Total votes: 17
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 2]

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:36 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:54 pm You know after thinking about it further. I can't really drop the hammer on Wilgy just because of lack of Activity and what I have just yet. I think I'll keep him on my list of suspects and : [VOTE: LUNA] for now.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if anyone can give me anything that might swing my vote.
I've gotten this far in my reading.

I'm moving my vote to DrWilgy.
O wow u rite. Dat stink. [VOTE: drwilgy] aubergine

I'm in the golden's-full-of-crap camp re: glorf on the poll. Like unless you seriously believe your whole crew is town at the same level of confidence you trust glorf, it's the wrong choice for the town. And thinking about it speed is probably right that the whole crew mechanic can be bad for the town if we don't think really carefully about strategy and motives. My thoughts on this are complicated so I'll try to say more later.
You and anyone who says this.

What is the right choice for the town in my shoes? You’re telling me I’m doing it wrong. What does doing it right look like?

And if you say ‘put the person on you suspect the most’ - if I suspect them, why should I not just fire them?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 3]

Post by Golden »

People also say this as though I’m offering jobs to just anyone. There’s no chance I was offering a job to wilgy, for instance.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Enrique »

Someone who can plausibly be scum works.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by novaselinenever »

Enrique wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:33 pm Someone who can plausibly be scum works.
Why would he put his scum buddies on the poll?
novaselinenever
Hitman

[VOTE: Insertnamehere] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:30 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:54 pm You know after thinking about it further. I can't really drop the hammer on Wilgy just because of lack of Activity and what I have just yet. I think I'll keep him on my list of suspects and : [VOTE: LUNA] for now.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if anyone can give me anything that might swing my vote.

I'm in the golden's-full-of-crap camp re: glorf on the poll. Like unless you seriously believe your whole crew is town at the same level of confidence you trust glorf, it's the wrong choice for the town. And thinking about it speed is probably right that the whole crew mechanic can be bad for the town if we don't think really carefully about strategy and motives. My thoughts on this are complicated so I'll try to say more later.

What is the right choice for the town in my shoes? You’re telling me I’m doing it wrong. What does doing it right look like?

And if you say ‘put the person on you suspect the most’ - if I suspect them, why should I not just fire them?
Sure if you suspect them then fire them, whatever. If you don't, put the person you're least confident, by however small a margin, is town. That's why I said unless you trust them all as much as you trust glorf, which I would never believe. Show some goddamn humility that your other reads have some chance of being wrong so that we have a chance of questioning them.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 pm Sure if you suspect them then fire them, whatever. If you don't, put the person you're least confident, by however small a margin, is town. That's why I said unless you trust them all as much as you trust glorf, which I would never believe. Show some goddamn humility that your other reads have some chance of being wrong so that we have a chance of questioning them.
Pretty sure this is the issue. :haha:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Sure if you suspect them then fire them, whatever. If you don't, put the person you're least confident, by however small a margin, is town. That's why I said unless you trust them all as much as you trust glorf, which I would never believe. Show some goddamn humility that your other reads have some chance of being wrong so that we have a chance of questioning them.
They don’t have to be on the poll for you to question them.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:39 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 pm Sure if you suspect them then fire them, whatever. If you don't, put the person you're least confident, by however small a margin, is town. That's why I said unless you trust them all as much as you trust glorf, which I would never believe. Show some goddamn humility that your other reads have some chance of being wrong so that we have a chance of questioning them.
The issue is that I read people like you and DDL as town and others don’t and I’m protecting you. I don’t care, I think you’re town and if I put you on the poll, you get lynched and come back town, then no one can tell me it’s my behaviour that’s antitown. I’m putting my neck on the line, it’s fine, that’s what I do. It’s not hard for a mafia captain to give the people who they want. It’s like fucking gladiator.

I’m not interested in presenting humility for the purpose of being liked or making people comfortable. I have one agenda and one agenda only - winning the town the game.

This is another example putting way too much time and effort into behaviour that they find disagreeable instead of behaviour where they can articulate a baddie motive.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 521

Post by MacDougall »

Oh I'm technically on the poll. Wait, is every single member of Serenity on the poll?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:39 pm
The issue is that I read people like you and DDL as town and others don’t and I’m protecting you. I don’t care, I think you’re town and if I put you on the poll, you get lynched and come back town, then no one can tell me it’s my behaviour that’s antitown. I’m putting my neck on the line, it’s fine, that’s what I do. It’s not hard for a mafia captain to give the people who they want. It’s like fucking gladiator.

I’m not interested in presenting humility for the purpose of being liked or making people comfortable. I have one agenda and one agenda only - winning the town the game.

This is another example putting way too much time and effort into behaviour that they find disagreeable instead of behaviour where they can articulate a baddie motive.
(I'm not blaming you or anything. It's just that attitude that has people disagreeing with you. It's silly to ignore your gut in favor of enabling lynching someone you don't suspect.)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Can someone who is generally regarded as likely to be a civ give me the general thread consensus on who bad here? I stopped paying attention after you savages lynched me while I was watching preseason football.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 pm I don’t care, I think you’re town and if I put you on the poll, you get lynched and come back town, then no one can tell me it’s my behaviour that’s antitown.
Disagree.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:51 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 pm I don’t care, I think you’re town and if I put you on the poll, you get lynched and come back town, then no one can tell me it’s my behaviour that’s antitown.
Disagree.
Seriously?

If I correctly townread someone you believe it’s Antiguan for me to accurately protect them? You think the town thing to do is allow the mislynch?
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:49 pm Can someone who is generally regarded as likely to be a civ give me the general thread consensus on who bad here? I stopped paying attention after you savages lynched me while I was watching preseason football.
If you ignore scum!Golden, I'm the towniest of Townies around. There is no general consensus, but I'll let you in on a secret: Golden and DDL are bad, but they aren't on the poll unfortunately.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:49 pm Can someone who is generally regarded as likely to be a civ give me the general thread consensus on who bad here? I stopped paying attention after you savages lynched me while I was watching preseason football.
If you ignore scum!Golden, I'm the towniest of Townies around. There is no general consensus, but I'll let you in on a secret: Golden and DDL are bad, but they aren't on the poll unfortunately.
Dude with no experience of me thinks I’m activelu defending and protecting my baddie teammate.

Yeah no.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden = lawyer
Golden says dude
Golden = scum?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:54 pm
Disagree.
Seriously?

If I correctly townread someone you believe it’s Antiguan for me to accurately protect them? You think the town thing to do is allow the mislynch?
I completely forgot that the mafia in this game is supposed to lie, so this post makes sense to me.
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 pm
Dude with no experience of me thinks I’m activelu defending and protecting my baddie teammate.

Yeah no.
From the people on the poll, who do you think is bad?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I will probably be voting for Wilgy based on my limited awareness of what is going on here. Turnip Head too but only because he took too much satisfaction out of the woes of Serenity.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Disagree.
Seriously?

I sympathize with your not wanting that to happen. In a captain position I would do everything in my power to keep my gut town reads from getting lynched. Which is why I would put my least trusted person on the poll. Not my most trusted one. What are you not getting here? How is there not someone you trust less? I guess your reasoning is that DDL and Speed already seemed likely lynch candidates so you put more weight on saving them. You could have submitted yourself though, like our noble TH.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm

Yeah no.
Wilgy and TH absolutely. I think there’s a good chance both of them are. Glorfindel the only one who is entirely unlikely, but I won’t be voting Mac today either.

I like that DH actually busted out a meta defence. It fits with his negan personality, but I have no active experience to decide whether or not he’d protect his teammate as captain. I like DHs day one and dislike his day 2.

INH and Enrique are possibles. I don’t generally tend to think teammates defend teammates as strongly as inh defended sokoth, but inh is someone I don’t get and could be an exception. Enrique feels like he’s just jumping on the ‘attack golden for captaincy stuff’ bandwagon, and he did it by making a false equivalency argument that seemed like a threat to me.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh and marmot's on your crew. Why not him? If you wanted to protect DDL and speed, and feel 100%about glorf, and I guess understandably don't want to submit yourself, why not the other guy who doesn't seem to have much going for him either way? I don't think he would have been likely to get lynched, but at least there is a chance he's bad, right?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden should put himself on the poll tomorrow tbh :shifty:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:02 pm
Disagree.
Seriously?

I sympathize with your not wanting that to happen. In a captain position I would do everything in my power to keep my gut town reads from getting lynched. Which is why I would put my least trusted person on the poll. Not my most trusted one. What are you not getting here? How is there not someone you trust less? I guess your reasoning is that DDL and Speed already seemed likely lynch candidates so you put more weight on saving them. You could have submitted yourself though, like our noble TH.
The person I trust less is marmot, but I still think he’s town. I could have submitted myself, and would have done so if I didn’t have somebody so unlynchable on my team. Why put up a lynchable townie when you could put up an unlynchable townie?

I do like this post in that I think you’re making genuine effort to see it through my eyes. I think a lot of people speaking about this are more interested in the superficial optics of what I’m doing than the actual strategy.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

There is no consensus and we are too busy doing a war of ship crews right now.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:00 pm I will probably be voting for Wilgy based on my limited awareness of what is going on here. Turnip Head too but only because he took too much satisfaction out of the woes of Serenity.
Serenity is walking that fine line between underdog and colosall failure. I'm glad you've been given a second chance to fail more spectacularly :beer:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:05 pm Oh and marmot's on your crew. Why not him? If you wanted to protect DDL and speed, and feel 100%about glorf, and I guess understandably don't want to submit yourself, why not the other guy who doesn't seem to have much going for him either way? I don't think he would have been likely to get lynched, but at least there is a chance he's bad, right?
Here’s the thing...

People can make cases about who is bad. I will engage in them. I will listen. If I agree, I’ll either put them on the poll or I’ll fire them. I don’t see the merit in putting someone on the poll because they are the most lynchable person who I think could be bad. The most lynchable is also the most mislynchable. I’d prefer to have a clear read before throwing someone to the wolves.

Now there’s one thing here I admit that I’ve just thought about for the first time... which is what if all crews win and take my approach. And then I’d agree we have a problem.

But right now, this poll looks juicy indeed. I knew wilgy would be back up. THs form was to put himself up and I didn’t see that changing. That’s two people I actively think are bad and want to see lynched right there. Putting glorf up aids that end.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yeah no.
To be fair the last time I tried to call you the master busser of the universe you denied and said your bussing skills weren't a big deal.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:13 pm

Yeah no.
To be fair the last time I tried to call you the master busser of the universe you denied and said your bussing skills weren't a big deal.
Was I bad at the time? Lol
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

There is a gap between bussing and protecting, though.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ship loyalty seems to run thicker than blood atm. Prolly should have seen that coming. Tho I might need to dump sig off at the nearest dumpster planet
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Yeah no.
Wilgy and TH absolutely. I think there’s a good chance both of them are. Glorfindel the only one who is entirely unlikely, but I won’t be voting Mac today either.

I like that DH actually busted out a meta defence. It fits with his negan personality, but I have no active experience to decide whether or not he’d protect his teammate as captain. I like DHs day one and dislike his day 2.

INH and Enrique are possibles. I don’t generally tend to think teammates defend teammates as strongly as inh defended sokoth, but inh is someone I don’t get and could be an exception. Enrique feels like he’s just jumping on the ‘attack golden for captaincy stuff’ bandwagon, and he did it by making a false equivalency argument that seemed like a threat to me.
Wilgy and TH, yeah? Absolutely? Who do we lynch today?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden I'll vote for TH if you do.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck
Glorfindel
Lunalee
Golden
nutella
Dragon D. Luffy
Epignosis

Marmot
DharmaHelper

Macluie
Enrique

DFaraday
sig

insertnamehere
ColinIsCool
Turnip Head
novaselinenever

DrWilgy

My scumreads are kinda run-of-the-mill, sorta just... there.
I made this mostly to show off my townreads. Look at 'em! Purty stuff.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Yeah no.
We were both civ I think but I was trying to argue that you were a monster busser and you downplayed it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:16 pm Golden I'll vote for TH if you do.
[VOTE: turnip head] aubergine
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I decided I'm tired of waiting for Wilgy to come and play. Voting for him.

I still think Enrique is bad but the little voice in my head tells me I could be full of shit. Wilgy has done shady stuff and is also less valuable based on his contribution so far.

Sorry Wilgy.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Wtf enrique :pout:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 pm I decided I'm tired of waiting for Wilgy to come and play. Voting for him.

I still think Enrique is bad but the little voice in my head tells me I could be full of shit. Wilgy has done shady stuff and is also less valuable based on his contribution so far.

Sorry Wilgy.
What shady stuff has he done?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

TH wagon right when I do that
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Yeah no.
We were both civ I think but I was trying to argue that you were a monster busser and you downplayed it.
Yeah I’m not really a monster busser, I only bus at the moment I think it gets maximum cred, a teammate isn’t a resource to lose lightly.

But getting myself in to the trap of obviously defending a teammate is something I studiously avoid.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 pm Wtf enrique :pout:
it's the first time i ever use [ vote ] i felt so powerful for a second
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 pm I decided I'm tired of waiting for Wilgy to come and play. Voting for him.

Sorry Wilgy.
What shady stuff has he done?
More like he hasnt dont much and there is that post from Sokoth that implicates him.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Yeah no.

This is a nice post.

Mind explaining why Wilfy and TH are absolutes? I can't compute that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Inb4 you suspect me because my last post lacks consistency in meaning with the previous one.

As if I cared enough to do a logical progression between them.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:22 pm TH wagon right when I do that
I approve of a wilgy vote as well, I assumed that’s where I was going. But a TH lynch would clarify a tonne for me. If he’s bad I think I’m right about a lot. If he’s good then I’ve just been paranoid and I need to sit back and reevaluate.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 pm Inb4 you suspect me because my last post lacks consistency in meaning with the previous one.

As if I cared enough to do a logical progression between them.
I already suspect you so meh. Just keep digging.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Yeah no.

This is a nice post.

Mind explaining why Wilfy and TH are absolutes? I can't compute that.
I don’t mean that like I’m certain. Just that my read on them is not a grey thing, where with some of the others I can see that they might be bad but I don’t feel as confident.

Return to “Previous Jobs”