Pac Man (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:30 pm I want everyone to tell me what Elohcin's alignment is, and also why you say so.
Did you ever get your answer? Because it's pretty obvious that mega man is aligned good if their purpose is to defeat the evil scientist:
Epignosis wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:27 pm
In the year 20XX...

Spoiler: show
...a super robot named Mega Man was invented by Dr. Light to stop the mysterious evil scientist Dr. Wily, who hijacked and reprogrammed four Robot Masters to serve his criminal plans.
It is now Day 0. You have 24 hours to check in, vote, and take care of any preliminary business...
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:10 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:53 pm
Simon wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:38 am Jack, why did you vote coliniscool?
He appeared to be my most lynchable suspect at the time but I didn’t realize people were about to move/had just moved to Eloh. The perils of doing the dishes during EOD.
I'm in a similar boat. EOD was right around the time dinner was ready, and I didn't make it in time. I was surprised to see Eloh back on top, because last time I had glanced in, it seemed like most were accepting that Eloh was genuine, and moving on to Colin or nova.
What was the case on Colin? I didn't know he was a counter-wagon
Colin essentially said Sloonei’s play here reminded him of his play in Greece, specifically the way Sloonei treated him when they were mafia partners.

This was not well received as comparisons to his Sloonei treated a mafia partner would necessitate Colin also being mafia in this game. Ergo, Colin’s case on Sloonei is fake. Ergo Colin is scum.
I saw that, but his point was that Sloonei was placing a vote and making up a reason for it. Would scum Colin be that stupid?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:10 pm This was not well received as comparisons to his Sloonei treated a mafia partner would necessitate Colin also being mafia in this game. Ergo, Colin’s case on Sloonei is fake. Ergo Colin is scum.
Is that what that was about? Psh. You can have a bad case, or a contradictory one, without being scum.

I'm still firmly in the ColinIsTown camp.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:20 pm I feel like I was the most vocal opponent to the very brief Quin counterwgon, for what it’s worth. Make of that what you will, but for me that reduces the anxiety that he was saved. I just wasn’t convinced by the words people said against him. I tried to read Quin as bad in the moment and wasn’t able to do it.

As I’ve already expressed today, though, he’s someone I plan to look at moving forward.
Sloonei/Quin/JJJ w/w then? :nicenod:
Tbh that's the dream
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Lots of people ask me to explain what an orange g would sound like to their uncultured earholes.

Phonetically, an orange g sounds a little bit gayer than a regular g. Try it. You're going to press the middle of your tongue (not the tip) to the roof of your mouth, leave the tip of your tongue suspended in air while you push upwards. Next, take off your pants. Close your nostrils. Now you're ready to make your noise. Suck the air out from your ribcage and spit it out your teeth. Guh. Guhhhhhhh. Ghhughygruhyyou start flicking your tongue wildly at this pointghyuhhughu. ghyuhhughughyuhhughughyuhhughughyuhhughughyuhhughu
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm Only 90s kids will remember that Quin was the EoD counterwagon
I love this post lol also you were in my dream last night hope that's not weird (narrator voice: it was definitely weird)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:25 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:10 pm This was not well received as comparisons to his Sloonei treated a mafia partner would necessitate Colin also being mafia in this game. Ergo, Colin’s case on Sloonei is fake. Ergo Colin is scum.
Is that what that was about? Psh. You can have a bad case, or a contradictory one, without being scum.

I'm still firmly in the ColinIsTown camp.
Agree, it didn't make much sense that his case was based on a thing that happened when they were scummates but the way Colin handled his view on sloon otherwise looked townie imo.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:51 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:16 pm Only 90s kids will remember that Quin was the EoD counterwagon
I love this post lol also you were in my dream last night hope that's not weird (narrator voice: it was definitely weird)
details please :scared:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I had a dream I was hooking up with Betty Cooper.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

it was pretty vague tbh, we didnt really interact and like... well you know how dreams are, it was only sorta conceptually turnip head
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:01 pm Hard to read jjj when he's like this
feels funny when i'm like this. like, so many mafia players make it their entire mission to be unreadable, as if that's the objective of the game. it definitely makes me worse, as in i am much less useful and cannot promote winning mafia the way i normally would. it makes me more confident in my strategic decisions.

i do see the appeal though in that i don't have to do as much and it's mildly amusing. i am sorry to my lovely civilian crew that you must get this version of me in mega man mafia 2k18. but you know what, i deserve this. i'm special, and important, and loved, and doggone it people like me

:cloud9:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lunalee wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:30 pm I want everyone to tell me what Elohcin's alignment is, and also why you say so.
Did you ever get your answer? Because it's pretty obvious that mega man is aligned good if their purpose is to defeat the evil scientist:
[/quote]

yeah yeah he's a good guy OKAY :meany:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i hate 90s kids

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

KYLE

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

actually i think turnip head might be smelly. he's normally the type to stand in defense of people who feel like being goofy, and i have modeled at least some of my posts after his example. but now he thinks i'm bad, like yeah right dude. no you don't dude. you know i'm good, dude. because i'm not on your team. that's the implication. that you're a bad guy. instead of a good guy like me.

tryna capitalize on my silliness, you go to hell sir

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:24 pm actually i think turnip head might be smelly. he's normally the type to stand in defense of people who feel like being goofy, and i have modeled at least some of my posts after his example. but now he thinks i'm bad, like yeah right dude. no you don't dude. you know i'm good, dude. because i'm not on your team. that's the implication. that you're a bad guy. instead of a good guy like me.

tryna capitalize on my silliness, you go to hell sir
dude
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Prolonged fart noise

Yep, Turnip Head is smelly all right. That was most definitely him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Marmot wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:26 pm Prolonged fart noise

What creature did marmots evolve from? You've turned into one of those :kadaj:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:26 pm Prolonged fart noise

hi marmot! i'm jaggedjimmyjay, but you already know me :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I need two headstones 3D-printed:

Rip Metalmarsh89
"A good rodent, a good friend, pops his head out of the ground and helps you, no matter what"
2014 - 2016ish

Rip Marmot
"derpa derpo"
2016ish- about ten minutes from now after I drop my Marmot diss track
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Wb mountain man. Hit us with dem fresh insights.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30

Post by ColinIsCool »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:10 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:10 pm
He appeared to be my most lynchable suspect at the time but I didn’t realize people were about to move/had just moved to Eloh. The perils of doing the dishes during EOD.
I'm in a similar boat. EOD was right around the time dinner was ready, and I didn't make it in time. I was surprised to see Eloh back on top, because last time I had glanced in, it seemed like most were accepting that Eloh was genuine, and moving on to Colin or nova.
What was the case on Colin? I didn't know he was a counter-wagon
Colin essentially said Sloonei’s play here reminded him of his play in Greece, specifically the way Sloonei treated him when they were mafia partners.

This was not well received as comparisons to his Sloonei treated a mafia partner would necessitate Colin also being mafia in this game. Ergo, Colin’s case on Sloonei is fake. Ergo Colin is scum.
I don’t care how it’s “received.” Sloonei’s “suspicion” of me was fake and bad in AG. Sloonei’s suspicion of me here also looked flimsy as hell and hey look there’s a parallel.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

jack's reads don't strike me as very flexible so far in this game and that bugs me

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 300
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I want to be clear that the theories being floated about Colin right now are not mine, even though I’m sort of at the center of it.

My concern about Colin (and at this point I’d rather call it a “concern” than a “suspicion”) is not that he applied a suspicion to me which “did not make sense”, as others are saying, but that he designated me a suspect and then applied a justification for that retroactively.

In his most recent post he asserted that my initial “suspicion” of him was “flimsy”. I don’t deny this qualification: it was Day 1. Everything is flimsy and needs to be exaggerated or else nothing will happen. I have not reviewed Colin’s posts to trace this and nothing sticks out in my memory one way or the other, but right now I am questioning how believable his claim to have suspected me on these grounds is. My original vote for him was a token pressure vote. I made an effort to frame it as such. I wanted him to be aware that I was waiting for him to deliver some content. Eventually I put a “real” vote on him because I was not satisfied with the content he had produced. Still a flimsy vote, but given the way Day 1 played out, it was no more flimsy than all the other votes. To circle back to my original point, my concern is that Colin placed what was either the 4th or 5th vote on my bandwagon because it was easy to do, and then later needed to apply a justification for that vote, turning to our recent experience as scum partners. Jay provided an insightful counter-argument to this concern, but I’m not entirely convinced that the suspicion preceded the vote at this point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:22 pmKYLE
He’s never going to answer.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Epignosis »

Night 1 has Ended.

ColinIsCool has been destroyed.

JaggedJimmyJay has been destroyed.

Day 2...Loading

Day 2...Loading

Day 2...Loading

Day 2...Failed

It is now Night 2. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 2]

Post by speedchuck »

Dood no
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This is an even worse result than the Day 1 result.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:22 pmKYLE
He’s never going to answer.

Manga Man mafia is next year.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jack knew Jay was gonna die, fight me
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Those are both odd kill choices. Colin was by no means a universal suspect, but he’s someone that was receoving more heat than the average player.
Jay was also a divisive figure, and his presence was generating a good amount of confusion. But also he’s JJJ so it’s never totally shocking for bad guys to target him, if that’s what happened.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yikeity.

Orange m eehhh??
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I assume Jay was the mafia's kill since it makes more sense that Colin was killed by a civ. Jay also has the orangeness in his name and Colin doesn't so idk what that means.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

...... Jay :(
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

you were the only motherfucker in this whole city who says my name in all caps every few hours, i will avenger your death
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Can't we just reload from our last save point
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Wait why is it Night 2
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Our disc is scratched
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Welp

I'm hosting a Night 2 party, it'll be a high class affair. The dress code is Black tie body armor, no crocs
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What if I put ties on my crocs?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what if my body armor is made 100% out of croc foam
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

My bouncer is an AI so I doubt you'd get through security
K-Ness
Posts in topic: 79

Post by K-Ness »

I just can't keep up in these games. Smooth move lynching Elohcin making it even more difficult for me.

Note to self: pay attention to the poll vote at the top of the page since voting doesn't take place in the thread.

*sigh*

Goodbye passiveness.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 240

Post by Quin »

Too convenient.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 240

Post by Quin »

Colin had one vote when jack moved his. I don't know how that makes him the most lynchable suspect.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:35 pm Jack knew Jay was gonna die, fight me
You can state your opinions without getting into fights. But what makes you think Jack knew?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 73

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 pm This is an even worse result than the Day 1 result.
You are so evil and villainous and it offends me that you survived day one.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 pm This is an even worse result than the Day 1 result.
...did you even vote for Sloonei on day 1?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:28 pm
Please move past this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:35 pm Jack knew Jay was gonna die, fight me
I only wink at players who aren’t going to turn around and lynch me.

:ninja:

Return to “Previous Jobs”