Total votes: 17
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 7]

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:31 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:24 pm Golden, if you are not bad then the baddies are out of DH, Epi, and DDL. That's it. Those are your choices. Assume you know that TH and I are town (and juliets). Who's it gonna be
"Assume me and my baddie partner are civ pls lynch everyone else pls we're dyin' out here"
Why do you think TH and I are baddie partners? Seriously examine that if you are town, but I increasingly don't think you are because of course the mafia are just soaking up this bullshit and reveling in it.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:32 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:28 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:27 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:24 pm Golden, if you are not bad then the baddies are out of DH, Epi, and DDL. That's it. Those are your choices. Assume you know that TH and I are town (and juliets). Who's it gonna be
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Explain
I just did. Big post above. Same page. Consider reading.
I mean not the ice-cream one, the one about Enrique
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Explain
I read it. Mostly Enrique interaction stuff that I can't really defend because yeah I flip flopped on him a bit and he said some stuff about me that I had no control over.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:33 pm
"Assume me and my baddie partner are civ pls lynch everyone else pls we're dyin' out here"
Why do you think TH and I are baddie partners? Seriously examine that if you are town, but I increasingly don't think you are because of course the mafia are just soaking up this bullshit and reveling in it.
"I think ur bad cuz you think I'm bad lul"
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:38 pm
I mean basically. Because at this stage of the game that is actually kind of how it works. The mafia are desperate to mislynch and I'm an easy scapegoat. If you're town please fucking think about this for five minutes.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:41 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:38 pm
I mean basically. Because at this stage of the game that is actually kind of how it works. The mafia are desperate to mislynch and I'm an easy scapegoat. If you're town please fucking think about this for five minutes.
:ponder:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:35 pm
Explain
I read it. Mostly Enrique interaction stuff that I can't really defend because yeah I flip flopped on him a bit and he said some stuff about me that I had no control over.
And the post from Golden dealing with your interactions that also looks bad.

So like... I wanna vote for you.

If it helps I intend to do the same for Epi and Golden now. Brb.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm reading DH, INH, TH and juliets as civs so the point is that I'm running out of options.

And besides today made me want to tear apart this Yun Qui happy family because I've decided it's a serious threat to the civilian faction. We lost Speedchuck last night because the civs among you thought it was a good idea to announce out loud that you were the ones who bought an item that protected everyone but the Bonnie Mac. Because some of you are bad, and the rest are locked in that toxic tribe mentality I talked about early.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm a spicy boi and I can't contain my spicy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 pm I'm reading DH, INH, TH and juliets as civs so the point is that I'm running out of options.

And besides today made me want to tear apart this Yun Qui happy family because I've decided it's a serious threat to the civilian faction. We lost Speedchuck last night because the civs among you thought it was a good idea to announce out loud that you were the ones who bought an item that protected everyone but the Bonnie Mac. Because some of you are bad, and the rest are locked in that toxic tribe mentality I talked about early.
Ok maybe that was a mistake. I definitely don't trust DH anymore after his behavior last night and especially today so I probably shouldn't have let that happen in front of him. Sorry. Why do you still trust him tho
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:52 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 pm I'm reading DH, INH, TH and juliets as civs so the point is that I'm running out of options.

Ok maybe that was a mistake. I definitely don't trust DH anymore after his behavior last night and especially today so I probably shouldn't have let that happen in front of him. Sorry. Why do you still trust him tho
He looked good re: Enrique interactions.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't "trust" him though, but I wanna lynch him less than I wanna lynch you.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 96
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DDL, do you think it was a civ who announced they bought the protection item? I mean, that makes sense to me because why would scum buy the thing, much less announce it. And I am not locked in a toxic tribe mentality, I am just convinced TH is good. I think it would be a mistake though to not consider people on your own ship. Isn't that just as toxic as what you accuse us of?

[mention]nutella[/mention] , you said you had some thoughts about why speed was killed. Do you want to share those thoughts? Do they implicate anyone?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It could be a civ or it could be a baddie. Keeping such an item away from the civ faction is a great reason for mafia to spend their money. I mean what else will they spend it on?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:02 pm It could be a civ or it could be a baddie. Keeping such an item away from the civ faction is a great reason for mafia to spend their money. I mean what else will they spend it on?
If I were them I'd just spend it on things that gave me points appropriate to the missions so I didn't have to be on the lynch poll.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm off to the doctor again. Be back later.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

juliets wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:05 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:02 pm It could be a civ or it could be a baddie. Keeping such an item away from the civ faction is a great reason for mafia to spend their money. I mean what else will they spend it on?
If I were them I'd just spend it on things that gave me points appropriate to the missions so I didn't have to be on the lynch poll.
Ensuring your night kill works >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> keeping a mostly random group of players away from the lynch poll.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 4]

Mentions of Enrique by Epi
Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:03 am I'd say my biggest problem with Enrique are these two elements:
Enrique wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:57 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:56 am I don't worry about Glorfindel. It he's good, people can consider what he says. And mafia will have no choice but to kill him early.
Yeah I've been thinking about this meta and I don't really get it lol. Is this how it usually goes? He must make a really terrible bad guy, right?
In my head, this sounds like, "Really? People actually buy this shit? Meaning we have to kill Glorfindel instead of lynch him? What the hell?"
Enrique wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:02 pm glorfindel and epignosis are good imo
I have no idea why I'm lumped in there with Glorfindel, and no explanation is offered. He said, " Glorfindel and Epignosis are my main town reads. Glorf calling SQ's post reasoned etc. was hilarious and weird but I believe his meta stuff." That came later, but again, there's no explanation as to why I'm there.
Epi's first mention of Enrique comes in day 4. Not a good luck. I like his post though. It's standard Epi intention reading and it kind of burns Enrique a little. He doesn't vote for Enrique immediately though.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:41 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:32 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:28 pm So its time for me to weigh in I guess. I've been going over everyones that's on the Vote's posts. Here is my two cents:

Glorf - While I had initial suspicions of him initially, which was primarily founded on this focus of his meta. I do believe that he very well is a good player and not a baddie. He's been defensive of players, and his Captain and has only really lashed out when one of those was put in the hot seat. So I've swung this vote from red to green.

DDL - Though most people seem to think DDL is a baddie, I'm not entirely convinced. I've seen it swing either way so I am on the ropes with DDL but the way that DDL has reacted even despite his being ejected from his crew. This does not scream bad to me. So I'm again swinging my thoughts from Badish to good.

DrWilgy - Lurking in the shadows. Very low activity from what I've seen but most of what they have posted has not really carried much substance. I suppose the real life reason for inactivity should be considered. I'm on the ropes here. Earlier on they were pretty aggresive with some comments. One thing that stood out to me and still rings is "My Votes have gone to preventing a cowered from being Captain, I'll hold my 4th". This still resonates with me and has pushed my vote over to the bad side. I'm still curious why Wilgy would label Golden a Cowered as I Believe that is where that comment was directed. So... Yeah. And Silence for a long period from the 9th up until...?

DFaraday - Not very active. Mostly responsive to post but nothing that really stands out to me.

Kylemii - Wizard Stuff? Is this some kind of misdirect and avoidance of the Topics at hand? Has not really been helpful but has not hurt. Someone I'm watching to see where this goes as we move on. Leaning Bad.

Luna - Reading through your posts I didn't honestly see anything that stood out as bad up until you ejected DDL from your crew. I'm still not sure I understand why. I thought your handling of your crew pointed to good, but your comments to take in "Jaded" crew. Then when Challenged on it, you 180'ed and said it was a joke. Kind of Strange to me. Those two points combined have me thinking you hail from the dark side of things.

Lapluie... ? Not really here? LOL

Marmot - No real substance to posts until somewhat recently. The vote for Mac without reason kind of through me. I would be interested to know why you threw Mac Under the bus.

SpeedChuck - This suggestion to Lynch ships that have more crew while a good tactic for a win, I'm not sure if I can tell if it was a "Bad' or "Good" Suggestion. It could be both. Mostly seems to play devils advocate between posts.

This is all I've got so far from reading through things and following. Some of the most recent posts are not really analyized here. But yeah. Observations.

So I'm leaning on DrWilgy, and Luna to be honest. I would like other opinions on why I shouldn't vote for one of them or which one I should over the other?
This is the Sokoth post that the whole game is revolving around. The Wilgy portion was focused on because Epi pulled it out of his ass, Marmot because Golden put him on the poll. When they're both dead and town tomorrow, somebody's gonna grab the speedchuck portion which doesn't say anything at all and be like "oh hey look the content of this is different from the other two, surely that means he's bad?" (conveniently ignoring the defense of DDL, again).
That wasn't the post that I found the most damning regarding Wilgy.
A correction.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:40 pm
Enrique wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:24 pm Daisy made a post on our ship when he killed Owner. Going to Niska's planet and failing a mission = one of your crew dies (same happened to Colin).
That doesn't make it an NPC.
Another correction.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:12 pm Voting Golden.
LOL not happening fam. This is DDL vs. Enrique day.
I don't give a shit what day you think it is.
Votes Golden when Mac wants him to vote me or Enrique.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:10 pm I'm voting MacDougall.
Now votes Mac.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:19 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:06 pm Oh man oh man I bet epi has something juicy lined up for us
Would that I did. Today was my first day back to work. Tomorrow is my second day back to work. You can see where this is going.

To answer your question, I harbor a moderate suspicion of DDL, but it has waned. DDL acts like any sudden shift in votes is someone saving someone, because, you know, there are always nine mafia members in a given phase. His "defense" of Sokoth sounds like more of the same.

The trouble is I don't have anyone I presently suspect more. I did vote MacDougall for a reason, but I see I didn't post what it was and I was smashed last night (ironic last post I made, wasn't it?), and I'll be damned if I remember what it was.

nutella jumping onto DDL and acting reluctant about it doesn't sit right with me, but me figuring her out goes about as well as Big Sexy is going to go tonight against the As.

I still suspect Enrique and I now suspect speedchuck because that post about how Golden could be bad was nothing more than a series of specific assumptions, an "anti-Occam's," if you will. It served no purpose, but looked busy.

Outside of these, no other option looks appealing. I need to figure out why.
Big lump of reads. Says his main ones are Enrique and Speed. Not voting yet.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:17 am Voting Enrique.
Now votes Enrique. I think this was one of the early votes? perhaps the first one. It's a decent look.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:37 pm The only reason I'd lynch Golden today is pure schadenfreude, and that's not enough to move me there.

I equally think lynching Turnip Head is a bad choice.

DDL has attained a level of, "Well, that sounds about right for a civilian DDL" that I'm unwilling to move there today.

I retain some suspicion of nutella and speedchuck, but not enough to try to move the masses there.

sig is now juliets, so that's a hard pass for today.

MacDougall's "efforts" don't really pass the smell test, but he falls into the same camp as nutella and speedchuck.

Glorfindel.

This might be the shittiest poll I've seen.

At least Enrique is on it. :grin:
He opposes all of the popular wagons except Enrique's. Suspects some people who are not going to be lynched. Votes Enrique. It's a good look.

///////////////////

Ok so Epi doesn't start that good, but he gets around to it later. He didn't help with Sokoth either, but was an early adopter of DF. So if Epi is bad, Epi is bussing. Every time I accuse him of bussing he says he only ever did it in one game, but I still await for the second one. In this case it would be a well-calculated bussing, with some hardcore avoidance of teammates at first, followed by being the first to vote for them whenever they got some focus. So overall, slightly bad.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:09 pm
Ensuring your night kill works >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> keeping a mostly random group of players away from the lynch poll.
Yeah, fair. I happen to know that a civ bought the item but you have a point. We also discussed the role check item a bit and I thought that mafia might buy it in order to deprive us of info.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 0]

Mentions of Epi by Enrique
Enrique wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:08 am
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:10 am
Dom
No votes

Kylemii
No votes

Macdougall
No votes

Marmot
No votes
lololol. If I get a crew I'ma hire these lowlife scoundrels
Fixed.
I also identify with this impulse. Good votes.
Atta boy.
Enrique wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:19 pm I agree it's a bad look for DDL. His votes are completely arbitrary, you can't expect a lot more from a Day 0 poll, but he still awkwardly emphasizes the completely normal ways in which nutella and Epi voted.
See what I said above about defending nutella, same applies here.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:56 am I don't worry about Glorfindel. It he's good, people can consider what he says. And mafia will have no choice but to kill him early.
Yeah I've been thinking about this meta and I don't really get it lol. Is this how it usually goes? He must make a really terrible bad guy, right?
Here are the two posts Epi pointed at when he accued Enrique. Interestingly, they were both directed at Epi. Is this a civ Epi who is not reading everything and just reacting at forum notifications or is there something more to it? I agree this case is ultra forced though. Pointing out at the truth meta guy and some other dude as your top civs does not effort make.
Enrique wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:16 pm Glorfindel and Epignosis are my main town reads. Glorf calling SQ's post reasoned etc. was hilarious and weird but I believe his meta stuff.
Same again.
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:21 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:03 am I'd say my biggest problem with Enrique are these two elements:
Doesn't really defend himself from Epi, makes an useless point about Glorf. Sounds like avoiding him.

In my head, this sounds like, "Really? People actually buy this shit? Meaning we have to kill Glorfindel instead of lynch him? What the hell?"
I have no idea why I'm lumped in there with Glorfindel, and no explanation is offered. He said, " Glorfindel and Epignosis are my main town reads. Glorf calling SQ's post reasoned etc. was hilarious and weird but I believe his meta stuff." That came later, but again, there's no explanation as to why I'm there.
The Glorfindel situation is pretty ridiculous as you note all the time. And you're legit. Not much else to say about that.
Avoidance.
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:13 am Glorfindel refusing to participate in the polls was bad and encouraging him to is good and helpful. I'm staying out of the Courage debate because I neither understand it nor care, but Epi is right about this.
Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:21 pm DH did you see the Epi posts about DF's timestamps around the SQ lynch? I don't think the team-o-meter is quite at "0%". It's not just what players say but the context around their saying it.

I agree with the DF post saying SQ's freakout was a pretty clear giveaway (or whatever he said) but it's curious that that was the one thing he engaged with after being MIA for days.
Using Epi's post.
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:32 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:28 pm
So its time for me to weigh in I guess. I've been going over everyones that's on the Vote's posts. Here is my two cents:

Glorf - While I had initial suspicions of him initially, which was primarily founded on this focus of his meta. I do believe that he very well is a good player and not a baddie. He's been defensive of players, and his Captain and has only really lashed out when one of those was put in the hot seat. So I've swung this vote from red to green.

DDL - Though most people seem to think DDL is a baddie, I'm not entirely convinced. I've seen it swing either way so I am on the ropes with DDL but the way that DDL has reacted even despite his being ejected from his crew. This does not scream bad to me. So I'm again swinging my thoughts from Badish to good.

DrWilgy - Lurking in the shadows. Very low activity from what I've seen but most of what they have posted has not really carried much substance. I suppose the real life reason for inactivity should be considered. I'm on the ropes here. Earlier on they were pretty aggresive with some comments. One thing that stood out to me and still rings is "My Votes have gone to preventing a cowered from being Captain, I'll hold my 4th". This still resonates with me and has pushed my vote over to the bad side. I'm still curious why Wilgy would label Golden a Cowered as I Believe that is where that comment was directed. So... Yeah. And Silence for a long period from the 9th up until...?

DFaraday - Not very active. Mostly responsive to post but nothing that really stands out to me.

Kylemii - Wizard Stuff? Is this some kind of misdirect and avoidance of the Topics at hand? Has not really been helpful but has not hurt. Someone I'm watching to see where this goes as we move on. Leaning Bad.

Luna - Reading through your posts I didn't honestly see anything that stood out as bad up until you ejected DDL from your crew. I'm still not sure I understand why. I thought your handling of your crew pointed to good, but your comments to take in "Jaded" crew. Then when Challenged on it, you 180'ed and said it was a joke. Kind of Strange to me. Those two points combined have me thinking you hail from the dark side of things.

Lapluie... ? Not really here? LOL

Marmot - No real substance to posts until somewhat recently. The vote for Mac without reason kind of through me. I would be interested to know why you threw Mac Under the bus.

SpeedChuck - This suggestion to Lynch ships that have more crew while a good tactic for a win, I'm not sure if I can tell if it was a "Bad' or "Good" Suggestion. It could be both. Mostly seems to play devils advocate between posts.

This is all I've got so far from reading through things and following. Some of the most recent posts are not really analyized here. But yeah. Observations.

So I'm leaning on DrWilgy, and Luna to be honest. I would like other opinions on why I shouldn't vote for one of them or which one I should over the other?
This is the Sokoth post that the whole game is revolving around. The Wilgy portion was focused on because Epi pulled it out of his ass, Marmot because Golden put him on the poll. When they're both dead and town tomorrow, somebody's gonna grab the speedchuck portion which doesn't say anything at all and be like "oh hey look the content of this is different from the other two, surely that means he's bad?" (conveniently ignoring the defense of DDL, again).
I had to read this twice. "Epi pulled out of his ass"? What? After spending the whole game with his nose firmly stuck in Epi's butt, he suddenly throws a ball of shit on him.
Enrique wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:42 pm I know Epi, that's not what I meant, but you were still the reason people were focusing on Wilgy to begin with.
Epi disagrees with the previous post and Enrique tries to explain.
Enrique wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:00 pm Glorfindel
Epignosis

DharmaHelper
insertnamehere
speedchuck
Mac

nutella
DFaraday
Turnip Head
Golden

Dragon D. Luffy

Golden and TH are probably not both bad but I think one of them is.
Still green on Glorfindel but the fact that he's not voting is very frustrating and it feels like he's coasting at this point.
speedchuck reminds me of FWWM, laying pretty low, possible third party.
Mac I don't think you're scum because this is you every game. Unfortunately, this is just how you play and we gotta get on with it. Let's lynch DDL and worry about whatever crap later.
Rainbow comes and Epi is his lock civ. Wow. I wish I could lynch Enrique again because this such BS.

/////////////////

Veredict: holy crap. Remember when I said Enrique was DH's best friend? All the same happens here. Enrique spends all game licking the ground both DH AND Epignosis walk on.

There is no way in hell DH and Epi are both bad. Zero. If they are, I'm policy lynching every person who ever talks with a baddie Enrique in mafia games again.

One of them? I dunno. This is risky, but could work. I don't feel that good about DH anymore now after reading the Epi series. Damn.

Enrique praises Epi for most of the game, then throws shit at him for marmot, backs down when Epi calls him out, and goes back to praising him. This looks like a natural interaction. Like Enrique poked something he didn't wanna poke. It's the same thing I said for DH and INH, it doesn't feel coreographed. I'll risk a civ read on Epi but the vice-versa post gave me a bad read so I'll put a big NEUTRAL here.

Golden left, and I'll do it later cuz I have to study.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:46 am One last thing...

Because of being blocked at work, I know that I realistically have to curb my mafia posting behaviours significantly, and I had to anyway. I'm way too busy. This could be the last game where I'll post anywhere near this number of posts (it's why I was willing to give up my tell now). I said I was 'probably retiring' earlier in this game. The truth is I don't think I can fully retire, I have to hang around and play the odd game (World Asunder, eg). But I know I have to become a new golden. My life is just becoming too complicated.

For this reason... I feel like this casing could be the last time I'll get to do proper casing. It feels cathartic.

Yes, I'm being overdramatic. I'm sure it will still happen on the odd occasion. But, yknow... that was an hour and a half I don't regret spending. Because I've enjoyed my supatown ways over the years :) and if this is the last time, I enjoyed it!

OK, now I'm done for the night.
It's okay dude. Come back to play whenever you have time, or don't play if you don't. It's always a pleasure to play with you, even though we can't stop fighting. But even if you can't play mafia come here to say hi sometimes.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Post by Golden »

If that was the parameters right now I’d pick DH.

But I don’t think any of us have examined epi enough tbh. It’s a blind spot.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:56 pm
If that was the parameters right now I’d pick DH.

But I don’t think any of us have examined epi enough tbh. It’s a blind spot.
I can agree with that. DDL just posted some analysis, I'll reread that and maybe take a look into Epi's iso on my own if I find the time on break this afternoon.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:09 pm
I agree with DDL on this. There’s benefit in using a protection item if bad. You know who is protected and when so can avoid it, and you look town for doing it.

It works both ways, but I think a townie would recognise that announcing they bought it would likely render it useless. But maybe this is just part of the culture. At Bonnie Mae the culture from very early was ‘being too open about the items you have gives too much to scum if they are ever here’. But perhaps that conversation just never happened over there.

You guys should consider saying who it was that bought it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lotta people sayin' I'm bad just to kind of say it. Kinda funky.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

It was me that bought it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Juliets and I discussed whether we should use it and she and I think also TH agreed that it was a good idea. I don't remember if DH or Epi were around for that exchabge.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 2]

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:49 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:47 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:45 pm [VOTE: Sokoth] aubergine

Luna thinks me defending her is a scumtell because I often defend townies that are likely to get lynched as scum.
You were not the fifth one. I think it was TH.
No, TH was on before me. Speed was last I think, or DF
Nutella, sorry. This is where I got you being the fifth one from, but I misread it.

The thing with you is I'm basically balancing your tone vs your posts. You look tone-good. You look posts-bad.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

In hindsight maybe the NK protect would have worked better if Nutella bought it on the down low but I don't really blame her for the move she made. New items got posted and we got excited.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

hmmm publicly claim to buy the nk protect then kill a guy on the other crew hmmm hmhmhmhmhmhmmhmmmmmmm

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:29 pm hmmm publicly claim to buy the nk protect then kill a guy on the other crew hmmm hmhmhmhmhmhmmhmmmmmmm
The mafia don't even know whether I actually activated the protection last night. I claimed that I did but maybe I didn't.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:33 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:29 pm hmmm publicly claim to buy the nk protect then kill a guy on the other crew hmmm hmhmhmhmhmhmmhmmmmmmm
The mafia don't even know whether I actually activated the protection last night. I claimed that I did but maybe I didn't.
Girl what the hell stfu

Now they'll shoot the bonnie mac again
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:24 pmIt's okay dude. Come back to play whenever you have time, or don't play if you don't. It's always a pleasure to play with you, even though we can't stop fighting. But even if you can't play mafia come here to say hi sometimes.
Cheers by the way. I'll definitely be around on the regular. I'll mod and I'll host and I'll post i other threads etc. I just have to be wiser with playing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:34 pm
Girl what the hell stfu

Maybe so. Anyway I've learned from this that I should shut my mouth and that DH and/or epi are likely to be bad.

The alternative is that Golden killed speed to make me look bad. And/or to make me suspect him less since he seemed to think my suspicion of him was so tied to speed being his teammate.

Or both, if golden is bad with DH or epi and the confluence was convenient for them.

DH or epi could also be bad with ddl though if I'm wrong about golden. I'm not sure what I think yet but I'm feeling [VOTE: dharmahelper] aubergine at least until I look more into Epi.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:49 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:34 pm
Girl what the hell stfu

Maybe so. Anyway I've learned from this that I should shut my mouth and that DH and/or epi are likely to be bad.

The alternative is that Golden killed speed to make me look bad. And/or to make me suspect him less since he seemed to think my suspicion of him was so tied to speed being his teammate.

Or both, if golden is bad with DH or epi and the confluence was convenient for them.

DH or epi could also be bad with ddl though if I'm wrong about golden. I'm not sure what I think yet but I'm feeling [VOTE: dharmahelper] aubergine at least until I look more into Epi.
Mhm very civ move not bad at all.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

To prove how civ they are and how much they're not a cult of a ship Yun Qui has elected to baselessly lynch me because I won't drink the kool aid. mhm makes sense.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:53 pm To prove how civ they are and how much they're not a cult of a ship Yun Qui has elected to baselessly lynch me because I won't drink the kool aid. mhm makes sense.
You have yet to defend yourself at all you're just spewing this "mhm look how bad nutella is" crap. Other than claiming to be responsible for baddie lynches which you have not backed up at all.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

As far as I'm concerned Nutella is supatowning. I think she's channeling the ghost of Nova or something
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:58 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:53 pm To prove how civ they are and how much they're not a cult of a ship Yun Qui has elected to baselessly lynch me because I won't drink the kool aid. mhm makes sense.
You have yet to defend yourself at all you're just spewing this "mhm look how bad nutella is" crap. Other than claiming to be responsible for baddie lynches which you have not backed up at all.
Fam to believe I'm bad you have to believe:

1) I chose a crew that would be composed of 3/5 baddies (3/4 if there are 4 not 5, which I'm still undecided on), drastically limiting the information/influence the mafia would have about other crews.
2) I kept putting my own teammates on the poll because I'm a fuckin idiot?

I'm not defending myself because you've not put out a serious case. "I think its DH. Its gotta be DH. It could be DH. I guess it's DH." is not worth my time or effort.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:59 pm As far as I'm concerned Nutella is supatowning. I think she's channeling the ghost of Nova or something
"Lul yeh keep looking over there nutella ignore me I'm def not bad u get em girl lul"

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Explain to me how we would have lynched any of the mafia we've lynched without my direct influence.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:04 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:59 pm As far as I'm concerned Nutella is supatowning. I think she's channeling the ghost of Nova or something
"Lul yeh keep looking over there nutella ignore me I'm def not bad u get em girl lul"
So now you think TH is bad and I'm town ok
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ok sure DH but golden has said that if he were bad he would put his teammates on the poll. How do I know you didn't control the crew stuff as a scheme to keep your credit and ride out to the end
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:05 pm
Explain to me how we would have lynched any of the mafia we've lynched without my direct influence.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dude I get it I'm two steps ahead of you here. Respond to my last point.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Stop being so goddamn sassy it's fucking obnoxious and as I see it not civ behavior, certainly not helpful.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:20 pm Ok sure DH but golden has said that if he were bad he would put his teammates on the poll. How do I know you didn't control the crew stuff as a scheme to keep your credit and ride out to the end
You don't I guess. But I didn't, because that's a dumb plan.

1. Stack my ship with my team (and cut us off from all the other night threads
2. Sacktown my whole team rather than win missions/put civs on the poll because in this game the only way mafia can die is via lynch so far so exposing my team to that rather than just waiting out endgame and having a majority vote makes 100% total sense.

Dumb plan.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:24 pm Dude I get it I'm two steps ahead of you here. Respond to my last point.
You didn't respond to my point. If you can explain to me which of the mafia we would have lynched without me, then I'll vote for myself.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

You didn't choose to out DF on the poll right? We absolutely would have lynched him no matter what lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Put*
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”