[END] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 194

Re: [DAY 8] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by thellama73 »

Screw you guys, I'm going home. :p
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:Screw you guys, I'm going home. :p
Quit dying so fast all the time.

Vomps - are you still kickin?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Lizzy »

I must say, this is one awesome baddie team. I'm impressed! Wish I were part of it... :overreact:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I've been wondering if Brownie is a recruitable role. Does anyone want to speculate on that? A 5-person baddie team against 5 of us left? Those are rather frightening odds.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

I've been wondering if that actually happened when there was no race at level 3. :O
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Hedgeowl »

RIP Llama! Ballsy move indeed baddies. What on earth did Llama say to upset you? Maybe a look back there might be helpful. One might think you were trying to frame me.

my fun AP-DP suspicion was ruined anyway with Llama replacing, but AP is my number one suspect right now. i need to reread him before tomorrow's vote though.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'm surprised they went after llama too! There was enough heat on DP before the lynch that I thought they'd let him live for a while because that character (DP/Llama 2.0) was really taking some heat. So I don't know why in the world they'd kill him.

Could he have been Brownie? He could be dead and we wouldn't even know it until I think Chapter 6.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Mongoose wrote:I've been wondering if Brownie is a recruitable role. Does anyone want to speculate on that? A 5-person baddie team against 5 of us left? Those are rather frightening odds.
EBWOP: I went and counted and there are 12 players left, so it would be 7:5 or 7:4:1
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Re: [NIGHT 7] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Choosing level 19 and mixing it up. I usually pick 3 but I'll let Hedge have that one tonight ;)
You do? Whoops! I have been trying to mix it up never picking the same number. Keeping baddies on their toes, what what.

I am interested in AP/DP currently, but will be interested to see MAtas response. She has not been her normal self this game I think, but then she is also playing another intense game as well.
It is probably not prudent for me to broadcast what I've been doing, but I think of it as getting lost in the mall when you are a kid. If you stay in the hat aisle, your grandma is going to be able to find you easier.

But in reverse it would work differently. The baddies probably don't believe we are picking the numbers we are, so are trying to hide her in as innocuous places as possible. I would guess 19 or 11 or places that don't stand out. They probably wouldn't pick 13 or 7, because those are numbers people are more likely to pick?

Actually after writing up this diatribe, I might examine my procedure. :/
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

^ I don't understand anything about this post. RIP llama, MR, and BWT. We're really dropping like flies now. :( Hopefully the fact that we're at level 6 still gives us a shot.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:^ I don't understand anything about this post. .
Ugh, I don't think I do either.

Except convinced myself that I need a new level-picking strategy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Sorry for eating up the thread today but I've been buried for the last few weeks and I need to participate while I have a few!

I was going over Larries Lament, since he was the one who killed off everyone's favorite hirsute mammal.
• Larries Lament – A collective of three giant maggots that burrow in the ground, waiting for prey to attack. When the players are in Chapter 5: Rapture, Larries Lament selects anywhere from one to three targets every night to attack. Each of the three maggots is very slow, but combined they can do lethal damage.
It says he can select any of three targets. This entirely speculation, but I'm guessing the baddies only selected Llama (instead of attacking three of us, but it looks like they will have a more potent attack with one target?)to maximize damage.

This tells me they really wanted Llama Lo dead D-E-D.

Was it something Llama said before he died? After he returned in the new role? Or maybe just because he's a strong player? I think he probably stumbled upon something really really juicy (or was headed that way) and they wanted to silence him.

I wish he could still talk and had answered my questions on why he felt better about Hedge. Or maybe he did and I missed it -- going to go reread now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

One time I got in trouble for talking too much from beyond the grave, so I try not to do that now.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:One time I got in trouble for talking too much from beyond the grave, so I try not to do that now.
Yeah don't get in trouble. Feel free to post some cat pics though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: [NIGHT 7] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Russtifinko »

thellama73 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote: But anyways, What's everyone's thoughts on the quieter players?? I feel like the players in the middle of everything are the only ones being targeted for lynches anymore, and look where that's gotten us. :solitary:
I trust you, Devin, perhaps mistakenly, but I do so there. I found Mata's sudden list compiling after taking her first vote a big red flag. Feels very diversionary, and I don't agree with her choices.

I have said since the beginning (which got me killed) that I am uncomfortable leaving a bunch of players with zero votes because if we pick wrong (which we have so far) we end up with undamaged baddies who will be very hard to lynch. It's also worth noting that there have been quite a few night kill misses. Whether this has to do with blocking or missed PMs, I don't know, but it seems likely to me that some of the quieter folks are bad.
Mongoose, I've been thinking along similar lines about why llama died. This quote is the only thing he posted since he came back (besides saying that he has now reconsidered his view on Hedge) that stuck out to me.

I've been thinking Devin looked bad for a while now, mainly because he and llama fell on the other side of the Hedge debate a few days ago, but now that llama's been proven civ twice it gives me pause about Devin as well, and I think I've been looking in all the wrong places.

I don't really trust Mata's listmaking either, given the timing of it (as llama pointed out). I've heard that the game on RM is insanely involved, but it seems weird to be so quiet, throw that out, and then a few posts later say that she didn't have any major suspicions.

I think it makes sense that either DP or Mongoose must be Dr. Fetus. Both of them missed polls at the right time to have been MIA while Bandage Girl wasn't hidden. I am a little hesitant to vote either of them because it might not do any good, but I'm also starting to think that at least it wouldn't hurt.

I also would really like to hear more from A Person, INH, and Jigsaw. Those are 3 very low posters, especially lately. Vomps fits that category as well, even for him. I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt so far, but with the scarcity of leads and people starting to die while it looks like the baddies are laying low, I think we need to examine them more closely.

And I'm still having trouble shaking the idea that Elo's idea before was a baddie ploy, so I mistrust her as well. Especially after llama just died (for a second time) after advocating spreading the vote around in the post above. He even says that's what got him killed the first time around. Maybe that's what he was onto that scared the baddies into killing him. I am starting to come around to agreeing with him that a wider vote spread might be a good thing, to give us a chance at the end.

I do feel like there are some people who I can say fairly confidently are civ at this point, so that's good. (Not naming names.) I just hope we can coordinate well enough that it's not too late.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Elohcin »

I have a feeling the baddies are all laughing at us BTS. We are really doing a horrible job at finding these guys. The low posters could be the baddies. Maybe they are very active BTS but not in the thread. I'd hate to think we are losing to a bunch of inactive players. As of yet, I am thinking we might need to spread the votes. Maybe you all were right. It will hopefully buy us time at least.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Elohcin wrote:I have a feeling the baddies are all laughing at us BTS. We are really doing a horrible job at finding these guys. The low posters could be the baddies. Maybe they are very active BTS but not in the thread.
I know! I wonder if our darling Vomps is a baddie; he's not very active generally, so give him BTS and that'd be it. Some low posters are definitely posting even below their usual thresholds.

Low posters: Icarus flew too high and got burned, but if you fly too low, you might get eaten by a shark.

So, ya know, post some more!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

If Vomps isn't Dr Fetus, I''ll be a very sad Lizzy.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Lizzy wrote:If Vomps isn't Dr Fetus, I''ll be a very sad Lizzy.
Wait, are you saying you think Vomps is evil???
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

JA :wine: (skål)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Just a heads up!

My schedule for the evening has changed, so I very likely will not be putting the poll up at exactly 7:00PM EST. However, I will do so after that time, so at the very least you will have until later than 7:00PM EST tomorrow to vote. I will obviously post the poll and it will have the countdown timer on it, but I will also make sure to clarify completely so everyone is aware of the new timing.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 48

Post by insertnamehere »

I've been briefly without internet for the last few days, I apologize to everyone. I find it really weird that nobody even acknowledged my A Person theory.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

So apparently, I'm a "low poster". Even though I'm 12th on the list, including our host and deadies. Not sure what's going on there.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Really, my main two suspicions, A Person and Elochin have done nothing to dissuade me from suspecting them. They're at the top of my list on who to look at. We need to get a baddie, and fast. To the best of my knowledge, there's 4 (5 if Brownie can be recruited) baddies left. We haven't got rid of any of them. This is a fucking travesty. The one thing that's been in our favor is the fact that we've been flying through the levels. We need whoever Dr. Fetus duels to take him out.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Epignosis »

At this point I'm prepared to randomize. I'll probably do better.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

insertnamehere wrote:I've been briefly without internet for the last few days, I apologize to everyone. I find it really weird that nobody even acknowledged my A Person theory.
I think it's easy to get AP and Vomps mixed up since they have such similar playstyles.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Mongoose wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:I've been briefly without internet for the last few days, I apologize to everyone. I find it really weird that nobody even acknowledged my A Person theory.
I think it's easy to get AP and Vomps mixed up since they have such similar playstyles.
I'm not entirely unconvinced they're not the same person.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by A Person »

I read it but I disagreed with it, after having every suspicion of mine proven wrong I am completely lost, we've not gained any information apart from the fact that the people who've died so far are civs, which is not nearly as helpful as lynching a baddie.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

insertnamehere wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
We have the same birthday even :3
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Elohcin »

insertnamehere wrote:Really, my main two suspicions, A Person and Elochin have done nothing to dissuade me from suspecting them. They're at the top of my list on who to look at. We need to get a baddie, and fast. To the best of my knowledge, there's 4 (5 if Brownie can be recruited) baddies left. We haven't got rid of any of them. This is a fucking travesty. The one thing that's been in our favor is the fact that we've been flying through the levels. We need whoever Dr. Fetus duels to take him out.
Why exactly do you suspect me? B/c I said we ought to cluster vote? I truly think if we had done that, things would have worked out better for us, but we didn't. Sure there were little bandwagons here and there, but nothing strong enough. Anyway, at this point I guess we should spread our votes thin to buy ourselves time as I explained earlier today. It just seems like there are no leads after llama's death.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The poll is now up.

You have 24 hours from now to vote for a villain!

A Person wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
We have the same birthday even :3
How did I not know this before now?????!!!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh nevermind, I did know that! It's the same day as Droopy's too, if I remember correctly! I just forgot you guys actually had the same day, that's right.

August birthdays ftw!
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

It's never my birthday! :mad:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

You can have some of my birthdays, mongoose.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh nevermind, I did know that! It's the same day as Droopy's too, if I remember correctly! I just forgot you guys actually had the same day, that's right.

August birthdays ftw!
The 20th of August must be a busy birthin' day.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Since there's time, I will probably do a read through of most living people and make a decision. Cause dis shit gon stop t'day.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:It's never my birthday! :mad:
It's mine in eleven days.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 42

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

thellama73 wrote:
It's mine in eleven days.
Mine is in thirty-four days. And no, I won't say how old I'll be. It makes me feel old. :(
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I'll be 59 and 1/2 in February :dance:
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Vompatti »

I randomized and got *Vompatti*. :overreact:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 127

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh nevermind, I did know that! It's the same day as Droopy's too, if I remember correctly! I just forgot you guys actually had the same day, that's right.

August birthdays ftw!
Droopy Cash!?!?!?!?!?!
I share an office with him now, k. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:

August birthdays ftw!
Droopy Cash!?!?!?!?!?!
I share an office with him now, k. :p
Yes, that Droopy!

He needs to come back and play some mafia, seriously.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 127

Post by Draconus »

Vompatti wrote:I randomized and got *Vompatti*. :overreact:
Vompers is at it again, I see. This is definitely bizarre behavior, even for him. Personally, I have my :eye: on him for a potential Fetus-in-da'-Jar. I'd be willing to test this theory in the next Day period :mafia:

For now I'm still looking at Matahari, but only somewhat, and Jigsaw, quite a bit more than Mata.

So I'm going to go ahead and vote Jigsaw

linki: I will mention it to him tomorrow :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07, of course!!! He didn't even award thellama73 1.0 extra lives for his genius shenanigans, why would he care about a second reincarnation???! (host, deadies, non-players)
I'm still LOL'ing
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vomperdoodle, you seem like you might be a bit shady. Are you a sketchy, shirty beast sent to break out hearts in the saddest fashion?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

When is your birthday?. :hugs:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I have also convinced myself that AP is not acting himself and think he is potentially bad. I am acting on intuition, which is usually terrible foe me, so I know if I should even encourage others to vote for him. if so and is civs I will feel really guilty, but I am having an impossible time reading people this game.

*votes AP*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
It's literally the Ides of April. Beware! XD
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
It's literally the Ides of April. Beware! XD
Nice! But a ways off, I see. My son is April 12! :lorab:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: [NIGHT 1] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going through looking at the posts of people who got replaced. This exchange raised my eyebrow.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I have an 'its a bit late in the game to be asking' question. If meat boy finds bondage girl, something will change with the fetus. But if anyone else finds her, would we know?

I'm making one last effort to understand what's going on and how players can even translate things, so it would possibly help me get why players have changed their minds about other players.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”