borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 104

Post by borokkuei »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
borokkuei wrote: I guess MP's post dominance is kind of a ping, but it seems reasonable since he's been busy with stuff lately and crams all of his thoughts into posts whenever he's around.

Matt F seems to really want llama dead, but I'm not sure which of the pair are bad (or perhaps both are?)
I'm pretty sure someone has beef with llama, but it seems like it must have been someone other than Matt F. Maybe MP? It's definitely someone, but I don't remember who specifically. Intentionally coming up with a lie to stir things up seems like a horrible idea, considering that all of the previous pages act as a chain of custody for who said what and when.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, today only we have one lynch vote for sale! It is the most amazing lynch vote ever! It slices, it dices, it mixes and minces! Just when you think it can't do anymore, it makes coffee for you! Today's lucky recipients could be just about anyone. I think that perhaps Dom might be onto something with his "people less likely to send in a pm" theory though I have had a pretty civ read of snowy and I can never read vompi. I feel like I'm missing something regarding llama's opinion that CBK has been inconsistent in her posting. Can you show me where?

Just remember today's lynch vote is offered for the amazingly low price of 3 easy payments of $19.99. Call now!!!!!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

This is the second time someone has called me illogical/contradictory without examples. Care to explain?

linki: Thanks, bea.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

And I would note that those two people were MP and llama... Old suspicions die hard.
But, yes, looking back... here we go.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

borokkuei wrote: I guess

I'm pretty sure someone has beef with llama, but it seems like it must have been someone other than Matt F. Maybe MP? It's definitely someone, but I don't remember who specifically. Intentionally coming up with a lie to stir things up seems like a horrible idea, considering that all of the previous pages act as a chain of custody for who said what and when.
I think the restaurant downstairs serves Beef with Llama.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:I feel like I'm missing something regarding llama's opinion that CBK has been inconsistent in her posting. Can you show me where?
This is the main post that stood out to me:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 920#p34475
I don't think her criticism of MP here makes sense. It feels contrived, like "I have to say something, so I might as well go after MP." I have found her posts pingy in a general sort of way since very early in the game, but have been giving her a bit of a pass since I don't know her play style.

Popping into the thread every once in a while, saying something that sounds meaningful but isn't really, then disappearing again into the aether is something I have seen baddies do before and it is a good way to avoid drawing attention to oneself without being completely absent.

Still, I am more confident about Gleam and would urge people to put their votes there instead.

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:This kind of stuff is getting old if you ask me.
Mixing it up! Going all in! Keeping you guessing! That's the llama way!
This is a brand new strain of Mafia I see! It's quite popular with the kids these days, and if you need it right now call 1800-STOP-OUT. Again, call 1800-STOP-OUT
Snow Dog wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm shelving timmer and Dom for the time being because I'm trying to be open-minded. I realize I've been domineering the thread and that I seem really controlling, maybe even contradictory. Thus, I am leaving this game and will be back to vote, but I think it will definitely be better this way, at least for this cycle. I can at least recognize that.
I, like Bea, am willing to give you the BOTD for now because you are recognizing why you seem suspicious to other people with this section. We can pick up the MP topic later.

Bea asked who else I would look at, I would say Snow Dog, Vomps, and someone who might be chronic PM neglectors.
Seems every gamer I play you find me suspicious. This is getting old too. First you say I'm a liar and now, with no reason it seems, you throw my name out there.

Anyone else think I'm not civ. If so let's have it. I can't defend my name being named alone.
Hold on there, Snowie! Don't change the channel yet! You forget that You played only one other game with me. Please, for only $19.95, you can stop bullshitting everyone and stop acting like I'm making this game personal, thank you very much! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
bea wrote:I feel like I'm missing something regarding llama's opinion that CBK has been inconsistent in her posting. Can you show me where?
This is the main post that stood out to me:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 920#p34475
I don't think her criticism of MP here makes sense. It feels contrived, like "I have to say something, so I might as well go after MP." I have found her posts pingy in a general sort of way since very early in the game, but have been giving her a bit of a pass since I don't know her play style.

Popping into the thread every once in a while, saying something that sounds meaningful but isn't really, then disappearing again into the aether is something I have seen baddies do before and it is a good way to avoid drawing attention to oneself without being completely absent.

Still, I am more confident about Gleam and would urge people to put their votes there instead.
Like Snowy, I could go for a Gleam vote tomorrow. But just for the record what makes him stand out more to you than other low posters (DP, DF, etc).

Also, I feel like I am possibly missing out on an event with all y'all creating your own infomercials.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

^Because if I were the third civ to assert info on a poll, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that all factions got info. And because he has made no effort to respond to my accusations. Innocent people defend themselves.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Mongoose wrote:Also, I feel like I am possibly missing out on an event with all y'all creating your own infomercials.
It's probably related to one of Homestar's The Show challenges.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:^Because if I were the third civ to assert info on a poll, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that all factions got info. And because he has made no effort to respond to my accusations. Innocent people defend themselves.
I've been waiting all day to see if he would respond. i agree, that makes me lean a little further his way for a vote. I like to hear all sides of an issue but am stuck if one side won't put forth their argument.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

Voting before I forget:

Are you over-exaggerating things to make it seem like anyone who questions you is bad? Are you trying to imply that your accuser is lying based solely on the fact that you said you told the truth in a game based on lying?

YOU MIGHT BE SNOW DOG
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”