Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [DAY 2] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: * Llama suspects Lizzy, Hedge, possibly DP and maybe Eloh?
Not quite right. I suspect Hedge and Elo for their eagerness to jump on my odd behavior as a reason to find me suspicious. They both should know better. It seemed a convenient and easy thing for baddies to do. I don't suspect Lizzy. I don't really suspect DP that much either. I do suspect INH and I also kind of suspect you, for the same reason as Elohcin, though you were pretty quick to backpedal.

Linki: Mongoose. Oh, no. HedgeBaddie is definitely a baddie.
Do you have other reasons for suspecting her other than what you perceive as her exploiting your more or less usual shenanigans for profit?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 194

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: Do you have other reasons for suspecting her other than what you perceive as her exploiting your more or less usual shenanigans for profit?
I trust Devin and thought her Devin bandwagon vote reeked of opportunism.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: Do you have other reasons for suspecting her other than what you perceive as her exploiting your more or less usual shenanigans for profit?
Not to cross-examine you, but maybe talking aloud will help us all.

What made Devin appear to be trustworthy?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Oh, he doesn't appear trustworthy. I just trust him is all.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Oh, he doesn't appear trustworthy. I just trust him is all.
Well that's a really weird thing to say. I'd ask you if you would care to elaborate, but something tell me you will answer: "No."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Rose
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Rose »

Hi guys, I'm just going to catch up with the thread, and try and wrap my head round the game - its a bit different!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

So is anyone else planning to vote today, or is it just going to be me? I am fine if it is just me. I will kill all the baddies by myself if necessary.

linki: Call it a hunch, call it my gut, call it my savant-like ability to read people. Devin's okay, I say. I called Rob right, didn't I?

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hi Rose! Good to see you over in our playground. Let us know if you have any questions! I know it's a very different animal than Ksite.

All: So I reread the roles. It does not appear to me that any of the civs have BTSC. Can someone corroborate that this is his/her understanding as well?

Linki Llama - Whoa, there cowboy. What did you call Rob? Did you call him "About to Give Up the Ghost?" Because I don't see anything that outs him as civ or mafia.

You are not as Savant Garde as you think you are if I'm reading suspish to you. And come on, man, there's hours left til deadline. Why not draw out the suspense? Why are you in such a hurry to get a result?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I said that Rob was as civ as the day is long, then he was killed by the mafia, making it unlikely that he was mafia. Check the record, and you will see.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:I said that Rob was as civ as the day is long, then he was killed by the mafia, making it unlikely that he was mafia. Check the record, and you will see.
I read that he could have been killed by the SK too though, and lost the challenge that the SK presented him with.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Although I will concede that Rob did appear to be Captain Civ.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I said that Rob was as civ as the day is long, then he was killed by the mafia, making it unlikely that he was mafia. Check the record, and you will see.
I read that he could have been killed by the SK too though, and lost the challenge that the SK presented him with.
I don't think that is what happened.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Lizzy »

thellama73 wrote:So is anyone else planning to vote today, or is it just going to be me? I am fine if it is just me. I will kill all the baddies by myself if necessary.

linki: Call it a hunch, call it my gut, call it my savant-like ability to read people. Devin's okay, I say. I called Rob right, didn't I?
Now see? This is the type of phrasing that makes me quite suspicious of you. It's not your zany suggestions (actually I was going to suggest a 16 way tie myself had I not been silenced), it's the wrapping that catches my eye. Why? Because it looks like you're opting for a mad civ approach. The mad bit - nailed it! The civ bit - a tad forced.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Mister Rearranger »

I should have saved some time/confusion and bought the Cliffnotes version of this thread. :p

1 read: Hedge wasn't reading good to me from page 4 (her first lynch vote, iirc). On top of that, her recent accusations aimed at BWIT and Lizzie scream "grasping at straws".

No clue what to make of Llama after 1 read. Seems like either an uberinvolved civ, and if he's not, he's playing a brilliantly in-your-face game for a baddie. So yeah, all I'm aware of at this point is that he's not NOT a player in this game... >.>

Other names that caught my attention for one way or another: DP, insertnamehere, and Dom. Going back to take a closer look.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Lizzy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:So is anyone else planning to vote today, or is it just going to be me? I am fine if it is just me. I will kill all the baddies by myself if necessary.

Now see? This is the type of phrasing that makes me quite suspicious of you. It's not your zany suggestions (actually I was going to suggest a 16 way tie myself had I not been silenced), it's the wrapping that catches my eye. Why? Because it looks like you're opting for a mad civ approach. The mad bit - nailed it! The civ bit - a tad forced.
I don't remember ever claiming to be a civ.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
I don't think that is what happened.
Before you ask:
"When the players are in Chapter 1: The Forest, Dr. Fetus selects a target every night to chase in his Lil’ Slugger."
"Epignosis was killed by Lil' Slugger"

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

A Person wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Linki-you know rose or mr subbed in for him right?
I do, but I'm hoping a vote for them won't be redirected to their subs.
I missed this, but que?

Even if it wasn't, where would you hope that the vote would go? :shrug:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey everyone, just a heads up, I will very likely not be around for poll's close; I am going out with some friends tonight. I'll be sure to post the Day post as soon as I can when I get back though.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by A Person »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
A Person wrote:
I missed this, but que?

Nowhere hopefully, if it doesn't affect anyone I can't accidentally hurt a civ.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
A Person wrote:
I missed this, but que?

Magic Hat is my favorite brewery. Well done sir!

You should know that AP is always incredibly illogical with his voting like that, so I wouldn't read too much into it. I have lynched him many times for making no sense when it just turned out he was a no-sense-making civ.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

thellama73 wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

I don't remember ever claiming to be a civ.
Ah semantics. :p I didn't say you claimed to be a civ, just merely pointed out that the perception (mine in this case) is that the way you are posting seems to suggest you are trying to appear as civ because you want to want to get those baddies so badly. How was this?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I don't want to appear as a civ. Do you think I want to get NKed? Not bloody likely.

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I agree, appearing/claiming to be civ only restricts what you can do and paints a target on your head. I also agree with Lizzy, though. :P
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Hedgeowl »

Hedgeowl wrote:Fun fact: we all have different amount of life, so we have no idea when someone might die or not.

(This may have been discussed already) However, I like llama's day 1 suggestion even less and am considering voting there because it seems like a huge baddie benefit. What if they have more lives than the rest of us?!?
How is this above me suspecting you because of your normal odd behavior? It is in fact me suspecting you because of what I feel is very non-civ friendly lynch theory. Those are two very different things, but good try at putting words in my mouth sir.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote: Bandwagons happen all the time. It's usually how people get lynched, civvies and baddies. The bandwagon wasn't the suspicious part as much to me as the low poster bandwagoning. It seems way to convenient to go after low posters again. Someone brings this up every game. Don't think I didn't notice bwt defended you miss Lizzy and here you are attacking me. Teamies what what? :eye:
Still a bandwagon. :eye: I must have missed the part where he was defending me. :eye: And he's not that lucky. :eye:
HedgeBaddie is running scared and careening out of control.
Orly? ;)
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

thellama73 wrote:I don't want to appear as a civ. Do you think I want to get NKed? Not bloody likely.
Right.
thellama73 wrote:Since there are more civvies than baddies, can we assume that o aggregate there are more civvie "lives" than baddie "lives?" If we can make that assumption, shouldn't we spread out the vote as much as possible each lynch, so that the baddies will die off by attrition?
thellama73 wrote:It doesn't matter as long as we kill the baddies faster
thellama73 wrote:We outnumber the baddies. They will all die off from attrition.
thellama73 wrote:I will kill all the baddies by myself if necessary.
I'm sure they haven't noticed these. :wine:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote: Bandwagons happen all the time. It's usually how people get lynched, civvies and baddies. The bandwagon wasn't the suspicious part as much to me as the low poster bandwagoning. It seems way to convenient to go after low posters again. Someone brings this up every game. Don't think I didn't notice bwt defended you miss Lizzy and here you are attacking me. Teamies what what? :eye:
Still a bandwagon. :eye: I must have missed the part where he was defending me. :eye: And he's not that lucky. :eye:
HedgeBaddie is running scared and careening out of control.
Orly? ;)
Quite possible. Yus. :eye:
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

thellama73 wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
A Person wrote:
I missed this, but que?

Magic Hat is my favorite brewery. Well done sir!

You should know that AP is always incredibly illogical with his voting like that, so I wouldn't read too much into it. I have lynched him many times for making no sense when it just turned out he was a no-sense-making civ.
A Person wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
A Person wrote:
I missed this, but que?

Nowhere hopefully, if it doesn't affect anyone I can't accidentally hurt a civ.
It's wonderful stuff! Burlington is always great this time of year too. :)

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that any vote for him would affect my lives, as his replacement. Wouldn't seem likely that I'd come into the game totally unlynchable.

This is the tough aspect of coming back to mafia after such a long break. So many unfamiliar faces and playstyles, but it's a great thing too!

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Lizzy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I don't want to appear as a civ. Do you think I want to get NKed? Not bloody likely.
Right.
thellama73 wrote:Since there are more civvies than baddies, can we assume that o aggregate there are more civvie "lives" than baddie "lives?" If we can make that assumption, shouldn't we spread out the vote as much as possible each lynch, so that the baddies will die off by attrition?
thellama73 wrote:It doesn't matter as long as we kill the baddies faster
thellama73 wrote:We outnumber the baddies. They will all die off from attrition.
thellama73 wrote:I will kill all the baddies by myself if necessary.
I'm sure they haven't noticed these. :wine:
Yeah, but I might be lying (and a lot of people seem to think I am)

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Mister Rearranger wrote: Yeah, I'm fairly certain that any vote for him would affect my lives, as his replacement. Wouldn't seem likely that I'd come into the game totally unlynchable.

This is the tough aspect of coming back to mafia after such a long break. So many unfamiliar faces and playstyles, but it's a great thing too!
In some games replacements are unlynchable/un-nkable for the first day or two so that they have time to get caught up. Since I didn't explicitly ask Alex what would happen I probably won't do that now.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Yeah, I'm fairly certain that any vote for him would affect my lives, as his replacement. Wouldn't seem likely that I'd come into the game totally unlynchable.

I for one like the fact that you are open-minded. So cheers for that! :wine:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

thellama73 wrote: Yeah, but I might be lying (and a lot of people seem to think I am)
:overreact:
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Vompatti »

I'll vote for myself for personal reasons. :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Llama, level with me dude.

Are you acting your normal, zany self? I just have trouble believing Hedge would misread you like that.

Could you both be in cahoots trying to Gaslight all of us, yes/no.

You have ~2 hours to convince me.

linki Oh, Wombat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

NEV LOOK OVER HERE

NEV!

NEVINERA!!

HEY NEV

Llama is in this to win this. He wants to be the Prime Czar of SyndicateLand. Please give us your read on him. he has big motivation to not get erroneously lynched and also to win, so I don't trust him one bit (no offense!)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:I'll vote for myself for personal reasons. :mafia:
Would you mind telling us what they are q.m.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:Llama, level with me dude.

Are you acting your normal, zany self? I just have trouble believing Hedge would misread you like that.
This is not how I usually act in mafia games.

I do not believe that HedgeBaddie misread me.

That should be all the convincing you need.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Mongoose wrote:NEV LOOK OVER HERE

NEV!

NEVINERA!!

HEY NEV

Llama is in this to win this. He wants to be the Prime Czar of SyndicateLand. Please give us your read on him. he has big motivation to not get erroneously lynched and also to win, so I don't trust him one bit (no offense!)
And you are in this to catch up. :mafia:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

RUDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

But not wrong?
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
I wouldn't, but it might be against the rules, and it might even be against the rules to tell you if it would, in fact, be against the rules.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
I wouldn't, but it might be against the rules, and it might even be against the rules to tell you if it would, in fact, be against the rules.
Since it may be against the rules I'll pretend I'm not trying to deduce anything from this post.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

A Person wrote:But not wrong?
I simply want justice to prevail and rid us of the errant meat. If Llama and I are on the same side, I obviously don't want to hurl him under the train simply to manipulate rankings. That would be underhanded and not something a lady or anyone who values honor would do.

I was not and am not gunning for Llama. That said, his responses to me, when I began my cavalcade of questioning, were a bit unsettling.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 42

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Have to vote now on my phone at work. Some of llama's later comments have come off as a bit too gung-ho and avant garde for me so I will be voting for him. I'll post more about it later.

Votes llama
Jigsaw
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Jigsaw »

Found the level:) voted level 2, my lucky number:))
Wanna play a game....
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Jigsaw wrote:Found the level:) voted level 2, my lucky number:))
Eh? You mean you voted Level 2 last night or you are for Night 2?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

I still think Devin.is a bad man..
Wanna play a game....
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

Yes I chose level 2, I found the fetus man:)
Wanna play a game....
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Jigsaw wrote:Yes I chose level 2, I found the fetus man:)

Oh, I see, thanks for the clarification. Can you elaborate a tad on the Devin suspicion?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 48

Post by insertnamehere »

Jigsaw wrote:Found the level:) voted level 2, my lucky number:))
insertnamehere wrote:If anybody cares, I randomized Level 2 to search.
Ha, ha! Beat you!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”