Total votes: 4
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 1

Post by Sloonei »

ISOing INH
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:27 am One thing that I'm worried about is the whole Haiku protection thing. Unfortunately, we don't know who did or did not send in a haiku, and people have an incentive to lie about doing so in order to protect themselves.

This could potentially lead to an even more lackadaisical and pointless Day 1 than usual, where not only does everyone not know who the hell is scum, but we also don't even know who we can actually lynch.
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:34 am Also, I'm assuming the two tribes will merge on Day 6, when Cbob/Charlie dies/reincarnates.
I latched onto these posts to kick off discussion. Now that we're 3 days in I can comfortably say that I don't actually object to this stuff. INH was trying to get a conversation going about the rules we are to live by in this game. I picked him as my target to drag through the mud because A) he was here, thus he was someone who could produce some content, and B) sometimes another person will come along and seize onto a bullshit case like this early in a game and try to run with it beyond its worth. That didn't happen here.

The rest of his Day 1 interactions where he got increasingly annoyed with me register as sincere. :p
insertnamehere wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:16 pm In terms of voting, I wouldn't be against going the Scotty route and voting for JoH. This is the Game of friggin' Champions. Champions, at the very least, show up.
I don't like the strategy of defaulting to the lowest poster on Day 1, but it's well-documented that INH and I don't have the same approach on Day 1. I do not love this, but I do not necessarily scum read him for it.

Then he became insane. He gave this explanation of his sig vote once the day had ended:
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:51 pm Quick non-insanified explanation of my Sig vote yesterday.

I didn't like his statements on the haiku situation, it kinda felt like covering for possible liars.

I sided with Boomslang on the whole 70% comment. Thought it was weird, and didn't like how people jumped to sig's defense and attacked Boomslang simply for pointing it out.

Then there's his flippity floppity treatment of Sloonei which just felt disingenuous. TBH, I might end up voting for him again today.
I like this vote better than his Day 1 vote. It meshes with my own thoughts on sig, though I've been going back and forth on whether or not to actually be suspicious of sig for these things. In the absence of better suspects, he still strikes me as a decentish lynch, though I'm not really satisfied with any of our cases yet, and getting a peek at the other tribe's thread has made me envious.
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:05 pm People I'm looking at today, in no particular order:

Sig - Same reasons as yesterday. May vote for him.
Daisy - Not really done much other than go after Boomslang for kinda flimsy reasons and randomly vote for Wilgy. May vote for her.
Kyle - I suck at reading him, so I'm kinda fighting my instincts on this one, but I really didn't like his overreaction to the perceived overreaction of Boomslang's 70% comment. Not gonna vote for him today due to insanification.
Scotty - The Lorab thing is weak sauce. I myself sometimes struggle with having solid reads, and can be hella reticent to concretely voice my opinions, so Lorab is reading as a town-read to me. Scotty sure is posting a bunch, but I'm not really sure what all he's saying. Plus, he hasn't yet posted a Survivor Mafia 2 in The Drawing Board forum. We should lynch him solely for that. May vote for him.
Wilgy - Good ol' unreadable clusterfuck-y wiggly Wilgy. I appreciate his defense of me against Sloonei's nonsense, but he's still one big question mark to me, way more than perhaps any other player. Probably won't vote for him.
Nijuu - Like his Sig vote, but still a bit of a blank read. I know that this is WIFOM soup, but considering that it appears that mafia remain mafia after losing a life, I can't help but wonder if they'd NK one of their own early on just to muddy up the waters. It's a dumb reason to suspect Nijuu, as I'm well aware, but it's why I can't really loosen up and townread him. Probably won't vote for him.
This post is helpful in terms of reading INH. It doesn't particularly move the game forward on its own, though. How are these reads developing, INH? Anything changed? Anybody move off or on this list? because, you know, so much has happened.

Slight town read on INH overall. Nothing really raises alarms here. The only slight ping was his Day 1 vote for Jack but that's very slight. Not enough content to call him a strong town read though.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 3

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:07 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:22 pm First thing is first. I think the silencer is amongst those who asked me for a response on my civ JoH read.
why?
Because it makes sense to hit someone with a silence when there information is trying to be gained. Asking to further gain the information and for me to not deliver would put a negative on me. All in all, it makes me think I was right about both JoH and Bloops though.

What do you think?
My take on it was that your silencing could be indicative of a civilian silencer. Meaning no offense at all, but you've been one of the quieter players in our tribe thus far, so it doesn't immediately make sense that you'd be the first one picked out for silencing. Your theory could have merit. I didn't give any consideration to it. Or it could be that you were picked as misdirection. we're all wondering why you were silenced, if your silencing was legit or whether you were faking it, etc.. If the baddies have a silencer, these sorts of questions could have been anticipated.

who are the players that asked you for clarification?
@Sloonei, is there any player on their side that you wpould hope to see lynched? Can you call anyone over there a supatown?
I would prefer to keep those reads to myself for now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Night will end at approximately 5:58 pm eastern standard time today which means pms are due in to me and Golden by 3:58 pm eastern standard time. Also please remember this rule:

4) You may not target someone on two consecutive nights unless your role says otherwise. Some roles will have their targets randomised if you do not send a PM, so if you want to make a tactical choice not to use your night power, please PM the host to check first. All targeting roles need to send a PM to both golden and juliets at least two hours before deadline.

I really don't want to be running randomizations and I know you probably don't want your abilities randomized so please get those pms in on time. Thanks in advance and let us know if you have any questions.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 pm They aren't aware that their lynches are overriding ours.
:ponder:
I'm assuming they're not getting NK'd then either, and just hearing about ours?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:05 pm DharmaHelper's gonna fight us. He doesn't care, he'll do it!
lol how many times has he used that Negan meme? Over / under 5?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:18 pmIn regards to LoRab, I don't know. Before yesterday I held her in a bucket of players that seemed floaty. She was supposed to receive my vote, but now I think she's one of my top civ reads.
help me to understand why
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:18 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:25 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:19 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:22 pm First thing is first. I think the silencer is amongst those who asked me for a response on my civ JoH read.

2nd thing 2nd. JoH is civilian because of his interactions with bloop day one. I don't think mafia JoH would be on a team that NK'd a civilian bloop. It is plausible if they are on the same team, but I doknt think bloop is bad.

Daisy. Come at me. Fight Me! I love you. Fiiiiight meeee.

I vote for me DrWoogy.
Welcome back to absentee land.

What do you think of me and Sloonei?

Also why didn’t you vote for someone else in the thread after it was all but assumed you were silenced? What good is a self vote at that point? Makes me really not buy the whole silent routine..
Sloonei is bad still and you are... here. Idk haven't really saw anything that made me attracted tok you... except that sweet ass... But that's a matter for another time.

I was going to vote LoRab, but wasn't here unfortunately.

Why the hell would I fake silencing? Would that gain me anything if I was taking silence as a civ or baddie?
That’s the whimsical Wilgy I remember.

Why were you leaning LoRab in particular? I think I did see you vote that way originally. So you’re saying you were away basically the last 24 hours and that’s why you didn’t change your vote?

Mmk, I can believe that.

RE: faking silencing- I’ve seen odder strategies out there. I had a game on another site where I was the silencer and chose to “silence” myself because I wanted heat off my back.

I dunno, I’m actially feeling better about you Wilgy. Can’t put my finger on it though.
In regards to LoRab, I don't know. Before yesterday I held her in a bucket of players that seemed floaty. She was supposed to receive my vote, but now I think she's one of my top civ reads.

Scotty I need to reread your posts. I no longer feel good about you. You've seen order strategies, but if you can't name what I was trying to gain from taking a silence it just doesn't make sense.

Are you backtracking?
Go ahead and reread my posts. I've been talking pretty much off the cuff this game as thoughts pop into my head. I imagine someone a little less reserved on posting drivel like Spacedaisy thinks I'm a jack russell or some shit.

I don't know what order strategies are. I don't know what you specifically would be gaining from faking a silence. That had me scratching my chest. If you do end up rereading my posts, I moved on with the crowd however, going to LoRab and then sig because tbh you all were in the same caste of ??? not really civ-looking persons based on a) lack of content-worthy posts and b) general question marks.

I like your comeback in the thread however, and as I've said, I don't think you were faking. Leaning more civ on you today.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ISOing Kyle.

I have some concerns. First, he's been puking his brains out lately:
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 pm Um... I've been throwing up all day and thought the thing ended later.

I don't have time to read, please tell me the cases on sig and jack
That's a fair excuse to be behind on the action. I don't hold this against him. However, this is Kyle's 11th post in the game. He'd been present and active for more than 24 hours prior to this. In those 10 previous posts, I see no effort on kyle's part to kickstart any scum hunting, or even to contribute to anything that was ongoing. He was a passive player out of the gate. I'm not a big fan of that. Like INH, he was throwing out little observations about potential game mechanics. Not necessarily a bad thing, but kyle's not INH. I've taken him to be a player who's willing to get his hands dirty on Day 1, and his mechanic commentary seemed less direct or stimulating than INH's.
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:25 pm
Boomslang wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:48 pm
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm Plus I'm about 70% sure I submitted a haiku and it's very disappointing nobody followed up and answered when I asked if they did.
Ok, what's this "70% sure" crap? You either did or you didn't, and you should be able to check your PMs to verify either way. Also, I must not count as anybody, because I definitely responded in the affirmative about the haiku.
do you suspect sig for the percentile thing? Is there a nefarious reason for using percentages instead of just checking his PMs or just lying about it?
Kyle was the primary opponent to Boomslang's "70%" gripe. Scotty and I have both expressed disapproval of this. Granted, I'm still not entirely sure how to feel about Scotty given his first role. But this is exactly the kind of thing I could see an opportunistic baddie latching onto.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:59 pm
sig wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:13 pm Also perhaps lynched players move to the other thread? That would be a cool concept.
if this we're true we'd be hanging out with quin right now, right?
No. He survived the lynch.
Got any juicy reads to share?
gimme a minute I just woke up. I wanna do isos, any suggestions?
Defers to Captain Sloonbeard for direction. Always a good decision, but reflects a somewhat passive attitude. But he did follow up with ISOs. Let's take a look at those:
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:24 pm sig seems.... well he doesn't seem too bad but he doesn't seem good either. his posts in aggregate show a progression of thought that I think looks like it could legit. 2 hangups, I don't fully understand his vote-for-self gambit, and what he expected to get out of it.

I also didn't like this
sig wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:43 pmI just ISO'd Kyle I'm not very impressed he hasn't posted much yet, but what he has posted seems blendy. He also voted for Ninja when we had two close wagons which I disliked.
based on the fact that the existence of my food poisoning would have been a thing he would have learned of during his iso of me, and my explanation that eased this suspicion was a rehashing of things I'd already explained.
Any other player and I'd be sirengifing all over this post. But kyle's posts tend to have a stream-of-consciousness element to them, and sometimes that means he makes lots of waffles. THAT SAID, if this post constitutes Kyle's sig ISO then it's not very thorough and kind of listless.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:58 pm boomslang has relatively fewer posts, though they're longer and contain a decent amount of reads. biggest complaint? I don't like the fixation on the 70% thing re: sig, and this post looks weird to me:
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm Plus I'm about 70% sure I submitted a haiku and it's very disappointing nobody followed up and answered when I asked if they did.
Ok, what's this "70% sure" crap? You either did or you didn't, and you should be able to check your PMs to verify either way. Also, I must not count as anybody, because I definitely responded in the affirmative about the haiku.
the emotions represented in this post don't make sense to me in response to the post they're in response to.
This post is more critical and less thorough than the sig post above. He observes that Boomslang has provided his share of content, but only makes the lone observation about the 70% thing. I don't love this.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:40 pm I actually don't see the comparison between this lorab and fiddler lorab? early game fiddler lorab at least one announced intentions and thoughts on relevant players, even if they weren't strong, meanwhile here she's not actually pushed any topics at all and her vote was for Sloonei for peer pressuring her? like for sure I am not saying that her posts here are the ingredients of a civ, but fiddler lorab (mafia) put effort into making it seem like she cared about the roof
This'll be an interesting post to look at if/when we get information on either LoRab or Kyle. Could see this as early defense. Or scum kyle wanting to defend a player he knows is town. Or town kyle wanting to defend a player he thinks is town. I'd like to know more about kyle's read on LoRab either way.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:30 pm I didn't know Wilgy was in our tribe???
I don't think wilgy and kyle are partners.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:48 pm vote boomslang aubergine
Votes for boomslang despite niju telling us the 70% thing was in line with real-life Boomslang. Meh.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:02 pm
Um, yes? That was exactly what I expected when I asked "Anyone else willing to make that claim?"
you expected anyone, regardless of alignment, to tell the truth about whether they were lynchable on day one of the Game of Champions?
I don't think "forethought" comes into it. We weren't told that haiku gave the lynch-immunity advantage before the game, so if somebody didn't send one in, they could easily have an "oh shit" moment.
we were told that the haiku would have a benefit, the specifics aren't important. the options were to construct a sentence in 5-7-5 format or miss out on the advantage even if it were something insignificant, making a haiku is not a challenge. I just like.... can't imagine a person gleefully saying "hey I'm lynchable" civ or mafia?
Boomslang wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:30 pm I didn't know Wilgy was in our tribe???
Have you been paying more attention to the thread or to baddie BTSC?
implying that dr. wilgy has had a very strong thread presence in this game? he's made 12 posts.

is this an accusation?
This isn't a totally unfair point, but I'm still not sure I love it, especially in light of blooper's revelation.
Kylemii wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:19 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:34 am i was like just going to ask kyle for a list of GTH reads. I don't think that would work now.
this aint scaffolding King of Town rodeo, Shouter B)

boomslang target boomslang bad boomslang bad

DrWilgy good S~V~S good arr! good

insertnamehere Catherine Martell? inh good? ing good?

JackofHearts2005 suspicious hylotheism good jack good

Kylemii good Folding Raincoat good kyle good

LoRab bad? Emperor Dalek bad? lorab bad?

Marmot delusory? marmot bad? marmot bad?

Nijuukyugou White Rabbit Nijuukyugou Mafia Nijuukyugou good

Scotty good Acolyte of Death good scotty premonstration Diabolic Manipulator sig words rapparee bad

Sloonei good sloonei sugarplum sloonei good

Spacedaisy
good spadecaisy Moving PIctures spacesdaisy good
List of GTH reads while insanified. His scum reads seem to be Boomslang, LoRab, Marmot, and sig. I'd like to hear more about these folks now that Kyle can actually talk.
Kylemii wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:18 pm
Boomslang wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:40 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:20 pm idk, i've voting for boomslang. he's my bishopdom toga right now and Buggers have to enthrall to work. i have the next two Spacedaisy off so chorea jaundiced get more time to get porringer hands dirty uncivilized

aubergine vote boomslang
Well, this is helpful. I love that you've posted roughly as much while insanified as during the previous two day/night periods combined... I also have trouble seeing this vote is anything other than a "NO U" after I called you out about the Wilgy thing.

linki: Would love to volunteer, but leaving for the evening pretty soon. Don't want another situation like that Scotty called me out for earlier :P
ok first of all, what are you talking about? I suspected you long before your comment about my comment about wilgy.

second of all, my comment was a genuine notification of surprise. I was surprised to find wilgy's name on the player list cus I didn't have any passive memory of anything he's said or done in this game or anything that had been said or done about him.

I don't like letting people are allowed to exist in that space, when shit gets down to brass tacks and theres multiple players who are just.... implacable. it's dangerous. Wilgy is oftentimes one of those players.
He's right to say that Boomslang's interpretation of his vote as a "NO U". But I'm wary of people who suspect Drwilgy for being Drwilgy.

Kyle's a slight scum read. Nothing leaps out as overwhelmingly positive in his favor. There's enough substance here, but I'm not sure I agree with all of it, and there's more questions than answers.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:18 pm They aren't aware that their lynches are overriding ours.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:05 pm DharmaHelper's gonna fight us. He doesn't care, he'll do it!
They think they are seeing our nightkills and we are seeing theirs. They think player deaths are being kept secret.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab:
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:06 pm How about a real, sort of substantiated case?
sig wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:15 pm
sig wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:45 pm This tribe cannot win. We do not have JaggedJimmyJay, there's no use trying.

hmmmm a defeatist attitude you must be mafia. :srsnod:
Opportunistic reaching. Must be town.
:hug:
sig appeared to be trying to initiate some gameplay, but this was where his prod of me led. Nothing really came out of this, so it feels like a hollow post.
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:03 pm [VOTE: sig] aubergine
No bad sloonie bad boy no treats for you.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:36 pm Sig has 6 posts, but outside of an empty mudfling in my direction none of them have really contributed much.
It's day one, I don't have much to say. :shrug:
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:40 pm [VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine

@sig what do you think of my vote?
I think it was odd, I don't see your case on INH and I'd rather not lynch him day 1. I also kind off agree most of the time day 1 is a shot in the dark.
Slaps me on the wrist for voting him. Okay. Shrugs about the lack of content on Day 1. Okay. Calls my attempts to generate content "odd". This is where I raise my eyebrows at sig. we're in a game that is moving painfully slow. I'm trying to breathe some life into it, and when I tried to get sig involved he threw a tiny bit of shade for doing so. The rest of his answer amounts to another shrug. I don't love this post on its own, but it looks even worse in conjunction with this post:
sig wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:52 pm I do like that Sloonie is posting and trying to get people talking, but as of right now I just don't think there's much to talk about. However, I'd put him down as a light civ read.
Sig observes that I'm "trying to get people talking", despite having just critiqued my "case" as "odd" a minute earlier. what is odd about it? I'm clearly just trying to get you to talk, sig. If this is a good thing, and a thing you can recognize that I am doing, and which I have a reputation for doing, why did you also dismiss my first efforts as "odd"? :smoky:
This is so full of switcheroo that it almost becomes a WIFOM post.
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:45 pm I meant that it's such a Switcheroo that it can't possibly be that a baddie would do that. But, then would they because everyone would think they wouldn't...
Drinks both glasses of wine when I presented a Day 1 case on sig. I'm not sure what this post accomplishes, or which way LoRab is leaning. I don't love it
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone.
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 pm
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone.
Vote Boomslang.
I don't like peer pressure.
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:45 pm [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Because peer pressure and grasping at all the straws to find day 1 suspects. And because I have to vote somewhere.
Fairly weak progression at the end of Day 1. She laments that she has no suspects, I present a suspect, she votes for me, a player who was not in danger of being lynched at all. Not a fan.
LoRab wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:23 pm
sig wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:12 pmthe Slang?
Boomslang
I don't think boomslang would kill ninja on night 1.
Gives a substantial reason to town read Boomslang. This isn't bad. Unless Boomslang is bad.
LoRab wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:13 pm
Boomslang wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:44 pm
I also have an eyeball on Lorab right now. "Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone" at the end of Day 1 is so noncommittal, then she votes Sloonei for "peer pressure" and the active voices in the thread don't really get on her for that lack of reasoning. She then jumps in, first post of Day 2, to begin the WIFOM about me and the Blooper kill.
And to the other posts about me (and votes): I didn't suspect anyone day 1--honestly, I still don't really have any suspects. I didn't particularly like either of the bandwagons, and they both felt like just that, so I didn't want to vote there, because I didn't trust them. I didn't like how Sloonei totally switcherooed on Sig, and how he seemed to be going after every name that came up--it seemed opportunistic. Was it enough for a vote later in the game? No. But I had to vote somewhere, and it raised my eyebrow enough that I voted there.

Day 2, you were being discussed, and I thought I'd raise that point, which hadn't yet been mentioned.

I guess I can see how those things might seem suspicious, but I'm not bad.

Also, throwing out there: tomorrow night begins the Jewish holiday in which we cosplay while eating cookies and getting drunk (yes, that really is the holiday--we also have a carnival for it). Which is much fun, but much work. And our synagogue has 3 different celebrations for it, over the next several days. I also have jury duty on Thursday. So, my time will be wonky over the next 5 days. Just giving fair warning.
I don't object to this post. I disagree with her reason for voting me, but I don't suspect her for it. She's not alone in feeling a lack of suspects, and she's got things that are distracting her from this game. Fair. But it doesn't tell me anything about her alignment.

And there's really not much else here. I can do very little to read LoRab. She's a suspect by default. If she can get in here and start developing reads soon, that'd be swell.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I figure I might as well do GTH reads with brief explanations on everyone in the game to organize my thoughts better since I'm vacillating on some people. This is mostly for myself but I'll give you my headspace.

Boomslang: GOOD
Hmm but why? I haven't really talked about Boom at all this game, which in and of itself is odd for me. Maybe I'll examine him further next with a critical eye.

Wilgy: GOOD
I just talked about my evolving thoughts with him and like his energy coming back into the thread tonight

INH: BAD
Disengaged this entire game. The only real pulse I sense from him is his brief reads of everyone yesterday. He seems pretty non-committal on many of his reads there.

joh: GOOD
Strong attempt to get involved in the first few days. Though now he's sagged down of late without getting too involved. I'd read him closer to NULL right now however- he could have been building some cred with aggressive play in the beginning and thinks it's good enough to stand back from for a while so we forget him. Don't know if that's a civ or mafia mindset.

Kyle: BAD
Closer to NULL. Up until yesterday I didn't have the best feelings of him because of his fixation with being insanified. But the more I think about it, I would also be pissed being insanified. I think he looks better because he hasn't explicitly aligned with my thoughts this game :noble:

LoRab: BAD
I've explained my notions with her. Amounting some of it to her RL busy-ness but knowing that she is reading the thread without making any definable reads on anyone. I still think she is baddie #1, until she gives me reason not to think that.

Marmot: GOOD
This has progressed from bad to good since the beginning. It might just be the engagement = better look but he definitely is getting in the fray in recent days and I like that.

Ninja: GOOD
I doubt she came into a mafia role. Her participation hasn't been extremely stellar, her activity hasn't changed from Role 1 to Role 2. Even if she did roll bad, someone still killed her first role so I'd like to find that person first.

sig: BAD
sig to me reads as bad because it's sig. He's so good at looking bad when he's good and bad when he's bad. It's not just the oddness of his posts or thought progression, but his lack of interest in the game is pinging me. He wanted to take a "laid back" approach, but so many of his explanations don't make sense. He says his internet was out for the 2nd half of Day 3 so he didn't post. He keeps using the word "mean" in what appears to be a sincere way like a 6 year old that won't get to juggle knives because he's not supposed to. He's reading more like Wilgy usually reads to me in terms of lackadaisical moments. There's no sense of urgency, even when he's under fire. It's very shruggy. I could go on.

Sloonei: GOOD
Besides my first trepidation with him at the beginning, he's the manager of the thread. I'm not deferring to him by any means, but he's engaging with people and getting the game going. I don't have any reason to read him as bad right now. He does tend to gather a following and trust though, so I would caution not to be blind.

Spacedaisy: BAD
So here's the rub: SD doesn't post much but when she does, it has a clear viewpoint and you can see her thoughts well. I'm not harping on her lack of posts. BUT
I could easily call her posts as safe, which pulls a red flag for me. She essentially buddies up to Sloonei (in a similar way that Sloonei looks at her as good because he admitted he's thinking along the same lines as her) and when she takes her own viewpoint, it's been latching on to one person. On Day 1, it was Boomslang. Then she echoed Kyle's reaction to Boom's reaction on sig's 70% thing to throw into the mix. But she ultimately votes Wilgy, picking a bit of a bad game and laying a pipe on him and going away for a while. On Day 3, she comes in to do a continuation vote on Wilgy, if I recall, instead of even commenting on the sig train, who had 4 votes. She essentially made it 4-3 sig-wilgy. It's a safe vote since she already voted that way. She does complete a puzzle, and then immediately nominate Sloonei out the gate (another buddying thing). Deferring to someone else and laying trust in other people seems too nice. Too nice in this game and appeasing is a giant red flag on the beach and that means rip tide.

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 3

Post by Scotty »

Looking at Boom now to hopefully gain some clarity.

We share similar viewpoints on Day 1 on Sloonei, LoRab and jack. So I was probably projecting a 'yeah I'm right then' kind of selfish attitude. Doesn't necessarily mean he's bad when sharing a viewpoint. He made them his own and he wasn't buddying me.

He even calls me out on Day 2 for what he assumed was my flipflopping on wanting lynches here.
I doubt he would have killed nijuu N1 based on reasons. But as I pointed out, he doesn't have to be the one killing or making that decision if he is on a mafia team. So I don't think that altogether clears him by any means.

Day 3, he takes my opinion on Wilgy possibly faking a silence and agrees with it. At the time, again, I'm like 'yeah I'm right then'. Ah, groupthink. But now looking back, it looks a little jarring.
Therefore, I think a WIlgy lynch would give us good information. Imo, there's a not insignficant chance that he's bad, and if he's not, then I think we get valuable intel about Scotty/Blooper's targeting thoughts.
While true concerning me, I have a lot of targeting thoughts. I'm not sure how I have anything to do with it. Looking back, I'm not even sure if it would give us 'good information'. Wilgy had the fewest posts at the time and hadn't given us much to go on. We might have hit mafia, sure, but it isn't "good information' if it's a mislynch.
Boomslang wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:40 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:20 pm idk, i've voting for boomslang. he's my bishopdom toga right now and Buggers have to enthrall to work. i have the next two Spacedaisy off so chorea jaundiced get more time to get porringer hands dirty uncivilized

aubergine vote boomslang
Well, this is helpful. I love that you've posted roughly as much while insanified as during the previous two day/night periods combined... I also have trouble seeing this vote is anything other than a "NO U" after I called you out about the Wilgy thing.

linki: Would love to volunteer, but leaving for the evening pretty soon. Don't want another situation like that Scotty called me out for earlier :P
I liked bringing attention to kyle's post quantity and quality after being insanified. But this post and his subsequent post:
Boomslang wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:47 pm Well, I'm not going to immediately NO U Kyle's NO U as a matter of principle. Putting a vote on Wilgy; let's see what happens.
vote DrWilgy aubergine
shuck all sense of responsibility and read very weak to me.

Based on Day 3, I'm not so hot on Boomslang any more. He's been echoing a lot of my thoughts but indirectly which is why I probably didn't have him on my radar before.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

New theory: In order to keep the tribes balanxsd the mafia night kill needs target a player from the tribe that that failed to lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Balansxd. Yeah. Balanced.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 44

Post by DrWilgy »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:01 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:18 pmIn regards to LoRab, I don't know. Before yesterday I held her in a bucket of players that seemed floaty. She was supposed to receive my vote, but now I think she's one of my top civ reads.
Nah, you figure it out.

In regards to the people who bugged me about JoH while I was silenced. I feel the worst about Scotty. Followed by Boomslanf and Marmot.

I've been thinking about life and the moral quandaries of the universe and I've hit a point where I'm no longer suspicious of Sloonbread. However, what makes you think that the silencer is a civilian role? Also when would a civilian opt to silence?

I'm also starting to think Bloops 2 may be bad.

Hmmm... Baddies are Scotty, Daisy, and Bloops... and Kyle... fuck you Kyle, you beautiful Frito pie.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:15 pm New theory: In order to keep the tribes balanxsd the mafia night kill needs target a player from the tribe that that failed to lynch.
Hmm maybe!

Was that discussed on Pikachu or something you just thought up?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:15 pm New theory: In order to keep the tribes balanxsd the mafia night kill needs target a player from the tribe that that failed to lynch.
Hmm maybe!

Was that discussed on Pikachu or something you just thought up?
I didn't see anyone mention it there, just a thought I had.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention] I'm considering the possibility of a town silencer because you were the target. A silencer who has town's worst interests in mind would have targeted me or Scotty or someone more loud. But silencer is not a very pro-town role.

Why are you suspicious of blooper?

Another theory for the silencer is they can't silence a person every night. Maybe it's limited shot or even-nights only.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I just had one of those horrifying "what if everyone is a baddie except me and they are all anonymous in their BTSC trying to hunt me down" type of thoughts.

No silencer N1. Bloop dies. Silencer N2 and they target me... seems straightforward to me, but that makes me doubt myself. I also dont have much of an opinion of bloop 2 which tosses an interrobang above my head.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]nijuukyugou[/mention] what are your thoughts on Wilgy and the silencer?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sig »

Marmot's post don't look bad so far, but there seems to be a large amount of fluff, ironic I know. :P
When he does post content it seems to be coming from a civ mindset and he's attempting to make the thread more active.

What does everyone think of Kyle's vote? He avoided both wagons by going for Boomslang, which I could see mafia trying to do if they knew we were both civs to avoid suspicion.

Wilgy seems like his normal self, which I'm liking right now.
Jack is a bit under the radar, but that seems to be because he's busy in RL.

I agree with Scotty on Daisy, but I'd need to buckle down and ISO her for real.
Also people commenting on my posting style, I do want to point out that this is the longest I've survived in a GOC so blah. :meany:

@Sloonie does it seem like the other thread has caught mafia yet?
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:25 pm I just had one of those horrifying "what if everyone is a baddie except me and they are all anonymous in their BTSC trying to hunt me down" type of thoughts.

No silencer N1. Bloop dies. Silencer N2 and they target me... seems straightforward to me, but that makes me doubt myself. I also dont have much of an opinion of bloop 2 which tosses an interrobang above my head.
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:17 pm [quote=Kylemii post_id=417618 time=<a href="tel:1520186481">1520186481</a> user_id=289]
[quote=DrWilgy post_id=417530 time=<a href="tel:1520183908">1520183908</a> user_id=429]In regards to LoRab, I don't know. Before yesterday I held her in a bucket of players that seemed floaty. She was supposed to receive my vote, but now I think she's one of my top civ reads.
[/quote]
Nah, you figure it out.

In regards to the people who bugged me about JoH while I was silenced. I feel the worst about Scotty. Followed by Boomslanf and Marmot.

I've been thinking about life and the moral quandaries of the universe and I've hit a point where I'm no longer suspicious of Sloonbread. However, what makes you think that the silencer is a civilian role? Also when would a civilian opt to silence?

I'm also starting to think Bloops 2 may be bad.

Hmmm... Baddies are Scotty, Daisy, and Bloops... and Kyle... fuck you Kyle, you beautiful Frito pie.
[/quote]
Seems like an opinion to me

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ahhhhh that was hideous

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 pm Marmot's post don't look bad so far, but there seems to be a large amount of fluff, ironic I know. :P
When he does post content it seems to be coming from a civ mindset and he's attempting to make the thread more active.

What does everyone think of Kyle's vote? He avoided both wagons by going for Boomslang, which I could see mafia trying to do if they knew we were both civs to avoid suspicion.

Wilgy seems like his normal self, which I'm liking right now.
Jack is a bit under the radar, but that seems to be because he's busy in RL.

I agree with Scotty on Daisy, but I'd need to buckle down and ISO her for real.
Also people commenting on my posting style, I do want to point out that this is the longest I've survived in a GOC so blah. :meany:

@Sloonie does it seem like the other thread has caught mafia yet?
Well get yourself a bowl of 3 chips and almost sit down because she has less than 20 posts

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:31 pm @nijuukyugou what are your thoughts on Wilgy and the silencer?
More specifically @Nijuukugou can you describe why a silence like this could be a civilian action?
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I glanced at Daisy's posts and it confirmed what I've been feeling about her. The knock against her is the same as it is for lots of others around her (low activity), but she's been focused and on-topic in all of her posts. I don't sense any falseness in her posts and she's clear about her thoughts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lemme just clean out the shmuck...
Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:59 pmSeems like an opinion to me
Perhaps "opinions on what she has stated" is what I should've said.
Image Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:17 pm ISOing Kyle.

I have some concerns. First, he's been puking his brains out lately:
thank you for your concern, I also found the puking to be concerning
That's a fair excuse to be behind on the action. I don't hold this against him. However, this is Kyle's 11th post in the game. He'd been present and active for more than 24 hours prior to this. In those 10 previous posts, I see no effort on kyle's part to kickstart any scum hunting, or even to contribute to anything that was ongoing. He was a passive player out of the gate. I'm not a big fan of that. Like INH, he was throwing out little observations about potential game mechanics. Not necessarily a bad thing, but kyle's not INH. I've taken him to be a player who's willing to get his hands dirty on Day 1, and his mechanic commentary seemed less direct or stimulating than INH's.
okay first of all where in the world did you get this impression? I avoid getting closely involved in the early days because I'm not comfortable with it specifically because I know that early game reads are my dump stat. I stand back and judge others thoughts and cases when they happen but I don't move things on my own. When I do, "fiddler on the roof" happens and I lose focus.

I'm curious where you got the impression of "not afraid to get hands dirty" from
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:25 pm
do you suspect sig for the percentile thing? Is there a nefarious reason for using percentages instead of just checking his PMs or just lying about it?
Kyle was the primary opponent to Boomslang's "70%" gripe. Scotty and I have both expressed disapproval of this. Granted, I'm still not entirely sure how to feel about Scotty given his first role. But this is exactly the kind of thing I could see an opportunistic baddie latching onto.
I still maintain that the emotions represented in that post are not necessary.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:04 pmgimme a minute I just woke up. I wanna do isos, any suggestions?
Defers to Captain Sloonbeard for direction. Always a good decision, but reflects a somewhat passive attitude.
asking you for player suggestions for who to iso was my way of gaining a foothold in the thread re understanding current events. I'd been disengaged because kf work and the aforementioned puking so I wanted
Any other player and I'd be sirengifing all over this post. But kyle's posts tend to have a stream-of-consciousness element to them, and sometimes that means he makes lots of waffles. THAT SAID, if this post constitutes Kyle's sig ISO then it's not very thorough and kind of listless.
my goal wasn't to be comprehensive but to understand why sig was a topic of suspicion so I could increase my level of understanding of current events. the quote I pulled was something that specifically stuck out to me and was not meant to be a comprehensive outlined of Sig's behavior by any means.
This post is more critical and less thorough than the sig post above. He observes that Boomslang has provided his share of content, but only makes the lone observation about the 70% thing. I don't love this.
:/ I have a background in theater so I tend to make note of emotional outbursts and responses that seem to be disproportionate to the stimuli they're in response to. I still don't think boomslang's amount of outrage at sig saying 70% was justified or realistic, if he's known for such things then that's a different thing entirely but it looked bad to me.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:40 pm I actually don't see the comparison between this lorab and fiddler lorab? early game fiddler lorab at least one announced intentions and thoughts on relevant players, even if they weren't strong, meanwhile here she's not actually pushed any topics at all and her vote was for Sloonei for peer pressuring her? like for sure I am not saying that her posts here are the ingredients of a civ, but fiddler lorab (mafia) put effort into making it seem like she cared about the roof
This'll be an interesting post to look at if/when we get information on either LoRab or Kyle. Could see this as early defense. Or scum kyle wanting to defend a player he knows is town. Or town kyle wanting to defend a player he thinks is town. I'd like to know more about kyle's read on LoRab either way.
I actually made this post in response to your statement that lorabs gameplay here was similar to her gameplay in fiddler on the roof. I isoed her posts in this game and also fiddler and compared them and found that I didn't quite agree with the reasoning of your assessment, since fiddler lorab played a more active game than how we've seen goc lorab play. did you get around to looking through her fiddler posts yet?
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:48 pm vote boomslang aubergine
Votes for boomslang despite niju telling us the 70% thing was in line with real-life Boomslang. Meh.
this was already explained but I had to vote early because I had work and I wouldn't be able to access a JavaScript enabled computer before the deadline. I wasn't liking the tone of boomslang's responses so I put my vote on him.
List of GTH reads while insanified. His scum reads seem to be Boomslang, LoRab, Marmot, and sig. I'd like to hear more about these folks now that Kyle can actually talk.
it's on my to do list
He's right to say that Boomslang's interpretation of his vote as a "NO U". But I'm wary of people who suspect Drwilgy for being Drwilgy.
I can't tell if you're referring to me or boomslang's as "suspecting Wilgy for being Wilgy" if you mean me, then that's not the point of what I was saying at all. I don't suspect Wilgy and I don't think he should be lynched. I think what's important is to put players like Wilgy into positions where they have to respond to stuff so eventually when it gets down to the brass tacks we have stuff to base his read on. an endgame with a mysterious Wilgy is less likely to lead to a successful ending than one where he's been talking enough that we know where he stands on things
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:10 pm I glanced at Daisy's posts and it confirmed what I've been feeling about her. The knock against her is the same as it is for lots of others around her (low activity), but she's been focused and on-topic in all of her posts. I don't sense any falseness in her posts and she's clear about her thoughts.
But that’s my point. It has been focused and on-topic but also safe. Like, we’re not catching her in a lie on anything because it’s measured and careful.

That’s what’s bugging me about it.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

@kylemii you have a background in theater? I didn’t know that. Hello, brother! What kind of background?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:10 pm I glanced at Daisy's posts and it confirmed what I've been feeling about her. The knock against her is the same as it is for lots of others around her (low activity), but she's been focused and on-topic in all of her posts. I don't sense any falseness in her posts and she's clear about her thoughts.
But that’s my point. It has been focused and on-topic but also safe. Like, we’re not catching her in a lie on anything because it’s measured and careful.

That’s what’s bugging me about it.
:shrug: I don't share that paranoia but I won't stop you from seeing it through.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:01 pm
Nah, you figure it out.
me guessing why your opinion has changed is less effective than you telling me why it has, so maybe you could do that instead

tell me about your suspicion of daisy, and also kyle

also what is a Frito pie
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:19 pm
They think they are seeing our nightkills and we are seeing theirs. They think player deaths are being kept secret.
So, to clarify, they think that people on their tribe have been nk-ed, but that it's being kept secret? Do they think the players themselves don't know, either? I'm trying to imagine how they would guess that this would work.

Do they know that you're there?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:19 pm
So, to clarify, they think that people on their tribe have been nk-ed, but that it's being kept secret? Do they think the players themselves don't know, either? I'm trying to imagine how they would guess that this would work.

Do they know that you're there?
There has been speculation in a number of directions, but the prevailing theory seems to be that one player from their tribe is being nightkilled and revealed to us, and only the nightkilled player knows they've been killed.

They know I can see them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 pmWhat does everyone think of Kyle's vote? He avoided both wagons by going for Boomslang, which I could see mafia trying to do if they knew we were both civs to avoid suspicion.
I had to vote early, no one had more than one vote at the time so I wasn't able to ensure that my vote would be mathematically useful during that phase by researching the top lynch candidates and deciding which I think is more likely to flip as mafia like I usually prefer to do. It was impossible to ensure my vote would be relevant so I voted for a suspicion instead, Boomslang's was my strongest ping.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:34 pmThey know I can see them.
but you can't talk to them?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:42 pm
The reward is that I can view the thread, not interact with it. I haven't tried to post or asked about it, but I assume the answer would be no.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The other tribe also has two roles that were made public at the start of the day:
One that forces a player each day to post in haiku, and another that gets to post a message to the thread at the start of each day.

I also just had the thought that perhaps our button role realigns the tribes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:42 pm
The reward is that I can view the thread, not interact with it. I haven't tried to post or asked about it, but I assume the answer would be no.
The answer is no. Viewing privileges only.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:12 pm The other tribe also has two roles that were made public at the start of the day:
One that forces a player each day to post in haiku, and another that gets to post a message to the thread at the start of each day.

I like this thought except that what happens when the tribes merge?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Inb4 I’m silenced

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:12 pm The other tribe also has two roles that were made public at the start of the day:

The button will have been squandered.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 73

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:17 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:12 pm

The button will have been squandered.
Or the button merges the tribes. :omg:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:12 pmI also just had the thought that perhaps our button role realigns the tribes.
Plz no.
Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The hired guns of the Citadel Council met once again in the dark of night. So far, the re-animation technology appeared to be going off without a hitch, although there was something a little bit weird about Ninja's jaw, and every now and then Scotty would yell "FREEDOM" for no particular reason. All in all, though, everyone seemed to be doing ok. It didn't hurt so much that someone had taken out Scotty in the dead of the previous night, although perhaps it was a little worrying that they weren't the only ones without an agenda.

Nevertheless, they had clear instructions from the Council. Continue their work. They chose their next target, and pulled the trigger.

Night 3 has ended. JackofHearts2005 has died. He was:
89: Kramer (Seinfeld). You are persuasive at convincing people to do things they shouldn't be doing. Once each night, you will target a player and force them to publicly vote the way of his choosing the next day.

It is now day 4. It will last for 48 hours. Vote away
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 4

Post by nijuukyugou »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:25 pm I just had one of those horrifying "what if everyone is a baddie except me and they are all anonymous in their BTSC trying to hunt me down" type of thoughts.

Errrrrr wait, you think I might be bad but then don’t have an opinion about me, literally like two posts later? That’s a bit...incongruous.

To answer Sloonei’s question, I think Wilgy is throwing poop to see where it sticks. It was a rather short time between suspecting me and then saying he doesn’t know about me, so either he’s lying or really doesn’t know what he wants to say. THIS, my friends, is the definition of floundering. I'm leaning towards the lying at this point, about suspecting me and possibly about being silenced, which goes with my speculation Day 3 that there were too many people being quiet for it to be a silencing sort of deal. *throws gauntlet*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

vote LoRab aubergine

The other tribe is making us look like chumps and there's a reason they keep beating us on the lynch game. If my latest theory about the lynch/nightkill alternating between tribes then I'd like to lynch one of our own so that our top town reads can stop losing their first lives. But if we're going to do that we need to actually reach a consensus. I think I'm developing some town reads, so the POE field is narrowing slowly but surely. So let's get bumpin', bring this place to life. I've hired a DJ to help get us moving. :DJ: Don't let this guy down.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:15 pm

Errrrrr wait, you think I might be bad but then don’t have an opinion about me, literally like two posts later? That’s a bit...incongruous.

To answer Sloonei’s question, I think Wilgy is throwing poop to see where it sticks. It was a rather short time between suspecting me and then saying he doesn’t know about me, so either he’s lying or really doesn’t know what he wants to say. THIS, my friends, is the definition of floundering. I'm leaning towards the lying at this point, about suspecting me and possibly about being silenced, which goes with my speculation Day 3 that there were too many people being quiet for it to be a silencing sort of deal. *throws gauntlet*
wilgy already addressed this a few posts up and I think his explanation looks fine. He suspects you on the premise that you could be the silencer, but he does not have a suspicion that is tied to anything you've done or said in the thread.

Are you the silencer?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:02 pm
nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:15 pm

wilgy already addressed this a few posts up and I think his explanation looks fine. He suspects you on the premise that you could be the silencer, but he does not have a suspicion that is tied to anything you've done or said in the thread.

Are you the silencer?
I, alas, cannot answer that question, per the game’s rules. Argh.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It's a bit mean to literally ask someone to infodump.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sorry, that was not intended as a serious question. what I'm actually trying to get at is niju's thoughts on the silencer, or wilgy's claim of being silenced.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”