Shepherd Book's Hair (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 4]

Post by Enrique »

It's not "sheeping" if it's coming to my own conclusion, you goofball. It's not like it's the first time I have something against you, either.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

No one seems to give much of a damn about which of these two gentlemen dies lol, except for maybe Enrique
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:02 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:59 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:53 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:41 pm This is not the first time nutella has said something about me and Enrique has just sheeped it.

How much of Enrique’s content is sheeping?
I pulled the quote from DH first, said it was bad, then nutella agreed for a moment and took it back and then I made a post to tell her that it actually is bad. Cool narrative, though.
Fair enough, sheeping DH then. It makes no odds to my “narrative”.

DH didn’t treat it like a silver bullet. Nutella briefly did for a justified reason - she thought it was identical to other baddie behaviour she’d seen from me. You’re acting like it’s a silver bullet just... because?
Because it reads like you're intentionally playing it safe. Preemptively absolving yourself for not voting SQ even though you know he will turn bad. I'm not asking you to tell me I'm right and out yourself right now, but surely you can see why it looks terrible.

linki: there's the fact that Marmot made like one on topic post among a sea of shitposts. The rest literally doesn't say anything. "That tells something" is not worth anything if you can't tell what that something is.
It only looks terrible if you choose to push that interpretation.

Reasons it doesn’t look terrible:

1) I have no issue committing to bussing my teammate, even when it’s last minute or a clinching vote. See, for example, the LC lynch nutella mentioned. The only reason that one looked even a little dodgy is that I’d subbed in that phase and felt certainty would look false.

2) It is my standard practice to give my opinion on all viable wagons. In that case all three were essentially equal in my mind.

3) I care more about how I look with things like that when I’m bad. The fact it does make me look bad after knowing sokoth is bad and wilgy and Luna are town is why you should realise I didn’t know.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

[mention]insertnamehere[/mention] where do you stand on the issues
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I forgot about inh
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

- He's so handsome isn't he?
- Who is?
- The boy reading this.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:53 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:41 pm This is not the first time nutella has said something about me and Enrique has just sheeped it.

How much of Enrique’s content is sheeping?
I pulled the quote from DH first, said it was bad, then nutella agreed for a moment and took it back and then I made a post to tell her that it actually is bad. Cool narrative, though.
Tbf I quoted the post independently of your response to it/I was posting from catchup and didn't see that you had also pulled it. But yeah, you suspected it independently of my thing.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This lunch poll hasn't changed much has it?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 521

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:48 pm @MacDougall Why are you on DFaraday if you've been saying that no one bussed?
wtf
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Marmot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm This lunch poll hasn't changed much has it?
No. And both you and DF have been virtually absent after self voting.

That DF hasn’t even come back to say anything is really making me feel like it could be antispew at the moment. He may have felt caught by info.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 412

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm This lunch poll hasn't changed much has it?

That DF hasn’t even come back to say anything is really making me feel like it could be antispew at the moment. He may have felt caught by info.
Time stamps are info now. :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Voting DF, but without huge conviction. I wish people would actually read thecase I made on TH yesterday. I had a significant chunk of people who seemed willing to go that way yesterday and it’s evaporated and I don’t understand why.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Eh?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Your teammate Enrique has tried really hard to save you. To his own detriment really.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:37 pm Voting DF, but without huge conviction. I wish people would actually read thecase I made on TH yesterday. I had a significant chunk of people who seemed willing to go that way yesterday and it’s evaporated and I don’t understand why.
Nah dog. Enrique confirmed Marmot as scum.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:41 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:37 pm Voting DF, but without huge conviction. I wish people would actually read thecase I made on TH yesterday. I had a significant chunk of people who seemed willing to go that way yesterday and it’s evaporated and I don’t understand why.
Nah dog. Enrique confirmed Marmot as scum.
In what way? I didn’t really catch up.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hamfistedly trying to push the Faraday wagon.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Eh?
I'm amusing myself.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Glorfindel »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] : Is my former position aboard the Bonnie Mae still available?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:47 pm @MacDougall : Is my former position aboard the Bonnie Mae still available?
Of course.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I voted myself because I've been incredibly uninvested in the game lately. It's kind of demoralizing to play knowing I'm probably never going to be on a crew, so I didn't really care if I got lynched. But after mostly catching up I'll try to get back into it, not that I can do much. Voting [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine because he's not me.

Also, Golden's sudden turnaround on me looks pretty bad, but I guess I'm biased on that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:22 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:21 pm DH did you see the Epi posts about DF's timestamps around the SQ lynch? I don't think the team-o-meter is quite at "0%". It's not just what players say but the context around their saying it.

I agree with the DF post saying SQ's freakout was a pretty clear giveaway (or whatever he said) but it's curious that that was the one thing he engaged with after being MIA for days.
Marmot confirmed scum.
Enrique's talking to DharmaHelper here like he's trying to help him but all he is doing is ensuring that DharmaHelper giving Faraday a 0% on the team-o-meter doesn't remove his viablity as a candidate leaving only Marmot as viable. In the second paragraph he is also doing a thing that turned out to be a good scum tell in another game which is sharing an opinion and then offsetting it with equal intensity. To borrow Russtifinko's explanation.

"MP will remember that in high school English class, Mr. Goldfuss once told us about an analysis that was done on Hitler's speeches. A univeristy group had apparently analyzed a large number of them line by line and found that nearly every one had a net "opinion content" (I'm paraphrasing here) of 0. What they meant was, every time Hitler expressed an opinion in a speech, he offset it by saying the opposite thing with about the same intensity somewhere else in the speech. This made him very appealing, because everyone in a crowd could find something to agree with him about. (Mr. Goldfuss was weird, and recommended we try to follow this model for some speeches.) Mr. Goldfuss also lied a lot, and it's possible he made up that story entirely, but the core of it applies really well to some posts by Alien. Let's play a game: I'll post an Alien quote, highlight anything where he expresses a positive opinion in green, and highlight anything with a negative opinion in red. I think we'll find quite a few offsetting posts."
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DFaraday wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:50 pm I voted myself because I've been incredibly uninvested in the game lately. It's kind of demoralizing to play knowing I'm probably never going to be on a crew, so I didn't really care if I got lynched. But after mostly catching up I'll try to get back into it, not that I can do much. Voting [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine because he's not me.

Also, Golden's sudden turnaround on me looks pretty bad, but I guess I'm biased on that.
By being me, everything I do looks bad to someone :rolleyes:

I was beginning to think you weren’t coming back. Now that you’re back, tell us more about epis case on you. Why did you pick sokoth to be basically the one thing you noticed in that last catch up?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:50 pm I voted myself because I've been incredibly uninvested in the game lately. It's kind of demoralizing to play knowing I'm probably never going to be on a crew, so I didn't really care if I got lynched. But after mostly catching up I'll try to get back into it, not that I can do much. Voting [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine because he's not me.

Did you happen to buy any scratch-offs this week?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:50 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:47 pm @MacDougall : Is my former position aboard the Bonnie Mae still available?
Of course.
Then, I accept my former position aboard the Bonnie Mae (which incidentally, I never surrendered).

I personally don’t agree with Cap’s action here yesterday but I respect his right to do so. I’ve come to peace with his decision based on the knowledge that he would have had the welfare of his crew at heart.

novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by novaselinenever »

I thought you read DH as Town for his consistent read on Sokoth and contribution to the only baddie lynch so far. What's up?

Did Epi's case enthrall you this much?
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:55 pm

By being me, everything I do looks bad to someone :rolleyes:

I was beginning to think you weren’t coming back. Now that you’re back, tell us more about epis case on you. Why did you pick sokoth to be basically the one thing you noticed in that last catch up?
I didn't have a lot of free time last week, so I did a ton of skimming. Sokoth's novel-length defense against Nova caught my eye, and it struck me as wildly overblown, so I followed that thread.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by novaselinenever »

[mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] You have both INH and Enrique in your crew. Barring a failure, only one of them will be in the poll, that is if you cooperate. I really would like both in the poll. Fire one of them.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:47 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:40 am If the scum team is DDL, Enrique, Golden and INH that would be on the shortlist of the worst possible team to have to contend with I could come up with.
While you're at it you should read my posts on Golden + crew and figure out how they relate to DDL. The posts on the Serenity too. This whole thing where he wanted to put Glorfindel on the poll every night would have 100% won him the game as scum if his crew (including teammate DDL and potentially more) had let him get away with it. Getting Marmot on was an improvement but even he's downplaying it ("it was a democratic decision"). His crew went from being the most talked about players of Day 1 to being shielded for the rest of the game supposedly because Golden immediately town-read all of them and wouldn't let us challenge him on that.
Claims having marmot on the poll as a somewhat good thing tantamount to having mild suspicion.
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:22 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:21 pm DH did you see the Epi posts about DF's timestamps around the SQ lynch? I don't think the team-o-meter is quite at "0%". It's not just what players say but the context around their saying it.

I agree with the DF post saying SQ's freakout was a pretty clear giveaway (or whatever he said) but it's curious that that was the one thing he engaged with after being MIA for days.
Marmot confirmed scum.
0% chance Marmot gets lynched, I think.
I think he misunderstood me here and was trying to be like "heh yeah but no chance right guy".
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:51 pm Nobody is seriously talking about Marmot. He's basically not playing. It's more made up bullshit that will give the scum an easy lynch.
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:47 pm Ok I ISO'd them both.

I am now convinced they are both bad.

DF's posts re: Sokoth look like shit and Marmot is a shadow of his civ self.

Last time I piggybacked on a case by Epi it gave us Wilgy though, so I'm gonna go with [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

See you next phase.
I am convinced they are both bath, however, I am voting for the one that has been missing all game.
This should read "one that isn't my teammate".

For someone who is also "convinced they are both bad" Enrique is going to incredible pains to defend Marmot.

They're both bad. Ship them off to the longyard.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

EBWOP I have no idea where that disgusting coloured font came from...
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:56 pm
Of course.
Then, I accept my former position aboard the Bonnie Mae (which incidentally, I never surrendered).

I personally don’t agree with Cap’s action here yesterday but I respect his right to do so. I’ve come to peace with his decision based on the knowledge that he would have had the welfare of his crew at heart.

DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Did you happen to buy any scratch-offs this week?
...no?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Mac you need to be able to read posts and know when I'm mocking somebody or ironically using their words against them. lol.

Could a TH CFD possible take off here? [mention]Golden[/mention]?
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:57 pm
I thought you read DH as Town for his consistent read on Sokoth and contribution to the only baddie lynch so far. What's up?

Did Epi's case enthrall you this much?
Epis case did go to the heart of my town read but it wasn’t the reason. DFs absence was weirding me out, because I had to feel town DF would only self vote with a plan to return. There’s only so long I was willing to be comfortable with that self-vote, because it’s out of character (unlike marmot who is known for it).

Now that he’s turned up I feel better again.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:02 pm Mac you need to be able to read posts and know when I'm mocking somebody or ironically using their words against them. lol.

Could a TH CFD possible take off here? Golden?
If it can happen I’m still in. But I do find it weird that you suspect me on one hand and go with my TH stuff on the other. This is the one thing that keeps me from an out-and-out scum read on you.

I really do think TH is bad. People should read his iso and I posted a longer post about why on day three.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

I can see why nobody wants to lynch Sig even though he hasn't posted in nine days. He looks alright.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:02 pm Mac you need to be able to read posts and know when I'm mocking somebody or ironically using their words against them. lol.

Could a TH CFD possible take off here? @Golden?
Maybe. But the fact is that you're trying to get Faraday lynched and have gone about it in a way that makes you look like you are trying very hard to save Marmot.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DFaraday wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:50 pm I voted myself because I've been incredibly uninvested in the game lately. It's kind of demoralizing to play knowing I'm probably never going to be on a crew, so I didn't really care if I got lynched.
Why are you not on a crew and why does it matter? :ponder:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 pm I can see why nobody wants to lynch Sig even though he hasn't posted in nine days. He looks alright.
I’ve given as little thought to lynching sig as I did to lynching lapluie earlier. I guess we’ll have to deal with that slot eventually but not yet.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Could a TH CFD possible take off here? @ Golden?
Maybe. But the fact is that you're trying to get Faraday lynched and have gone about it in a way that makes you look like you are trying very hard to save Marmot.
Intriguing proposition...

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:06 pm

If it can happen I’m still in. But I do find it weird that you suspect me on one hand and go with my TH stuff on the other. This is the one thing that keeps me from an out-and-out scum read on you.

I really do think TH is bad. People should read his iso and I posted a longer post about why on day three.
I don't just "go with your TH stuff". TH has been coasting on being ironic all game and has got lucky with polls. I think he's a pretty good option, definitely better than the current two.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

How can you not have a scum read on him for this? He has a scum read on you and just asked to participate in a CFD with him?

Day 1 and 3 went like this.

Lynch candidate/s are fairly clear
Someone suggests a CFD on a separate player
Things devolve into an end of day clusterfuck
Someone else entirely gets lynched and flips town

Can we avoid that today please?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:09 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 pm I can see why nobody wants to lynch Sig even though he hasn't posted in nine days. He looks alright.
I’ve given as little thought to lynching sig as I did to lynching lapluie earlier. I guess we’ll have to deal with that slot eventually but not yet.
He's got 20 posts. They aren't bad.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:12 pm

I don't just "go with your TH stuff". TH has been coasting on being ironic all game and has got lucky with polls. I think he's a pretty good option, definitely better than the current two.
Lol on this occasion I wasn’t actually accusing you of sheeping.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:12 pm

How can you not have a scum read on him for this? He has a scum read on you and just asked to participate in a CFD with him?

I do have a scum read on him. But it’s this that gives me pause on it.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It's not that exciting. I contributed and was kicked off (by Golden).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:56 pm
Of course.

Great!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:15 pm

If anything it should make your read even stronger. If he was a townie with conviction he would be less likely to plea to you. As Mafia he has to remember that he made that shit up.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

This is new, isn't it? I've come after you several times and you argued back but I don't remember you ever saying you scum read me before.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Mac is gonna lose us this game out of pure stubbornness if he keeps this whole bit up where everything related to me is bad just because of a dumb conspiracy theory he came up with without reading the game.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:19 pm

This is new, isn't it? I've come after you several times and you argued back but I don't remember you ever saying you scum read me before.
Yeah, it’s mostly developed today. Mac has been influential, but it started when you were sheeping Nutella in her opinions of my use of captaincy. I now feel it firmly after you treating that one quote from me as a silver bullet.

Return to “Previous Jobs”