Other (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 10
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 1

Post by Sorsha »

Is there a rule against OT in the mafia forum?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Loulou26 »

S~V~S wrote:15 out of 30 have voted. If we want to discuss Phil Collins, we have a whole forum for that :)

So anyone suspect anyone who does not have votes yet?

Tbh I was thinking about turnip head. Something about the way he posted about Summer felt weird to me. What are your thoughts on him?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:Is there a rule against OT in the mafia forum?
No. So
A Person wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
A Person wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
A Person wrote:Phil Collins ruined Genesis. >:(
I disagree. Do you not like "One for the Vine?" One of the greatest Genesis songs ever.
I've honestly never listened to anything after [list]The Lamb[/list] :blush:
Listen to Wind and Wuthering before you criticize Collins. A Trick of the Tail is all right, but it's not W&W.
I actually have nothing against him, I really should get around to listening to those albums some day.
Everyone knows that Magma has the best drummer, though.
You've obviously never heard of Neil Peart and Phil Ehart.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Mongoose wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:
Yeah I'm really not sure about her. It could just be the new site, but she is acting totally different to the FZ I'm used to playing with.
I got that a lot from my Syndicate buddies when I started playing over at Rev Mafia. They would notice all the nuanced differences of how I was playing, but it wasn't really anything. I just knew less people over there, so I was a little more withdrawn and also probably get more defensive easily, but other things too that aren't as easy to articulate. I think anytime you are in a new place, you are going to feel a little bit out of sorts. I think of it like the Home Team Advantage in sports. I think it really applies to mafia sites too. To sum all that blather up, you might find something suspish about her game, but just a varied playstyle in of itself might not be a big tipoff. Its almost a chance to reinvent yourself and try something else out that you can't do at your homebase because everyone will immediately jump on you for not acting like your normal self.

Yeah I get that, which is why I haven't really gone after her about it. I have asked her questions but that's as far as I'll go right now. But saying that, I don't think a new site changes the basic core of a mafia player so I expect to see some familiar things from her soon.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:15 out of 30 have voted. If we want to discuss Phil Collins, we have a whole forum for that :)

So anyone suspect anyone who does not have votes yet?
Not really, everyone is acting the way I'd expect them too. The only possible exception is maybe Russti. Maybe. But I might be a bit jumpy about him because I was just baddie with him in Sockface's last game.

linki - Lou/SVS - maybe Turnip Head too, but I've only played one game with him before (and it was on Rev, so that could account for the difference).

These are small, micro-pings though at this point.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I'd like to vote for a player that has votes already though, so that it doesn't get any more spread out.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I went with a random and so I VOTE SPACEDAISY
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I went with a random and so I VOTE SPACEDAISY
I think I actually trust you in this one.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

Sorsha wrote:Is there a rule against OT in the mafia forum?
No, but there seems to be a flooding of it. Like last night. last night we started discussing Mongoose, and suddenly the forum was bathed in green. Tonight, I started discussing how Mongoose would not make a definitive statement on Epi, and suddenly i was up to Shenanigans, and the OT started up again.

Coincidence? Maybe.

Linki @ Sorsha, i was just saying that to say something on topic.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Epignosis wrote:You've obviously never heard of Neil Peart and Phil Ehart.
[avant prog snobbery]you've obviously never heard of Tatsuya Yoshida and Chris Cutler. [/avant prog snobbery]
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I mean, really. She said she thinks Epi must know shes a civ. Yet he votes for her anyhow.

How could she think he's civvie? But she keep waffling on this point. WHY would she think that a civvie who knows shes a civvie would vote for her in that fashion?

Linki, more green, lol
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I went with a random and so I VOTE SPACEDAISY
Hmm I don't like this vote. Is it totally random?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:I mean, really. She said she thinks Epi must know shes a civ. Yet he votes for her anyhow.

How could she think he's civvie? But she keep waffling on this point. WHY would she think that a civvie who knows shes a civvie would vote for her in that fashion?

Linki, more green, lol
Well, I said 52% as of right this second. He might regret his vote by now, I dunno. He did vote mightily early. Day 1 can be tumbleweeds and he assured that didn't happen as we had some good discussion and a little fun along the way.

I am waffling again on whether he thought I was a civvie when he voted for me. I thought his answer to me about his read of me on the Island game was sincere, so I started reconsidering from that moment on.

I have no idea about him ever (except that one time) or what he does or why he does it. To me, the only predictable thing about him (in-game) is that he will be unpredictable.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

S~V~S wrote:I mean, really. She said she thinks Epi must know shes a civ. Yet he votes for her anyhow.

Linki, more green, lol

So are you thinking she's a baddie? Or he is?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Going to go with Epignosis today. I feel like he started the whole questioning Mongoose thing and it doesn't feel genuine to me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Going to go with Epignosis today. I feel like he started the whole questioning Mongoose thing and it doesn't feel genuine to me.
Hot damn, a vote for me! What is now, 14 different people have at least one vote? Damn near half the cast.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So you will not give a definitive opinion?
Loulou26 wrote:

Linki, more green, lol

So are you thinking she's a baddie? Or he is?
I dunno. I kinda think they both may be, his vote was setting up some distancing. The fact that as soon as i started pushing for her to make a definitive statement on him in a game with an LD, he suddenly thought i was up to shenanigans was odd to me. Why me? As opposed to anyone else?

I could be a zillion percent wrong,i often am. But this all seems off to me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And poor Eloh with two votes from people who don't know her.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:he suddenly thought i was up to shenanigans was odd to me. Why me? As opposed to anyone else?
There's a world of difference between what I say and what I think. Remember that. ;)
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 267

Post by kneel4justice »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Going to go with Epignosis today. I feel like he started the whole questioning Mongoose thing and it doesn't feel genuine to me.
Oh man. Where were you when I needed you?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:
Good thing you can't change votes, am I right?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
Good thing you can't change votes, am I right?
Totally.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Oh hey... Epi was on my "I might vote for list" and he has a vote now! :lorab:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Summer wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm looking in Summer's direction for my vote now, mainly because of this post:
Summer wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:No thoughts at all yet, Summer or FZ, on whom you will vote for?
I know FZ has, but I really have no clue. I have no strong suspicions, just little inklings that if I had a Ksite full day, I would investigate into more. I am trying to read the thread quickly before I leave work, but so far, nothing has screamed BADDIE and I don't like just voting for someone without a strong reason.

The only ones I would consider right now are people who haven't posted. If there are none of those, I will look at who I have been getting weird vibes off the most and go for them. I'm waaaaaaaaay too methodical and over-analytical for such a short day! :haha:
Summer says she's too methodical and over-analytical during this 48 hour period, but all that that method and analysis has led her to is a vote for a no-show. It's day 1, so I don't feel that voting for a non-participant will lead to anything at all. And if said no-show is lynched, be they civvie or baddie, it won't even give us anything to go on in the future because there's no actual suspicion and thus there won't be anything for us to analyze on Day 2. It seems like too easy of a decision for someone who prides themselves on analysis. Fishy.
Actually, what I said was because of my style I am uncomfortable with voting for anyone BUT a non-poster because I don't like just voting for people willy-nilly. With a non-poster they have given nothing; its contradictory but I feel sometimes they are the safest choices because at least Epig and Mongoose are giving us things.

[...]

I wasn't the only one who asked this. I was one of three. Curious how you either are ignoring that or missed it. Also, I commended Mongoose on NOT doing this. Funny how you missed that, as well. I am going to chalk this up to you not reading fully and focusing on posts that made you suspicious. I am also one of the ones who AGREES that there isn't much to the Epig/Mongoose argument. I am also going to honest that I really dislike when people choose to focus on certain things instead of the entire line of thinking. Because if you had, you would have followed my thought process.

To me, this looks like you are attempting to fit my posts into a suspicion you want, so cutting and pasting my thoughts as you want. Because as I pointed out, you've overlooked a few things about my posts this day. Along with the fact that I voted, too, and it was NOT for a non-poster.
Fair enough, I admit not taking into account the sum of your posts, just the ones that pinged me, and I didn't realize you had actually voted. I knew I had seen people goading Mongoose on her opinion of Epi, and I thought it was just your post. I've been posting exclusively from my phone today so yeah... some skimming was involved. The post that Mighty Rearranger made on the same subject (which someone recently quoted but, being on my phone, I can't track it down to put right here) was suspicious for the same reason. It seemed like people were asking her to build a case on Epi, thus ensuring that that discussion continued to rule the day. That's mainly what I was getting at there. Thanks for responding to my post, your responses were logical and have lessened my initial suspicion of you. I don't think I was wrong to call you on the things I brought up, but I'm seeing your posts less in the context of manipulative baddieness now.

I still don't agree with randomizing or voting for a low poster (or not lynching at all, which has been brought up a few times). These things all serve to lessen the power of the lynch and will keep us in the dark for longer than we need to be. Day 1 sucks enough, but at least let's make the suckiness worth it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:Oh hey... Epi was on my "I might vote for list" and he has a vote now! :lorab:
:dance:
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

What about getting it tied between Mongoose and Epi and letting the flip of the coin decide? :ponder:
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

I'm going with Epignosis too. Something feels really odd about this whole situation and I don't like it.

VOTE EPIGNOSIS
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FWIW, I think Phil Collins sucks
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:FWIW, I think Phil Collins sucks
That's the spirit! Though I don't really agree with you.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

This OT nedds to STOP right F-ing now!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Loulou26 wrote:I'm going with Epignosis too. Something feels really odd about this whole situation and I don't like it.

VOTE EPIGNOSIS
Thanks for your vote. I hope people will remember it and your pathos reason for voting me.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Loulou26 wrote:I'm going with Epignosis too. Something feels really odd about this whole situation and I don't like it.

VOTE EPIGNOSIS
Can you elaborate any more? What situation are you referring to, and do you have any idea what this "some reason" you mention might possibly be? What's odd, and why does that oddity lead to an Epi vote?
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Epignosis wrote:

VOTE EPIGNOSIS
Thanks for your vote. I hope people will remember it and your pathos reason for voting me.

Pathos?
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Turnip Head wrote:

VOTE EPIGNOSIS
Can you elaborate any more? What situation are you referring to, and do you have any idea what this "some reason" you mention might possibly be? What's odd, and why does that oddity lead to an Epi vote?

The situation between him and Mongoose. It just feels....staged somehow. Like it's already taken a lot of the thread up and yet no one is really suspecting them for it apart from a couple of people. So I'm voting him.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

The way I saw it, Epi and Mongoose were barely responsible for dominating the discussion. It was everyone else that made their tiff a big deal. I've only played one game with Epi but it took me roughly 12 seconds to realize that he stirs the pot for reactions. He certainly gets some.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Loulou26 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

VOTE EPIGNOSIS

Pathos?
There was no logos. There was no ethos. Only feeling.
Loulou26 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

VOTE EPIGNOSIS

The situation between him and Mongoose. It just feels....staged somehow. Like it's already taken a lot of the thread up and yet no one is really suspecting them for it apart from a couple of people. So I'm voting him.
Staged? :haha:

Me taking up thread attention...makes me bad... :haha:

I love new folks. :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I dunno, I am an old folk (in more ways than one) and i got the same feeling. If Mongoose were to definitively say that she feels you are/are not bad, that may change. But she said she thinks you know she is not bad, yet voted for her anyhow. How can she think you are a civ?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Taps toes....
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:I dunno, I am an old folk (in more ways than one) and i got the same feeling. If Mongoose were to definitively say that she feels you are/are not bad, that may change. But she said she thinks you know she is not bad, yet voted for her anyhow. How can she think you are a civ?
Mongoose said something that wasn't true.

In The Island, I deduced she wasn't bad based on her voting record.

She said I could read her civilian game. That's not the same thing.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote: Staged? :haha:

You cannot discredit someone's suspicions just because they are new. You could very well be doing what you are doing as a townie, but you could also be doing it as scum. Some people are acting as though because you are taking attention and looking for reactions you are a townie, when that's not necessarily the case. That just means you are being you, I find it interesting that a noticeable group of people are just giving you a pass. Especially when MP said you did something similar before as an independent. I do not necessarily suspect you, but the idea that you must be a townie is heavily flawed, IMO. Especially when you search for reactions without giving any real reasons (at least in my case), anyone of any alignment can easily do that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Taps toes....
Oh ffs, I was taking a piss and getting a beer.

Sam Adams Cherry Chocolate Bock. Not bad.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:I dunno, I am an old folk (in more ways than one) and i got the same feeling. If Mongoose were to definitively say that she feels you are/are not bad, that may change. But she said she thinks you know she is not bad, yet voted for her anyhow. How can she think you are a civ?
I think he did it to stir the beehive and his perceived alignment of me is not really relevant (to him). Obv it's very relevant to the rest of us.

I don't know what you think, but I feel like it's been a much more active Day 1 than a typical.

If we were faking it, it would be balletic in grand gothic glory, not crash and bang like this roller derby has been.

linki - And after I read his response about The Island, I started to change my mind about whether he knows I am civ.

linki 2- Choc Cherry!? Amazing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:

You cannot discredit someone's suspicions just because they are new. You could very well be doing what you are doing as a townie, but you could also be doing it as scum. Some people are acting as though because you are taking attention and looking for reactions you are a townie, when that's not necessarily the case. That just means you are being you, I find it interesting that a noticeable group of people are just giving you a pass. Especially when MP said you did something similar before as an independent. I do not necessarily suspect you, but the idea that you must be a townie is heavily flawed, IMO. Especially when you search for reactions without giving any real reasons (at least in my case), anyone of any alignment can easily do that.
Blah blah blah.

YOU COULD BE BAD

YOU COULD BE GOOD

Tell me something no one knows. :slick:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

Blah blah blah.

YOU COULD BE BAD

YOU COULD BE GOOD

Robert Redford had polio as a child.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

Blah blah blah.

YOU COULD BE BAD

YOU COULD BE GOOD

Robert Redford had polio as a child.
I just want to say that I love you. :haha:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

:D

(thanks, NPR!)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

See, this is the kind of disrespectful thing i dislike. No one likes someone saying "blahblah blah" to them. It's just rude.

I know i said Good night before, but now I really am done. Have fun redirecting the thread with rudeness and OT.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MP said I was an Independent one game. I cannot recall when that was. He said:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, as to Epig suspecting you, K4J, this is not out of character for him.

I'll never forget in a game over on RM when he did the same thing to Rose and I gunned after him, then did a complete 180 on him and his behavior thereafter had me convinced he was civvie... Turns out he was independent. :haha:
What game was this? I cannot recall an independent role.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

I was going to say I like Big Time, but then I remembered that's a Peter Gabriel song, not Phil Collins. So I have no praise for Phil Collins, although his daughter is absurdly beautiful, so there's that.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:See, this is the kind of disrespectful thing i dislike. No one likes someone saying "blahblah blah" to them. It's just rude.

I know i said Good night before, but now I really am done. Have fun redirecting the thread with rudeness and OT.
Your passion or anger will never convince me. You pulled that shit once. I bought it once and lost. I called you out on it and lynched your ass as bad.

Return to “Previous Jobs”