Moderator: Community Team

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 206

Re: [Night 4] The Shawshank Redemption Mafia

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:Every vote SVS made was when people were already on the lynch. She voted for Lizzie when there was already votes on her, she voted for MR, and for MT. All had votes but were not sure to get lynched when she placed the vote.
Whats bad about that?

I don't like being first, and i don;t like being last, and I am at work during the most active hours in this thread, the polls end when i am in work or commuting home.

this is an exceedingly tenuous stretch
Why are you ignoring all that preceded this thought. It's not about the order of your vote, it's about the fact that the way you voted fits someone who would want to search for Fat Ass, but without taking any unnecessary risks.

I am not ignoring it, I am responding to the things i am taking seriously. You could make an argument for anyone but Llama, who has been mostly consistent in his voting, as searching for Fat Ass depending on how you looked for it.
boo wrote:
FZ. wrote:
boo wrote:
FZ. wrote:Every vote SVS made was when people were already on the lynch. She voted for Lizzie when there was already votes on her, she voted for MR, and for MT. All had votes but were not sure to get lynched when she placed the vote.
It feels a little WIFOM-y, simply because Hadley could take the strategy of not voting different people each time for fear of getting caught, but could also take the strategy of going with the majority every time. It really comes down to whether or not they (and their team) felt it was worth trying to get a single civvie, who is otherwise vanilla.

I wouldn't vote for someone (SVS or Mongoose) on it alone, but it is something I would take into account in looking at lynching them.

Also: as far as I'm concerned, BIH llama. An indie with unspecified win conditions is not a civvie, so as far as I'm concerned, his death is a good thing. I would have preferred him to be the SK ofc, but I never expected him to be a sister (or on shawshank and they RBed the NK N1 to give him cred).
I agree, but that's why SVS seems baddie to me more than Mongoose, because saying something like she might vote for Mongoose just to call llama's bluff seems ridiculous. If you think he's bluffing, vote for him, not for her. Wouldn't that prove it better? That is so the opposite of pro civ.
And with that, good night
Unless i thought they were bad teammates. llama LOVES setting up distancing stuff, and spending whole games making weak feints in the general direction of one of his teammates.

Ya, I see where you're coming from.

I did a brief read of SVS to see if anything stuck out. She does seem to have a lack of really discussing anyone other than who she has voted for and the more discussed people (ie llama), but that's something I have a feeling that can be said for most people in this game simply because of how things have gone.

The one thing that I am considering, is this post of hers from N2 (discussion about voting for people in what we thought was a poll to remove a player from the following days lynch but turned out not to be):
S~V~S wrote:Well, the poll implies someone will get a reward. I would prefer it be a civ. Now I do not have any info, but after seeing what Elo said, I went back and took a good look at BWT. I think I read him pretty well. I think he could be a civ. So I would prefer to reward him rather than someone else. Saying who you feel good about and could potentially trust is as much a part of mafia as saying who you suspect.

And for all the baddies know, with 2 mafias, me, Elo, & BWT could be bad teammates making a particularly ballsy move. I have been known to do so :)

So saying I trust a particular person in a poll structured this way will not put a target on them anymore than Llama is having a target painted with the votes he has.
It doesn't make me think she's bad any more than the possibility of it I could already see (basically just the same probability of anyone being able to be bad), but it does make me think that if she's bad than either: 1) She, BWT, and Eloh are teammates, and are really relying on a 'none of us will get lynched strategy (and if anyone does, we WIFOM our way out of the ensuing shitstorm)'. OR 2) She wanted (and has continued the strategy since she has continued to show trust for Eloh and BWT) to set at least one of them up in case she gets lynched.

It really doesn't help much, since in either case it results in WIFOM, which takes us back to square one, but I still think if we're going to be discussing SVS for tomorrow's lynch, then this should also be part of the discussion.

My one thought on her being bad: I usually have some opinion of her in a game, with that usually being some reason to trust her, by this point in the game. I really don't have that this game. That being said, if I'm going to vote for someone because of that, I'll be voting rey (I believe I've mentioned this before. He is usually quite active, but he's been just shy of absent this game, and that makes me lean baddie, or maybe LMSing) before I vote SVS.

I think both Eloh & BWT are civ for reasons of my own~ there has been enough target painting in this game as it is. If they are baddie teammates, kudos to them, becasue they have me totally fooled

First of all, what's WIFOM and LMSing? :blush:

WIFOM~ A circular argument, it comes for "The Wine In Front of me" scene in The Princess Bride. "Oh, if I was a civvie I would NEVER DO THIS!", kind of thing. LMS=Last Man Standing, generally a serial killer role, it would be hard to be LMS without a kill.

What bothered me about the post you quoted from her was the fact that she jumped on the BWT trust wagon after Elo voted for him as her most likely civ. I already questioned her about it, so I don't want to go into it again, but the way it happened made me suspect her as well.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I'm here and I've read back up. I'm preparing for parties both today and tomorrow (don't even ask how I got roped into that), but I'll around (running like a chicken with my head cut off). I'll be looking for instances of my name (so bolding helps, if you feel like doing so).

It's hard to know who is laying low this week because everyone is so super busy (and hopefully not having too much internet time!)

@ Host - Dear Sir: Could you consider extended the Day 5 vote by a day? I think it will ensure maxim participation. And probably easier on you!

I voted for Vomps because he is really hard to follow. It's nice being able to change your votes in this game. I hoped my vote would elicit a reaction from him that would give us some clue to alignment. He's slightly more verbose when on a baddie time (probably because he has teamies chafing him up), and I am unsure if that's what I am seeing or not. Plus, I had little time to vote and didn't want to abstain.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

Day 5 will last 48 hours.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, I won't be available until late this evening.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 153

Post by FZ. »

I wonder if the fact MP came back and put all his effort in the other game is because he's a baddie in this one and being a civ is easier for him. I'm getting a civ feeling from him on the other game, yet he's giving nothing here.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: [Polls] The Shawshank Redemption Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Who will be lynched?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:31 pm

A Person
No votes

birdwithteeth11
No votes

boo
No votes

Bullzeye
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

FZ.
No votes

johns2jj
No votes

Lizzy
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

MovingPictures07
No votes

reywaS
No votes

Russtifikno
No votes

S~V~S
Lizzy (3)
9%

thellama73
birdwithteeth11 (2), boo (4), Elohcin (6), johns2jj (7), A Person (11)
45%

Vompatti
Vompatti (5), Mongoose (8), thellama73 (9), Bullzeye (10)
36%

Raskolnikov (The Host, the Mod, the Dead)
Epignosis (1)
9%

Total votes : 11
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Self-Inflicted Wounds
Some men in Shawshank deal with the stress by hurting themselves. The prison tries to keep its inmates from bodily harm as much as possible (that's a joke, mind you), but the guys that really want to do it get it done.

Vompatti was one of those guys. He'd cut himself with anything he could find. People thought he was nuts. They'd talk about him, but not so he could hear.

This morning they found him with both of his arms sliced open from the inside of his elbows to his wrists. Suicide, they said. That seemed obvious enough. It didn't explain the bruises on his face and body though.

Vompatti has been killed by Bogs Diamond. It is now Day 5. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

By the way, I hear Simon named his bird "Garfunkel." He liked the sound of that.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

I am going to start by voting rey because it's going to be a busy couple of days. If any of the discussions we have had become more compelling or someone brings something new up, and I have time, I'll look at it, but as I've said before, I find how quiet he has been to be very unlike him, and it makes me think he's trying to play an under-the-radar game.

I do find vomps to be a weird NK choice given the votes he took d4, so if I have time I think I'll look back at that, because there could be something there.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

For what little case building there can be:

Rey has 13 posts (lowest of any living player by 6).

9 of those posts were made during the prologue.

His last post was D2 when he self-voted.

Now... for anyone who hasn't played with rey, or hasn't played with him much, unless his game has changed a great deal since when I last played actively, this is extremely unlike him. Certainly, as a civvie, he is always very much involved in my experiences, and while I would expect a similar game from him (slightly more subdued) as a baddie, I'm just not understanding this at all.

Now, we can make the argument, that if he's a baddie, his team would be yelling at him to come and play. Unless that's the teams strategy, playing as minimally as possible? It is something that seems to work for baddies lately.

More likely in my mind - we have a SK role, that we know for a fact is LMSing. We have not seen that role kill at all, or even a failed attempt. By this point in the game, I can't make any sense of that. So, my guess is, rey is the SK, and we haven't had a NK from the SK because rey hasn't been playing this game.

Now, whether we want to risk keeping him around if I am right, since he isn't active, therefore in my mind becomes the real question for this lynch. Personally, my answer is no, because if we let ourselves leave him now, we'll be tempted to continue that pattern, the baddies probably wouldn't NK him (since we know from llama, that the one of the indies of this game can survive at least one NK, so I can see that being the case for both roles), and then it would give him the chance to swoop in at the end of the game and give us a pretty nasty surprise. Plus the role does need to be dead for a civvie win, so it needs to be done sooner or later, why not sooner?

Admittedly, I only came up with all of this after voting for him, but I've actually managed to convince myself, so now I'm pretty confident that's where I'll be leaving my vote.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
johns2jj
Posts in topic: 50

Post by johns2jj »

Boo makes a good case voting ray.

I am going to be traveling the 25th-28th. I am finally on my way to saudi so I am not sure how consistent my internet connection is going to be so I may miss a vote but I think the hotels and airlines will have wifi.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by A Person »

GOD REST YE MAFIA PLAYERS
LET NOTHING YOU DISMAY
I SHALL NOT LYNCH ANY Y'ALL
UPON THIS CHRISTMAS DAY
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha has replaced reywaS. Sorsha (reywaS in the poll) may not be lynched on Day 5 nor killed on Night 5.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

Hello! :)

As soon as I catch up in the WWE game I will be reading here!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Lizzy »

1. Ho ho ho Merry Christmas here too k

b. VMOPS :overreact: :overreact: :overreact: :overreact: :overreact:

3. Welcome, Sorsha!

four. Hmmm, I was going to vote for SVS again, but boo's pick on an inactive supposed SK does not sit right with me, nor does jj'jjjj's bandwagoing for that matter. I may have to randomise out of the three... :sigh:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Lizzy »

You know what? Shan't randomise. Although I'm not a big fan of civs (oops! slip! :mafia: ), I have to comply with the rules. A civ friendly SK (yes, Mr Blatch is one whether dead or alive - laying low or not participating at all) is preferable to baddies since the only people NK-ing at the moment are the latter, wouldn't you agree?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Elohcin »

It is difficult for me to be active as I suspected. I only see my whole family once a year and on top of that my 19 months old son is sick for the first time :/ However, I am really enjoying this game. I am still under the impression that JJ is a Sister. I am trying to figure out who Bogs is and its driving me a bit mad. I thought Lllama and was wrong. I am now thinking maybe rey/Sorsha. I have been saying JJ was a sister for days and the Sisters had ample opportunity to kill me and have not. So...maybe it is b/c Bogs was inactive. Sorsha is not lynchable right now....so I will vote for JJ and I encourage you all to do that as well.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:Day 5 will last 48 hours.
Thank you! Hope everyone is better, and able to enjoy their Christmas morning!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
johns2jj

Post by johns2jj »

Elohcin wrote: I thought Lllama and was wrong. I am now thinking maybe rey/Sorsha. I have been saying JJ was a sister for days and the Sisters had ample opportunity to kill me and have not. So...maybe it is b/c Bogs was inactive. Sorsha is not lynchable right now....so I will vote for JJ and I encourage you all to do that as well.
Epignosis wrote:
Vompatti has been killed by Bogs Diamond. It is now Day 5. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
So Boggs has been inactive?

I have been accused of being a sister with llama and pm but both turned out to not be. What makes people think I am a sister with these people?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Lizzy wrote:You know what? Shan't randomise. Although I'm not a big fan of civs (oops! slip! :mafia: ), I have to comply with the rules. A civ friendly SK (yes, Mr Blatch is one whether dead or alive - laying low or not participating at all) is preferable to baddies since the only people NK-ing at the moment are the latter, wouldn't you agree?
Well, since I can't vote rey now, I'm voting for you for this post, because 1) No, I don't agree, and 2) WTF?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Wow, Vomp is dead in both games...not cool.
I can't stay today and I won't be here before deadline. I'm going with SVS for reasons I've stated before. Go and look for them if you want.
I'm a little worried with MP not being here at all lately.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Bullzeye »

Lizzy wrote:You know what? Shan't randomise. Although I'm not a big fan of civs (oops! slip! :mafia: ), I have to comply with the rules. A civ friendly SK (yes, Mr Blatch is one whether dead or alive - laying low or not participating at all) is preferable to baddies since the only people NK-ing at the moment are the latter, wouldn't you agree?
There's no such thing as a civ friendly SK. SK's by their very nature are nobody-friendly. When you have to be the last man standing you don't have time to make friends. Sometimes when they've been caught they promise to be good boys or girls and only kill people who they think are bad but it's all lies. You should know that, right? The only good indy is a dead indy (note that indies and neutrals are different, indies are on their own and neutrals can win with others. I like neutrals, they're allowed to be alive IMO).
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

The problem is that it's a lot harder to find one particular person rather than just someone who's on a particular team, and that's already hard enough. It seems like a giant waste of time to find the sk when it is relatively a lot easier to find a baddie, who are also actively trying to kill both civs and the sk.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Actually, a baddie has a much better chance than a civ of killing the sk because they know to exclude themselves.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Russtifinko »

I don't think I agree with boo's case on rey. As boo mentioned, rey did post as late as Day 2, which, if Blatch works like most SKs do, means he could've at least tried to kill Night 1 and didn't.

One other interesting thing I noticed was that every faction except Blatch has win conditions listed on page 1. Epi, is that because you thought it would be obvious that as an SK he can only win as last man standing, or does it mean his win conditions are secret?
FZ. wrote:Wow, Vomp is dead in both games...not cool.
I can't stay today and I won't be here before deadline. I'm going with SVS for reasons I've stated before. Go and look for them if you want.
I'm a little worried with MP not being here at all lately.
I had to recheck the player list when I saw this post. I didn't even realize MP was playing. I know he's been busy, but he's started posting a fair bit in WWE. I can't remember a single thing he's said here, which is uncharacteristic for MP. I'm not sure what it means yet, but I hope he comes back and talks.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Russtifinko »

I don't see myself voting either Lizzy or boo today. Lizzy's SK post was weird, but I don't think it makes her the SK by any means. May vote MP, but I'll wait until later on and see if I hear anything from him.

FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Whats bad about that?

I don't like being first, and i don;t like being last, and I am at work during the most active hours in this thread, the polls end when i am in work or commuting home.

Why are you ignoring all that preceded this thought. It's not about the order of your vote, it's about the fact that the way you voted fits someone who would want to search for Fat Ass, but without taking any unnecessary risks.

FZ, I wanted to ask you about this thought, but I think I figured it out. If S~V~S were Hadley, you're saying she basically wouldn't be searching for Fat Ass, right? Because then we'd know she's Hadley and lynch her. So by voting with the majority, she's minimizing the chance she's found if Fat Ass does end up being the role lynched?

It's a fairly strong point, I think, and it means Fat Ass's role is more powrful than I realized. I'll consider voting her today too.

One question: would Hadley vote with the majority all the time? That seems nearly as sure to eventually give him away as voting Fat Ass by mistake. If I were him, I'd be tempted to vote a teammate once or twice just to not be found out. Just curious what you think.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

Elohcin wrote:It is difficult for me to be active as I suspected. I only see my whole family once a year and on top of that my 19 months old son is sick for the first time :/ However, I am really enjoying this game. I am still under the impression that JJ is a Sister. I am trying to figure out who Bogs is and its driving me a bit mad. I thought Lllama and was wrong. I am now thinking maybe rey/Sorsha. I have been saying JJ was a sister for days and the Sisters had ample opportunity to kill me and have not. So...maybe it is b/c Bogs was inactive. Sorsha is not lynchable right now....so I will vote for JJ and I encourage you all to do that as well.
What was the suspicion on Dex?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:
I had to recheck the player list when I saw this post. I didn't even realize MP was playing. I know he's been busy, but he's started posting a fair bit in WWE. I can't remember a single thing he's said here, which is uncharacteristic for MP. I'm not sure what it means yet, but I hope he comes back and talks.
I know! I don't think it's a coincidence. Why would he ignore this place without good reason? I looked over the roles for a silencer-type role, and I don't see anything that jumps out at me. The SK has "Secrets" listed, but would that role be able to both kill and silence? I'm not sure.

Either way, Night 4 is almost over and maybe MP can give us some information on Day 5.

Welcome, Sorsh!

Matt, I've been really enjoying your output again this game. I think what you said just above is food for thought.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Also to add:

I just checked the other thread:

MP has gone into signature, complete full-on Wall of Text mode in the other game. Even if he is putting more effort into one game over the other, I can't believe he would just totally blow this game off. The power of mafia compels him. He has to be muted, I can't think of any other solution.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:
There's no such thing as a civ friendly SK. SK's by their very nature are nobody-friendly. When you have to be the last man standing you don't have time to make friends. Sometimes when they've been caught they promise to be good boys or girls and only kill people who they think are bad but it's all lies. You should know that, right? The only good indy is a dead indy (note that indies and neutrals are different, indies are on their own and neutrals can win with others. I like neutrals, they're allowed to be alive IMO).
Is there anyone that fits this mold? Other than Rey. Is that really the only reason some players are suspecting Rey? I'm not sure I feel comfortable leaning that way on Day 5. I would want more to go on.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Re: [Day 5] The Shawshank Redemption Mafia

Post by FZ. »

I kind of lost track of the game after dying in the other one.

Is it possible that MP forgot about the game, having 2 other games on his mind? I never even thought about being silenced. I'm going to look at the roles again.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
johns2jj

Post by johns2jj »

Warden Samuel Norton
“Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me.”
Searches for contraband. If he finds it, he confiscates all of it and sends the possessor to the hole- one phase for each item confiscated. Someone in the hole is silenced, may not vote, and is blocked.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

By the way, wasn't the day supposed to end yesterday? Isn't it way over 48 hours? Did I miscount?

@linky Thanks johns2jj. You saved me the time.
Was the win in day 0 a contraband that could last, or does this mean he had another one?
This puts him out of the red list, but he could be the sisters of a civvie
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

FZ. wrote:I kind of lost track of the game after dying in the other one.

Is it possible that MP forgot about the game, having 2 other games on his mind? I never even thought about being silenced. I'm going to look at the roles again.
I find it very unlikely that Sockface forgot about that game. That seems vastly incongruous with everything I've written down in my Notes on Sockface dossier.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
johns2jj

Post by johns2jj »

It is possible either red was night killed or is continually blocked.
Elmo I think was the replacement, or one of the night killed. It would be a bad situation for the replacement to be if they are Elmo because if he kills people it strongly points at them, but then they could always hold onto the kills until later in the game to withhold the info.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

johns2jj wrote:Warden Samuel Norton
“Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me.”
Searches for contraband. If he finds it, he confiscates all of it and sends the possessor to the hole- one phase for each item confiscated. Someone in the hole is silenced, may not vote, and is blocked.
Oh lord, that doesn't sound good. I'm guessing a phase is one day/night cycle. I wonder how long he'll be out for.

There are definitely people I can see faking insanification, but it doesn't seem MP's style at all. It's probably killing him not to be able to respond to posts here and there.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Russtifinko wrote:I don't see myself voting either Lizzy or boo today. Lizzy's SK post was weird, but I don't think it makes her the SK by any means. May vote MP, but I'll wait until later on and see if I hear anything from him.

FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Whats bad about that?

FZ, I wanted to ask you about this thought, but I think I figured it out. If S~V~S were Hadley, you're saying she basically wouldn't be searching for Fat Ass, right? Because then we'd know she's Hadley and lynch her. So by voting with the majority, she's minimizing the chance she's found if Fat Ass does end up being the role lynched?

It's a fairly strong point, I think, and it means Fat Ass's role is more powrful than I realized. I'll consider voting her today too.

One question: would Hadley vote with the majority all the time? That seems nearly as sure to eventually give him away as voting Fat Ass by mistake. If I were him, I'd be tempted to vote a teammate once or twice just to not be found out. Just curious what you think.
I actually meant the opposite, lol. But your reasoning sounds much better than mine. The big difference is, if Hadely is actually trying to get Fat Ass dead, he would vote where he sees other people voting so catching him would be a lot harder, but try to vote a different person each day. On the other hand, if he's trying to avoid voting for Fat Ass, he might try to vote the same person more than once, because he knows it's safe. So that would mean we look for an entirely different pattern of voting
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Question:
How do you think Norton would go about looking for the contraband? What would be his strategy?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

FZ. wrote:Question:
How do you think Norton would go about looking for the contraband? What would be his strategy?
probably in a similar way to how he scans for viruses
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

A Person wrote:
Wow, you thought about this one on your own? Impressive.

I'll simplify it for you so you can understand. I meant that if you were a baddie looking for a contraband, who would you search and why? For example, would you search people who said they were suspicious of you, because you thought they might have found out something, therefore wanting to take it away from them? Would you just randomly pick people? Would you pick people you think would more likely be civvies? Or would you use any other strategy when looking for it?

A genuine and helpful answer would be much appreciated ;)
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

FZ. wrote:
A Person wrote:

I'll simplify it for you so you can understand. I meant that if you were a baddie looking for a contraband, who would you search and why? For example, would you search people who said they were suspicious of you, because you thought they might have found out something, therefore wanting to take it away from them? Would you just randomly pick people? Would you pick people you think would more likely be civvies? Or would you use any other strategy when looking for it?

I'd search people i suspect of being part of the sisters' team first because they have a nk and can receive contraband, I'd try to focus on getting rid of suspected civs in lynches.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

A Person wrote:
FZ. wrote:
A Person wrote:

I'd search people i suspect of being part of the sisters' team first because they have a nk and can receive contraband, I'd try to focus on getting rid of suspected civs in lynches.
Thank you. :) See? when you try, you can actually be helpful :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Bullzeye »

If it was me I'd check the people who seemed in the thread to be most trusted, as they'd presumably be the ones being sent stuff.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bullzeye wrote:
If it was me I'd check the people who seemed in the thread to be most trusted, as they'd presumably be the ones being sent stuff.
Thanks for answering. Not sure I get the logic. Why would the most trusted be the ones getting the stuff? It seems BWT was the most trusted, at least judging by that vote the other night. Do you think it's because he got something?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I keep wondering why llama went after Mongoose, and why aren't we all talking about it. What would a governor potentially do?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
johns2jj

Post by johns2jj »

It would be helpful to know how often red gets shipments and how much he gets but I am under the assumption that it is a secret.
johns2jj

Post by johns2jj »

FZ. wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Thanks for answering. Not sure I get the logic. Why would the most trusted be the ones getting the stuff? It seems BWT was the most trusted, at least judging by that vote the other night. Do you think it's because he got something?
It would be the most trusted because it confers a benefit and why would red want to give that to someone who he sees as a baddie?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

johns2jj wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
It would be the most trusted because it confers a benefit and why would red want to give that to someone who he sees as a baddie?
Ah, OK, so you're saying all contraband is given by Red, and he chooses who to give it to. I kind of missed that :blush:
So going by that logic, you would assume Red gave a contraband to BWT that night? Why wasn't he silenced? Can Norton only look for the one given that night? That would be kind of a wild shot for the baddies.
I feel like I'm missing something here. Don't like feeling stupid... :srsnod:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I want to apologize to our host and all of you. With a combination of being in 2 other games, being incredibly busy, and starting to get sick last night (I have the flu, which is tons of fun), My participation lately has been terrible with this game. I'm trying my best to get caught up but honestly I feel incredibly lost. I'll do the best I can though.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I want to apologize to our host and all of you. With a combination of being in 2 other games, being incredibly busy, and starting to get sick last night (I have the flu, which is tons of fun), My participation lately has been terrible with this game. I'm trying my best to get caught up but honestly I feel incredibly lost. I'll do the best I can though.
So you weren't silenced?

Trying to figure out if we have other silencer candidates other than Sockface.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”