65%

Total votes: 17
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 2]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm not writing longer analysis on people I suspect because I don't have them.

I have gut, and some specific posts which pinged me and which I have already pointed out.

And I have a load of previous experience telling me that whenever I make a long analysis on someone, it's a bunch of bullshit that is mostly used for confirmation bias (i. e. I already suspected the person previously, and wanted it to look like I was being rational).

So I'd rather just do that: instinct, specific posts, and generally trying to keep a broad view of the game and its possibilities.

Recent experience says this works out better.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean, I lost about 8 consecutive games as a civ when I first joined. Now I win about half of them.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So this is what I have on Luna. Luna looks fishy. And Luna is having to be pushed around to play mafia. She won't play mafia unless people tell her to. So there's that.

Actually grace period is over.

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine

Thanks for recruiting me yesterday.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 123

Post by Spacedaisy »

The First post has been updated with The Shop, players may message me if they wish to buy an item anytime during the Day Phase. Any items not purchased will remain in the shop. Each Day phase, new items will be added.

As a reminder, during the Day phases, Captains are free to fire any crew members they wish and Players may quit their current crew to try and join another if they wish. Please continue to use a pink color to indicate any official changes to your crew status.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Post by DharmaHelper »

Damn that's an expensive ass shop right there.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:38 pm So this is what I have on Luna. Luna looks fishy. And Luna is having to be pushed around to play mafia. She won't play mafia unless people tell her to. So there's that.

Actually grace period is over.

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine

Thanks for recruiting me yesterday.
The man's a legend.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:01 am @Kylemii Y HELO THAR FRIEND
I have become Khadgar the Nameless. You will address me as such.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

plz and thank you
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

For example, look at this shit:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:12 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Okay, I have results. And I need to get this mf'er done.

What I want to know: For those of you who are here, which players are you considering for your vote? Why?

I'll be back in like 10-15 minutes.
Either DH or espers. Reasonings already given.
You don't believe DharmaHelper has shown town tells today? Why?
I feel there is a limit to how much flooding the thread with ISOs can make you look town, specially considering 60% of the people I suspected in the night started doing it afterwards.

Besides, I don't like the way he approached the suspicion on me. He forced the d0 joke vote thing, and then he inverted the burden of proof by saying I had to explain why I didn't vote certain players, when he hadn't explained his own d2 vote, which is hypocrite. He took a long time to explain it, only after a few people pushed him, and even then it was a pretty weak reasoning. I don't like how he spent most of d1 tunneling on random players and avoiding paying attention to the case at hand (Sloonei/ninjuu/G-Man), and then throwing a cop out vote.

As for espers, the whole issue is the terrible d1 vote. He dropped a suspicion he had on me and had never suspected Sloonei before his vote (actually defending him once). Made an useless last minute vote that did not change the outcome. He justified it by saying he wanted to limit it to the winning players, but the vote was still useless.
This is so bad it almost looks like I just found a journal of my teenage self and am having to read it again. I can't believe I ever made this post with a straight face.

This is one of my most traumatizing memories of how old DDL used to make huge analysis posts to justify votes that were actually based off nothing.

And what is worse is that people followed my lead and I wrote this crap. I didn't lose those games for nothing, I would take the reins of town after the Jays and Slooneis were NK'd and lead it into their doom with a series of convincing ISOs and huge walls of text.

No more.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

have not yet had a chance to review dragon dragon luffy's shit yet, will do so after work today
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

EBWOP: followed my lead when I wrote this crap
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:44 pm Damn that's an expensive ass shop right there.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I have adjusted the prices very slightly.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:58 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:44 pm Damn that's an expensive ass shop right there.
I wouldn'tve minded the old prices but ok :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:58 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:58 pm
I wouldn'tve minded the old prices but ok :P
I was already feeling uncertain about my upper level pricing so it’s all good. I feel more comfortable with them now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 84

Post by insertnamehere »

Going into today, my two top suspects are Luna and Nova.

DDL is shifty, yes, and I don't understand his Enrique case, but the dude is (please don't throw something at me Captain DH) kinda reading possibly genuine for me? I acted smarmy about his non-Luna vote at the end of Day 1, but I understand his reasoning. It's enough for him to slide down a notch on my threat radar.

Nova is just irking me more and more. Super hyper defenses and discrediting other players by insisting that other players are completely discrediting him. Either Nova is correct in that any player who suspects him is living in some other galaxy and that he's the only one with a complete unblinkered view of the reality of this game, or he's the crazy one. (inb4 inh is deliberately misrepresenting me and is therefore bad)

Plus, his SQ case is dumb. DUMB I SAY. His vote switching and unwillingness to go along with me at the end of D1 feels downright malicious IMO.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

also if TH continues to wield his schtick of irreverence like a shield to avoid justifying himself or engaging in the discourse of the thread, he's gonna land on my shitlist
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Imo the only items worth buying are the ones that give alignment checks or protect against them.

Everything else is basically spending money that can only be obtained from missions into start buffs that are only useful... to win missions. Maybe if they gave huge bonuses for cheap prices, but the bonuses are pretty low and likely to be wasted if the dice or your teammates don't cooperate. You are probably losing money in this exchange.

Nav charts I guess could be useful but 1/4 of my team haven't even bothered to come and tell what stats he has so meh.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I realize the above post is kinf of mean to the host, so sorry about that. Just trying to analyse the game coldly.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh I guess winning missions keeps you off the poll too so there's that. Totally forgot.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:23 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:07 pm What are your responses to Epi's question, Luna? You cast shade against DH for his honesty, while you've been apprehensive to discuss any of your crewmates.
I was joking with that post. I don't see a reason to analyze anyone on my 2-person team too deeply because mafia can only night-kill someone they are in a crew with. If I only have two people in my crew, and one happens to be mafia, they won't do anything or it will be too obvious to narrow down.
linki: this now appears to be incorrect.

This is a weird attempt to sidestep taking a stand on her crew using a dubious grasp of the rules. I could go crazy with WIFOM here on the rule misunderstanding, but it's also possible that a baddie Luna would make the same incorrect assumption.
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:07 pm Perusing your ISO, you have some weird shit in there.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 pm I see no way that Golden isn't town in this game. So why is MacDougall and DrWilgy voting to lynch him? Not a good look for either of them.
This was followed by a vote against Mac that jump-started his wagon, but seems utterly asinine. Just, Golden = definitely town, and therefore Mac must be lynched. Dumb. Yes, I agree that Golden reads civ, but, as I said, I think that due to his strong responses to Nova. From the following post, I assume Luna read maybe five words of that conversation.
I admit, I have not kept up with the Golden/Nova drama. My case against Mac was hinged off of his vote on Golden, and Golden's earlier posts about role mechanics.

You never explained your town read of Golden, and you never built a case against Mac. All you said was that you don't understand why anyone would vote for Golden, and followed that with a vote for Mac. Bringing up some apparent "role mechanics" post that Golden made, which in your eyes made him unimpeachably town, feels like a lazy, empty defense.
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:07 pm So yeah, that's Luna so far. Empty buddying propping up easy lynch-wagons. I voted for Luna to be a captain, because I thought I'd be able to read her pretty well, and that her reactions would be especially revealing. Nearing the end of Day 1, I'm leaning towards her being scum.
I was the first to place my vote on Mac. I didn't campaign for his lynch. Everyone else thought he was a good option as well. If he flips town, I would look closely at speedchuck and Marmot, who were the second two to jump aboard. I can't light-heartedly joke with people in the thread without scrutiny? I have not intentionally buddied anyone.

You didn't campaign for his lynch because you barely posted, and you never bothered to justify your vote. Stop trying to shift all the blame onto everyone else. What disturbed me about your comment to DH was how you avoided communicating an opinion about your team. It felt cagey.

IMO, saying that Golden is definitely civ, and that anyone who votes for him should be lynched, WITHOUT ACTUALLY GIVING A REASON WHY HE IS CIV, is lazy buddying, especially when it allows you to go after an easy target such as Mac.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 1]

Post by insertnamehere »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:52 pm If I were mafia, my posts would look a lot nicer. When I'm town, I'm not as careful and end up looking suspicious. I thought you knew that by now. I'm still addressing your earlier post.
So, if you look suspicious, that means you're town, and if you look nice, that means you're mafia?

Nope, not buying this at all.
this bizarre defense that Luna made still bothers me.

[VOTE: lunalee] aubergine
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 am I was actually sitting on an INH suspicion last night, but I or one of my crewmates can bring that up later, when INH is on the lynch poll.

Is Nova usually this aggressive when voted?
I'd love to hear it now, friend-o.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:20 pm Oh I guess winning missions keeps you off the poll too so there's that. Totally forgot.
And increases the odds of winning future missions. I guarantee there are missions none of you can complete with your base stats. And sometimes the consequences of losing are higher than others.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:35 pm I'm not writing longer analysis on people I suspect because I don't have them.

I have gut, and some specific posts which pinged me and which I have already pointed out.

And I have a load of previous experience telling me that whenever I make a long analysis on someone, it's a bunch of bullshit that is mostly used for confirmation bias (i. e. I already suspected the person previously, and wanted it to look like I was being rational).

So I'd rather just do that: instinct, specific posts, and generally trying to keep a broad view of the game and its possibilities.

Recent experience says this works out better.
A dragon after my own heart.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:47 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:01 am @Kylemii Y HELO THAR FRIEND
I have become Khadgar the Nameless. You will address me as such.
how did you come to earn this moniker?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:07 pmNova is just irking me more and more. Super hyper defenses and discrediting other players by insisting that other players are completely discrediting him.
I think Sokoth's defenses look superer hyperer than Nova's. Nova feels more poised to me.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 1]

Post by speedchuck »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:23 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:52 pm If I were mafia, my posts would look a lot nicer. When I'm town, I'm not as careful and end up looking suspicious. I thought you knew that by now. I'm still addressing your earlier post.
So, if you look suspicious, that means you're town, and if you look nice, that means you're mafia?

Nope, not buying this at all.
this bizarre defense that Luna made still bothers me.

[VOTE: lunalee] aubergine
I've made this defense myself like five times on this site (truthfully, as town). I just worded it better.
I've never used it as scum. Because I've never had to. :P
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:24 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:37 am I was actually sitting on an INH suspicion last night, but I or one of my crewmates can bring that up later, when INH is on the lynch poll.

I thought your push to not lynch Mac was futile and only meant to express your 'displeasure' with a towny lynch. Gimme a bit to clarify something, because I'm lazy.

[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] Can I 'copy and paste' from ship topics? Can I do so if I don't tag it as such?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:21 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:23 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:07 pm What are your responses to Epi's question, Luna? You cast shade against DH for his honesty, while you've been apprehensive to discuss any of your crewmates.
I was joking with that post. I don't see a reason to analyze anyone on my 2-person team too deeply because mafia can only night-kill someone they are in a crew with. If I only have two people in my crew, and one happens to be mafia, they won't do anything or it will be too obvious to narrow down.
linki: this now appears to be incorrect.

This is a weird attempt to sidestep taking a stand on her crew using a dubious grasp of the rules. I could go crazy with WIFOM here on the rule misunderstanding, but it's also possible that a baddie Luna would make the same incorrect assumption.
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:07 pm Perusing your ISO, you have some weird shit in there.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 pm I see no way that Golden isn't town in this game. So why is MacDougall and DrWilgy voting to lynch him? Not a good look for either of them.
This was followed by a vote against Mac that jump-started his wagon, but seems utterly asinine. Just, Golden = definitely town, and therefore Mac must be lynched. Dumb. Yes, I agree that Golden reads civ, but, as I said, I think that due to his strong responses to Nova. From the following post, I assume Luna read maybe five words of that conversation.
I admit, I have not kept up with the Golden/Nova drama. My case against Mac was hinged off of his vote on Golden, and Golden's earlier posts about role mechanics.

You never explained your town read of Golden, and you never built a case against Mac. All you said was that you don't understand why anyone would vote for Golden, and followed that with a vote for Mac. Bringing up some apparent "role mechanics" post that Golden made, which in your eyes made him unimpeachably town, feels like a lazy, empty defense.
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:07 pm So yeah, that's Luna so far. Empty buddying propping up easy lynch-wagons. I voted for Luna to be a captain, because I thought I'd be able to read her pretty well, and that her reactions would be especially revealing. Nearing the end of Day 1, I'm leaning towards her being scum.
I was the first to place my vote on Mac. I didn't campaign for his lynch. Everyone else thought he was a good option as well. If he flips town, I would look closely at speedchuck and Marmot, who were the second two to jump aboard. I can't light-heartedly joke with people in the thread without scrutiny? I have not intentionally buddied anyone.

You didn't campaign for his lynch because you barely posted, and you never bothered to justify your vote. Stop trying to shift all the blame onto everyone else. What disturbed me about your comment to DH was how you avoided communicating an opinion about your team. It felt cagey.

IMO, saying that Golden is definitely civ, and that anyone who votes for him should be lynched, WITHOUT ACTUALLY GIVING A REASON WHY HE IS CIV, is lazy buddying, especially when it allows you to go after an easy target such as Mac.
More regarding the Luna case. No idea whether she would pretend ignorance to avoid giving a read on teammates. I don't get the reasoning there anyway.

Her Golden read could possibly be a simple overstatement of a strong gut read. With this, though, I'm playing Devil's advocate. It's not a bad observation. (Inb4 people tell me I shouldn't call my wife a 'devil')

So you've got some decent points, except for your hate of the "I look bad when good defense." I cannot condemn that one, as that's me.
Or, at least, that was me before I was mafia in every game (except this one).
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:24 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:20 pm Oh I guess winning missions keeps you off the poll too so there's that. Totally forgot.
And increases the odds of winning future missions. I guarantee there are missions none of you can complete with your base stats. And sometimes the consequences of losing are higher than others.
Hmm ok.

I guess we should have started with an Easy mission then.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:42 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:24 pm

I thought your push to not lynch Mac was futile and only meant to express your 'displeasure' with a towny lynch. Gimme a bit to clarify something, because I'm lazy.

@Spacedaisy Can I 'copy and paste' from ship topics? Can I do so if I don't tag it as such?
Cooy and pasting of anything that isn’t available to everyone is forbidden. You can rephrase things in your own words if you wish, but you can’t copy what someone else says word for word into another thread. If it’s your own words you are copying then whatever man. I don’t care about that, bu anyone else’s words is a strict no.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by novaselinenever »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:50 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:23 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:58 pm I'm 30% on that last part at least until somebody shows up with a D1 lynch poll thing.
For what it's worth, I ended the day on DDL :grin: There were three of us there.

He ended the day on Mac. 6 votes there iirc.
Wait, what?

You didn't say anything about suspecting me.

Unlike the other times where you tunneled on me like... like DH is doing right now.
Eh, there was nothing to say with a few minutes left on the phase. Your flip-flopping, and uneasiness to commit on materialized opportunities.

I expended on it after the day started here,
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:50 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:42 am You're forced to vote Wilgy or DDL.

Which do you choose, and why?
DDL.

I have him as bad. He read as an anxious wolf towards the EoD that got lost. He was all over the place and proposing CFD on several players, but not committing to any of them. Two opportunities (Luna and me) materialized but he immediately backed down, and went with a vote on Mac who's lynch he allegedly didn't like. Felt like a scum statement after he caught some heat for his flip-flopping "See, I'm committing here, and he's going to flip Civ. No scum would do that, amirite?". I also liked DH read on him, and ISO earlier. It mirrors some of my thoughts, especially his fence-sitting.

I'm neutral on Wilgy. And GTH, I would give him a slight Town read. I only remember him for his vote on Golden, and trying to bait him. He's a bit too care-free and abrasive from what I'm getting. He doesn't seem like someone who's in a BTSC scheming, and being careful.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hmm this is nice.

ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by novaselinenever »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:07 pm Nova is just irking me more and more. Super hyper defenses and discrediting other players by insisting that other players are completely discrediting him. Either Nova is correct in that any player who suspects him is living in some other galaxy and that he's the only one with a complete unblinkered view of the reality of this game, or he's the crazy one. (inb4 inh is deliberately misrepresenting me and is therefore bad)

Plus, his SQ case is dumb. DUMB I SAY. His vote switching and unwillingness to go along with me at the end of D1 feels downright malicious IMO.
Eh, look maybe I'm the crazy one. My case on SQ may be dumb. Vote switching stuff. Whatever.

All that is fair but I think you're exaggerating things and I don't really appreciate it. Several people have voiced concern about me, and you don't see me trying to discredit them nor calling them bad. I didn't even interact with some. Amongst them, you and Owner have voted against me and there were no "super hyper defenses nor discrediting" from me. At least, until this post.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

YUN
QUI
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Of the people on the poll, I will NOT vote:
Glorfindel
Turnip Head
Golden
Dragon D. Luffy

I am more or less indifferent on:
Lunalee
Marmot
lapluie
DFaraday

I am likely to vote one of:
DrWilgy
SokothQultuq
Kylemii
speedchuck
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:32 pm Of the people on the poll, I will NOT vote:
Glorfindel
Turnip Head
Golden
Dragon D. Luffy

Lunalee
Marmot
lapluie
DFaraday

DrWilgy
SokothQultuq
Kylemii
speedchuck
Why

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:36 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:32 pm Of the people on the poll, I will NOT vote:
Glorfindel
Turnip Head
Golden
Dragon D. Luffy

Lunalee
Marmot
lapluie
DFaraday

DrWilgy
SokothQultuq
Kylemii
speedchuck
Why
Don't speak to me
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jk dude but it's mostly gut, I'll justify more if I figure it out
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speed just has been giving me suuuper funky vibes, not what i usually get from him as town. and kyle needs to be around more
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]sig[/mention] crewbuddy where you at? you're the yunquian that i trust the least
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] when you get a chance could you add sig's iso to the front page? it still just has dom
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hey DH my ISO is still on its first page. Come at me bro. Make me talk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 pm Hey DH my ISO is still on its first page. Come at me bro. Make me talk
I just did fuckin' checkmate literally vote for yourself.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 0]

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:03 pm Apparently I can vote more than one person. Cool. Gonna try that.

Epi's case on DDL is a solid case, or, as solid as I've seen on D1. "People caring how other people see them" is one of those "tells" that people say is scummy... but it actually isn't. The correlation is not strong. DDL preyin' on that.

Epi's megapost is literally the only thing I've read in the thread. I'm gonna make some blind votes and then skim.
Bland entry
speedchuck wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:05 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:53 pm Why don't you guys stop with this stealthy wagon testing and lynch me? Come on, make a glorious DDL D1 lynch. Haven't had one in 2018 yet I think. I wanna see who has the guts for it, because right now you all seem to lack it.
:scared:

im scared

Bad
speedchuck wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:46 pm
Sanggolden wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:10 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:05 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:53 pm Why don't you guys stop with this stealthy wagon testing and lynch me? Come on, make a glorious DDL D1 lynch. Haven't had one in 2018 yet I think. I wanna see who has the guts for it, because right now you all seem to lack it.
:scared:

im scared
Why?
Just playing along with the joke. But yeah, I'm not super keen on lynching DDL. Epi's case wasn't bad, in the same way that pointing out meta-scum behavior or some such is a good case. But that doesn't make it right. DDL often plays in a less-than-pristine way as town. Lots of people do. I do.
Ehhh
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:05 am
Sanggolden wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 am Day zero and day one is where mafia slip and think they can get away with it. They protect their own, help each other out and pass it off as unimportant. The very fact you set out to overtly break the tie and then did it with absolutely no post history to back it up is part of why I find yours in particular the most suspicious - because what mafia would be so bold, huh? It has its own inherent wifom.
:|

I'm not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, I've seen players that never do this. On the other hand, I'd seen it happen all of once. On the third hand, we have a whole paragraph of justification for the nova case ending with "it's WIFOM."
What
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:54 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:50 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:49 am Considering a vote for Macdougall or Enrique at the moment.
Why Mac? Meta/inactivity?
He doesn't have that town fire. He's voting for Golden. He's not even show up on my radar, and that's not usual.

So... yes? Yes. But feel free to substantiate or dunk on that.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 am Yeah, looking at Mac's ISO doesn't make me not want to lynch him.
Fine
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:03 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:53 pm Nutella because in the process of me writing this post, she posted and tipped her hand a bit maybe:
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 am I have to agree with Colin on Enrique. Felt like he was just saying stuff to say stuff.

Haven't sorted out where I am on Golden/Nova yet. Which is kinda weird because usually I'd be on Golden's side in a heartbeat, but I'm not feeling it so far.
"Just saying stuff to say stuff." = Mafia.

*incredibly cool backflip onto a stage filed with notes*
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:31 pm My bonds with Luna and TH are special and inviolable :noble:
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:18 pm I really have not thought about this very much I guess that would make sense

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:35 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:31 pm Of the five currently-tied players, I'm not super enthused about Golden and TH, mainly because I find them fairly hard to read, and both of them seem to be campaigning heartily. Then again, they'd probably want the mantle of captain regardless of alignment.

If people think that they can easily catch Golden and TH if they turn out to be scum, then by all means, vote for both of them. Unfortunately, I don't think I can, so either of them being captain makes me a little nervous.
*Pastes this post into my INH Scrapbook of Mysteries for future scrutiny*
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:36 pm Aw now I have no votes. And someone who's not even playing has one. :pout:
nutella wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:51 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:18 pm
Sanggolden wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:12 pm I just realised TH offered jobs to all three people I publicly said I was offering jobs to :suspish:

This after he deliberately voted in a way that pushed me out of top 4 when he voted.

Before I overreact, opinions please. Would town TH deliberately bait me?
My crew picks have nothing to do with whatever you're doing. I've got #squad #goals
This is a #TownieTurbup.

nutella wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:26 am Sup sacks. Sackdougall here to show you my sack.
Golden and Mac team up with Goldman Sachs and get gold in sacks
Seems like an awful lot of "saying stuff to say stuff" to me but what the hell do I know.
In context, Nutella's "Saying stuff to say stuff" is about Enrique giving 'scumhunty' positions in a 'player salad' manner, in other words, acting like he's contributing because he needs to look good.

Your quoted nutella posts are fluffy, but fluff is not what she was talking about. There is no fake substantiality to Nutella's quoted posts there, which is what Enrique is accused of.
Obviously his best post in the game, but doesn't make him good by any metric
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:54 pm Would Golden and Nova state the case against each other in like, ten words or less? I drown when I look at that argument chain.

My current take:
Golden - "Nova's captain votes are weird and probably bad"
Nova - "Nu uh they normal and you are bad for your fake accusation"
Golden - "Man, what an overreaction. Calling it scum"
Nova - "Town Golden wouldn't have a case this bad"

Is that anywhere close?
Ehhhhh feels like forced participation in an ongoing discussion
speedchuck wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:35 am Soneji hadn't posted much. I reckon the person controlling the kill cares about the health of the game, and targets low posters for that reason. OR, they like killing someone who doesn't implicate anyone in particular. The other mafia with him/her could be anyone, so long as they aren't forceful about killing people that suspect them.
mmmm nk analysis but that kind that makes me feel icky
speedchuck wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:48 pm

More regarding the Luna case. No idea whether she would pretend ignorance to avoid giving a read on teammates. I don't get the reasoning there anyway.

Her Golden read could possibly be a simple overstatement of a strong gut read. With this, though, I'm playing Devil's advocate. It's not a bad observation. (Inb4 people tell me I shouldn't call my wife a 'devil')

So you've got some decent points, except for your hate of the "I look bad when good defense." I cannot condemn that one, as that's me.
Or, at least, that was me before I was mafia in every game (except this one).
....k dude. maybe your thoughts on inh aren't half bad, but it just so happens he's not on the poll, so it's maybe not the best thing to pursue right now
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:45 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 pm Hey DH my ISO is still on its first page. Come at me bro. Make me talk
I just did fuckin' checkmate literally vote for yourself.
Too bad I can't because my noble captain put himself in danger for the sake of his beloved crew
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:39 pm @sig crewbuddy where you at? you're the yunquian that i trust the least
He said something about having to go to Saturday school or some bullshit like that
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Kylemii is alright on day 0 but pretty much disappears once the actual game begins and puts a throwaway vote on speed because he hasn't caught up and doesn't know what to do. Today says he will review DDL specifically, like he saw that DDL was the main focus of the thread for a bit and figured that was the cool thing to latch onto. Not inspiring
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Every night before I go to bed I pray that kyle isn't scum
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

nutella wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:40 pm @Spacedaisy when you get a chance could you add sig's iso to the front page? it still just has dom
Unfortunately I can’t do that until I am settled into a hotel for the night because I can’t do it from my phone.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”