Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] plz tell me about Dr. White

and also, do you think long con cares about the roof war?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:46 pm @Marmot
@Kites
@TonyStarkPrime

Tell me about the effort to lynch colonialbob.
My opinion on CBob is that he’s done a lot of set up, where he took some posts and gave the argument for why the posts were scummy without saying so. Someone else can pick up the argument later and he doesn’t have to try and carry it. Also an easy way for mafia to create the appearance of majority support without having to commit that many members to a cause.
Overall day 1 he notably pressured RDW, Colin, and Quin in this way, but RDW was saying crazy things and deserved it. Colin and Quin both were pushed as feasible Day 1 lynches but Cbob ended up on Rabbit even though his arguments against the two carried on and almost led to lynch.
Also I ended up on Quin.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

I am a little bit off the nutella train. Still major eye on quin. I will change my vote to Dr. White. Luffy's retaliation to my very nicely phrased and totally not deserved of insults being hurled back at me case is the kind of inappropriate shit I can only see from an angry civilian.

[VOTE: Dr white] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:15 pm @JaggedJimmyJay plz tell me about Dr. White

and also, do you think long con cares about the roof war?
Some of this is going to be a rehash.

Spoiler: show
Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:44 pm I too do not like how Mac tried to make a quicklist of reads based on pretty much intuition alone. Even if on vacation, why posit that as contribution? Seems like he was trying to feign activity. The split between him and colonial is very interesting.

I however found JJJ "strong town reading" Colonial interesting, since it was solely on the grounds of him listing his own reads. Mafia can easily do that as well as to not appear like they are parroting . That is a very interesting link given the colonial-Mac dynamic.

Nutella jumped on Mac pretty early. Not sure if it was a pressure vote, but it really put me off towards them.

Not sure how DDL plays here. He seems more passive and backing down a bit, I will keep a watch on him for sure. Anyone who wants to give me his meta summary feel free.

Other person of note was dunya. Pretty much just need more time to see if she's genuinely town leading, or "the string pulling" mafioso that was mentioned earlier.

I think people ignored the problems with this post because I chose to highlight it with the "interestings" found in it for meme value. Let's try instead focusing on the quality of the content.

Green: he implied that Mac's provisions of intuited reads don't even qualify as a contribution. That's bullshit. He can question their sincerity, but to say they are nothing is a ridiculous smear. It also came on the heels of colonialbob's anti-Mac stance, so there's room for opportunism.

Red: Dr. White observes my town read on colonialbob and then proceeds to make vague assertions about how interesting it is. I don't know what this actually means. This became a problem later.

Cyan: This just looks fake to me. He was really put off by a vote which may have been, by his own admission, a pressure vote. Meh.

Yellow: Neither of these comments amounts to anything.

Dr. White wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 pm Did I peg you right already so you go for the linguistic call out? So sad.

He bit hard on that "interesting" bait with this response. He implies here that he was reading me as a mafioso (but again doesn't actually say it), and that "pegging me right" incited my linguistic poke. He didn't peg me as anything. He called me interesting. He said vague things. Refer again to the red-colored content in the prior post.

Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm
Dr. White wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm Overall I'd be most comfortable with a Mac, LC, or Running lynch. If we wanna go big fish hunting then it's JJJ. JJJ responded quite weird to me when I mentioned him backing colonial up so strong that early as interesting. He's kept quite a strong tone towards me since than, and hasn't really explained why he's made two post since then (a vote in the subsequent one) sussing me. I'd like to know why I am one of his biggest suspects and he feels so strongly about my lynch.
To put it most succinctly:

You keep dancing around "JJJ and colonialbob are mafia teammates" without just saying it. It smells like a desire to manipulate a negative climate without committing to an actual read. To stick me alongside bob is too easy and I am not convinced you really believe that.
This is a real shallow and forced conclusion. I am noting something that is sus. I am not "dancing around saying you two are scum mates" because that isn't the only conclusion one can come to. Yes, you could be scum mates, or you can be going for town cred by latching on to a townie and giving him good marks. So yes it is contributing to my sus of you, but in no way entails I have to 100% subscribe to both of you being scummates.

Dr. White clarified his vagueness here. It was difficult for me to get this clarification out of him. It covers the full gamut of "JJJ and colonialbob being interesting" and amounts to general suspicion. I complained about the lack of clarity and as such our argument exploded:

"That is clear and utter bullshit JJJ and you know it -- This is where Dr. White starts insisting that his initial meaning should have been obvious, and that my failure to acknowledge that is suspicious. This again refers to the red-colored statement in the first post I've provided here. That shit is not obvious in any universe, and that he so forcibly pushed that crap on me looks like Caught for the Wrong Reasons. He hates being suspected for the reason I provided and pushed back hard, but in doing so only managed to spew a bunch of nonsense. I hate it. It got worse.

He continued to double-down on the notion that what he said had an obvious meaning -- No. Absolutely not. I don't think he could have responded much worse to my accusations.

A number of people encountered two people screaming at each other, rolled their eyes, assumed civ-civ, and ignored it. It wasn't until more recently that I was able to get people to look more closely to get my points across.

The separate notion of his handling of the draft specifically pertaining to Marmot and Iron_Dwarf doesn't mean a whole lot to me, because that's highly speculative and mechanistic. I don't think that can be reliably utilized. Maybe you'll disagree. I think he looks bad anyway.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:15 pm and also, do you think long con cares about the roof war?
I would not give Long Con confident civilian credit. I would expect him to give at least a third of a shit about looking the part if he's a mafioso. My willingness to stand on that defense is very limited though.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:25 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:07 pm
@Kites
@TonyStarkPrime

My opinion on CBob is that he’s done a lot of set up, where he took some posts and gave the argument for why the posts were scummy without saying so. Someone else can pick up the argument later and he doesn’t have to try and carry it. Also an easy way for mafia to create the appearance of majority support without having to commit that many members to a cause.
Overall day 1 he notably pressured RDW, Colin, and Quin in this way, but RDW was saying crazy things and deserved it. Colin and Quin both were pushed as feasible Day 1 lynches but Cbob ended up on Rabbit even though his arguments against the two carried on and almost led to lynch.
Also I ended up on Quin.
Well that makes you 50 percent more cohesive.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

@ JJJ Yeah, I will, but I can’t right now and Mobile sucks.
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:28 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:05 pm Dr. White
MacDougall
Dragon D. Luffy

sig
rundontwalk
Kites
I'd like to hear more about these reads at least briefly. I screwed up the code when I snipped, so the shades of colors might be different.
The Doc: One of the only players I've ISO'd because his post history is small enough to without wanting to bang my head against the wall. I think he looks like a genuine example of someone trying to keep up with people he's never played with before and nothing he's said has pinged me. And I find the case on him beyond arbitrary.
Mac: I don't feel confident on my ability to read Mac either way. I've mostly agreed with what he's posted this game. Not putting much stock in the early posts he made when on vacation like some people seem to have done.
The Dragon: I've felt a bit uneasy about him without having any real reason to this entire game. I have him as yellow but I can get onboard with Mac's recent case.
sig: I dunno, I tried ISOing and got bored, couldn't explain myself, so I'm probably full of shit. I remember thinking there was something weird about his assertion that the rabbit kill meant scum was probably a syndicate veteran or a pegasus knight, cuz it really doesn't make sense to me to include pegasus knight in that, and if that's actually a syndicate tradition that's really weird.
ArrDeeDubbleyou: Surprise, surprise, he's all over the place. Clearly does not stand by anything he says beyond the point at which he says it. An easy style to play as scum cuz no one can hold you accountable, and he has the meta to get away with it. I see no reason to trust him.
Kites: Bad feeling about a couple posts I pointed out earlier where it looks like he's subtly trying to fish for info. One asking about gender and one where he gives a little thing in verse that doesn't look like it relates to anything.

My effort is going downhill fast, I'm sorry.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

gwilikers6 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm ArrDeeDubbleyou: Surprise, surprise, he's all over the place. Clearly does not stand by anything he says beyond the point at which he says it. An easy style to play as scum cuz no one can hold you accountable, and he has the meta to get away with it. I see no reason to trust him.
Fair. I can't say that I have a clear idea where RDW's reads stand right now given that he has thrown them around with reckless abandon. It is true to form, but perhaps to the point of caricature.

[mention]rundontwalk[/mention], a rainbow list or something similar from you would be super.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407

Post by rundontwalk »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:47 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:42 pm ArrDeeDubbleyou: Surprise, surprise, he's all over the place. Clearly does not stand by anything he says beyond the point at which he says it. An easy style to play as scum cuz no one can hold you accountable, and he has the meta to get away with it. I see no reason to trust him.
Fair. I can't say that I have a clear idea where RDW's reads stand right now given that he has thrown them around with reckless abandon. It is true to form, but perhaps to the point of caricature.

@rundontwalk, a rainbow list or something similar from you would be super.
Roygbiv
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rundontwalk wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 pm Roygbiv
Are your reads in a state of constant quantum fluctuation?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:24 pm :Uhh:

Getting Civ on Civ vibes.

Ugh I'm going to need a player list with notes for this game. So many new players.
Dunya was town, but Speedchuck is always mafia

(Hi speed it’s nice to see you again :hugs: )
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by ColinIsCool »

Well, I wished for more of a substantive contribution from Dr. White, but he's wrapped up in all of that draft stuff the same, which I find more compelling than the JJJ argument, so it'll test the theory either way.

[VOTE: DR. WHITE] aubergine

Aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

AUBERGINE

[1] Quin - nutella
[3] colonialbob - Marmot, Kites, TonyStarkPrime
[1] Iron_Dwarf - speedchuck
[1] Dragon D. Luffy - rundontwalk
[1] nutella - Quin
[1] Marmot - sig
[1] Kenway - colonialbob
[1] rundontwalk - Iron_Dwarf
[1] dunya - DrWilgy
[1] Long Con - Dragon D. Luffy
[3] Dr. White - JaggedJimmyJay, MacDougall, ColinIsCool

No vote: Dr. White, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, Long Con, sprityo

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:55 pm
There's scum among IronDwarf/gwilikers/dr/kites

I think y'all are overlooking gwilikers. Would town gwilikers be so so invested?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm down to sauté this white aubergine [VOTE: Dr. White] aubergine
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

rundontwalk wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:02 pm

I think y'all are overlooking gwilikers. Would town gwilikers be so so invested?
You tell me. I don't know his meta, but I feel like I've seen nothing but town behavior from him
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

I'll certainly be sleeping when EOD rolls around. Of the three that have been talked about most, Iron Dwarf is my preferred lynch.

[VOTE: Iron Dwarf] aubergine
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

He tried, but he's losing steam.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I’m voting for the one person I’m comfortable voting:

I want my level up damnit

[VOTE: SIG] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

AUBERGINE

[3] colonialbob - Marmot, Kites, TonyStarkPrime
[2] Iron_Dwarf - speedchuck, gwilikers6
[1] Dragon D. Luffy - rundontwalk
[1] nutella - Quin
[1] Marmot - sig
[1] Kenway - colonialbob
[1] rundontwalk - Iron_Dwarf
[1] dunya - DrWilgy
[1] Long Con - Dragon D. Luffy
[4] Dr. White - JaggedJimmyJay, MacDougall, ColinIsCool, nutella
[1] sig - sprityo

No vote: Dr. White, Epignosis, Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, Long Con
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rundontwalk wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:02 pm There's scum among IronDwarf/gwilikers/dr/kites

Which "dr"?

gwilly was often one of the most invested civilians we had on RYM before he started running out of energy to play. He was generally a high-rate contributor regardless of alignment. What do you think he'd be doing here in town form?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

>and here comes the bombardment from JJJ
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

sprityo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 pm I’m voting for the one person I’m comfortable voting:

I want my level up damnit

[VOTE: SIG] aubergine

Wat?
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

@Kites
@TonyStarkPrime

The effort is real. More real than then nutella toast.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:10 pm
@Kites
@TonyStarkPrime

You said he was drive-by voting. Which votes would you characterize that way, and why do you feel that's suspicious?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It's Long Con's birthday today. Should we lynch him? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 432

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 am
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:41 pm wait what if sprityo is ring? :huh:
Nice catch.

Someone should vig him imo.
Why not lynch him?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

If Ring is LYNCHED all town players are roleblocked the following night.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:12 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:10 pm
@Kites
@TonyStarkPrime

You said he was drive-by voting. Which votes would you characterize that way, and why do you feel that's suspicious?
I called this Iron-Dwarf vote a drive-by. I didn't really think much of it, just called it what it was.

It was the votes before that, namely the ones I listed in this post that I didn't like.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EBWOP with the link.

I called this Iron-Dwarf vote a drive-by. I didn't really think much of it, just called it what it was.

It was the votes before that, namely the ones I listed in this post that I didn't like.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I am also feeling cavalier and also interested in a gwilikers lynch.

The guy was pinged by his own posts.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:45 pm If Sprityo is ring he roleblocks the entire town when killed (delaying our investigations and giving easy kills to the mafia) which makes him a primary candidate for bussing. So his insistence on being an easy lynch (the kind of thing that usually makes people want to lynch you more) and posts that suggest he doesn't care about it could be an attempt to be lynched.

Granted, this is subjective, and Sprityo could just be misinterpreted. But even then, the ring is a player who should be trying to be lynched before their teammates.
First of all, if I were that role, I still wouldn't try getting myself lynched. Outnumbering civilians is more important than blocking civilians. The former is how to win. The latter is not.

Second, if that was that person's desire, don't you think there are far easier ways to get yourself lynched?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:21 pm EBWOP with the link.

[mention]colonialbob[/mention], I looked through your posts and didn't see you directly addressing Marmot's grievances here. Unless I missed it, you should do that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

please stop posting the nutella cheese :[
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 292

Post by speedchuck »

sprityo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:58 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:24 pm :Uhh:

Getting Civ on Civ vibes.

Ugh I'm going to need a player list with notes for this game. So many new players.
Dunya was town, but Speedchuck is always mafia

(Hi speed it’s nice to see you again :hugs: )
Hey Sprit! :hugs: Been a while on here since we've played together.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't see a good reason to tie sprityo's talk about the danger of his receiving votes with the Five Finger General Ring slot. Indeed I think he was trying not to get lynched, not some kind of reverse psychology. That doesn't make him a civilian, but the specific connection drawn here strikes me as spurious.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:26 pm

@colonialbob, I looked through your posts and didn't see you directly addressing Marmot's grievances here. Unless I missed it, you should do that.
Thanks dad

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:26 pm please stop posting the nutella cheese :[
Maybe I should have included a trigger warning.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nutella toast looks much better.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:33 pm Nutella toast looks much better.

oh baby it's getting steamy in here :faint:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm I'm saying it could be both, but is more likely to just be a TS oldie.

The mafia wouldn't want all three of you around, since that give the civs another strong civ killing role, if I was mafia I'd try to get a teammate one of those roles also. Out of all three of you, assuming you're all civs, it wouldn't make much sense to kill Rabbit since he's inactive.

Yes you and MM would be on the same team, but I wasn't being that serious with that scum slips rarely happen.

I pointed this out with the Buffy game, mafia started out by killing inactive players at night instead of active and potentially dangerous civs. The mafia team ended up having SVS and Eloh both on it, they're both TS vets. I've noticed this pattern in a few other games especially when I first joined, I could probably dig up older games to prove it, but I'm to busy atm. I'd just take note of it and maybe track/investigate people who're more likely to do this.

I could also see Mac suggesting it seeing how I used that logic in our last game, but that's a tin foil.

@Jackofhearts2005 Does the triangle attack keep working after the Pegasus Knights get promoted ?
Elohcin didn't play Buffy.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:32 am Following JJJ's logic on me I want rundontwalk to explain his behavior. He's not really adding much of value to cases. Hardly any reads at all, no explanation on his JJJ vote.

[VOTE: rundontwalk] aubergine
Still my number one suspect. [VOTE: rundontwalk] aubergine
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:26 pm

colonialbob, I looked through your posts and didn't see you directly addressing Marmot's grievances here. Unless I missed it, you should do that.
I didn't respond directly to his post, I guess, but I have explained my rabbit8 vote a couple times now. I switched back because after ISOing nutella, I felt she was civ, and continued to civ-read Epi. Therefore I wanted to try and offer a viable third option - at the time I switched back, rabbit had another vote (sig) while I was the only person on lapluie.

I still don't understand the drive-by Iron_Dwarf argument, I'd expressed suspicion of him previously. There's been other, more drive-by-y votes that haven't gotten attention.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 pmThere's been other, more drive-by-y votes that haven't gotten attention.
Which ones?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:48 pm
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:32 am Following JJJ's logic on me I want rundontwalk to explain his behavior. He's not really adding much of value to cases. Hardly any reads at all, no explanation on his JJJ vote.

[VOTE: rundontwalk] aubergine
Still my number one suspect. [VOTE: rundontwalk] aubergine
I'm honored really, but you are alas grave-ly mistaken
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 pmThere's been other, more drive-by-y votes that haven't gotten attention.
Which ones?
I'll try to look. Unfortunately it's tough to search them unless they said the magic word.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

I'm not gonna waste my time defending myself against silly accusations that I'm scum when I know I'm not scum.

Y'all are latter day Birthers and history will absolve me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I still think iron dwarf is a civ for stating four scum reads at once with no civ reads to balance it. That is a confident as fuck scum move if so and I don't think he is that *ahem* #ballstothewall.

I feel like RDW was drunk posting before. He slid down my rainbow but I'm not too certain.

Would still like to see quin lynched as the priority. I don't feel like throwing away day 1 is a good idea. Nutella has earned a stay of execution. Quin hasn't.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Colonalbon would you do me the honour of analysing spirityo? I have concerns about that boy and they are unrelated to this silliness about a ring.

Return to “Previous Jobs”