Total votes: 17
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 3]

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:51 am
Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 pm Can we CFD Enrique please?
I'm in
Oh I wish this would happen.
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:49 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:42 am You keep telling me that you've read my points. That they're compelling. You haven't given me your perspective in anything other than surface level thumbs up.
Yeah, I’m trying not to emotionally invest right now. I really do need to walk away. But I’ll come back to it in more depth later.

As for clearing out my crew - I will put glorf up again if I think you’re trying to make my life harder. I can fire anyone I actually think is bad, I’ve said this before. If you can’t convince me with words, you won’t convince me by trying to use mechanics against me.
You have a strong town read on me. You think my points are salient. Why are you against putting DDL on the poll to the point where you would put Glorfindel and Marmot on it? If you are town this is bad play and not democratic. You are not a bad player. You are a strategic and very sensible townie. Town you would give in and give us this. This is why I am suspicious of you.
I may well give in.

I nearly used my check on DDL. It’s all my gut, and I know there’s only a certain length of time I can rely on my gut over strong town feelings.

You don’t have to tell me how to play. If you advocate stupid shit like lynching marmot just to force me to do what you want, I’ll not trust your motives and do stupid shit to stop you. You should lynch who you think is bad, not who you think punished me the most.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 412

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 4]

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:51 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:50 am
nutella wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:47 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:13 am
It's my opinion. You were on the only bad team in the game. You were not genuinely hunting mafia. That's my view. It isn't changing. I modded the game. The previous game has been raised as a something to discuss, so I will discuss it, and I don't disagree with TH. I disagree with you. Get over it.
Sorry but I have to side with Golden here. You don't get to disagree on someone's feelings or mental state.
I can disagree if someone calls himself "genuine."
Sure, as long as you understand that means you are calling me a liar outside of the context of an in game situation.
It isn't outside the context of an in-game situation.

I don't even understand how this is an issue.

I don't suspect you.

My entire point is that I don't suspect Turnip Head either, even though you said he was "shading you" (whatever that means) for something that happened in another game.

I am entitled to my opinion, even if nutella thinks I'm not, and that opinion leads me to believe that this avenue against TH is a poor avenue.

I don't understand how this is so complicated, or why this exchanges even evolve into issues like this the way that they do.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*these exchanges
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:53 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:42 am You keep telling me that you've read my points. That they're compelling. You haven't given me your perspective in anything other than surface level thumbs up.
Yeah, I’m trying not to emotionally invest right now. I really do need to walk away. But I’ll come back to it in more depth later.

As for clearing out my crew - I will put glorf up again if I think you’re trying to make my life harder. I can fire anyone I actually think is bad, I’ve said this before. If you can’t convince me with words, you won’t convince me by trying to use mechanics against me.
Then your crew has the obligation to mutiny you. You should go take that breather and come back later to argue but in the game this is true.
No it’s not, it’s bullshit. And it’s stuff like this that makes me feel I’m making the right call.

Town should remember that if I’m right, I’m making life incredibly hard for the mafia. NOT letting them get their mislynch candidates on the board is valuable.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Let me (perhaps?) clear this up:

Perhaps you felt you were genuinely hunting the third party, but if you hit a civilian and won, you wouldn't care. My point is you were not genuinely hunting mafia without care for losing a civilian.

Does that help any?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 521

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 3]

Post by MacDougall »

Towards end of day 3 I asked to CFD Enrique. Luna and Nova were keen. DDL kicked it off in earnest.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:28 pm [VOTE: Enrique] aubergine

Let's do this.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Let's do this.
That's one way to turn me off :suspish:
Golden wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Let's do this.
This from mr ‘I hate cfds’ :p

I’m sticking where I am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Let's do this.
That's one way to turn me off :suspish:
I had the same reaction :haha:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:31 pm Ok reverse psychology then.

I vote for Wilgy/TH.

You vote for Enrique to avoid me.
LOL
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 pm Enrique CFD let's do this
There was so much desire to lynch Enrique. He ended with 0 votes and Wilgy with 10.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:33 pm [VOTE: WIlgy] aubergine
Somehow everyone bounced off the Luffy led wagon when it was Enrique. But when it was Wilgy it ended in a Wilgy lynch that DDL claimed was an attempt at reverse psychology.

Luffy's reverse psychology ended up being.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:34 pm Wilgy says I'm scum and then sheeps my ENrique vote in the same post.

I can't make this shit up

HABSDAJDNKAJSDFHKASNKJLFDNKL
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:35 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:34 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Let's do this.
This from mr ‘I hate cfds’ :p

I’m sticking where I am
Oh god I was right day 0. DDL IS SCUM HEEEELP.

@MacDougall u cool dude.
THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU JOINING ME?
You are mister I hate CFDs.

I am misses I love CFDs.
WHO THE HELL CARES

WE ARE HUNTING SCUM, IF YOU THINK I'M SCUM WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING THE CFD I JUST STARTED

This is so wrong.

Wilgy is bad.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:36 pm Guys lynch WIlgy
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:36 pm Oh you're saying Sokoth saved Wilgy.

Interesting.

Linki: WTF you just wanted to CFD Enrique.

You're bad.
I'm not in the poll. Shut up about me and lynch one of the people we are talking about.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:39 pm Mac I literally changed my vote in reaction to the wilgy vote that happened 2 minutes before.

Stop caring about consistency. This is EoD.

WILGY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT WHO GETS LYNCHED. HE THINKS I'M BAD BUT IS HAPPY TO FOLLOW THE CFD I JUST STARTED
This was DDL again saving the guy that he has been scum reading all game long.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*with care

Jesus I'm tired.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

It's my opinion. You were on the only bad team in the game. You were not genuinely hunting mafia. That's my view. It isn't changing. I modded the game. The previous game has been raised as a something to discuss, so I will discuss it, and I don't disagree with TH. I disagree with you. Get over it.
Sorry but I have to side with Golden here. You don't get to disagree on someone's feelings or mental state.
No?? By genuine he meant that he truly believed what he was saying. You can't decide what someone else believes.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:55 am

Then your crew has the obligation to mutiny you. You should go take that breather and come back later to argue but in the game this is true.
No it’s not, it’s bullshit. And it’s stuff like this that makes me feel I’m making the right call.

Town should remember that if I’m right, I’m making life incredibly hard for the mafia. NOT letting them get their mislynch candidates on the board is valuable.
You are preventing town from getting the Mafia we want on the board actually. There will always be mislynch candidates on the board no matter what.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:54 am
Sure, as long as you understand that means you are calling me a liar outside of the context of an in game situation.

I don't suspect you.

My entire point is that I don't suspect Turnip Head either, even though you said he was "shading you" (whatever that means) for something that happened in another game.

I am entitled to my opinion, even if nutella thinks I'm not, and that opinion leads me to believe that this avenue against TH is a poor avenue.

I don't understand how this is so complicated, or why this exchanges even evolve into issues like this the way that they do.
Well I dunno, maybe it’s because you tell me I don’t know what words mean when I do know what they mean. Have you ever considered that might be incredibly condescending?

You are arguing it’s a poor avenue against TH? That’s strange, since the avenue you are talking about is THS ANGLE AGAINST ME.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:58 am
No?? By genuine he meant that he truly believed what he was saying. You can't decide what someone else believes.
How do you even play Mafia? :shrug:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:59 am

You are preventing town from getting the Mafia we want on the board actually. There will always be mislynch candidates on the board no matter what.
You don’t know what I’m doing actually until people get lynched. Neither do I. That’s the point.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not "deciding" what someone believes. But just because someone says they believed it doesn't mean they did.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:00 am

You don’t know what I’m doing actually until people get lynched. Neither do I. That’s the point.
You are putting up weak candidates to protect crew you have a town read on.

You are wrong about your read on DDL. He is easily the most obvious Mafia player in the game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:59 am

I don't suspect you.

Well I dunno, maybe it’s because you tell me I don’t know what words mean when I do know what they mean. Have you ever considered that might be incredibly condescending?

You are arguing it’s a poor avenue against TH? That’s strange, since the avenue you are talking about is THS ANGLE AGAINST ME.
You know what?

Carry on.

This isn't worth my time. If you're bad and you win, okay. Excuse me for giving this shit my all.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:56 am Let me (perhaps?) clear this up:

Perhaps you felt you were genuinely hunting the third party, but if you hit a civilian and won, you wouldn't care. My point is you were not genuinely hunting mafia without care for losing a civilian.

Does that help any?
Ramses could not be nked. Knowing the identity and getting them lynched felt absolutely critical to us winning. God dammit did I absolutely care. I wouldn’t have done so much work if I didn’t.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

^This. Like I get that you're stubborn about your town reads but if you're wrong you're straight up just handing the mafia the win on a platter.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So far we have lynched on Mafia (who only got lynched by 2 votes over a confirmed civilian).

This poll limitation mechanism makes it super difficult for the town.

The town need to play like a team here. We need a block.

I am strongly town reading:

Nutella
Turnip Head
Epignosis
Nova
Glorfindel
DharmaHelper

I also think speedchuck is a civ but I am more null.

DharmaHelper and Turnip Head you are captains. Golden is not using his captaincy abilities properly. You guys can. Turnip Head you are harbouring nobody I want to lynch. DharmaHelper you are harbouring two. I know putting up your boys is putting your captaincy at risk but it is for the health of the game.

Turnip Head. If I can convince DH to leave his own ship will you take us both?

[mention]Glorfindel[/mention] [mention]speedchuck[/mention] regardless of how you are reading golden, his continued protection of DDL is to the detriment of the town. If you are civs you are obliged to play to the town benefit. You need to mutiny or leave his ship.

[mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] and [mention]Turnip Head[/mention] can you extend invites to these two please.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:02 am
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:59 am

I don't suspect you.

You know what?

Carry on.

This isn't worth my time. If you're bad and you win, okay. Excuse me for giving this shit my all.
But really it has nothing to do with whether I’m bad or not, right?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don’t get your angle, epi

You say you’re town reading me but you’re going out of your way to argue I’m lying about something that happened in another game. How do those two things connect together?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:06 am I don’t get your angle, epi

You say you’re town reading me but you’re going out of your way to argue I’m lying about something that happened in another game. How do those two things connect together?
I don't think TH is bad and trying to get you lynched.

The end.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:04 am So far we have lynched on Mafia (who only got lynched by 2 votes over a confirmed civilian).

Nutella
Turnip Head
Epignosis
Nova
Glorfindel
DharmaHelper

DharmaHelper and Turnip Head you are captains. Golden is not using his captaincy abilities properly. You guys can. Turnip Head you are harbouring nobody I want to lynch. DharmaHelper you are harbouring two. I know putting up your boys is putting your captaincy at risk but it is for the health of the game.

@Glorfindel @speedchuck regardless of how you are reading golden, his continued protection of DDL is to the detriment of the town. If you are civs you are obliged to play to the town benefit. You need to mutiny or leave his ship.

@DharmaHelper and @Turnip Head can you extend invites to these two please.
If you think I'm gonna leave my ship you can suck a whole fart.

As for invites, I've had an open invite to these scrubs for days nobody takes me up on it.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Enrique »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:04 am @Glorfindel @speedchuck regardless of how you are reading golden, his continued protection of DDL is to the detriment of the town. If you are civs you are obliged to play to the town benefit. You need to mutiny or leave his ship.
:nicenod:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] I am strongly considering leaving to go to your ship. I see that you made me an offer but I do think DharmaHelper is town captain by virtue of him having put Sokolth up on the poll. If DharmaHelper doesn't put one of them on the poll I will definitely take you up on your offer.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:08 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:04 am So far we have lynched on Mafia (who only got lynched by 2 votes over a confirmed civilian).

Nutella
Turnip Head
Epignosis
Nova
Glorfindel
DharmaHelper

@Glorfindel @speedchuck regardless of how you are reading golden, his continued protection of DDL is to the detriment of the town. If you are civs you are obliged to play to the town benefit. You need to mutiny or leave his ship.

@DharmaHelper and @Turnip Head can you extend invites to these two please.
If you think I'm gonna leave my ship you can suck a whole fart.

As for invites, I've had an open invite to these scrubs for days nobody takes me up on it.
How does what you are doing assist the civilian cause?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh fucking hell I quit.

golden fires DDL
golden fires glorfindel
Golden fires speedchuck
Golden fires marmot

Go at it. I’m sick of the judgemental attitudes. I’d think my record as town would earn a little respect and trust regarding my tactics, but no...

I have a good gut, but I make mistakes.

I’m taking my ship and sulking.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Lol Mac I want you on Yun Qui but good luck getting DH to abandon Serenity. I agree about DDL and Enrique fwiw.

Linki: jump ship Mac I'll take you aboard
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have Glorfindel as a civilian, but do you see me refraining from tearing into him?

No, no you don't.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:09 am Oh fucking hell I quit.

golden fires DDL
golden fires glorfindel
Golden fires speedchuck
Golden fires marmot

Go at it. I’m sick of the judgemental attitudes. I’d think my record as town would earn a little respect and trust regarding my tactics, but no...

There is no judgement from me Golden. I am just doing what I feel is in the best interest of the town.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden with all the love and respect in the world you should log off today and come back to play this nice fun game again with us later.

But also thank you for the upcoming feast on scum.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:10 am

I have Glorfindel as a civilian, but do you see me refraining from tearing into him?

No, no you don't.
Well, maybe you should reconsider that approach since all it’s got you is his vote.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:11 am

golden fires DDL
golden fires glorfindel
Golden fires speedchuck
Golden fires marmot

There is no judgement from me Golden. I am just doing what I feel is in the best interest of the town.
Bullshit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay mate.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also Mac I only have one open spot.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] and [mention]Turnip Head[/mention] do not give DDL passage or I will fight you irl.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:12 am Also Mac I only have one open spot.
I don't intend for you take them both, just the first that accepts.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:11 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:10 am

No, no you don't.
Well, maybe you should reconsider that approach since all it’s got you is his vote.
At least he's voting now. :nicenod:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

‘We should do what Mac thinks is in the best interests of the town. This means telling golden he doesn’t know what’s in the best interests of the town.’

I may be one of the kings of fuck mountain around here, but I never disrespect the instincts of the others. Perhaps you should take ten seconds out and wonder why I might gut and tone read DDL as town instead of assuming I’m wrong because you disagree.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Glorfindel refusing to participate in the polls was bad and encouraging him to is good and helpful. I'm staying out of the Courage debate because I neither understand it nor care, but Epi is right about this.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:13 am ‘We should do what Mac thinks is in the best interests of the town. This means telling golden he doesn’t know what’s in the best interests of the town.’

I may be one of the kings of fuck mountain around here, but I never disrespect the instincts of the others. Perhaps you should take ten seconds out and wonder why I might gut and tone read DDL as town instead of assuming I’m wrong because you disagree.
So you want me to just ignore all my own opinions because you have different ones even though I've documented them and several people agree with them?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper offers a position on the Serenity to Glorfindel
DharmaHelper offers a position on the Serenity to Speedchuck

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I hereby grant captaincy of the Bonnie Mae to MacDougall

Let’s see what you can do.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

golden fires DDL
golden fires glorfindel
Golden fires speedchuck
Golden fires marmot

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden if you think that putting up candidates like Marmot and Glorfindel poll after poll is in the best interests of the town I just totally have to disagree. It is in the best interests of Golden and Golden feels that what is good for Golden is good for town. I appreciate that is how you feel. But my feelings about the alignment of one of the people you are protecting means I cannot agree with you this time.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

what is this i don't even
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:15 am I hereby grant captaincy of the Bonnie Mae to MacDougall

No thanks.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:15 am I hereby grant captaincy of the Bonnie Mae to MacDougall

:confused2:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:14 am
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:13 am ‘We should do what Mac thinks is in the best interests of the town. This means telling golden he doesn’t know what’s in the best interests of the town.’

So you want me to just ignore all my own opinions because you have different ones even though I've documented them and several people agree with them?
No. I think everyone should be allowed to have their own opinions and play accordingly.

I think that telling me I’m playing the game ‘wrong’ is disrespectful.

But whatever. Maybe you just have a better grip on the game than I do.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:17 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:14 am

No. I think everyone should be allowed to have their own opinions and play accordingly.

I think that telling me I’m playing the game ‘wrong’ is disrespectful.

But whatever. Maybe you just have a better grip on the game than I do.
Feeling like another player in the game of Mafia is incorrect is not disrespecting them. It is part of the nature of the game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Saying you're wrong and encouraging you to do what I think is right is not disrespecting you. Nor would you telling me to suck a fart and continuing to do what you think is best. Again, this is the nature of this game.

Return to “Previous Jobs”