AMERICAN GODS~ Day 10

Moderator: Community Team

Someone has to be Killing people, right?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Aphrodite
No votes
Ceres
8%
Chronos
38%
Electra
No votes
Helios
No votes
Phoenix
8%
Zeus
No votes
Ceridwen (h/n)
46%

Total votes: 13
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 102

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day Three

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros, you are saying that you are suspicious of Persephone , Artemus, and moi. Because we are syspicious of Fortuna? Are there any other reasons, because you expressed no other suspicions of these players until they/I suspected Fortuna.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Paul Stevens »

I am still a bit hung up on Artemis. Looking back at votes, she voted for Eros early, when it would make the most sense to hold your vote to defend yourself since she was a top candidate all day. The only way that makes sense is if she knew she would be saved. Lynch switch, votes stolen, etc. The insanification of Artemis also makes no sense. When I went back to see how she defended herself yesterday, it became clear there is no rhyme or reason. She's posting literally anything. It's not a story or specific video and not an insanifier, so I don't see how it isn't faked. Has anyone else been insanified like this so far?

I normally don't like to vote people insanified, but Artemis did have a chance to defend herself and would have been voted again if not for this insanification. Makes me rethink my possible vote for Fortuna today. :ponder:
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Eros: no need to get your panties in a twist. But again I will ask why are you defending someone that you do not know the alignment of?

Why isn't Fortuna answering herself tbqh your last post feels overly defensive of someone YOU do not even know is civ.

I do not understand your vehemence against me still but I guess that does not matter to you.

Defend herself against what is just laughable at this point. Obviously there is something to defend against since you have been doing all day lol

This was not the way to prove she is townie. All you have proven is she will not cannot or won`t defend herself. Which I absolutely do not understand.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

I just did a quick read of Eros, and I find it odd that he reacted fairly strongly to a Poseiden vote. Now he is reacting strongly to a Fortuna vote as well.

I could see that indicating civs or mafia, except for one thing. Which I'm going to reread now, then I'll be back to vote.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Grand Scheme »

Vesta wrote:I am still a bit hung up on Artemis. Looking back at votes, she voted for Eros early, when it would make the most sense to hold your vote to defend yourself since she was a top candidate all day. The only way that makes sense is if she knew she would be saved. Lynch switch, votes stolen, etc. The insanification of Artemis also makes no sense. When I went back to see how she defended herself yesterday, it became clear there is no rhyme or reason. She's posting literally anything. It's not a story or specific video and not an insanifier, so I don't see how it isn't faked. Has anyone else been insanified like this so far?

I normally don't like to vote people insanified, but Artemis did have a chance to defend herself and would have been voted again if not for this insanification. Makes me rethink my possible vote for Fortuna today. :ponder:
No, they haven't. And it seems odd to have an insanifier that prevents the victim from apparently making any contribution at all, especially when we've seen at least two other, more expected, insanifications this game. I think Artemis is faking. And since I'd better vote now to make sure... *votes Artemis*

I don't trust Persephone either. I really don't see the case on Fortuna; the whole thing about "she voted Atlas, and then he died!" sounds more likely to be setup than bad playing, and at any rate screams WIFOM. I don't like how several people are going after her for, in my view, almost nothing.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Persephons. Voted Persephone previous reasone for the previous reasone for the for the for the for the for the previous revious revious revious reasons. Voted Persephons. Voted Persephons. Voted Persephons. Voted Persephons. Voted Persephone for the for the for the previous reasone for the previous reasone for the for the preasone for the preasone preasons. Voted Persephone for the previous reasons. Voted Persephone for the previous revious reasone preasons. Voted Persephone preasons. Voted Perseph
To be recycled
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Young Lady »

Chronos wrote:
Medusa wrote:Pluto and Eros, not contributing is not a jab at low posters. It means, not giving opinions or asking questions about posts, not actively searching for suspects, etc. can you two give reasons why you think it's more likely that Fortuna is a civ? Can you give reasons why you think that being suspicious of Fortuna makes someone bad?

And no, the only point I saw brought up about Artemis was a 'possible' slip, which she defended, and was even defended by another civ, Prometheus. Admittedly, I was a bit suspicious of Prom, but when he flipped civ, I stopped debating the whole 'possible slip' thing. If there was something more compelling about Artemis, then I must have missed it. Surviving a lynch could be due to a civ role, so Im holding off on her. The slip idea just didn't cut it for me.

Linki- Chronos, I have no clue. I don't know how to interpret Fortuna's silence. She apparently has defenders, which could also be a civ situation. It might be coming down to one group of defenders vs. another. :shrug:
Just wondering if you thought it was possible....

I'm placing my vote on Athena today... but tomrorow I'd like to ehar from ARtemis.
If you can explain why you suspect me (other than the fact that I suspect someone else), it would be appreciated. But it seems you did not, in fact, vote for me, so yeah.
Vesta wrote:I am still a bit hung up on Artemis. Looking back at votes, she voted for Eros early, when it would make the most sense to hold your vote to defend yourself since she was a top candidate all day. The only way that makes sense is if she knew she would be saved. Lynch switch, votes stolen, etc. The insanification of Artemis also makes no sense. When I went back to see how she defended herself yesterday, it became clear there is no rhyme or reason. She's posting literally anything. It's not a story or specific video and not an insanifier, so I don't see how it isn't faked. Has anyone else been insanified like this so far?

This. I don't think I buy Artemis' posts being a result of a curse. It's too convenient, first of all, and I can't see any pattern in her posting or topics. I also think it's likely that she tried to kill me last night.

I don't expect people to follow me blindly. And I do see the case against Fortuna--but if Fortuna does have some sort of save, I'm more comfortable having someone else with votes who I suspect.
Supervisor
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros, I looked at your link to your Artemis suspicion. What did that mean? And you never mentioned her again. So it seems odd that you are suspicious of her, and question why I don't see the case on her. So far, there isn't one.

But I'm willing to wait until she is no longer pranked to decide on whether there is a case or not.

I think I'm going to wait on Fortuna and vote Eros instead. He's entirely too deceptive for my taste.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Medusa wrote:Eros, I looked at your link to your Artemis suspicion. What did that mean? And you never mentioned her again. So it seems odd that you are suspicious of her, and question why I don't see the case on her. So far, there isn't one.

But I'm willing to wait until she is no longer pranked to decide on whether there is a case or not.

I think I'm going to wait on Fortuna and vote Eros instead. He's entirely too deceptive for my taste.
You asked a question. Would you like a response before voting?
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Persephone wrote:Eros: no need to get your panties in a twist. But again I will ask why are you defending someone that you do not know the alignment of?

Why isn't Fortuna answering herself tbqh your last post feels overly defensive of someone YOU do not even know is civ.

I do not understand your vehemence against me still but I guess that does not matter to you.

Defend herself against what is just laughable at this point. Obviously there is something to defend against since you have been doing all day lol

This was not the way to prove she is townie. All you have proven is she will not cannot or won`t defend herself. Which I absolutely do not understand.
Answering your volley of questions and suspecting you is now vehemence? :rolleyes:
dunya
Turnip Head
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Larry David »

sorry guys, I've been a bit busy. I'm reading back through the last couple of days now.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros wrote:
Medusa wrote:Eros, I looked at your link to your Artemis suspicion. What did that mean? And you never mentioned her again. So it seems odd that you are suspicious of her, and question why I don't see the case on her. So far, there isn't one.

You asked a question. Would you like a response before voting?
Would it change my mind?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Chuck »

I'm busy as a beaver. I'll try and do something sometime. For now I'm going with Artemis because it seems best.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Saito »

I think Eros' defense of Fortuna sounded pretty reasonable. Could you elaborate on your Medusa and Persephone cases?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Ceres wrote:I think Eros' defense of Fortuna sounded pretty reasonable. Could you elaborate on your Medusa and Persephone cases?
I'll need a minute.

Jennifer thinks she's breaking up with Todd, just because he's addicted to posters of Nicolas Cage. I'll fix her.
dunya
Turnip Head
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Mars wrote:

No, they haven't. And it seems odd to have an insanifier that prevents the victim from apparently making any contribution at all, especially when we've seen at least two other, more expected, insanifications this game. I think Artemis is faking. And since I'd better vote now to make sure... *votes Artemis*

I don't trust Persephone either. I really don't see the case on Fortuna; the whole thing about "she voted Atlas, and then he died!" sounds more likely to be setup than bad playing, and at any rate screams WIFOM. I don't like how several people are going after her for, in my view, almost nothing.
You do realize those are not MY reasons for suspecting Fortuna right? Because that is not my reason for suspecting her.

I am finally at a real computer instead of my phone and I am catching up and voting soonish.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Hercules wrote:Persephons. Voted Persephone previous reasone for the previous reasone for the for the for the for the for the previous revious revious revious reasons. Voted Persephons. Voted Persephons. Voted Persephons. Voted Persephons. Voted Persephone for the for the for the previous reasone for the previous reasone for the for the preasone for the preasone preasons. Voted Persephone for the previous reasons. Voted Persephone for the previous revious reasone preasons. Voted Persephone preasons. Voted Perseph
I can't wait for you to post your reason for voting me that I can understand.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: American Gods Polls Thread

Post by juliets »

Day 3 - Parts 1 and 2

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Eros wrote:
Persephone wrote:Eros: no need to get your panties in a twist. But again I will ask why are you defending someone that you do not know the alignment of?

Answering your volley of questions and suspecting you is now vehemence? :rolleyes:
Thats how your response read to me. No need for eyerolling but it is what I feel. :sigh:
I am sorry I suspect someone who has 3 people defending her but she has not posted one word about it herself. If it is suspicious to try and find baddies then I am very guilty. You do not find it odd that 3 people are defending one person who hasn't posted?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

As far as Artemis goes, I'm not sure she's faking insanification, because if she did, she'd have my posts or Mars' or Phoenix's to copy. Athena suggested a curse in response to Mars' post who was talking about insanification, not a curse. I wonder if this isn't some sort of a slip from Athena. This is just too convenient. It would be beyond obvious that if Athena was targeted for a NK Artemis was the first person everyone would look at. What sort of baddie does that? It's too irresponsible and frankly, too stupid. And yet, what if that was the idea? One survived a lynching and one survived an NK. And I'm tempted to believe Athena had a curse slip. Fuck!

I don't have an actual case on Apollo, just my gut feeling for now. I wonder if Poseidon will conveniently show up to vote in this poll.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Celeste »

Well it seems a my vote will be between Artemis and Fortuna. I am very much For Tuna so it'll probably be Artemis.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Persephone wrote:
Eros wrote:

Thats how your response read to me. No need for eyerolling but it is what I feel. :sigh:
I am sorry I suspect someone who has 3 people defending her but she has not posted one word about it herself. If it is suspicious to try and find baddies then I am very guilty. You do not find it odd that 3 people are defending one person who hasn't posted?
I do. But I'm not totally convinced on the Tuna case either.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Need to vote now

Votes Artemis.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Cere:s tbh Idk wtf to think after today. I cannot believe I am getting votes because I was suspicious of someone who has yet to respond at all not just to me but to anyone. What do you think of the reasons for voting me?
Who do you think you will vote for?

I have the same gut feeling about Apollo still too.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Artemis voted for me claiming to be drunk. We have been told that one team of evildoers is not American. Unless Artemis was drunk at 6:22 EST or earlier (somewhat unlikely, I think), then it would make sense that Artemis is from the UK, where it would have been very late at night.

And Persephone's timbre rattles me.
dunya
Turnip Head
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Persephone wrote:Cere:s tbh Idk wtf to think after today. I cannot believe I am getting votes because I was suspicious of someone who has yet to respond at all not just to me but to anyone. What do you think of the reasons for voting me?

I don't have anything on you right now, but maybe that's just the thing - you come across as way too civ. :shrug: That's why I was curios to hear from Eros.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

I think the evidence against Artemis is compelling, but I still don't like the idea of voting for the insanified, so I am sticking with my initial vote of Fortuna today.

Votes Fortuna
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Eros wrote:And Persephone's timbre rattles me.
NO U

LInky Ceres yeah sounding civ is bad :huh:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Ceres wrote:As far as Artemis goes, I'm not sure she's faking insanification, because if she did, she'd have my posts or Mars' or Phoenix's to copy. Athena suggested a curse in response to Mars' post who was talking about insanification, not a curse. I wonder if this isn't some sort of a slip from Athena. This is just too convenient. It would be beyond obvious that if Athena was targeted for a NK Artemis was the first person everyone would look at. What sort of baddie does that? It's too irresponsible and frankly, too stupid. And yet, what if that was the idea? One survived a lynching and one survived an NK. And I'm tempted to believe Athena had a curse slip. Fuck!

I don't have an actual case on Apollo, just my gut feeling for now. I wonder if Poseidon will conveniently show up to vote in this poll.
I often use the terms interchangably (one is cursed by insanification, after all). Also, she's clearly not posting through an insanifying-site--she's just making random posts, so insanified didn't quite seem the right term to use. Not sure what you're reading into my post. But I have no knowledge of what's going on with Athena or with any insanifying or cursing roles (other than what we can all read on page 1).

And baddies do things that no baddie would ever do all the time. It's why we have a term for it: WIFOM.
Supervisor
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Ceres wrote:
Persephone wrote:Cere:s tbh Idk wtf to think after today. I cannot believe I am getting votes because I was suspicious of someone who has yet to respond at all not just to me but to anyone. What do you think of the reasons for voting me?

I don't have anything on you right now, but maybe that's just the thing - you come across as way too civ. :shrug: That's why I was curios to hear from Eros.
That's the kind of timbre I mean, Ceres. Offensive over little and defensive over little.
dunya
Turnip Head
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Eros wrote:Artemis voted for me claiming to be drunk. We have been told that one team of evildoers is not American. Unless Artemis was drunk at 6:22 EST or earlier (somewhat unlikely, I think), then it would make sense that Artemis is from the UK, where it would have been very late at night.

And Persephone's timbre rattles me.
Good catch! Although I had identified Artemis as someone who is in fact American - unless there's someone who does a very good impression of her. :ponder:
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

correct me if I'm wrong here, but it appears to me that the "case" on Artemis is the supposed "slip" with the "lots of civs voted..." thing and then there seems to be a few circumstantial things that seem reaching a bit. Is there any actual solid evidence?

The things that Apollo said about Fortuna seems more solid than the Artemis stuff in my opinion.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I give up really.

You are only responding to a small suspicion of Fortuna blowing into maddening proportions to encompass Mars, Hercules and me. All she had to do was answer herself, but instead you answered for her, still are.

You still have not shown why she is a civ.

I have never said I was voting for her I still have yet to vote. I do have other suspicions you know. I am still waiting to be convinced but I guess that will not happen.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Eros wrote:
Ceres wrote:

That's the kind of timbre I mean, Ceres. Offensive over little and defensive over little.
BTW Ceres here is why I am suspicious to Eros, in case you missed it in your last post.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Persephone wrote:I give up really.

You are only responding to a small suspicion of Fortuna blowing into maddening proportions to encompass Mars, Hercules and me. All she had to do was answer herself, but instead you answered for her, still are.

You still have not shown why she is a civ.

I have never said I was voting for her I still have yet to vote. I do have other suspicions you know. I am still waiting to be convinced but I guess that will not happen.
And you have not shown why she is bad. Kettle, meet pot.

You have ONE vote, and you're all like, "tbh Idk wtf to think after today. I cannot believe I am getting votes [...]"

That's defensive over little.
dunya
Turnip Head
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

There are at least three roles that can cause posting effects/insanifications maybe more with all the secrets.

There is at least on vote forcer maybe more with all the secrets.

How can anyone civvie ignore those things?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Well it is the truth I received vote and I dont know wtf to think.

I have given my reasons (several times today) why she is bad now give me reasons why she is good.

Damn right I am defensive. :noble:
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Persephone wrote:Well it is the truth I received vote and I dont know wtf to think.

I have given my reasons (several times today) why she is bad now give me reasons why she is good.

Damn right I am defensive. :noble:
You received one vote when someone else has plenty. You did not receive "votes."

I gave my reasons regarding Fortuna. You sort of...uh...asked for them. :evileye:
dunya
Turnip Head
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Well I guess we will have to disagree and wait (if we can be so fortunate) to hear from Fortuna herself. That would be ever so nice.

Sorry I miss typed but I hadn't checked votes so I really thought I had more than one. My bad.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

The more I read the more the case on Artemis seems like a trumped up bandwagon. I can't remember who said it, but when people call something a slip it's usually only a slip if it's blatant. Twisting english to make something a slip does not make it actually a slip.,
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

BTW she never agreed nor disagreed with Athena's post she just said interesting. Which could mean anything. That is why I wanted to hear from her to tell me what was interesting in the post.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros, do you believe everything wise ass jack says? You haven't discussed it much.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Medusa wrote:Eros, do you believe everything wise ass jack says? You haven't discussed it much.
Do we have a reason not to believe it?
dunya
Turnip Head
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

hosts, are we allowed to change votes? I remember someone saying that earlier
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 78

Post by S~V~S »

Certainly you may, that is why the poll is set up that way :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Persephone wrote:Well I guess we will have to disagree and wait (if we can be so fortunate) to hear from Fortuna herself. That would be ever so nice.

Sorry I miss typed but I hadn't checked votes so I really thought I had more than one. My bad.
Nevertheless, you have two.
dunya
Turnip Head
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros wrote:
Medusa wrote:Eros, do you believe everything wise ass jack says? You haven't discussed it much.
Your only post about Artemis was on the word of wj. That made you suspicious of her, but vote forcing never occurred to you. Mm-hmm.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

I vote Fortuna.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Medusa wrote:
Eros wrote:
Your only post about Artemis was on the word of wj. That made you suspicious of her, but vote forcing never occurred to you. Mm-hmm.
No, it didn't.

You'll have to ask the rest of the pantheon why they voted for Artemis though. I didn't, but will if I must.
dunya
Turnip Head

Return to “Previous Jobs”