Geki (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 58

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Round 1]

Post by malakim2099 »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm I don't like this voting for someone who doesn't post. I'm not saying MP is scummy because he initiated it, I just think it sucks for all. can't no shows be replaced with other players?
I think this combined with his consumption of most of the day going round and round with LC makes him suspicious. To me at least.

Again, maybe the long-time players can correct me here, but it just seems fishy is all. I could easily be off base.
Be the Vanguard of Destruction you want to be in the world!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 50

Post by dunya »

malakim2099 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:39 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm I don't like this voting for someone who doesn't post. I'm not saying MP is scummy because he initiated it, I just think it sucks for all. can't no shows be replaced with other players?
I think this combined with his consumption of most of the day going round and round with LC makes him suspicious. To me at least.

Again, maybe the long-time players can correct me here, but it just seems fishy is all. I could easily be off base.
I didn't go round and round with LC? I voted for him and explained why the most out of everyone else I voted for him.

Everyone else went round and round, that isn't on me.

and what is wrong with asking inactive players to be possibly replaced rather than lynched by default because they are inactive?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Hey, Mal.

Who is bad?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:35 pm I took that as him putting a playfully intense emphasis on all his questions/demands for content. I could be wrong though.
oh. Has he done it before? That's a new one for me :p
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 87

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:35 pm I thought Eloh was wushu washy in Nightvake in the exact same way she is here.
She went back and forth in night vale, but not usually in the same post. A sampling of her D1/N1 posts that game:

"I actually like this response to Epi. I think if someone grasps onto this "reason" for why Tony may be mafia, they should be looked at more closely as maybe being mafia themselves."

"So in other words, you're going to vote for someone based on your weaknesses? I think you may have my vote."

"If I could cqhnge my vote it would be to you. You're acting very scummy."

"I think I'm seeing a town golden."

"Who was it that said, "please don't vote jack" out of nowhere yesterday at end of day 1? I wanted to inquire about that."
Me, that was me. I did that. "Why did you say it?"

In night vale, Eloh flopped back and forth, sure. But she made statements. She called out things, questioned people, made calls on reads. Whereas in this game Eloh has been wishy-washy. I know it's backwards, but meta-wise: Is Eloh's current act just town unsureness?
Or is Eloh's more confident act something she does when scumhunting, since night vale had two scumteams? That would make her more scummy this game.

linki: Because of her non-committal statements, Sloon. I'm trying to figure out if Eloh's meta points one way or another right now.
How's about

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 42#p365942

and

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 30#p366030

Pretending not to understand a case and jump the gun voting for someone she doesn't actually suspect? That's what bad Eloh did in Nightvale and that looks like what she's doing here, too.
Hmm

It's a bit different with unchangeable votes, but otherwise, I do agree. There are similarities as well. Do you think the similarities outweigh the difference in tone that I demonstrated?

@anybody: If you can follow this discussion, please, give your thoughts on it :nicenod:
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 87

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:26 am Dii is prob town, I think. Despite this next comment.

The push on LC to clarify why he didn't use OT green text to comment on sloonei is pretty much the silliest (to use a nice word) exchange I've ever seen. It made LC look better for no reason. I'm not going to read into the thing on LC much. LC's defense was good, but any townie or scummie can defend against a stupid argument. Hmph.

Tinfoil MP/LC scumteam, with all the buddying and false accusations between them. Just doesn't sit well with me.
...I'm confused.

Why did you vote for LC then?
At the time I voted for LC, I hadn't read the thread at all. I only voted him as a counterwagon to Bass so people would have a choice. Heck, at the time I didn't even know bass was a no-show.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:42 pm

I didn't go round and round with LC? I voted for him and explained why the most out of everyone else I voted for him.

Everyone else went round and round, that isn't on me.

and what is wrong with asking inactive players to be possibly replaced rather than lynched by default because they are inactive?
Sorry, I meant MP and LC went round and round. Wasn't referring to you. I like what you've said so far.

Which probably means you're mafia and suckering me in. :biggrin:
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Hey, Mal.

Who is bad?
Not me? :haha:

Seriously, leaning towards MP and Eloh at this point. And maybe you, because you're posting. :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

@malakim2099 sorry, I should have realized you were talking about MP from pronouns, but it wouldn't be the first time someone confused me as a male on the internet.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:57 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:59 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:26 am Dii is prob town, I think. Despite this next comment.

The push on LC to clarify why he didn't use OT green text to comment on sloonei is pretty much the silliest (to use a nice word) exchange I've ever seen. It made LC look better for no reason. I'm not going to read into the thing on LC much. LC's defense was good, but any townie or scummie can defend against a stupid argument. Hmph.

Tinfoil MP/LC scumteam, with all the buddying and false accusations between them. Just doesn't sit well with me.
...I'm confused.

Why did you vote for LC then?
At the time I voted for LC, I hadn't read the thread at all. I only voted him as a counterwagon to Bass so people would have a choice. Heck, at the time I didn't even know bass was a no-show.
well at least you're honest :haha:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Mal is a copy cat.
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:00 pm @malakim2099 sorry, I should have realized you were talking about MP from pronouns, but it wouldn't be the first time someone confused me as a male on the internet.
No problem, I saw how that post could be confusing.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

how can we check an individuals posts in the thread?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

oh nevermind there's a fucking "isolate posts" button lmao. new forum, new things.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

malakim2099 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Hey, Mal.

Who is bad?

Seriously, leaning towards MP and Eloh at this point. And maybe you, because you're posting. :p
Why MP? Why Eloh?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:05 pm oh nevermind there's a fucking "isolate posts" button lmao. new forum, new things.
Hey Dunya
:clap:
Hey Dunya
:clap:

Who is bad besides MP, Eloh, LC? (I don't think LC is bad, I just want some original thoughts.)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Speedchuck

I think she is bad.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@speedchuck

But capitalization matters?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

My ats aren't red.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Epignosis »

You have to use the mention tags.

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]

[ mention ] [ / mention ] with the spaces gone.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:07 pm
malakim2099 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Hey, Mal.

Who is bad?

Why MP? Why Eloh?
MP's devouring the entire day going after LC, then breaking off and voting for an inactive instead just... I dunno, it rubs me the wrong way. Maybe that's just a town style for him, but to me it just feels off. Especially since that can really just drown out other possible suspects. I mean, it is Day 1, so I don't necessarily believe it for certain, but if you asked me which direction I was leaning, that would be one.

As far as Eloh is concerned... I find the logic of "vote out the non-participating" in Day 1 to be a bit suspect. Now, admittedly, I'm not used to a 'plurality vote' style of game, but where I'm from it's a great way to winnow out the town before they can be replaced with active players. And then you have the shield of "well, I didn't know they were town because they didn't say anything!"

That's why I find them both suspicious at the moment. JoH I find suspicious because I always find JoH suspicious. It's just how we do things.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 90

Post by Elohcin »

MP always seems to pick someone to go round and round with in the beginning of games. It doesn't atick out tobme as something to say he's bad.

So, wow! I don't think I've ever been analyzed this much in a game before. Please keep talking. I love hearing what you guys think my mera is. I honestly don't know if I have a specific civ or acum meta. I think I pretty much play the same either way and it's just a crapshoot whether players think I'm good or bad as well as whether I turn out to be good or bad despite their thoughts on me.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

:mad:

You cannot use certain BBCodes: [mention.
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:22 pm

MP always seems to pick someone to go round and round with in the beginning of games. It doesn't atick out tobme as something to say he's bad.

So, wow! I don't think I've ever been analyzed this much in a game before. Please keep talking. I love hearing what you guys think my mera is. I honestly don't know if I have a specific civ or acum meta. I think I pretty much play the same either way and it's just a crapshoot whether players think I'm good or bad as well as whether I turn out to be good or bad despite their thoughts on me.
I'm just enjoying trying to figure out where everyone is coming from in this new (to me) way of doing things. It's fun!

I mean, I could be totally way off base (and thanks for the clarification on MP's style), but this is something I want to do where I start reading the posts and seeing what's there instead of relying on night powers to save us. Which, admittedly, I can get lazy about at the home place. Figured this is a good way to get that out of my system.
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:23 pm :mad:

You cannot use certain BBCodes: [mention.
Your reputation clearly proceeds you. :haha:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:12 pm My ats aren't red.
When you type the @ symbol before the name of the person you are mentioning, a drop down with their name will appear, you have to click their name in order to turn it into a mention.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:33 pm
When you type the @ symbol before the name of the person you are mentioning, a drop down with their name will appear, you have to click their name in order to turn it into a mention.
@Spacedaisy

we don't get that
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:34 pm
@Spacedaisy

we don't get that
Hmm... let me look into it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

@Spacedaisy

we don't get that
Actually, I'm not seeing it either.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

malakim2099 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:36 pm
@Spacedaisy

we don't get that
your reputation precedes you... :p
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] [mention]malakim2099[/mention] [mention]dunya[/mention]
@Spacedaisy

we don't get that
Ok, so for some reason you have to put it as the first thing in the post. So when you quote someone and try to @ mention after whatever you posted it won't work. Try putting the @ mention at the top. It's kind of an inconsistent bug, sorry. Not sure the reason for this.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon

Post by malakim2099 »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:39 pm
@Spacedaisy

we don't get that
your reputation precedes you... :p

Well, then I'm gonna die tonight.
:faint:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

@Spacedaisy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Speedchuck cast an interesting vote that no one is talking about. He voted for Long con to "facilitate an alternate bandwagon" to Bass, despite not having any personal reason to vote for LC. I am leaning toward liking this move. It's a bit bold and suggests that he is not overly concerned with his appearance and any potential scrutiny he might face and, while i don't ever encourage blind bandwagoning, I like that he took a stand which allowed the lynch to remain somewhat more open than if I had just hammered home another vote on the Bass wagon, in absence of a real suspicion to call his own.

Simon and dunya also voted for LC. Dunya's vote was early and she supported herself well. I don't recall seeing Simon explain his vote. Anyone have thoughts on any of these things?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

@Spacedaisy I got no dropdown
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:55 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:35 pm I thought Eloh was wushu washy in Nightvake in the exact same way she is here.
She went back and forth in night vale, but not usually in the same post. A sampling of her D1/N1 posts that game:

"I actually like this response to Epi. I think if someone grasps onto this "reason" for why Tony may be mafia, they should be looked at more closely as maybe being mafia themselves."

"So in other words, you're going to vote for someone based on your weaknesses? I think you may have my vote."

"If I could cqhnge my vote it would be to you. You're acting very scummy."

"I think I'm seeing a town golden."

"Who was it that said, "please don't vote jack" out of nowhere yesterday at end of day 1? I wanted to inquire about that."
Me, that was me. I did that. "Why did you say it?"

In night vale, Eloh flopped back and forth, sure. But she made statements. She called out things, questioned people, made calls on reads. Whereas in this game Eloh has been wishy-washy. I know it's backwards, but meta-wise: Is Eloh's current act just town unsureness?
Or is Eloh's more confident act something she does when scumhunting, since night vale had two scumteams? That would make her more scummy this game.

linki: Because of her non-committal statements, Sloon. I'm trying to figure out if Eloh's meta points one way or another right now.
How's about

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 42#p365942

and

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 30#p366030

Pretending not to understand a case and jump the gun voting for someone she doesn't actually suspect? That's what bad Eloh did in Nightvale and that looks like what she's doing here, too.
Hmm

It's a bit different with unchangeable votes, but otherwise, I do agree. There are similarities as well. Do you think the similarities outweigh the difference in tone that I demonstrated?

@anybody: If you can follow this discussion, please, give your thoughts on it :nicenod:
I can see some similarities, but I'm not convinced that those similarities aren't because they're both Elohcin. Perhaps a Civ role she had for comparison? I mean, Night Vale she was bad, I assume. She was bad with me, I think.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ASOUE, I thought Eloh was disingenuous and she was bad.

Pokemon, I strongly thought she was good for some reason and she was.

In Nightvale, I strongly thought she was good, then when she pretended not to understand the LC case (which I strongly believed) and throw away voted Dom, I strongly believed her to be bad with LC and she was.

We've played other games together but I don't remember them. Iirc, I thought she was bad when she wasn't in one of them.

So...maybe I have a good grasp on Eloh but maybe I don't.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

More to the point, PokeEloh can be looked at for comparison.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You seem to be a good judge of Eloh, historically.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Ha....shows what you know. I honestly didn't understand the case against LC in nightvale.

I think the thing thats makes me so difficult to discern is that I am usually very honest whether I'm good or bad. I try to imagine mtself civ even if I'm bad.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JackofHearts, are you civ this game?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 289
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:42 pm
Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 pm I'm cautious because this is me. If I were to display any amount of confidence on Day 1 I'd be full on in MP hurricane mode based on very little and that typically doesn't end as well for town as I'd like it to, to put it lightly. I find that town benefits much better from me being cautious than careless.
I remember you being a tad more brazen than this in our games on OT. I like that you've stuck your neck out for some people, but tbh conversely that ties in with my fear of you treading very lightly.

If you had to choose right now, who's scum? Is your vote staying on squid? show me some fire without any actual consequences.
Probably. I'm sure I'll get brazen at some point here too like I almost always do, but my record at actually catching scum when I put my foot full on the brakes is almost certainly laughably bad. Especially early on in games the past couple of years, I try to be as measured as possible, but I'll still poke something if I feel there's something worth poking. As the game progresses I'll probably be more likely to pursue something doggedly. It depends inevitably on what happens though. If I really thought there was something super suspicious in the thread right now I'd be all over it, I think anyway. As it stands, unfortunately I think this game is a more typical Day 1 -- there's a bunch of weaksauce cases to be made that may or may not be totally legit, and I'm not in love with any of them -- specifically, the thoughts people have said re: any of the players with votes right now (Sloonei, JOH, LC, and speedchuck). With that said, however, I'm most potentially swayed by dunya's observation of LC. Just not ready to pull the trigger on it. Not convinced in the slightest by any of the others.

If I had to choose right now... ugh. I'm terrible at scum reads early in the game and these days much prefer to play POE for the first phase or two because I think it plays to my strengths. That said, I suppose I'd pick two or three of Bass, DFaraday, Dom, DrWilgy, Elohcin, and malakim to be bad (and which I choose would be basically luck at this point because none of them have literally anything substantial to judge), and then one of the players with votes right now that have some heat (JOH, Sloonei, LC, speedchuck -- GTH I'd pick LC), and then one of the more talkative bunch so far (you, Jay, dunya, Sloonei again, Blooper -- GTH I'd pick Jay). So LC, Jay, and two lurkers basically. I think.

As for what I'd do with my vote, it's very likely moving away from Blooper. I don't feel anything bad about her right now; it was basically RVS. I'd most likely vote for Bass. Not sure yet. It'd be nice if more folks popped in here soon so I can sort through how everyone else is feeling.
I hate this post. Whole lotta nothing. Like trying to guess the plot of a show. But there is no script, no writer playing up drama, just players playing and thus, no strength behind these ideas.

I dislike his interactions with LC a lot (in that LC comes out on top and MP comes across dishonest) and of course, his push on Bass, a townie.

At this point, MP is my top suspect.
I don't care if you hate it; why would this make me bad?

What specifically do you dislike about my interactions with LC? Point out what comes across as dishonest.

Blaming me for a townie death seems awfully convenient. I take full responsibility for my vote, but I wasn't the only one to vote for Bass, and I'm never going to be right all of the time. His alignment basically came down to a coin flip. Turns out this was a bad one. Oh well. It happens. If I hadn't done anything, we would have had an unknown entity flying through to LYLO because he would have likely not gotten forcibly replaced. I've seen it happen too many times before, and I didn't feel comfortable enough voting elsewhere. You think that's bad, that's your prerogative, but it's not.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:20 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:27 pm
Diiny wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:22 pm gah no roleclaiming/outing really goes against my instincts

how have you found adapting, JJJ? iirc that's how the majority of games are played here
Does this post seem forced to anyone else?

I'm not necessarily scum-reading Diiny for it, but something is off. It just seems to me Diiny is struggling coming up with conversation, but it's striking to me that he singled out Jay only for this inquiry.
i doubt diiny has bstc
How did you come to this conclusion?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:38 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:54 pm I am thoroughly underwhelmed by a Bass lynch. This is laziness. I can on rare occasion understand lynching a total lurker on a Day 1 wherein the participate rate is abysmal and there's nothing to work with, but this one hasn't been bad. There are plenty of posts, though I admit that I haven't read them all yet.
criticizes everyone
doesn't offer alternative

is bad.
To be fair, that's not true. Jay did suggest an alternative: Sloonei.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:42 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:42 pm
Diiny wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 pm I'm cautious because this is me. If I were to display any amount of confidence on Day 1 I'd be full on in MP hurricane mode based on very little and that typically doesn't end as well for town as I'd like it to, to put it lightly. I find that town benefits much better from me being cautious than careless.
I remember you being a tad more brazen than this in our games on OT. I like that you've stuck your neck out for some people, but tbh conversely that ties in with my fear of you treading very lightly.

If you had to choose right now, who's scum? Is your vote staying on squid? show me some fire without any actual consequences.
Probably. I'm sure I'll get brazen at some point here too like I almost always do, but my record at actually catching scum when I put my foot full on the brakes is almost certainly laughably bad. Especially early on in games the past couple of years, I try to be as measured as possible, but I'll still poke something if I feel there's something worth poking. As the game progresses I'll probably be more likely to pursue something doggedly. It depends inevitably on what happens though. If I really thought there was something super suspicious in the thread right now I'd be all over it, I think anyway. As it stands, unfortunately I think this game is a more typical Day 1 -- there's a bunch of weaksauce cases to be made that may or may not be totally legit, and I'm not in love with any of them -- specifically, the thoughts people have said re: any of the players with votes right now (Sloonei, JOH, LC, and speedchuck). With that said, however, I'm most potentially swayed by dunya's observation of LC. Just not ready to pull the trigger on it. Not convinced in the slightest by any of the others.

If I had to choose right now... ugh. I'm terrible at scum reads early in the game and these days much prefer to play POE for the first phase or two because I think it plays to my strengths. That said, I suppose I'd pick two or three of Bass, DFaraday, Dom, DrWilgy, Elohcin, and malakim to be bad (and which I choose would be basically luck at this point because none of them have literally anything substantial to judge), and then one of the players with votes right now that have some heat (JOH, Sloonei, LC, speedchuck -- GTH I'd pick LC), and then one of the more talkative bunch so far (you, Jay, dunya, Sloonei again, Blooper -- GTH I'd pick Jay). So LC, Jay, and two lurkers basically. I think.

As for what I'd do with my vote, it's very likely moving away from Blooper. I don't feel anything bad about her right now; it was basically RVS. I'd most likely vote for Bass. Not sure yet. It'd be nice if more folks popped in here soon so I can sort through how everyone else is feeling.
I hate this post. Whole lotta nothing. Like trying to guess the plot of a show. But there is no script, no writer playing up drama, just players playing and thus, no strength behind these ideas.

I dislike his interactions with LC a lot (in that LC comes out on top and MP comes across dishonest) and of course, his push on Bass, a townie.

At this point, MP is my top suspect.
this is a decent analysis.

specifically, i hate when mp lectures people on his own meta.
What about it is an analysis, and what about it is decent? What specifically do you find agreeable? I don't see any analysis. I just see someone stating an opinion that I'm being dishonest without any specific details. So what do you agree with exactly?

And I apologize to you and anyone else if I ever come across like I'm lecturing. That is not my intention. With that said, it'd be nice if we can keep from criticizing each other's playstyle because lord knows there are plenty of things you all do that annoy me in the moment of the game, but I don't feel like it's constructive to criticize each other, so let's please not bash my or anyone else's playstyle, thanks.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Street Fighter II Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:43 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:20 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:27 pm
Diiny wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:22 pm gah no roleclaiming/outing really goes against my instincts

how have you found adapting, JJJ? iirc that's how the majority of games are played here
Does this post seem forced to anyone else?

I'm not necessarily scum-reading Diiny for it, but something is off. It just seems to me Diiny is struggling coming up with conversation, but it's striking to me that he singled out Jay only for this inquiry.
i doubt diiny has bstc
i meant dunya
confused y'all.
Okay, well ignore my other question, but what led you to this conclusion? :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 pm dunya know the difference? ;)
Post of the game right here folks.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:41 pmHence part of my suspicion of MP and his accusations of LC falling flat.
As MP may or may not tell you, he actually defended me.

To avoid misinterpretation or whatever: I believe this is mild buddying.
Just to be clear: You believe what is mild buddying, what JOH is doing or what I am doing or something else?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:52 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:57 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:40 pm Hi Blooper!
I'll get the hang of nicknames soon enough 😃

Good luck town! It's 12.40am in Sweden and Monday morning emplloyment awaits.
Ooo, Sweden. I'm fascinated by other places because I've never been off the east coast of the United States.

I think Simon is civ. I agree with MP that his contributions seem solid. I will also say that Simon is right in that we were talking about street fighter costumes for Halloween. We like to dress up as a family sometimes and I was asking who Abigail (my daughter) and I could be. I was unsure of how many girls were in the game. And I brought up how the characters wear almost nothing and we couldn't dress like skanks (well ever!) but specifically at the end of October. Anyway. That's all I'll say about that.

I don't think LC is bad at this time. I'll tell you if I change my mind on that.

I don't think MP is bad atm either. He likes to get his boxers in a bunch Day 1, I've learned thia of him. So I don't pay him any mind.

I don't know who is bad yet, but if I had to guess it would be niju. She is awful chatty for her meta. Maybe she is just happy with that new ring on her finger. But she is definitely acting outside her usual self.

Also, sorry for not being present today. I was out all day with lots to do.
I don't like this handwavy defense of MP.

I don't like her town reading Simon when all Simon has done is town read her. Reads like a congratulations for reaching a conclusion she wants.

(I almost always scumread Eloh but she's almost always bad when we play together.)
Why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:54 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:41 pmHence part of my suspicion of MP and his accusations of LC falling flat.
As MP may or may not tell you, he actually defended me.

To avoid misinterpretation or whatever: I believe this is mild buddying.
Felt like a backtrack for sure.

Him heavily townreading me after I made one joke post also reads as buddying. It has been stated that I tend to read based on myself more than I really should. I've been wary of buddying attempts of late, especially from Mass Effect players.
Please display where I heavily townread you, because I don't believe I ever said such a thing. I did you throw you into my townreads based on gut really, but that's about it. If you think that's buddying, OK, that accusation is hurled at me nearly every game. I like to focus on town reads, so it's a byproduct of that.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”