AMERICAN GODS~ Day 10

Moderator: Community Team

Someone has to be Killing people, right?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Aphrodite
No votes
Ceres
8%
Chronos
38%
Electra
No votes
Helios
No votes
Phoenix
8%
Zeus
No votes
Ceridwen (h/n)
46%

Total votes: 13
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 20

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Night Three

Post by Kent Brockman »

Eros wrote:You're killing me, Fortuna. :disappoint:
I'm sorry to disappoint you after you've given me so much support here today. I don't know what I said wrong.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Fortuna wrote:
Eros wrote:You're killing me, Fortuna. :disappoint:
I'm sorry to disappoint you after you've given me so much support here today. I don't know what I said wrong.
You can start by reading the thread. There's lots of evidence now. Look at voting patterns. If you get busy, say so.

I can't help you forever.
dunya
Turnip Head
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Paul Stevens »

RIP Artemis! Wow, craziness is happening it seems. Aphrodite voted, but didn't post? I would think the timing is she just missed the lynch, but strange not to hear from her.

I don't see how Eros could be Fortuna's baddie teammate and defend her so much, even possibly saving her? However, what was the end vote? Ceres and Ares (lol) don't say who they voted for, but I assume Fortuna? If he actually knew she was a baddie we would just lynch him next most likely. This is not to say she isn't a baddie, because her defense has not been stellar.
Apollo wrote:
Zeus wrote:I understand the case on Artemis but what is the case on Fortuna? If anyone could quickly explain...
I can't speak for others, but here are my reasons for thinking she might be Hinzelmann.

1) She has contributed little, agreeing with others but adding nothing. Blendy.
2) She refuses to defend herself at all
3) She voted Wisconsin, which is likely where Hinzelmann would have voted.
4) She voted on Day 1 for Atlas because he voted for her. Hinzelmann killed Atlas on Night 1.
5. She didn't vote on Day 2, Hinzelmann didn't kill on Night 2.
This is the case Apollo made, but these reasons are honestly slipping away a bit.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Honestly, Vesta. Eros is starting to convince me that Fortuna is not bad after all. I can't see a baddie acting like he has been at this point.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Paul Stevens »

He is certainly coming across as quite certain about her. Is there a role checker? I don't remember seeing one.

Oh and voted Ohio, because it leads to so many more states!
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Here's a question: Why was Mr. Nancy acting all kinds of foolish?
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Vesta wrote:He is certainly coming across as quite certain about her. Is there a role checker? I don't remember seeing one.

Oh and voted Ohio, because it leads to so many more states!
I'm not a role checker.
dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Jack Shephard »

I hope Persephone answers my question about who she is talking about. I'll be very interested to see if she called Artemis a "he".
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros wrote:Here's a question: Why was Mr. Nancy acting all kinds of foolish?
Possibly for the same reason I posted nothing but Elvis videos for an entire day. There's way too many posting challenges for my taste, but that's the game... :sigh:

Voted Indiana.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Young Lady »

Clearly need to rethink everything. Sorry, Artemis for wrongfully suspecting you.
Supervisor
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Ben Linus »

Sorry for not being around, been busy!

Sorry for missing the vote hosts, will try harder next time.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Celeste »

Sorry Artemis.

About Fortuna. I believe Eros truly believes him to be civ. Either through his role or whatever, maybe some info.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Zeus wrote:Image
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Zeus wrote:Sorry Artemis.

About Fortuna. I believe Eros truly believes him to be civ. Either through his role or whatever, maybe some info.
Is Fortuna a male? I thought fortune=male, Fortuna=female/Lady Luck. Which is correct?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Medusa wrote:

Is Fortuna a male? I thought fortune=male, Fortuna=female/Lady Luck. Which is correct?
Wikipedia wrote: Fortuna (Latin: Fortūna, equivalent to the Greek goddess Tyche) was the goddess of fortune and personification of luck in Roman religion. She might bring good luck or bad: she could be represented as veiled and blind, as in modern depictions of Justice, and came to represent life's capriciousness. She was also a goddess of fate: as Atrox Fortuna, she claimed the young lives of the princeps Augustus' grandsons Gaius and Lucius, prospective heirs to the Empire.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Rachel Green »

RIP Artemis! :( Why people voted for an insanified person and said it could be "faked" when there are multiple roles who could have forced you into a posting challenge/insanified you seems really suspicious to me. I think looking back at some of the Artemis voters would be a good start for Day 4. I'm also unsure about Fortuna now. I think her defenses so far haven't been very good, but I don't see Eros going so far out on a limb to defend her if she was a baddie teammate. Doesn't strike me as in the best interest of a baddie team to do so. So I will hold off on Fortuna for now.

Also going with Ohio. I feel like there's more fun stuff to do in that state than in Indiana. Both have too many farms and cornfields though IMO.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Medusa wrote:

Do the roles correspond with the sex of the player?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Apollo wrote:
Medusa wrote:

Wikipedia wrote: Fortuna (Latin: Fortūna, equivalent to the Greek goddess Tyche) was the goddess of fortune and personification of luck in Roman religion. She might bring good luck or bad: she could be represented as veiled and blind, as in modern depictions of Justice, and came to represent life's capriciousness. She was also a goddess of fate: as Atrox Fortuna, she claimed the young lives of the princeps Augustus' grandsons Gaius and Lucius, prospective heirs to the Empire.
I don't dispute that Fortuna is a female. But I don't know about the player.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Zeus wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Medusa wrote:

So when you don't know the sex of a player you just default to the masculine pronoun? Sexist. :p
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Apollo wrote:
Zeus wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Medusa wrote:

So when you don't know the sex of a player you just default to the masculine pronoun? Sexist. :p
It's easier than writing he/she all the time. But I will call everyone "it" in future. ;)
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

So no one is going to bring up the "slip" word this time. :haha:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Medusa wrote:

This is why I'm waiting for Persephone to clarify who she was referring to when she said, "he".
Zeus wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Medusa wrote:

That's the point...
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros, I know you are not obligated to respond to this, but I'm going to express my concerns, regardless. There is a target switcher in the game, and secrets. I'm wondering how sure you can possibly be about a player affiliation, considering this. Maybe I'm just a creature of little faith, but I still have some doubt here.

Zeus, I've done a reread of you, and I noted some inconsistency. Nothing terribly damning, but questionable, nonetheless.

You were happy to vote Indiana and follow Dr. Jones, but now you prefer Ohio. Info?

You also posted that you liked Tuna, so you would probably vote Artemis. (Although you had not previously mentioned Artemis)
Then someone made a post stating concerns about Fortuna, and you replied that you still didn't see much of a case on Fortuna. Then you made another post to vote Artemis. Still never mentioning anything about the case on Artemis. It sounds like your goal was not centered around comparing evidence or cases, but to make sure that anyone other than Fortuna got your vote.

I am definitely having difficulty with the open support of Fortuna, but I realize it could be for a good reason. I just wish I could calm my wariness over this.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Oops, sorry .zues, it was someone else who voted Ohio, and I thought it was you. My big bad!!!!!
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Chronos: I called Arte he because his name Arte sounds male.

As for everything else: after everything yesterday I think I need to let it sink in. I did think the interaction between Eros and Fortuna was weird. He defended her all day and in one of her first posts she tries to distance from him. There is something niggling at me over this but I am not sure what it is.

ATHENA: I THOUGHT IF I POSTED ALL CAPS YOU WOULD NOTICE. HAVE YOU FINISHED YOU READ OF THE WISCONSIN VOTERS? WHAT THOUGHTS DO YOU WANT TO SHARE?
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

I'm going to try for a clean slate here. Look at things with no preconceived ideas.

I went back to the roles, and tried guessing some of the secrets. Does anyone want to venture a guess about the baddie who keeps bodies in his trunk? He has a secret and I suppose it has to do with the bodies. Either he finds out the identity of the dead, or he can resurrect them later? If its the first one, that would be kind of cool, in that the other team has someone who can appear as someone else if lynched. One baddie team might be able to catch the other in a lie, and make connections and kill off a few of the baddies.

If its a resurrecting ability, then I don't see a bright side.

Does anyone besides me wonder if all the lynchees are who they were revealed to be?
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Grand Scheme »

Medusa wrote:I'm going to try for a clean slate here. Look at things with no preconceived ideas.

I went back to the roles, and tried guessing some of the secrets. Does anyone want to venture a guess about the baddie who keeps bodies in his trunk? He has a secret and I suppose it has to do with the bodies. Either he finds out the identity of the dead, or he can resurrect them later? If its the first one, that would be kind of cool, in that the other team has someone who can appear as someone else if lynched. One baddie team might be able to catch the other in a lie, and make connections and kill off a few of the baddies.

Does anyone besides me wonder if all the lynchees are who they were revealed to be?
That's definitely possible, but then the question is which ones, if any?

Also, I went with Indiana; I've been in every state around Indiana but never to Indiana itself.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Medusa wrote:Eros, I know you are not obligated to respond to this, but I'm going to express my concerns, regardless. There is a target switcher in the game, and secrets. I'm wondering how sure you can possibly be about a player affiliation, considering this. Maybe I'm just a creature of little faith, but I still have some doubt here.

Zeus, I've done a reread of you, and I noted some inconsistency. Nothing terribly damning, but questionable, nonetheless.

You were happy to vote Indiana and follow Dr. Jones, but now you prefer Ohio. Info?

You also posted that you liked Tuna, so you would probably vote Artemis. (Although you had not previously mentioned Artemis)
Then someone made a post stating concerns about Fortuna, and you replied that you still didn't see much of a case on Fortuna. Then you made another post to vote Artemis. Still never mentioning anything about the case on Artemis. It sounds like your goal was not centered around comparing evidence or cases, but to make sure that anyone other than Fortuna got your vote.

I am definitely having difficulty with the open support of Fortuna, but I realize it could be for a good reason. I just wish I could calm my wariness over this.
True. I had not really mentioned Artemis. But I read the evidence and voted accordingly. Who do you think is most suspicious now?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Saito »

Off to Cleveland. Brb
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Medusa wrote:So no one is going to bring up the "slip" word this time. :haha:
Which slip do you allude to?
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Larry David »

I voted for Indiana.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 61

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day Three

Post by Larry David »

Phoenix wrote:
Eros wrote:
Phoenix wrote:I vote Fortuna.
Phoenix wrote:correct me if I'm wrong here, but it appears to me that the "case" on Artemis is the supposed "slip" with the "lots of civs voted..." thing and then there seems to be a few circumstantial things that seem reaching a bit. Is there any actual solid evidence?

The things that Apollo said about Fortuna seems more solid than the Artemis stuff in my opinion.
Keep this in mind folks. This is the only post Phoenix has made regarding Fortuna. Tagging along with another. Did Persphone grill the bird?

The only time Perseophone mentioned Phoenix is here:
Persephone wrote:If I was randomizing I would remove Medusa and Phoenix tbh.

Mark it. Mark it with a B. Then put the Bad Guys in the oven and listen to them scream.
What are you trying to get at with this post?

EROS....What exactly were you trying to say with this post?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Young Lady »

Persephone wrote:Chronos: I called Arte he because his name Arte sounds male.

As for everything else: after everything yesterday I think I need to let it sink in. I did think the interaction between Eros and Fortuna was weird. He defended her all day and in one of her first posts she tries to distance from him. There is something niggling at me over this but I am not sure what it is.

ATHENA: I THOUGHT IF I POSTED ALL CAPS YOU WOULD NOTICE. HAVE YOU FINISHED YOU READ OF THE WISCONSIN VOTERS? WHAT THOUGHTS DO YOU WANT TO SHARE?
I did reread them the other day. Nothing in particular stuck out to me worth mentioning. I may reread again in the next day or so and see if I notice anything now in context of more time having gone by (and more posts to analyze).

Medusa wrote:I'm going to try for a clean slate here. Look at things with no preconceived ideas.

Searching the dead seems too simple a power to be secret. If it's a rez, then that would mean that the other team probably has a similar ability in order for there to be balance. It could also be something entirely inventive that we're not easily going to guess, which based on our hosts I think is likely.

And you are not the only one who wonders that.

vote: Indiana
Supervisor
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Golf »

ohio gozaimasu
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Have we heard from Aprodite since her strange vote?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 78

Post by S~V~S »

Spending as much time in the underworld as she did, Persephone was used to mourning, to grief and to the mechanics of death. While she could never disregard it or laugh it off, seeing the mourning of others did not affect her as once it had. She walked past the wailing people in a haze, and towards the ferry across the Styx to join her lover, Hades, for the part of the year she spent with him.

She was surprised to see Hades himself waiting by the shore next to the ferry, rather than his henchman, Charon. He reached up and gently pulled down her jaw, and a gold coin fell into his hand.

"Come my love, follow me and bid this world adieu forever", he said.

Looking over her shoulder, sorrowfully realizing she recognized all of those gathered at the shore, she saw someone she did NOT really know. A man in anachronistic black clothing, a hat and dark glasses. Suddenly she remembered how she had died, at the hands of this man. She would have sworn revenge, but she had already ceased caring about the concerns of the living. Life had been beautiful, but it was over now.

Persephone has died
You have 2 days to find who did this dastardly deed.

~~~~~

Indiana was a special place to Shadow, it is where he was born, or where he believed himself to have been born. It was also where Laura had died. He was happy to be home, and hoped it was a good day for him, and his Laura. He was glad he had sent the coin ahead, and that she was alive again. But he had not seen her face yet, and he looked forward to it.

As the bus sped across Indiana, he felt better than he had in years.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 19

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day Four: INDIANA

Post by Ned Flanders »

Too late already??
Assault
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: American Gods Polls Thread

Post by juliets »

Night 3 - REMEMBER TO RIGHT CLICK AND VIEW TO SEE THE WHOLE THING

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Poll is posted.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

For those who participate in on-topic posting (that means more than one post and something adding to the flow) tonight and tomorrow we will play a little game toward the end of the tomorrow for a prize. Oops I didn't get this approved by my partner... :omg:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

...but she's cool

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day Three

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Phoenix wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Eros wrote:
Phoenix wrote:I vote Fortuna.
Phoenix wrote:correct me if I'm wrong here, but it appears to me that the "case" on Artemis is the supposed "slip" with the "lots of civs voted..." thing and then there seems to be a few circumstantial things that seem reaching a bit. Is there any actual solid evidence?

The things that Apollo said about Fortuna seems more solid than the Artemis stuff in my opinion.
Keep this in mind folks. This is the only post Phoenix has made regarding Fortuna. Tagging along with another. Did Persphone grill the bird?

The only time Perseophone mentioned Phoenix is here:
Persephone wrote:If I was randomizing I would remove Medusa and Phoenix tbh.

Mark it. Mark it with a B. Then put the Bad Guys in the oven and listen to them scream.
What are you trying to get at with this post?

EROS....What exactly were you trying to say with this post?
I was calling Persephone out on what seemed like an inconsistency.
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I am sorry to see Persephone go even though she suspected me. I think she was one of the more helpful and insightful players.

I'm voting early for Aphrodite (I can always change it later) because I find her voting patterns VERY suspicious and I want to try to draw her out a bit.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I haven't been this uncomfortable since the time I accidentally shot my cat. Boy, was THAT an awkward two weeks.
dunya
Turnip Head
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros wrote:I haven't been this uncomfortable since the time I accidentally shot my cat. Boy, was THAT an awkward two weeks.
Ok. I want to hear the rest of this. Why are you uncomfortable?
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Sockys2023 »

Loved the part of the post about my dear husband and I. Gives me hope.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I'd like to hear what Aphrodite thinks...
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

RIP but I can't help think you were bad, P. Your posts felt off to me.

I'd like to hear from Aphrodite as well, and I'll attempt to catch back up in the game this day period.
To be recycled
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I knew this was going to happen whoever killed me - you suck :p
thanks for the fun game SVS and Juliets

Return to “Previous Jobs”