AMERICAN GODS~ Day 10

Moderator: Community Team

Someone has to be Killing people, right?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Aphrodite
No votes
Ceres
8%
Chronos
38%
Electra
No votes
Helios
No votes
Phoenix
8%
Zeus
No votes
Ceridwen (h/n)
46%

Total votes: 13
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 56

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day 1

Post by Gunther »

I do not relish the idea of a Phoenix or Medusa vote either. I think we've all been in that position of being silenced or insane (in the membrane, as mortals may state), and it's frustrating to not be able to defend oneself.

Are there any other good options besides Poseidon?

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Mars wrote:I hate to vote so early, but Thursday is my busiest day of the week, so I want to get the vote in just in case. I have no suspicions yet, so I'll go with Apollo's suggestion because why not.

*votes Poseidon*
Well Mars you have earned a big eye from me with this vote. hmm

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Aphrodite
Ares
Helios
Pandora
Poseidon

all of these people have but one post. Those looking at only Poseidon are giving me pings tbh.

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Chronos wrote:
Apollo wrote:
juliets wrote:Well, S~V~S is at work so I'm bored, and there wasn't much going on yesterday so I've decided I want to play a game. For everyone who posts on-topic discussion today - not just a vote post - a post adding something to the lynch discussion or game discussion, I will enter a ticket for you in a drawing for a prize. You will get a ticket each time you make one of these posts so your probability of winning increases as you post. I will draw after the lynch post. One more thing - keep track of your number of posts by numbering your posts starting with 1 somewhere in the lower left hand of the post. If you mess up just correct it. I don't want this to be too complicated.
Apollo, God of the Sun, is still leaning towards voting for Poseidon due to his lack of respect for the hosts by not checking in. Such behavior is unacceptable!
I will not be voting for Medusa today, nor Phoenix, as both are clearly hindered in communication and unable to defend themselves.
While Posiedon has not checked in, we have no idea if this is normal behavior for Posiedon or not. The sockpuppets can get in the way of such judgement.

I'm not seeing anything too evil going on quite yet...which may force me to randomize, but I am liking the increased discussion. :noble:

First Poseidon has one post just like others I have mentioned. Why is he being singled out? Why not look at them all?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

3 ^^
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Paul Stevens »

Artemis wrote:I do not relish the idea of a Phoenix or Medusa vote either. I think we've all been in that position of being silenced or insane (in the membrane, as mortals may state), and it's frustrating to not be able to defend oneself.

Are there any other good options besides Poseidon?

It's the same as ever. Vote for a low poster, randomize, or twist, vote for a sock account reason. If I went that route, Zeus would be getting my vote as the prolific "sowing his wild oat's" god that he is.

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

so I am looking at Mars and Apollo plus all those I listed with just one post each.

I am glad we have this contest - it is giving us something to look at for this lynch.
Thanks Juliets!

Linky Vesta - what do you think of everyone mentioning Poseidon when he is not the only one with only one post?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Gunther »

Persephone wrote:so I am looking at Mars and Apollo plus all those I listed with just one post each.

I am glad we have this contest - it is giving us something to look at for this lynch.
Thanks Juliets!

Linky Vesta - what do you think of everyone mentioning Poseidon when he is not the only one with only one post?
I know this wasn't directed at me - but I think he got more of the focus because Poseidon missed the Night 0 vote - it looks like a lot of the other low posters (if not all of them) voted.

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Arte: Why yes the rest of them did vote, with their One post. But that is my point. They all have one post. None has added anything since their One post.

Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Artemis wrote:
Persephone wrote:so I am looking at Mars and Apollo plus all those I listed with just one post each.

Thanks Juliets!

I know this wasn't directed at me - but I think he got more of the focus because Poseidon missed the Night 0 vote - it looks like a lot of the other low posters (if not all of them) voted.

I think Poseidon being brought up first isn't strange, but a good point has been made that he is not the only one atm. So a continued focus is myopic.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

I find it odd that so many people are defending Poseidon. Is there anything else to go on? Anything at all? Why is it so offensive to vote for the one person who didn't bother to cast a vote yesterday?

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Night Zero: Game on :)

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Poseidon wrote:hmmmm Kansas
Here is his One post. Looks like he voted for Kansas in the thread but not the poll.

They all only posted with their poll vote.

Vesta wrote:
Artemis wrote:

Thanks Juliets!

I think Poseidon being brought up first isn't strange, but a good point has been made that he is not the only one atm. So a continued focus is myopic.

Why not? Since he was not the only one....

still
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Apollo wrote:I find it odd that so many people are defending Poseidon. Is there anything else to go on? Anything at all? Why is it so offensive to vote for the one person who didn't bother to cast a vote yesterday?

Not defending him at all. Just wondering why he was sigled out since he was not the only one.
Plus it looks like he did in fact try to cast a vote just not in the poll. Maybe he is new to the site? Idk I just find it strange that with a plethora of Gods with only 1 post a piece that he was being singled out.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

7^^
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

He was the only one. The only one not to vote.

Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Kent Brockman »

Atlas wrote:Randomized Fortuna.
Boo randomizing! :p
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Larry David »

Why are people Achilles of I'm insane, not zanified!?

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I thought about this vote seriously over lunch and I think I will be going with a gut call and trusting Medusa. I believe she may have learned something and been punished with the Elvis curse for her knowledge. I enjoy voting off non-voters (the Apollo Doctrine: No Vote=No Live) but Poseidon would be a shot in the dark in terms of baddies, so I don't think I will go thta direction today.

I will hold my vote for now to see what else develops, but I am announcing my intention to vote for Fortuna.

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Fine Apollo - did you read his one post? I quoted it. I like voting non playing players as well but I like to include everyone that belongs in the category.
If I randomize, which I srsly doubt I will I will only include the players with one post.

The thing with Medusa seems a bit iffy. What about Phoenix? Perhaps he learned something too?
We have had only one night. If Medusa found something how could she be punished already? Who would have punished her?

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

FYI - Medusa has not voted for Fortuna yet. Only Atlas has. So Apollo you would be following Atlas.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

9^^ :/
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Persephone wrote:Fine Apollo - did you read his one post? I quoted it. I like voting non playing players as well but I like to include everyone that belongs in the category.
If I randomize, which I srsly doubt I will I will only include the players with one post.

The thing with Medusa seems a bit iffy. What about Phoenix? Perhaps he learned something too?
We have had only one night. If Medusa found something how could she be punished already? Who would have punished her?

These are all good points. Let me try to address them.
1. I did read his one post and it seems he intended to vote but did not. I like your idea about randomizing among low-posting players. If you have to kill someone randomly, it might as well be someone who isn't playing much.
2. I agree that the Medusa thing is iffy, but I have nothing else to go on and it is a gut feeling. She posted "Lucky Charm"(Fortuna) as an on-topic lynch discussion post, and the hostesses did not claim it was off-topic. This leads me to believe that she has a good reason for posting what she did, and my gut is telling me to go with her.
3. Phoenix has not posted anything that I have been able to interpret as pointing to a particular lynch candidate.
4. It is possible that Medusa was cursed automatically as a response to her night target. There are a lot of roles with secrets. It is also possible that she learned something and was cursed in an unrelated incident. It is also possible that she knows nothing. I tend to believe that she would not be so confident posting a lynch suggestion under cursed conditions if she knew nothing, especially since Fortuna has not given her anything to go on with her posts.
5. (linki.) I haven't voted yet either, but if I do vote for Fortuna, it will not be because of Atlas' vote.
All Day 1 votes are going to be flimsy, but this is the best thing I have and I like it better than randomizing.

Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Randomizing among low posters! Combining the Day 1 strategies together is more appealing. I think it's a stretch the leap to Fortuna if Medusa may or may not have indicated that way. At least wait and see if Medusa votes Fortuna herself. Much more useful than guesses.

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Craptastic!

10 ^^
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Vesta wrote:Randomizing among low posters! Combining the Day 1 strategies together is more appealing. I think it's a stretch the leap to Fortuna if Medusa may or may not have indicated that way. At least wait and see if Medusa votes Fortuna herself. Much more useful than guesses.

I am waiting. Do you think my reasoning is worse than voting for Prometheus because it was a bad movie?

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

thanks for the responses Apollo it helps me to see what your thought process was/is. Your take on Medusa's post is interesting and I see your point - though I don't think I agree with it. I think I would rather wait until Medusa can post in words and not hip swaying kingly Elvis music. Maybe she can shed light on what she was trying to communicate.

I think I will wait to cast my vote just in case something else developes.

Dont know what happened but this is # 10

Vesta - I agree!
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Phoenix wrote:Bubbles this mammiliform vote is going to brinded difficult considering I thelostlaurens Kahlan failed groveling numps virago. Also, there is yeild electrolier Implausible Chair gimlet no chowchow Baneslayer discussion is happening.

As for Phoenix, the only post he has made that mentions someone is thelostlaurens, so not getting any indication there either. Will wait and see what his vote is, but I can't imagine he has any more info than the rest of us this early.

Linki - No, see my note on Hercules the tv show. :noble:
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Larry David »

I khansaman learn anything AlaskaDave night blocking. I suppose I was just targeted by viands that can insanify.

Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

^ ebwop that was in response to Apollo.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Phoenix wrote:I khansaman learn anything AlaskaDave night blocking. I suppose I was just targeted by viands that can insanify.

That is quite clear. Thank you, Phoenix!

2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I have considered voting for Atlas. The last time there was an Atlas around here, he wasn't a very nice fellow, and I have no sympathy for any mortal who would try to become a god. :noble:

Furthermore, I'm sick of Atlas. He keeps holding us up!
dunya
Turnip Head
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Saito »

Medusa, can you confirm that you were indeed hinting at Fortuna being a suspect with Lucky Charm? If Yes, you may post Jailhouse Rock. :p

linki
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Persephone wrote:
Mars wrote:I hate to vote so early, but Thursday is my busiest day of the week, so I want to get the vote in just in case. I have no suspicions yet, so I'll go with Apollo's suggestion because why not.

*votes Poseidon*
Well Mars you have earned a big eye from me with this vote. hmm

This also puts knots in my stomach, and not the kind I'm known for causing!

dunya
Turnip Head
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Perd Hapley »

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hmm. Medusa's response gives me pause. Now I really don't know what to do.

Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Saito »

^ You were the first Kentucky voter though. Then there's the insanified Phoenix and Pluto. If this is what Medusa is trying to say.

I would still like to know why Poseidon didn't vote in the poll.

Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Kent Brockman »

Eros wrote:I have considered voting for Atlas. The last time there was an Atlas around here, he wasn't a very nice fellow, and I have no sympathy for any mortal who would try to become a god. :noble:

Furthermore, I'm sick of Atlas. He keeps holding us up!
You have a good point. Also, Atlas voted for me so I'll vote for him. :p
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Jack Shephard »

Apollo wrote:Hmm. Medusa's response gives me pause. Now I really don't know what to do.

Why does Medusa have such authority? What makes her know more?

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Chronos wrote:
Apollo wrote:Hmm. Medusa's response gives me pause. Now I really don't know what to do.

Nothing gives her authority. I thought she was asserting an opinion on who to vote for, and no one else is really doing that, so I thought I might listen. It is possible she knew something. Now it seems I misinterpreted her, so that is no longer relevant and I have to start from scratch.

Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Apollo wrote:
Chronos wrote:

Nothing gives her authority. I thought she was asserting an opinion on who to vote for, and no one else is really doing that, so I thought I might listen. It is possible she knew something. Now it seems I misinterpreted her, so that is no longer relevant and I have to start from scratch.

Oh okay. I think I was misinterpreting what you were saying...

Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Operator »

I've got nothing right now, so randomising.

Votes medusa
Management
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hermes wrote:I've got nothing right now, so randomising.

Votes medusa
I find it amazing that you would vote for someone who is insanified on Day 1, just because a random number generator told you to.

I have a new contender for my vote.

2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

From my experience, the malignant ones tend to get a vote early on someone. There is something psychological about seeing votes on the board. People then subconsciously try to find justifications for voting that person as well. In the annals of Maphia I have witnessed this many times. :noble:

Also, wouldn't it be freaking hilarious if Chronos missed the vote?

dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Eros wrote:From my experience, the malignant ones tend to get a vote early on someone. There is something psychological about seeing votes on the board. People then subconsciously try to find justifications for voting that person as well. In the annals of Maphia I have witnessed this many times. :noble:

Also, wouldn't it be freaking hilarious if Chronos missed the vote?

:noble: I will try to do my duty to keep the sacred bond of time and reality afloat.

Hermes' actions are a tad strange... especially for day 1 when we don't know much about anything.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

^^4
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Apollo wrote:
Chronos wrote:

hrmm I thought I was! What do you no one else was doing that??

also - told you so :p

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

^^ That should read: What do you mean no one else was doing that?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Persephone wrote: hrmm I thought I was! What do you no one else was doing that??
You've mentioned a bunch of names, you haven't said "Vote for X" like I thought Medusa was saying.

2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I have voted for Atlas.

"He's got the whole world, in his hands..."

dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Apollo, God of the Sun, has made a decision.

Because of his cowardice is attacking a temporarily incapacitated Gorgon, Hermes shall receive my vote today.

Return to “Previous Jobs”