Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 202
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Pikachu Tribe - Day 1

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:57 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:55 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:48 pm The only way that having 2 roles does NOT benefit scum is if we commit to every lynch. Mathematically.

Lynching someone opens them up to lynch or nightkill. It takes us two lynches to kill someone. It takes us TWO lynches. If we mislynch, mafia can kill the mislynchee instantly. Would they do that?

"Of course," Long Con says. "After all, killing someone else would supply a townfirm."

Right. So Mafia will probably finish the job for us. Unless they don't. In the case that our lynched dude is scum, they'll kill someone else. This leads us to kill the dude again, and they can finish the job on that other person, bringing us back to square one.

Basically, for game balance and assurance that mafia won't just wipe the floor with us, both sides will, by nature, double down. Which is dumb, because it means the second roles we are given aren't worth a flying flip darn tootin' skippy, except for a last night action before biting the dust. In addition, the roles of these players that get doubled down on won't be revealed if they get nightkilled (we'll know they aren't scum, but that's all).

AM I MISSING ANYTHING?
By night killing other options, the mafia is providing itself with a chance to grow.
Alignments don't change.

Common sense.

Otherwise, we lynch a mafia, they become town, they get their team lynched, GG.
Did you even read the setup?

Alignments change.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:07 pm I'm almost tempted to no lynch on D1, just to put the mafia in the deciding position of killing one of their own or giving us a townfirm to work with on our first lynch. Put the pressure on them, instead of allowing them to capitalize on our likely mislynch and give us nothing.

(we can't even lynch who we want to today, in all likelyhood)

linki: CRAP
So mafia numbers can grow, but they can't defect to town. Frikkin perfect.
Lynch me so that I might see what my final win con is. :pout:
Like I said before, I have a theory that mafia can change to town if they are some kind of mafia traitor who doesn't have BTSC.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Pikachu Tribe - Night 1

Post by Long Con »

Well, are any of you solo Mafia members? If so, then you should come forward so we can lynch you - you are very likely to end up as Civs, so why not streamline the process? :grin:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 320

Post by speedchuck »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:27 am (im sure you have a cool role too)
:shrug2:
Overall after catching up, this game is gonna be tough, because everyone talking looks pretty damn civ to me, minus a few transgressions. The most apparent issue was the circa day end when quin got +2 votes.

Also i think the following people are town.

SVS
Epi
Speedchuck

Long Con
:|
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:46 am
speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:57 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:55 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:48 pm The only way that having 2 roles does NOT benefit scum is if we commit to every lynch. Mathematically.

Lynching someone opens them up to lynch or nightkill. It takes us two lynches to kill someone. It takes us TWO lynches. If we mislynch, mafia can kill the mislynchee instantly. Would they do that?

"Of course," Long Con says. "After all, killing someone else would supply a townfirm."

Right. So Mafia will probably finish the job for us. Unless they don't. In the case that our lynched dude is scum, they'll kill someone else. This leads us to kill the dude again, and they can finish the job on that other person, bringing us back to square one.

Basically, for game balance and assurance that mafia won't just wipe the floor with us, both sides will, by nature, double down. Which is dumb, because it means the second roles we are given aren't worth a flying flip darn tootin' skippy, except for a last night action before biting the dust. In addition, the roles of these players that get doubled down on won't be revealed if they get nightkilled (we'll know they aren't scum, but that's all).

AM I MISSING ANYTHING?
By night killing other options, the mafia is providing itself with a chance to grow.
Alignments don't change.

Common sense.

Otherwise, we lynch a mafia, they become town, they get their team lynched, GG.
Did you even read the setup?

Alignments change.
I may have skimmed it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 667

Post by DharmaHelper »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:52 am
S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:36 am Lol phone autocorrect ftw "GUT" NOT "BUT" in the first line. Doh.
Tbf I often play on butt.

Suspicion of DH growing. He's refusing to engage with Epi's reasoning and instead just repeating his suspicions.
What's suspicious about doing what I always do?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 195

Post by Dom »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:51 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:37 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm I'd rather lynch DDL or Dom, but I'm okay with a Quin lynch.
literally what the fresh hell is this post and why hasn't speedchuck cared to explain the shit out of it?
What's wrong with it?
compare this with your bullshit rainbow and i am at a loss as to any of your rationale.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dom wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:08 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm I'd rather lynch DDL or Dom, but I'm okay with a Quin lynch.
literally what the fresh hell is this post and why hasn't speedchuck cared to explain the shit out of it?
What's wrong with it?
compare this with your bullshit rainbow and i am at a loss as to any of your rationale.
D1 + going along with Epi to make a lynch happen + Not wanting Sprit to die because of some thing that were said after the rainbow + EOD craziness and a deadline that snuck up on me + nobody being around but Epi + Me wanting to do something with my vote = THAT

I do not see the problem
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 288

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:37 am
Overall after catching up, this game is gonna be tough, because everyone talking looks pretty damn civ to me, minus a few transgressions. The most apparent issue was the circa day end when quin got +2 votes.

SVS
Epi
Speedchuck

Long Con
You are all :| over you and Epi being considered as town, but he feels the EOD was weird? It WAS weird. VERY WEIRD. I am still way up in the air as to you, but Epi feels mostly town to me, minus any grammar based suspects. But what he did at EOD WAS weird. What you did WAS weird. Based on some of your own posts, even you seem to think it was a bit weird. Thinking someone did something questionable while also thinking they are likely not bad are not necessarily mutually exclusive things.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:12 pm
What's wrong with it?
D1 + going along with Epi to make a lynch happen + Not wanting Sprit to die because of some thing that were said after the rainbow + EOD craziness and a deadline that snuck up on me + nobody being around but Epi + Me wanting to do something with my vote = THAT

I do not see the problem
"Don't look at me, I just went along with Epignosis!"

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:20 pm
What's wrong with it?

I do not see the problem
That's not what I said.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:18 pm

SVS
Epi
Speedchuck

Long Con
You are all :| over you and Epi being considered as town, but he feels the EOD was weird? It WAS weird. VERY WEIRD. I am still way up in the air as to you, but Epi feels mostly town to me, minus any grammar based suspects. But what he did at EOD WAS weird. What you did WAS weird. Based on some of your own posts, even you seem to think it was a bit weird. Thinking someone did something questionable while also thinking they are likely not bad are not necessarily mutually exclusive things.
I don't disagree with you, but maybe I should have highlighted different things.

"everybody talking looks pretty damn civ to me" - talking about his difficulty finding scum reads
"The most apparent issue was the circa day end" - the one issue that doesn't look 'pretty damn civ'
Town:
Epi and speedchuck

I want to hear Sprityo's response, thanks.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:27 pm
What's wrong with it?

I do not see the problem
That's not what I said.
It was quite literally the first thing you said.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:30 pm

SVS
Epi
Speedchuck

Long Con
I don't disagree with you, but maybe I should have highlighted different things.

"everybody talking looks pretty damn civ to me" - talking about his difficulty finding scum reads
"The most apparent issue was the circa day end" - the one issue that doesn't look 'pretty damn civ'
Town:
Epi and speedchuck

I am hopeful you will hear his response, but you will have to sit through mine as well as anyone else who might be intrigued by your new direction :noble:

Now after making a big production out of not lynching him yesterday, now you want to ask him pointed questions demanding responses? Whatevs, we will see what the night brings.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:34 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:27 pm

What's wrong with it?

I do not see the problem
That's not what I said.
It was quite literally the first thing you said.
I guess all of the rest of it doesn't matter then.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:41 pm

SVS
Epi
Speedchuck

Long Con

Town:
Epi and speedchuck

I am hopeful you will hear his response, but you will have to sit through mine as well as anyone else who might be intrigued by your new direction :noble:

Now after making a big production out of not lynching him yesterday, now you want to ask him pointed questions demanding responses? Whatevs, we will see what the night brings.
If you're expecting me to literally clear someone as town on N1, you'll be disappointed.

And I'd prefer that he respond first. Where I come from, answering questions or subtle suspicions that are aimed at a player, before they can answer them, is considered -EV (estimated value) play. I can't pressure someone and get a genuine response out of them to scumhunt if some other fellow with no stake in the question comes up and makes excuses or answers for him. Please, let me do my thing, and question me afterward.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

LC is being so proactive this game it makes me worry since he was useless last 3 games I played with him and civ in all of them.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

What is the estimated value of trying to lynch someone you think is a civ

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:47 pm We can approach this Day as though it is Day 2 and colonialbob was lynched Day 1.

DDL had something of a negative reaction to colonialbob, but colonialbob didn't appear to suspect DDL for it. Then colonialbob voted sprityo.

For someone who basically got outed as a civilian until at least Day 6, that wasn't a very useful read. :(
I didn't read Colinialbob negatively. I argued with him. For all I know I can't read Bob to save my life, specially at Day 1.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:00 pm What is the estimated value of trying to lynch someone you think is a civ
:suspish:

You're clearly ignoring my content, based on your sarcastic repetition. If you honestly still don't understand, I'd advise rereading my posts until your eyes are bleary.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:14 pm Some suspicious shit WAS going on. You guys voted for Quin out of the blue nowhere with like *maybe* two minutes left on the poll. You don't find that suspicious?
In this site? In 2018? No I don't. I'll find it suspicious when people don't change their votes like madmen in the last 15 minutes.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:05 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:00 pm What is the estimated value of trying to lynch someone you think is a civ

You're clearly ignoring my content, based on your sarcastic repetition. If you honestly still don't understand, I'd advise rereading my posts until your eyes are bleary.
Put another way why did you feel more comfortable following Epi into a Quin vote when you could have just as easily suggested he vote with you, for me, someone that was "yellow" on your list. Instead the two of you voted for a "mild" "green" suspect.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:52 pm LC is being so proactive this game it makes me worry since he was useless last 3 games I played with him and civ in all of them.
This is the Champions game. I'm currently trying to try harder. No promises.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:52 am
S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:36 am Lol phone autocorrect ftw "GUT" NOT "BUT" in the first line. Doh.

Suspicion of DH growing. He's refusing to engage with Epi's reasoning and instead just repeating his suspicions.
I have no idea what you always do, but refusing to engage with reasoning isn't consistent with good town olay and thus is suspicious.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:22 pm

I have no idea what you always do, but refusing to engage with reasoning isn't consistent with good town olay and thus is suspicious.
What reasoning? I'm fine with reasoning. Poor reasoning, suspicious reasoning, inaccurate or incomplete reasoning, these are a few of my least favorite things.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Please remember that night actions are due 2 hours before night end. That's approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes from now. Let us know if you have any questions.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

To put it another, another way:

If Epi and Chuck were concerned for Sprityo, whom they claim they think is civ and wanted to protect and whatnot or whatever, Why would both of them turn on Quin, Epi out of the blue nowhere when he had a stronger suspicion of Chuck and very little suspicion of Quin, and Chuck after asserting that Quin was "Green" on his silly silly, completely pointless and irrelevant and useless rainbow list when Sprityo, their town-read, voted for me? I was "yellow" for Chuck and Epi quite obviously has no issue fabricating a suspicion out of thin air to fit his vote, so why Quin and not the guy your town-read-must-save Sprityo voted for?

How's that for reasoning? Where does that click? What?

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:20 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Put another way why did you feel more comfortable following Epi into a Quin vote when you could have just as easily suggested he vote with you, for me, someone that was "yellow" on your list. Instead the two of you voted for a "mild" "green" suspect.
I didn't. I would have been more comfortable if we'd voted for you in first place.

But I didn't have time to poll Epi on his options and desires to compare notes, because I realized the deadline too late.
And it wouldn't have been a whole lot more comfortable, as going from the lightest of townreads to a null read on D1 isn't a big jump.
And also only beating out Sprityo by one vote isn't super comfortable (vote manipulating roles), making Quin a better option.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

"Hey Epi lets vote for DH he already has a vote so if we both do it he'll have 3 and Sprityo will be fine or at least better off than he would be"
"OK sounds good Chuck, apologies to DH if he didn't send in a haiku but if he did he'll be fine anyway."

That took 2 seconds.

ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:25 pm

What reasoning? I'm fine with reasoning. Poor reasoning, suspicious reasoning, inaccurate or incomplete reasoning, these are a few of my least favorite things.
The reasoning that he wasn't sure if the lynch would cascade down so he wanted to put as many people between Sprit and the lead as he could. I haven't seen you engage that logic at all.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:43 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:25 pm

The reasoning that he wasn't sure if the lynch would cascade down so he wanted to put as many people between Sprit and the lead as he could. I haven't seen you engage that logic at all.
Read my posts then. :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:32 pm To put it another, another way:

If Epi and Chuck were concerned for Sprityo, whom they claim they think is civ and wanted to protect and whatnot or whatever, Why would both of them turn on Quin, Epi out of the blue nowhere when he had a stronger suspicion of Chuck and very little suspicion of Quin, and Chuck after asserting that Quin was "Green" on his silly silly, completely pointless and irrelevant and useless rainbow list when Sprityo, their town-read, voted for me? I was "yellow" for Chuck and Epi quite obviously has no issue fabricating a suspicion out of thin air to fit his vote, so why Quin and not the guy your town-read-must-save Sprityo voted for?

How's that for reasoning? Where does that click? What?
This, however, *does* address the logic. That's all I wanted.

Linki: your recent couple of posts do engage the logic. Suspicions subsiding.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:32 am FWIW I thought it was pretty dang clear that the haiku protection meant that there would be no lynch, not that whomever got protected would pass the lynch on to the next (potentially protected) person. So shifting votes around made no sense to me in that context. A futile gesture.
DOESNT ANYONE NOTICE THIS?!? I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

As a side note what is the point of a rainbow list when you're just going to vote for someone you put in "green" when someone you have in "yellow" (IIRC far down the list in yellow which is I guess SUPPOSED to mean more suspicious, color aside) already has a vote and would be much easier to justify voting for if all you really wanted was to protect someone you also thought was civ or whatever?

Speedchuck ignored his rainbow list because he doesn't care about it, it's not real, he doesn't actually trust or suspect anyone he put on that list in any color, he just wanted to look productive and he is bad.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 pm guys. epi didn't want sprityo to get lynched. because sprityo is a civilian. this is not fucking complicated
"Sprityo is a civilian"

Don't you mean "Epi thought sprityo was a civilian"?

:eye:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Golden »

Please remember to make sure both hosts are copied in to your night PM.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm Speedchuck ignored his rainbow list because he doesn't care about it, it's not real, he doesn't actually trust or suspect anyone he put on that list in any color, he just wanted to look productive and he is bad.
Kay.

So, if I'm bad, what is my logic behind anything I've done this dayphase? Just saying that it doesn't hold town logic is bad. Where is the scum logic?
"Wanted to look productive."
Psh. I'm pretty good at blending when bad. Let me give you some meta context.

I just got out of two scum games and a town game. MK, LOTR, and Buffy.

Scum: I survived in MK until I alignment claimed, with only Mac and maybe Dunya voicing suspicion along the way. Nothing gained any traction. I survived in LOTR by making posts, giving effort, and laying low. Typical scum games for me. Clean, smart, calculated (except for the alignment claim. Don't ask.)

Town: I survived in Buffy as town because my D1 play was crappy and my BTSC partner wasted his role protecting me. Then I gambited in order not to be lynched, despite having a lynchproof I forgot about, got lynched anyway and survived. I then vigged two townies, wrote off the ENTIRE EFFING SCUMTEAM as town, and lost the game, despite having gut scumreads on some of the baddies in early game. It was a crapshoot, and I made some weird choices, especially in the early days.

Tell me, which one of these recent games more matches my behavior in this game?

If you think I'm good enough to calculate my horrendous town game and put on an act, then i thank you for the compliment. But I LIKE having little suspicion. I LIKE playing scum games and being the supahtown smart guy. I LIKE being on top of things. But I'm not a good enough hunter to do that as town.

You can hate self-calls to meta if you want, but the fact of the matter is: if I were scum, I'd have an inkling of an idea what I'm doing.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:46 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:32 am FWIW I thought it was pretty dang clear that the haiku protection meant that there would be no lynch, not that whomever got protected would pass the lynch on to the next (potentially protected) person. So shifting votes around made no sense to me in that context. A futile gesture.
You are telling me that the EoD1 thing gives us an easy lynch on both Epi and Speed and my brain is filtering that and sending it to the same pile where it puts unicorns, Santa Claus and the invisible hand of the market, namely the pile for things that don't exist.

Easy lynches don't exist, and Epi and Speed's reasoning is logical, and may or civ or mafia motivated.

Granted I'm still feeling bad about Speedchuck, gut-wise.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:11 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm Speedchuck ignored his rainbow list because he doesn't care about it, it's not real, he doesn't actually trust or suspect anyone he put on that list in any color, he just wanted to look productive and he is bad.
Kay.

So, if I'm bad, what is my logic behind anything I've done this dayphase? Just saying that it doesn't hold town logic is bad. Where is the scum logic?
"Wanted to look productive."
Psh. I'm pretty good at blending when bad. Let me give you some meta context.

I just got out of two scum games and a town game. MK, LOTR, and Buffy.

Scum: I survived in MK until I alignment claimed, with only Mac and maybe Dunya voicing suspicion along the way. Nothing gained any traction. I survived in LOTR by making posts, giving effort, and laying low. Typical scum games for me. Clean, smart, calculated (except for the alignment claim. Don't ask.)

Town: I survived in Buffy as town because my D1 play was crappy and my BTSC partner wasted his role protecting me. Then I gambited in order not to be lynched, despite having a lynchproof I forgot about, got lynched anyway and survived. I then vigged two townies, wrote off the ENTIRE EFFING SCUMTEAM as town, and lost the game, despite having gut scumreads on some of the baddies in early game. It was a crapshoot, and I made some weird choices, especially in the early days.

Tell me, which one of these recent games more matches my behavior in this game?

If you think I'm good enough to calculate my horrendous town game and put on an act, then i thank you for the compliment. But I LIKE having little suspicion. I LIKE playing scum games and being the supahtown smart guy. I LIKE being on top of things. But I'm not a good enough hunter to do that as town.

You can hate self-calls to meta if you want, but the fact of the matter is: if I were scum, I'd have an inkling of an idea what I'm doing.
I could give a rats ass about a different game, role, and affiliation.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:14 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:11 pm You can hate self-calls to meta if you want, but the fact of the matter is: if I were scum, I'd have an inkling of an idea what I'm doing.
I could give a rats ass about a different game, role, and affiliation.
Well, I did allow for this. :shrug2:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:46 pm
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

SVS
Epi
Speedchuck

Long Con

Town:
Epi and speedchuck

Explain your issue because I’m not seeing it.

What I was saying was everybody actively participating hasn’t given me a bad feeling. And what with all the he talk about how you guys jumped to quin was what the “issue” is. Now I don’t see it as something major, more minor really. But I would still consider you and Epi as town thus far.

I’m not sure if that’s the response you’re looking for
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 pm Explain your issue because I’m not seeing it.

What I was saying was everybody actively participating hasn’t given me a bad feeling. And what with all the he talk about how you guys jumped to quin was what the “issue” is. Now I don’t see it as something major, more minor really. But I would still consider you and Epi as town thus far.

I’m not sure if that’s the response you’re looking for
It was.

I just wanted some clarification on what you meant by 'issue'
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 120

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:58 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 pm guys. epi didn't want sprityo to get lynched. because sprityo is a civilian. this is not fucking complicated
"Sprityo is a civilian"

No. sprityo is a civilian.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:14 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:58 pm
"Sprityo is a civilian"

No. sprityo is a civilian.
I guess that's one way to avoid TMI. Double down. :biggrin:

Are you certain?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

And by that, I mean, gimme a percentage.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 120

Post by nutella »

Nah I just really really think he's town for mostly the same reasons Epi does. I'd give it like 90%.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:22 pm Nah I just really really think he's town for mostly the same reasons Epi does. I'd give it like 90%.
Awww. :puppy:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Here his probability of being Mafia is the same as anyone elses.
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:44 pm yeah I mean I didn't mean it really literally/mathematically, since we can't really know who didn't send in a haiku (so far we just know sprityo didn't, but like... his individual probability of being mafia is the same as anyone else's)
And here (two posts in a row since she didn't quote me, she now thinks his posts are civ.

S~V~S wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:08 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:02 pm nah man I just think it's pretty unlikely. if you think sprityo is bad go for it, but I don't think he is, and I don't think anyone else is vulnerable :shrug:
You don't think he is because of the odds, or because of his posts? What do you think of his posts?

nutella wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:18 pm his posts look civ to me :shrug:
I actually feel better about Sprit overall, but worse about Nutella. She just slipped away from DDL's point, and put a surety as an opinion. Who knows who is civ? Baddies. BUT we don't know how many baddies there are, so I would assume they do not either unless it is one very big bad team, then they might know.

I don't know how I feel about this. I am going to reread this thread in case it goes away with the night post.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”