20%
Other (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 10
Summer
Posts in topic: 60

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 1

Post by Summer »

MovingPictures07 wrote:No thoughts at all yet, Summer or FZ, on whom you will vote for?
I know FZ has, but I really have no clue. I have no strong suspicions, just little inklings that if I had a Ksite full day, I would investigate into more. I am trying to read the thread quickly before I leave work, but so far, nothing has screamed BADDIE and I don't like just voting for someone without a strong reason.

The only ones I would consider right now are people who haven't posted. If there are none of those, I will look at who I have been getting weird vibes off the most and go for them. I'm waaaaaaaaay too methodical and over-analytical for such a short day! :haha:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Summer wrote:Also, can anyone shed any light what the player Vompatti voted for themselves?
He ALWAYS does this, so pay him no mind. He will sometimes vote for a player that votes Lizzy, so watch out for that. It's very expected behavior of him.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Summer wrote:Also, can anyone shed any light what the player Vompatti voted for themselves?
no
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

A Person wrote:
no
Reported.

Matt, what do you think you will do today?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:No thoughts at all yet, Summer or FZ, on whom you will vote for?
I just said I'd vote for Epig the post before.
Oh, LOL, my bad! I missed that somehow. Is he the only one to catch your eye?

He's criminally insane.

Summer wrote:
I know FZ has, but I really have no clue. I have no strong suspicions, just little inklings that if I had a Ksite full day, I would investigate into more. I am trying to read the thread quickly before I leave work, but so far, nothing has screamed BADDIE and I don't like just voting for someone without a strong reason.

The only ones I would consider right now are people who haven't posted. If there are none of those, I will look at who I have been getting weird vibes off the most and go for them. I'm waaaaaaaaay too methodical and over-analytical for such a short day! :haha:
Understandable.

Speaking of no posters, I THINK the only players who haven't shown yet are Zany Dex, DP, and WOG.

I am going to do some re-reading here, multitasking, while I work on some other things (then I have to leave to run errands, and then have a concert). I think I have a few ideas of where I'll be voting, but not sure yet. I'll be sure to elaborate before leaving.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Now as to voting...

Very typically, yes, there has to be a lynch. The only host I've ever seen disobey this standard is Epig, who seems to have made it a personal tradition to not lynch anyone when there is a tie. Other than that, I've always seen ties as coin flip/dice roll among those with the most votes, even if it is only 1 vote.
[/b]
Personal tradition? I think I've only used that mechanic a couple of times. I like to find a creative way to handle ties if I can (like Zodac). I just don't like resorting to luck for ties.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Summer

Post by Summer »

I will say, I haven't yet seen what caused all the Mongoose drama, but I didn't bad vibes off her, so I would consider voting for someone who is on her trail because they may fall into an easy suspicion ring surrounding her. Epig could genuinely think she is scummy, but there may be some others who fell in line after him that are blowing it up to possibly, as she said, get a strong civ out early. I don't trust suspicions that seem to spring up out of nowhere and being at the helm of quite a few over on Ksite, I can say they never tend to end well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:

Very typically, yes, there has to be a lynch. The only host I've ever seen disobey this standard is Epig, who seems to have made it a personal tradition to not lynch anyone when there is a tie. Other than that, I've always seen ties as coin flip/dice roll among those with the most votes, even if it is only 1 vote.
[/b]
Personal tradition? I think I've only used that mechanic a couple of times. I like to find a creative way to handle ties if I can (like Zodac). I just don't like resorting to luck for ties.
Really? I thought it's been in every game you've hosted over here. I suppose Zodac was an exception though! (What an awesome role, by the way.)
Summer

Post by Summer »

Ah, on Vompatti. Just a loose cannon. I'll be on the look-out then!
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:

[/b]
I like it though because of however you described it in Mario. Lynches are the domain of civs? Something like that. What the heck was Zodac and was I there.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:

To be honest, I'm having a hard time keeping up with two games and this one has a lot more catching up to do (I blame the my Ksite friends for talking too much :p) not to mention too many new names. My strategy this game is trying to focus on one person who catches my eye. And when I see something that I feel I need to comment on something, I do. But I'm taking my time with this game.
Mongoose was one that I thought was suspicious. After what's gone down today, I'm not sure what to think about her. I don't know her and maybe I should trust those who know her better, but I hate "obvious" evidence. I think 90% of the time, it's civvies that make mistakes that seem scummy and obvious.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Can someone give me a clue to how Sorsha usually plays?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:

To be honest, I'm having a hard time keeping up with two games and this one has a lot more catching up to do (I blame the my Ksite friends for talking too much :p) not to mention too many new names. My strategy this game is trying to focus on one person who catches my eye. And when I see something that I feel I need to comment on something, I do. But I'm taking my time with this game.
Mongoose was one that I thought was suspicious. After what's gone down today, I'm not sure what to think about her. I don't know her and maybe I should trust those who know her better, but I hate "obvious" evidence. I think 90% of the time, it's civvies that make mistakes that seem scummy and obvious.
I agree with the bold completely. I did not expect these games to start at the same time, or to be so....big.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

So I forgot I was in this. :D I haven't been around because my laptop wasn't working but now it's back and so am I. Let's go.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

By the way, MP- you asked if we can change our votes. That'd be a no.
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

[/b]
I like it though because of however you described it in Mario. Lynches are the domain of civs? Something like that. What the heck was Zodac and was I there.
Zodac was a secret last man standing Independent in Masters of the Universe. timmer played him awesomely and wound up getting lynched on the last Day against Flyin' High- ONLY because FH won a prize in the very beginning of the game that increased her vote power by one.

Zodac's secret power was to force ties. He could pick two people and average their votes. For example, he chooses Player A and Player B. Player A gets 18 votes and Player B gets 2 votes. They both actually have 10 votes each. Furthermore, in the event of a tie, Zodac would choose that Night would get lynched. So when lynches were happening at Night, people freaked. :biggrin:

Every other time he would choose himself. People kept trying to lynch him and it wouldn't go through. All they had to do was try him twice in a row.

My favorite role I ever created.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

@Epig did you ever answer MP's question to you about what would Mongoose achieve as a baddie by saying what she did?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Mongoose wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:Mongoose, I don't believe you ever answered my question on the previous page.

Why do you feel Epi voted for you?
Sorry, I totally missed that.

I am not sure, but they are motivated reasons. He can read me pretty good as civ when hardly anyone else did (Exhibit A: The Island over on RM), so I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not bad.
So you essentially say he knows you're not bad. Now, I don't want to put words in your mouth, so I'll ask: that should also suggest to you that he knows this because he's bad, correct?

Yet you're hardly confronting him head on about this and building a case or even placing your vote and confidence in that direction? :huh:
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Summer

Post by Summer »

Mongoose wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:Mongoose, I don't believe you ever answered my question on the previous page.

I am not sure, but they are motivated reasons. He can read me pretty good as civ when hardly anyone else did (Exhibit A: The Island over on RM), so I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not bad.
If you are pretty sure he knows you're not a baddie, then do you think he is pushing for your lynch as a baddie himself? I've seen your thoughts on the whole hulabaloo this has made of the thread, but I don't think I've seen your thoughts on Epig and his motives for voting for you. Do you have any thoughts on that? You said he has motivated reasons, which I haven't gotten to those yet, but if as you say, you think he knows you're not bad, why haven't you voted for him yet? Do you feel he is simply misguided?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

So you essentially say he knows you're not bad. Now, I don't want to put words in your mouth, so I'll ask: that should also suggest to you that he knows this because he's bad, correct?

Yet you're hardly confronting him head on about this and building a case or even placing your vote and confidence in that direction? :huh:
I just don't think Llama's bad is all. Misguided yes, but he seems pretty civvy to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

Llama?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:
A Person wrote:
no
Reported.

Matt, what do you think you will do today?
i haven't any clear idea what to do, really.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Yeah! I wanted to ask her that as well, but forgot, Lol
Mongoose wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

I just don't think Llama's bad is all. Misguided yes, but he seems pretty civvy to me.
That makes absolutely no sense. You just said before that he knows you're a townie, so how can he be misguided?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Whoops wrong game.

What I meant to say is:

If I went after Epi with nothing other than "Oh hey I don't like it when you suspect me", even if they are ridic, that's not much better than a big fat NO U argument, and I can do better than that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

FZ - I was thinking this was the speed game when I replied, where the circumstances are a bit different. My answer above ^ applies to the questions asked.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, I have to go now, unfortunately.

FZ, as to Sorsha, I will defer to someone else on that front who knows her style better. So far, her posting content and frequency seems normal from what I've seen from her.

Epig, thanks for answering re: changing votes.

As to suspects, I definitely have a few players I'm eyeballing but it's way too early to act on because I don't feel sure about them at all. I will be very curious to see how they vote in this lynch. I'm also not so sure I believe Epig is baddie anymore... I guess I might still vote there, but I don't know. He does act aggressively all the time regardless. I can't tell here. His posts more recently seem more civvie to me. Also, I am still really reading a civvie Mongoose, but
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

He has a good point. Eh...

I don't want to domineer the thread and I want to see how the votes develop (because I've seen way too many games where I vote first and then people follow my vote; I don't feel confident enough yet at all about anyone; I might as well wait regardless if I know I'll be back in time) -- and I literally have to go now anyway (put off errands long enough).

So I guess I'll vote when I get back from the concert! See you folks later! :dance:

Linkitis: OK, Mongoose is obviously getting confused between both games where she is under a lot of heat. I thought MR finally made a good point against her, actually, but her response makes me think civvie again, so... eh. I still don't advocate a Mongoose lynch, honestly. Nor a Devin one. I know that much.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:Llama?
:haha: I guess I'm not the only one struggling to juggle two games. I didn't even notice she said llama and not Epig
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I WANT TO HEAR FROM MORE PEOPLE.

Seriously.

DF said something about a 5 post on topic minimum, so... get at it, lower posters!!

Anyway, see you guys late tonight!
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'm unsure about Epi; he is a tricksy sort. I'm not going to build a case on him yet just because I'm under the gun.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Darn it, Mongoose! I get finished Shawshanking for the night and come in here to catch up and think I'm reading really interesting stuff, only to find out in the very last post that you're putting Shawshank stuff in WWE!? AAAARGH!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Summer

Post by Summer »

I'm getting the feeling that this whole Epig/Mongoose was blown way out of proportion. I actually didn't get any weird vibes off Epig for his response to Mongoose, nor am I getting anything weird off Mongoose.

Who else made comments about voting for Mongoose based off her interaction with Epig? Because I'm guessing there is a baddie in there trying to take advantage of a situation.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

Even though I did find her a little suspicious earlier I think I definitely won't vote Mongoose. At least not today. Not sure who I will vote though but it will need to be within the next 2 hours. Might end up going with a no-show.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:Darn it, Mongoose! I get finished Shawshanking for the night and come in here to catch up and think I'm reading really interesting stuff, only to find out in the very last post that you're putting Shawshank stuff in WWE!? AAAARGH!
Yeah sorry! I doubt I will be the last person to do it though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mongoose wrote:Whoops wrong game.

What I meant to say is:

If I went after Epi with nothing other than "Oh hey I don't like it when you suspect me", even if they are ridic, that's not much better than a big fat NO U argument, and I can do better than that.

Honestly, I don't like the NO U policy you have here. If you think someone is supposed to know you're a civ, (though I always think people who know me should know I'm a civvie yet time and time again, they surprise me), why not say that the fact he's voting for you doesn't sit well with you? Because people will say it's a big fat NO U? Sounds silly to me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Summer

Post by Summer »

Mongoose wrote:I'm unsure about Epi; he is a tricksy sort. I'm not going to build a case on him yet just because I'm under the gun.
This seems civ to me. It would be very easy to build a case for him, especially with all the support you seem to have garnered in the thread now and yet, you hold off. I like that.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

FZ. wrote:

What I meant to say is:

Honestly, I don't like the NO U policy you have here. If you think someone is supposed to know you're a civ, (though I always think people who know me should know I'm a civvie yet time and time again, they surprise me), why not say that the fact he's voting for you doesn't sit well with you? Because people will say it's a big fat NO U? Sounds silly to me.
I think there's nothing wrong with a NO U if it's based on more than just petty revenge. Like I've voted for people in the past for making cases against me that were blatant lies. Plus sometimes you just happen to suspect someone who also suspects (or claims to suspect) you. So yeah, I agree with you here.
Summer

Post by Summer »

FZ. wrote:

What I meant to say is:

(There is FZ!!)

She did say it doesn't sit well with her, but she's not trying to sway people towards him which would be easy to do right now and probably expected.

What is a NO U?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Summer wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I'm unsure about Epi; he is a tricksy sort. I'm not going to build a case on him yet just because I'm under the gun.
This seems civ to me. It would be very easy to build a case for him, especially with all the support you seem to have garnered in the thread now and yet, you hold off. I like that.
Actually, if anything, that seems like something a baddie would say. When someone goes after you when you're a baddie, you're sometimes afraid to go back after them because people will say it's a NO U (basically, it's going after the person who goes after you, I guess for no good reasons), or you're afraid that if it's between you and him, people will eventually learn that it was you and not him. So you make it look like you think he's a misguided townie or you don't understand why he's going after you and look more like a townie for not pushing for him. Let the others do the hard work.

I'm kind of torn here between Epig and Mongoose.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Nothing I have seen so far makes Mongoose look bad to me. MP, maybe there's something to your Epi suspicion, but I don't have a strong enough read on him to vote that way yet. I am going to bed now, so I'll vote Captain Bunny Killer, and I urge everyone to bandwagon. He kills bunnies, and that's not nice!

I do think NO U's are an interesting thing to be discussing, and I love that the KSiters have opened up these big metagame discussions for us! I always tend to think people are bad when they NO U, but now that I think of it I'm not totally sure why. I know I avoid doing it, as well, because people tend to take it as evidence you are bad, or at least can't build a coherent case against your opponent, so you tend to die a lot when you do it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Summer

Post by Summer »

FZ. wrote:
Summer wrote:
Actually, if anything, that seems like something a baddie would say. When someone goes after you when you're a baddie, you're sometimes afraid to go back after them because people will say it's a NO U (basically, it's going after the person who goes after you, I guess for no good reasons), or you're afraid that if it's between you and him, people will eventually learn that it was you and not him. So you make it look like you think he's a misguided townie or you don't understand why he's going after you and look more like a townie for not pushing for him. Let the others do the hard work.

You have a point and we see this on Ksite a lot, I just guess with the short days they have, I would think this option would be the one LESS chosen by scum who were afraid of being lynched. If she did this on Ksite, I might be calling her a baddie, too, but here, I don't know, it seems almost counter-productive NOT to go after him when there are obviously people willing to vote for him.

The pink italicized bolded (trying anything to make it show up more, lol), though, is a reeeeeeeally good point. I'm just not sure how I feel about voting for either of them, though. Because while it looked like Epig was attacking her later on, I have changed my mind. It really feels like two townies going at it. I am more concerned with the people who came in after. Like the player Dom. Their response to the whole thing just seemed too much like a convenient suspicion to latch onto. So, right now, I feel the most comfortable voting for them. I don't like it, because I haven't seen a lot of them and therefore, feel its unfair to vote for them, but I feel this was getting pushed into the forefront and it didn't feel like Epig and Mongoose doing the pushing.

And with that, I am off.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Turnip Head wrote:*grabs the mic*

Hello, game! Sorry for not getting into the thread sooner than this. Yesterday I was busy getting my soul crushed by my fantasy football team. And then today I was busy forgetting that this had begun. (Where's the embarrassed emoticon?)

I've barely watched any WWE in my day, so I'm missing the nostalgia factor and the theme-knowledge factor. But that's okay, because

I AM THE TURNIP HEAD. And as a head of turnip, I did not grow up in your world. In the lands of turnips where I come from, wrestling doesn't exist, and neither does futbol. For years I have let WWE toil away in the ignorant spaces of my mind. I have been content to mock its structure. Its flair for the OVERLY DRAMATIC. The cheesy monologues. The atrocious acting.

But none of that matters, because the truth is that there's plenty of scum out there. And it is up to us to not be ignorant; to bring it forth into the light, to expose the lies, to bring justice to this ham-filled world of posers and phoneys.

With this in mind, I read this post:
FZ. wrote:Before I leave for bed, there was one person, who I can't remember the name who was posting a lot of fluff (off topic) back and forth with A person (I think that was him, not sure). I remember expecting that person to be done with the fluff and start saying something with meat, but it didn't come. Now I don't remember who it was. Does anyone remember that? I think they were talking about names in another site, or something like that.
And it seems baity to I. FZ throws out some accusations at an idea, wanting someone else to do the research to tie supposed baddie behavior with a player. I don't really know how to explain how this post came off to me, but the word "manipulative" definitely comes to mind, which is not a word I associate with civvieness. Did anyone fall for it? Did anyone find what FZ was talking about? Does anyone else think it's weird that FZ didn't go back and look for himself?

I also saw some talk regarding the Ksite and how they don't lynch anyone on Day 1 sometimes? Turnip Head wonders how this works. Is there a "No Lynch" option? And does that really end up working out in the civvie's best interests? As often as Day 1 ends in tragedy, it also ultimately ends up providing useful info. A No Lynch doesn't seem to create any leads. What's the upside there?

I also disagree with the notion that a baddie lynch on Day 1 leads to complacency. It can lead to that, but we - being the great mafia players that we are - won't be sated by just one baddie lynch. We. Want. More.

Speaking of bloodthirst, it eeks from every pore of this post:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Now that I am caught up!!! I'm not sure about Mongoose. I feel like every time this happens with her we end up roasting a civ goose... But go ahead. I'd be interested in seeing the result :eye:
Devin has seen with his omnipotent mind that Mongoose gets lynched as a civvie for whatever reasons she's being suspected now, but Devin has no qualms with this potentially happening again. Devin only wants results. He doesn't seem to care what those results are. This seems to me an uneasy amount of curiosity.

Other than those posts, not much has stood out to me. I'm trying to get a feel for the player base since there's plenty of people here I've never played with. There's quite a bit of talking in this thread already, though some posts were light on substance and heavy on eye-searing quote-within-a-quote-within-a-quote-within-a-quote boxes.

Although I'm sure this post of mine isn't exactly easy on the eyes either, so I'll stop here.

:fiesta:
Also, I loved pretty much everything about this post.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Summer wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Summer wrote:

You have a point and we see this on Ksite a lot, I just guess with the short days they have, I would think this option would be the one LESS chosen by scum who were afraid of being lynched. If she did this on Ksite, I might be calling her a baddie, too, but here, I don't know, it seems almost counter-productive NOT to go after him when there are obviously people willing to vote for him.

The pink italicized bolded (trying anything to make it show up more, lol), though, is a reeeeeeeally good point. I'm just not sure how I feel about voting for either of them, though. Because while it looked like Epig was attacking her later on, I have changed my mind. It really feels like two townies going at it. I am more concerned with the people who came in after. Like the player Dom. Their response to the whole thing just seemed too much like a convenient suspicion to latch onto. So, right now, I feel the most comfortable voting for them. I don't like it, because I haven't seen a lot of them and therefore, feel its unfair to vote for them, but I feel this was getting pushed into the forefront and it didn't feel like Epig and Mongoose doing the pushing.

And with that, I am off.
I think I'm willing to give them both the BOTD, and vote for a low poster. I love that I don't feel so bad doing it here, because I'm new and I don't know them, haha. Low posters deserve to be lynched. Especially when it's a recurring thing. Now I need to make my mind and go to sleep
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Russtifinko wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:*grabs the mic*

Hello, game! Sorry for not getting into the thread sooner than this. Yesterday I was busy getting my soul crushed by my fantasy football team. And then today I was busy forgetting that this had begun. (Where's the embarrassed emoticon?)

I've barely watched any WWE in my day, so I'm missing the nostalgia factor and the theme-knowledge factor. But that's okay, because

I AM THE TURNIP HEAD. And as a head of turnip, I did not grow up in your world. In the lands of turnips where I come from, wrestling doesn't exist, and neither does futbol. For years I have let WWE toil away in the ignorant spaces of my mind. I have been content to mock its structure. Its flair for the OVERLY DRAMATIC. The cheesy monologues. The atrocious acting.

But none of that matters, because the truth is that there's plenty of scum out there. And it is up to us to not be ignorant; to bring it forth into the light, to expose the lies, to bring justice to this ham-filled world of posers and phoneys.

With this in mind, I read this post:
FZ. wrote:Before I leave for bed, there was one person, who I can't remember the name who was posting a lot of fluff (off topic) back and forth with A person (I think that was him, not sure). I remember expecting that person to be done with the fluff and start saying something with meat, but it didn't come. Now I don't remember who it was. Does anyone remember that? I think they were talking about names in another site, or something like that.
And it seems baity to I. FZ throws out some accusations at an idea, wanting someone else to do the research to tie supposed baddie behavior with a player. I don't really know how to explain how this post came off to me, but the word "manipulative" definitely comes to mind, which is not a word I associate with civvieness. Did anyone fall for it? Did anyone find what FZ was talking about? Does anyone else think it's weird that FZ didn't go back and look for himself?

I also saw some talk regarding the Ksite and how they don't lynch anyone on Day 1 sometimes? Turnip Head wonders how this works. Is there a "No Lynch" option? And does that really end up working out in the civvie's best interests? As often as Day 1 ends in tragedy, it also ultimately ends up providing useful info. A No Lynch doesn't seem to create any leads. What's the upside there?

I also disagree with the notion that a baddie lynch on Day 1 leads to complacency. It can lead to that, but we - being the great mafia players that we are - won't be sated by just one baddie lynch. We. Want. More.

Speaking of bloodthirst, it eeks from every pore of this post:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Now that I am caught up!!! I'm not sure about Mongoose. I feel like every time this happens with her we end up roasting a civ goose... But go ahead. I'd be interested in seeing the result :eye:
Devin has seen with his omnipotent mind that Mongoose gets lynched as a civvie for whatever reasons she's being suspected now, but Devin has no qualms with this potentially happening again. Devin only wants results. He doesn't seem to care what those results are. This seems to me an uneasy amount of curiosity.

Other than those posts, not much has stood out to me. I'm trying to get a feel for the player base since there's plenty of people here I've never played with. There's quite a bit of talking in this thread already, though some posts were light on substance and heavy on eye-searing quote-within-a-quote-within-a-quote-within-a-quote boxes.

Although I'm sure this post of mine isn't exactly easy on the eyes either, so I'll stop here.

:fiesta:
Also, I loved pretty much everything about this post.
Thanks for digging this up. I wanted to reply to it, but forgot. I loved this post too...except for the part where he thinks I'm a baddie for trying to throw suspicions in the air of course :p
So I had two things to say, in reply to what TH said about me, it was 2 freaking am when I wrote that post and wanted to go to bed. I thought maybe someone caught that too, and was too tired to go back and look. I'm lazy that way. I just remembered it was something that crossed my mind, but I forgot to mention. And when I try to frame someone, I actually name the person I try to frame, because otherwise, it kind of misses the whole point :slick:

As for the Ksite lynches. I'm usually all for day 1 lynches, so I agree, but most people feel bad lynching a person on the first day because they are too nice, and since our days last 5 real days, the game is very long, and it means a person will be out and bored for a very long time...so they want to be more sure. So we end up waiting for day 2 to lynch the civ :shrug: And the way it works is we need to reach a minimum number of votes to get a lynch. So we can end up not lynching even after day 1 if people don't agree. But that hardly happens.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm looking in Summer's direction for my vote now, mainly because of this post:
Summer wrote:

Summer says she's too methodical and over-analytical during this 48 hour period, but all that that method and analysis has led her to is a vote for a no-show. It's day 1, so I don't feel that voting for a non-participant will lead to anything at all. And if said no-show is lynched, be they civvie or baddie, it won't even give us anything to go on in the future because there's no actual suspicion and thus there won't be anything for us to analyze on Day 2. It seems like too easy of a decision for someone who prides themselves on analysis. Fishy.

Also, this:
Summer wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

If you are pretty sure he knows you're not a baddie, then do you think he is pushing for your lynch as a baddie himself? I've seen your thoughts on the whole hulabaloo this has made of the thread, but I don't think I've seen your thoughts on Epig and his motives for voting for you. Do you have any thoughts on that? You said he has motivated reasons, which I haven't gotten to those yet, but if as you say, you think he knows you're not bad, why haven't you voted for him yet? Do you feel he is simply misguided?
Seems to be baiting Mongoose into making a No U against Epi. Asking her why she isn't suspicious of Epi because of his vote. Making leaps in logic for Mongoose hoping she will pick up on it. Summer could just be asking what she thinks are pertinent questions, but to me it looks like manipulation and trying to add more fuel to Mongoose vs Epi even though I think most of us agree that there isn't much to this on either side of the coin.
Mongoose wrote:
He ALWAYS does this, so pay him no mind. He will sometimes vote for a player that votes Lizzy, so watch out for that. It's very expected behavior of him.
What? He always votes for himself? So pay him no attention? What does voting for yourself ever accomplish? 0_0
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Elohcin »

Day 1 random vote - Mongoose.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Elohcin wrote:Day 1 random vote - Mongoose.
So you just randomly picked the person most talked about in the thread?

I was really struggling to decide, but that really helped. Thanks :p
*votes* -Elohcin
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

randomized rey
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

FZ. wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Day 1 random vote - Mongoose.
So you just randomly picked the person most talked about in the thread?

I was really struggling to decide, but that really helped. Thanks :p
*votes* -Elohcin
I'm not sure I follow. I don't think it's that outrageous that she randomized Mongoose. Stuff happens. :p Like when I randomize myself. :D
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Matahari »

MP- you asked for my thoughts? The first couple days are my 'feels' gathering days, and I have been slightly pinged here and there, but nothing I would take to the bank yet. I'll share some thoughts but they might mean nothing.

I can't really find mongoose suspicious for what she said- but she can be very good at being a baddie. So she might be bad, but I wouldn't connect her affiliation to her off the wall comment. Can't really tell anything about epig either yet. He seems to do this kind of vote on day 1, fairly often, whether good or bad.

I will have trouble trusting Devin (and Russti!) again after meat boy XD but in this post below, I was more pinged by Dom.

Dom wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I have seriously no idea. This is all greek to me!
So, apparently the towers is HQ, so I'm just going with that.
This!!

I've played with you before, CBK, and I'm sorry to bring attention to you for this IF it doesn't mean a thing.

But this single post stood out to me among all of the giberish that has spilled out into this thread. You know who resides in the WWE HQ? The McMahans! And the Rock according to Epig's video. Despite DF having said that noone had info on the Day 0 poll, this feels like something a McMahan would say. So unfortunately MP will not be getting my vote today.

*votes*
So, the host lied to us?
It seemed clear enough to me that devin was saying he knew what the host said, but still thought a baddie would choose the towers. I don't necessarily agree with that, but it could be. :shrug: but Dom did his little tricky thing there of twisting what devin said and making it sound like something different. I keep random notes when people say things from a false pov, but try to withhold judgement about it, in case it was a misunderstanding. But in dom's case, it seems like he does that a lot, and it reminds me of supernatural.

Anyway, it's not enough for a vote, that's just in the ping category. Back to devin, I thought he sounded kind of flip and in your face earlier, but mp knows his style better than I do. I'd rather observe for awhile.

Crapton of linkies, let me catch up what I missed.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Matahari wrote:Can't really tell anything about epig either yet. He seems to do this kind of vote on day 1, fairly often, whether good or bad.
Indeed. He likes to apply a bit of pressure to see reactions for sure.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me