50%

Total votes: 16
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by colonialbob »

nutella wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:47 pm Sloonei tinfoil is definitely interesting (especially considering his Mesk vote switch that saved jay), but I thought that pretty much all of the theories as to how he survived Day 2 involved him being town. Unless... wait, there is one possibility. Hold on, I'm rethinking everything I had in mind for Jack and Sloonei and recalculating.... hmm I'll have to think about this more, it's really confusing. Bottom line is I think the chances of Sloonei being bad are very, very, very slim.
Yeah Sloonei tinfoiling is understandable (I don't get why he refuses to consider Mal at all either, Jack), but it's a waste of time. I'm firm town on him.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:27 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:30 pm You, Eloh and malakim.
Talk about bob
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:27 pm
Okay. And why is that scummy again?
It's scummy because a scum quin following a lynch of teammate jay, in a game where his teammates may already under fire, and so many players are difficult to accuse because of the general civvie-trust vibes of the thread, when being asked what his suspects are, might quickly respond with listing two suspected players who aren't on his team.

Why me and Eloh? Why not Cbob or speedchuck or sog or LC. Why specifically list those two players? You weren't specifically asked for 2 suspects.
Now *this* is circular logic. Quin is scummy for naming two suspected players who aren't on his team. How do you know Eloh is town? As speedchuck says why are the other four better? If he had said "Kyle and cbob" or "Eloh and speed" is this somehow now not scummy?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:24 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:17 pm Let me tell you something about my meta, nutella.

Pretty much the only thing I know how to do in mafia is be genuine. I can only play by those standards. My suspicions are authentic or they are nothing. I don't say someone looks bad unless they look bad. When nobody looks bad, I say nobody looks bad. If you ever think I've made something up, reconsider. Because "making things up" is not something I care to do, and not something I'm confident I can do.

That is how I play mafia, both as a civilian and as scum.
If this were word-for-word true then you'd go through every mafia roll game suspecting no one at all.
Townies never look bad?

(Lol look at me defending Quin who is probably one of my bigger scumreads before really digging into everybody)
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:11 pm How does Malakim usually do under pressure?
He's often somewhat angry-ish, at least when presented with reasons like "you replaced into somebody we think is mafia" that (valid as it may be) is hard to defend against. At least from what I can recall. This is where I miss Jack, he's way better at meta than me.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Ok, caught up. Gonna clean the kitchen then do some ISOs / reread the end of Day 4.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:18 pm
It's scummy because a scum quin following a lynch of teammate jay, in a game where his teammates may already under fire, and so many players are difficult to accuse because of the general civvie-trust vibes of the thread, when being asked what his suspects are, might quickly respond with listing two suspected players who aren't on his team.

Why me and Eloh? Why not Cbob or speedchuck or sog or LC. Why specifically list those two players? You weren't specifically asked for 2 suspects.
Now *this* is circular logic. Quin is scummy for naming two suspected players who aren't on his team. How do you know Eloh is town? As speedchuck says why are the other four better? If he had said "Kyle and cbob" or "Eloh and speed" is this somehow now not scummy?
It's not circular logic. I was just explaining it poorly. He specifically didn't mention any of the common and more contemporarily relevant suspects.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:27 pm

It's not circular logic. I was just explaining it poorly. He specifically didn't mention any of the common and more contemporarily relevant suspects.
Also someone, (Sloonei?) mentioned that Elohcin was likely civ based on some specific interactions between her and Jay, it was something like that. I just sort of assumed it was true and put her in the probably-civ bucket.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:27 pm

Why should my suspects match the most relevant ones?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:42 pmWhy should my suspects match the most relevant ones?
Not match, but include. The thread discussion was about players with potential connections to JJJ, so when you only listed me and Eloh it stuck out to me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:53 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:42 pmWhy should my suspects match the most relevant ones?
Not match, but include. The thread discussion was about players with potential connections to JJJ, so when you only listed me and Eloh it stuck out to me.
No, the thread discussion was you asking me for my suspects. I think if you were looking for thoughts on specific players you'd have asked me after I answered you. You accused me before that happened.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

What are you talking about?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I'm referring to the thread discussion during and before the time when you listed your two suspects, early night 4. Discussion was about the implications of Jay's flip. Someone asked you for a list of suspects and you said me and Eloh.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by colonialbob »

Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:06 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:56 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:42 amQuin is bad for saving Jimmy yesterday, trying to save him today and continually arguing the cause against Jimmy is bad, is a misrepresentation and there was an actually case against Mesk because....nothing. Over and over he repeats these lies and cannot explain. Additionally, he repeated the "lets lynch lasagna" noncase while Domalakim and Jimmy were on the chopping block.
This makes me want to cry. And also throw things at you. Begone, Satan.
Gimme a short list of suspects
Eloh and Kyle.
[mention]Kylemii[/mention] I was literally just ISOing Quin so this sequence was fresh in my mind. Your accusation doesn't really fit the conversation.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:06 pm I'm referring to the thread discussion during and before the time when you listed your two suspects, early night 4. Discussion was about the implications of Jay's flip. Someone asked you for a list of suspects and you said me and Eloh.
I was talking about you asking the same question.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I'm talking about the conversation of the thread as a whole, not specifically the quote pyramid that Sloonei Quin and Jack made.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:21 pm I'm talking about the conversation of the thread as a whole, not specifically the quote pyramid that Sloonei Quin and Jack made.
[mention]colonialbob[/mention]
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:13 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:06 pm I'm referring to the thread discussion during and before the time when you listed your two suspects, early night 4. Discussion was about the implications of Jay's flip. Someone asked you for a list of suspects and you said me and Eloh.
I was talking about you asking the same question.
I'm really confused. This discussion is looping in on itself. Are you talking about today or yesterday, because the person to ask you for suspects was Sloonei.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:40 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:32 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 pm Mal's been under lynch pressure since he was born into this thread. Has anyone played a game with Mal under similar conditions?
Yeah man. I used to be the replacement king.

My games didn't have this many posts though.
How does this Mal compare to the previous Mal's?
Previous Mal was a low poster, but didn't disappear. Don't remember much else though. Been a while, short game.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Quin[/mention] my accusation of you wasn't specifically about your suspect list choices. My suspicion is that your behavior looks like how a baddie would act in an increasingly hopeless situation.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Well, I'm going to need to vote now unfortunately.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Like I said before, kyle or mal. I'll go with mal so ny vote isn't completely worthless. Goodnight.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:33 pm @Quin my accusation of you wasn't specifically about your suspect list choices. My suspicion is that your behavior looks like how a baddie would act in an increasingly hopeless situation.
Because my suspects didn't line up with the generic lynch candidates, yeah. I got that.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

vote Kyle

He hasn't made a case I remember agreeing with once.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:33 pm @Quin my accusation of you wasn't specifically about your suspect list choices. My suspicion is that your behavior looks like how a baddie would act in an increasingly hopeless situation.
Because my suspects didn't line up with the generic lynch candidates, yeah. I got that.
No no, the point is that you've seemed less motivated lately, despite the fact that we're doing really good.

Maybe I made a mistake in pointing it out, you've been talking about this with me all day instead scum hunting and it's not you can argue with a psychology based theory.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 pm also important: there are 3 scummers out there still. Of course Jack incriminated at least one of them.
Erm, you have that wrong.

Jack incriminated everyone at least once.

That's probably why he got killed.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:29 pm
No no, the point is that you've seemed less motivated lately, despite the fact that we're doing really good.

Maybe I made a mistake in pointing it out, you've been talking about this with me all day instead scum hunting and it's not you can argue with a psychology based theory.
Fair enough. I am just very difficult to motivate.

I moved my vote off you to malakim. I disliked bobs reason for voting you. There are better cases out there than 'I don't agree with him'.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 pmFair enough. I am just very difficult to motivate.

I moved my vote off you to malakim. I disliked bobs reason for voting you. There are better cases out there than 'I don't agree with him'.
I didn't like it either. I'd take it personally but like... He's right. I'm really bad at making cases anymore. Epi made a similar point earlier when he said I've been useless in this game or something like that...

I used to be so good at this.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:41 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:39 pm Y'all converted me to saying "scum" lol I used to hate that term but now I use it all the time :p I guess I used to say "baddies" and that just feels silly/childish to me now, idk. I guess "mafia" is a decent generic term too
I'd say "mafia" if it wasn't so hard to distinguish whether I'm referring to the mafia team or the game of mafia.
It's easy.

"mafia" - the faction

"Mafia" - the game

:)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:32 pm Epi, whi INH? You seem to place votes on inactives early in the day and then come around EoD to place a real vote on a player you find suspicious. Am I correct in this?
I don't know why people get worked up over me putting a vote somewhere so I can see the poll without having to click through every time.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:50 pm For future reference, is replacing back into a game a thing? I've done it several times on another site. I was vanilla town or some passive role (with no non-public night actions) and died early. Then I replaced a non-poster, with no more knowledge than I had with my other role. Is that a thing here?
I haven't seen it yet.

Not that I want to die and replace INH, or that anyone else can. Just wondering.
It used to be a thing here, but fell out of favor for a few reasons.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:41 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:39 pm Y'all converted me to saying "scum" lol I used to hate that term but now I use it all the time :p I guess I used to say "baddies" and that just feels silly/childish to me now, idk. I guess "mafia" is a decent generic term too
I'd say "mafia" if it wasn't so hard to distinguish whether I'm referring to the mafia team or the game of mafia.
It's easy.

"mafia" - the faction

"Mafia" - the game

:)
this is just another problem solved by the "good boys" and "bad boys" dichotomy.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 pm

It's not really "I don't agree" it's "I have no idea why you think the case you're laying out makes X scum." And it hasn't just been you, it's been multiple things.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:01 am
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 pm

It's not really "I don't agree" it's "I have no idea why you think the case you're laying out makes X scum." And it hasn't just been you, it's been multiple things.
Like what? What makes you think his nonsensical cases are coming from the perspective of scum?
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:01 amIt's not really "I don't agree" it's "I have no idea why you think the case you're laying out makes X scum." And it hasn't just been you, it's been multiple things.
That's still not really evidence of mafia behavior. I'm not surprised you're voting for me, you've voted for me before, right? It's just disappointing you don't have better reasoning.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:01 amIt's not really "I don't agree" it's "I have no idea why you think the case you're laying out makes X scum." And it hasn't just been you, it's been multiple things.
It's also wrong to assume I've made up my mind about Quin. If I was 100% sure about him being mafia I wouldn't need to bother questioning him. :p
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Because it's stuff like misrepresenting the context of what Quin was responding too to make his Kyle/Eloh answer sound suspicious/bad, or saying Jack wouldn't answer his questions when they were a) dangerously close to asking him to break the rules and b) not alignment indicative. And from what I read of pirates, he was better at making cases than this. If he's been off for a while, I can absolutely see him struggling to make townie-sounding cases as mafia, and his response to your "I'm always sincere no matter my alignment" post points that direction as well.

Plus as I've said, I'd bet one of the voters after me on JJJ is a teammate, and Jack got NKed, so.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Kyle doesn't feel bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Epignosis »

malakim2099 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:10 pm Well, I'm honestly leaning towards voting JJJ because I disliked his... I guess you could call it defense? Plus there seems to be a prevalent "JJJ is mal's scumbuddy" theory out there. Though I'm not going to drop a vote yet, if only because I'm going to be around before the end of the day phase (barring catastrophic weirdness), so I will be back by then.

Oh, and passed the written test, so got my MN DL. Woot! Now to wait 3-4 weeks for the bloody thing.

Also, Get Out is freaking amazing. Love that movie (own it on Bluray).
I'm fine with a malakim2099 lynch.

The post above does two things. First, it establishes a vague reason to suspect 3J.

More importantly, malakim2099 says, "Plus there seems to be a prevalent 'JJJ is mal's scumbuddy' theory out there."

What does this mean? Was his intention to lynch someone he believed was good in order to prove that he wasn't 3J's teammate? That would be terrible if true, but it can't be the case due to the sentence that came before.

On top of that, his vote never touched 3J.
malakim2099 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:34 am MULTIQUOTE POST FOR THE WIN! Or at least, for the summary.
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:49 pm Let's find replacements for them! Hey, anyone wanna read 76 pages of mafia?
I'm still working on it! Geez. I don't want to punt the the rest of it but I honestly don't know when I'll have TIME to read through everything.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:37 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:34 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:33 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:26 pm I feel my thoughts are very much in sync with DDL.

I am hesitant to vote Jay with him, but "I like this Jack more than Day 1" Jack sums up my exact feelings.
What about voting Malakim with me?
I like your gall and how you're leading stuff. :clap:
Thanks, because I have no idea what i'm doing. :grin:
Obviously. Especially since 7 minutes after I say I'm going and will BBL, you drop a vote knowing I won't respond for a while. That, strikes me as particularly sleazy.
speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:47 pm Wilgy can go back to smilies. I'm not scum so I won't punch him this time.

All my lunch options look unappealing. I don't want to lunch malakim unless he can replace in again(if town). He might not want to after that. I have no read on him other than the way the d3 lynch shifted. And that may have been us being dumb.
Honestly, if I'm speed-lynched right after replacing someone? Um... yeah, I'll say something short and profane to anyone asking me to sub in again.
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:58 pm
malakim2099 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:54 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:45 pm malakim2099 would you please do me a solid and describe your past mafia experience, to whatever extent you're comfortable with?
Sure! I've only really played at HCRealms, as JoH and Cbob can attest. But I've been playing for quite a while (about 9 years now, I think). The running gag there is that I'm always mafia, because I'm about two standard deviations more likely to be mafia than town in all the games I've played in (seriously, we ran the numbers, it was a little frightful.) :haha:

Here, I helped JJJ run the Mass Effect game, and then I played in the SF side-game a few months ago as Balrog (hence the avatar). Anyway, hope that helps.

Just got back from playing MTG so I need to catch up on the past few hours.
Thank you! Unfortunately I forgot why I asked you this in the first place :confused:

What are your current thoughts at?
Honestly, I really dislike DDL and Wilgy. And yes, most of this is the fact that they are voting for me. But then DDL pings me for "laziness" when... I just got here? I mean, I hate to break it to y'all, but 70+ pages of freaking mafia is NOT EASY TO GO THROUGH. And from the last game, I don't want to go off half-cocked and just post something for the purposes of posting something, so I've been trying to refrain until I can read through it.

So yeah, I feel like I'm getting pinned into a place where if I don't read the thread's full backlog and post something that misses what JJJ said on page 47 I'm scummy... but if I don't say much substantive and post very little of real accusations... I'm scummy. This is making me cranky, if you can't already tell.

Of the two, Wilgy's eagerness to jump on the me-train for nothing more than "I seem suspicious" from DDL just feels off. Of course, he was town when he did similar stuff in SF, so I dunno if that's opportunism or something else. Especially given his last post about "I wanted to see if something would happen."

I find it funny that DDL votes for me because I'm slacking, but Wilgy does the same thing (slacking) by effectively going along for the ride.

Elo, I think is town, as she's sounding a lot like she did in SF. To me, anyway.

JJJ, I'm actually thinking now that he's no longer being nihilistic that he's more town. I like his ISO work. Honestly, if he had dropped a vote on me after doing the ISO of me? I'd respect that a lot more than DDL or Wilgy as he had actual reasoning behind it.

Not sure on the others, though with only having one game under my belt (and that was as scum), I'm a little leery of dunya. But I think that's mostly because I feel put on the defensive here. I'm a little leery of CBob, especially after JJJ's ISO, but JoH... JackO is hard for me to read, darnit. I've seen him act this way as town OR mafia.
This is large, so I put it in a spoiler.

The yellow intrigues me.

I don't know if malakim2099's posts per page is set up differently than mine, but I checked paged 47. It was 3J trying to organize and then starting his "GTH" exercise.

So malakim2099 naming 3J out of the blue strikes me as either calculated or a bizarre coincidence.

His appreciation for JJJ's hail Mary posts don't help him any in my estimation, and neither does the comment about respecting him more than DDL and Wilgy.

The red intrigues me further.

"A little leery" of colonialbob, "especially" after JJJ's "ISO?"

Adverb. Weak adjective. Adverb.

All apparently inspired by the work of evil 3J, whom malakim2099 claimed to have suspected just prior. Also, Mr. Hard-to-read-Jack is dead now.

If malakim2099 is also bad, I would give heavy consideration to Sloonei's voice in the wilderness crying out against colonialbob.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 amBecause it's stuff like misrepresenting the context of what Quin was responding too to make his Kyle/Eloh answer sound suspicious/bad,
That's not actually what happened. Quin was confused (or I was?) about which instance of Quin being asked to name suspects that we were talking about.
or saying Jack wouldn't answer his questions when they were a) dangerously close to asking him to break the rules and b) not alignment indicative.
I thought he was lying and using sloonei to gain civvie cred. My mistake was asking him directly instead of questioning his claims in general. Also, I was apparently wrong anyways.
And from what I read of pirates, he was better at making cases than this.
who did you hear that from?
If he's been off for a while, I can absolutely see him struggling to make townie-sounding cases as mafia,
probably true, but I haven't had to experience it yet.
and his response to your "I'm always sincere no matter my alignment" post points that direction as well.
it was a pointed question. I asked it that way on purpose.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I was already coming around to putting a vote down on malakim, but if his badness would get people to start listening to my rants about colonialbob then that just about settles it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:39 am I was already coming around to putting a vote down on malakim, but if his badness would get people to start listening to my rants about colonialbob then that just about settles it.
Why would it?

A) I'm not bad
B) if I'm mafia why am I trying to save a teammate who can't even be bothered to show up to defend himself
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:36 amI'm fine with a malakim2099 lynch.

The post above does two things. First, it establishes a vague reason to suspect 3J.

More importantly, malakim2099 says, "Plus there seems to be a prevalent 'JJJ is mal's scumbuddy' theory out there."

What does this mean? Was his intention to lynch someone he believed was good in order to prove that he wasn't 3J's teammate? That would be terrible if true, but it can't be the case due to the sentence that came before.

On top of that, his vote never touched 3J.

*a bunch of other stuff*
this actually mirrors my thoughts on Malakim after I read through his posts isolated, other than the page 47 thing
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:43 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:39 am I was already coming around to putting a vote down on malakim, but if his badness would get people to start listening to my rants about colonialbob then that just about settles it.
Why would it?

A) I'm not bad
B) if I'm mafia why am I trying to save a teammate who can't even be bothered to show up to defend himself
A) Yeah you are
B) For thr numbers and the chance to make this statement and because that's how Mafia works.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:38 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 amBecause it's stuff like misrepresenting the context of what Quin was responding too to make his Kyle/Eloh answer sound suspicious/bad,
That's not actually what happened. Quin was confused (or I was?) about which instance of Quin being asked to name suspects that we were talking about.
Then apparently I'm confused too?
or saying Jack wouldn't answer his questions when they were a) dangerously close to asking him to break the rules and b) not alignment indicative.
I thought he was lying and using sloonei to gain civvie cred. My mistake was asking him directly instead of questioning his claims in general. Also, I was apparently wrong anyways.[/quote]
I still don't understand what you were trying to get out of that questioning, and feel you were using Jack's refusal to answer as evidence he was bad without actually listening to why he was refusing to answer.
And from what I read of pirates, he was better at making cases than this.
who did you hear that from?[/quote]
Me, when I told it to myself after replacing into that game.
If he's been off for a while, I can absolutely see him struggling to make townie-sounding cases as mafia,
probably true, but I haven't had to experience it yet.[/quote]allegedly
and his response to your "I'm always sincere no matter my alignment" post points that direction as well.
it was a pointed question. I asked it that way on purpose.
[/quote]what? Quin didn't ask a question, he said "I am very sincere when I play mafia" and you responded with "well you must not ever say people are bad when you're mafia then" which a) is silly and b) seems to support an inability to make authentic-feeling cases when you're mafia.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Why would it?

A) I'm not bad
Are you trying to save Malakim?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why would it?

A) I'm not bad
Who says you are you trying to save malakim2099?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:49 am
Why would it?

A) I'm not bad
A) Yeah you are
B) For thr numbers and the chance to make this statement and because that's how Mafia works.
Fine, I'm done arguing with you, because what always happens is I explain myself and you go "no I don't believe you" and I shrug because how does one defend themselves against that.

And no that's a stupid defense because even I don't actually think anybody is going to swap off mal, he's been a primary suspect for a while and most people are already asleep. Meanwhile Quin does the same thing yesterday (voting Epi? Lolcomethefuckon) and... you say nothing. Frustrating.

I need to be done tonight. See y'all after the flip.

Linki: @Epi I hadn't read your post when I posted that, just Sloonei's (tbh I just skimmed your post even after that). If you're suspicious of me because mal's interactions with me, that's fine and a different kettle of fish.

@kyle no. I'm fact I'll switch over to him, I do think he's mafia especially after he no-showed today. So vote mal .

And stepping away now. Good night everybody.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:50 amThen apparently I'm confused too?
probably
I still don't understand what you were trying to get out of that questioning, and feel you were using Jack's refusal to answer as evidence he was bad without actually listening to why he was refusing to answer.
Well... Alright I'll admit that wasn't my best detective work. Im pretty sure I was running a fever that day. I was frustrated cus I thought he was lying and making excuses to avoid letting go of wifom ambiguity based civvie cred. FeverKyle wasn't capable of realizing that neither a MafiaJack not a Civvie Jack would be inclined to respond to the questions I was asking with honesty.
Me, when I told it to myself after replacing into that game.
i played like garbage in that game, and i definitely didn't make any cases. Other than Quin I didn't push any unique suspects
allegedly
I didn't even get to fabricate cases in instant mafia cus we got screwed so quickly :/
what? Quin didn't ask a question, he said "I am very sincere when I play mafia" and you responded with "well you must not ever say people are bad when you're mafia then" which a) is silly and b) seems to support an inability to make authentic-feeling cases when you're mafia.
My question, or statement or whatever. Not Quin's. I was trying to get him to expand on how he describes his "suspicions" when he's mafia.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

RE: colonialbob, there still hasn't been much discussion of this thing I brought up earlier.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”