Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 4

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:06 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:48 pm @sig why would you vote for me? What caused the flip flop?
What do you think of INH? I feel like he could be bad given how much he's faded the last few days. I know he just started hosting his own game, but he's provided next to nothing since Night 2.
I damn near forgot he was in the game, but I guess that's what my pickle with you earlier was about.

Unsure really. By association with or against (not really sure the best term) Scotty I'd say he's good but I'd need to reread to make an informed read.

You?
What does that even mean? What kind of association with or against INH am I?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:46 pm Two thoughts from reading this last page:
-Either SpaceDaisy is good and is on to something with Wilgy
-Or Wilgy is good and Boom/SD could be a pair (unsubstantiated as of now, just a thought to catalogue for later)
I read wilgy and daisy both as good.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:00 am What have I missed besides dying?

Summary is important and aside from me catching up on my own.
1. We don’t know how to lynch.
2. ???
3. ???
4. Sad DJ is sad

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:46 pm Two thoughts from reading this last page:
-Or Wilgy is good and Boom/SD could be a pair (unsubstantiated as of now, just a thought to catalogue for later)
The thing is, I think one of them is bad and I’m still inclined to think it’s SD even though Wilgy thinks I’m scum.

My opinion of both of them has definitely improved over the past 24 hours though :shrug:

I could vote Boomslang just for shits though.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:39 pm No one’s brought it up yet but the Nutella lynch switcheroo is an interesting detail IMO because it revealed that nijuu’s first role had contact with nutella on the other tribe. Here I thought one of you was the Proton that she had BTSC with. But here we learn that she had direct communication with the other tribe. Granted, she didn’t have any real time to say anything in regards to that since she died N1 and the role with her.

That she had contact with the other tribe makes me initially get suspicious that it is a mafia power. But the duo has negative and positive effects with it, which make me feel like her role before was indie at worst. I can’t see a mafia masonry with any sort of positive effects from their role. Does anyone know of any precedent for a mafia role like that to exist?
They could theoretically send the positive effects to mafia partners. Nutella was one of the players I felt iffy about when I was looking at their thread, but she's been attracting a lot of unfair attention in games lately. Gun to my head, I'd say these are both town roles. It doesn't appear they were allowed to confirm their identities to one another, which would be an odd quirk for mafia partners.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 3

Post by Scotty »

Boomslang wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:55 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:55 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:02 pm I don’t like how quick Sloonei was picked. I mean that strategically speaking.
While I agree that I would have liked to talk about it before just willy nilly throwing votes around, Sloonster already had 2 votes and the longer a person had to spy the better I would say.

I wish we had that enthusiasm for the puzzle solving, but I’m just glad we have something to show for it, and will hopefully reap some sweet sweet intel. I’m assuming key points will be how the other team has voted and if they’re all actually crab people or whatnot
Jack raises a good point, and this response smells fishy to me. Scotty was the one who cast the third vote for Sloonei, so he's directly responsible for that "willy nilly throwing votes around" he's complaining about. He had the chance to talk about it or advise that we talk about it, but he didn't. He then deftly transitions to "I wish we had that enthusiasm for puzzle solving," which aims to give himself civ cred for doing the puzzle.
I haven’t had fish in like 5 days.

I cemented the vote for Sloonei because he already had 2 votes and didn’t want, *cough* no offense Wilgy, but other people to start putting their names in. At that point, I didn’t see a need to “talk about it”. I think Sloonei was a good choice but I also think we didn’t need to already have 3 votes out there without consultation. So yeah, I stand by my vote.

And I will have you know I submitted and finished my segment of the puzzle in less than 10 minutes. Civ cred? More like, uh, enthusiasm for puzzle solving. You see it took us all of the entire Day phase to get 3 volunteers, and yet within 20 minutes of winning the prize, Sloonei had 2 votes.

Your discomfort with this is weak sauce and fake news

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 pm
The thing is, I think one of them is bad and I’m still inclined to think it’s SD even though Wilgy thinks I’m scum.

My opinion of both of them has definitely improved over the past 24 hours though :shrug:

Why do you think that though? I've not seen a single convincing argument against Daisy, and while it's possible either one of them is bad, their dispute has the feel of two civilians to me. I see no reason why that can't be the case.

I'm more open to a wilgy lynch than a daisy lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:55 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:39 pm No one’s brought it up yet but the Nutella lynch switcheroo is an interesting detail IMO because it revealed that nijuu’s first role had contact with nutella on the other tribe. Here I thought one of you was the Proton that she had BTSC with. But here we learn that she had direct communication with the other tribe. Granted, she didn’t have any real time to say anything in regards to that since she died N1 and the role with her.

That she had contact with the other tribe makes me initially get suspicious that it is a mafia power. But the duo has negative and positive effects with it, which make me feel like her role before was indie at worst. I can’t see a mafia masonry with any sort of positive effects from their role. Does anyone know of any precedent for a mafia role like that to exist?
They could theoretically send the positive effects to mafia partners. Nutella was one of the players I felt iffy about when I was looking at their thread, but she's been attracting a lot of unfair attention in games lately. Gun to my head, I'd say these are both town roles. It doesn't appear they were allowed to confirm their identities to one another, which would be an odd quirk for mafia partners.
Yeah I feel like even that is a stretch. Why give it an option in the role description to give potentially positive effects to anyone?

Oh, you mentioned yesterday that you were keeping your opinions on people over there close to your chest. Who else was giving you the heevy Jeevies over there? Was there a consensus townie that you would offer to reveal? Someone you thought was looking scummy?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:58 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Why do you think that though? I've not seen a single convincing argument against Daisy, and while it's possible either one of them is bad, their dispute has the feel of two civilians to me. I see no reason why that can't be the case.

I'm more open to a wilgy lynch than a daisy lynch.
My argument for her is honesty gut and will be hard to prove with evidence because she’s a very focused player as we both agree on.

Wilgy is focused more on the silencing thing and it’s a big ball of moondust revolving around him, whereas Daisy is actively making a case against him. She hasn’t wavered from him for 3 phases now, which in and of itself may mean she’s tunneling as a mafia or she’s really got something as a civ.

So like.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Argh.

I’m goijg back to work. Will be back later. For now:

vote Boomslang aubergine

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I only mentioned my nutella read because it's suddenly relevant to the discussion. I see no benefit to sharing any other reads I developed while I was over there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If INH is silenced I'm fairly comfortable saying we have a civilian silencer who is required to target each night.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I find that I'm not agreeing with a lot of things Boomslang says. Whether that's just because we are taking different approaches to solving the game, or because he's full of shit, I do not know.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 pmThe thing is, I think one of them is bad and I’m still inclined to think it’s SD even though Wilgy thinks I’m scum.
could I ask you to explain your read on space daisy
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 pm If INH is silenced I'm fairly comfortable saying we have a civilian silencer who is required to target each night.
If I'm understanding the rules correctly, any targeting powers that targets aren't chosen for have their targets chosen randomly
Some roles will have their targets randomised if you do not send a PM, so if you want to make a tactical choice not to use your night power, please PM the host to check first.
though I guess the silencer could pm Juliets and Golden and just manually to opt not use their power
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 pm If INH is silenced I'm fairly comfortable saying we have a civilian silencer who is required to target each night.
If I'm understanding the rules correctly, any targeting powers that targets aren't chosen for have their targets chosen randomly
Some roles will have their targets randomised if you do not send a PM, so if you want to make a tactical choice not to use your night power, please PM the host to check first.
though I guess the silencer could pm Juliets and Golden and just manually to opt not use their power
That's what i was referring to. But the potential fact that they've targeted two of the quieter players so far suggests they're civilian and that these choices have been deliberate.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:39 pmI can’t see a mafia masonry with any sort of positive effects from their role. Does anyone know of any precedent for a mafia role like that to exist?
wouldn't a mafia masonry just be a regular mafia?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:30 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:39 pmI can’t see a mafia masonry with any sort of positive effects from their role. Does anyone know of any precedent for a mafia role like that to exist?
wouldn't a mafia masonry just be a regular mafia?
Not necessarily. In this setup we don’t know whether or not mafia can talk across tribes. In one tribe? Yeah, no. That’s why my ears perked up with that reveal.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:18 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 pmThe thing is, I think one of them is bad and I’m still inclined to think it’s SD even though Wilgy thinks I’m scum.
could I ask you to explain your read on space daisy
Dude read my posts. My initial mention of SD (before End of Night) was that she’s latched on to one person at a time this game- her posts have been low quantity but high enough quantity that it’s not inherently suspicious. She’s just been... safe . It’s all a gut feel. I don’t think I’m going to vote for that reason just because like...what if she’s right about Wilgy? Then I’ll be an egg McMuffin.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Aight guys, I looked closer at LoRab. Guess what? I still think she’s a frog.

DAY 1:
LoRab wrote:Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone
LoRab wrote:I have to vote somewhere.
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:44 pm
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 pm
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone.
Vote Boomslang.
I don't like peer pressure.
It would be a tremendously gracious showing on your part if you were to join Daisy and I in solidarity against Boomslang, friend. :hug:
Sorry, friend.
Okokokok so she proceeds to vote Sloonei because he’s grasping at straws even though she says repeatedly that she doesn’t have any ideas. Boom had at least 2 votes on him at the time. But she wouldn’t go along with someone giving her an option because of “peer pressure”?? Woah nelly. That sounds like a cop out 130%.

If Boomslang is bad, which wouldn’t surprise me at this point, then LoRab is his Mike Pence.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty
Jackofhearts
Spacedaisy

Drwilgy
Kylemii
sig
niju
Marmot

INH
LoRab
Boomslang

Still changing my mind left and right and nothing's quite settled, but this is where I'm at right now. Marmot's made a few posts where he looked actively engaged in the thread, but I haven't seen much follow up from him on that. I've calmed down on sig and kyle and can see some earnest thought processes poking through in their posts.
Everyone should be on the table, but I think it's important that we work toward a consensus today. I would like to test my theory about the tribes alternating between lynching and nightkilling. This would require that we actually lynch somebody today. So far we seem to be going toward boomslang and I support that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:34 pm Aight guys, I looked closer at LoRab. Guess what? I still think she’s a frog.

DAY 1:
LoRab wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm Ugh. I have no idea where to vote. I don't actually suspect anyone.
Vote Boomslang.
It would be a tremendously gracious showing on your part if you were to join Daisy and I in solidarity against Boomslang, friend. :hug:
Sorry, friend.
Okokokok so she proceeds to vote Sloonei because he’s grasping at straws even though she says repeatedly that she doesn’t have any ideas. Boom had at least 2 votes on him at the time. But she wouldn’t go along with someone giving her an option because of “peer pressure”?? Woah nelly. That sounds like a cop out 130%.

If Boomslang is bad, which wouldn’t surprise me at this point, then LoRab is his Mike Pence.
I still don't think Boomslang is bad. And I didn't want to vote on a bandwagon, because I didn't suspect the people with multiple votes on them. So, I gave a vote to a player that I had some suspicion of, knowing that they wouldn't likely be lynched with 1 vote. I'm not sure why you see that as suspicious. (other than the fact that you suspect Boomslang)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:54 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:34 pm Aight guys, I looked closer at LoRab. Guess what? I still think she’s a frog.

DAY 1:
Vote Boomslang.
Sorry, friend.

I still don't think Boomslang is bad. And I didn't want to vote on a bandwagon, because I didn't suspect the people with multiple votes on them. So, I gave a vote to a player that I had some suspicion of, knowing that they wouldn't likely be lynched with 1 vote. I'm not sure why you see that as suspicious. (other than the fact that you suspect Boomslang)
What was the basis of your suspicion of me, why have you not mentioned it elsewhere, and why was it preferable to cast a vote that was not going to result in anything happening?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 73

Post by insertnamehere »

Not silenced, and not a fan of the Boomslang wagon.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:38 pm
Not silenced, and not a fan of the Boomslang wagon.
Why not? Who would you prefer?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:46 am I have been doing most of my reading at work, which is why when I post it has more thoughts. I can't post as easily at work. So I know that when I was catching up once Wilgy started talking something he said jumped out at me and immediately made me think, "teammates." But I can't recall off the top of my head. I will need to find it again. I just don't have time tonight.

On another note, I think I was a lot more loud about the fact I didn't like Boomslang jumping on the dumb 70% thing. I get why it doesn't make sense as a statement, but I think Boomslang is a really smart dude. He should have been able to realize, that this statement is not one that logically would say "Baddie." So the fact that he based his vote on that dumb comment is what bothers me. in fact that is what bothers me about Boomslang overall. I have a high amount of respect for his intellect in general. And I struggle to find the logic in his suspicions. This could entirely just be a difference of how we think, that is my only hindrance in this. But I have no qualms about the fact I suspected Boom based on that. I think it's weird no one really talked much about the fact I took this strong stance about it. And even weirder that I don't even remember Kyle having made a big deal of it.

I don't have the immediate feeling of "TOWN" from Kyle that I have in the past, but I haven't had any kind of feel.

At one point in my read through, I had the thought that I believed either Boomslang, Blooper or both were bad but I didn't believe they were both good. I can't recall why now though. Perhaps something to do with how they interacted. I'll have to revisit to figure it out again.

Uh something else, I can't recall. Someone that had listed suspicion of me seemed fake as shit, but now I don't remember which one. Must research to recall.

That's all I can think of tonight. My energy went to researching Wilgy to decide if I was on crack or not regarding my perception of his meta. I decided that I don't think I am. However I will add this caveat. The older games lack this pattern. But I feel like it is present in all the games I checked from 2017 and so far in 2018. I didn't look through all 2016, I noticed the lack of it back in the 2015 games, but we're talking three years ago. I still feel fairly strongly that we are seeing bad Wilgy here. So much so I am willing to toss my vote there right now.

VOTE DrWilgy You asked for an aubergine fiiiiight, and I love you toooo. But I still think you are bad. But I love you, Baddie Badderson. :hugs: :suspish:
Coaching weak suspicions in "you're usually better" nonsensical sentiment. Boomslang is usually smarter (which Daisy and Sloonei seem to define as agreeing with their suspicions instead of having their own opinions) and DrWilgy is, I guess, more gimmick-y? The only thing from Wilgy's game-content that I've found disagreeable is his Boomslang vote today. Daisy's highly-subjective entirely-meta case against him just seems like formless finger pointing.

I'd vote for Daisy or Sig today over anyone else. I'm gonna try and ISO Scotty at some point and give my thoughts on him and his glut of content.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Imma gonna go ahead and aubergine Spacedaisy for now.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:10 pm Scotty
Jackofhearts
Spacedaisy

Drwilgy
Kylemii
sig
niju
Marmot

INH
LoRab
Boomslang

Still changing my mind left and right and nothing's quite settled, but this is where I'm at right now. Marmot's made a few posts where he looked actively engaged in the thread, but I haven't seen much follow up from him on that. I've calmed down on sig and kyle and can see some earnest thought processes poking through in their posts.
Everyone should be on the table, but I think it's important that we work toward a consensus today. I would like to test my theory about the tribes alternating between lynching and nightkilling. This would require that we actually lynch somebody today. So far we seem to be going toward boomslang and I support that.
Why is Scotty your top town read?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Screw it, I'll make my own super-cool rainbow list. What it lacks in visual flair, it makes up for in readability.

JoH
Marmot

Ninja
Boomslang
Sloonei

Lorab
DrWilgy

Kylemii
Scotty

Sig
Spacedaisy
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:10 pm Scotty
Jackofhearts
Spacedaisy

Drwilgy
Kylemii
sig
niju
Marmot

INH
LoRab
Boomslang

Also, why did you "calm down" on Sig?

Has the case against him been countered in any meaningful way?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty is my top town read because I get a stronger sense from him than anyone else that he's trying to solce the game. He's here, he's engaged and he's not afraid to state his mind. His previous role is the only slight complication.

I'm not concerned with anyone else's stated case against sig right now. My own thoughts on him havd shifted to a town lean. He looks to me like a player who doesn't care about how he is being perceived, which I take as a good thing.

I'm still not inspired by a single word of any case against spacedaisy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Whoa, thanks for bringing this up - I didn't even realize it was someone from the other tribe I was talking to for the VERY brief time I had. Freaky. And neato! Too bad someone KILLED me :suspish:

That's kind of all I wanted to say while I catch up. Also, I'm not silenced. Also, thank you all for making it easy to catch up. I think I'd die with twice as many pages.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I'm a little wary of you right now. You are less perturbed by Wilgy's flip-flops on me and more dismissive of Daisy's claims about WIlgy's behavior than I'd imagine. Perhaps I've missed something - why are so willing to take Wilgy at his word so easily?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:24 pm Scotty is my top town read because I get a stronger sense from him than anyone else that he's trying to solce the game. He's here, he's engaged and he's not afraid to state his mind. His previous role is the only slight complication.

I'm not concerned with anyone else's stated case against sig right now. My own thoughts on him havd shifted to a town lean. He looks to me like a player who doesn't care about how he is being perceived, which I take as a good thing.

I'm still not inspired by a single word of any case against spacedaisy.
Your reads seem to be solely driven by emotion. And, as you've shown with your suspicion of Boomslang, you seem to be emotionally favorable towards people attempting to work with you and who also agree with your reads, while being judgmental towards those with whom you disagree.

This response just knocked you down a couple of places on my rainbow list.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:54 pm

DAY 1:

Vote Boomslang.
Sorry, friend.

What was the basis of your suspicion of me, why have you not mentioned it elsewhere, and why was it preferable to cast a vote that was not going to result in anything happening?
I voted for you because I had day 1 level suspicion of you. My suspicion came from a few things: one is that you totally switcherooed on sig and accused him of being bad as soon as he mentioned suspicion of you. You also seemed to grasp at every straw that came into reach to make cases against people for, what seemed to me, to be little to no reason. That was more suspicious than anything else that anyone had done, in my view, so I voted for you.

I generally vote for the player that I have the most suspicion of--in this case, a little bit of suspicion was more than I had of anyone else. And, as I've said before, I didn't want to jump on either of the bandwagons, as I didn't see those players as suspicious, so I didn't want to vote that way--especially not just because other people were doing it.

I haven't mentioned you since then because your posts since then have seemed civ and the low level, day 1, suspicion of you has faded.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Spacedaisy »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:06 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:48 pm @sig why would you vote for me? What caused the flip flop?
What do you think of INH? I feel like he could be bad given how much he's faded the last few days. I know he just started hosting his own game, but he's provided next to nothing since Night 2.
I damn near forgot he was in the game, but I guess that's what my pickle with you earlier was about.

Unsure really. By association with or against (not really sure the best term) Scotty I'd say he's good but I'd need to reread to make an informed read.

You?
What a coincidence. It was INH that I was seeing a possible teammate connection to Wilgy with. :rolleyes: Shocker. This is not something I would vote based on though because I don't even know Wilgy's alignment. Or even that the mafia have BTSC at this point.

On that topic, I've kind of had some thoughts about whether or not I think this is the case. The setup specifically says that when a mafia member with BTSC is killed in their alignment will remain. Which makes sense because if they flipped to civ they would simply out the whole team and game over. I think someone else mentioned mafia role(s) buried in the second roles. The fact that Golden specified the roles were linked and each player has two roles at game start but they only know one leads me to believe that either the game begins with all or some of the Baddies isolated from their teammates and some kind of game event will trigger them gaining full BTSC (I find this less likely because then you would be required to have every mafia member be a mafia member in their second role too, in which case, why even specify like he did) or there are mafia roles that will never be Mafia with BTSC with their teammates and the second role for that player is a civ role. Because of all this I lean toward the idea that either all the Mafia are isolated from each other the moment, or there is only maybe two teammates that have BTSC at the start. Most likely the second because the first seems like too big a handicap, ad the second would make up for it. Given that fact, two baddies who are in separate tribes make perfect sense. Again, it helps them to make up for their disadvantage. Additionally, Blooper's response to Scotty pointing out that her first role had BTSC with someone from the other tribe seemed very odd to me. If you were given BTSC with someone else, what is the first thing you would want to know?

Who are you?

Or, what thread are you in/what information do you have that I might not have?

The fact she said she didn't even know she was talking to someone from the other thread is really odd to me. How?

Anyway, all that blathering to spill my random thoughts about the game set up and suspicions that come out of it.

Right now I feel a solid town read from Scotty, I would put Sloonei just under him.

As far as everyone else, I don't trust any of you. I actively distrust Wilgy, INH, Boomslang and Blooper. Wilgy is still my most solid bad read. I would put Blooper and Boomslang about even in orange and INH between them and Wilgy.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

@LoRab who are you leaning towards voting today if the poll ended in an hour?

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh, also! If I'm right about all or most of the mafia being isolated/lacking any BTSC it would explain why none of the cases seem convincing or very spirited so far. Isolated mafia would probably want to be cautious not to accidentally lynch their own teammates.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I find Daisy's post about blooper's odd comment to be fairly convincing. I had raised an eyebrow when I read her comment earlier, but hadn't had the chance to think it through. As Daisy said, it's off, because that would be one of the first things I'd think would come up. And it sounds a bit too much like--know what's going on in the other tribe? No, of course I don't. So, at this moment, that's where my suspicion pendulum has struck. That could change.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Aight SpaceDaisy I see you. I put you as a solid lax eyebrow as opposed to a raised one.

Your talk of mafia mechanics sound like someone who has no idea what’s going on, and you bring a good point. I like the plausibility of a mafia lying in wait until activation. A blind wolf.

I just always assume in these games that mafia have BTSC. Has that concept been breached this year in a game? Doesn’t golden stick to mostly mechanical elements from every game this year?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

LoRab wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:06 pm I find Daisy's post about blooper's odd comment to be fairly convincing. I had raised an eyebrow when I read her comment earlier, but hadn't had the chance to think it through. As Daisy said, it's off, because that would be one of the first things I'd think would come up. And it sounds a bit too much like--know what's going on in the other tribe? No, of course I don't. So, at this moment, that's where my suspicion pendulum has struck. That could change.
:sigh: jinx

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

So anyway, we lynching Boomslang today or nah

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 44

Post by DrWilgy »

[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] in what way is INH my teammate?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:14 pm @Spacedaisy in what way is INH my teammate?
When I read that post it just read as super non-committal can go either way on INH kind of feel. Odder still when you consider how hard you defended INH from Sloonei at game start. It just struck me as odd. But that said, I don't have a strong feel on this, it was a gut response to one comment as I was reading through while at work. I wouldn't really even consider basing any kind of vote on this. Just laying out as much of my thoughts as I can.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Ugh. Been at home with pink eye baby all day.

I think I have half an hour to vote?

Who should I vote for?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Never mind. Math and calendars are hard. Disregard previous post. I’ll figure it out tonight.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 pmDude read my posts.
Its easier and more effective to ask people for explanations of their viewpoints in the moment than to go out of my way to figure out why they believe the things they do, plus sometimes the reasons why people suspect each other can change over time, also also reading is for nerds.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:00 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 pmDude read my posts.
Its easier and more effective to ask people for explanations of their viewpoints in the moment than to go out of my way to figure out why they believe the things they do, plus sometimes the reasons why people suspect each other can change over time, also also reading is for nerds.
I disagree. It’s a lazy way out of doing reads. My mom calls me every now and then and asks me what i’ve been up to but I just tell her, “mom,” I tell her, “I know you’re trolling on Facebook because you recently commented on one of my pictures from 2011 and I know you can just see for yourself what I’ve been up to so no need to call me.”

Yes, views change, but why even answer you at all if you’re not reading what I write to fit your storyline?

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

you say lazy as if that's a bad thing??? I'm not gonna do an archeology dig every time someone presents a read with minimal context when they can easily just elucidate on their own viewpoints with minimal effort.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I would not be surprised if we are only dealing with a fraction of the eventual mafia team right now. For the eventual Phase 2 of this game to be properly balanced, there'd need to be players changing alignments, and it's much easier to arrange civilians turning into mafia than vice versa. It's not impossible to think there might only be one baddie among us. I'm frankly having a difficult time arguing that any of you are bad, so I might even be willing to bet that we only have 1-2 scum in here right now.

Members of the other tribe were also suggesting multiple mafia factions, which I think is a possibility too. I also still feel like the language of the rules suggests there may be isolated baddies right now, who don't have BTSC with any partners. I'm not sure how that would work, but it could happen.

All that is to say I don't really know what to do with my vote but I feel comfortable lettibg my guard down a little in this setting. I feel, at this moment, that were are dealing with a heavy town population. Or at least we have been. As more players die, there are more chances for players to turn bad. But we haven't lost enough players yet for that to be a major concern. I trust most of you, let's figure this jazz out. For the DJ.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”