Other (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 10
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 39

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 1

Post by Matahari »

Hmmm. I have randomized, and then been convinced of the error of my ways. I've self-voted, and gotten votes because of it. I made voting no-shows my default day one if I wasn't sure who to vote, but again, I was convinced by others that it was a waste.

Now, in light of what I learned about ksite- that you can skip voting, or have a no lynch, I am rethinking all my pre-conceived notions. Randomizing, self-voting, and no shows are just variations on the idea of not voting at all. So I'm a bit pinged by ksiters finding those kind of votes to be wasteful.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Sorsha wrote:
A Person wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Or maybe vompatti or the other self voter... A Person I think it is? A self vote is just a cop out on day one, (mostly) everyone else is making some kind of effort to put some thought into their vote, even if its something small. There was a LP player who was notorious for doing it until he started getting lynched day one for it. That put a stop to it.
I have been lynched several times for self voting/randomizing. :sigh:
And you keep doing it because......?
Because I want to. :sigh:
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I have seriously no idea. This is all greek to me!
So, apparently the towers is HQ, so I'm just going with that.
This!!

I've played with you before, CBK, and I'm sorry to bring attention to you for this IF it doesn't mean a thing.

But this single post stood out to me among all of the giberish that has spilled out into this thread. You know who resides in the WWE HQ? The McMahans! And the Rock according to Epig's video. Despite DF having said that noone had info on the Day 0 poll, this feels like something a McMahan would say. So unfortunately MP will not be getting my vote today.

*votes*
:huh: What the heck? This is way past the fact, so hopefully you were just making a stab in the dark on someone else's guess.
If not, I'm not sure what you're going on here.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Loulou26 »

A Person wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:
A Person wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:WrathofGod hasn't checked in at all since the game actually started, so that is where I am putting my vote today. Hopefully it will encourage her to come on up and see us sometime.

* Vote WrathofGod *

Is that the only reason you're voting her? Because it's not really going to help us with any info is it? I think we need to lynch someone who could actually give us something to go on in day 2
We get info regardless of who's lynched, even if it just confirms that someone's a civ.
Right but how does lynching a no show provide any info for the town? Surely we would get more information about certain people if we lynched a person that has been heavily discussed, correct?
I don't see why it would make a difference, people are wrong a vast majority of the time in mafia so I'm not sure why the most discussed people would necessarily be any better. At this point in the game there seems to be no real difference between a random guess and an "educated" one.
I understand that, but it's not as if this day has had NO developments is it? I just think it would be beneficial to look at lynching someone who's had a lot of discussion.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

@ Lou - If there had been much discussion about anyone other than myself or Epi, I probably would have.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

Mongoose wrote:SVS - I could go either way on Epi. Totally 50/50.

Also this:
Mongoose wrote:
Anyway, just to recapitulate, I am totally unsure of EPi's alignment, so that's why I'm not putting together a case on him. He likes to poke people to gauge their reactions. So for now, me building a case on him would be coming from a place of vengeance.
OK, so you won't answer a direct question? Good to know. I know llama is a fan of the hardcore distancing thing, I have no experience of you or Epi in that regard.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Mongoose wrote:@ Lou - If there had been much discussion about anyone other than myself or Epi, I probably would have.

What are your thoughts on FZ?
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

S~V~S wrote:

Also this:
Mongoose wrote:
Anyway, just to recapitulate, I am totally unsure of EPi's alignment, so that's why I'm not putting together a case on him. He likes to poke people to gauge their reactions. So for now, me building a case on him would be coming from a place of vengeance.
OK, so you won't answer a direct question? Good to know. I know llama is a fan of the hardcore distancing thing, I have no experience of you or Epi in that regard.
IMO distancing is never a good thing. I am really starting to wonder if I was wrong about Mongoose after all.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

Someone should put a vote on S~V~S, just in case.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:

Also this:
Mongoose wrote:
Wait, how did I not answer the question? Is being unsure on someone not allowed with you? How is having an opinion you don't like being evasive?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Loulou26 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:@ Lou - If there had been much discussion about anyone other than myself or Epi, I probably would have.

Just a few mins: I'm skimming back through FZ's posts now just to make sure I'm not thinking of FZ posts in the speed game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Why do I even have to have opinions formed on everyone today anyway? It's Day 1 for crepes sake.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:Someone should put a vote on S~V~S, just in case.
Just in case of what? LOL, she won't answer a direct question about YOU, who voted for her, who she says knows she is a civ.

If you know she is a civ, why the hell would she think you are good if she is? Why are you unhappy about this turn in the conversation?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Just in case of what? LOL, she won't answer a direct question about YOU, who voted for her, who she says knows she is a civ.

If you know she is a civ, why the hell would she think you are good if she is? Why are you unhappy about this turn in the conversation?
Just in case there's shenanigans. I don't know. :shrug:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I really don't know how I didn't answer the question. You asked, I answered.

I feel like I'm being Punk'd a bit.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mongoose wrote:Why do I even have to have opinions formed on everyone today anyway? It's Day 1 for crepes sake.
Not about everyone, about the person who voted for you for no real discernible reason. Most people have an opinion about someone in that situation.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:Why do I even have to have opinions formed on everyone today anyway? It's Day 1 for crepes sake.
You don't. Which is why all of this is so damn funny to me. Twelve different people have at least one vote. Two of which are selfies.

I personally still think you're no good, but that's me. I voted my conscience.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

What kind of shenanigans? Maybe we should put a vote on everyone in case of shenanigans? What did i do to deserve the fear of shenanigans?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Sorsha »

Just in case what? She doesn't feel left out? :confused:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

What kind of shenanigans? Maybe we should put a vote on everyone in case of shenanigans? What did i do to deserve the fear of shenanigans?
You are so fun to fuck with.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:
Just in case what? She doesn't feel left out? :confused:
You too.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You, not so much :p
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Loulou26 wrote:

I don't know about you, but it takes me on into Day 2 to really get my sealegs. I went to FZ's page and skimmed back over the posts made in this game only, because I was indeed thinking of some posts made in the speed game.

I found FZ to have asked some really excellent questions and didn't manipulate the answers in follow-ups. Seems a bit different than on Ksite, but you are probably thinking I was a bit different over there than I am here. I just don't have any kind of hunch on alignment one way or the other yet. I have such amorphous opinions on players at first and they develop over time (mostly, some are most rapid when you get a ping or a squirrelly feeling).

linki SVS - I just dont have a hunch on Epi yet. He plays different in each game. He's like the Robert Altmann of mafia. Genre bending ole Epi. There's one exception where I just knew he was a Scarface Soprano Mafia Big Baddie, but that was the exception and not the rule.

If you told me I had to choose Good or Bad or you would shut me in a room with Phil Collins playing for 12 hours straight, I would say civ by a small margin. I'm like 52%/48% right now.

(also, please dont do that to me).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

So I guess SVS and I should just vote for each other then is what Epi commands. :ponder:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote: There's one exception where I just knew he was a Scarface Soprano Mafia Big Baddie, but that was the exception and not the rule.
Say, when was that?
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Ok, to fully comprehend the back and forth here, I need more time than I have to sit around McDonalds right now. :sigh:
I have to go on some small suspicions I have from what I have seen (mostly earlier). I just don't feel good about posts from k4j and summer (more summer right now), but it could just be the differences in sites thing. Sorry I can't help more for now.

*votes summer*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:So I guess SVS and I should just vote for each other then is what Epi commands. :ponder:
If you're taking orders, vote Mongoose or k4j. At ease!
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Mongoose wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:

I don't know about you, but it takes me on into Day 2 to really get my sealegs. I went to FZ's page and skimmed back over the posts made in this game only, because I was indeed thinking of some posts made in the speed game.

I found FZ to have asked some really excellent questions and didn't manipulate the answers in follow-ups. Seems a bit different than on Ksite, but you are probably thinking I was a bit different over there than I am here. I just don't have any kind of hunch on alignment one way or the other yet. I have such amorphous opinions on players at first and they develop over time (mostly, some are most rapid when you get a ping or a squirrelly feeling).

linki SVS - I just dont have a hunch on Epi yet. He plays different in each game. He's like the Robert Altmann of mafia. Genre bending ole Epi. There's one exception where I just knew he was a Scarface Soprano Mafia Big Baddie, but that was the exception and not the rule.

If you told me I had to choose Good or Bad or you would shut me in a room with Phil Collins playing for 12 hours straight, I would say civ by a small margin. I'm like 52%/48% right now.

Whats wrong with Phil Collins?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 16

Post by thellama73 »

Sorsha wrote: Whats wrong with Phil Collins?
Don't get me started.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

"I am going to pistol whip the next person who says shenanigans!"
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote: Whats wrong with Phil Collins?
Don't get me started.
LOLOLOLOL

Epi - Let me browse the mafia graveyard and see. BRB
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Loulou26 wrote:I understand that, but it's not as if this day has had NO developments is it? I just think it would be beneficial to look at lynching someone who's had a lot of discussion.
It could be.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:"I am going to pistol whip the next person who says shenanigans!"
Su-su-sudio!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK...we are going to go back onto the off topic train, i see.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:OK...we are going to go back onto the off topic train, i see.
1. It's about Phil Collins and many of us are ProgArchives people.
2. I already voted. So did you, so hey!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*throws S~V~S into a well
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Phil Collins ruined Genesis. >:(
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*sings "In the Air Tonight"

"Well if you told me you were drowning..."
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A Person wrote:Phil Collins ruined Genesis. >:(
I disagree. Do you not like "One for the Vine?" One of the greatest Genesis songs ever.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lots of people left to vote. i have seen flooding the thread with OT used as a defense of sorts, so, sorry for being a spoilsport that way.

And thanks, Epi, nothing more fun than being thrown into a wall :)

Night All :offtobed:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote: There's one exception where I just knew he was a Scarface Soprano Mafia Big Baddie, but that was the exception and not the rule.
Say, when was that?
Rolling Stones. I was godawful in that game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Epignosis wrote:
I disagree. Do you not like "One for the Vine?" One of the greatest Genesis songs ever.
I've honestly never listened to anything after [list]The Lamb[/list] :blush:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I'm not sure how i messed up the formatting on that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A Person wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Listen to Wind and Wuthering before you criticize Collins. A Trick of the Tail is all right, but it's not W&W.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Mongoose wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:

Yeah I'm really not sure about her. It could just be the new site, but she is acting totally different to the FZ I'm used to playing with.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

My very presence here sends this place off the rails :/
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Epignosis wrote:
A Person wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Listen to Wind and Wuthering before you criticize Collins. A Trick of the Tail is all right, but it's not W&W.
I actually have nothing against him, I really should get around to listening to those albums some day.
Everyone knows that Magma has the best drummer, though.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

15 out of 30 have voted. If we want to discuss Phil Collins, we have a whole forum for that :)

So anyone suspect anyone who does not have votes yet?
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:OK...we are going to go back onto the off topic train, i see.
1. It's about Phil Collins and many of us are ProgArchives people.
2. I already voted. So did you, so hey!

The only Phil Collins I liked was Groovy Kind of Love. That was it haha.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Loulou26 wrote:
Yeah I'm really not sure about her. It could just be the new site, but she is acting totally different to the FZ I'm used to playing with.
I got that a lot from my Syndicate buddies when I started playing over at Rev Mafia. They would notice all the nuanced differences of how I was playing, but it wasn't really anything. I just knew less people over there, so I was a little more withdrawn and also probably get more defensive easily, but other things too that aren't as easy to articulate. I think anytime you are in a new place, you are going to feel a little bit out of sorts. I think of it like the Home Team Advantage in sports. I think it really applies to mafia sites too. To sum all that blather up, you might find something suspish about her game, but just a varied playstyle in of itself might not be a big tipoff. Its almost a chance to reinvent yourself and try something else out that you can't do at your homebase because everyone will immediately jump on you for not acting like your normal self.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”