Shepherd Book's Hair (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 7]

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:32 pm You didn't choose to out DF on the poll right? We absolutely would have lynched him no matter what lol
I intentionally tanked the mission, putting him on the poll. Gotcha
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:32 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:32 pm You didn't choose to out DF on the poll right? We absolutely would have lynched him no matter what lol
Ohh right because you wanted to make sure both he and inh were on it. So you actually lessened the probability of his lynch than if you'd won the mission and just put him on it. You wanted in on there as a chance of protecting DF. I remember you saying this and it's pretty damn sketchy tbh.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Wanted INH* on there
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 96
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

How exactly did you intentionally tank the mission?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:35 pm
Ohh right because you wanted to make sure both he and inh were on it. So you actually lessened the probability of his lynch than if you'd won the mission and just put him on it. You wanted in on there as a chance of protecting DF. I remember you saying this and it's pretty damn sketchy tbh.
"You wanted DF on the poll so you could protect him from being lynched so instead of winning the mission and putting INH on the poll you tanked the mission and put you AND Your teammate DF on the poll because you're a dumbass"

Wow u got me

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:36 pm
How exactly did you intentionally tank the mission?
I didn't participate in the mission, which cost us the mission.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:37 pm
"You wanted DF on the poll so you could protect him from being lynched so instead of winning the mission and putting INH on the poll you tanked the mission and put you AND Your teammate DF on the poll because you're a dumbass"

Wow u got me
Well of course you wouldn't just put INH on the poll bc everyone suspected DF enough that it would look really bad for you. So you tanked the mission so you had an excuse not to choose. Flawless plan.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:43 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Wow u got me
Well of course you wouldn't just put INH on the poll bc everyone suspected DF enough that it would look really bad for you. So you tanked the mission so you had an excuse not to choose. Flawless plan.
I can't tell if ur memeing me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Such a convincing response that was. You know, I wasn't sure I believed what I was saying but now I think I do.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:50 pm Such a convincing response that was. You know, I wasn't sure I believed what I was saying but now I think I do.
Oh you're being serious lol.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You're right Nutella I tanked the mission so that 2 (at minimum) mafia would be on the poll instead of .... not.

Cracked the case. Got 'em.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:46 am One last thing...

Because of being blocked at work, I know that I realistically have to curb my mafia posting behaviours significantly, and I had to anyway. I'm way too busy. This could be the last game where I'll post anywhere near this number of posts (it's why I was willing to give up my tell now). I said I was 'probably retiring' earlier in this game. The truth is I don't think I can fully retire, I have to hang around and play the odd game (World Asunder, eg). But I know I have to become a new golden. My life is just becoming too complicated.

For this reason... I feel like this casing could be the last time I'll get to do proper casing. It feels cathartic.

Yes, I'm being overdramatic. I'm sure it will still happen on the odd occasion. But, yknow... that was an hour and a half I don't regret spending. Because I've enjoyed my supatown ways over the years :) and if this is the last time, I enjoyed it!

OK, now I'm done for the night.
But I don’t want a ‘new Golden’. I’ve become far too fond of the current version... . :hugs:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:52 pm You're right Nutella I tanked the mission so that 2 (at minimum) mafia would be on the poll instead of .... not.

Cracked the case. Got 'em.
Well you weren't in danger of being lynched and I think inh sort of was (though DF was more likely). I don't think it's unreasonable to theorize that inh was a safety net.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Master Strategist DH keeps putting his whole team on the poll instead of literally not doing that

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:02 pm Master Strategist DH keeps putting his whole team on the poll instead of literally not doing that
That's what I'm saying yes.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:07 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:02 pm Master Strategist DH keeps putting his whole team on the poll instead of literally not doing that
That's what I'm saying yes.
And I'm agreeing with you. You caught me fam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

You wouldn't want to put just DF on the poll if you thought there was a chance inh could get lynched instead. You wouldn't put just INH on the poll because DF was suspected enough that it would reflect badly on you. So you put then both on. It's not rocket science.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:10 pm You wouldn't want to put just DF on the poll if you thought there was a chance inh could get lynched instead. You wouldn't put just INH on the poll because DF was suspected enough that it would reflect badly on you. So you put then both on. It's not rocket science.
Makes total sense and then I bragged about it because that's what a smart person would do.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:10 pm You wouldn't want to put just DF on the poll if you thought there was a chance inh could get lynched instead. You wouldn't put just INH on the poll because DF was suspected enough that it would reflect badly on you. So you put then both on. It's not rocket science.
Would have looked real bad for me and my definitely 100% teammate DF, you're right. We would have definitely 100% been lynched unless we kept winning missions and stayed off the poll lol oops.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 412

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:49 pm I also say things like ‘I’m 100% sure’ when I’m not. It’s just how I am.
:ponder:

You mean, "a lawyer?"
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:20 pm
Golden wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:49 pm I also say things like ‘I’m 100% sure’ when I’m not. It’s just how I am.

You mean, "a lawyer?"
/nonplayer text

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 pm I'm reading DH, INH, TH and juliets as civs so the point is that I'm running out of options.

And besides today made me want to tear apart this Yun Qui happy family because I've decided it's a serious threat to the civilian faction. We lost Speedchuck last night because the civs among you thought it was a good idea to announce out loud that you were the ones who bought an item that protected everyone but the Bonnie Mac. Because some of you are bad, and the rest are locked in that toxic tribe mentality I talked about early.
I'm glad speedchuck was killed if somebody had to be. He was a big question mark for me. That's one question mark I don't have to answer one way or the other. The fact that the mafia faction felt limited in their choice of targets, if indeed that was the case, is just fine by me. :)
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:26 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:20 pm

You mean, "a lawyer?"
/nonplayer text

/deadplayer text

SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

So mafia is either Golden/DH or nutella/TH, with Epi fitting any slot on those teams.

Am I getting something right
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:29 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 pm I'm reading DH, INH, TH and juliets as civs so the point is that I'm running out of options.

And besides today made me want to tear apart this Yun Qui happy family because I've decided it's a serious threat to the civilian faction. We lost Speedchuck last night because the civs among you thought it was a good idea to announce out loud that you were the ones who bought an item that protected everyone but the Bonnie Mac. Because some of you are bad, and the rest are locked in that toxic tribe mentality I talked about early.
I'm glad speedchuck was killed if somebody had to be. He was a big question mark for me. That's one question mark I don't have to answer one way or the other. The fact that the mafia faction felt limited in their choice of targets, if indeed that was the case, is just fine by me. :)
Tbh he was one of my weakest reads so I kind of agree, I'm just opposing the way the items got handled. I'd rather nobody get killed at all.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Is nutella/Golden possible at this point either? Are we in some crazy bussing universe?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:30 pm So mafia is either Golden/DH or nutella/TH, with Epi fitting any slot on those teams.

I can easily see golden/epi or yes golden/DH or DH/you. DH/epi is much less likely.

I just reread your breakdown of epi/enri and skimmed Epi's iso, and I still gut lean town on epi from that skim. It's possible especially with golden, but I'm feeling worse about DH atm
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Right now I'm kind of wanting to lynch Epi because he's the only one who fits every team combination.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:31 pm Is nutella/Golden possible at this point either? Are we in some crazy bussing universe?
No but that would be fucking amazing :haha:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:37 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:30 pm So mafia is either Golden/DH or nutella/TH, with Epi fitting any slot on those teams.

I can easily see golden/epi or yes golden/DH or DH/you. DH/epi is much less likely.

I just reread your breakdown of epi/enri and skimmed Epi's iso, and I still gut lean town on epi from that skim. It's possible especially with golden, but I'm feeling worse about DH atm
Still haven't given a good reason but you're 100% right you got me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh yeah that's true I proved above DH/Epi is impossible.

Ok should be, unless Enrique was playing like crazy.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:37 pm Right now I'm kind of wanting to lynch Epi because he's the only one who fits every team combination.
Oh maybe he fits with DH I'm not sure how I'd calculate that. I am confident it can't be you/ epi though lol.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:34 pm Girl what the hell stfu

Now they'll shoot the bonnie mac again
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 pm that toxic tribe mentality I talked about early.
You should run for office. :llama:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Hm ok I already forgot what that evidence was but I believe you
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:49 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:34 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:33 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:29 pm hmmm publicly claim to buy the nk protect then kill a guy on the other crew hmmm hmhmhmhmhmhmmhmmmmmmm
The mafia don't even know whether I actually activated the protection last night. I claimed that I did but maybe I didn't.
Girl what the hell stfu

Maybe so. Anyway I've learned from this that I should shut my mouth and that DH and/or epi are likely to be bad.

The alternative is that Golden killed speed to make me look bad. And/or to make me suspect him less since he seemed to think my suspicion of him was so tied to speed being his teammate.

Or both, if golden is bad with DH or epi and the confluence was convenient for them.

DH or epi could also be bad with ddl though if I'm wrong about golden. I'm not sure what I think yet but I'm feeling [VOTE: dharmahelper] aubergine at least until I look more into Epi.
"Or maybe anyone could be bad."

:rolleyes:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:40 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:49 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:34 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:33 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:29 pm hmmm publicly claim to buy the nk protect then kill a guy on the other crew hmmm hmhmhmhmhmhmmhmmmmmmm
The mafia don't even know whether I actually activated the protection last night. I claimed that I did but maybe I didn't.
Girl what the hell stfu

Maybe so. Anyway I've learned from this that I should shut my mouth and that DH and/or epi are likely to be bad.

The alternative is that Golden killed speed to make me look bad. And/or to make me suspect him less since he seemed to think my suspicion of him was so tied to speed being his teammate.

Or both, if golden is bad with DH or epi and the confluence was convenient for them.

DH or epi could also be bad with ddl though if I'm wrong about golden. I'm not sure what I think yet but I'm feeling [VOTE: dharmahelper] aubergine at least until I look more into Epi.
"Or maybe anyone could be bad."

:rolleyes:
Yeah, feels kinda bad man but I've got a big poe pool left.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:39 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:34 pm Girl what the hell stfu

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:47 pm that toxic tribe mentality I talked about early.
You should run for office. :llama:
If they shoot the bonnie mac knowing we have no means to stop it we wasted a chance at stopping a NK. Thats the problem.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:40 pm

Enrique praised both DH and Epi like gods all game.

I mean I could see him doing that with one person but half his teams?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:31 pm Is nutella/Golden possible at this point either? Are we in some crazy bussing universe?
No but that would be fucking amazing :haha:
Yes it would lol. I kinda wish this was true.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:37 pm Right now I'm kind of wanting to lynch Epi because he's the only one who fits every team combination.
Except, you know, the combinations that include Enrique and DFaraday.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:44 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:40 pm

Enrique praised both DH and Epi like gods all game.

I mean I could see him doing that with one person but half his teams?
Right yeah I did buy that. There was definitely some buddying going on.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I am happy with my vote on DH. Epi is closer to tinfoil zone atm.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

It's DH and Golden for me. I think DH is taking more credit for the mafia lynches than he is due, he also arrived into Yun qui completely tone deaf, as if he didn't know how to behave around us
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm gonna vote for nutella because I'm bad and I need to vote for someone to make sure I don't get lynched.

Curses, if only I hadn't gotten my whole team lynched in the days previous to this one, I wouldn't be in this position.

Voting Nutella

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:49 pm It's DH and Golden for me. I think DH is taking more credit for the mafia lynches than he is due, he also arrived into Yun qui completely tone deaf, as if he didn't know how to behave around us
If you and nutella can explain how you would have lynched any one of the mafia without my direct influence, I will vote for myself.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Pretty brilliant of me to continue putting my team on the poll instead of not. I'm so smart.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

But if you're mafia then you didn't have much of a choice but to nominate your teammates :shrug2:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:49 pm It's DH and Golden for me. I think DH is taking more credit for the mafia lynches than he is due, he also arrived into Yun qui completely tone deaf, as if he didn't know how to behave around us
Wow ur rite u gaiz r not playin the tribal crew gaem u r so srs about huntin mafias. wow so good

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:52 pm But if you're mafia then you didn't have much of a choice but to nominate your teammates :shrug2:
wow ur rite.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Idk how to respond to ignorance

Return to “Previous Jobs”