Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 1

Post by Boomslang »

A Person wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Stuff happens. :p Like when I randomize myself. :D
The gods of random are not to be trifled with. :noble:
Man, I can't help but disagree with all the random. There's a decent amount to go on in the first day; things may not be rock solid, but Mafia rarely is. Of course, this is just another one of those playstyle clashes.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Boomslang »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Mongoose wrote:If we lynch any, I promise not to look them in the mouth!

And yes, I agree that a civ lynch has less impact on the game. The chances are SO high we will lynch a civ on Day 1 (I mean so, so high. 80%?) that I feel like a no-lynch is a nice respite. A chance to take a deep breath before being plunged in to icy cold water again for another day of The Tumble Cycle. (I wish I could narrate this for you).

We get one more day to get our bearings. Cause then if we do lynch a baddie on Day 2, we have enough info for the intel we gained from it to actually be meaningful and helpful.
Well, just for clarification, the odds of a civ lynch are (18/30)*100%, or 60%. If you include the independents, the chances go up to 70%, but as the role descriptions lead me to believe that at least two indies are last man standing roles, I don't think that's accurate. So it's not quite as hopeless!
Oooh, math'd! Thanks, that was cool, Boomslang. I'm visual, so it helped to see that.
Does anyone else think this sounded a little too....helpful?
Well, it was enthusiastic, but then again I have been known to get excited about math from time to time :p
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

WrathofGod hasn't checked in at all since the game actually started, so that is where I am putting my vote today. Hopefully it will encourage her to come on up and see us sometime.

* Vote WrathofGod *
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:WrathofGod hasn't checked in at all since the game actually started, so that is where I am putting my vote today. Hopefully it will encourage her to come on up and see us sometime.

* Vote WrathofGod *
I am pretty sure she forgot she even joined a mafia game/is too busy lately.
Summer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Summer »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm looking in Summer's direction for my vote now, mainly because of this post:
Summer wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:No thoughts at all yet, Summer or FZ, on whom you will vote for?
I know FZ has, but I really have no clue. I have no strong suspicions, just little inklings that if I had a Ksite full day, I would investigate into more. I am trying to read the thread quickly before I leave work, but so far, nothing has screamed BADDIE and I don't like just voting for someone without a strong reason.

The only ones I would consider right now are people who haven't posted. If there are none of those, I will look at who I have been getting weird vibes off the most and go for them. I'm waaaaaaaaay too methodical and over-analytical for such a short day! :haha:
Summer says she's too methodical and over-analytical during this 48 hour period, but all that that method and analysis has led her to is a vote for a no-show. It's day 1, so I don't feel that voting for a non-participant will lead to anything at all. And if said no-show is lynched, be they civvie or baddie, it won't even give us anything to go on in the future because there's no actual suspicion and thus there won't be anything for us to analyze on Day 2. It seems like too easy of a decision for someone who prides themselves on analysis. Fishy.
Actually, what I said was because of my style I am uncomfortable with voting for anyone BUT a non-poster because I don't like just voting for people willy-nilly. With a non-poster they have given nothing; its contradictory but I feel sometimes they are the safest choices because at least Epig and Mongoose are giving us things.
Also, this:
Summer wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:Mongoose, I don't believe you ever answered my question on the previous page.

Why do you feel Epi voted for you?
Sorry, I totally missed that.

I am not sure, but they are motivated reasons. He can read me pretty good as civ when hardly anyone else did (Exhibit A: The Island over on RM), so I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not bad.
If you are pretty sure he knows you're not a baddie, then do you think he is pushing for your lynch as a baddie himself? I've seen your thoughts on the whole hulabaloo this has made of the thread, but I don't think I've seen your thoughts on Epig and his motives for voting for you. Do you have any thoughts on that? You said he has motivated reasons, which I haven't gotten to those yet, but if as you say, you think he knows you're not bad, why haven't you voted for him yet? Do you feel he is simply misguided?
Seems to be baiting Mongoose into making a No U against Epi. Asking her why she isn't suspicious of Epi because of his vote. Making leaps in logic for Mongoose hoping she will pick up on it. Summer could just be asking what she thinks are pertinent questions, but to me it looks like manipulation and trying to add more fuel to Mongoose vs Epi even though I think most of us agree that there isn't much to this on either side of the coin.
I wasn't the only one who asked this. I was one of three. Curious how you either are ignoring that or missed it. Also, I commended Mongoose on NOT doing this. Funny how you missed that, as well. I am going to chalk this up to you not reading fully and focusing on posts that made you suspicious. I am also one of the ones who AGREES that there isn't much to the Epig/Mongoose argument. I am also going to honest that I really dislike when people choose to focus on certain things instead of the entire line of thinking. Because if you had, you would have followed my thought process.

To me, this looks like you are attempting to fit my posts into a suspicion you want, so cutting and pasting my thoughts as you want. Because as I pointed out, you've overlooked a few things about my posts this day. Along with the fact that I voted, too, and it was NOT for a non-poster.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

I've ultimately decided to vote for a no-show as I've got nothing better to go on. That no show will be...... Dex.

*Votes*
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 267

Post by kneel4justice »

Do we have to vote this game?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Why is everyone voting random low posters. I must have missed how that is relevant.
Because you don't want someone talkative like Mongoose lynched? Well at the moment if that's the case instead of a random low poster with no votes, if you really wanted Mongoose to live, you should be voting for a low poster who already has a vote. Wouldn't that make more sense?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

kneel4justice wrote:Why is everyone voting random low posters. I must have missed how that is relevant.
Because you don't want someone talkative like Mongoose lynched? Well at the moment if that's the case instead of a random low poster with no votes, if you really wanted Mongoose to live, you should be voting for a low poster who already has a vote. Wouldn't that make more sense?
I voted Dex because he has had almost 96 hours to post but hasn't done yet, and when I'm not sure who to vote on day 1 I'll vote for someone who isn't playing so those who are can continue to do so. I hadn't actually realised how spread the vote is atm though or I might have acted differently but oh well. Also yes, you do pretty much have to vote. There are usually punishments if people miss several votes.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Mongoose wrote:So be it. If you mislynch me again tonight, maybe some of you will at least be able to read me better for future games.
I don't know how I feel about you, but the "again" makes me feel like you're trying to make people doubt themselves based on previous games, yet games are independent of each other. Just because people are wrong about you one time, doesn't mean the next they're not right. But I don't know if you're just under this kind of pressure as a townie.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I don't know half of the people on the tally, and I don't know if that's because they haven't posted or because they have and I just don't know them. I don't really feel like voting, but if we have to I guess I should lol. But I don't know who to vote for, and I feel like lynching someone just because they haven't posted isn't really fair. Uh...............
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:I don't know half of the people on the tally, and I don't know if that's because they haven't posted or because they have and I just don't know them. I don't really feel like voting, but if we have to I guess I should lol. But I don't know who to vote for, and I feel like lynching someone just because they haven't posted isn't really fair. Uh...............
Then lynch someone for any number of incredulous reasons. Perhaps they have a username that starts with a k. Perhaps they have a terrible celebrity as an avatar. Perhaps they have a number in their username. Perhaps they post in blue. Perhaps they are unsure about voting someone on Day 1. Perhaps they only have 36 total posts on The Syndicate. Perhaps they joined The Syndicate Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 8:35 pm EST.

Come on! The possibilities are endless!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Loulou26 »

Mongoose wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Mongoose: I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.

Epi: Third, what does "spirals...our of control for days on end" mean?

Mongoose: I might be prone to hyperbole, but who is to say? What I mean is that after finding a baddie, we went on this crazy hallucinogenic-fueled trip that was evocative of Fear and Loathing that I thought would ever end! Finger pointing based on those who "obvious baddies" who were blendy by voting Eloh. The obvious baddies who did not vote her. The obvious baddies who did not vote for one of the main vote-catchers. That runaway train slid off the rails for a while. Baddies seized the opprtunity and sowed fear into the group, and brother fought against brother. The baddie body had ways to try to shut that whole thing down, and they almost did!

++++

In other words, she talks about multiple games spiraling out of control after the lynch of a foe on Day 1, but her discussion on that point is limited to a single game.
Not to mention I don't think Homestar was ever really 'under control' in its early days. We were all over the place. Maybe she just picked a bad example here but Mongoose is looking increasingly less good to me. She almost seems averse to lynching a baddie by talking about how it has seemingly negative consequences (causing the game to spiral out of control). I don't think I've ever seen a civ not want to lynch baddies, no matter which day we're on.
Epignosis wrote:
Well, I was Big Daddy, so that one was awesome. :p
Yeah until you betrayed us all. Traitor.

:p
Okay, I feel like my words are being deliberately twisted now. I made one comment; I did not derail the thread. The harping on what I said has derailed the thread.

I'm replying to Bullzeye, but this isn't just addressed to him, so don't think I'm just singling him out.

Please quote where I said I did not want to lynch baddies. Please quote anywhere where I espoused anything but pointing out an upside for our Day 1 vote turnout. I've espoused this opinion in several games, so I find this harping quite opportunistic (and savvy civs will see this guise as what it is -- an opportunity to have you knock off a strong player ab initio.

Dev - what the heck man.
I'm not sure I like where all the suspicion is coming from for you. Are you normally heavily suspected? Cos this seems a little much for such a short amount of time playing.

Also, I have to say that I HATE that I can't just find the last post I made, I am losing my place all the time in here when I come back Idk where I left off! LOL
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

S~V~S wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Dom wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Now that I am caught up!!! I'm not sure about Mongoose. I feel like every time this happens with her we end up roasting a civ goose... But go ahead. I'd be interested in seeing the result :eye:
At first, I wasn't buying the Mongoose case...
But I don't like how she's been responding to Epig-- at all. I also think SVS brought an excellent point up about trying to deflect everything into the Off Topic. If I had to vote now, it'd be for Mongoose.
This is actually a very good point. But I saw something else from someone else that caught my attention more. BRB! :lorab:
This post pings the hell out of me, as well as its follow up about CBK.
What exactly about it makes you suspicious? Or are you suspicious? Is being suspicious the same as something pinging for you?
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, phew! One game caught up, two more to go...

So I think at least one KSiter asked about lynches... regardless of the number of votes someone receives, it is incredibly typical that someone is always lynched (barring any sort of special role power interference).

And Turnip Head, they have to have a specific number of votes for someone to die over there, so it is possible for no one to die if the votes are spread out.

I do NOT like the way the thread is going, at all. I do not get the suspicions on Mongoose, to be frank. She seems to be suffering from "Elo" syndrome, where she says something that someone thinks is odd, then others chime in saying it's odd, and then here come the votes! I've seen this end way too many times badly and I just don't get the suspicion at all. It's total BS.

Does odd equal suspicious? Last I checked, not necessarily. Therefore...

Epignosis wrote:I'm sorry- your comment about finding a bad guy day one is just absurd. When you find a bad guy day 1, that is time for rejoicing. You get information AND you net a kill. That remark makes no sense to me.
This caught my eye. I think I'm more apt to believe we have a ballsy Epig like we had in Bioshock than a civvie-friendly Epig at this point. In my eyes, civvie-friendly Epig would never fall into the trap of "makes no sense = suspicious". Sure, he likes to catch players making contradictions, but just because he disagrees with Mongoose about a silly comment she made, this makes her bad?

Tell me, Epig, what sort of motivation would Mongoose have to make a comment about that if she were bad?

I'm not convinced.

Matahari wrote:Thank you ksiters. I'm not super comfy with lead-footers on day 1, but having a no lynch option puts a much better perspective on it. I wish we had something like that.

Mongooses comment made me do a double take, because I think no matter who gets lynched, the mafia will find a way to manipulate it. I can't come up with any reason for wanting to avoid a baddie lynch. Then I reread her post, and I got the impression that she wasn't comparing a baddie vs. civvie lynch, but rather a baddie vs. no lynch. I guess that sounds better :shrug: but its still kinda odd.
Kinda odd, yes. Makes no sense, yes.

With everyone chiming in now and saying they will be voting Mongoose, maybe it's just the paranoia, but alarm bells are going off in my head. I highly doubt I'll be voting for her unless someone can show to me how what she's saying makes her baddie.
Me neither. Something doesn't feel right. It kinda feels like someone saw an opportunity to use something she said against her and others have roled with it.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lou - I don't know if I am usually heavily suspected, but I tend to get a good bit of heat in nearly every game due to my "zany playstyle" or whatnot.

Which isn't totally accidental. Baddies won't NK me while I take so much heat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I voted Elochin because I think it forces others to actually think about their decisions than waste their vote. Plus I too don't like his vote for Mongoose. I don't know that I really suspect him though. But I wanted my vote to do something productive, even though I'd much rather not have voted.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I really don't want to vote for someone who hasn't posted yet but right now I'm not seeing anything that really makes me want to vote anyone else. I think its to early to tell and I don't know a lot of these people. The whole mongoose thing about how it messes everything up lynching a baddie early made me raise an eyebrow because in the lost game on rev we played together a baddie was lynched day one and I don't think it spiraled out of control I think it help find baddies .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

kneel4justice wrote:I voted Elochin because I think it forces others to actually think about their decisions than waste their vote. Plus I too don't like his vote for Mongoose. I don't know that I really suspect him though. But I wanted my vote to do something productive, even though I'd much rather not have voted.
I'm confused by what you are saying . You voted her because she voted for someone that you think is a waste so you vote for her saying that you don'y suspect her isn't that the same thing as wasting a vote?
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:So be it. If you mislynch me again tonight, maybe some of you will at least be able to read me better for future games.
That's awfully defeatist of you when you only have one vote and there are twenty-seven more to be cast.
If you were in my position, you'd feel defeatist too.
I get wanting to defend yourself when being suspected but this feels like you're giving up and you only have the one vote. You aren't anywhere close to being lynched IMO. So I wonder where this defeat is coming from.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Boomslang wrote:
A Person wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Stuff happens. :p Like when I randomize myself. :D
The gods of random are not to be trifled with. :noble:
Man, I can't help but disagree with all the random. There's a decent amount to go on in the first day; things may not be rock solid, but Mafia rarely is. Of course, this is just another one of those playstyle clashes.
Yeah I've been playing mafia for years and I can count the number of day 1 baddie lynches I recall playing during on one hand, lol. So as a result I usually just randomize due to having little confidence in day 1 suspish. :p
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Mongoose wrote:
Summer wrote: Do y'all HAVE to lynch?
Partially it depends on DF's stance on ties. If each person had one vote, would he a) flip a coin or b) a tie = no lynch (like when Epi himself hosts). A lot of hosts will punish non-voters (especially if it happens more than once), so I'd make sure you get those in by deadline (even if you feel a bit squirrelly about your selection).
Hmm, seems a weird way of doing it. I don't like being forced to vote if I don't feel all that suspicious of someone this early on. Doesn't feel right to me.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Now as to voting...

Very typically, yes, there has to be a lynch. The only host I've ever seen disobey this standard is Epig, who seems to have made it a personal tradition to not lynch anyone when there is a tie. Other than that, I've always seen ties as coin flip/dice roll among those with the most votes, even if it is only 1 vote.

Along those same lines, I hardly ever see a game where you can re-vote. Once it's cast, it's cast. That's at least 9 times out of 10, anyway.

I would think both of those are the case here, BUT

Doesn't hurt to ask.

DF, what do you do in case of ties, AND, can we change our votes?

Aha I see. Lol I can see why you were so happy to find out that you could change your vote as much as you wanted on Ksite then :p
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:I don't know half of the people on the tally, and I don't know if that's because they haven't posted or because they have and I just don't know them. I don't really feel like voting, but if we have to I guess I should lol. But I don't know who to vote for, and I feel like lynching someone just because they haven't posted isn't really fair. Uh...............
Then lynch someone for any number of incredulous reasons. Perhaps they have a username that starts with a k. Perhaps they have a terrible celebrity as an avatar. Perhaps they have a number in their username. Perhaps they post in blue. Perhaps they are unsure about voting someone on Day 1. Perhaps they only have 36 total posts on The Syndicate. Perhaps they joined The Syndicate Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 8:35 pm EST.

Come on! The possibilities are endless!
:haha:

I wish we had the "polite giggle" smilie from Rev but that post was pretty fuuny Epi.

I am leaning towards MP with my vote today. I finally caught up with the thread and really can't make heads or tails of the little things that players are picking each other apart for.

After k4j pointed out my "I am a civvie" post MP made this post:
MovingPictures07 wrote:For the record, K4J, I agree with you regarding Sorsha's post; it seemed unnecessary to me, as if she's trying too hard. BUT I have heard of games where those types of statements were "checkable", so maybe it's possible. Seems rarer to me though and kind of pointless, but I suppose her post could be completely legit. I don't THINK I've ever played one where statements that blatant were checkable by a lie detector role though.

Consequently, I'm not sure her post really means anything at all. I don't think it really tells me anything, especially this early in the game. But, out of curiosity, do others agree here with my assessment and was anyone else wildly pinged by that statement?

Bullzeye wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
S~V~S wrote: @Faraday~ Does anyone have info about this poll?
MovingPictures07 wrote:DF is a nice host; I would never reveal anything like that. :feb:

Given no one has info... and it seems Parts Unknown is probably the most logical, I am going with that.
Ok. This is once again weird to me but I have a feeling it's just something that happens on this site.
Can someone explain this information on poll things, is it linked to a role or random? Does it happen to scum, townies or both.
Because it would seem to me that asking if people have information would put scum on the hunt for who has it and give them an idea of who needs to be eliminated. So why ask?
Info is sometimes given to each faction, so the baddies would each have an option to push while a couple of civs would know the best option for all of us and the indy/neutral players may or may not be told what to vote for as well. Apparently it hasn't happened in this game though but when it does it's helpful to know so we can consider who is pushing particular options.
Precisely.

These Day 0 polls can come in various shapes and sizes are completely customizable, BUT, that being said, the typical Day 0 poll that I've seen over the past three and a half years of playing mafia, if there ever was a 'typical' one, was an info/faction sort of poll. One option could benefit one baddie team, one could benefit another, etc.

Since no one has information, it's unlikely we're seeing a typical info/faction poll here.

But that said, interestingly, there are four different locations -- AND four different factions (civvies, one baddie team, another baddie team, independents... even though they aren't aligned), but it could just be a coincidence. If it isn't a coincidence, apparently nothing can be gleamed anyway, given no one has information, so even if there was an option that might benefit some faction, that faction would not know about it.

Now if DF had given a vague answer or said affirmatively that players had information regarding the poll, then perhaps information as to who was manipulating the thread might have been speculated. Because of this, I personally feel it never hurts to ask the host for clarification.
After I read it the first time I thought he agreed with k4j which pinged me... it just doesn't seem very civvie-MP to me to jump on something like "Oh yeah, I thought that too".... but then to go on and just be so.... wishy washy about it. Once he was called on it he said he didn't think I was suspicious. I guess reading his post it could go either way. Its just weird to me.

I could also possibly go for an Epi vote, he seemed to be trying to get a rise out of k4j on day 0 with the "I'm voting for you tomorrow" posts..... and then he didn't. I've not played a ton of games with Epi but seeing him make that change was also pingy to me.

Or maybe vompatti or the other self voter... A Person I think it is? A self vote is just a cop out on day one, (mostly) everyone else is making some kind of effort to put some thought into their vote, even if its something small. There was a LP player who was notorious for doing it until he started getting lynched day one for it. That put a stop to it.

Anyway... one of those guys will likely get my vote. Now that I have this all written I think I'm leaning more towards the self voters than the other two just because if either of the other two are civvies I know they are beneficial to have around.

Sorry if this seems rushed, I'm supposed to be working :p Be back later.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:No thoughts at all yet, Summer or FZ, on whom you will vote for?
I just said I'd vote for Epig the post before.
Oh, LOL, my bad! I missed that somehow. Is he the only one to catch your eye?

To be honest, I'm having a hard time keeping up with two games and this one has a lot more catching up to do (I blame the my Ksite friends for talking too much :p) not to mention too many new names. My strategy this game is trying to focus on one person who catches my eye. And when I see something that I feel I need to comment on something, I do. But I'm taking my time with this game.
Mongoose was one that I thought was suspicious. After what's gone down today, I'm not sure what to think about her. I don't know her and maybe I should trust those who know her better, but I hate "obvious" evidence. I think 90% of the time, it's civvies that make mistakes that seem scummy and obvious.

FZ I'm starting to get a little concerned with the fact that you are constantly telling us why you're playing the way you're playing. What your strategy is. It's not like you. Maybe it is because we're on a new site, but maybe you're a baddie and not sure how to handle it over here. Idk, something feels weird with you.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:Mongoose, I don't believe you ever answered my question on the previous page.

I am not sure, but they are motivated reasons. He can read me pretty good as civ when hardly anyone else did (Exhibit A: The Island over on RM), so I'm pretty sure he knows I'm not bad.
So you essentially say he knows you're not bad. Now, I don't want to put words in your mouth, so I'll ask: that should also suggest to you that he knows this because he's bad, correct?

Yet you're hardly confronting him head on about this and building a case or even placing your vote and confidence in that direction? :huh:

Hmm interesting observation.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Loulou26 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
That's awfully defeatist of you when you only have one vote and there are twenty-seven more to be cast.
If you were in my position, you'd feel defeatist too.
I get wanting to defend yourself when being suspected but this feels like you're giving up and you only have the one vote. You aren't anywhere close to being lynched IMO. So I wonder where this defeat is coming from.
I just don't like feeling like I'm spinning my wheels. But then I remembered it's Epi and I am speculating he might be doing this to gauge my reaction and I felt better. Also, I had a snack.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

kneel4justice wrote:I voted Elochin because I think it forces others to actually think about their decisions than waste their vote. Plus I too don't like his vote for Mongoose. I don't know that I really suspect him though. But I wanted my vote to do something productive, even though I'd much rather not have voted.
You just voted for Epi's wife.... now you're really going to be on his shit-list. :srsnod:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Sorsha wrote:Or maybe vompatti or the other self voter... A Person I think it is? A self vote is just a cop out on day one, (mostly) everyone else is making some kind of effort to put some thought into their vote, even if its something small. There was a LP player who was notorious for doing it until he started getting lynched day one for it. That put a stop to it.
I have been lynched several times for self voting/randomizing. :sigh:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:
Speaking of bloodthirst, it eeks from every pore of this post:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Now that I am caught up!!! I'm not sure about Mongoose. I feel like every time this happens with her we end up roasting a civ goose... But go ahead. I'd be interested in seeing the result :eye:
Devin has seen with his omnipotent mind that Mongoose gets lynched as a civvie for whatever reasons she's being suspected now, but Devin has no qualms with this potentially happening again. Devin only wants results. He doesn't seem to care what those results are. This seems to me an uneasy amount of curiosity.

Other than those posts, not much has stood out to me. I'm trying to get a feel for the player base since there's plenty of people here I've never played with. There's quite a bit of talking in this thread already, though some posts were light on substance and heavy on eye-searing quote-within-a-quote-within-a-quote-within-a-quote boxes.

Although I'm sure this post of mine isn't exactly easy on the eyes either, so I'll stop here.

:fiesta:
Yeah, more than anyone I have been pinged by Devin. I am sorry if he had a bad day~ me too I just got back from a wake, the roads around here are slicker than snot, and i almost had 2 accidents on the way home, and i slipped on the ice and think I am gonna lose at least one fingernail :derp: so i can relate. But hell day aside, Devin tweaks me so I am voting for him.

*Votes Devin*
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Bullzeye wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Whoops wrong game.

What I meant to say is:

If I went after Epi with nothing other than "Oh hey I don't like it when you suspect me", even if they are ridic, that's not much better than a big fat NO U argument, and I can do better than that.

Honestly, I don't like the NO U policy you have here. If you think someone is supposed to know you're a civ, (though I always think people who know me should know I'm a civvie yet time and time again, they surprise me), why not say that the fact he's voting for you doesn't sit well with you? Because people will say it's a big fat NO U? Sounds silly to me.
I think there's nothing wrong with a NO U if it's based on more than just petty revenge. Like I've voted for people in the past for making cases against me that were blatant lies. Plus sometimes you just happen to suspect someone who also suspects (or claims to suspect) you. So yeah, I agree with you here.

I agree. I tend to suspect people who really go after me when I'm a townie because on some level I think they should be able to see when I'm a civvie. It doesn't make sense to me when they suspect me so I always end up wondering if they're bad and trying to push suspicion onto me.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm looking in Summer's direction for my vote now, mainly because of this post:
Summer wrote:
I know FZ has, but I really have no clue. I have no strong suspicions, just little inklings that if I had a Ksite full day, I would investigate into more. I am trying to read the thread quickly before I leave work, but so far, nothing has screamed BADDIE and I don't like just voting for someone without a strong reason.

The only ones I would consider right now are people who haven't posted. If there are none of those, I will look at who I have been getting weird vibes off the most and go for them. I'm waaaaaaaaay too methodical and over-analytical for such a short day! :haha:
Summer says she's too methodical and over-analytical during this 48 hour period, but all that that method and analysis has led her to is a vote for a no-show. It's day 1, so I don't feel that voting for a non-participant will lead to anything at all. And if said no-show is lynched, be they civvie or baddie, it won't even give us anything to go on in the future because there's no actual suspicion and thus there won't be anything for us to analyze on Day 2. It seems like too easy of a decision for someone who prides themselves on analysis. Fishy.

Also, this:
Summer wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

If you are pretty sure he knows you're not a baddie, then do you think he is pushing for your lynch as a baddie himself? I've seen your thoughts on the whole hulabaloo this has made of the thread, but I don't think I've seen your thoughts on Epig and his motives for voting for you. Do you have any thoughts on that? You said he has motivated reasons, which I haven't gotten to those yet, but if as you say, you think he knows you're not bad, why haven't you voted for him yet? Do you feel he is simply misguided?
Seems to be baiting Mongoose into making a No U against Epi. Asking her why she isn't suspicious of Epi because of his vote. Making leaps in logic for Mongoose hoping she will pick up on it. Summer could just be asking what she thinks are pertinent questions, but to me it looks like manipulation and trying to add more fuel to Mongoose vs Epi even though I think most of us agree that there isn't much to this on either side of the coin.
Mongoose wrote:
Summer wrote:Also, can anyone shed any light what the player Vompatti voted for themselves?
He ALWAYS does this, so pay him no mind. He will sometimes vote for a player that votes Lizzy, so watch out for that. It's very expected behavior of him.
What? He always votes for himself? So pay him no attention? What does voting for yourself ever accomplish? 0_0
To first part of your post, I agree that voting a low poster will get us nowhere. How would we learn anything from that? So I think I will be voting someone who has been posting a lot more. I just don't know who yet.

The second part...I don't really agree with because someone else also asked that question, yet I don't see you mention them here. I think she was just genuinely asking that question is all. She wasn't asking why she wasn't suspicious of him because of his vote, she was asking because Mongoose said something him knowing she was a civvie, therefore if he is suspecting her, why is she not picking up on that. I think that's a valid question.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

To answer the question that came up, in case of a tie, I will randomize between the tied people.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lou - I don't know that Epi is a civvie. I think Llama Lo is a civvie in another game, and posted it here instead in answer to someone's question. I think that's where the confusion lies. I'm taking heat in both games so I don't know which way is up :D

Anyway, just to recapitulate, I am totally unsure of EPi's alignment, so that's why I'm not putting together a case on him. He likes to poke people to gauge their reactions. So for now, me building a case on him would be coming from a place of vengeance.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Mongoose wrote:WrathofGod hasn't checked in at all since the game actually started, so that is where I am putting my vote today. Hopefully it will encourage her to come on up and see us sometime.

* Vote WrathofGod *

Is that the only reason you're voting her? Because it's not really going to help us with any info is it? I think we need to lynch someone who could actually give us something to go on in day 2
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OMG I LOVE YOU <3
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Summer wrote:
Summer wrote:

Actually, what I said was because of my style I am uncomfortable with voting for anyone BUT a non-poster because I don't like just voting for people willy-nilly. With a non-poster they have given nothing; its contradictory but I feel sometimes they are the safest choices because at least Epig and Mongoose are giving us things.
Also, this:
Summer wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

I wasn't the only one who asked this. I was one of three. Curious how you either are ignoring that or missed it. Also, I commended Mongoose on NOT doing this. Funny how you missed that, as well. I am going to chalk this up to you not reading fully and focusing on posts that made you suspicious. I am also one of the ones who AGREES that there isn't much to the Epig/Mongoose argument. I am also going to honest that I really dislike when people choose to focus on certain things instead of the entire line of thinking. Because if you had, you would have followed my thought process.

To me, this looks like you are attempting to fit my posts into a suspicion you want, so cutting and pasting my thoughts as you want. Because as I pointed out, you've overlooked a few things about my posts this day. Along with the fact that I voted, too, and it was NOT for a non-poster.
I think I agree with this. It didn't really sit well with me either. It seemed like he wanted to make it something bigger than it was and didn't really give all the details of what you said.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Loulou26 wrote:

* Vote WrathofGod *

Is that the only reason you're voting her? Because it's not really going to help us with any info is it? I think we need to lynch someone who could actually give us something to go on in day 2
We get info regardless of who's lynched, even if it just confirms that someone's a civ.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Mongoose wrote:Lou - I don't know if I am usually heavily suspected, but I tend to get a good bit of heat in nearly every game due to my "zany playstyle" or whatnot.

Which isn't totally accidental. Baddies won't NK me while I take so much heat.

Hah OMG I know this feeling well!! This happens to me every time I'm a townie on Ksite. It's actually why I prefer being a baddie LOL
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Oh, hey, I have a vote. :(

So, I pretty much don't know what's going on. I have to catch up (skim) 5 or 6 pages and vote. I came home from the end of the semester to discover that the internet wasn't working... again. So, hopefully the new modem comes tomorrow. Sorry friends.

I'll do my best to post a couple of times tonight regarding my thoughts so far.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

A Person wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:

* Vote WrathofGod *

We get info regardless of who's lynched, even if it just confirms that someone's a civ.
She could very well be baddie. Every civ lost is a bad, but she's hardly helping the civ cause by posting 0 times. Why not her or Zany Dex etc. The info will be just as good if we pick something at random.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Mongoose wrote:Lou - I don't know that Epi is a civvie. I think Llama Lo is a civvie in another game, and posted it here instead in answer to someone's question. I think that's where the confusion lies. I'm taking heat in both games so I don't know which way is up :D

Anyway, just to recapitulate, I am totally unsure of EPi's alignment, so that's why I'm not putting together a case on him. He likes to poke people to gauge their reactions. So for now, me building a case on him would be coming from a place of vengeance.
I get you, sounds like someone I know on Ksite...trying to get reactions out of people eh Kitty ;)
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

S~V~S wrote:OMG I LOVE YOU <3

Who do you love? lol
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

A Person wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:

* Vote WrathofGod *

Right but how does lynching a no show provide any info for the town? Surely we would get more information about certain people if we lynched a person that has been heavily discussed, correct?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mongoose wrote:
A Person wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:

* Vote WrathofGod *

She could very well be baddie. Every civ lost is a bad, but she's hardly helping the civ cause by posting 0 times. Why not her or Zany Dex etc. The info will be just as good if we pick something at random.
So you think it is better to lynch a non contributing civ, when replacements are an option, than to at least try to find someone bad?

And just to be clear, a direct question~ do you think Epi is a civvie?
Loulou26 wrote:

Who do you love? lol
You (in a totally hetero mafia girlfriends kinda way)! For saying this:
Loulou26 wrote:

* Vote WrathofGod *

Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

S~V~S wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
A Person wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:

* Vote WrathofGod *

So you think it is better to lynch a non contributing civ, when replacements are an option, than to at least try to find someone bad?

And just to be clear, a direct question~ do you think Epi is a civvie?
Loulou26 wrote:

Who do you love? lol
You (in a totally hetero mafia girlfriends kinda way)! For saying this:
Loulou26 wrote:

* Vote WrathofGod *

Oh LOL well thank you. But really, I don't want to lynch a low poster because I really don't feel it will tell us anything and by day 2 we NEED more to go off.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Loulou26 wrote:
A Person wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:

* Vote WrathofGod *

Right but how does lynching a no show provide any info for the town? Surely we would get more information about certain people if we lynched a person that has been heavily discussed, correct?
I don't see why it would make a difference, people are wrong a vast majority of the time in mafia so I'm not sure why the most discussed people would necessarily be any better. At this point in the game there seems to be no real difference between a random guess and an "educated" one.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

A Person wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Or maybe vompatti or the other self voter... A Person I think it is? A self vote is just a cop out on day one, (mostly) everyone else is making some kind of effort to put some thought into their vote, even if its something small. There was a LP player who was notorious for doing it until he started getting lynched day one for it. That put a stop to it.
I have been lynched several times for self voting/randomizing. :sigh:
And you keep doing it because......?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

SVS - I could go either way on Epi. Totally 50/50.

Also this:
Mongoose wrote:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”