65%

Total votes: 17
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 104

Re: Homestar Runner [Day 6]

Post by borokkuei »

A Person wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I was leaning toward a Borok vote for Day 6, but I think he suffers more from a self confidence crisis and not baddie guilt, so I'll look elsewhere.
I would agree. I can also relate to that. :hugs:
:hugs:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose, what do you think of BWT and juliets, as well as Dom, timmer, and Snow Dog, out of curiosity?
Dude I can read BWT about as well as you can. I pretty much always tend to read him as civ.

Juliets - civ leaning

Dom - I'm a little scared to say because then he will come after meeee

timmer - Probably civ

Snow - President of CivCorp

Of course out of all o those, at least one is probably bad just in the numbers game. The civ surplus is dwindling so much that we shall be even stevens before too long.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks, I'll keep those in mind.

What do you think about Trogdor... is it someone inactive or someone taking the incredibly illogical way of handling the role on purpose?

And on that note, I'll leave. I hope others have ideas and feedback because this lynch is a crucial one, I feel.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

In RE: Trogpants. I don't think he is dead. I'm guessing it is someone inactive, but I wouldn't put it past this slippery bunch to do the latter.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I know I wasn't asked this, but for the sake of more opinions, I will oblige.
Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose, what do you think of BWT and juliets, as well as Dom, timmer, and Snow Dog, out of curiosity?
Dude I can read BWT about as well as you can. I pretty much always tend to read him as civ.

Thanks! I'm glad someone does! :P

Juliets - civ leaning

No clue. I can never read Juliets. I usually start off as reading her as a baddie, but the further I go into games with her, the more civvie she starts to sound to me.

Leaning civ on him for now. But I flip-flop on Dom a lot.

timmer - Probably civ

Neutral, VERY slightly leaning baddie because of all the stuff with MP earlier. It's cooled off a bit though since he said he's willing to look at other suspects as well.

Agreed here.

Of course out of all o those, at least one is probably bad just in the numbers game. The civ surplus is dwindling so much that we shall be even stevens before too long.
As for borok, I'm starting to lean more toward confused civ. I can't see him saying what he's said in his most recent posts and him being a baddie trying to spread doubt. I mean, I guess he could be doing that, but if he is he is masterfully pulling the wool over my eyes.

I think there might be something into looking at voting patterns as well. But unfortunately I don't have the time to do it myself before this lynch. If anyone does though, I will gladly read through it before I vote tomorrow. For now though, I'm willing to look at SVS and Vomps for this lynch. Possibly DP or DFaraday as well, but they're not as high on the totem pole for me.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

I think SVS is a good Trogdor candidate. I agree with Strongsad on vomps as well.
MovingPictures07 wrote:With 21 players left and assuming the 3 players that have died are civvie... this means we're looking at Trogdor, 4 Blue Laser, and 3 Teen Girl Squad members still alive, and thus leaving behind 13 civvies.

That's sort of disheartening. Especially since I believe it to be true. It is imperative we catch a baddie today.

Timmer, I am curious as to how much further you've gotten in your catch up, and what you are currently thinking. I also want to hear from everyone who suspects me heavily to see if they still do so, and why.

Additionally I want to see if LT and indi have made any progress; what are their thoughts? I suspected bea just a bit before she left (or really, just had NO idea about her, but she made me wonder a few times) and I felt pretty good about Matt F.

Gotta go, be around later.
Wow. You start posting again and you're right back to be suspicious. Seriously? "I'll assume all NK'd players are civvies". You're portraying a worst case scenario as THE scenario. It could be better too. Creating panic? Is that your aim, MP?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I was leaning toward a Borok vote for Day 6, but I think he suffers more from a self confidence crisis and not baddie guilt, so I'll look elsewhere.
I think I agree, actually. I know Borokkuei... and I'm not sure I'm convinced he's a great place to look anymore. I'm not sure though.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a baddie lying amongst Dom, timmer, BDH, CBK, etc., but I'm not sure how to snuff one out, and I feel incredibly biased on the matter.
WOW
SO BASICALLY SOMEONE WHO SUSPECTS YOU IS BAD
Literally, that's your reasoning!
WHY ARE PEOPLE LISTENING TO YOU!??!!??!

Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Juliets - civ leaning

timmer - Probably civ

You don't have to fear me going after you because I believe you to be civvie. I think. For now....

If you suspect me, speak up, Mongoose. I am no cobra. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Dom wrote:I think SVS is a good Trogdor candidate. I agree with Strongsad on vomps as well.
MovingPictures07 wrote:With 21 players left and assuming the 3 players that have died are civvie... this means we're looking at Trogdor, 4 Blue Laser, and 3 Teen Girl Squad members still alive, and thus leaving behind 13 civvies.

That's sort of disheartening. Especially since I believe it to be true. It is imperative we catch a baddie today.

Timmer, I am curious as to how much further you've gotten in your catch up, and what you are currently thinking. I also want to hear from everyone who suspects me heavily to see if they still do so, and why.

Additionally I want to see if LT and indi have made any progress; what are their thoughts? I suspected bea just a bit before she left (or really, just had NO idea about her, but she made me wonder a few times) and I felt pretty good about Matt F.

Gotta go, be around later.
Wow. You start posting again and you're right back to be suspicious. Seriously? "I'll assume all NK'd players are civvies". You're portraying a worst case scenario as THE scenario. It could be better too. Creating panic? Is that your aim, MP?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I think I agree, actually. I know Borokkuei... and I'm not sure I'm convinced he's a great place to look anymore. I'm not sure though.

I'm beginning to wonder if there is a baddie lying amongst Dom, timmer, BDH, CBK, etc., but I'm not sure how to snuff one out, and I feel incredibly biased on the matter.
WOW
SO BASICALLY SOMEONE WHO SUSPECTS YOU IS BAD
Literally, that's your reasoning!
WHY ARE PEOPLE LISTENING TO YOU!??!!??!

Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Juliets - civ leaning

timmer - Probably civ

You don't have to fear me going after you because I believe you to be civvie. I think. For now....

If you suspect me, speak up, Mongoose. I am no cobra. :)
Thanks! I'm just unsure about you is all. We've not really played many games together.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Post by BigDamnHero »

MovingPictures07 wrote:BDH, I also want to know what you're currently thinking. You've had some interesting observations to make, but you haven't really voiced any suspicions lately... any ideas?
I've been trying to go through borokkuei's posts today because something has made me feel uneasy about him since this post:
borokkuei wrote:tfw someone finally died and the game can progress.

w00t

RIP if you were a civ, llama. I didn't have a read on you at all, but hopefully you were bad, considering you're dead now.
not sure what TFW means, but he's happy someone died...really?!?!?! While there were many questions about Llama's affiliation (i think most of us were leaning more toward Llama being one of the civilians), in the end, he was killed by the blue laser team which is a victory for the badguys and hardly something to celebrate.

Then there's this post:
borokkuei wrote:Oh, I didn't know that about the "survived a lynch thing"-- that he has previously almost been lynch, survived it, and the ratio of civ to bad roles that had that power.

I think everyone is underestimating the degree at which I am totally not paying attention to anything. If that makes me look like a baddie, then I guess I agree, but by now there's nothing I can do about that.

linki: again, I dunno why I survived that trogdor thing. All I know is that it was a "host error". For all I know, someone messaged daisy with a message like "lol I'm trogdor kill brorokrkuieiiiiiii"
First, how could he not know about Llama surviving the lynch unless he truly is not paying attention. Which brings me to this theory...

What if Borokuei is trogdor? He could've sent his hut selection in and the "host error" was that Daisy randomized his name in the list of everyone else in that hut. realizing she let trogdor essentially commit suicide she had to rectify the situation and brought borokkuei back. Then, as he admits, he hasn't been focusing on the game and forgot to send it his other night PMs.

All in all, borokkuei has jumped straight up to #2 on my suspect list.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom, you are absolutely and completely ridiculous.

Have you ignored the topics I brought up where we've seen nothing from Bubs? No one has spoken up regarding that matter. Additionally, no one is being jailed, and as such Coach Z is very likely dead (add in that Devin said he knew how he died... and it makes sense, doesn't it, now?). And I will eat a fucking hat if llama was baddie.

I'm not creating panic, but way to start up suspicions against me again.

Where did I say that's why any of you were suspicious? Answer: I didn't. From a sheer numbers standpoint, it's likely that not all of you could be civvie. That's all I was saying. Besides, am I not allowed to suspect someone just because they've voiced suspicion of me? Because if that's the case, I'm pretty sure I can't suspect ANYONE, because nearly everyone has had at least some opinion on me at some point this game.

Just wow. Your reaction is insane. Not even sure it's baddie, but how you can come in here and say all of that, I just don't get.

Linki with BDH, let me read all of that, thanks for answering.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Interesting points, BDH. I could see a scenario in which your analysis is correct, so I will consider. I did get a civvie vibe from a few of his responses, but he could be faking, I suppose...

What do you think of me?

(And why am I still here when I should be sleeping?)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oops, and I just now realized my second to last post before this one should have said Devin knew how he survived dying, but you get my point. It's something I've brought up MULTIPLE TIMES (see, I can use CAPS too), and yet you refuse to acknowledge it, Dom.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

And just to recapitulate: I think Coach Z likely died on Day 1 because no one was ever jailed, ever.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

tfw means that feel when, i think he was happy that someone finally died because we've had a bit of a dry spell lately and it feels (to me anyway) that the game was going nowhere. I can't say I'm happy Llama died but even something bad happening is something happening, but it also caught my attention. Also, I'm sure he is only recently paying more attention because his gf isn't distracting him anymore :P I feel reluctant voting for him and keven because I know they are both fairly new to the game and both have been less tha able to focus completely on the game up until recently. But at the same time, I think I want to keep my eye on them.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom, this subsequent discussion is directed to you as well. If you want to dispute what I'm saying, feel free, but at least use logic and concrete evidence instead of just foaming at the mouth questioning why anyone should listen to me. If you don't want to listen to me, fine, but I'm honestly getting aggravated again when all I've done all game is stick my neck out completely and we have gotten hardly anywhere good so far.

Hopefully this clarifies where I'm coming from nonetheless.

Mongoose wrote:And just to recapitulate: I think Coach Z likely died on Day 1 because no one was ever jailed, ever.
He couldn't have died on Day 1, and still it makes no sense. Devin said he knew how he survived an NK; he basically came out in the thread foaming at the mouth saying that fact (and thus I see no problem discussing this now, considering he was blatantly obvious, especially given the baddies killed him right off thereafter). He must have protected someone Night 1, protected himself Night 2 because he had a feeling he was going to die (and he wasn't exactly being subtle; he certainly was calling attention.. and by that time, players were shifting their opinions of him from baddie to civvie, mostly, or at least much more unsure), and then died the following night (surprise, surprise) because he revealed too much (and obviously sort of wanted to die due to RL reasons).

We haven't seen ANY Bubs. If Devin were Bubs and died Night 3, surely we would have seen something. I mean, look at this description: "Bubs' Concession Stand" - Bubs will have a running inventory of items in his concession stand. Each day, players may ask to buy an item and then during the night period Bubs will choose up to three players he wishes to make a deal with. Beware though, his price may be high and you won't have a choice once he agrees to sell to you!

There's no way that role was offed any time after Night 1 or I'm sure we would have been made aware.

Additionally, llama was the one chosen to die last night, again at the hands of Blue Laser. Coincidence? No. They knew he was very likely to be civvie, and even if not, they figured on the off chance he might be Cheerleader, so of course they killed him. Unfortunately for us, I do not think he was Cheerleader.

Thus, players who are trying to spread doubt in my theories are actually trying to create panic and lead to my lynch, or are ignorant. I am not creating any panic, just pointing out observations of things that have actually happened.

I say all of this not to discredit you or Dom, but merely to engage discussion, because that's all the civvies have at their disposal.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Interesting points, BDH. I could see a scenario in which your analysis is correct, so I will consider. I did get a civvie vibe from a few of his responses, but he could be faking, I suppose...

What do you think of me?

You are still my reigning #1 bad guy suspect champion. I think you've played a masterful game of pulling the wool over many people's eyes. While I whole-heartedly respect the real life pressures you seem to be facing, the "day off free-pass" you were given yesterday seemed to come at a time when the scrutiny of your affiliation was coming to a head and has since cooled off drastically.

Now you may be wondering why I don't continue my full-ccourt press against you...well that reason is because while I feel entirely confident that you are a bad guy, I feel as though we are on the verge of eliminating trogdor from the game and he is more of an immediate threat, not just to myself and the civilians but to everyone else in general!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

BigDamnHero wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Interesting points, BDH. I could see a scenario in which your analysis is correct, so I will consider. I did get a civvie vibe from a few of his responses, but he could be faking, I suppose...

What do you think of me?

You are still my reigning #1 bad guy suspect champion. I think you've played a masterful game of pulling the wool over many people's eyes. While I whole-heartedly respect the real life pressures you seem to be facing, the "day off free-pass" you were given yesterday seemed to come at a time when the scrutiny of your affiliation was coming to a head and has since cooled off drastically.

Now you may be wondering why I don't continue my full-ccourt press against you...well that reason is because while I feel entirely confident that you are a bad guy, I feel as though we are on the verge of eliminating trogdor from the game and he is more of an immediate threat, not just to myself and the civilians but to everyone else in general!
Here we go again.

Why? How have I been pulling wool over anyone's eyes?

You know what, just fuck this. I'm done trying to maintain the balance between staying alive to the civvies' betterment and attempting to show my intentions. You want to know my intentions? Vote for me. All of you. Because apparently this suspicion of me will NOT rest until I'm dead. It's absolutely tiring on every level... and the temporary "break" I was given yesterday I knew would be temporary and that obviously anyone who wants a baddie win would want me dead, because I'm actually trying to help the civvies every way I can.

Civvies, let it be made VERY clear that the baddies have been controlling this game absolutely, and that nearly everyone in the spotlight so far has been a civvie.

I just cannot fathom how anyone sees my behavior this game as baddie at this point. It's absolutely mindnumbing. Why do I even post?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I obviously need to walk away, so that is what I am doing.

I just don't understand why I even bother sometimes; no one even pays attention.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I obviously need to walk away, so that is what I am doing.

I just don't understand why I even bother sometimes; no one even pays attention.
My bad, I meant Coach Z died Night 1, not Day 1.

Just turn the tables on the baddies, MP. If you feel like they are running the show, let them run on a cliff a la Thelma & Louise.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Mongoose wrote:And just to recapitulate: I think Coach Z likely died on Day 1 because no one was ever jailed, ever.
I've been working under the assumption that Coach Z has been using his protect skill more than his arrest skill.

@MovingPictures: If you don't want to hear my answers then maybe you shouldn't ask the question...these over reactions don't help your cause any, and I'm saying this more as one player to another than a player who suspects another player.
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 104

Post by borokkuei »

BigDamnHero wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:BDH, I also want to know what you're currently thinking. You've had some interesting observations to make, but you haven't really voiced any suspicions lately... any ideas?
I've been trying to go through borokkuei's posts today because something has made me feel uneasy about him since this post:

w00t

RIP if you were a civ, llama. I didn't have a read on you at all, but hopefully you were bad, considering you're dead now.
not sure what TFW means, but he's happy someone died...really?!?!?! While there were many questions about Llama's affiliation (i think most of us were leaning more toward Llama being one of the civilians), in the end, he was killed by the blue laser team which is a victory for the badguys and hardly something to celebrate.

Then there's this post:
borokkuei wrote:Oh, I didn't know that about the "survived a lynch thing"-- that he has previously almost been lynch, survived it, and the ratio of civ to bad roles that had that power.

I think everyone is underestimating the degree at which I am totally not paying attention to anything. If that makes me look like a baddie, then I guess I agree, but by now there's nothing I can do about that.

linki: again, I dunno why I survived that trogdor thing. All I know is that it was a "host error". For all I know, someone messaged daisy with a message like "lol I'm trogdor kill brorokrkuieiiiiiii"
First, how could he not know about Llama surviving the lynch unless he truly is not paying attention. Which brings me to this theory...

What if Borokuei is trogdor? He could've sent his hut selection in and the "host error" was that Daisy randomized his name in the list of everyone else in that hut. realizing she let trogdor essentially commit suicide she had to rectify the situation and brought borokkuei back. Then, as he admits, he hasn't been focusing on the game and forgot to send it his other night PMs.

Me paying attention: scrolling through every new page looking for a host post and trying to vote in the poll before time runs out. Whenever I do sign on, besides the host posts, I read quickly through the posts on the current page and use that to make my (so far neutral) judgements on everything.

I'm glad someone died because it's very clear in the host posts that daisy is kind of frustrated that people haven't been dying, thus prolonging the game that she has to host. I can understand that. I don't mind playing this game and it's interesting actually, but I'm a busy person and I don't want to be playing it forever. So yes, whether llama was good or bad, I'm glad someone died.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

BigDamnHero wrote:

w00t

Then there's this post:

I had considered the same thing, but after I thought about it, I realized that trogdor probably doesn't have to send in a hut now that it's done privately. Unless he accidentally sent one in the first night, not realizing he didn't have to. And then daisy might have randomized him, without catching it.

I don't know though. It seems like he wouldn't have to choose a hut anymore.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Spacedaisy »

Friendly word of advice from your hostess: avoid using words that degrade other players' intelligence. When you use these words you are taking the conversation from a mafia debate into personal argument territory and it will only end in someone being offended.... And possibly your own mod kill. And yes, I have replaced or mod killed players for using words like "stupid" and refusing to stop. I love you all, I get things are frustrating when people don't see things the way you do, but when you get to that point, step away from the computer, do something refreshing and remind yourself it's just a silly game and try to have fun when you come back!

Additionally, thank you MP for taking a break because you realized it was getting to you. Take it easy and remember we love you! Well, I do anyway and I'm sure a fair number of these other players do too, even if they are trying to string you up.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Well, I better explain my absense after all that theorizing. I came home today to find that my internet was down. And my landlady was making a long airport run, so she didn't get back until an hour ago. And she can really talk your leg off, so I finally just got around to getting the problem solved. Sorry everyone. I'll catch up tomorrow.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Matt »

I love you too, MP. Not as much as Daisy does, though.

Image Image Image Image
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by agleaminranks »

You know what I love? Gardettos. Gardettos are freaking delicious.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by timmer »

Hey guys, life's been busy for a few days, I'll be back in force tomorrow!
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I apologize if at some point I used a word that could be taken to be an insult towards ANYONE in this game; I would never mean it. I'm sure I probably did, so I wanted to say sorry for that.

BDH, just put yourself in my shoes for two seconds, and you'll realize why it's frustrating. If it makes me seem more suspicious to you, then whatever, because clearly a civvie can't get frustrated, right?

I'm not really upset, in reality, but it is frustrating in a meta/game way because I've been railroaded all game, and I still don't understand what these accusations even are, other than incorrect interpretations of my intentions. Nothing. Not even my voting record has been used against me, except once by BDH when he was pointing out my vote for Hedgeowl (which I explained), and my voting record is not so great.

Mongoose, BDH is really starting to bug me again. And now he's trying to get troops rallied up about borokkuei just because he said he was happy someone died... and after borokkuei explained it, it seemed totally sensible to me. Of course, borokkuei could be bad, and then my evaluation of this goes out the window, but it's what I'm thinking currently. I then asked BDH and apparently I'm still his number 1 suspect after 6 mafia days, which means either he is the most tunnel-visioned civvie I've ever seen and not willing to consider other scenarios, or he is a baddie trying to wind me up. I can't tell. And I feel I can't properly issue an opinion on the matter at all because he's been attacking me all game.

I would think at least some of the baddies, particularly those at Blue Laser since they seem to think they are onto something based on their NK targets, would have cooled off of me completely by now, though. Especially because I feel I've made my role pretty obvious at some point... which I didn't want to do, but it's so evident to me that players are either ignoring the things I say (which I can get, I say a lot, but still, I've said certain things repeatedly) or they're trying to discredit me.

I unfortunately do not know who any of the baddies are and it's driving me crazy. I am thinking I'll probably end up voting S~V~S if she doesn't show up by the end of the cycle, unless something else comes up by then. I don't understand why a civvie would refuse to come back and participate.

I am so tempted to just vote for myself and get this over with, but I'd only be giving the baddies what they want... and I haven't lived long enough. I'm just so tired of being this mega lynch distraction.

Mata: Very good point. I think you might be right. Why would they even have to send in a hut once it's PM form? That kind of throws that theory completely out the window.

Timmer: Looking forward to what you have to say, buddy.

And Mongoose, if you're a baddie, then damn you. :P

If any players who suspect Vompatti could elaborate as to why they actually think that's a good idea, that'd be appreciated, because I've seen his name thrown around, and I might even agree but I'm not sure and I personally have nothing to back it up, so if anyone has anything on that front, that'd be great.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

On the topic of Vomps... Hey Vomps. What are your thoughts? I don't think I've heard a suspicion from you in a long while.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Vompatti »

My suspicions haven't changed. I'd probably go for borokkuei next, or maybe DP or maybe gleam again. I have yet to browse through the past few pages though.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

I could go for an S~V~S vote as you might recall I mentioned her a while ago. Still waiting for her answer to my question after hedge's lynch. She is number 1 on my list I think. Althoug Trog could be cleverly not killing while certain players are absent. That would be really devious.
If Trog is an absent player how can that player come back and start killing anyway? It'd be like saying hey it's me.
Unless like I said he is being really devious.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

MP and Dom both seem to be hugely overreacting to people discussing them IMO. I could be up for an SVS vote if it's possible she's T-dor (I'm basically making a thing now of not saying the SK's name properly :p No idea why, it's just fun).
Snow Dog wrote:I could go for an S~V~S vote as you might recall I mentioned her a while ago. Still waiting for her answer to my question after hedge's lynch. She is number 1 on my list I think. Althoug Trog could be cleverly not killing while certain players are absent. That would be really devious.
If Trog is an absent player how can that player come back and start killing anyway? It'd be like saying hey it's me.
That's a good point and has actually affected me before, I missed a few nights as a baddie once and then when I came back continued to not use my power so people would think I was dead. It actually worked as well. There are other ways Mr. Burnination could come back and try to avoid outing himself but certainly anyone who showed back up now around the time he started killing again would come under suspicion.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:MP and Dom both seem to be hugely overreacting to people discussing them IMO. I could be up for an SVS vote if it's possible she's T-dor (I'm basically making a thing now of not saying the SK's name properly :p No idea why, it's just fun).
Snow Dog wrote:I could go for an S~V~S vote as you might recall I mentioned her a while ago. Still waiting for her answer to my question after hedge's lynch. She is number 1 on my list I think. Althoug Trog could be cleverly not killing while certain players are absent. That would be really devious.
That's a good point and has actually affected me before, I missed a few nights as a baddie once and then when I came back continued to not use my power so people would think I was dead. It actually worked as well. There are other ways Mr. Burnination could come back and try to avoid outing himself but certainly anyone who showed back up now around the time he started killing again would come under suspicion.
My only issue with voting SVS is that she could be being set up. Gotta vote for someone though and if she don't reply soon she's geting my vote.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Leamiteo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I obviously need to walk away, so that is what I am doing.

:hug: I pay attention! It's just a lot to digest at times. :p

My suspicions have been Dom, juliets, borok.

My ping I get from Dom is the way he causually moves his suspicion from one civ (and people we are accepting to be/have been civs) to the next along with the crowd. I suppose anyone could be accused of this early in the game, but his accuracy with moving away from civs once the bandwagon forms is a bit too agile if you ask me. :eye:

Juliets, I am 50/50 on, but she makes me a bit nervous. At this point I am leaning more civvie, but every once and a while I fear the wolf in sheep's clothing. I'll have to go back to see what exactly made my hair stand on end.

I think borok is possibly civvie confused. I will give him the BOTD. If he's bad I'll be upset though. :srsnod:

I agree that this lynch is VERY important. I want to do re-reading before I jump on the SVS bandwagon, but the silent spell is eerie, I agree.

OK, once again, I am not paid to play mafia...but now I kinda am. XD

Alright, carry on! I'll be back with thoughts after work!
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Good points about Dom. But from what i have seen of his play it's his regular style. Still his drive by from nowhere no argument vote for my very self is still bothering me.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Leamiteo I hope you will soon find what it is about me that makes your hair stand on end. I would like to reply to it while its fresh on your mind.

There is something very odd about S~V~S's absence. MP, you think her computer problem has been solved yet I haven't even seen her on the site much less here in the game. I know her game well enough to know she is not one to hide just because she is bad. Does anyone have any information? Kate if you're still reading the game or bea do you guys know any reason why she would be non-responsive? I understand why so many want to vote her and I too think the evidence points to her being Trog which means I may have to vote her too but I'm going to try to wait until I'm sure she's not going to respond.

I ddon't know what to think about borok. MP your dialogue with him led me to believe he is just a civv who is not really playing the game to the fullest. But then BDK reminded me about the comment borok made about llama dying. Maybe I'm just ultra sensitive about that because I feel sure I know who llama was by the clues in the thread (and if I could figure it out then I know the baddies could). For the moment I'm going to push borok's comments aside and label my reaction as emotional, and go with my thought that he's just a civv not playing the game up to his potential.

Just one more comment, I agree with Snow who says Dom looks like his normal self. MP I thought I saw him say he didn't suspect you though I may have read that wrong. Anyway, I'm not suspicious of Dom at the moment.

Ok, I'm just hoping we her something from S~V~S soon. I guess lunch time is the soonest we can expect her though.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

On my lunch break and unfortunately I have to vote now. Going with SVS because I think she's the most likely candidate for Trogdor imo.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Snow Dog wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:MP and Dom both seem to be hugely overreacting to people discussing them IMO. I could be up for an SVS vote if it's possible she's T-dor (I'm basically making a thing now of not saying the SK's name properly :p No idea why, it's just fun).
By set up, do you mean a wily player here is actually Trogdor and is taking advantage of her radio silence in order to frame her? If that's what you meant, I hadn't thought of that. I'm going to give her as long as I can before voting her, because I'm heavily leaning that way too.

My only issue with voting SVS is that she could be being set up. Gotta vote for someone though and if she don't reply soon she's geting my vote.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for the thoughts, Vomps and Leamiteo. And thanks, I know everyone here tries their best, I just have A LOT to say much of the time. :P I'll recognize that.

Vompatti, even knowing borokkuei quite well, you still think he's most worthy of your vote right now? If so, why? Just curious.

Leamiteo, I agree on Dom, but I'm really not sure what to make of him. He acts like this pretty much every time we play together and I have a hard time telling if he's civvie or baddie sometimes. Some of his behavior has seemed civvie-oriented to me, but at times I've thought the same as you in that he seems to be moving his suspicions a bit... I notice he suspected me and llama hard and sort of dropped llama... I'd have to read back all of his posts honestly. I don't think I'll be voting for him any time soon though, despite our back and forth.

Also, I'm interested towards your thoughts on juliets. I've had the same sort of gut read of her all game, just very hesitant to trust her, but she's not given me too much reason to think BADDIE or anything. For now I'm just keeping her on my radar like everyone else and I don't really have anything to highlight, but if you notice anything in particular, that would be of note.

JC and Leamiteo, I'm feeling the way you do regarding borokkuei. I am leaning confused/inattentive civvie, but there's this voice in the back of my head saying he definitely could still be baddie. My dialogue with him actually didn't go the way I was expecting it to... going into Day 6, I thought he'd be likely to receive my vote. Not so much anymore.

JC, as to Dom, it seems like he's been gunning hard at me for a long time and I don't remember him saying that, so it's possible I missed it. If you find it, let me know. I do remember him saying he'd give me the BOTD for a cycle, but it seems that has ended.

As to S~V~S, I am very lost here. It's so unlike S~V~S in general to even do anything like this, regardless of alignment. I haven't really seen her around the site at all either, so I'm hesitant to just lynch her, especially because it leads us no information. A baddie is a baddie, so I'm still tempted, but I think I want to vote elsewhere. Has anyone been in contact with her or knows what's going on?
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

MovingPictures07 wrote:On the topic of Vomps... Hey Vomps. What are your thoughts? I don't think I've heard a suspicion from you in a long while.
See this is interesting to me because I don't really remember hearing many suspicions AT ALL from Vompatti. So i did a quick glance through his posts and here's what I found (sorry, but there's going to be LOTS of quotes and my stream of thought may jump around a bit but I'll try to make my points as clear and concise as possible):

While he's posted a lot (163 posts to date I believe), a good 90% of them are only a couple words or maybe a full sentence (The longest post he had was to tell a ghost story on a day when he believed that was the secret event). Almost NO in-depth discussion or analysis at all. Here are the posts of his where he talks about suspicions of other players:
Day 2
Vompatti wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Tired of waiting. I'm voting for Devin too.
The same.
Day 3
Vompatti wrote:Never mind, just saw the last page.

Devin is the most likely baddie if you ask me, but I'm not voting yet in case I need to vote for MP to save myself.
Vompatti wrote:I'm *voting MP* because I don't want to vote llama and I'm not convinced by the case on Hedgeowl at all.
Vompatti wrote:Oh well, I'm still leaning on Hedge being civ.
(which we later find out is true, hedge WAS a civ).
Vompatti wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Ture. I have a feeeling this will end badly. :(
Spread out votes are never good and I agree, it is possible these leading candidates are civvies (I know for a fact one is and strongly feel another one is). However, your statement pings me just slightly.

Who do you think is most worthy to die today, then?
Possibly A Person. I didn't think he'd get any more votes so I voted for you. I still Devin is the most likely baddie but he hasn't got any votes so far.
Vompatti wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Ture. I have a feeeling this will end badly. :(
Spread out votes are never good and I agree, it is possible these leading candidates are civvies (I know for a fact one is and strongly feel another one is). However, your statement pings me just slightly.

Who do you think is most worthy to die today, then?
Possibly A Person. I didn't think he'd get any more votes so I voted for you. I still Devin is the most likely baddie but he hasn't got any votes so far.
I will eat a hat if Devin is a baddie. Seriously.

And why AP?
Because he clearly wants to die, and I don't think llama or Hedge are bad, and I'm not sure about you either.
Day 4
Vompatti wrote:ture

also, please don't vote Lizzy . . . or else. :mafia:
Vompatti wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Matt F wrote: Not only did she not vote for him, but now she says...
Lizzy wrote:I would prefer to get rid of the killers who can nominally decide who dies first.
^^ After being asked if she would vote for DP anytime soon.

So, despite her believing DP is Trogdor, she has ZERO interest in voting for him any time in the future.

The rest of ya all, can obviously make up your own minds, but this doesn't sit right with me.
You're on fire today, Matt! Another great observation about Lizzy. Why would anyone, from either team, not want to kill Trogdor when they had the chance?
Could this mean that . . . Lizzy is Trogdor? :overreact:
Vompatti wrote:I have to say the above post by Lizzy strtonognly seems like a civivive post to me. It even has quotes adnd several paraggppharrghs and stuff. :srsnod:
(though from the context reading I guess there's some connection between Vompatti and Lizzy outside the game so I'm not sure this was necessarily game-related but since it was all in an on-topic color I decided to include them)
Vompatti wrote:To be honest I think Borokkuei would be playing this way even if he was civ.
Vompatti wrote:I randomized between the baddies and got Devin, but since he's not on the poll I'm voting for myself for reasons I'm not allowed to discuss.
First off, how could he know who the baddies are unless he is one of them, and then why did he think Devin was bad when most felt he was civ at this point? Shortly thereafter he posts this:
Vompatti wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I randomized between the baddies and got Devin, but since he's not on the poll I'm voting for myself for reasons I'm not allowed to discuss.
Who else is on your list of baddies, if you don't mind me asking?
I'm not sure anymore. I think my list might have been wrong. :sigh:
So where was this list? Because from what I've read up to this point he's barely said much about anyone which would comprise a list of anything.
Vompatti wrote:I have a feeling that MP is attempting to pass as a civ by flooding the thread with seemingly civ-like walls of text that I'm not going to bother reading. :srsnod:
Vompatti wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Okay, let's focus on someone else and give Alex a break. What do we think about Borok, for example.
I think he's been jumping to conclusions quite lightly and paying even less attention to the game than I have. Plus I think he wants me dead.
Day 5:
Vompatti wrote:Whoa, I didn't realize it was Monday already. Voted for Gleam.
I find this out of place is because he didn't even participate in ANY discussion that day except to make this comment:
Vompatti wrote:
timmer wrote:Also, Vompatti doesn't seem to be contributing much beyond the word ture, which I'm sad to have to ask is a deliberate misspelling of true?
ture

I haven't been in the mood lately. I think I might be bipolar or something.
So to sum up, Vompatti had suspicions about Devin, A Person, Movingpictures, and then the out of nowhere vote for Gleam (which was the trending vote that particular day). A few of you have made comments about people laying low and "blending in." Well I think the biggest blender in this game may just be Vompatti....and I don't mean that in a good "Hey' let's make some margaritas and have a fiesta" kind of way.

Timmer had it right in that last post I quoted saying Vompatti didn't seem to be contributing much, and then vompatti explains it away by stating he "hasn't been in the mood." Is it possible that Vompatti could be Trogdor? I mean there was even an earlier quote saying he was paying even less attention than borrukuei.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, Bullz, as to overreacting, I'll openly admit that. I'm insanely invested in this game and my life is a bit on the stressful side at times these past few weeks, so it's made for an interesting combo.

Not only that, but I've received two or more lynch votes so far every single day period. No one else has. Sad to say it isn't too different from most games I play anymore.

As to Dom's overreactions, they seem in character, though they do seem a bit more amplified than normal. I'm having trouble discerning what that means, if anything.

Mata, what are your current evaluations; who are you eyeballing? I'm curious.

Woah, LINKI! Hold on, let me read that.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

agleaminranks wrote:You know what I love? Gardettos. Gardettos are freaking delicious.
Those are shoes, right?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

BDH, very nice points and summary about Vomps. He seemed to always believe Devin was bad though (which made no sense to me). I was really hoping someone would go back and look at Vomps's behavior. I glanced at his voting record but that was about it.

I never really could tell too much with him this game because he seems mostly like his normal self. However...

I think what's REALLY notable is that you pointed out Vomps said this:
Vompatti wrote:To be honest I think Borokkuei would be playing this way even if he was civ.
And now he's saying borokkuei is "still" at the top of his list.

When you add in other actions of his... it makes an interesting case. Not convinced, but I could see a Vomps vote being wise for sure... and I just might vote for him.

Did you notice any other behavior too or was that everything right there?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And as to him being Trogdor... it's possible. But for some reason I'm thinking, if Vomps is not civvie, he's more likely a baddie. But I won't complain either way.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

My post earlier got eaten. It was mostly in response to Snowy's positing that SVS may be getting framed for being Trogdor due to her absence. Basically, I stated that I had not thought of a potential framing situation, but I wasn't sure how likely that would be.
Why would Trog take the chance that he would get offed in the interim while trying to frame someone? S/he would have lost out on several prospective kills (kills that may have been the exact people to vote for him in the Day Poll).

I'm leaning toward SVS, but I would like to give her chance to come in and give us the scoop. I don't think anything will come out of voting Gleam 2 days in a row, but we should know more information after today's vote result.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Interesting thoughts on Vomps and I'd kind of forgotten about him after early suspicions. Yes....I may give SVS and Dom the botd and could swing round to Vomps.

idk.

SVS
Dom
Vompatti

That is my suspicion list so far. Juliets I can't read to be frank. She could very easily by a baddie just slipping by though.

linki Mongoose.

That theory of mine is a bit far fetched. just a thought though. Would be very crafty to lay low while people are absent and watch the lynchings.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Mongoose, BDH is really starting to bug me again. And now he's trying to get troops rallied up about borokkuei just because he said he was happy someone died... and after borokkuei explained it, it seemed totally sensible to me. Of course, borokkuei could be bad, and then my evaluation of this goes out the window, but it's what I'm thinking currently. I then asked BDH and apparently I'm still his number 1 suspect after 6 mafia days, which means either he is the most tunnel-visioned civvie I've ever seen and not willing to consider other scenarios, or he is a baddie trying to wind me up. I can't tell. And I feel I can't properly issue an opinion on the matter at all because he's been attacking me all game.
Let the record reflect that I am watching that situation as well.
MovingPictures07 wrote: And Mongoose, if you're a baddie, then damn you. :P
Don't worry, I'm not! It's exceedingly obvious when I'm a slippery serpent.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm adding BDH to my list as well. His relentless pursuit of MP pings me rather.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

@movingpictures RE: vompatti...(im away from computer & on phone right now)
The only thing I can say about vompatti's behavior is that it's been consistent throughout the game, but that's not saying much at all. A player who doesn't engage in discussion or say much of anything is hard to get a read on. He could be laying low to avoid suspicion or so as not to draw much attention to himself for whatever reason. The only reason for the latter I could see us if he was a powerful/important civilian role, but since our most powerful civilian is already dead, I don't see this as being a likely reason to remain quiet.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, Bullz, as to overreacting, I'll openly admit that. I'm insanely invested in this game and my life is a bit on the stressful side at times these past few weeks, so it's made for an interesting combo.

Not only that, but I've received two or more lynch votes so far every single day period. No one else has. Sad to say it isn't too different from most games I play anymore.

As to Dom's overreactions, they seem in character, though they do seem a bit more amplified than normal. I'm having trouble discerning what that means, if anything.

Mata, what are your current evaluations; who are you eyeballing? I'm curious.

Woah, LINKI! Hold on, let me read that.
First of all, apologies to the host and players, I have been so sucked into indiglos contests at HV that I can't concentrate in a huge game like this one.

My state of mind is at a point of 'ruling out' rather than trying to convince myself that anyone is bad. If I can't rule out thread evidence, then I might have to seriously consider a player as bad.

So- I mentioned last night the stuff about borok. He might have mistakenly sent in a hut on the first private night, but other than that being the host error, I wouldn't connect him to Trog.

SVS, I would think that if she missed more than two nights, the host would have replaced her. Since this has not happened, I wonder if she just has a role with no night action. I would have to see who it was that she replaced and when, which I think is a good thing for me to pursue tonight. She could well be on a baddie team, they can carry out her actions for her, but I would still think after several days of no posting, she would get replaced. Not sure what to think.

I do think that Trog may have died, but if not, I will say this- shortly after someone first brought up a Trog/svs connection, DP was right on it. It made me feel just a little antsy about Mr. Silent-type.

I also agree that Gleam should be left alone for a few days. Or should I say nights? Time will tell, unfortunately, if he is a civ.

Random thought on BDH- he's played remarkably well for a first timer with no team. But, I have seen a few other players do that. No on second thought, I haven't. The players I'm thinking of were on baddie teams. But on the flip side, most new players on teams don't do as well either, so maybe he's just really born to mafia.

I'm not good at reading JC's baddie game. She seems civ to me but I'm still watching. Because I'm not good at reading her baddie game. :)

That goes for a lot of people though.

I'll be back later with more thoughts.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Snow Dog wrote:Interesting thoughts on Vomps and I'd kind of forgotten about him after early suspicions. Yes....I may give SVS and Dom the botd and could swing round to Vomps.

idk.

SVS
Dom
Vompatti

That is my suspicion list so far. Juliets I can't read to be frank. She could very easily by a baddie just slipping by though.

linki Mongoose.

That theory of mine is a bit far fetched. just a thought though. Would be very crafty to lay low while people are absent and watch the lynchings.
But I'm not a baddie slipping by. Is there something specific that is bothering you or is it just you're not sure?

Also, CBK, I asked you for your thoughts on why I was bothering you but i don't believe I've seen them yet. Possibly you posted and I didn't see it but I'd really like to know what your thoughts were/are pretty soon so your comment is not lingering out there without response.

MP as for Vompatti I can't tell a thing. As BDH pointed out he's been consistent since the beginning of the game. I haven't played many other games with him and just can't seem to differentiate his baddie game from his civvie game. In other words, I am no help with him. I am interested though in why you think if he's not a civv he's a baddie and not Trog. Is it because he's been around consistently?

On BDH I'm not convinced either way. Usually if someone has a suspicion and after a few days it hasn't caught fire they put it at least on the back burner or maybe even drop it in the face of other evidence. BDH has not. One part of me says he is convinced that you are bad and refuses to put it aside like someone else might do. In that case I don't know how I could fault him. On the other hand I don't think you are bad but that's because of the whole llama thing and I don't know whether he just missed that so hasn't used it as counter evidence or whether he thinks you were just faking it to get out of the llama dispute altogether, or some other reason I'm not thinking of. I'm keeping an eye on the situation though.

I'm sure there's someone else you asked about but its not coming to mind so I'll return if I haven't addressed something.

Oh, DP. I agree with your thoughts on him right now. And I forgot to look back on Dom - I'll do that right now.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”