Shepherd Book's Hair (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 3]

Post by novaselinenever »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:16 am I'm torn between agreeing with what Glorf just said about nova, and thinking nova just found an easy way to throw away his votes and is now milking it.
False dilemna :nicenod:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 am
Glorfindel wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:06 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:13 am Turnip Head
Dr Wilgy
Dharmaplayer
Enrique

Insertnamehere
Glorfindel

Leaving Lapluie out of this beautiful rainbow list. I wouldn't lynch there though since she's getting replaced.
You know, I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t think you can be Mafia, my friend. If you were teamies with anyone with any experience around here they’d surely have convinced you of the folly of trying to argue that I’m bad under the circumstances where I have claimed Town. You can say that you’ll disregard my meta but it if you’re Town, it makes no sense to do so. You can go back and read my previous games and they will corroborate what everyone here is telling you 100%. Your only argument then, is that I’ve abandoned my approach to these games (that I’ve been playing for years) just to maybe win this game as Mafia. Why on earth do you think I’d do that? You honestly believe that I would put winning this game ahead of my long held principles? If you’re Town, you need to get on board with the rest of us and abandon this stubborn, bull-headed approach that you’ve adopted or you’ll hand the real bad guys this game on a platter.
It make sense to discard it when everything you've said or "done" so far is pointing towards the opposite. I put done in brackets because you haven't done anything. What was the point of you claiming your alignment if it weren't to give us a trustworthy player to bounce ideas off, to guide the thread and attempt to solve the game? I've played with players with truth-metas before, and they wouldn't claim their alignment unless it was become a speaker role from which other players could seek inspiration from. What have you done since claiming? Jack-shit. No-u'd Sig. Awful defense of the only baddie flip. Why did you not come back to me about Sokoth when I called you out on your post?

Or did you claim your alignment so you could coast all game?

I'm Town and if you want a Town read, earn it. The approach I adopt is printed on the only baddie lynch we have so far, so I'm not sure how it'll hand the "real bad guys" the game on a platter.
Man theres a dude at NF whose meta is that he is always a civ as long as he post ls a certain smiley in the first post.

There are metas and metas, they don't all follow the same rules. Some of them are just that easy to crack.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:23 am I hope we see you on the poll again soon Luffy. Real soon. :suspish:
This is cute but explain
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:16 am I'm torn between agreeing with what Glorf just said about nova, and thinking nova just found an easy way to throw away his votes and is now milking it.
Not really. I can't think of any other explanations.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Glorfindel »

:clap:
Dr Wilgy
Dharmaplayer
Enrique

Insertnamehere
Glorfindel

Leaving Lapluie out of this beautiful rainbow list. I wouldn't lynch there though since she's getting replaced.
You know, I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t think you can be Mafia, my friend. If you were teamies with anyone with any experience around here they’d surely have convinced you of the folly of trying to argue that I’m bad under the circumstances where I have claimed Town. You can say that you’ll disregard my meta but it if you’re Town, it makes no sense to do so. You can go back and read my previous games and they will corroborate what everyone here is telling you 100%. Your only argument then, is that I’ve abandoned my approach to these games (that I’ve been playing for years) just to maybe win this game as Mafia. Why on earth do you think I’d do that? You honestly believe that I would put winning this game ahead of my long held principles? If you’re Town, you need to get on board with the rest of us and abandon this stubborn, bull-headed approach that you’ve adopted or you’ll hand the real bad guys this game on a platter.
It make sense to discard it when everything you've said or "done" so far is pointing towards the opposite. I put done in brackets because you haven't done anything. What was the point of you claiming your alignment if it weren't to give us a trustworthy player to bounce ideas off, to guide the thread and attempt to solve the game? I've played with players with truth-metas before, and they wouldn't claim their alignment unless it was become a speaker role from which other players could seek inspiration from. What have you done since claiming? Jack-shit. No-u'd Sig. Awful defense of the only baddie flip. Why did you not come back to me about Sokoth when I called you out on your post?

I'm Town and if you want a Town read, earn it. The approach I adopt is printed on the only baddie lynch we have so far, so I'm not sure how it'll hand the "real bad guys" the game on a platter.
I was wrong about Dan - I’ll put my hand up for that. I don’t know how to break this to you but Town often gets it wrong because they don’t actually know who is Mafia and who isn’t. I have experience of Dan from the Star Trek SIM. Whilst that probably is not an experience that should hold much water in this game, he truly is a nice person and I was viewing what he did and said here in that light. I wanted to believe he was Town. You’ve played with players who have truth-metas before? Great! But I’m not them. You seem to be suggesting that (as Town) you find me uncooperative? Maybe you need to consider your approach. Your tone is kinda belligerent and I don’t think you’re going to find anyone particularly collaborative with a tone like that. It sounds to me like you’re desperately trying to lynch me when you know the truth - if you’re Town, your stubbornness could cost us the game.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Let's revive my old case

[VOTE: Enrique] aubergine
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Lunalee »

[mention]Golden[/mention] why did you put Glorfindel on the poll? Are you that sure that all of your crew are town, or are you trying to protect mafia by sending someone you are sure won't get lynched?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 82

Post by ColinIsCool »

I can vibe with Enrique lynch. I still don’t like what I saw from him; he didn’t do anything yesterday, though, so he wasn’t a focus of my recap.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Looking at who is on that wagon though gives me second thoughts :ponder:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Glorfindel wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:37 am :clap:
Dr Wilgy
Dharmaplayer
Enrique

Insertnamehere
Glorfindel

I was wrong about Dan - I’ll put my hand up for that. I don’t know how to break this to you but Town often gets it wrong because they don’t actually know who is Mafia and who isn’t. I have experience of Dan from the Star Trek SIM. Whilst that probably is not an experience that should hold much water in this game, he truly is a nice person and I was viewing what he did and said here in that light. I wanted to believe he was Town. You’ve played with players who have truth-metas before? Great! But I’m not them. You seem to be suggesting that (as Town) you find me uncooperative? Maybe you need to consider your approach. Your tone is kinda belligerent and I don’t think you’re going to find anyone particularly collaborative with a tone like that. It sounds to me like you’re desperately trying to lynch me when you know the truth - if you’re Town, your stubbornness could cost us the game.
All right, that's a start. Could you explain your post about his defense? That is actually one of my main problem with you, since I couldn't fathom your view of his big no u post. Different planets.

No, I seem to be suggesting that you're contribution to game-related content so far is non-existent with the exception of the Dan stuff. You do not have to be collaborative with me to contribute to the game.

I apologies for my tone, but that's just how I post. I don't harbor any ill will lol. I'm having fun and it's just the game. I just post like that when I suspect with someone. Most of my other posts are often light.

Claiming that I know the truth isn't the way to go if you're trying to reason with me and make me understand your truth-meta. It's pretty bad. The only truth I know is that I'm not liking what your play so far, and I'd lynch you over that.

I'm a strubborn fellow, so you'll have to excuse me for that. It hasn't costed me much when I'm invested in a game, so I'm good thank you. You already know what to do, if you want me view you in another light.
novaselinenever
Hitman

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 am
Eh, my english is bad. Sorry. What I meant is that I don't believe he's torn between those two choices, because he's bad.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Nova attacked me with similar tone in Ancient Greece. He was an unaligned indie at that point and I was scum but I think he was genuinely hunting at that stage.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 am
Eh, my english is bad. Sorry. What I meant is that I don't believe he's torn between those two choices, because he's bad.
Oh. I thought you were saying he was presenting 2 choices, limiting options.
But you're calling it insincere. Gotcha.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Glorfindel »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:52 am
Glorfindel wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:37 am :clap:
Dr Wilgy
Dharmaplayer
Enrique

Insertnamehere
Glorfindel

All right, that's a start. Could you explain your post about his defense? That is actually one of my main problem with you, since I couldn't fathom your view of his big no u post. Different planets.

No, I seem to be suggesting that you're contribution to game-related content so far is non-existent with the exception of the Dan stuff. You do not have to be collaborative with me to contribute to the game.

I apologies for my tone, but that's just how I post. I don't harbor any ill will lol. I'm having fun and it's just the game. I just post like that when I suspect with someone. Most of my other posts are often light.

Claiming that I know the truth isn't the way to go if you're trying to reason with me and make me understand your truth-meta. It's pretty bad. The only truth I know is that I'm not liking what your play so far, and I'd lynch you over that.

I'm a strubborn fellow, so you'll have to excuse me for that. It hasn't costed me much when I'm invested in a game, so I'm good thank you. You already know what to do, if you want me view you in another light.
Very well, you apology is accepted. And yes, under the circumstances I’ll do my best to accommodate your stubbornness. I am a reasonable man. Also, I will try to find some time tomorrow to specifically address your request. It’s after midnight here and I’m tired. A goodnight to you All!
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 am @Golden why did you put Glorfindel on the poll? Are you that sure that all of your crew are town, or are you trying to protect mafia by sending someone you are sure won't get lynched?
:huh: This is uncanny.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:08 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 am @Golden why did you put Glorfindel on the poll? Are you that sure that all of your crew are town, or are you trying to protect mafia by sending someone you are sure won't get lynched?
Why is that? I honestly think DrWilgy and DFaraday may both be town. I just had to pick one. Golden over here has a full crew to choose from. Does he not have any suspicions?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:20 am
Why is that? I honestly think DrWilgy and DFaraday may both be town. I just had to pick one. Golden over here has a full crew to choose from. Does he not have any suspicions?
It's uncanny because I had the same exact discussion with Golden in the ship chat. I'll still let him answer your questioning, but it amused me.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Switching to Wilgy for now, tagging in muh boi [mention]Epignosis[/mention]
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:36 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:20 am
It's uncanny because I had the same exact discussion with Golden in the ship chat. I'll still let him answer your questioning, but it amused me.
Oh, lol
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

This game is so dead today. Where is everyone?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

After much consternation, I have come to the opinion that [mention]nutella[/mention] is town.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

And by that I mean I went back and compared some posts and playstyles and such.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Post by Golden »

Dr Wilgy
Dharmaplayer
Enrique

Insertnamehere
Glorfindel

My rainbow list for this poll is literally the exact inverse of this.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:35 pm
Dr Wilgy
Dharmaplayer
Enrique

Insertnamehere
Glorfindel

My rainbow list for this poll is literally the exact inverse of this.
Nova was using Green to mean "Most likely to be aligned with myself" and red to be "least likely to be aligned with myself." :nicenod:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sure is not the right word. I believe that all my crew are town, that's why I picked them. Yes, I sent Glorfindel with the goal of ensuring that the person from my crew on the poll wouldn't be lynched.

The crew talked a bit about this yesterday night phase. My basic opinion is I can fire someone if I or the team (or the day thread) generally finds them to be bad, and people can mutiny if they believe me to be protecting anyone. But that besides that, people should let me do my thing because I trust my gut.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I want more talk on INH. Why isn’t he bad in the context of yesterday’s lynch?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:11 am I don't get it Glorf. Are you fundamentally opposed to ever receiving a mafia role? How do you think you would play if you were bad?
We've already seen how he plays if bad.

Someone asks him 'are you town'? He can't say yes, so he gives some kind of non-answer. He gets lynched.

It is what it is. Glorf is a person who can't put his morals aside to lie about his affiliation in game.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:42 pm I want more talk on INH. Why isn’t he bad in the context of yesterday’s lynch?
Speed made a case on inh yesterday that I admit that because I only skimmed the day I never found. Now you have one. I haven't myself felt anything off with inh, but what's the case?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:45 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:42 pm I want more talk on INH. Why isn’t he bad in the context of yesterday’s lynch?
Speed made a case on inh yesterday that I admit that because I only skimmed the day I never found. Now you have one. I haven't myself felt anything off with inh, but what's the case?
Check in my ISO to where I recap the D2 lynch, but essentially he seemed to have been misdirecting from the Sokoth lynch and looks pretty teammate compatible.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:38 pm
Sure is not the right word. I believe that all my crew are town, that's why I picked them. Yes, I sent Glorfindel with the goal of ensuring that the person from my crew on the poll wouldn't be lynched.

The crew talked a bit about this yesterday night phase. My basic opinion is I can fire someone if I or the team (or the day thread) generally finds them to be bad, and people can mutiny if they believe me to be protecting anyone. But that besides that, people should let me do my thing because I trust my gut.
You have a lot of faith in your crew. I personally find it easier to call players town when I'm scum, but if you were scum, I think you would have sent someone to the poll who was a townie with suspicions surrounding them.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:48 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:08 pm Nova was on sokoth early, and sokoth was not one of the leading wagons. When sokoth took the lead, nova tried to divert others to seeing Luna as bad while not being willing to swing that way himself.

This has all the hallmarks of distancing becoming bussing to me. It’s like something I would do.
It could be, but why go the distance to distance when there’s almost nothing from Sokoth? Why not seize onto one of yesterday’s major cases? Nova looks very genuine to me so if he is bad then kudos.
I swear Nova is going to golden his way to a mafia win at this rate. All of his behaviour matches with exactly what I would be doing if bad; his manipulation, his bussing techniques. I see his mind so clearly. It's frustrating to me that I can't get others to see it! People come out going 'he looks so good' and I'm thinking 'this is exactly how I get you guys when bad'.

Going distance to distance is an effective technique, because it looks town. He did go distance to distance, but he also encouraged people to see luna as bad when push came to shove in the last 15 minutes of the phase... and then only said he was never going to flip to luna himself once the poll closed. I was actually refreshing that poll every 20 seconds or so to see if he was going to do a last second flip that noone could react to, the way he broke the tie on day zero.

Anyway, I know this is me flogging something that can't even have anything done about it today... so on to a post about inh.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:58 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:38 pm

You have a lot of faith in your crew. I personally find it easier to call players town when I'm scum, but if you were scum, I think you would have sent someone to the poll who was a townie with suspicions surrounding them.
I've always found it easier to identify townies than scum. It's why I like to use the 'town core' and 'Process of elimination' approaches. It's absolutely possible that I'm trusting the wrong person somewhere, but I have no trouble keeping an open mind, despite frequently appearing like I have tunnel vision.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK colin, I read the inh stuff, or more specifically your recap of the day and conclusions.

The thing that jumped out to me turned out to be an error when I read back. You said that inh suspected three people (Nova, DDL, TH). In fact TH was Luna, and looking back in inh's iso the luna suspicion tracked back into day one. So his Luna vote immediately stood out to me as incongruous in your recap but actually it's not at all.

As for him having glorf so strongly green - this part does have merit. I think of inh's strong defences of teammates in this years Game of Champs, for example. I have never really understood the way inh's brain works, so I don't really know what his reasons were for defending there and if it's the same kind of mindset that would lead him to put an under fire teammate at green on his rainbow. It's worth investigation for someone who has the time.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I do think it's likely there's scum other than sokoth on the Luna wagon. I don't think it's DDL. That leaves DH, owner and inh.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Enrique »

I don't respect any of these "Enrique's posts are empty" takes because of how wrong they are. Sorry, I don't have a lot of posts but I don't regret their content (and no I'm not counting the last few days where I literally was not playing).

Glorfindel and Epignosis are my main town reads. Glorf calling SQ's post reasoned etc. was hilarious and weird but I believe his meta stuff.

For a while there I thought Luna and DDL read a lot like teammates, first being stupidly agreeable with each other (he refuses to get near her case, follows the godawful Mac wagon she started, she dismisses firing him when he's acting so fucking terrible) and then their disagreement and DDL's firing feeling super forced, like a really clumsy sort of distancing. There's an inh post that perfectly sums up this weird dynamic.
insertnamehere wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:37 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:39 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:53 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:51 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:50 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:49 pm Nah I'm not a traitor. She invited me to her crew.

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
I thought you didn't like Mac's lynch?
My dudes, DDL is a bad.
Well, if nothing else, I now have three major suspects: DDL, Luna, and Nova.
INH, what do you think of DDL voting for me now? Since you suspected us both.
I'm considering if both of you are teammates, based on how DDL said he suspected you in the thread on Day 1, but then claimed he couldn't vote for you, but now you both seem to be happy to try and lynch each other. Mayhaps a mutual decision to bus was made in the baddie chatroom during Night 1?

I'm guessing that this question is an attempt to make me back down on one of you because as you seem to be implying "you both can't be bad." To which I call poppycock.
Now, based on yesterday's lynch Luna has gone down considerably in my list of suspicions. You figure the mafia would have at least some discursive control and the attempted Luna counter-lynch would make no sense without a stupid amount of WIFOM. But I'd also like to point out (and this should be obvious) how inconsistent and contradictory DDL has been through the whole game. One of his first stated concerns is avoiding "low resistance lynches", but still ends up on the Mac wagon. His opinions form out of complete thin air and that first day was a disaster. I mean, Jesus Christ, he made all of these posts practically in succession:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:54 pm Would Golden and Nova state the case against each other in like, ten words or less? I drown when I look at that argument chain.

My current take:
Golden - "Nova's captain votes are weird and probably bad"
Nova - "Nu uh they normal and you are bad for your fake accusation"
Golden - "Man, what an overreaction. Calling it scum"
Nova - "Town Golden wouldn't have a case this bad"

Is that anywhere close?
Yeah pretty much. It boils down to how much you think nova's vote is a teammate thing or not. The rest is tone reading, instinct, that kind of stuff. Right now I don't feel strongly about nova, but I do think Golden is town.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 pm I hate this Mac lynch by instinct. It feels too easy. We are lynching him because he didn't come to play, not because he's being trying to look like civ and failing.

It feels too easy.

I'll jump on it if this dumb Golden lynch doesn't lose traction, though.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:33 pm Ok let's go

YOLO

[VOTE: Nova] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 pm Eh I dunno man not feeling it

[VOTE: Enrique] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 pm Ugh now I want to lynch Luna but she invited me I don't wanna mutiny my captain.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:49 pm Nah I'm not a traitor. She invited me to her crew.

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
I sense very little logical continuity to his posts. Each vote is just whatever looks convenient at the time. This DH post calling him out is great:
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:26 pm Anyway I'm gonna try to put as much of my thoughts on DDL on paper here as possible.

Part 1:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:52 pm Enrique giving me bad vibes.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:56 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:35 am Man it looks like I went with the popular choices, but I swear I had those people in mind before the thread opened. Guess the rest of you had similar ideas.
This post also gives me bad vibes, seems overly worried with how others will view your votes.
DDL's earliest suspects are "vibes" on Enrique and Nutella. This is *really* early so I don't necessarily care that they're just vibes but as I went back through his posts his vibes on Nutella vanish pretty much and doesn't expound on his Enrique suspicion beyond "He sounds salad-y" or whatever. Anyway, speaking of being overly concerned how people view you:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:06 am So let's say something to disarm the asshats who are already trying to dig teammate relations from the people voting me, while also adding a healthy dose of WIFOM.

The two people voting for me are both from Naruto Forums, and both created accounts in this site because I invited them to.

So right now the default reason for them to be voting for me is obvious: familiarity.
^^ Here ^^ DDL decides to nip in the bud some of his Captaincy votes, or rather votes for Captain that he's received from other people. Nipping some suspicion in the bud here, but like...who actually cared?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:07 pm Last game I played with DH (champions) he was breathing on everyone's neck over petty reasons. This time he's just chilling about crews.

In that game he was mostly arguing with Epi, who, in this game, is content with dropping a case on me and then spending the rest of the day posting gifs and defending against accusations.

Joining him is Mac, who is also just chilling.

What is up with all the traditional civ leaders playing second fiddle? I feel like Golden is working overtime to do your part here.

And yes, I'm treating some players different from each other, because there are specific people who are usually noisy and bossy and just aren't being like that right now.
At least here he's voicing some concern with me and Mac, though calling it suspicion would be a stretch and a half.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:46 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:44 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:54 pm -> I think DDL looks bad but I'm not sure
-> I also think he's acting suspicious

This is pathetic.
I haven't done my intended big post yet as far as "everyone I suspect and why" but in my catching up just on the posts I've missed since last night this one caught my eye. You trippin boss.
This is a slow day, with people who normally post a lot being happy not to say much, with a bunch of them accusing me softly but not actually going through with it.

It sounds like a civ lynch in the making. Not necessarily of me, but of some low resiatance wagon that baddies manage to latch on.

I want to prevent that shit. I want drama. I want scumhunting. I want arguing. This day 1 is too cool for my tastes.
^^Here^^ DDL says he wants to "prevent a low resistance wagon that baddies could manage to latch on to." Which is one of several posts made hilarious by the fact that he latched onto a low resistance lynch that lynched the civ leader Mac. Coolest of beans.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:51 am I'm ok with a lynch on Mac rn but it also feels like bait. Mac is making it too easy.

Enrique is actually trying not to be lynched and I don't think he's actually succeeding.
^^Here^^ We see the classic "I'm cool with lynching this guy but if it turns out he actually is lynched and he flips civ then woo-boy did I have my reservations, golly. Swears it."
Still coming down off a cold and its late and I think that's a good spot to end Part 1 and I'm watching other shit right now so I'll pick up w/ Part 2 later tonight
On this last quote, the sentence:
Enrique is actually trying not to be lynched and I don't think he's actually succeeding.
is a flat-out lie, as I pointed out earlier.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:36 pm
Enrique wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 pm The idea that I've been trying to deflect a lynch is also pure fiction conceived while I was away ftr
I actually used the wrong wording in there.

You weren't trying to deflect a lynch, because the lynch didn't exist.

You were trying to look like town. So I guess "avoid" is a better word.

And that is not the basis for my case on you, it's just something I compared you with Mac for.
It is conveniently lousy wording that just so happens to further an artificial wagon against me and make it seem real. He hides behind being clumsy to justify bad posting, and he really pushes this too when he starts quoting "old DDL" and talking about how embarrassing this was, like we're just supposed to discount him? To repeat myself and further clarify on the quoted post, nobody was really talking about me while I was around, I had no concept of anyone reading me as anything less than a civ besides a Day 0 post by DDL (incidentally) where I gave him "bad vibes". He never dropped me after that and has been consistently fabricating reasons to pursue me pretty much on his own (I know it's picked up a little more since I've been away, it's still stupid).

But besides DDL, who is very blatantly bad and there's no excuse for not lynching him before Day 5...

The Mac lynch was also seriously so fucking stupid, if we'd like to review it. I mean, I don't think anyone ever seriously thought that because he was inactive he had to be bad. I can't read stuff like this and see anything besides opportunism:
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:46 pm [VOTE: macdougall] aubergine not entirely caught up but doing stuff w friends atm. Hanging back from golden vs nova, I think golden is probably civ but I don't think I see what he sees in nova (although this is by far the most active I've ever seen nova which I may count as a point against him). Mac's iso is far too dull and it might be burnout but it might be that he's bad (or both).
Reading Mac's ISO should have told you exactly one thing, that he wasn't really involved in the game. That's it. That's not a sign of anything besides itself.

Some other thoughts:
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:27 am So does anyone on Soneji’s crew think there may have been a rat among you last night? Did he say anything that would have made him a target? Because it seems like a strange choice to me, unless the idea was to really give us nothing to work with.
Soneji was very clearly not active, this reads like full-on bullshit. Mafia killing inactive players is not a new concept. Colin has some pretty good opinions on this game but either takes the easy way out or focuses on boring details too often. Like I can sort of see his thought process behind some reads, but then he ends up doing something completely different. He was also really uncool about me IMO when DDL was trying to get me lynched; pretended I had a case on him and then used FWWM to appeal to DH because of how hard it is to trust me. Meh.

INH also has pretty good reads and mostly registers as a civ, only he downplayed the SQ thing after he so obviously gave himself away.

On Golden and nova. It was really boring to read, and I ended up being more on nova's side but I think Golden's opinions were pretty consistent with how he plays. That discussion wasn't really alignment-indicative for nova at all, but here's what I got, I think the greatest indicator of his goodness was Sokoth's freakout post where he completely gave himself out after a pretty mild post by nova.

As far as people actually on this stupid poll. I have DH and Glorfindel as good, INH as leaning good, Wilgy and lap obviously are non-presences and... that leaves Turnip Head. He's just mostly unconvincing irreverent. Don't appreciate his "let's get Enrique" bit which he's been repeating since Day 2 when he hasn't even talked about me otherwise. :pout: nova has him at the top of his rainbow, and it sounds like they got to discuss SQ together in their ship BTSC. idk if nova has anything more to say about how that went.

Would be great to have more Wilgy and lap content to read!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 pm I do think it's likely there's scum other than sokoth on the Luna wagon. I don't think it's DDL. That leaves DH, owner and inh.
It's not Owner.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:17 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 pm I do think it's likely there's scum other than sokoth on the Luna wagon. I don't think it's DDL. That leaves DH, owner and inh.
It's not Owner.
My dudes I put SQ on the poll rather than (allegedly) Any other civ?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Not that I usually understand how Golden makes decisions but placing Glorfindel on the poll having that crew also really feels like an insult
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:21 pm
It's not Owner.
(It's DDL).
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

My dudes I got shit on for daring to question Glorf's town meta but Golden gets a hall pass for putting what should be a confirmed town on the lynch poll lol coolest of the beans.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:25 pm My dudes I got shit on for daring to question Glorf's town meta but Golden gets a hall pass for putting what should be a confirmed town on the lynch poll lol coolest of the beans.
broke: putting a mafia member on the lynch poll
woke: putting a recognized civ on the lynch poll
bespoke: putting yourself on the lynch poll
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It's not Owner.
Why not?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Owner of a Lonely Heart has been killed by NIska. She was Inara Serra. Her stats were 3 Diplomacy and she was a Companion. She was also a civilian.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It's not Owner.
My dude as I pointed out you deserve zero cred for that and if you keep pushing it I’d go to negative cred.

If I was bad I’d put out my teammate and then if they got lynched, bingo, town cred.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Fam-a-jam if you are on Golden's crew and you don't mutiny tonight you deserve to get NKed.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

if i was bad i would lose the game BAM townie cred
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:29 pm
It's not Owner.
My dude as I pointed out you deserve zero cred for that and if you keep pushing it I’d go to negative cred.

If I was bad I’d put out my teammate and then if they got lynched, bingo, town cred.
Brill plan guv lemme choose willingly to put my V. Suspicious Teammate on the poll when I could...not....

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:32 pm
It's not Owner.

Brill plan guv lemme choose willingly to put my V. Suspicious Teammate on the poll when I could...not....
Sokoth was hardly ‘very suspicious’ at that point or a lock lynch at any point.

Are you suggesting you’ve never made a move for distancing and, worst case, town cred when bad?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:34 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:32 pm
It's not Owner.

Sokoth was hardly ‘very suspicious’ at that point or a lock lynch at any point.

Are you suggesting you’ve never made a move for distancing and, worst case, town cred when bad?
The goalpost is over there boss.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You are incredibly dismissive in this game DH. You hear something you don’t like and you just discredit discredit discredit.

Answer the question straight. Are you telling me you wouldn’t use the captain mechanics to increase your own cred? You’d prefer to protect (in your words) a “v suspicious” teammate than to send them out and, if they get lynched, use the line you’re using today?

I said the first time I don’t think this makes you bad. I think it’s NAI. But if you push this as being alignment indicative, that bothers me. There’s absolutely no way people should overrate how townie that move is.

Return to “Previous Jobs”