Geddup Noise (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 110

Re: Homestar Runner [Night 6]

Post by S~V~S »

Well, the person I replaced was pretty much a no show as far as i could tell, and Trogdor killed before i joined the game, and I was around the night he apparently missed one kill so *shrug*. So I think you are stretching, but I agree it is an easy stretch to make.

Linki~And other than defending against the indefensible, i.e., what did not happen (and could have not happened for more reasons than one person lost their net for a few days), what am I answering to exactly, Mongoose? could you summarize for me? I was not totally caught up BEFORE i lost my connection, so catching up totally at this point would be too daunting, and i don;t want to ask to be replaced at this point.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

If Trogdor's absent kills are due to the player also being absent, I think if I were that player I'd wait at least a night or two until I start using my power again, in hopes that people would attribute it to something else. When your character has such a noticeable effect on the game your absence is also noticeable, there's no avoiding that really.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Post by BigDamnHero »

Does anybody know, has Snow Dog ever explained why he's publicly announcing which hut he's hiding in....or at least which hut he CLAIMS to be hiding in?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

BigDamnHero wrote:Does anybody know, has Snow Dog ever explained why he's publicly announcing which hut he's hiding in....or at least which hut he CLAIMS to be hiding in?
I thought it might be baddie-baiting? But that's the thing, just as you have alluded to, any of us can claim we are in one hut and really be in another, so I think everyone is going to take those sorts of declarations with a grain of salt.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Well, the person I replaced was pretty much a no show as far as i could tell, and Trogdor killed before i joined the game, and I was around the night he apparently missed one kill so *shrug*. So I think you are stretching, but I agree it is an easy stretch to make.

Linki~And other than defending against the indefensible, i.e., what did not happen (and could have not happened for more reasons than one person lost their net for a few days), what am I answering to exactly, Mongoose? could you summarize for me? I was not totally caught up BEFORE i lost my connection, so catching up totally at this point would be too daunting, and i don;t want to ask to be replaced at this point.

At least you're not dead in all your current Syndicate games.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

[2quote="A Person"]If Trogdor's absent kills are due to the player also being absent, I think if I were that player I'd wait at least a night or two until I start using my power again, in hopes that people would attribute it to something else. When your character has such a noticeable effect on the game your absence is also noticeable, there's no avoiding that really.[/quote]

True, and I replaced someone who was not participating, and Trogdor killed before I replaced in. It is also possible that if Trogdor even can choose to not pick a hut (@ Daisy~ CAN Trogdor choose to not pick a hut?) he might have chosen to miss a kill when someone was known to be unable to get online. It is no less plausible than that I could have sent PMs to Daisy, with whom I am Facebook friends, on my phone, if I had regular PMs to send, especially Trogdor PMs, he only has to send a number, and you don't have to follow the thread to do that. I have used the Facebook BTS/PM method in other games, both as a player and as a host. Facebook on phone=Easy, especially when i cannot get online otherwise.

Linki @ Llama :hugs:

I was kinda surprised to find myself not dead, lol.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

We are all concerned that Trogdor is someone that hasn't been around a lot - because there's been missing PMs and he's not killed in ages. Some have batted around the idea that he's been killed, but I think most of us don't think that theory holds much water. Of course, Troggie could be framing you and/or DP, by pretending to be dead, but a lot of us aren't sold on that either. I'm really not trying to make you feel like you are on trial the second you get back in here; I'd totally want some leniency if I had internet issues. But we've all been awful curious about The Trogdor Situation.

We just want to hear what you think of all that before we go jumping to conclusions. I hoped that helped and that is what you wanted to know?

I hope you decide to stay. I know this game has seemed more like a marathon than a sprint, but we've had a lot of fun in it over the last few week, and I think you will enjoy yourself if you stay.

linki - Thanks for the response. I agree that it is quite easy to facebook on one's phone but not mafia on one's phone. I think your rationale about sending in easy peasy PMs about the hut number makes a LOT of sense, so I appreciate your candor.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Trogdor missed 2 kills? Becasue he killed someone who came back, right? Borok? I was around part of night 3, and anyone who has hosted me can tell you I am Johnny on the spot with the PMs, I send them fast.

So this looks more like an opportunistic way to take advantage of someones RL circumstances to me, tbh. I want to know what Daisy says about Trogdor intentionally missing a PM.

Has DP also been AWOL? That does NOT mean I think anything because of this, but people have mentioned that. DP could be AWOL regardless of affiliation, and that does not make him an SK, either.

And Mongoose, I hope to be able to stick around~ it just was really lame doing all that catching up, then being sidelined. I did not expect to be alive. My point was that I am asking for people to give me the Cliff Notes version, since I really do not want to have to catch up again.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 257

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:My point was that I am asking for people to give me the Cliff Notes version, since I really do not want to have to catch up again.
Hard luck for you that the King of the Summarizers has been slain.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Srsly :(
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I can tell you some stuff from my perspective, but it will be totally subjective.

Vompers done died. I can't read him very well, so I did not vote for him. I think I will know better next time what he is like as a baddie.

Llama done died because he is bad at staying alive in Mafia games after he won so many in quick succession.

Hedge was voted out erroneously because of what looked like a suspicious last minute vote to save Eloh, who was declared a baddie.

There was talk over whether was Devin was good or bad (he is also dead) but we were splitsies on that.

There may have been some talk over MP's innocence or guilt, I'm not really sure.

DP has been a bit AWOL. He checks in from time to time but isn't able to say much of substance because he can't get caught up on all this.

CBK has been more active and has been posting thoughtful commentary.

Daisy brought out all the stops and somehow convinced Little Tiger and Indi to come join this party of verbosity, and they very graciously agreed. Daisy is possibly magic for her ability to do that and I am pretty sure she could have been on OJ's Defense Team.

Matt F has continued to do his thing.

DFaraday has been extremely MIA

Borok said some things we found suspicious, but then (imo) he had a good reasoning for it.

Gleam and Dom are players.

Juliets and I analyzed some things.

Lea brought some croissants.

Shucks yall, I'm about dried up.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

But I took votes for MIA, DP took votes for "kinda" mia, and Faraday took none? Intersting~

When I took my third, Vomp had 3, and so did DP. Vomp WAS a baddie, on the same team as whats her face. I think come day, i am gonna look at the Whats Her Face vote again. I recll that I thought that maybe most of her teammates voted early, since there was no real move to save her (other than seemingly Hedgie, who I was most obv incorrect about). So it seems there was no real move to save Vomps, either. And I am not gonna say I think BDH was doing that, as it is very possible that he was not, as Hedge was not.

But yeah, the early/non voters in Elos lynch, in combo with the same group in Vomps lynch, may help narrow that group down.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by DFaraday »

Oh, I guess I was wrong. Great result, people who voted!

I still don't get the MP suspicion (as I haven't all game). At times it feels a bit forced to me.

*Night hides*

*Pretty much the same thing I do in the day*

EBWOP: SVS, I think the reason DP and I got off easier on that point is because we're both notorious for flying under the radar, whereas you're rather outspoken more often than not, so your absence was very noticaeble.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Hmm, looking at the votes again I notice that DP got as many as SVS, but the discussion about Trogdor was much more aimed at SVS than DP.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Um, DP had as many votes as me.

LOL, linki.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Awesome timing, BTW :)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DFaraday wrote:

EBWOP: SVS, I think the reason DP and I got off easier on that point is because we're both notorious for flying under the radar, whereas you're rather outspoken more often than not, so your absence was very noticaeble.
I think there's a lot of truth in that statement.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So...only people who play a flashy in your face game miss PMs? :o

Again, waiting to hear what Daisy says on the PM thing, and going to bed. Glad to be alive :D
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by indiglo »

BigDamnHero wrote:So here's my quandry: the going theory is that Trogdor has been either absent or not paying attention (possibly that he's been very VERY unlucky with his targets). It has also been theorized that SVS is the top candidate to fall under these former parameters. How exactly does she defend against this? Whether she's trogdor or not, she has to deny everything, but she can't really argue against the circumstances around the events as they've played out (i.e. she hasn't been around and there've been no trogdor kills). And if she's any other character who has some sort of night power that we haven't seen yet, it'd still basically be like outing herself if something happens tonight that we haven't seen.

Sometimes it's surprising how much can be learned by the way someone reacts to suspicion / accusation / being mentioned. It's not always so much in defending behavior (though sometimes it is) as it is sometimes watching how they react, and exactly what avenues they choose to use as a defense.

I've been known to push people's buttons a lot in past games just to see how they react. Their reaction often tells me much - if it's a player I'm familiar with. I try to play with a different style now though, and stop pushing buttons so much. I remain intently interested, however, in how anyone attempts to defend themselves. A good defense has saved many a civ at the last moment, while a bad defense has clenched many a mafia lynchings. ;)

That's just my own experience though, and everyone is different. :)
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Epignosis »

I AM THE MOD
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Spacedaisy »

Of course, any player can intentionally not send in a Night PM or hut choice. And they can send in a PM saying they choose not to use their ability.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 94

Post by BigDamnHero »

Mongoose wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:Does anybody know, has Snow Dog ever explained why he's publicly announcing which hut he's hiding in....or at least which hut he CLAIMS to be hiding in?
I thought it might be baddie-baiting? But that's the thing, just as you have alluded to, any of us can claim we are in one hut and really be in another, so I think everyone is going to take those sorts of declarations with a grain of salt.
I've been leaning mostly toward believing Snow Dog is amongst the civilians, but him calling out his hut choices has me a little on edge, mainly because I could see it as a devious strategy from a bad guy. The 2 scenarios I'm envisioning are as follows:

1) Many of us think Snow Dog is a civ. His act of bravery by publicly announcing a hut is a trap where those of us think he can be trusted silently choose the same hut as him and are basically walking into the spider's web.

2) Claiming a hut publicly may cause many rational thinkers to NOT want to choose the same hut thereby eliminating one of the huts Trogdor would want to choose from. So now rather than worry about who is in any of the 5 huts, Trogdor only has to choose from 4 since it's unlikely anyone would choose the publicly announced hut.

Thoughts?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by timmer »

Great result! :noble:

so... yeah. I'll be saying MP is bad until I'm proven right or wrong, from here on out. Even on Day 1, I could see that he was being too posty and distracting and taking the spotlight. He's the perfect cheerleader.

Here are his mentions of Vompatti. I bolded the key words. See if he ever, even one time, seriously considered voting Vompatti, (except for Day 1) despite talking about him a lot.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't have time to fully catch up currently, and won't likely be back for a while, but Mata, to address your concern: I said I was voting Vomps to see what would happen.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I even acknowledged that I disagreed with gleam and was not AT ALL latching onto his suspicions of Vomps. I just wanted to see what would happen when Vomps had two votes and there had only been three votes made. I felt it might have give us information more than any other option I could do at the time. If you disagree with my methods, fine. Go ahead. But I'm playing this game in a way I can best throw off the baddies and help accomplish my win condition. If you feel that makes me baddie, vote for me. But no one has one explained to me how my Vomps vote even makes me baddie. Even if Vompatti had been railroaded and lynched and flipped civvie, he could have been a sacrifice that led us to sorting out which players bandwagoned onto him nefariously and we could have nabbed a baddie on Day 2. There was any possible way it could have turned out.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mata, regarding Vomps... I really don't know. He is quite hard to read, despite the fact that I know him. I don't feel that great about it, but I m far from convinced of his baddieness.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I am open to other topics though too, like hedge, or maybe even Vomps idk about him, or even others... But idk.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
At this point, I plan to vote Hedge if at all possible. if I have to save in a specific set of circumstances, I guess I might vote AP or Vomps even (seems very unlikely).
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I need to mull on things and see which players should be analyzed because we definitely need to look elsewhere in addition to BDH, Vomps, A Person, et al.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Also, I don't know who any of the baddies are right now. I do suspect BDH, I'm starting to wonder about Lizzy and a few others, but I feel like I'm still (and we in general, as a thread) are shooting in the dark right now, because llama and I were major suspects yesterday (both not bad), Hedgeowl was obviously not bad, no idea on AP, and no idea on Vomps (but he only had 2 votes).
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom, any reason why Snow Dog and Vomps?
MovingPictures07 wrote:The only two I'm really unsure of in that regard are BDH and Vomps, I'm really unsure of them.
MovingPictures07 wrote:BDH, very nice points and summary about Vomps. He seemed to always believe Devin was bad though (which made no sense to me). I was really hoping someone would go back and look at Vomps's behavior. I glanced at his voting record but that was about it.

I never really could tell too much with him this game because he seems mostly like his normal self. However...

I think what's REALLY notable is that you pointed out Vomps said this:
Vompatti wrote:To be honest I think Borokkuei would be playing this way even if he was civ.
And now he's saying borokkuei is "still" at the top of his list.

When you add in other actions of his... it makes an interesting case. Not convinced, but I could see a Vomps vote being wise for sure... and I just might vote for him.

Did you notice any other behavior too or was that everything right there?
MovingPictures07 wrote:And as to him being Trogdor... it's possible. But for some reason I'm thinking, if Vomps is not civvie, he's more likely a baddie. But I won't complain either way.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JC, as to Vomps being more likely baddie than Trogdor... I suppose he could be Trogdor, but his behavior seems more likely indicative of a baddie than Trogdor. I think Vompatti would send in his PMs if he was around, and he has been.

Unless Vompatti can give a satisfactory answer to the observation regarding his change in mind re: borokkuei, I'm pretty sure I will be giving him my vote.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Vompatti looks pretty bad. His explanation saying he didn't say borokkuei was civ (he said he would play the same if he were civ) and that he is "unpredictable", in addition to all the behavior BDH highlighted, showcase a likely baddie Vompatti. I do hesitate just a bit because he can play really weird games, regardless of alignment, but I think he is definitely a quite likely baddie at this point.

That being said...
Snow Dog wrote:I'm coming full circle and thinking of Mp as bad again. Which totally would let BDH off the hook for me. I gave him the bernefit because other players said he was civ. I got my eye on you Alex. You keep me close it seems and then you seem to hang me out and say hey SD agrees with me,that is suspicious right? If you are civ then agreeing with you shouldn't be a problem. I think you are trying to hard MP.

Votes MP
You know what, Snowie, this is the most well-illustrated point I've seen all game. I think I agree.

votes MP

Linki with Vomps: Lolwut
Two things. First, I had to trim virtually every one of these posts because MP mentioned on average about 12 players in each post. More than half of his posts are walls. So he's managed to mention Vomps over and over, but do you see the pattern? It's always "yeah, hmm, maybe, but I'd like to hear more about this other guy". Every post is a subtle "meh" or attempt to ask about someone else.

But secondly, the damning part is that last post. The lynch was close, no one had a big lead in votes. And after saying what he did in those last few posts, MP.... votes for himself.

Why would he do this? Read his posts. This was "quite likely" a baddie Vomps. Vomps had MAYBE a 2 vote lead in the poll at the time, I'll have to check. And MP votes for himself in a clumsy sort of "oh, did I say something weird?" way. Note the "linki" at the end. He hadn't finished posting when Vomps said what he said. MP could have changed his mind but vote for himself anyway.

Why?

I think it was a last ditch attempt to try something, ANYTHING, to make people look away from Vomps. Because why not? If I'm rigt, MP is the cheerleader, and thus wouldn't have died if he were the lynch leader. So he tried one little try to sway the thread, after saying Vomps was almost certainly bad. It's so obvious to me. MP has talked about EVERYONE in this game without ever saying ANYTHING. And this string of posts is all of the proof i need.

He's the cheerleader.

thank you.
My siggie.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Snow Dog »

Thanks timmer. I think I agree. Feel better about my vote now.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

You're right, timmer, I never seriously considered voting for Vompatti. I have a really hard time reading him, thought he might be baddie this game, but couldn't think of anything he did that stood out as particularly baddie. Once BDH posted his case, I noticed right away that he had clearly contradicted himself, but even then I 100% sure, because Vompatti plays some really strange ass games sometimes, regardless of alignment. If you believe a baddie MP would act that way, by all means, but anyone who's played with me knows as his teammate I would have been all over sacrificing his ass long ago.

As to how to address all of those points about Vomps... there's really not much for me to say other than they are sincere and exactly what has been going through my mind all game.

As to my self-vote, there's a method to my madness. If anyone here actually believes Snow Dog's vote made sense, then I would LOVE to hear if they can explain it to me. I was in no danger of being lynched today; my major accusers had already voted elsewhere. I wanted to see if anyone would try and save Vompatti or not because my one vote probably wasn't going to make a difference in that assessment, and not only that, but it perhaps would have made the baddies think they COULD have saved him.

Apparently, they didn't try to save him. Not sure what that tells us yet about his presumably two remaining teammates, but it ought to tell us something.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

One question for you, timmer, though. If you think I'm the Cheerleader, which roles did you have pegged for llama and gleam, out of curiosity? They both must be civvies then?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually, that's two questions. Lol.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

My case against you runs through the whole game MP. But when it came down to it I voted you because I suddenly felt a clarity that you were bad all along. I'm flip floppy with you though. I actually want to believe you I really do. You are a smart player though and if you were bad i can imagine you making these posts. it's in your nature. You confuse, it's all smoke and mirrors and trickery.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Leamiteo »

OK guys the flip flopping on MP is exhausting! I have been waffling this whole game and now am confused as ever.
The real question at this point that I am concerned with is: who is the other teen girl? We need to off her!
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok if Mp is the Cheerleader, where does that leave us with Gleam?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Snow Dog wrote:Ok if Mp is the Cheerleader, where does that leave us with Gleam?
IF I was to buy into that argument (and I don't really), then Gleam could be the Blue Laser Commander as it can only be lynched after all its cronies are dead.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Mongoose wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Ok if Mp is the Cheerleader, where does that leave us with Gleam?
IF I was to buy into that argument (and I don't really), then Gleam could be the Blue Laser Commander as it can only be lynched after all its cronies are dead.
Not true. he cannot be Night Killed until his cronies are dead.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Snow Dog wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Not true. he cannot be Night Killed until his cronies are dead.
Ugh, I keep overlooking that nuance. Well to play Devil's Adv, if MP was Cheerleader, then Gleam could have won a one night only protection from participating/winning that day's show. It seems like an appropriate prize, and could explain why he was granted immunity but isn't an unlynchable role. There could be other reasons too. That said, I don't really think any of them are Cheerleader -- that seems rather too easy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Epignosis wrote:I AM THE MOD
ture
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by A Person »

agleaminranks wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I AM THE MOD
ture
same tbh
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by indiglo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:You're right, timmer, I never seriously considered voting for Vompatti. I have a really hard time reading him, thought he might be baddie this game, but couldn't think of anything he did that stood out as particularly baddie. Once BDH posted his case, I noticed right away that he had clearly contradicted himself, but even then I 100% sure, because Vompatti plays some really strange ass games sometimes, regardless of alignment. If you believe a baddie MP would act that way, by all means, but anyone who's played with me knows as his teammate I would have been all over sacrificing his ass long ago.

As to how to address all of those points about Vomps... there's really not much for me to say other than they are sincere and exactly what has been going through my mind all game.

As to my self-vote, there's a method to my madness. If anyone here actually believes Snow Dog's vote made sense, then I would LOVE to hear if they can explain it to me. I was in no danger of being lynched today; my major accusers had already voted elsewhere. I wanted to see if anyone would try and save Vompatti or not because my one vote probably wasn't going to make a difference in that assessment, and not only that, but it perhaps would have made the baddies think they COULD have saved him.

Apparently, they didn't try to save him. Not sure what that tells us yet about his presumably two remaining teammates, but it ought to tell us something.

I've been on the fence with this whole MoPi debacle. But I call shennanigans on these 2 contradictory thoughts. If you weren't sure Vomps was bad, why did you want to see if anyone would try to save him? Since he was getting the majority of the votes, you were about to find out his role anyway. Wouldn't it make more sense to try to lynch someone you actually thought was bad, and see if anyone "tried to save Vomps" by voting that way? Instead of voting yourself?

Yeah, this post cricked my brow and I call BS. :eye:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sigh. It's not BS. I even said in the thread I likely believed him to be baddie (I wasn't ONE HUNDRED % sure). I wanted to see how the lynch would play out.

You're right, indi, since he was getting the majority of the votes, my vote didn't really matter, did it? If I seriously contemplated that my vote would matter THAT much, I probably would have played it much safer and just voted for him.

Why the fuck would I specifically draw attention to myself, if I were baddie, by voting myself? All of you seriously ask that question.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And if all of you really think there's a possibility that I'm cheerleader, then you can do two things:

1. The civvie role blocker can block me tonight. Considering Teen Girl Squad's kill failed Night 4 and I was not blocked that night, this would at least give the blocker confirmation that I am NOT the Cheerleader.

2. Lynch me. I will not survive and my intentions will be revealed.

If you really think I will survive, lynch me. It would at least give you concrete confirmation that I can survive lynches if I was Cheerleader, correct? Gleam and Llama both already survived lynches. Those are concrete facts. So to speculate that I'm more likely to be Cheerleader over Gleam just based off of a wacky interpretation of my behavior when Gleam has been shown to survive a lynch and I have not is just plain illogical.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, any of you who know my play style... my play style is MADE for The Cheerleader role. It would have been sweet for me to have; if I was going to be any baddie in this game I was REALLY eyeballing that role. But I didn't get it. I'm just playing a civvie role with my normal style. So to say that I'm Cheerleader just because I'm playing the game like I normally do... I don't understand the logic.

I question the intentions of those putting forth such an absurd assumption, but again, if you really want to test it, vote my ass out of here. You'd be wrong, but you're entitled to do it.

I'm personally going to look back, now knowing Vompatti is baddie, whenever I get a chance to do so, and try and figure out where the most logical next step of action might be. I'm currently unsure.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Dom and Juliets, MP.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm flipping back to civ MP again. Bollocks. i'm just going to give him a pass for now and concentrate on other possible baddies.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Spacedaisy »

I am putting together the night actions now and will put up the nit post as soon as I can get it finished...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

How sure are we the Gleam is the cheerleader?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Dom and Juliets, MP.
Sure! I'd love to discuss while I actually have the time.

Hmmmm... those two are tough. In my mind I could rationalize them playing the games they have been playing easily as either alignment. It really all depends on when you ask me, though I think I've wavered a bit less with juliets, who for most of the game has been a giant ???? to me. I feel no reason to overtly trust her, but she hasn't given me any reason to not do so.

Dom, on the other hand, has seemed like civvie Dom to me, but some of the logic behind his actions and posts seems to be missing at times (to me, anyway, it could just be we play very different games) and as a result it at times feels like he's baddie to me. But then I feel it's unfair to evaluate him that way... but at the same time he has been a bit manic in his defenses and suspicions. I really don't know.

Honestly, those are two players I wouldn't mind re-reading, but there's no way I can re-read everyone I feel that way about in-depth (unfortunately). Maybe I'll try though and get back to you. I have about 25 minutes right now to do so. Consequently, I will probably use that time to look at voting records and try to narrow down who I want to focus on later, and subsequently try to consider everything they've done throughout the game... if I feel I need clarification for a certain few in particular, I plan on partially or fully re-reading them tonight, assuming I have enough time after I finish the studying that I want to accomplish.

Besides me, which I know you've voiced about consistently, what are you currently thinking, Snowie?

Linki: Regarding Gleam being Cheerleader, I see a few possibilities, as I've stated earlier. He can be Homestar (but I personally don't think so, since Gleam doesn't seem to match that and there's no way he would have randomly chosen that specific night before to protect himself once, since it didn't necessarily seem like a big push), Crackotage, Homsar, or The Cheerleader. Llama must be one of those roles, and I REALLY don't think Llama was the Cheerleader. Thus, it all comes down, really, to how you've been reading Gleam. Given Gleam's actions throughout the game, I believe the shoe fits most for him to be Cheerleader, of any of those roles, and I feel somewhat confident in that assessment. I am leaving open the possibility to be proven incorrect, but for the time I'm shelving Gleam regardless, since it wouldn't matter in either scenario.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Thanks for that insight, MP. I'm a bit stumped by Dom too. The weay he just came out and voted me struck me as sus. In fact his whole game has been. But he isn't too far from civ Dom i have seen. And he can be incredibly accurate in his suspicions. As i am civ he hasn't been this time so idk. I think he only voted me that once though. He seems to be spreading it about a bit possibly? Need to check his voting record.

Juliets I just dk.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So... someone apparently wants me to talk about me, so I will say that I still think I'm baddie. Except not. At all.

Lol.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I have posting FEVER!!!

Waiting for that night post... Here's hoping for no death!
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I have posting FEVER!!!

Waiting for that night post... Here's hoping for no death!
Are you ok? :|
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm dying to know if Trogdor...damn I forgot to choose a hut!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

No. I'm not okay. I'M BETTER THAN OKAY! Assuming there's no civvie death.

Really, I'm just suffering from a case of the Fridays.

Return to “Previous Jobs”